First of all, the big Nov. patch made this game playable for me, especially on my laptop that could only run the game as a blurry mess before. Thanks for that, though it should've been that way since launch, really.
That said, onto the problems:
1. It's faster to level via steamrolling blues than take on yellows or reds. I get around 150 SP in a party for killing a blue dodo with my fiancee. A yellow Aldgoat Nanny takes at least three times as long to kill and forces me to use my mana to heal my fiancee and myself, yet it only gives 250 SP, meaning that we're better off simply killing easier mobs instead of taking on challenging mobs. Since challenging mobs are more fun and can't be botted as easily, I'd say there should be a higher SP reward for fighting them.
2. There's a weird bug when setting a retainer price that I often get: after clicking the item to sell in the bazaar, I'm half way through typing out the price when the price window just vanishes on its own and I need to reclick the item I want to sell and try to enter the price again (this can happen multiple times, too).
3. The lowering of level requirements for many recipes was a step in the right direction, but I think there's still more that can be done here. Why should an item for a level 12 require an ingredient that can only be made by a level 20? Like I said, it's better than it was before, but I'd like to see it so that every item can only have ingredients that are at or below the level it's made for. Otherwise, higher levels will price gouge the lower levels for key ingredients that can only be made by higher levels (which was happening a great deal pre-patch and hasn't exactly stopped).
4. A tooltip for the market wards would be AMAZING, I mean that you can mouseover/highlight a market ward (such as the "Hunter's Ward") and a tooltip will come up that tells you what can be sold there for the discount. Also, it would be great if each item mentioned in its data which ward it would receive the discount in (for example, somewhere in the tooltip and info for a Bronze Gladius, it would inform the player that it should be sold in the Battlecraft Ward). Right now, it seems like most retainers simply wind up in the Battlecraft Ward as it's the first on the list and typically contains the most retainers random items for sale (ie it's like it was before the segregation of the wards at all).
5. Sometimes while fighting a random mob, I will suddenly no longer be able to attack it until I've deselected it, pressed F to exit combat and then attacked it again.
6. It seems like far too many recipes require wind shards. Seriously, I'm sitting on piles of 500 of some shards, but I'm ALWAYS heading to Limsa's countryside to kill Dodos, Puks and other creatures that specifically drop wind shards. I currently craft EVERYTHING except cooking and I've noticed this seems to be the case. Is this just me or is anyone else noticing this as well?
7. If you log out in a market ward, logging in there means the "Tradecraft Ward" title will stay on your screen until you log out.
8. There's a bug with chatting while going through inventory. If you scroll down in any inventory window, chatting in any way will then move the scroll bar all the way back to the top of the list.
9. Combat pacing is completely off, as in attacks land and do damage BEFORE you see your character execute the attack and before the damage number pops up. This is incredibly pace-breaking and is probably one of the biggest issues the game has. It makes combat feel broken and buggy.
10. I think cooking could use some help. I actually avoided it due to the fact that most recipes seem to have a daunting number of ingredients. On top of that, however, it seems like the buffs from food just aren't long enough and are also too ambiguous for their own good. Maybe make the benefits of food a bit less transparent and make them last longer (30-60 minutes would be good).
I'll post more as I find/think of them.
Edited, Dec 1st 2010 2:38am by TheRealDestian