Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Crafters, and YOUFollow

#52 Nov 22 2010 at 7:58 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
no you guys seem to fail to understand. You guys are too close minded.
And are only thinking about yourselves.
I've been taking what you guys are saying and making it all across the classes.
each class provides the other for services. and with what you guys are saying. Should be compensated for your efforts.
by saying this that should apply to everyone.
as a Dom/Dow/DoL it is my job to get items to you. And should be compensated for it.
it is the jobs of the tankers of DoW and healers of Dom to protect the DDs of Dow and all the DoL, so they should also be compensated.
Kinda get where I am going?
why should you guys, who are given free items to repair my stuff, ask a fee. When I'm providing a free service? I should get what I give. It isn;t like I'm charging you to repair mu stuff so you can get sp. With what I'm saying we both are equally paid. Since we provided each other.


As I already said...
Quote:

In that scenario, I probably wouldn't charge, yes. I'm talking about the rest of the time, that's when I charge...


Except from you...you would have to pay 500kSmiley: grin....

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 9:00am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#53 Nov 22 2010 at 8:06 AM Rating: Default
**
315 posts
@ gad.
take time to actually read what I said.... XD
let me put it simply.
i get/buy mats and shards for repairs. meaning i spent money.
i need my hand to hand repaired.
I walk up to a crafter and give them all items needed.
why should either person pay if both are providing a free service.
as you do get sp from repairing as someone brought up.
If i walk up to a crafter i have no mats
I would exoect to pay a fee as the crafter would have to spend money to get the items needed. So both of us are paying for the service.
the pary thing makes sence of you REALLY think about what the crafters are saying and that reason for it.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#54 Nov 22 2010 at 8:10 AM Rating: Default
**
315 posts
@ twisted....
/facepalm.
i get you. Thats for repeating yourself when I'm not agressing you but other ppl. /sigh.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#55 Nov 22 2010 at 8:12 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
i was making jobs up and I am a female. And I'm just 1/2 asleep. Point of the matter is craftering asking for a fee when mats are freely given is unreasonable no matter how you spin it.
And you guys fail to understand that. If you want to chage a fee tto repair with reson given is labor based on the fact you have to lvl up to give us service. So expect us Dow/Dom to charge you the mats which could be freely given. plus got of time it took us to level to get those mats to provide you with a chance to level. Or are the Dom/Dow now unreasonable for making you buy our items?


Aren't people already charging mat + labour fee? Hello? 300 gil each Wind Shard example? Those are worth 1 gil to NPC. Everything on the market right now is charged with basic material cost + labour fee, unless the seller is very desperate. Everything, be it DoW/DoM/DoH/DoL. And look, if you charge us x amount of gil for repair material (Which SOME PEOPLE already do), then we simply charge back x + y amount of gil, that's how the economy run.
____________________________




#56 Nov 22 2010 at 8:15 AM Rating: Default
**
315 posts
you know i;m laughing everytime i pass by the "this is a new game from ffxi"
sure its a new game... but both games have a type of repair system.
woodworkers once reached a skill could repair broken fishing rods.
and 99% of the time. If you provide the wood, broken rod, crystal. The person would not charge you a repair fee. :)
was hoping I wasn't gonna be the one to say it, but guess i had to.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#57 Nov 22 2010 at 8:19 AM Rating: Excellent
28 posts
I always chuckle at people who offer 10 gil for a repair that takes a bronze plate (shields usually). Bronze plates cost 8 earth shards (at very least, this costs 1.5k) to make from [easily obtainable] ingots, either that or they're 6.6k over the counter from the NPC. Please don't offer 10 gil for something that costs 1.5k at least. Same with ash macuahuitls and ash planks. 10 wind shards for 3 planks and it might take all 3 just to fix the sword. That's possibly a loss of 10 wind shards to fix your macuahutil. At 400g per shard, offer something more than a few hundred gil.

So dumb. So dumb for real.
#58 Nov 22 2010 at 8:25 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:

the pary thing makes sence of you REALLY think about what the crafters are saying and that reason for it.


No, sorry it doesn't. When you start having to pay in order for the mobs to spawn to earn you SP and mats/shards to sell and have to raise those prices to make up for the money lost of spawning the mobs then it'll be the same...
____________________________

#59 Nov 22 2010 at 8:28 AM Rating: Excellent
*
106 posts
There are 2 things that come to mind when reading this post and the replies...

First off, thanks to Meowshi for creating this. I'm sure it took quite a bit of time.

The first thing that comes to mind is the old saying: "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."
I am always happy to help out someone with repairs, or happy to reward someone for repairing my gear.
It can be a hassle to stop what your doing, equip the proper tools, and repair someone's gear.
And if you think that crafters should go around and repair your gear for free, you're going to be waiting a long time for repairs.

The other thing I was thinking about, is join a Linkshell if you're having trouble finding anyone to help you with repairs. Our LS is constantly working with each other, trading mats, trading shards, and repairing each others' gear.


Nobody is better than the other. The vast majority of shards DoH get to work with, I'd think, would come from DoW, DoM grinding out in the field. And without DoH, the people that don't take the time to craft, would be wearing less-than-ideal gear, I'd think.
____________________________


#60Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 8:28 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ok kho.
#61 Nov 22 2010 at 8:28 AM Rating: Excellent
8 posts
I never have a problem getting repairs done. I think I tip
well but not so sure anymore. I usually pay 3-5k for repair
depending on rank and how common repair mats are.
I never hear complaints from crafters and always get timely
repairs. Furthermore I dunno where all this anti crafter
sentiment is comming from. God bless the crafter. I want gear
cuz I like killing things. I don't like crafting all the time. If you
wanna complain that prices are too high you can do 1 of 2 things.
1: make more money or 2: wait for prices to drop. So quit
******* at crafters, it's simple economics.
____________________________



#62 Nov 22 2010 at 8:30 AM Rating: Excellent
*
176 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
here is the thing, I'm goving you mats for free, why do you got the right to charge me.


Because you can't repair it and I can. I don't want your mats. I want to go about my business and craft in peace. If you want me to repair something for you, then pay me for my labor + the cost of the repair material. If you provide the repair material, you STILL have to pay me for my labor. Why? Because you are receiving a benefit. You are getting something repaired. The crafter gets nothing other than time wasted if you do not offer something more than the repair material. Providing the material results in a discount of the total repair fee.

Quote:
why should you guys, who are given free items to repair my stuff, ask a fee. When I'm providing a free service? I should get what I give. It isn;t like I'm charging you to repair mu stuff so you can get sp. With what I'm saying we both are equally paid. Since we provided each other.


Excuse me, what free service are you providing to me - the person you are hiring to repair YOUR gear? Let's say you give me a nugget to repair your weapon. I don't get to keep that nugget. I have to use it to repair your weapon. You didn't give me anything else. You get a repaired weapon.

Net result: You have a repaired weapon. I have nothing. Nothing. You wasted my time. How exactly does that constitute 'equally paid'?

Quote:
what would be taking advantage is if the person doesn't give you the mats. then says I'm not paying a fee. pretty much you provided a free service and lost gil from having to buy mats.


If someone asks for a repair and does not pay a fee, the crafter has no obligation to repair the item. You speak as if crafters need to repair things to level up. They don't. It only slows them down.

Also, SP gained from repairing is not enough. If I ask you to kill a marmot and give me the earth shards - then claim that the sp you gained from killing it is a good enough reward for you - would you be satisfied? All you did was hit a few buttons, after all.
#63Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 8:40 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) @ twisted
#64 Nov 22 2010 at 8:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
trust me i'm not a moron. I just think out side the box.

Pretty far outside the box, yes.
What does a crafter gain from the "mats" you benevolently provide if he has to use them for repairing your stuff?
You know, like,... +1-1=0?
#65 Nov 22 2010 at 8:49 AM Rating: Excellent
*
51 posts
I love when Rinsui joins in the conversation.

It's always a great combination of intelligence and humor.
____________________________
FFXIV: Taiga Halak, Fabul

FFXI: Talina, Valefor (retired)
#66Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 8:50 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) @ krono.
#67 Nov 22 2010 at 8:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
97 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
@ twisted
then you are not truely reading it.
tanking= service
healing = service
crafting = service
repairing = service
mat farming= service


Such a terrible comparison. Tanks, healers all get SP in parties. If a healer or tank didnt get xp they would not be in the party. So everyone is getting something fair.

Now in your situation you are saying that the crafter gets some SP which makes it fair. Here's where it all falls down. The SP gain is miniscule. Its typically less than 50sp. You cannot level up crafting on those sorts of gains its a bonus but a truely pathetic one. If the gain was in the region of 200-300 then maybe your case is valid. But it's not.

I believe the fishing rod repairs in FFXIV gave exactly the same return as a normal craft would so AGAIN your argument falls down.

In the end if you want free repairs you can try it as much as you like. Just don't expect crafters that are crafting and probably have bought synthesis support to stop between crafts to repair your item for free. If you get someone that is willing to do that then lucky you. As a crafter I would never ask that of another crafter.
____________________________
FFXIV : Khaap Keha : THM(Bodhum) In progress and enjoying it so far.
FFXI : Khaap : 75BLM, 75NIN Retired (sadly and it was purely down to graphics)



#68Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 8:53 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) the crafter don;t need to spend money on the mats?
#69 Nov 22 2010 at 8:58 AM Rating: Excellent
*
164 posts
Let me see if I can make this a little clearer for the people that need repairs.

You say that if you provide the mats, the repair should be for free right?
Well why don't you run up to a level 10 weaver and hand him your velveteen fent you just harvested and ask him to repair your velveteen sash? He'd stare at the fent, your sash and say "Sorry, I'm too low level to repair that".

Waste of your time correct? You would need to find someone that has spent DAYS and WEEKS and Millions of gil so that he has the skill needed to repair your velveteen sash.

So here is the point. Who is more valuable to you, the level 10 weaver or the level 35 weaver? It's in your best interest to help the 35 weaver to gain SP and continue to progress.

Providing a single fent and 1-2k gill will not help him.

My advice to DoW/DoM is to find crafters of the skill's you need and become friends with them. Provide them shards / crystals for free EVEN WHEN YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING REPAIRED. In return, they'll probably start repairing all of your stuff for free as well.

Better advice! Get into a good LinkShell that has a strong crafting base.....kill stuff and give your crafters mats / crystals....Your reward? Free phat weapons/armor and unlimited repairs........(at least thats how my LS works).

____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#70Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 8:59 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
#71 Nov 22 2010 at 9:09 AM Rating: Excellent
*
51 posts
Yes, we are kidding you. we secretly hope you will insult us, and keep us from doing what we want so we can repair your things and get like 25 SP. In fact, i secretly hope SE will charge us to repair your stuff. i mean. you are doing us all those services, and by services i mean leveling yourself. i think we should all pay 10k to have the opportunity to repair your gear. That's only fair. i mean you paid us well more than required when you got the gear, right?

Who doesn't buy tires for their car if they don't get free tire rotations?
Who would buy a car that DIDN'T come with a 10yr/100k mile warranty?

Come on, fellow crafters. It's time we suck it up.
Everyone knows its our fault their **** breaks in the first place.
We should have made higher quality products from the start, and we're not gonna get the US government to bail us out.




</leaves this stupid conversation>
____________________________
FFXIV: Taiga Halak, Fabul

FFXI: Talina, Valefor (retired)
#72Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 9:12 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) sorry but not happening. I'm not giving my service for free. :)
#73 Nov 22 2010 at 9:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
97 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
so just because you get 50 sp for a repair while i provide the mats. that is grounds to charge ppl. LAME!!!!!! AND BS!!!!!!
sorry sweety go play ffxi. you get a bog .1 -.3 kill up per craft if you do. And ppl don;t charge you if you got the mats. Cuz in ffxi no one charges labor fees. And there is a minor repair system.
you crafter are not gods goft to ffxi. sp is sp at least you earn some.


Don't throw your toys out of the pram just because I provide a logical argument you are struggling with.

Perhaps I can compound it even further, past a certain level you get NO sp gain for repairs. Still think we should be doing them for free? Still think we should be taking durability hits on our tools / equipment for free to complete strangers?

Crafters are not and do not want to be Gods. They just want a chance to be rewarded for what is a truely punishing amount of gil they have to outlay to get to the levels they need to repair and provide the gear for DoW / DoM

If you want to point the jackass finger at someone then point it at the 1000's of players overcharging for shards / crystals in the wards.

____________________________
FFXIV : Khaap Keha : THM(Bodhum) In progress and enjoying it so far.
FFXI : Khaap : 75BLM, 75NIN Retired (sadly and it was purely down to graphics)



#74Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 9:27 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) like i said sp = sp. You are leveling with repairs. repairs = easy prey mob in ffxi.
#75 Nov 22 2010 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
*
85 posts
Well, basic economics seems to be a huge player here. Supply and Demand. Is there a demand for repairs? yes. Is there a supply for it? yes. How much of each? Seems like a lot more demand (as every discipline needs repairs) than supply. Hence, there will be a cost for those repairs. Whether it's fair or not, is doesn't even matter, these are the cold hard facts. You can try to argue your points to individual crafters and hope they see yuor point of view, but most won't, let's face it.
#76 Nov 22 2010 at 9:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
97 posts
Good luck.... your going to need it.

Let us know how much time you waste running around trying to find a charity worker crafter. Then consider how many mats you could have farmed during that time you wasted.
____________________________
FFXIV : Khaap Keha : THM(Bodhum) In progress and enjoying it so far.
FFXI : Khaap : 75BLM, 75NIN Retired (sadly and it was purely down to graphics)



#77Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 9:37 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) the shards are not over changed... that is everyones item + labor fee since you seem fit to charge ppl with.
#78 Nov 22 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Good
*
164 posts
Quote:
You are getting something for nothing. Other then the skill what effort are you putting into it? none. You are not spending 1 gil on anything. I on the other hand loose gil. Mats i give you for free can be used to make money.


Why don't you give those mats to a level 5 crafter and see what happens. That is where the effort is.
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#79Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 9:42 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) you fail at understanding. sorry for the attack but i;m sick of your bs.
#80 Nov 22 2010 at 9:44 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Wait, do you even play XIV yet Irish? All you can seem to talk about is XI. You know very little about the game, yet feel the need to judge and tell others they're "doing it wrong." If you're not playing the game then your opinion on this matter is completely worthless to me. Add in that you start off by calling crafters con-men & you're calling people stupid and unable to read your nonsensical, difficult to read posts and you get the angry responses you've received. Well deserving I think...

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 10:48am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#81 Nov 22 2010 at 9:45 AM Rating: Excellent
*
164 posts
Lets try this another way...

Sheep skin usually sells for maybe 300-400 gil
Dodo skin....maybe 1000 if you're lucky
buffalo? 3000-5000k sometimes even closer to 10k!!!!

Shouldn't the price of your repair costs go up as well?

The SP I get from fixing a sheepskin harness is maybe 10-15 sp. The SP I get for something using a buffalo spetch, maybe 30-40 SP. This is 10% of what I get from doing a single synth at my level, so the arguement that repairing gives skillpoints is bogus.

Quote:
I AM NOT REPEAT NOT GETTING CHARGED AGAIN. YOUR REWARD FOR TAKING MY MATS IS NOT HAVING TO PAY FOR THEM.
IS THAT NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU SPOILED BRATS?


With that attitude, you can run around with broken equipment for all I care.




Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 10:47am by tmproff
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#82 Nov 22 2010 at 9:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Irishclass, you would be great for leveling up on puns and
witty returns - if not for the fact you are just an EP mob.

May this hint make you understand both why I quit the thread
and why crafters don't repair without monetary compensation.
#83 Nov 22 2010 at 9:48 AM Rating: Excellent
*
165 posts
You pay me no money, I get no appreciable skill-up and I'm going to use your provided materials doing your repair, leaving me nothing afterwards.

Oh honey, that's such a fair trade for my labour, I'm crying with joy.
#84Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 9:51 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i have not once called ppl stupid. I got called moron/ stupid etc.
#85 Nov 22 2010 at 9:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
255 posts
My take?

I don't know you, I don't owe you any favors, I am not OBLIGED to help you.
And that includes repairing equipment for you.

All I'm asking for is a tip as an appreciation.
If you don't like it, feel free to walk away. No hard feelings involved.
Find another crafter that will do it for free, take up crafting, go to the repair NPC, whatever.
I am not losing anything just because I didn't repair your equipment, in fact, I saved time in doing so.
The tip I'm asking for certain won't even make-or-break me.

That said, if I am in a generous mood, I will do it for free.
Just don't expect it to happen everytime.
#86 Nov 22 2010 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
*
164 posts
Is it fair to charge a Aeronautical engineer the same hourly rate that you would for a plumber?
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#87 Nov 22 2010 at 9:53 AM Rating: Default
*
164 posts
Double post

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 10:53am by tmproff
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#88 Nov 22 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Decent
*
164 posts
Quote:
crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


OMG, I'm adding that as my sig...
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#89 Nov 22 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
35 posts
Wow long thread. Meowshi put up a good read, and I think bottom line should be that all classes need to carry the same amount of respect for each other..

But this thread sure turned into a debate over something else. From how irish puts it, I suppose all the crafters should repair an item for free as long as mats are provided.

I am a violin teacher by trade, and I have spent 28 years playing/practicing the violin now. But I guess I should not charge for the lessons I give.. noooo.. My students bring their own violins and books. I should teach them for free since I don't have to spend a cent on teaching them anything.

The PC shop down the road should not charge for repairs on my PC cos the MB shorted out. I know nuts about PCS, but I do know where to buy a usable new MB. "Hey I did you a service bringing the MB to you. Now fix it for free please."

The doctors/lawyers of the world are the real scammers though. Have you seen what they charge for a 10 min consultation these days? Just the other day I paid a good $60 for the doctor to tell me my son has hives.. Something I could already determine for myself. But I still had to do it because the medicine was "prescription" only.

/sarcasm off
____________________________


#90 Nov 22 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
97 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
I AM NOT GETTING SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.
I AM JUST NOT PAYING TWICE.
IF I HAVE TO PAY FOR MATS AND SHARD TO GET MY ITEM REPAIRD. I AM NOT REPEAT NOT GETTING CHARGED AGAIN. YOUR REWARD FOR TAKING MY MATS IS NOT HAVING TO PAY FOR THEM.
IS THAT NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU SPOILED BRATS?


Doesn't use any shards to repair items. Not sure which game you are playing.

Your premise is we are rewarded with mats, however if we have to use those mats to repair your items then our only gain is a tiny SP gain. As I said, if you think that is fair then good luck finding crafters willing to do repairs.

The SP gain is so tiny I personally wouldn't bother, and several other crafters on this thread have told you the same.

As I have said, good luck finding a crafter willing to do it for free for the SP gains.
____________________________
FFXIV : Khaap Keha : THM(Bodhum) In progress and enjoying it so far.
FFXI : Khaap : 75BLM, 75NIN Retired (sadly and it was purely down to graphics)



#91 Nov 22 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
*
51 posts
Quote:
Is it fair to charge a Aeronautical engineer the same hourly rate that you would for a plumber?


That depends on your economic model.

'cause that makes a big difference.

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 10:58am by TaigaHalak
____________________________
FFXIV: Taiga Halak, Fabul

FFXI: Talina, Valefor (retired)
#92 Nov 22 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
*
165 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
If i give you that then its even.


You are walking away with a 100% repaired weapon or armor, worth approximately 2 hours of strenuous use. What am I getting in this "even" trade?
#93Irishclass777, Posted: Nov 22 2010 at 9:57 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lol something you failed to realise...
#94 Nov 22 2010 at 9:58 AM Rating: Default
**
315 posts
jadyness wrote:
Irishclass777 wrote:
If i give you that then its even.


You are walking away with a 100% repaired weapon or armor, worth approximately 2 hours of strenuous use. What am I getting in this "even" trade?

THE OPINION TO NOT LOOSE GIL.
OR IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#95 Nov 22 2010 at 9:58 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
i have not once called ppl stupid. I got called moron/ stupid etc.
and you are con man if i gotta pay double the actual worth.
you don't charge someone for repairs, you charge someone for mats used during the process.

If i give you that then its even.
you guys are so twisted though on this repair bs, you fail to understand basics of service.
and who cares if i play or not. crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


Irishclass777 wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
trust me i'm not a moron. I just think out side the box.

Pretty far outside the box, yes.
What does a crafter gain from the "mats" you benevolently provide if he has to use them for repairing your stuff?
You know, like,... +1-1=0?

the crafter don;t need to spend money on the mats?
or did you not read that part.
sorry read all of it and not some before forming an opinion. :)
it don;t make you look as stupid.


Ring a bell?

You're making rules for us and you don't even play the game. You seem to view crafting as "less than" or a "side-job". Repairs have a place in the gaming cycle of "needs" and trading goods. Everyone wants a fair reward for their part in the cycle. Yes, many people are trying to take advantage of that and overcharge for their part. That's for ALL classes though. You're one-sided because you're only seeing the crafters as the con-men here. Nevermind the people ripping the crafters off, that's business as usual?

Edited, Nov 22nd 2010 11:02am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#96 Nov 22 2010 at 10:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
97 posts
Perhaps you should add in the suggestion forum that the repair npc should accept materials instead of money. That way the crafters wont have to waste thier time on you anymore and you wont have to waste time "SHOUTING" in the forums.

P.S. Make sure you put the suggestion in "ALL CAPS" to get your point across clearly and concisely.

P.P.S Make sure you use lots of kewl l337 sP34K as well as that is going to guarantee the devs will take it seriously.

P.P.P.S Finally, you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****.
____________________________
FFXIV : Khaap Keha : THM(Bodhum) In progress and enjoying it so far.
FFXI : Khaap : 75BLM, 75NIN Retired (sadly and it was purely down to graphics)



#97 Nov 22 2010 at 10:03 AM Rating: Excellent
*
85 posts
Irishclass777 wrote:
jadyness wrote:
Irishclass777 wrote:
If i give you that then its even.


You are walking away with a 100% repaired weapon or armor, worth approximately 2 hours of strenuous use. What am I getting in this "even" trade?

THE OPINION TO NOT LOOSE GIL.
OR IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?


I'm not attacking or arguing. I'm just saying that ultimately, the choice is that of the crafter. instead of trying to argue with people your point, find some in game who see it. Truth is, if they believe they should be compensated for their work, then that's that. Again, supply and demand. They can supply something that you demand and thus, they can charge you.

if FFXIV didn't have NPC repair people, this would all be a different story, but since NPC repairs can get pricey, crafter think, "Hey, I can charge people for repairs, make some money, but still save them the cost of the NPC repair guy, WIN WIN." It's a theory
#98 Nov 22 2010 at 10:10 AM Rating: Default
**
315 posts
1 that isn't calling someone stupid
but stupid is as stupid does.
and everyone in here complaining about my OPiNION.'
need to rethink how you stuff works.
1 i spend money on mats
2 you do not spend money on mats
3 sp is sp. you guys are over charing ppl who give you mats plain and simple.
you guys atre acting like a while who requires a fee to party.
and whm or healers rather are a must and a need.
so with what you guys are saying. since i need a healer to party ishould pay them a fee to do so? That is what you guys are doing.
i can see paying you if i have no mats. Since you would have to spend money.
but clicking the buttons to craft/repair is not doing physical labor. and begging and requiring a rewards is asinine for the reasons you guys want it.
i can easiliy triple charge you for mats to do repairs easy for your reasons. since it was pain staking to earn gil, run around to find the mats by them then find your sorry excuse of a crafter.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
#99 Nov 22 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
*
164 posts
Quote:
1 i spend money on mats
2 you do not spend money on mats
3 sp is sp. you guys are over charing ppl who give you mats plain and simple.


1. I spend money on my level
2. You need my level to repair your crap
3. I have the right to ask for money (based on my skill) to repair your crap

____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#100 Nov 22 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Excellent
**
398 posts
but Irish, it's not painstaking to make gil anymore.

5-10k comes from killing two monsters and selling its shards outside the main town.

A single levequest gives anywhere between 25-40k at R30. At R40, you get 25-40k + things like Ogre Horns, which sell for even more, or Ahriman wings which go for 40k a piece (mind you, both of these things sell for these prices TO CRAFTERS)

Keep in mind you have Eight of these things to go through per reset- the money adds up. You see rank 20s with easily 1m.

And you also see rank 20s offering 3k to get their armor repaired.


One other thing I mentioned. I did say that one weapon = ~2 hours of extrenuous use, but it's completely different for armor. For armor, I get repairs usually once every two days, and I repair at <60%.
#101 Nov 22 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Default
**
315 posts
@ xenith
by your logic then.
i can charge crafter the mats they need to repair my items since again supply and demand
like i said crafters should NEVERA CHARGE A FEE IF THAT FEE IS BEING PAID FOR IN ADVANCE. AKA PRICE FOR THE MATS. why should i soend a ton of money on not only mays but someone asinine concet of labor?
sorry no thanks. I can craft myself easy. I enjoy it.
you guys really need to rethink that repair fee and supply and demand.
i don;t demand you to repair. I ask, and will compensate your time with items so all you need to do is repair.
what you gain is not having to spend money, not having to run around, not having to look for mats to repair.
that should be good enough. I can see you having to pay for the mays and asking for payment.
but it asinine if i gotta pay twice to fix a weapon/gear that might be cheaper just buying a new 1 and droping the old.
____________________________
can you ware shoes in clown shoes
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)