again why should I pay for repairs, when i did most of the work to get it repaired, all you are doing is providing the skill I lack. How bout this DO NOT BE GREEDY.
You guys will make money MAKING items. repairing is more or less a side skill. I love you you guys think its unfair. When you guys are the ones being unfair. With the carpenter. If you give him the wood all you do is pay for labor. Which based on how long, its about a week. And because he is physically doing stuff that can be dangerous. there is no danger in item repair.
And like i said if i am not providing you the mats you do get payed for the price of said mats. That is due to you are doing more work then myself.
Since, as you claim, you have already done all the 'hard work', then it's no trouble to fix it yourself. Right?
Here's how this works:
1. Some people are trying to level up and will do it for free.
2. The worth of someone else's time and effort is up to them, not you, to determine
3. If you don't want to pay, you have the following options:
- Find someone else (good luck with that).
- Pay the NPC a pile of Gil and deal with the lower repair value.
- Level the craft & do it yourself.
- Get used to busted Gear.
- Buy a new one.
Most people aren't going to be very willing to help when you come up and DEMAND
that they do you a FAVOR
. In fact, you're going to have better luck Begging for help than demanding it.
I personally charge 100gil per level of the item as a baseline (assuming mats supplied), if I'm in town or one of the "noob" camps. The price goes up the further away I get.
But if the person is a Jerk, I'll just tell them "Hey, with that kind of attitude I'm not gonna help you for ANY amount of money".