Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Challenge.Follow

#1 Nov 30 2010 at 10:03 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
To prepare:
- Change to a level 1 crafting or gathering job of your choice.
- Strip down to your underwear and crafting/gathering tool.
- Unequip all of your traits/abilities except the class default.

To begin:
- Touch the Aetheryte in Limsa Lominsa.

To end:
- Touch the Aetheryte at Camp Revenant's Toll in Mor Dhona.

Party rules: (Should you choose to be in a party; optional)
- No one else in your party unless they're following the same rules.
- Anyone in your party must begin in your party at Limsa and end in your party at Revenant's Toll. No one joins new your party along the way.

Casual mode:
- No teleporting.
- No changing jobs or equipping of any gear (except the tool required to remain your current class).
- No asking for help. No accepting any help offered. This refers to text, voice chat, anyone in the room, anything at all.

Hardcore mode:
- No checking your map ingame or any printed map or picture of a map online or physically. No maps. No loopholes.
- No alt-tabbing.

Insane mode:
- No touching any Aetheryte along the way. You die, you start over.

Hellen Keller mode:
- Turn your monitor and speakers off.


Post if you accept the challenge. Post again if you succeed (what difficulty you did it on) or fail (how far you got before ragequitting) and feel free to add how many times you died or whatever you like to add a little flourish to your story. Good luck, have fun!

Edited, Nov 30th 2010 11:05pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#2 Nov 30 2010 at 10:12 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
My lowest class is 10 so I'm disqualifiedSmiley: frown For one of the story missions I went from Grid to Mor Dhona without dying and without touching every aetheryte on the way(because I wanted to deathwarp back to Grid when I was doneSmiley: grin) That's the closest I got to something like this...brought back memories of going places I shouldn't be goin' in XI which was cool...also...lmao @ "Helen Keller Mode"...
____________________________

#3 Nov 30 2010 at 10:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
191 posts
Rate up solely for the Helen Keller mode :)
____________________________


#4 Nov 30 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
also...lmao @ "Helen Keller Mode"...


It was inspired by:

Screenshot
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#5 Nov 30 2010 at 10:25 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:
also...lmao @ "Helen Keller Mode"...


It was inspired by:

Screenshot


Not that I don't find aspects of this amusing (for I do), but could you explain the joke to me please? Is this guy / Fallout 3 without a monitor a meme or something? XD
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#6 Nov 30 2010 at 10:29 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:
also...lmao @ "Helen Keller Mode"...


It was inspired by:
(Picture)


Not that I don't find aspects of this amusing (for I do), but could you explain the joke to me please? Is this guy / Fallout 3 without a monitor a meme or something? XD


Movie Spoiler:

It's Denzel Washington from The Book of Eli; he plays a blind man who kicks *** in a post-apocalyptic world. Actually, some people theorized that the game might have inspired the movie in part.

Edited, Nov 30th 2010 11:30pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#7 Nov 30 2010 at 10:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
523 posts
Made a thread instead of a reply to this thread, oops!

anyway,

try playing the game without running for a while. Its good for a few laughs.
#8 Nov 30 2010 at 10:52 PM Rating: Good
Haha, I'll definitely be giving this a try after finals and I have time to play. Helen Keller mode all the way for me
____________________________


#9 Nov 30 2010 at 10:55 PM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
heres a challenge for mikhalia... try actualy playing ffxiv. you havent ranked up in like a month.... phys 14.... pfft
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#10 Nov 30 2010 at 11:31 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
heres a challenge for mikhalia... try actualy playing ffxiv. you havent ranked up in like a month.... phys 14.... pfft


I was playing all last weekend.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#11 Nov 30 2010 at 11:33 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:


Movie Spoiler:

It's Denzel Washington from The Book of Eli; he plays a blind man who kicks *** in a post-apocalyptic world. Actually, some people theorized that the game might have inspired the movie in part.


Thanks! d(^_~ )

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 12:33am by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#12 Nov 30 2010 at 11:34 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:


Movie Spoiler:

It's Denzel Washington from The Book of Eli; he plays a blind man who kicks *** in a post-apocalyptic world. Actually, some people theorized that the game might have inspired the movie in part.


Thanks! d(^_~ )

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 12:33am by KaneKitty


If you haven't seen the movie, I strongly, strongly suggest it. It's a great movie (Although I did kinda give you a major spoiler there though)
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#13 Dec 01 2010 at 1:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,842 posts
My LS did this kinda of run in FFXI. It was from Sandy to Norg as a Lv. 1.... Good Times.
____________________________
FFXIV Dyvid (Awaiting 2.0)
FFXI Dyvid ~ Pandemonium (Retired)
SWTOR Dy'vid Legacy - Canderous Ordo
#14 Dec 01 2010 at 1:24 AM Rating: Good
Galkaholics wrote:
heres a challenge for mikhalia... try actualy playing ffxiv. you havent ranked up in like a month.... phys 14.... pfft

Only Geffe is allowed to make fun of Mik's lack of playtime!

But seriously, this is great. Reminds me of the good old days of naked jeuno runs with my linkshell. I'll be playing on insane mode next time I log in.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#15 Dec 01 2010 at 3:43 AM Rating: Excellent
If you guys want a challenge, try getting to Wyrmking's Perch in Coerthas. Period. No strings attached, just get to the Aetherial gate.
(Oh, and post how you did it so I can finally get the **** thing!)
#16 Dec 01 2010 at 6:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
If you guys want a challenge, try getting to Wyrmking's Perch in Coerthas. Period. No strings attached, just get to the Aetherial gate.
(Oh, and post how you did it so I can finally get the **** thing!)
I will have to check but I think I got that Aetheryte somehow.

Also Mikh not quite on level one but I did get to Revenants Toll on my Botanist/Miner on like the second day after CE release. Found some random items gathering my way there that I thought were pretty cool at the time (in hindsight not so much, but someone did pay 50k for that wyvern obsidian).

Also throw in an extra rule of no sleep pot usage. Not sure exactly how they work but I know people that swear by them making it super easy to get to some of the more difficult camps.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 5:37am by Manosuke
____________________________
[quote]Capitalism Ho, ******************************************************************************** in /K/ where /K/lik is the new spam.[/url][/b]
Try out Eve free for a few weeks :D
#17 Dec 01 2010 at 7:16 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
I suppose I could qualify for Casual mode, with a few exceptions...

1) I started in Gridania
2) I was not level 1 (though I was not at any level worth mentioning either)
3) While I didn't walk straight from Limsa to Camp Reventant's Toll, I did walk to every camp and aetheryte that is relevant

To date I only got Crimson Bark through tele from someone else, with all other camps/aetherytes through walking.

I died once during my trip there... I mistakenly thought stags were non-aggro like their lower level doe cousins and was hit by a sneeze as I was heading towards my goal.
____________________________
Jack of all trades, master of none
#18 Dec 01 2010 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
*
106 posts
Back in Oct, I have done it at level 5 as Con and started from Ul'dah. Went to Mor Dhona, sneak through every Evil Eyes, checked every caves and touched every camp. I then proceed to Coerthas, touched every camp and including Ishgard's gate. Does that count?

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 9:26am by Golophei
____________________________


#19 Dec 01 2010 at 8:27 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Challenge accepted. If you see me running into a wall constantly while in my undies, you'll know I'm doing Helen Keller mode.
#20 Dec 01 2010 at 9:52 AM Rating: Good
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Challenge accepted. If you see me running into a wall constantly while in my undies, you'll know I'm doing Helen Keller mode.

I challenge you to participate in linkshell conversation while doing this mode.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#21 Dec 01 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Hellen Keller mode:
- Turn your monitor and speakers off.

I died when I read that. Best mode ever.

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 11:25am by KingKon
____________________________
Aurelius wrote:
I too recall the days of my childhood when an empty cardboard box and a little imagination could be one of the most entertaining things in the world. Of course, as my experiences evolved so too did my interests and my tastes in entertainment and while I could probably still find limited entertainment value in a large enough empty cardboard box, I certainly wouldn't pay someone a monthly fee for the privilege of access to it.
#22 Dec 01 2010 at 10:26 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
53 posts
Wada mode:
-Turn off FFXIV and do not play it
#23 Dec 01 2010 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
I challenge you to participate in linkshell conversation while doing this mode.


The sack swap didn't count?
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#24 Dec 01 2010 at 12:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
I challenge you to participate in linkshell conversation while doing this mode.


I could talk in LS chat, but I think reading responses would be difficult.

Not a problem for me though; I usually prattle on regardless of what anyone else is saying anyway.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#25 Dec 01 2010 at 1:20 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
I challenge you to participate in linkshell conversation while doing this mode.


I could talk in LS chat, but I think reading responses would be difficult.

Not a problem for me though; I usually prattle on regardless of what anyone else is saying anyway.


My typos would really show through then. And I agree Mikhalia, you do tend to prattle on regardless.
#26 Dec 01 2010 at 2:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
I challenge you to participate in linkshell conversation while doing this mode.


I could talk in LS chat, but I think reading responses would be difficult.

Not a problem for me though; I usually prattle on regardless of what anyone else is saying anyway.


My typos would really show through then. And I agree Mikhalia, you do tend to prattle on regardless.


Speaking of seafood, I made some delicious garlic and butter shrimp last night.

Oh, you weren't speaking of seafood? I thought one of us was.

Anyway, speaking of seafood...
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#27 Dec 01 2010 at 2:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
I challenge you to participate in linkshell conversation while doing this mode.


I could talk in LS chat, but I think reading responses would be difficult.

Not a problem for me though; I usually prattle on regardless of what anyone else is saying anyway.


My typos would really show through then. And I agree Mikhalia, you do tend to prattle on regardless.


Speaking of seafood, I made some delicious garlic and butter shrimp last night.

Oh, you weren't speaking of seafood? I thought one of us was.

Anyway, speaking of seafood...

I tried really hard to find a way to make that relevant somehow to make you look better, but I just couldn't manage it Mik. I'm sorry. The closest I could get was that prattle shares some letters with cuttlefish, which can kind of count as seafood (even though I hope there aren't any humans that eat them)... That's all I've got.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#28 Dec 01 2010 at 3:23 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
I challenge you to participate in linkshell conversation while doing this mode.


I could talk in LS chat, but I think reading responses would be difficult.

Not a problem for me though; I usually prattle on regardless of what anyone else is saying anyway.


My typos would really show through then. And I agree Mikhalia, you do tend to prattle on regardless.


Speaking of seafood, I made some delicious garlic and butter shrimp last night.

Oh, you weren't speaking of seafood? I thought one of us was.

Anyway, speaking of seafood...

I tried really hard to find a way to make that relevant somehow to make you look better, but I just couldn't manage it Mik. I'm sorry. The closest I could get was that prattle shares some letters with cuttlefish, which can kind of count as seafood (even though I hope there aren't any humans that eat them)... That's all I've got.


Speaking of 17th century philosophers, have you heard...

But yeah. I think we're hijacking the thread just a little.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#29 Dec 01 2010 at 4:47 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Manosuke the Irrelevant wrote:


Also throw in an extra rule of no sleep pot usage. Not sure exactly how they work but I know people that swear by them making it super easy to get to some of the more difficult camps.



They insta sleep the mob and you don't even have to go into active mode. Only issue is they sometimes (rarely) fail.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#30 Dec 01 2010 at 8:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
Manosuke the Irrelevant wrote:


Also throw in an extra rule of no sleep pot usage. Not sure exactly how they work but I know people that swear by them making it super easy to get to some of the more difficult camps.



They insta sleep the mob and you don't even have to go into active mode. Only issue is they sometimes (rarely) fail.


Good to know... So have any extra you wanna sell? :D
____________________________
[quote]Capitalism Ho, ******************************************************************************** in /K/ where /K/lik is the new spam.[/url][/b]
Try out Eve free for a few weeks :D
#31 Dec 01 2010 at 9:13 PM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
This sounds crazy and good xD /laugh xD but i dunno if i could even try of participating xD i dunno if i have any rank 1 class xD must check that out later and then decide ;)
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)