Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

JP Contest to have your avatar drawn by Akihiko YoshidaFollow

#1 Nov 30 2010 at 11:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
641 posts
Japanese portal site, goo, is hosting a campaign for Final Fantasy XIV fans. Answer four simple questions and win a chance to have artist Akihiko Yoshida personally draw your FFXIV character! Other prizes include a signed copy of FFXIV for Windows (JP version) and Guildleve phone straps.

The contest uses a short quiz format, which gives you a 診断 (shin-dan) diagnosis or analysis of what Discipline you should be. It is essentially like those internet quizzes you see all the time (Which Simpson are you? What game character are you?) and they are just as irritatingly popular among Japanese net denizens.

However, fans may be shocked (shocked, I say!) to learn that this campaign is only available in Japanese. While the rules do not exclude foreign players from participating, you do have to enter in personal information upon completion of the campaign. The name field requires you use katakana, and the address field will only accept Japanese-based locations.

Still, if you happen to live in Japan, or have someone to help you out, I have put together a guide to completing your entry after the jump.

Read the article

Edited, May 24th 2011 2:22pm by Osarion Lock Thread: necro
____________________________
JPButton | Twitter
#2 Dec 01 2010 at 12:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
419 posts
I really wish I lived in Japan right now..
____________________________

FFXI: BST99/THF99/DNC99/BRD75/SMN61 (Phoenix Server)
WoW: 90 Death Knight, 90 Priest [For the Horde!]
Diablo II & III player~
#3 Dec 01 2010 at 12:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
...This makes me a very sad panda. First we don't get the moogle plushie, now this? ;(
#4 Dec 01 2010 at 3:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
You had your chance. I sold 5 of those on ebay.
#5 Dec 01 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
djattracta wrote:
I really wish I lived in Japan right now..


You are better off go to devianart and ask some random joe and draw your character then live in japan.
#6 Dec 01 2010 at 4:29 PM Rating: Decent
*
246 posts
Why aren't the playing community across the board getting a contest like this? Same goes with people that bought the CE of the game. Some people paid the same amount of money for less product. I'd like to know if it is favoritism or just bad marketing. I'm sure there are tons of artists that would love to be a part of this for gamers in other nationalities. I'm not asking for more than other people or for special treatment for Americans or whatever. Just would be nice if they did stuff like this for all players. It would get the gaming community more into this game and all.

Either way, good luck to everyone that enters this contest ^_^
____________________________
#7 Dec 01 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
463 posts
Ararmoire wrote:
Why aren't the playing community across the board getting a contest like this? Same goes with people that bought the CE of the game. Some people paid the same amount of money for less product. I'd like to know if it is favoritism or just bad marketing. I'm sure there are tons of artists that would love to be a part of this for gamers in other nationalities. I'm not asking for more than other people or for special treatment for Americans or whatever. Just would be nice if they did stuff like this for all players. It would get the gaming community more into this game and all.

Either way, good luck to everyone that enters this contest ^_^


this is why its not happening here...
Elmer wrote:
Japanese portal site, goo, is hosting a campaign


it would appear this isnt a SE event, this site just talked some SE people into cooperating. i wish i was eligible to enter as well but i hold no ill will towards SE or FFXIV for me not being able to considering this isnt really their contest to make the rules for.

maybe we should talk ZAM into campaigning to get us a similar event and/or prize! =P viva la revolucion!

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 9:27pm by Elamille
____________________________
Gadhelyn wrote:
This one time at FFXIV camp I tried to get a 3 person party going, but just ended up as a Disciple of the Hand.


#8 Dec 02 2010 at 12:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
Elamille wrote:


maybe we should talk ZAM into campaigning to get us a similar event and/or prize! =P viva la revolucion!

Edited, Dec 1st 2010 9:27pm by Elamille


Kupo la Revolucion?

We need a contest from ZAM with the prize being plushie moogles.


And, in response to the above poster mentioning selling them on Ebay...
The prices SE charges for winged teddy bears with pompoms are high enough already. Not paying more than that...
#9 Dec 02 2010 at 2:46 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
Uryuu wrote:
We need a contest from ZAM with the prize being plushie moogles.

There was one. The pumpkin carving contest...And I am still waiting for my moogle plushie. :(
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#10 Dec 02 2010 at 3:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
uomaru wrote:

There was one. The pumpkin carving contest...And I am still waiting for my moogle plushie. :(


Guessing the Great Pumpkin must have hijacked the shipment as revenge for the mass murder of his subjects.
#11 May 24 2011 at 2:02 PM Rating: Default
19 posts
pfft ill just draw my own .
dont got to art school for nothin.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)