Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

What is keeping you from playing FFXIVFollow

#102 Nov 30 2010 at 11:41 PM Rating: Good
33 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
So let me get this straight. For it to be fair to you I should have to sit around for a few hours shouting for repairs instead of doing what lil fun I do find in the game? Not becuse you get good sp from it. or make any form of real profit from it. No I should be forced to sit around just so you feel Important? who is being greedy now?


The problem isn't the system, the problem is players unwilling to interact with the community.


Tylerbee, The problem is ABSOLUTELY with the system. The community maybe 1 percent and the rest can be laid at SE's door.

Here's why repairing is so difficult. First of all, ****** ****** interface, with all its delays etc make repairing is a chore. Between putting the item in your bazaar and the rest of the steps, its absolutely insane. Then going through steps, like you were crafting with the lag and the mouse and the menu's and the hurting and the crying, I don't even want to repair my own crap. System problem, not community.

Lack of inventory space. I may not have the fents or whatever to do your repair or the inventory space even if you provide the mats. Maybe I have the fents but they are on my retainer so I have to zone into the market wards or run to the bell to summon him. Once again, more trouble than its worth.

Here's what I lay at the community's doorstep, and even then it's not a situation of the players making, is that people offer me a pittance to do a repair. A repair is a GIGANTIC inconvenience (all Square's fault) and as such I want to be handsomely compensated. I repeat, I don't even want to repair my own stuff. And since I want to be handsomely compensated, it would probably be cheaper to buy new stuff.

Also the sytems fault is the frequency of which repairs are needed. I don't want to repair stuff that frequently.

I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair. There's no community so its hard to network and make contacts. This is also Squares fault with their short sentence character limit, no proper way to do an autoreply, whispers being super cumbersome as well (they should look at Aions way, just click on the characters name in chat and you can whisper)and the inability to chat while attacking, or crafting. Absolutely idiotic system, I don't give a **** if this makes the PS3 players feel left out. It's no surprise that a community hasn't developed.

Also to your comment a few posts back about crafters needing help, they don't. Stupid Square Enix again making a game with nothing to do so 99% of the player base is a crafter. Everything that crafters need they get for themselves or can buy in the market wards. Too bad about being able to find it. Oh look! Square's fault again. Oh, and since almost everyone is a crafter, seriously, what kind of economy do you expect this game to have? Not what Square envisioned anyway. There's going to be much more supply then demand.

TLDR: Don't blame the players. It is ABSOLUTELY Squares fault.

#103 Nov 30 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
I agree it needs refinement but once that is sorted out it'll be no problem. I've always got plenty of inv space, especially with the 20 slot increase for players and retainers. Also, armor and jewellery doesn't degrade that fast, it maybe needs repairing once every 2-3 days if you're constantly playing (more than six hours a day) which isn't that frequently. The only exception i'd add is weapons which probably need their durability doubled.

What i'd suggest is a seperate tab for Repairs next to the Bazaar tab and the ability to offer more than one reward and even the mat itself.

What i'd also like to see is the removal of getting down on one knee and make the whole process alot smoother, possibly instant once you click accept on the repair.

Other than that, no problems with it, imo. I didn't say it was perfect, but people need to be flexible as the MMO is developing. Not everything can be addressed in one miracle patch. They did pretty well with the last one, why not have some patience and wait it out? I'm sure they'll get to it eventually :)



Edited, Dec 1st 2010 12:56am by tylerbee
____________________________


#104 Dec 01 2010 at 12:15 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
676 posts
Quote:
First of all, sh*tty sh*tty interface, with all its delays etc make repairing is a chore. Between putting the item in your bazaar and the rest of the steps, its absolutely insane.
Putting an item in your bazaar takes all of 10 seconds with the recent update, and you can leave it there to be repaired at a later date. The 'rest' is just someone else repairing your equipment, which also takes no more than a few seconds to a minute tops.

Quote:
Lack of inventory space. I may not have the fents or whatever to do your repair or the inventory space even if you provide the mats. Maybe I have the fents but they are on my retainer so I have to zone into the market wards or run to the bell to summon him. Once again, more trouble than its worth
Anyone who intends to repair gear of this nature would either keep the repair materials on them (after all, they will likely repair their own gear too) or will have inventory space kept free for the purpose. Anyone who doesn't have room never intended to repair your item in the first place.

Quote:
Here's what I lay at the community's doorstep, and even then it's not a situation of the players making, is that people offer me a pittance to do a repair. A repair is a GIGANTIC inconvenience (all Square's fault) and as such I want to be handsomely compensated
How exactly is it such a 'giagantic' inconvenience, when we've already established it takes no more than a couple of minutes at absolute best (and thats assuming plenty of lag) to repair any given item with the materials to hand? If you don't want to repair someone's gear, then don't. No one is forcing you, and SE have offered the alternate method of using NPC repairs (though I'll agree it's frustrating that they don't repair jewellery).

Not wanting to do something is an issue with the individual crafters, not with the system.

Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

I didn't mean to pick apart your post specifically, but you've highlighted a lot of things people get frustrated at for no good reason. Okay, fine you have to repair your equipment. Plenty of online games have had this exact same system and it's never been an issue. Goodness, try playing Perfect World as a Barbarian and you'll start thinking that FFXIV is too forgiving in its wear and tear of armor and weapons, especially when it comes to repair prices!

I often go around repairing things from people's bazaars out of duty, and because it earns me a little gil for crafting items which are often very cheap to manufacture. I can craft dozens of leather spetches for very cheap prices, since I farm my own materials. Similarly, I can do likewise with cotton, hemp or growth formulae. People overestimate the prices because many are often buying them directly from players rather than spending the time to amass their own materials.

I gain EXP and SP while farming. I get it while crafting. I get it while repairing. It's a win-win situation all round. The fault is no longer with the system, it is with the community attitude towards it.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands
____________________________

FFXI: Siren Server: Seiowan Lvl 99 WHM, SCH, BLM
FFXIV: Ragnarok Server: Lemuria Glitterhands All Classes 50
#105 Dec 01 2010 at 12:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
Putting an item in your bazaar takes all of 10 seconds with the recent update


Is it really that bad? 10 seconds is a LONG time to execute such a simple function. Other games would have an interface that takes no more than 3.

I believe that the crafting/repair system is horribly borked, but I also think that at this point it's still kind of low on the list.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#106 Dec 01 2010 at 12:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
My Jedi instincts that are developing more and more as TOR gets closer are telling me SE=$$$
Squaresoft= ^_^


SE forgot that ^_^ = $$$ though.
____________________________
MUTED
#107 Dec 01 2010 at 11:22 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
283 posts
Glitterhands wrote:


Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands

Ya we can pay 60 70% more for a 25% less repair that will have us back looking for a repair 25% faster! there is a good idea. Or they could take the system out of the players hands put in a NPC that can repair to 100% at a fair rate. and lower the **** rate that weapons degrade. It would fix everything. it takes nothing from crafters. they can still repair ther own items. The could evon offer repairs at a disconted rate from the NPC to make a buck or get SP if they wish and the rest of us would not be punished by this crapy *** repair system.

The reason repair works in most games is becuse it is not a punishment system. Its not ment to slow the player down. Its a gil/plat/gold sink system. Im sure SE ment this system to be a gil sink. But atm it is not. all it dose is take gil from one play and give it to another and punish players for playing the game.
#108 Dec 01 2010 at 11:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
676 posts
Quote:
Is it really that bad? 10 seconds is a LONG time to execute such a simple function. Other games would have an interface that takes no more than 3.
Most of that time is locating the item and setting the price. The UI lag issue has been addressed.
____________________________

FFXI: Siren Server: Seiowan Lvl 99 WHM, SCH, BLM
FFXIV: Ragnarok Server: Lemuria Glitterhands All Classes 50
#109 Dec 01 2010 at 12:17 PM Rating: Decent
True Full Screen Mode that doesn't require hacks and work arounds.
Gear Equip Macros that don't take two-three seconds per line to execute.

Generally speed up the still laggy server response times.
#110 Dec 01 2010 at 12:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
44 posts
If I liked grinding dailys endlessly, I would still be playing WoW.

I quit FFXIV because of lack of content, lack of a functioning economy, lack of a good crafting system, an uninteresting and flat world, the inability to jump, an unfinished UI, lack of social functions such as a servicable chat, lack of story...

and because of the FRICKING 2 seconds lag on EVERY SINGLE ACTION.
____________________________
Journal of the Kitty - the adventures of Vivacia Yuuki of the Rabanastre world
http://ffxivjournal.blogspot.com/
#111 Dec 01 2010 at 2:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
322 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:


Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands

Ya we can pay 60 70% more for a 25% less repair that will have us back looking for a repair 25% faster! there is a good idea. Or they could take the system out of the players hands put in a NPC that can repair to 100% at a fair rate. and lower the **** rate that weapons degrade. It would fix everything. it takes nothing from crafters. they can still repair ther own items. The could evon offer repairs at a disconted rate from the NPC to make a buck or get SP if they wish and the rest of us would not be punished by this crapy *** repair system.

The reason repair works in most games is becuse it is not a punishment system. Its not ment to slow the player down. Its a gil/plat/gold sink system. Im sure SE ment this system to be a gil sink. But atm it is not. all it dose is take gil from one play and give it to another and punish players for playing the game.


Thats the whole point man. You either spend your time looking for a crafter or you spend more and get out to the field quicker.

Noone is being punished here. Its just making the game more exciting for everyone by having this system in place.

Would you rather crafting and gathering removed from the game and everyone just plays battle classes? It seems that you would.
____________________________


#112 Dec 01 2010 at 2:32 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
283 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:


Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands

Ya we can pay 60 70% more for a 25% less repair that will have us back looking for a repair 25% faster! there is a good idea. Or they could take the system out of the players hands put in a NPC that can repair to 100% at a fair rate. and lower the **** rate that weapons degrade. It would fix everything. it takes nothing from crafters. they can still repair ther own items. The could evon offer repairs at a disconted rate from the NPC to make a buck or get SP if they wish and the rest of us would not be punished by this crapy *** repair system.

The reason repair works in most games is becuse it is not a punishment system. Its not ment to slow the player down. Its a gil/plat/gold sink system. Im sure SE ment this system to be a gil sink. But atm it is not. all it dose is take gil from one play and give it to another and punish players for playing the game.


Thats the whole point man. You either spend your time looking for a crafter or you spend more and get out to the field quicker.

Noone is being punished here. Its just making the game more exciting for everyone by having this system in place.

Would you rather crafting and gathering removed from the game and everyone just plays battle classes? It seems that you would.


Yes becuse we all know taking repairs out of the hands of crafters will just make the crafters usless.
#113 Dec 01 2010 at 2:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:


Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands

Ya we can pay 60 70% more for a 25% less repair that will have us back looking for a repair 25% faster! there is a good idea. Or they could take the system out of the players hands put in a NPC that can repair to 100% at a fair rate. and lower the **** rate that weapons degrade. It would fix everything. it takes nothing from crafters. they can still repair ther own items. The could evon offer repairs at a disconted rate from the NPC to make a buck or get SP if they wish and the rest of us would not be punished by this crapy *** repair system.

The reason repair works in most games is becuse it is not a punishment system. Its not ment to slow the player down. Its a gil/plat/gold sink system. Im sure SE ment this system to be a gil sink. But atm it is not. all it dose is take gil from one play and give it to another and punish players for playing the game.


Thats the whole point man. You either spend your time looking for a crafter or you spend more and get out to the field quicker.

Noone is being punished here. Its just making the game more exciting for everyone by having this system in place.

Would you rather crafting and gathering removed from the game and everyone just plays battle classes? It seems that you would.


Yes becuse we all know taking repairs out of the hands of crafters will just make the crafters usless.


You still are unable to provide a compelling argument why they should, outside of you being useless at making friends and socializing.

You just want things to be made easier for you at the expense of crafters usefulness.
____________________________


#114 Dec 01 2010 at 2:48 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
283 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:


Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands

Ya we can pay 60 70% more for a 25% less repair that will have us back looking for a repair 25% faster! there is a good idea. Or they could take the system out of the players hands put in a NPC that can repair to 100% at a fair rate. and lower the **** rate that weapons degrade. It would fix everything. it takes nothing from crafters. they can still repair ther own items. The could evon offer repairs at a disconted rate from the NPC to make a buck or get SP if they wish and the rest of us would not be punished by this crapy *** repair system.

The reason repair works in most games is becuse it is not a punishment system. Its not ment to slow the player down. Its a gil/plat/gold sink system. Im sure SE ment this system to be a gil sink. But atm it is not. all it dose is take gil from one play and give it to another and punish players for playing the game.


Thats the whole point man. You either spend your time looking for a crafter or you spend more and get out to the field quicker.

Noone is being punished here. Its just making the game more exciting for everyone by having this system in place.

Would you rather crafting and gathering removed from the game and everyone just plays battle classes? It seems that you would.


Yes becuse we all know taking repairs out of the hands of crafters will just make the crafters usless.


You still are unable to provide a compelling argument why they should, outside of you being useless at making friends and socializing.

You just want things to be made easier for you at the expense of crafters usefulness.


Tell me how taking repairs out of crafters hands will make them usless? You can't. Its just not true. Crafters still make all the gear that we use as of now. When food becomes something that people need the only place to get that will be crafters. Just about every pice of loot that drops is for crafters. And again you seem to forget that I am not the only one who wants this. I am not the only one who has had a problem with this repair system.

The only reason you can give for not taking repairs out of the hands of crafters is "It would not be fair" Becuse its fair for us to need to stand around and wait on you to feel like repairing are gear. or pay an npc a price that would brake so fast its not funny.
#115 Dec 01 2010 at 2:52 PM Rating: Default
*
55 posts
auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house ..........


you get the point...
#116 Dec 01 2010 at 3:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:


Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands

Ya we can pay 60 70% more for a 25% less repair that will have us back looking for a repair 25% faster! there is a good idea. Or they could take the system out of the players hands put in a NPC that can repair to 100% at a fair rate. and lower the **** rate that weapons degrade. It would fix everything. it takes nothing from crafters. they can still repair ther own items. The could evon offer repairs at a disconted rate from the NPC to make a buck or get SP if they wish and the rest of us would not be punished by this crapy *** repair system.

The reason repair works in most games is becuse it is not a punishment system. Its not ment to slow the player down. Its a gil/plat/gold sink system. Im sure SE ment this system to be a gil sink. But atm it is not. all it dose is take gil from one play and give it to another and punish players for playing the game.


Thats the whole point man. You either spend your time looking for a crafter or you spend more and get out to the field quicker.

Noone is being punished here. Its just making the game more exciting for everyone by having this system in place.

Would you rather crafting and gathering removed from the game and everyone just plays battle classes? It seems that you would.


Yes becuse we all know taking repairs out of the hands of crafters will just make the crafters usless.


You still are unable to provide a compelling argument why they should, outside of you being useless at making friends and socializing.

You just want things to be made easier for you at the expense of crafters usefulness.


Tell me how taking repairs out of crafters hands will make them usless? You can't. Its just not true. Crafters still make all the gear that we use as of now. When food becomes something that people need the only place to get that will be crafters. Just about every pice of loot that drops is for crafters. And again you seem to forget that I am not the only one who wants this. I am not the only one who has had a problem with this repair system.

The only reason you can give for not taking repairs out of the hands of crafters is "It would not be fair" Becuse its fair for us to need to stand around and wait on you to feel like repairing are gear. or pay an npc a price that would brake so fast its not funny.


When you open your eyes and realize Square expects everyone to multijob and craft maybe you'll stop being so closed minded about the whole situation.

You are meant to be a crafter too but because you're too stubborn you won't do otherwise. I'm sorry then, this game doesn't cater to you. Crafters need more to do than just crafting items and putting them in the wards. They want to interact with the community too and doing repairs is one of the ways they do this. Square is trying to create a world and not unlike the real world there will be things that are inconvenient.

PS: I don't care if you're not the only one who doesn't like the repair system, i'm not the only one who likes the repair system as it is either.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 4:16pm by tylerbee
____________________________


#117 Dec 01 2010 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Kirutaru wrote:
I know I agree with most people actually but the attitude of some people is disheartening.

Things need to be fixed. Things SHOULD have been fixed in the Beta not 3 months after release.

I just think all this /ragequit over small things is silly. I don't want to flame, but really just go back to WoW. The sooner this community is full of people who actually LIKE the game rather than people who wish they liked it but don't the better. I think SE catered to and listens too the wrong type of people.

I think "surplus" is a good idea if the SP curve is lower (which it isn't) and the SP gain is relatively faster (which it isn't). I think actually working for your skill gain is a good system (which is gone now). Now I can just auto-follow myself with my wife's character and she can do leves with me (albeit on a lower Star) while she's at work. That's convenient, but I don't like it. I like working for what I get rather than AFK leveling.

I think the retainer system is a good idea, too. I hope this game NEVER (repeat NEVER) has an AH. The AH in FFXI ruined crafting and I should know as a 100 Cook. Though consumables (in XIV) suffer because they're harder to find and no one knows or cares what they do as a result. The retainer system needs to be fixed (I loved the idea of a posting house; the reverse AH where people put what they want and crafters/farmers place the order based on the demand) but I think it's fundamentally a good and solid concept even still.

I think the game is fundamentally good. There are just a lot of things (which is too much for some people and I am sympathetic to that - just getting a little intolerant to the excessive whining) that need to be fixed or should have been fixed before release. I am constantly irritated myself with the things SE chooses to fix/change and things they let go on and on without so much as an indication it will get better - but it's not worth quiting over IF YOU LIKE THE GAME.

I'll just continue to plod on toward 50 on Conjurer and Carpenter (and the occasional Botanist). I don't like playing "catch up" when things I actually REALLY want to do (end-game) start coming. I'm one of the people in XI who loved to keep up to date on Story Missions (though I already identified myself as a "story guy" but also) because I like having instant access to things - zones, item rewards, whatever it is. I'm not one who judges the means based on what I may or may not get in the end.


I wish SE actually listen's to people like you, so that they can fail harder and quicker to the point of no return, maybe then the *** developers will sit down, and re-think their marketing and developing path's.

Mark my word's: A game that toke 7 years to develop, with a cost of 25mil plus, and is only able to target a niche market is a failure in anybody's eye's(Except of course they blind fanboy's) even more so when they already had the blueprints of what a good MMORPG could be :)
____________________________
MUTED
#118 Dec 01 2010 at 3:52 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
283 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:


Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands

Ya we can pay 60 70% more for a 25% less repair that will have us back looking for a repair 25% faster! there is a good idea. Or they could take the system out of the players hands put in a NPC that can repair to 100% at a fair rate. and lower the **** rate that weapons degrade. It would fix everything. it takes nothing from crafters. they can still repair ther own items. The could evon offer repairs at a disconted rate from the NPC to make a buck or get SP if they wish and the rest of us would not be punished by this crapy *** repair system.

The reason repair works in most games is becuse it is not a punishment system. Its not ment to slow the player down. Its a gil/plat/gold sink system. Im sure SE ment this system to be a gil sink. But atm it is not. all it dose is take gil from one play and give it to another and punish players for playing the game.


Thats the whole point man. You either spend your time looking for a crafter or you spend more and get out to the field quicker.

Noone is being punished here. Its just making the game more exciting for everyone by having this system in place.

Would you rather crafting and gathering removed from the game and everyone just plays battle classes? It seems that you would.


Yes becuse we all know taking repairs out of the hands of crafters will just make the crafters usless.


You still are unable to provide a compelling argument why they should, outside of you being useless at making friends and socializing.

You just want things to be made easier for you at the expense of crafters usefulness.


Tell me how taking repairs out of crafters hands will make them usless? You can't. Its just not true. Crafters still make all the gear that we use as of now. When food becomes something that people need the only place to get that will be crafters. Just about every pice of loot that drops is for crafters. And again you seem to forget that I am not the only one who wants this. I am not the only one who has had a problem with this repair system.

The only reason you can give for not taking repairs out of the hands of crafters is "It would not be fair" Becuse its fair for us to need to stand around and wait on you to feel like repairing are gear. or pay an npc a price that would brake so fast its not funny.


When you open your eyes and realize Square expects everyone to multijob and craft maybe you'll stop being so closed minded about the whole situation.

You are meant to be a crafter too but because you're too stubborn you won't do otherwise. I'm sorry then, this game doesn't cater to you. Crafters need more to do than just crafting items and putting them in the wards. They want to interact with the community too and doing repairs is one of the ways they do this. Square is trying to create a world and not unlike the real world there will be things that are inconvenient.

PS: I don't care if you're not the only one who doesn't like the repair system, i'm not the only one who likes the repair system as it is either.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 4:16pm by tylerbee


No I am not a crafter becuse it is not what I like to do. And why do you evon feel the need to argue this? I can't change your mind and you **** well can't change what I think. This is a game, Games are ment to be fun! The repair system sucks the fun out of the **** game. And I bet you sooner or later they will take it out of the hands of crafters.

Thats all Im going to say on the matter. You have your opinion and ill have mine. alls good.
#119 Dec 01 2010 at 5:07 PM Rating: Default
**
291 posts
I'm not sure if you were inferring that I am a blind fanboy.
The entire post you quoted was a list of things I think are horribly wrong with the game.

The fact of the matter remains, I like it. I like it more than WoW. I like it more than XI. Do I think it's more successful? Nope. Do I think it's a better game? Well, no, not yet - but I like playing it more. I like it so much in fact that I play it everyday! I complain a lot. I also wish SE would listen to me because I have enough ideas to fix this game in a heartbeat - but I'm not a programmer so how should I know if my ideas are even possible.

There's no need for an Auction House.
There's no need to scrap the repair system.
There's no need for end-game content (yet).

There's so many things people tear apart but I find their opinions so incredibly short sighted.

If people don't like the battle system - they should quit.
I'm not just being an ***. How can you play a game if you don't like 90% of the grind (which is all any MMO is)? Just move on and find a game where you enjoy what you'll be doing MOST of the time you're logged on. That's plain and simple.

If you don't like crafting, you don't have to do it - but you will have to wait or pay for repairs.
That's a player choice. FFXI had similar choices. At least crafting in FFXIV is more like a mini-game and less like a cross your fingers and hope. At least there's steady progress instead of a crap-shoot for .1 skill. Crafting may not be what people want it to be (probably want it to be WoW, but idk because barely anyone ever says what they want - just that they HATE IT AND NEED IT FIXED RIGHT NOW! /RAGEQUIT) but it's a lot better than SE's last effort.

The Market Wards are a great idea but its incomplete.
This should have been complete before release. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue against that. They want a player driven economy but give us absolutely no way to make that feasible - other than using a website like ZAM, Wiki or YG (whoever the **** they are) which is absolutely obtuse. Retainers have a TON of potential, but it isn't enough. There needs to be a way to keep RMT from controlling supply (which an AH facilitates) and still allow players to find what they need when they need it. I have about 15 ideas on how to make that work, but I know SE will just run with whatever pops into their dumb heads - probably allowing RMT to control supply/demand again because they need to boost customer sales. I mean **** - that's what we're demanding, right? An economy completely controlled by a series of 3rd parties only interested in making a profit in real life. We have SE to do that for us already, we don't need 3rd parties.

I just don't get this community sometimes. I log on and I have fun. If I didn't, I would have moved on by now. It's like you all wish you were having fun - or have fun complaining - but really don't have anything better to play or occupy your time.

I especially love people who are probably rank 20 complaining they'll have nothing to do when they're rank 50. I know there exists Rank 50s (I've seen them, but most of them are #1 JP & #2 Crafters/Farmers) but I doubt anyone here crying about lack of content has a R50 battle class - and is besides themselves on what they could possibly be doing in the meantime.

Here's some ideas. Farm Guild Marks so you can buy out every ability (whether you find it useful now or not). Farm DOUBLE that amount for when they add MORE! guild mark buy-ables. Get 1 Battle, 1 Craft, 1 Gather to 50 assuming you don't absolutely hate 1 or 2 of the 3 options you have. Amass a ******* fortune of gil so that when some kind of "search" feature does apply you'll be the overlord of your trade/class/whatever. Heaven forbid you could even raise MORE jobs to 50 to make you more versitile, but apparently that's outrageous. For all we know the end-game may be as ridiculous as the rest of the game and we'll have wasted our lives! getting to 50 for nothing.

Seriously, if you don't like the game just be on your way. Constructive criticism is better than rage whining and ranting - unless you just need to get something off your chest so you can continue ENJOYING the game.

Sorry. There's no TL:DR clause. I always write TL.
____________________________
Battle Mage Kiru
#120 Dec 01 2010 at 5:36 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
322 posts
Good call Kirutaru.

Those people need to leave.
____________________________


#121 Dec 01 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,202 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Good call Kirutaru.

Those people need to leave.


If all the unhappy people leave, neither you or kirutaru would have a game to play.

Think before you post such stupid things
____________________________
MUTED
#122 Dec 01 2010 at 9:41 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
322 posts
Ostia wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Good call Kirutaru.

Those people need to leave.


If all the unhappy people leave, neither you or kirutaru would have a game to play.

Think before you post such stupid things


I respectfully disagree. You act like it is a privilege or advantage for us to have people who dislike or hate the game around and constantly saying their piece? It really isn't. The number of people who enjoy the game right now are more than enough to keep paying SE to keep the game running for the next few years at least.

I'd prefer a smaller population with good attitudes than a larger one full of whiners for obvious reasons. I'm not saying that people unhappy with the game shouldn't initially share their opinions but beating a dead horse doesn't help anyone. It'd just be nice for certain people to open their eyes and finally admit they dislike the game and move onto bigger and better things which in turn would be more constructive for everybody involved.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 10:42pm by tylerbee
____________________________


#123 Dec 01 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Decent
**
291 posts
I also never said people who are unhappy. That would include me.

That would have included me for about 4 years of XI also.

I said people who don't like the game. I'll break it down.

If you don't like the game or enjoy anything you do on the game - then don't play it.
If you like an aspect of the game, keep enjoying it.
...Keep criticizing the parts you don't like. Keep hoping it will get better.

I'm only saying I'm tired of the whining. I'm tired of people threatening to quit (rather than just doing so). Threatening to quit is like my 2yr old throwing a tantrum. People have a right to their opinions; people should voice their concerns. People should complain and criticize.

Criticism should be constructive. Not destructive.

Also - I speak some Japanese so if all these cry babies quit, I'd still have plenty of people to play with.
____________________________
Battle Mage Kiru
#124 Dec 02 2010 at 12:05 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:


Quote:
I can easily see someone waiting 3 or 4 hours to get a repair
Or they could just visit the NPC and pay a little extra to get back into the fray. Just saying.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 1:16am by Glitterhands

Ya we can pay 60 70% more for a 25% less repair that will have us back looking for a repair 25% faster! there is a good idea. Or they could take the system out of the players hands put in a NPC that can repair to 100% at a fair rate. and lower the **** rate that weapons degrade. It would fix everything. it takes nothing from crafters. they can still repair ther own items. The could evon offer repairs at a disconted rate from the NPC to make a buck or get SP if they wish and the rest of us would not be punished by this crapy *** repair system.

The reason repair works in most games is becuse it is not a punishment system. Its not ment to slow the player down. Its a gil/plat/gold sink system. Im sure SE ment this system to be a gil sink. But atm it is not. all it dose is take gil from one play and give it to another and punish players for playing the game.


Thats the whole point man. You either spend your time looking for a crafter or you spend more and get out to the field quicker.

Noone is being punished here. Its just making the game more exciting for everyone by having this system in place.

Would you rather crafting and gathering removed from the game and everyone just plays battle classes? It seems that you would.


Yes becuse we all know taking repairs out of the hands of crafters will just make the crafters usless.


You still are unable to provide a compelling argument why they should, outside of you being useless at making friends and socializing.

You just want things to be made easier for you at the expense of crafters usefulness.


Tell me how taking repairs out of crafters hands will make them usless? You can't. Its just not true. Crafters still make all the gear that we use as of now. When food becomes something that people need the only place to get that will be crafters. Just about every pice of loot that drops is for crafters. And again you seem to forget that I am not the only one who wants this. I am not the only one who has had a problem with this repair system.

The only reason you can give for not taking repairs out of the hands of crafters is "It would not be fair" Becuse its fair for us to need to stand around and wait on you to feel like repairing are gear. or pay an npc a price that would brake so fast its not funny.


When you open your eyes and realize Square expects everyone to multijob and craft maybe you'll stop being so closed minded about the whole situation.

You are meant to be a crafter too but because you're too stubborn you won't do otherwise. I'm sorry then, this game doesn't cater to you. Crafters need more to do than just crafting items and putting them in the wards. They want to interact with the community too and doing repairs is one of the ways they do this. Square is trying to create a world and not unlike the real world there will be things that are inconvenient.

PS: I don't care if you're not the only one who doesn't like the repair system, i'm not the only one who likes the repair system as it is either.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 4:16pm by tylerbee


there are a few flaws to your argument. this game is not meant for hardcore players only. not everyone has the time to level every single job, particularly not the casual market SE is reaching for.

also, if SE truly intended for people to level every single job, this would be a single player game OR crafters would make no money because everyone would make and repair their own stuff. wouldn't this make crafting irrelevant? so your "fix" for someone wanting repairs removed is to make crafting irrelevant? and isn't crafters losing relevance what you're scared removing repairs will do? i'm baffled by your reasoning.

as this is an MMO, there should be interaction between crafters and battle classes, but crafters already control the market with or without repairs. there is very little gear that can be obtained that is not crafted. to spell it out, crafters are ALREADY relevant and powerful in the game, even before repairs come into play. honestly, i hear a lot of crafters that feel like it's an inconvenience to need to repair gear for others; it's 100% not the main function of crafting.

i would be considered casual. i have maybe 2 hours to play per day. i play for one hour and have yellow gear. i then need to spend my last hour begging crafters to repair my stuff and i can't always get someone to help. this does not fit a casual player model which, as previously stated, is what SE has said they want to break into. they market a casual friendly game and deliver some seriously hardcore elements - of course the casual players that believed it when SE said they were aiming for casuals are going to feel like that element should change.

i'm sure durability will be adjusted and made less severe. when that happens, i'll happily point you towards the door just as you've done to the people who dislike the way it currently is. then maybe you'll start to realize that telling people to leave is not the solution.

also, you don't want anyone to leave. less players means less money for SE and less gear for you to repair (and apparently you love doing that). even if the game does run with all those people gone, the budget for new development will be much smaller.

the more you know! ;)

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 10:11pm by Alym
#125 Dec 02 2010 at 1:20 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
322 posts
Well, we're going to bump heads immediately because although SE say they want it to be casual I don't believe it'll ever be that way unless they half the SP required for all levels and remove a bunch of the systems and mechanics in the game.

And please don't tell me what I do and don't want. I'll tell you right now I don't want this game to become popular because that happened to one of my other favorites and ultimately turned it to a pile of crap with millions of subscribers which caters to the braindead and self-entitled. (You get one guess which MMO that was)



Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 2:25am by tylerbee
____________________________


#126 Dec 02 2010 at 5:35 AM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Ostia wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Good call Kirutaru.

Those people need to leave.


If all the unhappy people leave, neither you or kirutaru would have a game to play.

Think before you post such stupid things


I respectfully disagree. You act like it is a privilege or advantage for us to have people who dislike or hate the game around and constantly saying their piece? It really isn't. The number of people who enjoy the game right now are more than enough to keep paying SE to keep the game running for the next few years at least.

I'd prefer a smaller population with good attitudes than a larger one full of whiners for obvious reasons. I'm not saying that people unhappy with the game shouldn't initially share their opinions but beating a dead horse doesn't help anyone. It'd just be nice for certain people to open their eyes and finally admit they dislike the game and move onto bigger and better things which in turn would be more constructive for everybody involved.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 10:42pm by tylerbee


If you honestly think, that this game can survive with it's current population then good luck to you and SE, this is not 2003 when SE was still pretty much the big boy in the block when it came to RPG's, they could afford to keep FFXI from the revenue they got from their other game's, but in 2010 when they have game's failing left and right it's a different story, the only way i see them surviving if they keep this up is by either actually making this game blow anything out of the water(And GW2 will do that so sorry) start making good games again, or actually going and re-release the later genaration's of FF's in the PS3, other than that, Good Luck!
____________________________
MUTED
#127 Dec 02 2010 at 5:40 AM Rating: Decent
**
291 posts
Don't worry, man.

If XIV's revenue isn't good enough for them in 6 months, they'll just release Chrono Trigger on 3DS with a new ending that contradicts everything they told us was (un)true about Chrono Chross for the better part of a decade - and the worst monster battling you've ever seen.

THEN

They'll have the audacity to tell you the Chrono series is dead because the 3DS sales were not as good as they hoped, because a game that was amazing 15 years ago should definitely be pulling the same $$ in a totally bullsh*t port/upgrade.

... oh wait this JUST happened twice in 5 years, well maybe it's too soon for Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross then.

Edit: For PSP, though. Chrono Cross on 3DS would be too much work for them. They like to do minimal amounts of work for maximum amounts of gain. That's the SE creed.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 6:42am by Kirutaru
____________________________
Battle Mage Kiru
#128 Dec 02 2010 at 6:05 AM Rating: Decent
22 posts
DrCapricious wrote:
1) Lack of content...dungeons, quests, missions, pvp, events,bcnm, world nm's, end game <Can I have it?>

2) Lack of AH

3) Punitive repair system

4) Lifeless and repetitive environments

5) Poor community and built-in barriers to communication amongst players

6) No auto-attack

7) The game simply isn't fun


I've given up for the moment. I might check back at PS3 launch if the game is still going at that point. I feel this game is a solid 6-12 months away from being a quality product. Here is to hoping it can last until that point.



This pretty much.

The problem is that they've released a big steaming **** of a game that only weirdos and hardcore fanboiz enjoy. That playerbase simply isn't going to maintain the game. IMO there's very little they can do now (Certainly for the PC players) to get this game to a reasonable standard, there simply isn't enough of the basic infrastructure to work with (Other than the graphics.) As the wise old saying goes:

'You can't polish a ****'

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 7:25am by Vindrax
#129 Dec 02 2010 at 8:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
283 posts
Kirutaru wrote:
There's no need for an Auction House.
There's no need to scrap the repair system.
There's no need for end-game content (yet).

There's so many things people tear apart but I find their opinions so incredibly short sighted.


I think you are the one being short sighted here. There is no need for an AH or a new Repair system or end game content to YOU. What about the rest of us? Why is it a bad thing for us to want a better repairs system? Or better way to sell gear? what about the people that are at lvl 50 now? They have no need for end game content? Just becuse you are not lvl 50 there is no need for the game to have end game content yet?

When you see over 1/2 of the people who started playing this game quit. "And I garante you it is at least 1/2" And they are asking for things such as an AH/Easyer and faster repair system/and end game/other things people are asking for. Is it not in the games best intrest to fix what has had again over 1/2 the player base quit?

And to the coment about keeping the player base small. Get over your self tylerbee. The fact is SE will not keep this game runing with the numbers it has now. If the game dose not make some drastic changes from now to when the PS3 comes out you will see a masive drop in the number of people playing. And SE can not aford to keep this game runing for long at a loss.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 9:13am by Sethern79
#130 Dec 02 2010 at 2:57 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
322 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
And to the coment about keeping the player base small. Get over your self tylerbee. The fact is SE will not keep this game runing with the numbers it has now. If the game dose not make some drastic changes from now to when the PS3 comes out you will see a masive drop in the number of people playing. And SE can not aford to keep this game runing for long at a loss.


I'm glad we have a psychic here to let us know what is going to happen with the game.

Can you also let us know if they'll fix party leveling before they apparently close the game down, oh wise one?


Don't state speculation and assumption like it is fact please, it makes you look incredibly silly.

Ostia wrote:
If you honestly think, that this game can survive with it's current population then good luck to you and SE, this is not 2003 when SE was still pretty much the big boy in the block when it came to RPG's, they could afford to keep FFXI from the revenue they got from their other game's, but in 2010 when they have game's failing left and right it's a different story, the only way i see them surviving if they keep this up is by either actually making this game blow anything out of the water(And GW2 will do that so sorry) start making good games again, or actually going and re-release the later genaration's of FF's in the PS3, other than that, Good Luck!


Oh, are you Square Enix's accountant? Because I find it hard to believe you could come to these conclusions without extensive inside knowledge of their books and financial situation.

Again, please refrain from making haphazard posts about speculative futures that are nothing but assumption.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 4:00pm by tylerbee
____________________________


#131 Dec 02 2010 at 3:10 PM Rating: Good
**
568 posts
Pherocious wrote:
auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house auction house ..........


you get the point...



You're on to something great here and I like it!
#132 Dec 02 2010 at 4:13 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
And to the coment about keeping the player base small. Get over your self tylerbee. The fact is SE will not keep this game runing with the numbers it has now. If the game dose not make some drastic changes from now to when the PS3 comes out you will see a masive drop in the number of people playing. And SE can not aford to keep this game runing for long at a loss.


I'm glad we have a psychic here to let us know what is going to happen with the game.

Can you also let us know if they'll fix party leveling before they apparently close the game down, oh wise one?


Don't state speculation and assumption like it is fact please, it makes you look incredibly silly.

Ostia wrote:
If you honestly think, that this game can survive with it's current population then good luck to you and SE, this is not 2003 when SE was still pretty much the big boy in the block when it came to RPG's, they could afford to keep FFXI from the revenue they got from their other game's, but in 2010 when they have game's failing left and right it's a different story, the only way i see them surviving if they keep this up is by either actually making this game blow anything out of the water(And GW2 will do that so sorry) start making good games again, or actually going and re-release the later genaration's of FF's in the PS3, other than that, Good Luck!


Oh, are you Square Enix's accountant? Because I find it hard to believe you could come to these conclusions without extensive inside knowledge of their books and financial situation.

Again, please refrain from making haphazard posts about speculative futures that are nothing but assumption.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 4:00pm by tylerbee


As opposed to "They will fix the game, and it will be the greatest thing evah!" right ?

Stfu
____________________________
MUTED
#133 Dec 02 2010 at 4:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Ostia wrote:
As opposed to "They will fix the game, and it will be the greatest thing evah!" right ?

Stfu


Huh? I am enjoying the game as it is right now. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way. It will be improved with time if the past three months have been any indication of the future and I look forward to that :)
____________________________


#134 Dec 02 2010 at 4:43 PM Rating: Good
**
291 posts
Quote:
I think you are the one being short sighted here. There is no need for an AH or a new Repair system or end game content to YOU. What about the rest of us? Why is it a bad thing for us to want a better repairs system? Or better way to sell gear? what about the people that are at lvl 50 now? They have no need for end game content? Just becuse you are not lvl 50 there is no need for the game to have end game content yet?


On the contrary, I said they do need all those things. People are just being shortsighted as in they aren't looking at the bigger picture. They're looking at OLDER games to solve problems rather than hoping SE comes up with a new design that still solves all these problems. I even said (and fully agree) they should have done this in Beta stage. Doing it now is insulting. You probably didn't read most of my post(s). I forgive you.

There's no need for end-game content when less than 1% is able to engage in it.

Don't worry, though. December update will add R50 gear to farm from NMs. So your prayers will be answered even though it will probably be six months before anyone crying about it will even get to wear that gear (and gain the full effects of it).
____________________________
Battle Mage Kiru
#135 Dec 02 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Ostia wrote:
As opposed to "They will fix the game, and it will be the greatest thing evah!" right ?

Stfu


Huh? I am enjoying the game as it is right now. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way. It will be improved with time if the past three months have been any indication of the future and I look forward to that :)


So when somebody say's something negative it's "Are you a mindreader? or you an accountant? etc etc. When you say something possitive it must be fact huh ?

Lol fanboy's
____________________________
MUTED
#136 Dec 02 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
322 posts
Ostia wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Ostia wrote:
As opposed to "They will fix the game, and it will be the greatest thing evah!" right ?

Stfu


Huh? I am enjoying the game as it is right now. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way. It will be improved with time if the past three months have been any indication of the future and I look forward to that :)


So when somebody say's something negative it's "Are you a mindreader? or you an accountant? etc etc. When you say something possitive it must be fact huh ?

Lol fanboy's


I think all your negativity and anger has gone to your head. I said "It will be improved with time if the past three months have been any indication of the future" which is a little different to your uninformed rant which make ridiculous assumptions left, right and center. Let me break down your post for you, so you may understand a bit better.

Ostia wrote:
If you honestly think, that this game can survive with it's current population then good luck to you and SE, this is not 2003 when SE was still pretty much the big boy in the block when it came to RPG's, they could afford to keep FFXI from the revenue they got from their other game's, but in 2010 when they have game's failing left and right it's a different story, the only way i see them surviving if they keep this up is by either actually making this game blow anything out of the water(And GW2 will do that so sorry) start making good games again, or actually going and re-release the later genaration's of FF's in the PS3, other than that, Good Luck!


SE still have piles of money. They still sell millions of games. There is no fear of them going under or being unable to financially support FFXIV even with the current amount of subscribers. I'm afraid you're horribly mistaken in this instance. FF13 was generally ill-received by diehard FF fans (which I am not one of for the record, i've only completed 7 and 10) but still sold six million copies worldwide by the end of May this year which is no small number by anyones standards. They may have had other, smaller games flop but just look at the sales they made from FF13 alone - at least 500 million dollars if we assume a retail price of $49.95 USD. I doubt the development costs exceeded $50 million which means buckets of profit for just one title. If you still can't see the money-making machine SE is at this point, there is little more I can do to help you understand.

Also re: Guild Wars 2. Yes, extremely ambitious. It should be a great game if they can pull it off. However right now making an asssumption that it'll "blow anything out of the water" is ridiculous without any further proof. I expect to see you in the Guild Wars 2 forums in six months of so time repeating the same tired arguments you used against FFXIV because it fell short of your unrealistic expectations.


____________________________


#137 Dec 02 2010 at 6:05 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Ostia wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Ostia wrote:
As opposed to "They will fix the game, and it will be the greatest thing evah!" right ?

Stfu


Huh? I am enjoying the game as it is right now. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way. It will be improved with time if the past three months have been any indication of the future and I look forward to that :)


So when somebody say's something negative it's "Are you a mindreader? or you an accountant? etc etc. When you say something possitive it must be fact huh ?

Lol fanboy's


I think all your negativity and anger has gone to your head. I said "It will be improved with time if the past three months have been any indication of the future" which is a little different to your uninformed rant which make ridiculous assumptions left, right and center. Let me break down your post for you, so you may understand a bit better.

Ostia wrote:
If you honestly think, that this game can survive with it's current population then good luck to you and SE, this is not 2003 when SE was still pretty much the big boy in the block when it came to RPG's, they could afford to keep FFXI from the revenue they got from their other game's, but in 2010 when they have game's failing left and right it's a different story, the only way i see them surviving if they keep this up is by either actually making this game blow anything out of the water(And GW2 will do that so sorry) start making good games again, or actually going and re-release the later genaration's of FF's in the PS3, other than that, Good Luck!


SE still have piles of money. They still sell millions of games. There is no fear of them going under or being unable to financially support FFXIV even with the current amount of subscribers. I'm afraid you're horribly mistaken in this instance. FF13 was generally ill-received by diehard FF fans (which I am not one of for the record, i've only completed 7 and 10) but still sold six million copies worldwide by the end of May this year which is no small number by anyones standards. They may have had other, smaller games flop but just look at the sales they made from FF13 alone - at least 500 million dollars if we assume a retail price of $49.95 USD. I doubt the development costs exceeded $50 million which means buckets of profit for just one title. If you still can't see the money-making machine SE is at this point, there is little more I can do to help you understand.

Also re: Guild Wars 2. Yes, extremely ambitious. It should be a great game if they can pull it off. However right now making an asssumption that it'll "blow anything out of the water" is ridiculous without any further proof. I expect to see you in the Guild Wars 2 forums in six months of so time repeating the same tired arguments you used against FFXIV because it fell short of your unrealistic expectations.


3 months to fix issue's that where well documented in beta, that should have been fixed is a good indicative of where the game is going, also you seem to think that SE is blizzard(just an example) wish has an gigantic revenue monthly outside of unit's sold, wich SE does not has, Se has to live or die by unit's sold, when a game fail's it hurts them, and this notion that they have had just a "Few" bad ******** is pretty silly, Last remnant failed(Wich they had to patent the engine + developing cost for 2 consoles) the last mana game failed, the last 2 saga games failed, the last star ocean game failed, the last front mission game failed, chystal chronicles failed, cystal bearers failed, if you actually look at it, they have lost revenue each year since 2003, in 2008 they put out 23 ******* and only sold 8.3mil unit's WITH 23 ******** This is not 1990 when you could make a game with 3 people and rack in millions, this is 2010 when most games are multimillion venture's and a lot of time to develop, also you seem to forget they lost 120 million with spirits within wish was released in 2001 well after their best ******* where created and they almost went under, they have survived by re-releasing old ******* for the DS, PSP, other than that their only ****** that has done well financially was FFXIII, and most gamer's hated that game, it sold sure, but how many fans they lost because of it ?

Remember SE is not MS who can afford to bomb 10 ******* worth 50mil in a row and laugh about it :)
____________________________
MUTED
#138 Dec 02 2010 at 6:13 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
I'll tell you what's keeping ME from playing. Looking forward to starting the game as of yesterday and expecting all pieces of my computer to come in the mail, UPS promptly: Says my monitor was delivered an hour and a half after they closed to my "Front Porch". 5 people were home, I don't have the monitor, they did NOT deliver the package to my house, I'm sure of it. Later that night for my 2nd package containing all of my computer components, i find out they they "Skipped my package at the UPS facility" and it will be shipped to me today. It went out for delivery at 4:00 a.m. this morning and has yet to get here at 6:10 leading me to believe that the 2nd box has had the same fate as the first. The 3rd box containing solely my CPU, has no tracking on it and was supposed to arrive yesterday as well, only god knows where that one is. I hate UPS. (-_-)
#139tylerbee, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 6:44 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Firstly, the evidence is clear isn't it. They lost 120 mil in 2001 yet still recovered and still performed a merger with Enix after that bomb. Nothing since then has been half as bad and they continue to make money on most of their titles. They acquired Eidos in 2008 so they now have the Tomb Raider and Hitman franchises under their belt. If they are doing so horribly how could they have made that acquisition or the prior merger with Enix? If they are doing so horribly why do they continue to release game after game after game? I said it before and i'll say it again - they have plenty of cash to throw around and if you don't see otherwise you're simply ignorant. You only need to visit their Wikipedia entry to see a full breakdown of how well they're doing and will continue to do. They also have their hand in Full Metal Alchemist which is wildly successful, along with a number of other popular anime series.
#140 Dec 02 2010 at 7:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
283 posts
tylerbee wrote:
EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention. Square Enix Revenue: ¥135 billion, $1.49 billion (Apr-Dec 2009)

Apparently making over a billion dollars a year is fail? Get off it, lol.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 7:47pm by tylerbee


I would love to see your sorce seeing as there all time record year was 2009 with 27.8 billion yen profit thats about $300 million. http://www.1up.com/news/square-enix-achieves-record-profits

Heres the thing. I don't care what they make. They can not aford to bleed $$ like they are now. soner or later they will charge for the game. when they do a lot more people will quit the game. They are going to need to make some drastic changes to stop this or games like WoW Cata, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and GW2 will crush them. And if you think SE is to big to let FFXIV fail you are kiding your self.
#141 Dec 02 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Default
32 posts
Can we stop this bickering. There's a huge fanboy whos using facts misleadingly, and another person who's arguing against him for some reason. Apologists are not news, but people who don't know anything about business or development of any kind - this is just extreme. No reason to perpetuate the discussion.

Lets get back to the topic please. There are players, like me, who are trying to see if they should come back
#142 Dec 02 2010 at 8:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
283 posts
maxmad wrote:
Can we stop this bickering. There's a huge fanboy whos using facts misleadingly, and another person who's arguing against him for some reason. Apologists are not news, but people who don't know anything about business or development of any kind - this is just extreme. No reason to perpetuate the discussion.

Lets get back to the topic please. There are players, like me, who are trying to see if they should come back


What made you quit the game Max?
#143 Dec 02 2010 at 8:19 PM Rating: Default
32 posts
I only played during beta, and a lot of things that are already common sense made me quit.
The main thing that would've kept me playing despite all of the problems, was exploration and interesting characterized landscapes and areas. But FFXIV's zones and landscapes are lifeless and have hardly and love put into them. That's a problem I know won't change with the current content. Future content, environment-wise, might not be totally lame in this regard.

But that discussion is for another day. Now, I'm concerned what the actual experience is turning into, and what these patches are doing to change the game.

Right now, it seems like you simply zerg enemies, because killing the weakest enemies provides better exp/hr than killing DC enemies.
Right now, it seems like weapon repairs are unbalanced, and the economy setup is a timesink to the point of frustrating players, even the ones who don't craft.
Right now, it seems like there's zero content aside from basic minimalized mmo grind content.

and more.

But I'm curious to see how SE is changing these things.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 9:22pm by maxmad
#144 Dec 02 2010 at 8:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
283 posts
maxmad wrote:
I only played during beta, and a lot of things that are already common sense made me quit.
The main thing that would've kept me playing despite all of the problems, was exploration and interesting characterized landscapes and areas. But FFXIV's zones and landscapes are lifeless and have hardly and love put into them. That's a problem I know won't change with the current content. Future content, environment-wise, might not be totally lame in this regard.

But that discussion is for another day. Now, I'm concerned what the actual experience is turning into, and what these patches are doing to change the game.

Right now, it seems like you simply zerg enemies, because killing the weakest enemies provides better exp/hr than killing DC enemies.
Right now, it seems like weapon repairs are unbalanced, and the economy setup is a timesink to the point of frustrating players, even the ones who don't craft.
Right now, it seems like there's zero content aside from basic minimalized mmo grind content.

and more.

But I'm curious to see how SE is changing these things.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 9:22pm by maxmad


The last patch went a long way to fixing the problems people had with the UI. Everything is faster fighting/casting/selling/seting up your bazzar. I would only gess that the crafting UI got the same fix. But as for content and other problems this patch did not do anything for that. It looks like we will need to wait until later this month to see if they really are going to fix the game.

Have you taken a look at the update for the December patch? they show the first NM and talk about new gear that will come from colecting and turning in runes. It looks cool. I can't wait to see how it turns out. As for killing blues over and over... Well I have only put 12 hours in since the patch. But it seems to me thats about the best way to get exp atm. I still have not jumped into group hope to do that tomarow.
#145 Dec 02 2010 at 8:47 PM Rating: Default
32 posts
Yeah ive got a thread going which only got 2 replies. i bumped it back to the front page a few minutes ago.

I wasn't speaking about the UI, just how much of a pain it is to find materials, repair weapons every 2-3 hours of normal play, and so forth.
A search is nice, but the system is so far behind that of even Phantasy Star Universe, which had the best 'bazaar' system I've ever seen in an MMO. And that game STUNK
#146 Dec 02 2010 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention. Square Enix Revenue: ¥135 billion, $1.49 billion (Apr-Dec 2009)

Apparently making over a billion dollars a year is fail? Get off it, lol.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 7:47pm by tylerbee


I would love to see your sorce seeing as there all time record year was 2009 with 27.8 billion yen profit thats about $300 million. http://www.1up.com/news/square-enix-achieves-record-profits

Heres the thing. I don't care what they make. They can not aford to bleed $$ like they are now. soner or later they will charge for the game. when they do a lot more people will quit the game. They are going to need to make some drastic changes to stop this or games like WoW Cata, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and GW2 will crush them. And if you think SE is to big to let FFXIV fail you are kiding your self.


Errr... I posted revenue. Not profit. Of course the two figures are different. Lmfao.

They've bled more money than this before, year after year, this isn't that huge of a launch that it is going to affect them. I'm not going to repeat myself again, but it is quite clear from various instances who is in the know here. If they were going under, it'd be all over the net. Baseless assumptions like yours and Ostias make me laugh at your ignorance.

I love how since there is competition coming up, you think it will suddenly fail. Let me list a few MMOs who are surviving with a smaller or similar fanbase to what FFXIV has right now:

- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
- Everquest (Released its 17th expansion recently, they have under
- Age of Conan
- Warhammer

I don't think I need to go on, but FFXIV is not in any danger of being closed down or failing. Failing is if your MMO closes down shortly after launch and the only MMO that has done that in the last ten years is APB who ran out of money because of their relatively young developer who didn't have bucketloads to begin with - this won't happen to Square Enix.

It is sad and disappointing that some people would fight so adamantly to prove their point that a company is dying or an MMO is going to be shut down when there have never been any MMO trends in the past to prove so, neither any information on the net saying it will, or any press releases from said company saying it is an option. It is bitter, pathetic and outright immature.

Good day guys, I won't argue with angry children any longer. Have fun in your hate thread.

____________________________


#147 Dec 02 2010 at 10:43 PM Rating: Default
4 posts
Quote:
Errr... I posted revenue. Not profit. Of course the two figures are different. Lmfao.


Lol- My thought exactly.
#148 Dec 02 2010 at 11:30 PM Rating: Decent
32 posts
"Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
- Warhammer "

So what you're saying is you'd settle for FFXIV being as successful and supported as those titles.
#149 Dec 03 2010 at 12:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
maxmad wrote:
"Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
- Warhammer "

So what you're saying is you'd settle for FFXIV being as successful and supported as those titles.


Don't be silly. I'm just saying the game isn't going to disappear, like some are.
____________________________


#150 Dec 03 2010 at 1:30 AM Rating: Default
*
71 posts

tylerbee wrote:
maxmad wrote:
"Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
- Warhammer "

So what you're saying is you'd settle for FFXIV being as successful and supported as those titles.


Don't be silly. I'm just saying the game isn't going to disappear, like some are.


ok ill say it, it is very clear tylerbee is the biggest fan boy ever. very obvious he is a nut hanger at heart.I could tell that just by looking at his toon, any one who purposely makes his toon with a soul patch obviously loves swinging on some nuts.
#151 Dec 03 2010 at 1:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Hahaha, my goatee is awesome.

However i've only finished FF7 and FF10 plus haven't really touched many other FF games, I wouldn't consider that a fanboy at all.

____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 27 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (27)