Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Current Known Issues (Nov 29)Follow

#1 Nov 29 2010 at 9:08 AM Rating: Decent
25 posts
We would like to notify you of the current major issues as of Nov. 29, 2010.

[Current Issues]
- Unable to complete the local levequests where "Teak Lumber" or "Teak Plank" are assigned as leve objectives.

- There are times when the offer status on Guildleve is displayed improperly and players are unable to complete the quest.

- There are times when action icons are grayed out and unable to initiate them.

We apologize for any inconvenience they may be causing.


I suppose SP is working as intended =(
#2 Nov 29 2010 at 9:09 AM Rating: Good
*
52 posts
I'm still guessing we will be seeing some tweaks on SP. I love the current update but hate how it destroyed group work. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

Brandon
#3 Nov 29 2010 at 9:18 AM Rating: Good
*
214 posts
I think this list is a little too short xD
____________________________

#4 Nov 29 2010 at 9:46 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
53 posts
How about movement speed being stealth-reduced 10% for no reason?
#5 Nov 29 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Decent
*
52 posts
jPuff wrote:
How about movement speed being stealth-reduced 10% for no reason?


Really? I haven't noticed that but I'd be a bit upset were that the case. I hate moving slowly.

Brandon
#6 Nov 29 2010 at 10:02 AM Rating: Decent
*
164 posts
yeah, I noticed the speed slow down as well (especially when I use my archer sprint ability).

Auto Targeting is still not working correctly, and I really hate the perspective lock when you are fighting. I turned the auto targeting off and it's much better now.

____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#7 Nov 29 2010 at 11:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
105 posts
How about bold synthesis is broken. Getting success on bold shouldn't mean a loss of 10 durability and a gain of 9 quality when you're trying to HQ ingots.

This is the same bug we had last time except it was on Standard synthesis.
____________________________

#8 Nov 29 2010 at 11:24 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Kazuyakun wrote:
How about bold synthesis is broken. Getting success on bold shouldn't mean a loss of 10 durability and a gain of 9 quality when you're trying to HQ ingots.

This is the same bug we had last time except it was on Standard synthesis.


I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, just like it wasn't a bug with Standard synthesis. The devs have made it so that now, basic success via Standard synthesis is easier, but driving up Quality for HQs is harder. That means that Bold synthesis, unless you're significantly above the rank of the recipe, is a no-go.
#9 Nov 29 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
jPuff wrote:
How about movement speed being stealth-reduced 10% for no reason?


Play with your zoom level or try going in first person, I'm still not certain anything changed with movement speed.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#10 Nov 29 2010 at 11:56 AM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
PerrinofSylph wrote:
jPuff wrote:
How about movement speed being stealth-reduced 10% for no reason?


Play with your zoom level or try going in first person, I'm still not certain anything changed with movement speed.


Exactly. They changed the default camera position, so you're probably playing at a different zoom than you were previously which makes it appear as if you're running slower, but you're not.
#11 Nov 29 2010 at 12:00 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
PerrinofSylph wrote:
jPuff wrote:
How about movement speed being stealth-reduced 10% for no reason?


Play with your zoom level or try going in first person, I'm still not certain anything changed with movement speed.


Exactly. They changed the default camera position, so you're probably playing at a different zoom than you were previously which makes it appear as if you're running slower, but you're not.


This might also account for the "why is my character so much bigger?" problems. XD
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#12 Nov 29 2010 at 2:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
167 posts
Movement speed has most definitely changed. I can't believe some people can't/don't notice the difference. And no, it's not the camera angle.
____________________________

#13 Nov 29 2010 at 3:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
105 posts
I am pretty sure bold synthesis is bugged right now. Losing 10 duability for 10 progress and 10 quality on a synthesis I am 35 ranks above is a bug. I can barely hit 200 quality right now whereas prepatch I can hit 450-500 9/10 times.

This is the same bug as standard synthesis they fixed when you were losing 10 durability on success and gaining 15 progress.
____________________________

#14 Nov 29 2010 at 3:33 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
JackylGT wrote:
Movement speed has most definitely changed. I can't believe some people can't/don't notice the difference. And no, it's not the camera angle.


Not angle, zoom. I had the same thing with XI when I'd log in on PS2 it was like I was walking soooooo slow. I was still keeping up with people but visually it hurt. On my PC I was running fast as ever, so when I did play PS2 I'd have to go to first person.

I'm not saying walking speed hasn't changed, I don't know. But I definately don't notice. I generally play in First person when using my keyboard and switch only to 3rd person when using my controller. On my controller POV it seemed slower, but I changed the distance and it seems fine. I didn't notice anything in 1st.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#15 Nov 29 2010 at 4:38 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
513 posts
No mention of the missing party SP bonus?

I also noticed the slowdown in running speed, but I guess it could have something to do with the changed camera settings.
____________________________
#16 Nov 29 2010 at 4:41 PM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
No mention of the missing party SP bonus?


No, because it's there.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#17 Nov 29 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
513 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
No mention of the missing party SP bonus?


No, because it's there.

There are reports of it not being there.
____________________________
#18 Nov 29 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
23 posts
Server Maintenance on all worlds scheduled for tomorrow (Nov. 30th) :

During the times listed below, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 30, 2010 from 13:00 to 15:00 (PST)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV




Edited, Nov 29th 2010 5:57pm by dodokins
#19 Nov 29 2010 at 4:58 PM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
There are reports of it not being there.


Yep. but it is. Just works differently now.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#20 Nov 29 2010 at 5:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
513 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
There are reports of it not being there.


Yep. but it is. Just works differently now.

Just because you say it is, doesn't mean it is. I mean, when one person adds a 4th member and SP drops by 25% despite everyone being within level range, that's a pretty clear sign that there is no bonus whatsoever. It could have been a temporary bug or perhaps the changed party composition in some other way affected SP calculation, but it's hard to say because nobody knows how SP is actually calculated.

In any case, one thing is clear: SP for parties is ***.
____________________________
#21 Nov 29 2010 at 5:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Obviously when some people have 100,000 TNL and making 100SP a pop its not working as intended and just because SE doesn't tell you its not doesn't mean it is. People need to relax a little - they'll most likely end up fixing bonus sp in party play similar to how chaining worked in FFXI (more or less) and go from there. I'm sure they don't expect you to grind out 1000 mobs to gain 1 level.
____________________________
MUTED
#22 Nov 29 2010 at 5:21 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
Bold synth is so broken. Reaching 140+ is near impossible. I have yet to get 100+ appraisal score on a local leve, and before patch I was able to obtain 200+ appraisal regularly.

Before patch - Blinking Orb + Innovation + Bold Synthesis Max = 106 Quality
After patch - Blinking Orb + Innovation + Bold Synthesis Max = 36 Quality

#23 Nov 29 2010 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
513 posts
SirHypnotoad wrote:
Bold synth is so broken. Reaching 140+ is near impossible. I have yet to get 100+ appraisal score on a local leve, and before patch I was able to obtain 200+ appraisal regularly.

Before patch - Blinking Orb + Innovation + Bold Synthesis Max = 106 Quality
After patch - Blinking Orb + Innovation + Bold Synthesis Max = 36 Quality

I noticed this, too. I don't actually use bold any longer since it takes too long to make the item and I only care about the SP, but the few tries I did resulted in <10 quality on a success. That's pretty terrible.
____________________________
#24 Nov 29 2010 at 5:32 PM Rating: Good
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
Just because you say it is, doesn't mean it is. I mean, when one person adds a 4th member and SP drops by 25% despite everyone being within level range, that's a pretty clear sign that there is no bonus whatsoever.

What makes you certain that the bonus applies for every person added to a party?

You could be right that there is no bonus at all, but you'd need to show it for more than just going from three to four party members to prove it. The bonus could work in tiers (solo, small party, large party, giant-huge-monster party, or somesuch).
#25 Nov 29 2010 at 5:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
THM, and 3 PUGs
23 22/23/24

killing crabs in cass hollow did not yeild any SP bonus, we called it quits after about ten minutes

i think its kinda borked or SE needs to step up to the plate and tell us how it works cuz this is obviously does not fly with alot of people from what the forums look like.

Edited, Nov 29th 2010 6:39pm by pixelpop
____________________________

#26 Nov 29 2010 at 5:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
225 posts
Something is definately wrong with synthing, last night I got a rank 10 leve to do a rank 20 synth, 5 out of 5 successful. Same thing today on Copper specs (r20) only one fail, the rest successful.(I was a rank 15 GLD) Got guild marks as a reward for doing both successfully. I should be lucky to even hit 50% on those synths. (Did standard,standard, standard, rapid(usually rapid would fail) repeat til done.

Bold should not yield less than standard at any given time, but it has, including being several ranks above a synth. It doesn't happen very often but it does happen. With all NQ mats I have gotten 201 as my highest, but I took alot of risks.





Edited, Nov 29th 2010 6:52pm by Spyrit178
____________________________


#27 Nov 29 2010 at 6:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
I think there is a bonus for SP but people aren't understanding it. It probably works something like this:

Solo 1 mob = 100% SP at 100 = 100 SP total = mob dies in 1 min = 100 SP per minute
Duo 1 mob = 90% SP at 90 EACH = 180 SP total = mob dies in 30 sec = 180 SP per minute
Trio 1 mob = 80% SP at 80 EACH = 240 SP total = mob dies in 15 sec = 240 SP per minute

If we are to believe there is no bonus that'd mean it'd work like this:

Solo 1 mob = 100% SP at 100 = 100 SP total = mob dies in 1 min = 100 SP per minute
Duo 1 mob = 50% SP at 50 EACH = 100 SP total = mob dies in 30 sec = 100 SP per minute
Trio 1 mob = 33% SP at 33 EACH = 100 SP total = mob dies in 20 sec = 100 SP per minute

So there is a bonus right now and it is fine, the problem is best party SP comes from killing blue mobs which is no fun for party play. You basically spam two abilities and the mob is dead, you use no strategy or tactics, don't need a tank or healer and just repeat this over and over.

They need to do one of two things:

a) Increase party SP drastically for red con mobs (if they do it for yellows and oranges then solo'ers will be getting too much sp)
b) Nerf SP gain from blue/green/yellow/orange mobs

Otherwise noone is going to party.


____________________________


#28 Nov 29 2010 at 6:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
Quote:
Duo 1 mob = 90% SP at 90 EACH = 180 SP total = mob dies in 30 sec = 180 SP per minute


sorry if i dont get it, but at 90 EACH what? 90 SP EACH person? 90% of the SP each person? i dont really get it.

edit.
oh are you saying that if the mob lasted longer than the 1 minute then we would see a bonus change?

Edited, Nov 29th 2010 7:29pm by pixelpop
____________________________

#29 Nov 29 2010 at 6:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Each person... this is the way it currently works.
____________________________


#30 Nov 29 2010 at 6:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
so are you saying that 180SP total is shared or is per person? if its shared then that completely explains everything, if its per person, then maybe the numbers are just not large enough to prove substantial atm?
____________________________

#31 Nov 29 2010 at 6:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
I can't simplify what i've said any further sorry.
____________________________


#32 Nov 29 2010 at 7:08 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Omena wrote:
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
There are reports of it not being there.


Yep. but it is. Just works differently now.

Just because you say it is, doesn't mean it is. I mean, when one person adds a 4th member and SP drops by 25% despite everyone being within level range, that's a pretty clear sign that there is no bonus whatsoever. It could have been a temporary bug or perhaps the changed party composition in some other way affected SP calculation, but it's hard to say because nobody knows how SP is actually calculated.

In any case, one thing is clear: SP for parties is ***.


The math has been done. The party bonus IS there. If it wasn't there, adding a fourth member would drop SP gains by 33%, not 25%. And the idea (agree with it/like it or not) is that you add a fourth member and then bump up the "challenge" by fighting higher rank mobs for more SP/kill, not add a fourth member and keep killing the same things you were killing before and expecting to be rewarded just because you added an extra person and made the killing easier for yourself.
#33 Nov 29 2010 at 7:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Its a fine system it just needs to be tweaked for time vs reward

As it is now, killing blues is your best bet in any size party, which it shouldn't be
____________________________


#34 Nov 29 2010 at 7:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
513 posts
Aurelius wrote:

The math has been done. The party bonus IS there. If it wasn't there, adding a fourth member would drop SP gains by 33%, not 25%. And the idea (agree with it/like it or not) is that you add a fourth member and then bump up the "challenge" by fighting higher rank mobs for more SP/kill, not add a fourth member and keep killing the same things you were killing before and expecting to be rewarded just because you added an extra person and made the killing easier for yourself.

Good point, I didn't even realize the math was off.

In any case, SP is awful even when killing high level mobs.
____________________________
#35 Nov 29 2010 at 8:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
626 posts
Quote:
I can't simplify what i've said any further sorry.


lol i literally asked a yes or no question. you dont mention whether or not the 180 total SP is shared or not so how am i to know?
what a jerk dude.
____________________________

#36 Nov 29 2010 at 8:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
pixelpop wrote:
Quote:
I can't simplify what i've said any further sorry.


lol i literally asked a yes or no question. you dont mention whether or not the 180 total SP is shared or not so how am i to know?
what a jerk dude.


It says 180 SP total in a duo and 90 SP each.

How much clearer can I make that? Don't put your sh*t on me, dude.


Edited, Nov 29th 2010 9:57pm by tylerbee
____________________________


#37 Nov 29 2010 at 9:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
you put it in one long equation that was confusing to me so i asked a simple yes or no question, it wasnt black and white like that. and you had "Duo" in front of the entire equation and didnt seperate between each and total. it was just confusing is all.

Edited, Nov 29th 2010 10:56pm by pixelpop
____________________________

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)