Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

FFxivFollow

#1 Nov 30 2010 at 11:31 AM Rating: Sub-Default
8 posts
The patch had some really good points from the very needed UI, made the game so much better with server lag way down. The auto sort is very nice, and the game it self has great potential, started off out the hole amazing.Now to get real, crafting needs to get a list in it, I mean this is not the 90s anymore, to write it down or have a web site up in background, common really, just put a list in. No story line so far that has depth in it, I mean very little, and quest lines are short, you have got to keep the clients interested SE whats going on, wheres the af1, wheres the windurst m1-1,1-2, etc you guys had a great line on ff11. HNM camping is a thing of the past, force pop is where its at, but ff11 was amazing in its day, from znm,dynam,hnm,sea,sky, so much to do, so little time. I think everyone nows what I mean. But in the modern world if you wanna make money, I don't have 12hrs a day to be on this game, so if you wanna get paid you gotta make the clients happy, i mean not bend over and take it like WoW but make it worth our time. The sp is so messed up, and even if you did grind on lowbie mobs your dura is gone, raise the dura on items, Ive been playing 2,5 months I think and not hardcore like they said they wanted, my max guy 33, what you think I wanna spend 8-9 months getting to 50 at 150sp a mob. No end game so far, ok give them some time to do it cause of the early release. Walking from point to point, I did not like WoW to much, to kiddish for me. But I have to say flight points help everyone, more people play, can do rl issues why your toon is in flight to somewhere. Summoning stones, major help in a game, not everyone has all the time in the world, let your team mates help you get there. I love the graphics in ff14, but you gotta get dif gear out there, clients pay 13.00/m for this, they wanna look dif. than everyone, its human nature.Thats one of the reasons I left 11 after 6-7 years, was everything looked the same, but there was so much to do. I have liked every ff game, from ff7 to this, and I have them all, I'm a huge fan, I want to see 14 just take the cake on mmo's. In order to do it, they gotta get the client in mind, stop thinking of how to make side money, look at wow, the game is stupid easy, same thing every week, but millions play at 15.00/m. Its the flight points, summon stone, gear change, mob variety, quest's, all things to help the working people out, so we can pay to play a game while where busy. Raptors for 15 lvls, that was wonderful whoever made that call SE. No sc's or mb's, the area's are pretty small, with nothing in them. I would love to see ff14 take the cake once again, but if they cant get some stuff added in this game, to help overall clients, its gonna die before it ever hits ps3 in march, I mean what does SE want stick to its guns and let the game fail, or get the clients in mind.
#2 Nov 30 2010 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/paragraph
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#3 Nov 30 2010 at 12:45 PM Rating: Excellent
*
116 posts
Is it wrong that I think I deserve a cookie for actually being able to read every word from that wall of text?

In order to help everyone else avoid eye strain I'll sum it up for you:

[ Insert the context of almost every complaint thread and WoW/FFXI to FFXIV comparison thread on ZAM ]

I hope that no one has injured themselves during the reading of the original post.
____________________________
FFXIV :: Valdai Devarda \ Lindblum Sargatanas "The Thread Closer"
.............................................................................................................
#4 Nov 30 2010 at 12:52 PM Rating: Excellent
*
106 posts
Is it just me, or does reading that hurt your eyes also?
I think my brain exploded about mid-way through =P

If you stare at it long enough without moving your eyes, objects begin popping out =p
____________________________


#5 Nov 30 2010 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
Validai wrote:
Is it wrong that I think I deserve a cookie for actually being able to read every word from that wall of text?


Initially I wasn't even going to rate down the thread, because I couldn't even read it... but then decided to put it in word and make appropriate spacing... at which point I rated it down.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#6 Nov 30 2010 at 1:09 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
179 posts
good read, very good points, but my eyes hurt me now

____________________________
#7 Nov 30 2010 at 1:28 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
dburton wrote:
Now to get real, crafting needs to get a list in it, I mean this is not the 90s anymore, to write it down


Although the '90s are considered the "golden age" of RPGs... and they were the years when Square was doing their best... I would rather go back to games like that than subscribe to the notion that "anything in the past is bad and anything in the present is better," like you do.

Also, I don't think anyone has said "get real" since the '90s, so you're a bit hypocritical there.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#8 Nov 30 2010 at 1:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
179 posts
I only made it halfway through :/
____________________________
FFXIV: Tebhi Liontamer 37 Elezen Marauder Besaid
FFXI: Luk 75 Hume Beastmaster Gilgamesh / Tehbst 85 Taru Beastmaster Ifrit
#9 Nov 30 2010 at 2:30 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
Lukky wrote:
I only made it halfway through :/


Then you only get half a cookie... maybe if you combine it with Validais crumbs you'll have almost half a cookie... ^.^
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#10 Nov 30 2010 at 2:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
****. . . my ****ing eyes!

/em throws laptop at wall
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#11 Nov 30 2010 at 2:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
213 posts
dburton wrote:
The patch had some really good points from the very needed UI, made the game so much better with server lag way down. The auto sort is very nice, and the game it self has great potential, started off out the hole amazing.Now to get real, crafting needs to get a list in it, I mean this is not the 90s anymore, to write it down or have a web site up in background, common really, just put a list in. No story line so far that has depth in it, I mean very little, and quest lines are short, you have got to keep the clients interested SE whats going on, wheres the af1, wheres the windurst m1-1,1-2, etc you guys had a great line on ff11. HNM camping is a thing of the past, force pop is where its at, but ff11 was amazing in its day, from znm,dynam,hnm,sea,sky, so much to do, so little time. I think everyone nows what I mean. But in the modern world if you wanna make money, I don't have 12hrs a day to be on this game, so if you wanna get paid you gotta make the clients happy, i mean not bend over and take it like WoW but make it worth our time. The sp is so messed up, and even if you did grind on lowbie mobs your dura is gone, raise the dura on items, Ive been playing 2,5 months I think and not hardcore like they said they wanted, my max guy 33, what you think I wanna spend 8-9 months getting to 50 at 150sp a mob. No end game so far, ok give them some time to do it cause of the early release. Walking from point to point, I did not like WoW to much, to kiddish for me. But I have to say flight points help everyone, more people play, can do rl issues why your toon is in flight to somewhere. Summoning stones, major help in a game, not everyone has all the time in the world, let your team mates help you get there. I love the graphics in ff14, but you gotta get dif gear out there, clients pay 13.00/m for this, they wanna look dif. than everyone, its human nature.Thats one of the reasons I left 11 after 6-7 years, was everything looked the same, but there was so much to do. I have liked every ff game, from ff7 to this, and I have them all, I'm a huge fan, I want to see 14 just take the cake on mmo's. In order to do it, they gotta get the client in mind, stop thinking of how to make side money, look at wow, the game is stupid easy, same thing every week, but millions play at 15.00/m. Its the flight points, summon stone, gear change, mob variety, quest's, all things to help the working people out, so we can pay to play a game while where busy. Raptors for 15 lvls, that was wonderful whoever made that call SE. No sc's or mb's, the area's are pretty small, with nothing in them. I would love to see ff14 take the cake once again, but if they cant get some stuff added in this game, to help overall clients, its gonna die before it ever hits ps3 in march, I mean what does SE want stick to its guns and let the game fail, or get the clients in mind.


I love Magic Eye!! but i have yet the see the hologram in it.. can someone tell me what it is?
#12 Nov 30 2010 at 2:40 PM Rating: Excellent
14 posts
dburton wrote:
started off out the hole amazing.Now to get real,...


I only made it this far :/
I don't know what this means, but I'm putting it on a T-shirt.
#13 Nov 30 2010 at 2:44 PM Rating: Excellent
*
165 posts
"It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it. Look, you're really cute, but I can't understand what you're saying. Say the first thing again."

- Marlin / Finding Nemo
#14 Nov 30 2010 at 4:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,235 posts
I for one, do not miss the "never-enough-time" pace of XI. Don't get me wrong, I played it for 7 years and loved it, but I do not miss the constant feeling of ********** if I don't login I'm going to miss 4 hours of camping this, or sea or dynamis, blah blah blah. You fell behind FAST in XI just by missing very small blocks of game-time.
You pretty much had to show up for everything possible, or you were at the back of the line in no time flat. I had that period most XI'ers did-where i DID show up for everything. It was great to get all that stuff, but it sucked the fun right out of the game, and after awhile it fostered a "i don't feel like helping do this for the 300th time" attitude.
Stop comparing this to XI, it's not a sequel, it's not an expansion, and pretty much everything you just said is in 500 posts already- you didn't need to post it again.
This isn't a blog, it's a resource site.
Read first, comment after.
____________________________


"Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
#15 Nov 30 2010 at 5:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
Ba1dw1n wrote:
dburton wrote:
The patch had some really good points from the very needed UI, made the game so much better with server lag way down. The auto sort is very nice, and the game it self has great potential, started off out the hole amazing.Now to get real, crafting needs to get a list in it, I mean this is not the 90s anymore, to write it down or have a web site up in background, common really, just put a list in. No story line so far that has depth in it, I mean very little, and quest lines are short, you have got to keep the clients interested SE whats going on, wheres the af1, wheres the windurst m1-1,1-2, etc you guys had a great line on ff11. HNM camping is a thing of the past, force pop is where its at, but ff11 was amazing in its day, from znm,dynam,hnm,sea,sky, so much to do, so little time. I think everyone nows what I mean. But in the modern world if you wanna make money, I don't have 12hrs a day to be on this game, so if you wanna get paid you gotta make the clients happy, i mean not bend over and take it like WoW but make it worth our time. The sp is so messed up, and even if you did grind on lowbie mobs your dura is gone, raise the dura on items, Ive been playing 2,5 months I think and not hardcore like they said they wanted, my max guy 33, what you think I wanna spend 8-9 months getting to 50 at 150sp a mob. No end game so far, ok give them some time to do it cause of the early release. Walking from point to point, I did not like WoW to much, to kiddish for me. But I have to say flight points help everyone, more people play, can do rl issues why your toon is in flight to somewhere. Summoning stones, major help in a game, not everyone has all the time in the world, let your team mates help you get there. I love the graphics in ff14, but you gotta get dif gear out there, clients pay 13.00/m for this, they wanna look dif. than everyone, its human nature.Thats one of the reasons I left 11 after 6-7 years, was everything looked the same, but there was so much to do. I have liked every ff game, from ff7 to this, and I have them all, I'm a huge fan, I want to see 14 just take the cake on mmo's. In order to do it, they gotta get the client in mind, stop thinking of how to make side money, look at wow, the game is stupid easy, same thing every week, but millions play at 15.00/m. Its the flight points, summon stone, gear change, mob variety, quest's, all things to help the working people out, so we can pay to play a game while where busy. Raptors for 15 lvls, that was wonderful whoever made that call SE. No sc's or mb's, the area's are pretty small, with nothing in them. I would love to see ff14 take the cake once again, but if they cant get some stuff added in this game, to help overall clients, its gonna die before it ever hits ps3 in march, I mean what does SE want stick to its guns and let the game fail, or get the clients in mind.


I love Magic Eye!! but i have yet the see the hologram in it.. can someone tell me what it is?



Its a scooner
____________________________


#16 Nov 30 2010 at 5:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Vedis wrote:
Ba1dw1n wrote:
dburton wrote:
The patch had some really good points from the very needed UI, made the game so much better with server lag way down. The auto sort is very nice, and the game it self has great potential, started off out the hole amazing.Now to get real, crafting needs to get a list in it, I mean this is not the 90s anymore, to write it down or have a web site up in background, common really, just put a list in. No story line so far that has depth in it, I mean very little, and quest lines are short, you have got to keep the clients interested SE whats going on, wheres the af1, wheres the windurst m1-1,1-2, etc you guys had a great line on ff11. HNM camping is a thing of the past, force pop is where its at, but ff11 was amazing in its day, from znm,dynam,hnm,sea,sky, so much to do, so little time. I think everyone nows what I mean. But in the modern world if you wanna make money, I don't have 12hrs a day to be on this game, so if you wanna get paid you gotta make the clients happy, i mean not bend over and take it like WoW but make it worth our time. The sp is so messed up, and even if you did grind on lowbie mobs your dura is gone, raise the dura on items, Ive been playing 2,5 months I think and not hardcore like they said they wanted, my max guy 33, what you think I wanna spend 8-9 months getting to 50 at 150sp a mob. No end game so far, ok give them some time to do it cause of the early release. Walking from point to point, I did not like WoW to much, to kiddish for me. But I have to say flight points help everyone, more people play, can do rl issues why your toon is in flight to somewhere. Summoning stones, major help in a game, not everyone has all the time in the world, let your team mates help you get there. I love the graphics in ff14, but you gotta get dif gear out there, clients pay 13.00/m for this, they wanna look dif. than everyone, its human nature.Thats one of the reasons I left 11 after 6-7 years, was everything looked the same, but there was so much to do. I have liked every ff game, from ff7 to this, and I have them all, I'm a huge fan, I want to see 14 just take the cake on mmo's. In order to do it, they gotta get the client in mind, stop thinking of how to make side money, look at wow, the game is stupid easy, same thing every week, but millions play at 15.00/m. Its the flight points, summon stone, gear change, mob variety, quest's, all things to help the working people out, so we can pay to play a game while where busy. Raptors for 15 lvls, that was wonderful whoever made that call SE. No sc's or mb's, the area's are pretty small, with nothing in them. I would love to see ff14 take the cake once again, but if they cant get some stuff added in this game, to help overall clients, its gonna die before it ever hits ps3 in march, I mean what does SE want stick to its guns and let the game fail, or get the clients in mind.


I love Magic Eye!! but i have yet the see the hologram in it.. can someone tell me what it is?



Its a scooner


No, it's a sailboat.
____________________________


#17 Nov 30 2010 at 6:07 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
Restyoneck wrote:
Stop comparing this to XI, it's not a sequel, it's not an expansion


It's SE's only other online Final Fantasy besides FFXI, it has the exact same playable races as FFXI, playing it reduces the monthly fees of FFXI, it uses the same translation features as FFXI, many of the items possess the same names as they did in FFXI, and, soon, "notorious monsters familiar to those who have spent time in Vana'diel" will be implemented to the game.

Maybe we'll stop comparing it to FFXI once SE stops doing the same? (Or maybe once SE learns to implement a fraction of the fixes from their 8-year-old MMO to this new one, and we can stop wishing to live in the past.)
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)