Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Is this the new exp exploit?Follow

#1 Nov 29 2010 at 5:42 PM Rating: Excellent
**
845 posts
Have a high level party up with a some low levels and have the high level destroy low level mobs very very fast while the lowbies get full exp?
____________________________

#2 Nov 29 2010 at 6:07 PM Rating: Good
**
435 posts
Hmm, I need to test this...
____________________________

#3 Nov 29 2010 at 6:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Yeah it is.

Seen RMT doing this along with a few LS parties on autofollow.

Sucks really, i'm sure they'll put something in to stop it.

The -10 level range is far too forgiving.

I say -6/+5 is fairer.
____________________________


#4 Nov 29 2010 at 6:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
523 posts
We tried this out,

What you do is get a rank 50 and a rank 10 get in a party,

The rank 50 kills rank 30 or rank 40 mobs (something easy enough to kill fast)

The rank 10 gets about 300-500 SP per kill appx.

Exploit? nah, Powerleveling? yeah.

The rank 50 doesn't get anything though. So it's only helping 1 person. Any more than 2 people in a group doesn't work. You cant have 1 rank 50 and say 5 rank 10s, the exp is split and they all get like 40 per kill. Not really worth doing in groups of more than 2.

Edited, Nov 29th 2010 7:14pm by DoctorMog
#5 Nov 29 2010 at 6:25 PM Rating: Excellent
15 posts
In my opinion I dont know why they even bother with a level range at all, especially such a huge one, level sync seems like a better idea. I know some people hate it, but the system as it is clearly has some glaring faults. They should cap exp at the amount of the highest level member in the party, giving an incentive to sync. It seems they may have had something like this in mind already, since gear is equip-able at less than optimum level, the mechanics for such a system are already in place. Again, this is just my opinion.

As an aside, I found powerleveling in ffxi more appropriate in that your exp was still limited by the speed you could kill the mobs, no matter what level the PL.
____________________________


FFXI: Eugenius of Sylph (Retired)
#6 Nov 29 2010 at 6:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
322 posts
I saw a 41 grouped with 5 level 23-26 and doing this for hours, so it may vary.
____________________________


#7 Nov 29 2010 at 7:32 PM Rating: Decent
*
174 posts
I made a thread about this very thing and got rated down for my troubles.

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1290790823164575685

This is potentially a huge problem and applies way beyond lvl 20 that one of the replies said. The point is with a massivly high lvl in the party not nerfing sp gained, they can clear an area of monsters getting the low lvls a rate of sp they could never attain.

I have seen a few clone armies being lead by a high level. Looks to me like this is a really easy way to quickly level multiple characters - am I right if I say that is a mechanism those looking to sell accounts would love to employ.
____________________________


#8 Nov 29 2010 at 7:37 PM Rating: Decent
*
174 posts
[quote=DoctorMog]We tried this out,

What you do is get a rank 50 and a rank 10 get in a party,

The rank 50 kills rank 30 or rank 40 mobs (something easy enough to kill fast)

The rank 10 gets about 300-500 SP per kill appx.

Exploit? nah, Powerleveling? yeah.

The rank 50 doesn't get anything though. So it's only helping 1 person. Any more than 2 people in a group doesn't work. You cant have 1 rank 50 and say 5 rank 10s, the exp is split and they all get like 40 per kill. Not really worth doing in groups of more than 2.

I do acknowledge that 15 in a pt would be ineffective as sp would have dropped off. But 5 or 6 it would still be quicker than they could solo. With the new mob populations as well mob shortage is not really a problem.


In my opinion I believe it to be an exploit, or at least a broken SP system.

If a rank 50 can power level any number of lower rank characters (and 60 sp per mob at the rate a lvl 50 can kill is much better than they could ever achieve) you are giving those looking to RMT a really easy mechnism to lvl 14 characters by playing 1. Surely you see that is really bad!

Edited, Nov 29th 2010 8:39pm by MisterGaribaldi
____________________________


#9 Nov 29 2010 at 7:39 PM Rating: Decent
**
845 posts
Man SE really needs to stop dropping the ball and test things out before they release them.
____________________________

#10 Nov 29 2010 at 8:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Exploit? nah, Powerleveling? yeah.


I respectfully disagree... seems like an exploit to me.

I'd consider this to be powerleveling if it were the rank 10 people doing the work, with the high-level players providing nothing more than cures. However, because the high-ranking players are the ones doing the bulk of the damage, this seems like an exploit to me.

I don't see anyone being banned over this though... SE will probably just patch it up.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#11 Nov 29 2010 at 9:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
802 posts
tylerbee wrote:
I saw a 41 grouped with 5 level 23-26 and doing this for hours, so it may vary.


Does it happen to be a Tham, at cedarwoods?
____________________________


#12 Nov 29 2010 at 9:24 PM Rating: Excellent
*
85 posts
This is like the one thing all MMOs seem to have right. A high level can't party with a low level and get good gains. Why did SE mess it up
#13 Nov 29 2010 at 9:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
802 posts
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Exploit? nah, Powerleveling? yeah.


I respectfully disagree... seems like an exploit to me.

I'd consider this to be powerleveling if it were the rank 10 people doing the work, with the high-level players providing nothing more than cures. However, because the high-ranking players are the ones doing the bulk of the damage, this seems like an exploit to me.

I don't see anyone being banned over this though... SE will probably just patch it up.


To be frank, I'm really looking forward to trying it out (>...<

Then again it would be rather pointless doing nothing.
____________________________


#14 Nov 29 2010 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
322 posts
Humster wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
I saw a 41 grouped with 5 level 23-26 and doing this for hours, so it may vary.


Does it happen to be a Tham, at cedarwoods?


It was a lancer in one of those JP flag linkshells
____________________________


#15 Nov 29 2010 at 9:49 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
DoctorMog wrote:

Exploit? nah, Powerleveling? yeah.


I think it's an exploit. This isn't someone tossing out cures on a low-level player while they smack a monster around, this is taking advantage of stupid mechanics. At this point though, it really is SE's fault. Gosh, I'm starting to think that they don't know how to do anything. (._. ; )
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#16 Nov 29 2010 at 10:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
107 posts
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Exploit? nah, Powerleveling? yeah.


I respectfully disagree... seems like an exploit to me.

I'd consider this to be powerleveling if it were the rank 10 people doing the work, with the high-level players providing nothing more than cures. However, because the high-ranking players are the ones doing the bulk of the damage, this seems like an exploit to me.

I don't see anyone being banned over this though... SE will probably just patch it up.


I'm gonna have to disagree with that (Respectfully).

Power-leveling can be done in many ways besides cure-botting. FFXI it self has (or had) things like summoner burn, magic burn (from what I remember you could "carry" people with these methods). In Diablo 2 for instance (I know not an mmo) you could power-level your character by just standing in the same zone as where others were grinding. In wow there was a period where all you had to do was "tag" the monster and have a high level kill it to gain exp, or rep grind battlegrounds by standing at the entrance.

Anyway, you could consider it an exploit because you are technically "exploiting game mechanics in ways they weren't intended" but I (personally) reserve the word for more malicious activities like taking advantage of bugs (i.e. duping, etc.)

I agree though that no one should get banned for this as it's a feature SE itself put out (and detailed in the patch notes).
#17 Nov 29 2010 at 10:41 PM Rating: Excellent
*
216 posts
I don't think this can be called an exploit precisely, but it is certainly on the borderline.
Lodestone wrote:
The rank range that allows for bonus skill and experience point within a party has been expanded from ±5 to +5/-10.

Ex. In a party of three players, ranks 10, 15, and 20, the rank 10 player receives bonuses equivalent to that of a two-person party, as only one of the other players is within the rank range. From the perspectives of the rank 15 and 20 players, however, both of the other two party members fall within the rank range. They will therefore both receive bonuses equivalent to a three-person party.

They limited the effects of party members on one another to only when they're within the correct level range. In doing so, they didn't think to retain the level difference penalty. Or they meant to and forgot.

Of course that's all a rather moot point, since SE is assuredly not going to leave things like this. But I would be surprised to see them banning anyone over it.
#18 Nov 29 2010 at 10:43 PM Rating: Decent
*
174 posts
Nutchoss wrote:
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Exploit? nah, Powerleveling? yeah.


I respectfully disagree... seems like an exploit to me.

I'd consider this to be powerleveling if it were the rank 10 people doing the work, with the high-level players providing nothing more than cures. However, because the high-ranking players are the ones doing the bulk of the damage, this seems like an exploit to me.

I don't see anyone being banned over this though... SE will probably just patch it up.


I'm gonna have to disagree with that (Respectfully).

Power-leveling can be done in many ways besides cure-botting. FFXI it self has (or had) things like summoner burn, magic burn (from what I remember you could "carry" people with these methods). In Diablo 2 for instance (I know not an mmo) you could power-level your character by just standing in the same zone as where others were grinding. In wow there was a period where all you had to do was "tag" the monster and have a high level kill it to gain exp, or rep grind battlegrounds by standing at the entrance.

Anyway, you could consider it an exploit because you are technically "exploiting game mechanics in ways they weren't intended" but I (personally) reserve the word for more malicious activities like taking advantage of bugs (i.e. duping, etc.)

I agree though that no one should get banned for this as it's a feature SE itself put out (and detailed in the patch notes).



You do remember correctly, but I still disagree.

Diablo 2 - you are correct you just had to leave town and you got xp for party kills. This is why you saw lvl 9 leaching in **** parties. However, Blizzard realised it was happening and was an exploit so they changed the system. Level difference meant they got 1 xp per kill, so leaching became pointless.

As you say "in wow there was a period" - this again implies it was fixed. Not sure on this though as I barely played WOW

Summoner burn parties were only possible when level sync was introduced. Yes it was a power level and arguably was expliting game mechanics, but at least the summoners in the party were killing they did not have a lvl 75 in a lvl 12 party killing and levelling them. I know we are kind of splitting hairs here but having 6 people following u contributing nothing is hardly fair levelling.

Magic burn - you could carry people but in the burn parties i experienced everyone pulled their weight. At solo pet camps it was inefficient to have someone leeching xp from you, in multi person camps such as giga pets in the past again you needed everyone to be pulling their weight.

I get your point, but to me this seems more like an exploit and not powerlevlling.

PS - I do not blame people for doing this btw, it is SE who botched the patch. But it really needs fixing as the ability to level multiple characters with them doing nothing (not even having to tag the mob or even be alive for that matter) is worrying.
____________________________


#19 Nov 29 2010 at 10:53 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
This is the inherent drawback of the system as it stands. PL is the easiest way to level now.

This is the case for many games with a high level gap. Even more so when the game does not require a hit on the mob to gain EXP. It is not the intended way to play the game (or not play, as the case may be).

Leveling up for doing nothing is not acceptable for the future of the game.

Part of the answer is to require a hit on the enemy to gain SP. That said, for healers, it is also nice to get SP even when you don't hit the enemy. There is no good reason to be penalized because you did not happen to cast any offensive magic on a particular mob.

1.) Close the level gap.
2.) Require a hit or a heal (for hit point gain) at minimum to gain SP.

Both of these things need to happen, not just one.
Hopefully the emergency patch does just this.
#20 Nov 29 2010 at 11:22 PM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
I know i'm going to get rated down for this but really who cares if someone can PL a character to r30. You can't get to 40 or 50 doing this, so who cares.

This game has so many more issues and problems than a person who has friends who will kill mobs endlessly to no advantage of their own other than PL'n their buddy to r30 or so. Like the person above said the R 50 had to kill rank 30 mobs so they could kill fast enough to out weigh PTs.

So once the person hits r30 they have to grind to 50 the old fashion, or should i say the new fashion way. This is really pulling at straws here.

I'll leave ya with 2 things.

1: the SMN burn in FXI was the exact same method, you only needed 3 SMNs in the PT to keep the chain going, 1 other slot had to be a COR to pop roll, the other two slots were leach spots. So 3 ppl did all the work while 6 got god like XP. It's the same thing. If it was ok in XI it's ok in XIV. **** in XI now you can leach all the way to 85 in abys. You guys are crying over stupid stuff

2: This type of "it's not fair" attitude was the same attitude that got AV K-club nerfed along with a bunch of other mobs. There are going to be aspects and parts of the game that you won't be able to take advantage of. Either except it STFU and move on, ignore it and take no part in it and ridicule those who claim uber status for "PL'n", or find some friends who will do the same for you and take advantage of it.

Coming on here to ***** about it does nothing but bring light to the glitch, ensure everyone knows about it and more ppl use it, and also get it patched faster than it normally would have. SE does read these forums so, anything you say will be took into consideration. You may not like it, but you might be in the minority. So stop playing holier than thou and do something else.

inc sub-default woot woot!
#21 Nov 30 2010 at 12:36 AM Rating: Good
*
174 posts
EzellLangor wrote:
I know i'm going to get rated down for this but really who cares if someone can PL a character to r30. You can't get to 40 or 50 doing this, so who cares.

This game has so many more issues and problems than a person who has friends who will kill mobs endlessly to no advantage of their own other than PL'n their buddy to r30 or so. Like the person above said the R 50 had to kill rank 30 mobs so they could kill fast enough to out weigh PTs.

So once the person hits r30 they have to grind to 50 the old fashion, or should i say the new fashion way. This is really pulling at straws here.

I'll leave ya with 2 things.

1: the SMN burn in FXI was the exact same method, you only needed 3 SMNs in the PT to keep the chain going, 1 other slot had to be a COR to pop roll, the other two slots were leach spots. So 3 ppl did all the work while 6 got god like XP. It's the same thing. If it was ok in XI it's ok in XIV. **** in XI now you can leach all the way to 85 in abys. You guys are crying over stupid stuff

2: This type of "it's not fair" attitude was the same attitude that got AV K-club nerfed along with a bunch of other mobs. There are going to be aspects and parts of the game that you won't be able to take advantage of. Either except it STFU and move on, ignore it and take no part in it and ridicule those who claim uber status for "PL'n", or find some friends who will do the same for you and take advantage of it.

Coming on here to ***** about it does nothing but bring light to the glitch, ensure everyone knows about it and more ppl use it, and also get it patched faster than it normally would have. SE does read these forums so, anything you say will be took into consideration. You may not like it, but you might be in the minority. So stop playing holier than thou and do something else.

inc sub-default woot woot!



I personally wont rate you down, but I will reply.

The game had been out for what, 6 years was it, before they introduced level sync. That introduced Summoner Burn parties. You are right, a few people could leech. But the time and effort to coordinate the party was still great. Also, if you didn;t have a corsair to refresh 2 hour abilities, you could only do the burn once every 2 hours.

You think that half the party working a few leeching is the same as one uber high level clearing all the mobs while the rest of the party just follow. Dude, they are worlds apart.

Abyssea...erm lol. We are now talking about an 8 year old game where the level cap will soon be 99, you think they care if people level using burn parties. FFXIV has just been released and is at a tender stage. This is clearly an oversight by SE and will get fixed. Afterall in XI, what happened when people were out of the optimum level range, oh yeah XP became non existent.

Coming on the forum does more than enlighten the community, it is also in a way getting back to Square. The more this is discussed on forums the more likely they are to read it. Also, I am not worried about people helping their friends level using this technique, but if RMT catch on to this and can use it for months it could be bad.

"Coming on here to ***** about it does nothing but bring light to the glitch, ensure everyone knows about it and more ppl use it, and also get it patched faster than it normally would have. SE does read these forums so, anything you say will be took into consideration. You may not like it, but you might be in the minority. So stop playing holier than thou and do something else" - This actually reads like you dont want it fixed /follow FTW is it pal?
Imagine loads of good hunting areas, dominated by clone armies with a high level killing all the mobs you want to be levelling on.

Anyways, you are clearly really missing the point and I cannot be bothered wasting time explaining it.

Edited, Nov 30th 2010 1:39am by MisterGaribaldi
____________________________


#22 Nov 30 2010 at 1:04 AM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
The trick is to kill as fast as you can with less downtime. I duo'd with an ARC friend (I'm an ARC myself) and we usually 1 shot everything in Nanawa Mines. With 6 leves and grinding we pulled out 27k SP in 4 hours. Not to bad.
____________________________
Check out my awesome adventure at http://fantaji.com/-/5Bc . If you don't know about Fantaji then you're missing out!
#23 Nov 30 2010 at 1:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,211 posts
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
Exploit? nah, Powerleveling? yeah.


I respectfully disagree... seems like an exploit to me.

I'd consider this to be powerleveling if it were the rank 10 people doing the work, with the high-level players providing nothing more than cures. However, because the high-ranking players are the ones doing the bulk of the damage, this seems like an exploit to me.

I don't see anyone being banned over this though... SE will probably just patch it up.


I want to agree with you on premise alone but at the same time I have to think, shouldn't an exploit have some degree of non-obviousness to it? It squawks like an exploit but it's so bafflingly obvious to try out that I'd sooner file it under "bug" than "exploit".
____________________________
I be Ranz... the Melee White Mage. Arrrr.(As seen on Phoenix)
The friendliest Dynamis linkshell on Phoenix
My FFXI AH Info
#24 Nov 30 2010 at 2:04 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
XienithSilvercloud wrote:
This is like the one thing all MMOs seem to have right. A high level can't party with a low level and get good gains. Why did SE mess it up


This is funny? in case you forgot, SE made FFXI too and this wasn't a problem, obviously they'll patch it up...people need to chill out a little, who the **** cares if some people level up a little faster than you for a day or two.
____________________________
MUTED
#25 Nov 30 2010 at 3:03 AM Rating: Decent
*
74 posts
MisterGaribaldi wrote:
EzellLangor wrote:
I know i'm going to get rated down for this but really who cares if someone can PL a character to r30. You can't get to 40 or 50 doing this, so who cares.

This game has so many more issues and problems than a person who has friends who will kill mobs endlessly to no advantage of their own other than PL'n their buddy to r30 or so. Like the person above said the R 50 had to kill rank 30 mobs so they could kill fast enough to out weigh PTs.

So once the person hits r30 they have to grind to 50 the old fashion, or should i say the new fashion way. This is really pulling at straws here.

I'll leave ya with 2 things.

1: the SMN burn in FXI was the exact same method, you only needed 3 SMNs in the PT to keep the chain going, 1 other slot had to be a COR to pop roll, the other two slots were leach spots. So 3 ppl did all the work while 6 got god like XP. It's the same thing. If it was ok in XI it's ok in XIV. **** in XI now you can leach all the way to 85 in abys. You guys are crying over stupid stuff

2: This type of "it's not fair" attitude was the same attitude that got AV K-club nerfed along with a bunch of other mobs. There are going to be aspects and parts of the game that you won't be able to take advantage of. Either except it STFU and move on, ignore it and take no part in it and ridicule those who claim uber status for "PL'n", or find some friends who will do the same for you and take advantage of it.

Coming on here to ***** about it does nothing but bring light to the glitch, ensure everyone knows about it and more ppl use it, and also get it patched faster than it normally would have. SE does read these forums so, anything you say will be took into consideration. You may not like it, but you might be in the minority. So stop playing holier than thou and do something else.

inc sub-default woot woot!



I personally wont rate you down, but I will reply.

The game had been out for what, 6 years was it, before they introduced level sync. That introduced Summoner Burn parties. You are right, a few people could leech. But the time and effort to coordinate the party was still great. Also, if you didn;t have a corsair to refresh 2 hour abilities, you could only do the burn once every 2 hours.

You think that half the party working a few leeching is the same as one uber high level clearing all the mobs while the rest of the party just follow. Dude, they are worlds apart.

Abyssea...erm lol. We are now talking about an 8 year old game where the level cap will soon be 99, you think they care if people level using burn parties. FFXIV has just been released and is at a tender stage. This is clearly an oversight by SE and will get fixed. Afterall in XI, what happened when people were out of the optimum level range, oh yeah XP became non existent.

Coming on the forum does more than enlighten the community, it is also in a way getting back to Square. The more this is discussed on forums the more likely they are to read it. Also, I am not worried about people helping their friends level using this technique, but if RMT catch on to this and can use it for months it could be bad.

"Coming on here to ***** about it does nothing but bring light to the glitch, ensure everyone knows about it and more ppl use it, and also get it patched faster than it normally would have. SE does read these forums so, anything you say will be took into consideration. You may not like it, but you might be in the minority. So stop playing holier than thou and do something else" - This actually reads like you dont want it fixed /follow FTW is it pal?
Imagine loads of good hunting areas, dominated by clone armies with a high level killing all the mobs you want to be levelling on.

Anyways, you are clearly really missing the point and I cannot be bothered wasting time explaining it.

Edited, Nov 30th 2010 1:39am by MisterGaribaldi


I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say you're wrong here. I really do agree with Ezell and emphasize with him that people are trying to downgrade the game because others are getting a fair advantage of the game by experimenting or helping others that can't do what hard core players are doing, thus the complaints that have been popping out why, how, who, and what explanations they are doing getting ahead. There have been posts with disagreements on Square Enix's approach/decisions that people are getting shot down with the default system rating & like I said in another post, a pat on the back supporting them, thus a trend I've been noticing and becoming very annoyed and angry. However, seems like I'm not the only one who has noticed (woot) But what can I do? All I can do is type and use the power of words.

The down grade in stats, SP reward system, nerfing abilities, unable to even experiment methods of earning better exp at a different angle/same rate after/before the update? Seriously what in ******* **** is all this? No one is going to move on and forget this, it's a ******* walking fiasco. I didn't like having HP/MP being so low on XI and I'm not going to like having stats of the same on IV. Hear me out, if they are at least trying to tweak the stat system where we can solo the **** blue/green mobs, MAKE IT BALANCED. Seriously, I got close to getting one shot to death receiving 80-100 dmg per hit. I might fight coblys at blue but I'm still going to get hit hard. My VIT is at 100, dex 80, and STR 80 (this is without bonus) for a balanced solo flow.

Now, I can't even farm/solo certain monsters (elements for example) I need for shards or even attempt to escape death with the use of punishing barbs. All I have left for survival is either cure I, Second wind (horrible stamina cost and now I only get 290, before 340), or blood bath. Blood bath was nice to be low cost but still doesn't make up for it with all these losses.

I can't solo, so I try to party. I can't party, so I try to solo. I try different methods of solo and partying only to find out they both suck *** now matter what method I try at. The only method, if not the only, at the moment is leves with setting difficulty at high in order to earn 500 sp per mob. Now, even people are trying to say "it's an exploit" because they don't have a high buddy in their friends list/Ls to help them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abE09-tqhoM

What the **** happened to this simple "revolutionary" idea? DOWN GRADED TO XI. There's a fatigue system for a reason, so why ruin the SP system? I am seriously at a brink of conflict between wanting to play and wanting to just close the account altogether.
#26 Nov 30 2010 at 7:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
SE will do the latter for you if you overdo your "getting helped out by friends".
Or by "friends" you pay for ;)
#27 Nov 30 2010 at 7:59 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,636 posts
I can't consider this an exploit, because it was so obvious that this could/would happen in the system. There is like zero chance anyone missed it, and SE released it anyways. I think its more evidence that the system is still a poor one though.
____________________________


#28 Nov 30 2010 at 8:46 AM Rating: Decent
*
85 posts
SolidMack wrote:
XienithSilvercloud wrote:
This is like the one thing all MMOs seem to have right. A high level can't party with a low level and get good gains. Why did SE mess it up


This is funny? in case you forgot, SE made FFXI too and this wasn't a problem, obviously they'll patch it up...people need to chill out a little, who the **** cares if some people level up a little faster than you for a day or two.


I'm pretty chill. I have no doubt they'll fix it. I just found it a bit amusing is all. I think we could all use a little laugh here and there.
#29 Nov 30 2010 at 8:57 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
600 posts
It's a shame... the game has been out all but two months now and so much drama has and still is occurring. What can possibly be fun with getting power-leveled to the top rank in a game that has JUST CAME OUT? I guess it's just the thrill of finding loop holes in the game that makes it exciting to play for some people.

Edited, Nov 30th 2010 9:57am by jayfly
____________________________

Quote:
Fiddle Faddle!

#30 Nov 30 2010 at 9:00 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
196 posts
People are crying about power-leveling seriously?
____________________________
WoW: we want to give players a more fun time with less grinding and generic quests
GW2: we want the player to feel like they are leveling while doing something fun
Final Fantasy XIV: we want less fun and more grinding
#31 Nov 30 2010 at 9:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
513 posts
nick2412 wrote:
People are crying about power-leveling seriously?

It's a legitimate whine. Let's take FFXI as an example:

Pre 2006 FFXI was played the way it was meant to be. Some time after that power leveling started to emerge and soon there was nothing but that until the 50s. That lead to a very visible deterioration in player skill an attitudes. FFXI had been a game where you compete about who can perform the best. Post 2006 that was no more and instead we had hordes of ignorants who just didn't give a **** and couldn't handle the game without someone holding their hand.
____________________________
#32 Nov 30 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Decent
*
174 posts
Inboundwar wrote:
MisterGaribaldi wrote:
EzellLangor wrote:
I know i'm going to get rated down for this but really who cares if someone can PL a character to r30. You can't get to 40 or 50 doing this, so who cares.

This game has so many more issues and problems than a person who has friends who will kill mobs endlessly to no advantage of their own other than PL'n their buddy to r30 or so. Like the person above said the R 50 had to kill rank 30 mobs so they could kill fast enough to out weigh PTs.

So once the person hits r30 they have to grind to 50 the old fashion, or should i say the new fashion way. This is really pulling at straws here.

I'll leave ya with 2 things.

1: the SMN burn in FXI was the exact same method, you only needed 3 SMNs in the PT to keep the chain going, 1 other slot had to be a COR to pop roll, the other two slots were leach spots. So 3 ppl did all the work while 6 got god like XP. It's the same thing. If it was ok in XI it's ok in XIV. **** in XI now you can leach all the way to 85 in abys. You guys are crying over stupid stuff

2: This type of "it's not fair" attitude was the same attitude that got AV K-club nerfed along with a bunch of other mobs. There are going to be aspects and parts of the game that you won't be able to take advantage of. Either except it STFU and move on, ignore it and take no part in it and ridicule those who claim uber status for "PL'n", or find some friends who will do the same for you and take advantage of it.

Coming on here to ***** about it does nothing but bring light to the glitch, ensure everyone knows about it and more ppl use it, and also get it patched faster than it normally would have. SE does read these forums so, anything you say will be took into consideration. You may not like it, but you might be in the minority. So stop playing holier than thou and do something else.

inc sub-default woot woot!



I personally wont rate you down, but I will reply.

The game had been out for what, 6 years was it, before they introduced level sync. That introduced Summoner Burn parties. You are right, a few people could leech. But the time and effort to coordinate the party was still great. Also, if you didn;t have a corsair to refresh 2 hour abilities, you could only do the burn once every 2 hours.

You think that half the party working a few leeching is the same as one uber high level clearing all the mobs while the rest of the party just follow. Dude, they are worlds apart.

Abyssea...erm lol. We are now talking about an 8 year old game where the level cap will soon be 99, you think they care if people level using burn parties. FFXIV has just been released and is at a tender stage. This is clearly an oversight by SE and will get fixed. Afterall in XI, what happened when people were out of the optimum level range, oh yeah XP became non existent.

Coming on the forum does more than enlighten the community, it is also in a way getting back to Square. The more this is discussed on forums the more likely they are to read it. Also, I am not worried about people helping their friends level using this technique, but if RMT catch on to this and can use it for months it could be bad.

"Coming on here to ***** about it does nothing but bring light to the glitch, ensure everyone knows about it and more ppl use it, and also get it patched faster than it normally would have. SE does read these forums so, anything you say will be took into consideration. You may not like it, but you might be in the minority. So stop playing holier than thou and do something else" - This actually reads like you dont want it fixed /follow FTW is it pal?
Imagine loads of good hunting areas, dominated by clone armies with a high level killing all the mobs you want to be levelling on.

Anyways, you are clearly really missing the point and I cannot be bothered wasting time explaining it.

Edited, Nov 30th 2010 1:39am by MisterGaribaldi


I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say you're wrong here. I really do agree with Ezell and emphasize with him that people are trying to downgrade the game because others are getting a fair advantage of the game by experimenting or helping others that can't do what hard core players are doing, thus the complaints that have been popping out why, how, who, and what explanations they are doing getting ahead. There have been posts with disagreements on Square Enix's approach/decisions that people are getting shot down with the default system rating & like I said in another post, a pat on the back supporting them, thus a trend I've been noticing and becoming very annoyed and angry. However, seems like I'm not the only one who has noticed (woot) But what can I do? All I can do is type and use the power of words.

The down grade in stats, SP reward system, nerfing abilities, unable to even experiment methods of earning better exp at a different angle/same rate after/before the update? Seriously what in @#%^ing **** is all this? No one is going to move on and forget this, it's a @#%^ing walking fiasco. I didn't like having HP/MP being so low on XI and I'm not going to like having stats of the same on IV. Hear me out, if they are at least trying to tweak the stat system where we can solo the **** blue/green mobs, MAKE IT BALANCED. Seriously, I got close to getting one shot to death receiving 80-100 dmg per hit. I might fight coblys at blue but I'm still going to get hit hard. My VIT is at 100, dex 80, and STR 80 (this is without bonus) for a balanced solo flow.

Now, I can't even farm/solo certain monsters (elements for example) I need for shards or even attempt to escape death with the use of punishing barbs. All I have left for survival is either cure I, Second wind (horrible stamina cost and now I only get 290, before 340), or blood bath. Blood bath was nice to be low cost but still doesn't make up for it with all these losses.

I can't solo, so I try to party. I can't party, so I try to solo. I try different methods of solo and partying only to find out they both suck *** now matter what method I try at. The only method, if not the only, at the moment is leves with setting difficulty at high in order to earn 500 sp per mob. Now, even people are trying to say "it's an exploit" because they don't have a high buddy in their friends list/Ls to help them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abE09-tqhoM

What the @#%^ happened to this simple "revolutionary" idea? DOWN GRADED TO XI. There's a fatigue system for a reason, so why ruin the SP system? I am seriously at a brink of conflict between wanting to play and wanting to just close the account altogether.



I am sick of these, you dont have high level friends that's why your whining replies.

These are my friends, you can look their ranks up on lodestone if you care.

Allure Platinum
Mell Romantic
Onmiel Machia.

The above list is not complte, many more people 40+ i could add.

I choose not to engage in this activity, that's how I role. As I said before, I have no problem with people helping their friends to lvl. The point is if 2 people lvl 20 form a party kill any mob and record sp, have one of them switch to an uber high level, kill same type of mob the other person gets the exact same sp. I.E Broken system.

I do not care about legit players using this, but I do not want to see I uber high level with multiple /follow characters clearing hunting grounds.

It is also a really easy service to sell by the hour. Are you getting it yet!!

Edited, Nov 30th 2010 12:05pm by MisterGaribaldi
____________________________


#33 Nov 30 2010 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
I'm going to have to agree that this really isn't a big deal to me. So what if people can power level, what's the point? To reach end-game faster? Um... ok? To monopolize low level NMs? Oh right... Dominate the PvP arena? Huh...

It's often said in MMO's that the journey is just as important as the destination. Well right now all we have is the journey. By power-leveling you're just shooting yourself in the foot. Sure, you may reach the level cap sooner, but there's nothing to do once you reach level cap. So congrats, you got to rank 50 faster than me. Here's your cookie. Now have fun with nothing to do while I'm actually enjoying the game the old fashioned way.

#34 Nov 30 2010 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
*
52 posts
This interests me and here is why.

I'm currently rank 25 on my Pugilist and all the people I've been playing with since Open Beta are in their high 30s or 40s. I work a full-time job and go to school four nights a week and Saturday mornings and have a somewhat active social life.

I have ZERO desire to powerlevel every class but I'm definitely wanting to use this trick/scam/exploit whatever to get up to the level of my buds who I BS with daily in Mumble.

So I hope it stays for at least a few weeks.

My two cents.

Brandon
#35 Nov 30 2010 at 1:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Well thats the beauty of multiclassing

Your buds and you should be rerolling another class so you can play that one together
____________________________


#36StrijderVechter, Posted: Nov 30 2010 at 1:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Pretty much. They whinged about it in FFXI (and tried to call it exploits there) and they're whinging about it here (and still calling it exploits). You should realize by now that ANYTHING that's not within the FFMMO's strict, rigid structure is considered an exploit.
#37 Nov 30 2010 at 1:21 PM Rating: Decent
*
153 posts
Anyone that is powerleveling should hurry and get it out their system. Because S-E wont take long to figure out the problem and rectify it.
#38 Nov 30 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Decent
*
52 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Well thats the beauty of multiclassing

Your buds and you should be rerolling another class so you can play that one together


Oh we have, the problem is their playtime dwarfs my own so at least having one high level class I will be able to run whatever endgame/NM stuff gets added with them rather than lagging along.

Brandon
#39 Nov 30 2010 at 1:53 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
322 posts
FusoyaBlacktooth wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Well thats the beauty of multiclassing

Your buds and you should be rerolling another class so you can play that one together


Oh we have, the problem is their playtime dwarfs my own so at least having one high level class I will be able to run whatever endgame/NM stuff gets added with them rather than lagging along.

Brandon


Well the reality is that if you dont invest as much time as them you're not entitled to partake in the same activities as they do

You better get powerleveled now if you want to take advantage of it because SE will fix it real soon
____________________________


#40 Nov 30 2010 at 3:15 PM Rating: Decent
*
74 posts
tylerbee wrote:
Well thats the beauty of multiclassing

Your buds and you should be rerolling another class so you can play that one together


That's all good and warm, but what about making a set for yourself? I'm pugilist R35, Gold.s R24 and B.smith R25. Know the reason why I have this set up? To repair accessories and to repair weapons of my own. Now, if I were to go into a mage job, this is going to be a conflict. STR, VIT, DEX, are used in my crafting and adjusting them takes every hour, which would lead to being a pain going into another job (aside from melee).

Tell me, what am I to do? My first job was lancer and it had issues with accuracy as it did with Maurder. The only successful job I went into was gladiator and pugilist, thus made me work on my crafting jobs. Now... I enjoy crafting more than I do trying to get SP points because knowing it's too slow.
#41 Nov 30 2010 at 3:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Yeah, you are correct it is too unforgiving right now to swap from a DoW to a DoM. Pretty much not viable.

Since my physical level is high I have the luxury of distributing stats into Piety, Mind etc because if I put any more into STR/VIT/DEX i'll go over the cap for my rank.

____________________________


#42 Nov 30 2010 at 4:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
72 posts
Personally I don't care if they "Exploit" or "Power level" the SP. Crafters aren't keeping pace and the High Ranked DOW so they can't outfit themselves properly .... YET! I'll just keep pluggin' along :)
____________________________



#43 Nov 30 2010 at 5:00 PM Rating: Good
*
52 posts
tylerbee wrote:
FusoyaBlacktooth wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Well thats the beauty of multiclassing

Your buds and you should be rerolling another class so you can play that one together


Oh we have, the problem is their playtime dwarfs my own so at least having one high level class I will be able to run whatever endgame/NM stuff gets added with them rather than lagging along.

Brandon


Well the reality is that if you dont invest as much time as them you're not entitled to partake in the same activities as they do

You better get powerleveled now if you want to take advantage of it because SE will fix it real soon


Entitled? Hahaha... really? It's a video game that I'm enjoying playing with my friends. See, the thing is Tyler I don't mind taking advantage of this to get up to a level with them so I can play with them. Which is what I enjoy. Enjoyment is one of the reason I play games.

Trust me, I know to a lot of people games are serious business but relax man.

Sorry, that whole comment just made me laugh.

Brandon
#44 Nov 30 2010 at 5:04 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
322 posts
FusoyaBlacktooth wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
FusoyaBlacktooth wrote:
tylerbee wrote:
Well thats the beauty of multiclassing

Your buds and you should be rerolling another class so you can play that one together


Oh we have, the problem is their playtime dwarfs my own so at least having one high level class I will be able to run whatever endgame/NM stuff gets added with them rather than lagging along.

Brandon


Well the reality is that if you dont invest as much time as them you're not entitled to partake in the same activities as they do

You better get powerleveled now if you want to take advantage of it because SE will fix it real soon


Entitled? Hahaha... really? It's a video game that I'm enjoying playing with my friends. See, the thing is Tyler I don't mind taking advantage of this to get up to a level with them so I can play with them. Which is what I enjoy. Enjoyment is one of the reason I play games.

Trust me, I know to a lot of people games are serious business but relax man.

Sorry, that whole comment just made me laugh.

Brandon


Haha, i'm not taking it too seriously at all. I'm simply stating its understood across the board in all activities including gaming that people are entitled to certain things depending on how much effort or time they put in to said activity. I'm sorry that you misunderstood me.

____________________________


#45 Nov 30 2010 at 5:09 PM Rating: Excellent
*
216 posts
Well with this not being changed in the recent update, I've got to wonder if it actually is working as intended. SP exploits tend to get fixed very quickly, as you'll recall in previous instances.

They've been saying they want players to get up to rank 30 fast, so perhaps this wasn't a bug or mistake afterall. Maybe they're looking at it as a legitimate activity since it isn't as effective beyond 30.

I would expect to see something along the lines of (in the known issues)...

"We are aware of an error in group SP distribution which is resulting in higher than intended SP gains for certain players. We are working on a fix, and would caution players taking advantage of this bug that exploiting game errors can result in your account being suspended or permanently banned"

...if this was something that they were going to change. It's been several days since the update, there's been a list of known issues, and now a patch. That it hasn't been addressed or acknowledged raises questions for me as to whether it is permissible.

Edited, Nov 30th 2010 6:19pm by theweenie
#46 Nov 30 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
Omena wrote:
nick2412 wrote:
People are crying about power-leveling seriously?

It's a legitimate whine. Let's take FFXI as an example:

Pre 2006 FFXI was played the way it was meant to be. Some time after that power leveling started to emerge and soon there was nothing but that until the 50s. That lead to a very visible deterioration in player skill an attitudes. FFXI had been a game where you compete about who can perform the best. Post 2006 that was no more and instead we had hordes of ignorants who just didn't give a sh*t and couldn't handle the game without someone holding their hand.


Let me start by saying that I think the current system in place is a mistake that will be patched. It is not power leveling in the same way as FFXI because in FFXI the party members still put in effort. Power leveling did not guarantee a successful party. I have no problem with traditional power leveling, random players invited to a PL'd party generally still have to deal with PL-less parties a majority of the time. They'll learn their jobs in time. Joining a PL'd party every now and then won't hurt them. And the players who had a constant PL with them generally tend to be more experienced players and know what they're doing anyway.

The current situation in FFXIV is more like astral burning in FFXI, which I personally despised. The benefiting players are doing little to no work while getting rewarded. SE did nothing about astral burning (Since the last time I played about a year ago) which was disappointing. I hope they won't let this stand in their new game. If people are going to rank up, make them earn it.
#47 Dec 01 2010 at 5:48 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
I don't really care if ppl do this that's their choice, I just see a future thread saying "I made it to 50 to fast now what do I do" I just dont see why there needs to be a rush, its a new game
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)