Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

ThrowingFollow

#1 Nov 23 2010 at 2:44 PM Rating: Decent
*
85 posts
Hey all,

I've been meaning to ask about throwing at some point. With secondary skills (namely shield) can lvl up on top of other skills and most disciplines getting throwing weapons, do you ever think they will add a secondary skill for throwing? I think it could be cool if they added skills for throwing weapons as it does have a lot of potential.

Has this ever been mentioned by SE? I have been unable to find anything, so that probably means no, but I figured I may as well ask. If it's not the case, a quick no and ignoring the thread will suffice.

Thanks all.
#2 Nov 23 2010 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
I doubt it. If they did, they'd have to implement it very differently from the way they do things now. Ask a lot of shield users how they feel about Sentinel skill.
#3Galkaholics, Posted: Nov 23 2010 at 2:58 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) a quick no and ignoring the thread will suffice.
#4 Nov 23 2010 at 4:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
97 posts
I think the OP raises a valid point. As of now throw is an ability that really has no development stretched out for it. I think SE may implement something in the future, but is not a priority right now.
#5 Nov 23 2010 at 4:12 PM Rating: Good
***
1,949 posts
I'm still waiting to hear anything about throwing WSes in XI especially for Ninjas, and no, Sange doesn't cut it :D
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#6 Nov 23 2010 at 4:21 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I just wish they increased the range of throwing,monkeys seems to be the best thing to have a throw fight with my homemade rocks.
____________________________





#7 Nov 23 2010 at 4:34 PM Rating: Decent
*
85 posts
Docent42 wrote:
I'm still waiting to hear anything about throwing WSes in XI especially for Ninjas, and no, Sange doesn't cut it :D


That's sort of why I asked. I recall so many people asking about it in FFXI, I figured SE may try to add something for 14. I suppose they could add a throwing discipline, but it doesn't seem like it would feel very different from, say, archer.
#8 Nov 23 2010 at 5:08 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
A slinger would be a neat thing to have and the difference between that and say archer could be maybe being able to quick-equip pots and stuff for long range heals and debuffs in addition to elemental damage from things like firepots and melee damage from rocks. Their main weapon could be a sling (which would give weavers and leatherworkers more weapons to make) and then, of course, ammo. It would be a great combat class for an alchemist to take up.

It would be especially cool if they could sling ethers and things at mages to restore mana for long battles. If it was like that it would be tactically very different from an archer - less DD and more support.

oooh getting excited by this idea... so the kind of skills they could learn is quick equips of different ammos. Say they start with only being able to equip some boring ammo and then gradually get the ability to equip different kinds.

Then you could use those skills on other classes to equip say ethers as ammo but you would be just throwing them by hand so you would not have as much range.

Edited, Nov 23rd 2010 3:12pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#9 Nov 23 2010 at 5:15 PM Rating: Good
*
246 posts
That would be awesome, especially since I fell in love with Alchemy. If they did that, then I can make my own ammo.
____________________________
#10 Nov 23 2010 at 5:20 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Ararmoire wrote:
That would be awesome, especially since I fell in love with Alchemy. If they did that, then I can make my own ammo.


Yeah alchemy is my main craft so part of the reason I like the idea is because it would be fun to make my own ammo and because it would give people more incentive to buy my loot.

Smiley: nod
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#11 Nov 23 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Good
*
85 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
A slinger would be a neat thing to have and the difference between that and say archer could be maybe being able to quick-equip pots and stuff for long range heals and debuffs in addition to elemental damage from things like firepots and melee damage from rocks. Their main weapon could be a sling (which would give weavers and leatherworkers more weapons to make) and then, of course, ammo. It would be a great combat class for an alchemist to take up.

It would be especially cool if they could sling ethers and things at mages to restore mana for long battles. If it was like that it would be tactically very different from an archer - less DD and more support.

oooh getting excited by this idea... so the kind of skills they could learn is quick equips of different ammos. Say they start with only being able to equip some boring ammo and then gradually get the ability to equip different kinds.

Then you could use those skills on other classes to equip say ethers as ammo but you would be just throwing them by hand so you would not have as much range.

Edited, Nov 23rd 2010 3:12pm by Olorinus


I've always thought a Chemist type job would be fun. Expensive though and there would have to be limitations, as items are more plentiful than MP in big fights.

A sling could be a fun weapon in some instance though, cause let's face it, that can't be common. I'd love to see a true shuriken throwing discipline, even as a secondary ability. Lvling up throwing in FFXI just seemed so useless.
#12 Nov 24 2010 at 4:17 AM Rating: Excellent
*
90 posts
XienithSilvercloud wrote:
I've always thought a Chemist type job would be fun. Expensive though and there would have to be limitations, as items are more plentiful than MP in big fights.


It's funny, I started reading this thread and immediately thought of Chemist from FFT... AoE Ethers to replenish the MP of both party Healers and party Casters at the same time.

I'm sure it would make a lot of Alchemists very happy to have an entire DoM class reliant on their products for their combat actions... and I'm sure it would certainly up the demand for a lot of Botanists harvested mats. Maybe to "weaponize" potions (Cure Bombs?) and such would require additional synths which could be added to the recipe list.
#13 Nov 24 2010 at 6:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
37 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
A slinger would be a neat thing to have and the difference between that and say archer could be maybe being able to quick-equip pots and stuff for long range heals and debuffs in addition to elemental damage from things like firepots and melee damage from rocks. Their main weapon could be a sling (which would give weavers and leatherworkers more weapons to make) and then, of course, ammo. It would be a great combat class for an alchemist to take up.

It would be especially cool if they could sling ethers and things at mages to restore mana for long battles. If it was like that it would be tactically very different from an archer - less DD and more support.

oooh getting excited by this idea... so the kind of skills they could learn is quick equips of different ammos. Say they start with only being able to equip some boring ammo and then gradually get the ability to equip different kinds.

Then you could use those skills on other classes to equip say ethers as ammo but you would be just throwing them by hand so you would not have as much range.

Edited, Nov 23rd 2010 3:12pm by Olorinus


Chemist. Best. Idea. Ever!
____________________________


#14 Nov 24 2010 at 6:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
37 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
A slinger would be a neat thing to have and the difference between that and say archer could be maybe being able to quick-equip pots and stuff for long range heals and debuffs in addition to elemental damage from things like firepots and melee damage from rocks. Their main weapon could be a sling (which would give weavers and leatherworkers more weapons to make) and then, of course, ammo. It would be a great combat class for an alchemist to take up.

It would be especially cool if they could sling ethers and things at mages to restore mana for long battles. If it was like that it would be tactically very different from an archer - less DD and more support.

oooh getting excited by this idea... so the kind of skills they could learn is quick equips of different ammos. Say they start with only being able to equip some boring ammo and then gradually get the ability to equip different kinds.

Then you could use those skills on other classes to equip say ethers as ammo but you would be just throwing them by hand so you would not have as much range.

Edited, Nov 23rd 2010 3:12pm by Olorinus


Chemist. Best. Idea. Ever!
____________________________


#15 Nov 25 2010 at 12:49 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
AilysFoxglove wrote:

I'm sure it would make a lot of Alchemists very happy to have an entire DoM class reliant on their products for their combat actions...


Smiley: nod
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)