Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

NO GUILD MARKS Follow

#1 Nov 28 2010 at 2:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
346 posts
Well I'm in my second week of having 2 crafts over 20 and very close to having 4 more crafts reach 20 in the next couple of days and no dam guild marks on the crafts over 20 going on 2 weeks. Out of all the things in this game that frustrate me this is the MOST FRUSTRATING! Why should getting guild marks for the guilds you are part of be total luck? This one thing if not changed will make me toss the game in the garbage.
I have LS mates that have 2 or 3 levees daily that give marks for the same dam guild craft I am trying to get. How is that fair or balanced, or anything but frustrating...
____________________________


#2 Nov 28 2010 at 2:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
209 posts
Fair and Balanced?

FFXIV = Fox News now?

Yeah, it took me about 2 weeks before they started kicking in.
____________________________
Catrim Boudain - Selbina, Gridania

"He who looks for the ridiculous in everything shall find it"
#3 Nov 28 2010 at 2:58 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
It's not fair or balanced. In my opinion, it's another example of SE relying too heavily on random systems. It took me almost two months of doing every 20+ armorer leve offered to me every reset to get enough guild marks for one training book and on the forums I'm reading about people buying their third. In fairness, those people were also power leveling the class and getting marks from class quests, but it still sucked.

Now I've managed to get two books with armorer (one of which was bought with marks from class quests) and one with leatherworker (I chose cobbling because it also benefits armorer). I'm 800 marks shy of being able to get a book for clothcraft, but that one has to go to weaving because I had blowing up undyed canvas D:

I just wish SE would smooth it out. I don't necessarily want more but it gets frustrating when you go a couple of weeks feeling like you've made no progress towards training.
#4 Nov 28 2010 at 4:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
419 posts
I know it's random, but I haven't seen a leve with any guild marks since the version update. Granted, I only have one class at rank 20 or above, but I used to at least get one leve per reset that awarded me marks.
____________________________

FFXI: BST99/THF99/DNC99/BRD75/SMN61 (Phoenix Server)
WoW: 90 Death Knight, 90 Priest [For the Horde!]
Diablo II & III player~
#5 Nov 28 2010 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
I've got total 22k Goldsmith Guild marks and 12k Carpenter Guild marks. I've had weeks going without marks, and suddenly in one leve cycle I've received close to 4k marks. What I have noticed is that the amount of marks rewarded seem to be progressive, i.e. first time you receive 400, second time 500, third time 600 etc. The latest round is on Friday I've had 3 leves awarding GLD marks, with 1100s, 1200s and 1300s. The only solution to your lack of marks is getting your craft as high as possible so they open up more higher rank local leves, but the patch should have made every r10+ local having a chance of giving marks now. Also you do not need to get your craft to r20 to receive marks, pre-patch there are people who got marks before they reach r20 for that craft.
____________________________




#6 Nov 28 2010 at 4:49 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Khornette wrote:
I've got total 22k Goldsmith Guild marks and 12k Carpenter Guild marks. I've had weeks going without marks, and suddenly in one leve cycle I've received close to 4k marks. What I have noticed is that the amount of marks rewarded seem to be progressive, i.e. first time you receive 400, second time 500, third time 600 etc. The latest round is on Friday I've had 3 leves awarding GLD marks, with 1100s, 1200s and 1300s. The only solution to your lack of marks is getting your craft as high as possible so they open up more higher rank local leves, but the patch should have made every r10+ local having a chance of giving marks now. Also you do not need to get your craft to r20 to receive marks, pre-patch there are people who got marks before they reach r20 for that craft.


Marks seem to be 10% of what you would have received in gil. I've had some that award over 1000 and the next one I turn in gives ~400. Very hard to say for me at this point because I'm drawing marks from up to 6 different classes so it's hard to keep straight. I'll be able to confirm the next time I get armorer marks, though. My last award was ~1100.
#7 Nov 28 2010 at 5:19 PM Rating: Good
**
602 posts
I have gotten about 70k in GM for my pug(32). got 2k for gold smith (21) and 600 for my Letather(18) and none for Black smith (17). Its so random last week none. I mean 0 for 7 days then the other day i got about 5k in PGL marks from 3 leves. I only do the GL in Ul'dah so thats wheir i have gotten all mine.
.
____________________________
BANNED

#8 Nov 28 2010 at 7:48 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
447 posts
djattracta wrote:
I know it's random, but I haven't seen a leve with any guild marks since the version update. Granted, I only have one class at rank 20 or above, but I used to at least get one leve per reset that awarded me marks.



You're confused, good sir. The only leves where you *see* that you're getting marks as a reward are Battlecraft Leves (Disciples of War/Magic)

For Fieldcraft Leves and Local Leves (Hand/Land), you don't see the mark reward upfront - instead, you are granted them on a random basis upon completing the leve.

I have yet to finish a leve at rank 15+ since the patch that hasn't given me marks.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#9 Nov 28 2010 at 7:52 PM Rating: Good
***
3,801 posts
volta1 wrote:
djattracta wrote:
I know it's random, but I haven't seen a leve with any guild marks since the version update. Granted, I only have one class at rank 20 or above, but I used to at least get one leve per reset that awarded me marks.



You're confused, good sir. The only leves where you *see* that you're getting marks as a reward are Battlecraft Leves (Disciples of War/Magic)

For Fieldcraft Leves and Local Leves (Hand/Land), you don't see the mark reward upfront - instead, you are granted them on a random basis upon completing the leve.

I have yet to finish a leve at rank 15+ since the patch that hasn't given me marks.


Close, but not quite. You do see marks you'll get for Fieldcraft leves. You do not see any you'll get for local leves.
____________________________
Bloodsail Admiral since 5/16/05
#10 Nov 28 2010 at 7:59 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
447 posts
Ialaman wrote:
volta1 wrote:
djattracta wrote:
I know it's random, but I haven't seen a leve with any guild marks since the version update. Granted, I only have one class at rank 20 or above, but I used to at least get one leve per reset that awarded me marks.



You're confused, good sir. The only leves where you *see* that you're getting marks as a reward are Battlecraft Leves (Disciples of War/Magic)

For Fieldcraft Leves and Local Leves (Hand/Land), you don't see the mark reward upfront - instead, you are granted them on a random basis upon completing the leve.

I have yet to finish a leve at rank 15+ since the patch that hasn't given me marks.


Close, but not quite. You do see marks you'll get for Fieldcraft leves. You do not see any you'll get for local leves.

thanks for the correction. shouldn't have been lazy and guessed given that I don't have any R15+ Land classes. Good to know it's not war/magic vs. land/hand as opposed to regional vs local leve types.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#11 Nov 28 2010 at 8:06 PM Rating: Decent
**
608 posts
im not sure how you get marks but i been getting marks for jobs im not currently playing as when leves reset. i been getting them when i max trade my leves (trading 4 of them for 1) for other leves by the next leve reset.
i usually get 2 sometimes 3 leves with guild points. and i dont think its you level cuz most my jobs been getting leves with points since they were around lv8

i got got miner points today 17XX with a trade in.

Edited, Nov 28th 2010 9:08pm by mitmystria
#12 Nov 28 2010 at 8:10 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
179 posts
2 crafts both 28, 2 weeks and all i got is 508 guildmarks, how about that?

____________________________
#13 Nov 28 2010 at 8:13 PM Rating: Default
**
608 posts
Quote:
2 crafts both 28, 2 weeks and all i got is 508 guildmarks, how about that?

its not the level i know. i think there something else too it SE hasnt told us yet. only need that lv20 leves section open from what i seen. maybe soloing the leves? all i ever do.
#14 Nov 29 2010 at 12:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
im currently getting marks on 25% of my leves 15+

today for instance

3 carp 1 leather

the 25 carp quest i did gave me 700 marks

last reset it was 2 carp and 1 alchemy and 1 lw

the level 15 carp one gave me 600 marks
____________________________


#15 Nov 29 2010 at 12:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
826 posts
The system is simply too random. I just finished my third cycle (saved leves for after the update) of locals, and not a single mark. It's pretty discouraging to even bother with locals...not like shards and crystals are that hard to come by, and since they nerfed the gil reward into the ground, not worth it for that either anymore.

What they need to do is the same thing they did with SP gain, a flat amount of marks per leve over rank 20. It could even be a multiplier of your final rating, but something has to change. The system definitely favors those individuals with one DoH class significantly or singularly higher than everything else. I shouldn't be punished for wanting to diversify.
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#16 Nov 29 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
I wouldn't worry about marks.

You'll be getting thousands on your way to 50.

**** i'm level 28 arm and bsm and I haven't needed them yet.

I think they're just there to help making HQ items from what I can tell.

Don't bust a nut over it, basically. You can get to 50 without them.
____________________________


#17 Nov 29 2010 at 1:53 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
tylerbee wrote:
I wouldn't worry about marks.

You'll be getting thousands on your way to 50.

**** i'm level 28 arm and bsm and I haven't needed them yet.

I think they're just there to help making HQ items from what I can tell.

Don't bust a nut over it, basically. You can get to 50 without them.


Recipes that recommend a particular type of training carry stiff penalties to success rates and potential for greater durability loss if you don't have the training than if you do. These penalties are most noticeable when you're close to the rank of the recipe, but as an example I failed an Iron Squares synth as a rank 31 armorer (rank 21 recipe) with 29 progress because 3 actions in a row failed for 24, 27, and 29 durability lost (stable element, too).

Some types of training (ie smelting, from the looks of things) don't seem to make that much of an impact. I don't ever really have difficulty making nuggets of any kind. Others (sheeting, chainweaving, cobbling) make a very noticeable difference.
#18 Nov 29 2010 at 1:57 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
Every leve should give you the option to choose whether to get Gil, Guild Marks, Items (if available), or bonus SP/Exp. You would be able to choose only one.

____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#19 Nov 29 2010 at 2:07 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Threx wrote:
Every leve should give you the option to choose whether to get Gil, Guild Marks, Items (if available), or bonus SP/Exp. You would be able to choose only one.



I'm not sure about the bonus sp/xp, but I wouldn't be opposed to a system that lets you choose gil or marks. I do understand that SE is trying to pace how quickly players accumulate marks. I just think that right now there's a horrible imbalance that means you can have two players at the same rank for the same amount of time doing the same number of leves every reset and one can end up way ahead in terms of marks earned.
#20 Nov 29 2010 at 2:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Aurelius wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
I wouldn't worry about marks.

You'll be getting thousands on your way to 50.

**** i'm level 28 arm and bsm and I haven't needed them yet.

I think they're just there to help making HQ items from what I can tell.

Don't bust a nut over it, basically. You can get to 50 without them.


Recipes that recommend a particular type of training carry stiff penalties to success rates and potential for greater durability loss if you don't have the training than if you do. These penalties are most noticeable when you're close to the rank of the recipe, but as an example I failed an Iron Squares synth as a rank 31 armorer (rank 21 recipe) with 29 progress because 3 actions in a row failed for 24, 27, and 29 durability lost (stable element, too).

Some types of training (ie smelting, from the looks of things) don't seem to make that much of an impact. I don't ever really have difficulty making nuggets of any kind. Others (sheeting, chainweaving, cobbling) make a very noticeable difference.


Yeah but how many square synths succeeded in that crafting session for the one synth you lost? I am not saying it doesn't help, I am saying it isn't a necessity to level. People shouldn't worry about it so much.
____________________________


#21 Nov 29 2010 at 2:26 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Yeah but how many square synths succeeded in that crafting session for the one synth you lost? I am not saying it doesn't help, I am saying it isn't a necessity to level. People shouldn't worry about it so much.


There's a bigger picture at play that you're overlooking. It's not just about their impact on making things with your own shards and mats. It's about the cycle of getting a limited selection of leves that can award marks, and many of those leves ask you to make items that recommend training that you don't have. You don't have the training because you haven't earned the marks and you fail the leves because you don't have the training, meaning you can't get the marks. Making it so that lower rank leves can award marks helps people in the lower ranks. For people in the higher ranks, it means sacrificing SP gains from the leves (because they're so far below your rank) for the CHANCE of earning marks.

It's just not a very well thought out system.
#22 Nov 29 2010 at 2:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Yeah thats fair.

I've personally never had any problems doing leves three levels above mine and I have absolutely no training for either BSM or ARM.

____________________________


#23 Nov 29 2010 at 2:57 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Yeah thats fair.

I've personally never had any problems doing leves three levels above mine and I have absolutely no training for either BSM or ARM.



Check the local leves out of Gridania for the one to make Iron Sollerets for Misentia. You'll understand.
#24 Nov 29 2010 at 3:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
322 posts
Well, i'm not leveling Weaver and Tanner to 25 anytime soon so no thanks! lol
____________________________


#25 Nov 29 2010 at 5:20 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
97 posts
This has actually gotten worse since the update as now several locations I would consider running too are no longer possible due to the new mobs.

As an example Broken Water, which with a bit of luck you could get past the birds in the canyon. Now the new mobs at the canyon exit make it a waste of time. So that's more anima I have to waste to hand in a quest which then gives me no guild marks just to kick a man in the nuts when he is down.

I'm getting really frustrated with this random system, especially when I look at my Thaumaturge (two levels lower than my GLD) sitting there with 28k guild marks and nothing worthwhile to spend it on. (I have to agree with others on other threads that DoW / DoM guild marks are far too easy)

The only saving grace is the Local Leves are still giving me really good SP so at the moment I'm at least still getting levels out of it, but its so frustrating having to run to some far out of the place hand in and end up getting nothing :(

____________________________
FFXIV : Khaap Keha : THM(Bodhum) In progress and enjoying it so far.
FFXI : Khaap : 75BLM, 75NIN Retired (sadly and it was purely down to graphics)



This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)