Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

DId SE ninja fix the high level player PL's?Follow

#1 Dec 03 2010 at 5:49 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
I was doing a faction leve with a friend of mine and we noticed that on every kill, he was getting significantly less SP than I was. He was a 18 thm and I was a 28 glad (we were duoing because I needed the extra healing for the leve). I would kill and get 100-120, he'd get 60-70. Was this a ninja fix by SE to stop the high level players from killing stuff and "PLing" lower players? I seem to remember a couple days ago me killing stuff and he would actually get MORE SP than I would. Can anyone confirm this?
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#2Staph, Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 6:05 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Play the game. You don't need a PL. IT'S NOT THAT FRACKING HARD!
#3 Dec 03 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
*
219 posts
You were getting party bonus, he was not.

Edited, Dec 3rd 2010 7:10pm by chopstx
____________________________

#4 Dec 03 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
yes but earlier this week we did the same thing and he recieved considerably MORE sp than I did.

Staph wrote:
Play the game. You don't need a PL. IT'S NOT THAT FRACKING HARD!
/microrantoff


Did you even bother reading the post? I was 10 ranks above him and asked him to help heal for the leve. I was not PLing him. Next time before you "microrant", read the topic please.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#5 Dec 03 2010 at 6:31 PM Rating: Good
chopstx wrote:
You were getting party bonus, he was not.

Edited, Dec 3rd 2010 7:10pm by chopstx


This
____________________________


#6 Dec 03 2010 at 6:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
36 posts
No nothing changed.

I know because I dual box and have done leves pre patch with my high level killing stuff for my lower level pug. Without pt bonus sp is cut in half. So if you could normal solo kill a leve mob for 120 sp, if a high lvl joins and kills for you you only get 60sp. And that's exactly what is happening in your scenario.

The reason you get double is because you get pt bonus meaning you are not subjected to the 1/2 penalty.
____________________________

Strife Nii ~ Conjuror 49, Botanist 37, Mining 33, Thaum 32, Culinary 27, Goldsmith 22
#7 Dec 03 2010 at 7:22 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
Strifexx wrote:
No nothing changed.

I know because I dual box and have done leves pre patch with my high level killing stuff for my lower level pug. Without pt bonus sp is cut in half. So if you could normal solo kill a leve mob for 120 sp, if a high lvl joins and kills for you you only get 60sp. And that's exactly what is happening in your scenario.

The reason you get double is because you get pt bonus meaning you are not subjected to the 1/2 penalty.


I understand how the system works. As I said, we've done this before. If nothing has changed so be it, its just weird that we both agreed that he was getting more SP a few days ago than I was, and now he is not. Perhaps he had guardian's aspect on before and didn't realize it or something. Don't quit understand why my post was defaulted tho when I was just clarifying something to someone who didn't read the thread.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#8Staph, Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 7:45 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You should learn to clearly state your thoughts about an observation you made. Not pepper it with innocent innuendo about some maligned SE plot to reduce the SP given on each and every mob kill. If your friend came a long to heal, what does it matter how much SP he was getting versus you?
#9 Dec 03 2010 at 8:49 PM Rating: Good
i think i remember reading something about fatique in the update notes.........
____________________________
"Cant you read the sign? No bags allowed, that includes douchebags and dirtbags"

Darrt
75 Drg (retired)
Leviathan Server
#10 Dec 03 2010 at 9:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
447 posts
BartelX wrote:
I was doing a faction leve with a friend of mine and we noticed that on every kill, he was getting significantly less SP than I was. He was a 18 thm and I was a 28 glad (we were duoing because I needed the extra healing for the leve). I would kill and get 100-120, he'd get 60-70. Was this a ninja fix by SE to stop the high level players from killing stuff and "PLing" lower players? I seem to remember a couple days ago me killing stuff and he would actually get MORE SP than I would. Can anyone confirm this?



There is a distinct possibility they nerfed PL but didn't make us aware. I inadvertently learned about the PL potential post-patch when a friend helped me with a leve. As you state, he, the higher level, was getting far less than me, for doing far more. If that dynamic has indeed changed as you say, then yes, they changed something. I can't verify this yet, but it's worth looking into. Thanks for sharing.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#11 Dec 03 2010 at 9:36 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
Staph wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Don't quit understand why my post was defaulted tho when I was just clarifying something to someone who didn't read the thread.


You should learn to clearly state your thoughts about an observation you made. Not pepper it with innocent innuendo about some maligned SE plot to reduce the SP given on each and every mob kill. If your friend came a long to heal, what does it matter how much SP he was getting versus you?

My microrant was more or less a general statement versus the title of your thread. The skin and bones of your trivial post had little to do with it.

I'm done with this. This bores me.


I'm sorry it bores you. I'm just curious what part of the post wasn't clear? The part where I specifically stated why my friend had come to help, or the part where I was trying to see if anyone else had noticed something similar to myself happening in terms of SP gain?

And as I stated, had you actually read my thread, which its pretty clear you didn't before posting based on


Quote:
My microrant was more or less a general statement versus the title of your thread.


you would have realized how pointless your comment was. But hey, it's no biggie. People make mistakes. ^^
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#12 Dec 04 2010 at 1:16 PM Rating: Decent
42 posts
BartelX wrote:
I was doing a faction leve with a friend of mine and we noticed that on every kill, he was getting significantly less SP than I was. He was a 18 thm and I was a 28 glad (we were duoing because I needed the extra healing for the leve). I would kill and get 100-120, he'd get 60-70. Was this a ninja fix by SE to stop the high level players from killing stuff and "PLing" lower players? I seem to remember a couple days ago me killing stuff and he would actually get MORE SP than I would. Can anyone confirm this?



Patch notes are your friend.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=159e4a58b58fd0214620ec8d64ddd138d5ab599e

Nov. 25th patch introduced -10/+5 in party level gap.

Players receive a party bonus for SP based on the number of players who are -10 levels below or +5 levels above them in a party.

Since there were only two of you, and you were +10 levels above your friend, only you received a party bonus because they were -10 levels below you.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 8:20am by Gopi
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)