Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Hmm... Coincidence; I think notFollow

#1 Dec 02 2010 at 4:21 PM Rating: Sub-Default
*
55 posts
Quote:
mpjj
Scholar
37 posts
Score: Default

Osarion wrote:
Cornyboob, in the last 31 days you have been rated down by an admin a total of 4 times.
One rate up by me for posting an item/recipe update.
The rest have come from users.

akirussan wrote:
Call me twisted, but now I can't stop wondering just how many rate downs he's received in the last 31 days...

Wint wrote:
717 times, 4 by admins.

Was this post really necessary? It seems to me that this is an example of an admin that is doing more to help stir the pot than actually moderate the forum content. I don't like trolling, ranting, QQ anymore than the next guy but this type of behavior from an Admin irks me as well. I know you were simply stating fact but there is no way you didn't know that it would add fuel to the fire.


I posted this calling out an Admin for stirring up more drama to an already de-railed and non-constructive post (http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1291221530219998105&page=1). Soon after my post I check back and it is in default status and the original thread is locked where it could be burried. Seems a bit BS to me but oh well what should I expect. I'm no tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist but there is alot of bias around here and some people feel justified with their GOD complexes. Just calling it how I see it. Some people get away with saying whatever they like while others are roasted like a Thanksgiving turkey.

PS: I think Osarion's post was justified completely in that thread but Wint's added nothing constructive other than fueling an already out of control thread. GJ on your unbiased moderation there.

This will also be locked in 3,2,..

I'm sure of this becuase no one likes to be called out on their BS. I may have my posting privelges revoked too but I get tired of seeing some of the admins/moderators participating in some of the same **** they are supposed to keep from happening. As well some let certain forum members have just about free will to speak their mind regardless of content. You're crazy if you think that there isn't bias that goes on in this forum.

I'm not saying everyone should have free reign to say whatever they want but it should be fair and balanced regardless of the color of your name, newbie/veteran or if you are a freebie/premium.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 3:31pm by Fleven Lock Thread: whiny butthurt
#2 Dec 02 2010 at 4:23 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
I don't see how anyone was stirring up drama, they were pointing out that the rate downs were coming from regular users, not admins.

For example, I rated you down in the other thread. Not an admin, me. Because I think that you're just trying to provoke a fight, and I rated down this post too because I think you're STILL trying to provoke a fight.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#3 Dec 02 2010 at 4:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Plus I remember corny spouting off how the admins were rating him down.

Just because you're an Admin doesn't mean you're not human.
#4 Dec 02 2010 at 4:29 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Yeah, if it was really that bad, an Admin would have nuked or locked the topic (which is pretty much inevitable anyway for this one).

I don't see how an admin rating a post down because they don't like it is any worse than a user rating a post down because they don't like it. Are Admins somehow expected to put up with **** for no other reason than because they're an admin? A **** post is a **** post.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#5mpjj, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 4:29 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It's ok and that is your free will to rate me down. I'm not disputing that and I'm not arguing it. I find most of your posts entertaining and informative. I do think it is and was BS for Wint to point out how many times that guy got rated down. It was not necessary. Osarion had already made the point that the rate downs were from regular users and not admins but Wint's post was just rubbing salt in the wound for no reason. You can't honestly argue that was necessary information. It was just rude. I didn't and don't agree with cornyboob's opinion from that thread but I don't feel he should have been railed like that. It's really nobody's business other than the admin/moderator's how many times the guy was rated down.
#6 Dec 02 2010 at 4:30 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
I dunno; I think that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If someone wants to be abrasive and troll, I don't really see anything wrong with "rubbing salt in the wound", as you put it.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#7jayfly, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 4:31 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!
#8 Dec 02 2010 at 4:36 PM Rating: Default
*
55 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Yeah, if it was really that bad, an Admin would have nuked or locked the topic (which is pretty much inevitable anyway for this one).

I don't see how an admin rating a post down because they don't like it is any worse than a user rating a post down because they don't like it. Are Admins somehow expected to put up with sh*t for no other reason than because they're an admin? A sh*t post is a sh*t post.


You guys are missing my point completely. I'm not disputing that an admin should or shouldn't rate someone down. They have every right to rate someone down and there is nothing wrong with that. The same goes for regular forum posters that's what the karma system is about. If you like it rate them up. If you don't rate them down; I'm not arguing that.

I'm stating that the post was unecessary because Osarion had already noted that only 4 posts throughout that whole span were rate downs by the admins. That dispelled his "admins are out to get me" theory. That was sufficient to quell that paranoia. However the next person said it was their "sick and twisted" desire to see how many times that he was rated down by regular users and instead of not saying anything or locking the lalready spiraling thread Wint gave him the ammo he was looking for. That just doesn't sit well with me. That is not how an admin or moderator should react or particpate in an already inflammatory thread.
#9 Dec 02 2010 at 4:39 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
mpjj wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Yeah, if it was really that bad, an Admin would have nuked or locked the topic (which is pretty much inevitable anyway for this one).

I don't see how an admin rating a post down because they don't like it is any worse than a user rating a post down because they don't like it. Are Admins somehow expected to put up with sh*t for no other reason than because they're an admin? A sh*t post is a sh*t post.


You guys are missing my point completely. I'm not disputing that an admin should or shouldn't rate someone down. They have every right to rate someone down and there is nothing wrong with that. The same goes for regular forum posters that's what the karma system is about. If you like it rate them up. If you don't rate them down; I'm not arguing that.

I'm stating that the post was unecessary because Osarion had already noted that only 4 posts throughout that whole span were rate downs by the admins. That dispelled his "admins are out to get me" theory. That was sufficient to quell that paranoia. However the next person said it was their "sick and twisted" desire to see how many times that he was rated down by regular users and instead of not saying anything or locking the lalready spiraling thread Wint gave him the ammo he was looking for. That just doesn't sit well with me. That is not how an admin or moderator should react or particpate in an already inflammatory thread.


I see your point, but I disagree.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#10mpjj, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 4:41 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear that I'm not saying that Admin's shouldn't rate down. That is not my point what so ever. Everyone has that right regardless of status.
#11 Dec 02 2010 at 4:42 PM Rating: Excellent
**
660 posts
When did the FFXIV forums on ZAM become LiveJournal?
____________________________


#12mpjj, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 4:44 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Just like this post as an example. It's only been up for a few minutes and I'm already in sub-default. I'm not gonna argue or ***** about it because everyone has the free will to rate up or down. Right now it seems that most who have read disagree and want to rate down and there is nothing wrong with that.
#13 Dec 02 2010 at 4:44 PM Rating: Good
Drama queens ... they make Zam go 'round.
____________________________

#14 Dec 02 2010 at 4:45 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
reptiletim wrote:
When did the FFXIV forums on ZAM become LiveJournal?


Dear Diary.

Mood: Lethargic

I posted a thread and I got rated DOWN! I'm an INDIVIDUAL! I have FEELINGS! I'm going to kill myself today. But first, I'm going to get in my mom's minivan and we're going to go to Denny's.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#15mpjj, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 4:50 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I hope that wasn't meant for me because I truly could give three ***** if I get rated down. This post actually had nothing to do with rate ups or downs. But thus the way of the ZAM forums people have selective reading and like to make comments without reading posts completely. Oh well.
#16 Dec 02 2010 at 4:51 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
I was reading that previous thread also and thought you overreacted to Wint's post. He answered that person's question and that's all. He didn't go off on a rant or anything. Creating a new thread to bring it back up is more overreaction & unnecessary...

If you really thought it was way out of line for Wint to post that, ya could send him a PM and discuss it...

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 5:53pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#17mpjj, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 4:53 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Understood. But I disagree. I feel like it was conduct un-becomming of an adminstrator/moderator. I do feel that admins/moderators are to be held to a higher standard when participating in forum discussions. That post in my opinion served no other purpose than to add fuel to the fire. That is to be expected from regular forum posters but not an admin/moderator. That's my point and that's why I made a new thread.
#18 Dec 02 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Oh my gawd just shut the **** up already. I mean, really? REALLY? Can we just discuss the game like adults here and not get all upset when we don't agree or something makes a counterpoint? This ratings makes people so nuts and I don't even get why. Everyone on these forums still can see your posts - the only ones who the sub-default filter actually protects are the folks just lurking with no names.

As much as I love seeing Kaolian around these forums because he's just a **** beast, I suggest you all just stop because he gonna come in these threads and put us all on lock down lol

It's gonna get ugly. And the admins ain't pretty, when they ugly.


Edit:

This might make you feel better though OP:

/pour rum

you can have some too - i gots plenty

Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 5:56pm by Torrence
#19mpjj, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 5:00 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I appreciate the rum but read the whole fu*&ing post before you spout off. Man this is what irks me about these forums and some people that post. This thread and my post didn't have D!CK **** to do with rate ups and downs.
#20 Dec 02 2010 at 5:02 PM Rating: Good
*
132 posts
Excuse me, but this is not your site. The admins have a right to be as ****** as they please, and you have no right to complain, because you are in THEIR territory. I personally think the admins are being quite admirable in how well they put up with even trolls, but when they put someone in their place for disrupting THEIR site, they have every right to be as harsh and evil as they please. OUR rights consist of not putting up with the admins if they get out of hand, and going to another site. It doesn't consist of ******** to admins constantly. If you don't like the way an admin does something, send them a PM, not try to start drama on a thread. and ASK NICELY.

Honestly, do people like you go into other people's houses uninvited and like, start treating them like their your slaves or something? Because that's not how you become a well-loved member of society, and acting like this is not how you become a well-loved and respected member of this forum.
____________________________

#21 Dec 02 2010 at 5:03 PM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
mpjj wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
reptiletim wrote:
When did the FFXIV forums on ZAM become LiveJournal?


Dear Diary.

Mood: Lethargic

I posted a thread and I got rated DOWN! I'm an INDIVIDUAL! I have FEELINGS! I'm going to kill myself today. But first, I'm going to get in my mom's minivan and we're going to go to Denny's.


I hope that wasn't meant for me because I truly could give three ***** if I get rated down. This post actually had nothing to do with rate ups or downs. But thus the way of the ZAM forums people have selective reading and like to make comments without reading posts completely. Oh well.

P.S. Denny's is amazing but I prefer IHOP and I'd rather take uncle rico's monte carlo.


I come to these forums for information, not to read a QQ session from a butthurt kid who can't stand that no one likes him.
____________________________


#22mpjj, Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 5:04 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Chameleon. lmao let the camping begin.
#23 Dec 02 2010 at 5:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
As others have said, this probably should have been taken to PMs. That being said though, I do disagree.

Sometimes people need to see the actual numbers to get the whole picture. In this case the OP put forth that admins were rating him down. Saying that only 4 admins rated him down in that time period is all well and good, but now add in the rest of the numbers and we have the full context. Seeing that out of 717 rate downs, only 4 were admins, leaving 713 rate downs by normal members gives the whole picture. The OP now has a clear idea on what happened. In that regard, I don't think that Wint did anything inappropriate.
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#24 Dec 02 2010 at 5:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
320 posts
Why are you complaining about the admins and rating? You come into their kitchen you'd better be able to take the heat. You're not entitled to anything. This is a public message board. Stop being so whiny.

Internet. Too serious for some people.
____________________________


#25 Dec 02 2010 at 5:07 PM Rating: Excellent
You seem new to Zam so let me tell you how Karma works....

1: If you talk about it, QQ about it, even mention it, you'll be Sub D'd in seconds, if not norated.

2: Starting a 2nd thread to QQ MOAR about a thread that was locked will get you sub d'd almost as fast, along with this thread being locked and possibly a lack of posting privilages for a few days.

Have a problem with a admin, take it to PM, or use the Feedback Forum

____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#26 Dec 02 2010 at 5:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
179 posts
We're here for FFXIV related stuff, not to hear about your beef with the admins.

So, Sir I respectfully ask you to STOP @#%^ING POST THIS sh*t

EDIT: typo


Edited, Dec 2nd 2010 6:19pm by Lukky
____________________________
FFXIV: Tebhi Liontamer 37 Elezen Marauder Besaid
FFXI: Luk 75 Hume Beastmaster Gilgamesh / Tehbst 85 Taru Beastmaster Ifrit
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)