Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Post update return attemptFollow

#1 Nov 29 2010 at 10:42 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,526 posts
I stopped playing a week or two after CE launch. I just couldn't handle it.

So, update time. I log in yesterday to check things out. The difference is impressive given the time frame.

It's not perfect, it still has some (a lot of) glaring flaws, but it is no longer frustrating to open a menu or click something. The lag is still there, but it's masked (you can still move your cursor etc while you wait for the server ACK). Shopping is still horrible, but at least I can see prices without opening EVERY **** item. I will probably be able to play it as is for the time being.

Good work SE, rough start but quick response. Keep it up and I may give you some more money.
#2 Nov 29 2010 at 10:47 AM Rating: Decent
**
618 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
The lag is still there, but it's masked (you can still move your cursor etc while you wait for the server ACK). Shopping is still horrible, but at least I can see prices without opening EVERY **** item.


Guess your idea of lag and mine must vary being there is next to nothing for lag that i have experienced. Shopping is horrible? again we have different views. How ever i could recommend for ya to meet someone in my ls who loves to shop 24/7. If she isnt crafting she is shopping..... i'm sure she will read this and yes i went there :p
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#3 Nov 29 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,526 posts
SillyHawk wrote:
Guess your idea of lag and mine must vary being there is next to nothing for lag that i have experienced.


Give an item to your retainer, put said item in your retainer's bazaar, now click the bazaar tab and see how long it takes to show up. The lag is still there, it's masked, but it's there. Masking it is a good thing, but it means they haven't fixed the underlying problem.

SillyHawk wrote:
Shopping is horrible? again we have different views.


Yes it does and yes we do. It shouldn't take me an hour to find out there are no level 12 pickaxes for sale and I have to find the various crafters and contract them to make the pieces out of base mats that I also have to spend an hour locating.
#4 Nov 29 2010 at 8:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
Chill, they're already implementing a search function in the next patch. We can't expect -everything- to be fixed in a single patch. :)
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#5 Nov 29 2010 at 8:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
SillyHawk wrote:
Guess your idea of lag and mine must vary being there is next to nothing for lag that i have experienced.


Give an item to your retainer, put said item in your retainer's bazaar, now click the bazaar tab and see how long it takes to show up. The lag is still there, it's masked, but it's there. Masking it is a good thing, but it means they haven't fixed the underlying problem.

SillyHawk wrote:
Shopping is horrible? again we have different views.


Yes it does and yes we do. It shouldn't take me an hour to find out there are no level 12 pickaxes for sale and I have to find the various crafters and contract them to make the pieces out of base mats that I also have to spend an hour locating.


You realize if someone is selling Pickaxes primarily that the retainer will have the pickaxe equipped right?
____________________________


#6 Nov 30 2010 at 12:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
37 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Yodabunny wrote:
SillyHawk wrote:
Guess your idea of lag and mine must vary being there is next to nothing for lag that i have experienced.


Give an item to your retainer, put said item in your retainer's bazaar, now click the bazaar tab and see how long it takes to show up. The lag is still there, it's masked, but it's there. Masking it is a good thing, but it means they haven't fixed the underlying problem.

SillyHawk wrote:
Shopping is horrible? again we have different views.


Yes it does and yes we do. It shouldn't take me an hour to find out there are no level 12 pickaxes for sale and I have to find the various crafters and contract them to make the pieces out of base mats that I also have to spend an hour locating.


You realize if someone is selling Pickaxes primarily that the retainer will have the pickaxe equipped right?


When primary-crafters figure this out and get multiple retainers, they can use this system to great effect, even without a search function. I can see then running "phases" of crafting/selling, changing out items once a week.
____________________________


#7 Nov 30 2010 at 12:20 AM Rating: Excellent
42 posts
Mhantra wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Yodabunny wrote:
SillyHawk wrote:
Guess your idea of lag and mine must vary being there is next to nothing for lag that i have experienced.


Give an item to your retainer, put said item in your retainer's bazaar, now click the bazaar tab and see how long it takes to show up. The lag is still there, it's masked, but it's there. Masking it is a good thing, but it means they haven't fixed the underlying problem.

SillyHawk wrote:
Shopping is horrible? again we have different views.


Yes it does and yes we do. It shouldn't take me an hour to find out there are no level 12 pickaxes for sale and I have to find the various crafters and contract them to make the pieces out of base mats that I also have to spend an hour locating.


You realize if someone is selling Pickaxes primarily that the retainer will have the pickaxe equipped right?


When primary-crafters figure this out and get multiple retainers, they can use this system to great effect, even without a search function. I can see then running "phases" of crafting/selling, changing out items once a week.


This might work if I could actually see all the retainers. I shudder to think what a search function for the wards will look like since I can only see the closest few at a time and they pop out when I cam around. I'm guessing I'll be playing hide & seek in the battle ward once I get a retainer name from the coming search function. Honestly I'd rather have some drawing lag and be able to see all the retainer bots at once - I'm pretty sure the pop-out is to reduce screen lag.
#8 Nov 30 2010 at 12:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Regardless, most wards are fine with this system. Its only Battlecraft and Tradescraft that are abused and you can blame the braindead players for that.
____________________________


#9 Nov 30 2010 at 12:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
37 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Regardless, most wards are fine with this system. Its only Battlecraft and Tradescraft that are abused and you can blame the braindead players for that.


Word.
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)