Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 4 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Relationships + FFXIV = impossible to gauge?Follow

#152 Dec 09 2010 at 4:24 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
finalfan.... I have to disagree with your warrior of light party... mine was always redmage, blackmage, fighter, and whitemage


8-bit theater says you are wrong. :P


I said MY warrior of light party - not 8 bit theatre's.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#153 Dec 09 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
Haha Yeah I don't like her at all. I mean he was GOOD at bass too. Very nice to listen to.

As for my cousin allowing it. He rushed into the marriage due to insecurities that his two younger siblings were getting married before him. Stupid reason. He's like 7 years younger than my mom so he's in his 40s. and has a toddler of his own. He would never leave her. Probably won't ever. If he does, only when she's 18 or old enough to understand.
#154 Dec 12 2010 at 4:41 AM Rating: Decent
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
finalfan.... I have to disagree with your warrior of light party... mine was always redmage, blackmage, fighter, and whitemage


8-bit theater says you are wrong. :P


I said MY warrior of light party - not 8 bit theatre's.

But i let Thief be leader and signed a binding contract giving him rights to all items and gil except for swords and any other "Shineys" that I like.

Edit: Plus im referring to our 8-Bit Theater avatars =P

Edited, Dec 12th 2010 5:42am by FinalFanXIV
____________________________

Osarion = Red Mage
Mikhalia = Black Mage Evilwizardington
FinalFanXIV = Fighter McWarrior
All we are missing is Thief, Clan Khee'Bler and we will have the full Light Warriors party.
#155 Dec 12 2010 at 2:15 PM Rating: Good
*
115 posts
From a female prospective, I'm sort of caught in the middle. I like video games, but recently my RL has just begun to trump my game life.

Let me start by saying I met my significant other on FFXI six years ago. We lived in different states and had quite a bit of an age difference, he being 24 and I being 17. I was starting college and he was in the middle of working on his career, but we spent almost all of our free time together on the game. Time passed and I moved closer to him. Other than physically seeing each other much more often our relationship didn't change to much. Video games were still a huge portion of our hobbies together. At that time of my life, I had no issues sitting around for hours on end just playing MMOs or some other counsel games.

Now, I'm 24. I have a full time career of my own and I'm 8 months pregnant. We both started FFXIV because we loved FFXI and we were hoping to cut down our entertainment costs per month (So far it's worked). But! I get off work and I'm tired. I like playing the game, but I just spent my entire day in front of the computer. I've gone from a hardcore, play all the time, player to a very casual player. My significant other can still play all night if I didn't say anything. I want a life outside of the game, especially with a baby on the way.

I want to experience a little bit of life when I'm not at work, and I want a little attention. Is it wrong of me to poke him and say, 'Hey let's go DO something on the weekend?'
____________________________
FFXIV (Joscerelle Faire) - Officer of Serenity LS - www.SerenityLS.com
Goldsmith23, Mining20, Archer16
I wear pink... that's what I do.

FFXI (Retired)
SMN75, BLM54, WHM40, BRD31, PLD25,
Cooking 100+2, Clothcraft 40
Sellius (MULE) Clothcraft 61, Leathercraft 20, Goldsmithing 12
#156 Dec 12 2010 at 5:15 PM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
Joscerelle wrote:
From a female prospective, I'm sort of caught in the middle. I like video games, but recently my RL has just begun to trump my game life.

Let me start by saying I met my significant other on FFXI six years ago. We lived in different states and had quite a bit of an age difference, he being 24 and I being 17. I was starting college and he was in the middle of working on his career, but we spent almost all of our free time together on the game. Time passed and I moved closer to him. Other than physically seeing each other much more often our relationship didn't change to much. Video games were still a huge portion of our hobbies together. At that time of my life, I had no issues sitting around for hours on end just playing MMOs or some other counsel games.

Now, I'm 24. I have a full time career of my own and I'm 8 months pregnant. We both started FFXIV because we loved FFXI and we were hoping to cut down our entertainment costs per month (So far it's worked). But! I get off work and I'm tired. I like playing the game, but I just spent my entire day in front of the computer. I've gone from a hardcore, play all the time, player to a very casual player. My significant other can still play all night if I didn't say anything. I want a life outside of the game, especially with a baby on the way.

I want to experience a little bit of life when I'm not at work, and I want a little attention. Is it wrong of me to poke him and say, 'Hey let's go DO something on the weekend?'


It certainly isn't wrong as long as you don't let it ruin your relationship. We're mainly focused on relationship breaking issues I think as our topic of interest here. It sounds like you give him prior notice and not just say "get off the stupid game and pay attention to me you idiot" kind of thing. My RL is also becoming more important than gaming, and my boyfriend (24, I'm 20 now) is less of a gamer, and I often give him advice on the games he plays at my dorm. We'll both play the game but a prerequisite to our relationship is that it isn't online and we actually go out and do things every now and then.

If you man makes the game more important than you, then yes it becomes more of an issue but if you're both okay with him playing and you wanting to go out more, then you've formed a healthy compromise I think. There isn't that ultimatum of choosing "the game or me". I actually was just joking with my bf "oh you'd rather play with the game than with me" (jokingly quoting an episode of Felicia Day's "The Guild") and he turned around saying that's the complete opposite /blush (then I told him to keep playing so I could work on a take home final haha).

Overall, if it causes problems in the relationship or you feel guilty about it, then talk it out calmly and try to find a solution that doesn't break the relationship. Feel free to share any concerns here, I've seen everyone on this thread offering pretty clear and rational advice.

Side note: anyone can feel free to pm me, as a psych major listening to people is kinda my niche and I can always reference different theories or common methods used to resolve different situations. My life is made of analysis and I often find getting new perspectives really does wonders for solving problems rationally. As long as they're fairly objective perspectives haha.
#157 Dec 13 2010 at 5:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
31 posts
From a guy's perspective:

Granted that I am not always the all-nighter type, I think it would be good for me to have a bit more Real Life every now and again. I have to second Solaine's advice here, it is important to talk to your guy about this. Keep the lines of communication open. Do not turn into the girlfriend or wife that silently suffers (that needlessly harms you) or makes ultimatums (or harms him). Do talk about it, and be prepared and have specific ideas- *what* you want to do, and how you want to do it. Be prepared to compromise on the less important things, but also know what things you will not compromise on. This helps.

That said, once the baby comes many things will change. *grin*

I can understand computer burnout, too. When I was doing something similar, it got to me, as well. I ended up playing on the weekends, with a few short hours here and there during the week. The rest of my time I spent outside with my camera, or reading books, and so on... I was less social online than I am now, but even then there were those I had to /tell "Hey, I'm not going to be on as much for a while, I'll let you know the new schedule."

As a non-hardcore player, I am not perturbed when I hear "gtg, baby needs changing" or the like. There are a few parents in my LS, and several of us on limited play schedules due to Real Life Gremlins. Some folks manage to make it look easy. And yes, I am insanely jealous of such people. *grin*

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 3:12pm by pigiron
#158 Dec 13 2010 at 10:38 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Married for 5+ years to a non-gamer. Not really a problem because she has so many other hobbies and friends. It's the girls that have no friends or hobbies that you have to watch out for. They want your attention 24/7 and that is just a recipe for insanity.

We have 4 kids, including 5-year old triplets. I can say first hand that games are healthy for a developing child's mind. They need to get outdoors (appreciate nature), and they need to play with actual toys (spatial relations), but after those prerequisites are statisfied, games offer a multitude of lessons that kids can learn from at an earlier age than ever before. Reading foremost. Math and money management as well.

If you're still with me here's a cute story:
My 5 year old son is sitting on the bed playing a flash game, Castle Crashers on my wife's laptop. Suddenly, he jumps up and runs off. Hmm? He never quits in the middle of a game, so what is he up to? I follow him downstairs to the other PC. By the time I get there, he is already running back upstairs. What was he doing? I find YouTube up and he has Googled "Castle Crashers level 3". Really? So I walk back upstairs just in time to hear him shout, "I DID IT!".

Sure enough, he had gone to find the solution to level 3, and then used it to complete the level. Did I mention he is 5 years old?

What does that mean for the next generation? That they will not learn how figure out solutions themselves? Does Google make things too easy? Sad fact is, for the most part in life, it's the results that count. At any rate, the next generation of kids has even more infomation available than we did. Scary.
#159 Dec 13 2010 at 4:36 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
So hey guys, new story from you: live feed! No really, this is still kinda just happening and we can't come to a choice.

I figured "oh hey, gamestop is selling ffxiv for pc for $30. Why don't we both just buy it and play it on my pc whenever we can since it's free to play until ps3 release. Then on ps3 release, we can just buy one copy and download it to both our ps3s and play on that." This way I can play now (since I'm getting highly impatient) and I won't be a ps3 noob that can't play with her pc friends because they're all lvl capped. My mom is also fine with us using her computer as well as mine so he and I can play together at my house during the break. So I call my boyfriend and pitch the idea. He's all iffy about it, even if I buy both pc copies (which he doesn't want me to do for some reason. Now mind you I'm super cheap and tend to never spend money).

So He's saying he'd rather just wait so we start with awesome graphics and a completed game. Plus he'd only get to play once or twice a week, when he visits me (since he has work) and even then he wants to spend time with me, not just play the game..... Which I'm fine with it's just I'm usually busy with school so I have him play games anyway. My argument is basically that it doesn't matter too much since it's free anyway and at least we can lvl a bit so we're not stuck fighting for mobs on the day of ps3 release.

So it's wait or test my pc and see if it'll run it, and play now. Thoughts? And thoughts on the disagreement between my man and me?

I couldn't put in a working poll T.T but help me out plz!

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 5:50pm by Solaine
#160 Dec 13 2010 at 4:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
Solaine wrote:
I figured "oh hey, gamestop is selling ffxiv for pc for $30. Why don't we both just buy it and play it on my pc whenever we can since it's free to play until ps3 release. Then on ps3 release, we can just buy one copy and download it to both our ps3s and play on that."


There's only one problem with that. You can't buy one PS3 copy and use it, you have to buy two separate copies since SE is requiring that you have a separate registration key for each account. So in total you would be buying four copies of the game. Also keep in mind that the game will probably be full price for the PS3 when it comes out. So if you buy two copies of the PC version, that's $60 right there. If you buy two copies for the PS3 at full price, that's another $120 you're looking at. If you have that kind of cash available, then I don't see why not.

Also my source for needing two separate copies is the FFXIV PC manual, listed under "How do I play the game on a different platform?" section. You're going to need a separate registration key for every platform you play on sadly.
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#161 Dec 13 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
Lantesh wrote:
Solaine wrote:
I figured "oh hey, gamestop is selling ffxiv for pc for $30. Why don't we both just buy it and play it on my pc whenever we can since it's free to play until ps3 release. Then on ps3 release, we can just buy one copy and download it to both our ps3s and play on that."


There's only one problem with that. You can't buy one PS3 copy and use it, you have to buy two separate copies since SE is requiring that you have a separate registration key for each account. So in total you would be buying four copies of the game. Also keep in mind that the game will probably be full price for the PS3 when it comes out. So if you buy two copies of the PC version, that's $60 right there. If you buy two copies for the PS3 at full price, that's another $120 you're looking at. If you have that kind of cash available, then I don't see why not.

Also my source for needing two separate copies is the FFXIV PC manual, listed under "How do I play the game on a different platform?" section. You're going to need a separate registration key for every platform you play on sadly.


Really, a different key with the seperate platform? My friend playing since alpha said once I have an account I can log on on any platform. We'd have the separate registration keys from buying the PC version and then just log in on ps3 using our account user names and passwords from the pc versions. The ps3 disks would just be to install the game on the platforms.

Oh and ps3 version is pre-ordered. Unfortunately that was my birthday gift from my parents....

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 5:56pm by Solaine
#162 Dec 13 2010 at 5:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
Solaine wrote:
Lantesh wrote:
Solaine wrote:
I figured "oh hey, gamestop is selling ffxiv for pc for $30. Why don't we both just buy it and play it on my pc whenever we can since it's free to play until ps3 release. Then on ps3 release, we can just buy one copy and download it to both our ps3s and play on that."


There's only one problem with that. You can't buy one PS3 copy and use it, you have to buy two separate copies since SE is requiring that you have a separate registration key for each account. So in total you would be buying four copies of the game. Also keep in mind that the game will probably be full price for the PS3 when it comes out. So if you buy two copies of the PC version, that's $60 right there. If you buy two copies for the PS3 at full price, that's another $120 you're looking at. If you have that kind of cash available, then I don't see why not.

Also my source for needing two separate copies is the FFXIV PC manual, listed under "How do I play the game on a different platform?" section. You're going to need a separate registration key for every platform you play on sadly.


Really, a different key with the seperate platform? My friend playing since alpha said once I have an account I can log on on any platform. We'd have the separate registration keys from buying the PC version and then just log in on ps3 using our account user names and passwords from the pc versions. The ps3 disks would just be to install the game on the platforms.

Oh and ps3 version is pre-ordered. Unfortunately that was my birthday gift from my parents....

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 5:56pm by Solaine



Yeah, I can see why your friend would say that. Actually, I'm sure most people thought that it was going to work that way. That's how it worked in FFXI. You could just snag a friend's copy and install it while still using only one registration key per account no matter what platform you played on. It seems that this time though SE is forcing the issue. It may be subject to change in the future, but for now it is printed in the manual itself. It also gives instructions on how to add each key to your account under your service options for each platform, so I'm not sure if that's going to change to be honest.

Edit: I'd like to say though that my intentions aren't to dissuade you from playing with your boyfriend. I'm the kind of person that likes to have all the info up front and know what I'm getting into rather then finding out about it at the last second. If you have the funds to play with him, then **** yeah, go for it.

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 3:13pm by Lantesh
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#163 Dec 13 2010 at 5:22 PM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
Yeah I played XI for 4 years so one night that same friend was hanging out and did a Dynamis run on my PC (he played on ps2). I just read it on lodestone too, but it isn't clear. Do the registration keys have to be different? This is sooo ***. I doubt it'll change. See I'm just assuming that since it's still 3 months from the original release date, it'll be at least 6 until it's ACTUALLY released, and that's minimum. So even if we do buy the PC version AND ps3, It'd be like we're paying a subscription fee for 2 months and getting the rest of the unknown span of time for free. We'd be buying the ps3 versions anyway. Idk, my bf is christmas shopping now. I wish I could talk to him seriously about it.

I REALLY want to just get started because I mean, come on the first few lvls are always just like a day of grinding anyway and all. Plus to pay the 30 dollars each is like playing for 2 months and getting however many months until the ps3 release for free.
#164 Dec 13 2010 at 5:33 PM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
Update: He and I are now fighting for the opposite points because he has good reasons for wanting to wait so I said we'll wait but he wants to make me happy so he wants to get it now. We can't win.
#165 Dec 13 2010 at 5:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
That's true. The PS3 launch is pretty far off now due to the recently announced delay and the game is basically free to play right now. I would say that if the two of you are serious about playing, then I would say jump in right now. The Starlight event is just around the corner, and the new patch is coming in two days. Yeah, the game is lacking in many areas, but if you want to get started I'd say go for it.

Also in regards to your boyfriend's concerns about the graphics, I'm running on a system that doesn't even meet the minimum specs, and it looks just fine to me. I'm using a 8800GTX and here's a few shots I took in game using the setting on standard:

In game shot overlooking the ferry docks in Thanalan.

In game shot of Ishgard in Coerthas from afar.

You will have to tweak your settings depending on the PC you use, but as you can see, if you get your settings just right the game can look quite good even if you don't meet the specs.
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#166 Dec 13 2010 at 5:58 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Thanks for all the useful info! Well he ended up saying we'll play it because I want to and he let slip that he doesn't want me to gripe on it that he's keeping me from playing (this dude makes a lot of assumptions. We've been together 2 months and he assumed my pc *used for xi and updated/built by myself as I made my first pc in 7th grade >.> I am nerd girl win thank you very much!* wouldn't run the game AND that I'd gripe. Please I preordered Dead Space 2 CE and have plenty of games I can play for hours on end).

I said we won't play because I want to play with him more than play now. BUT I DO REALLY WANT TO PLAY. So I said even if he doesn't want to play now, I could play anyway and be DoH or something. He said then I'd still be far ahead of him and he'd be playing catch up. I explained no and that it'd help him have awesome stuff that I'd synth instead of him having to buy if he can't synth it himself.

Those pics look amazing. God I'm so tempted. But we planned a release date date. And we really want to start the game together, so I'll hold out if he really wants to wait. Sadly....
#167 Dec 13 2010 at 6:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
Hey no problem. I'll say one more thing in regards to your boyfriend's comment about "catching up". I realize it's generally lame to quote ones self, but I already addressed that point earlier in this thread:

Quote:
I'm not sure why that would keep you from playing on your own, physical level really doesn't mean much at all in this game. All it is is basically the merit system from XI that you get from rank 1. It also has caps on it per rank, so it's not like you will be one-shotting things if you change to a lower ranked class.

To give an example, one of my friends is waiting for her boyfriend to play with us come PS3 launch. She still plays often and now has physical level 31. All she's done is set aside a few classes that she wants to play with him when he finally gets in game. Her physical level isn't really going to effect her ability to play with him at all. I also have a LS member who is physical level 50. She has no problems playing with the lower rank members who have a physical rank of 14. I have physical level 38 and save my lancer class (rank 12) to play with the lower members myself.

In that regard, I would say that it's exactly like XI where you can just set aside a class or two to play with her. She won't need to play catch up since your class rank is more important than your physical level.


I realize it's a bit out of context for your specific situation (as I was addressing someone else in that post), but I think it still fits in a general sense. All you would need to do is set aside some classes to play with him later on, he wouldn't have to catch up to you at all.

However, it's ultimately up to the two if you if you want to play now or wait. Good luck on whatever you two decide on. :)
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#168 Dec 13 2010 at 6:33 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Yeah I figure if I get sick of waiting or they release a ridiculous launch date and I want to play a fighting class i'll play mage since he wants to be mage class and i prefer melee. He doesn't get the system as well as i do as i played XI but we'll be fine either way. neither of us wants to fight over silly things but I say if this is the worst we fight about, I'm pretty darn happy. Anyway I should really focus on him more since I'm still not quite used to a relationship... It's been a while since I've dated...
#169 Dec 14 2010 at 1:51 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
73 posts
My wife despises this game, (and FFXI), she cant stand the amount of time that I put into it and has threatened to divorce me several times over the issue. Now, before there is a chorus of "dump that *****" from the gamers in this thread, there is one thing that I would like to point out... My wife is incredible. She is smart, funny and beautiful and she puts up with an enormous amount of crap from me. The reason that we are married is that we have so much in common and truly believe that we understand each other better than anybody else could. With that being said, we have our differences. She is not a gamer and thinks it's pointless endeavor. I have been playing video games since PONG and will always be a gamer. What I have found is that there has to be some give and take. I can't imperiously demand that she not bother me while I pour countless hours into ranking up. Conversely, she can't impose draconian measures upon me that would force me to spend less hours playing the game. We both love each other and we can both see that some sort of compromise needs to be reached because of that love. So, in the end, I play my game; she doesn't like it. Therefore I consciously stay away at times and dedicate my time to things that she likes to do. It's all about balance and if you are with the right person,this balance can be achieved. I hope this helps the OP in some way. Sorry for the rambling post but this topic really hit home for me.
____________________________




#170 Dec 14 2010 at 1:58 PM Rating: Default
The One and Only FinalFanXIV wrote:
...

"Videogames kill your imagination and make you stupid" in her brain this is FACT

...



IMO it is. While gaming you only focus on doing this and that, but get no time to think about life and such.
(its definetly not making you stupid, pff women...)
#171 Dec 14 2010 at 3:14 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Solaine wrote:
Yeah I played XI for 4 years so one night that same friend was hanging out and did a Dynamis run on my PC (he played on ps2). I just read it on lodestone too, but it isn't clear. Do the registration keys have to be different? This is sooo ***. I doubt it'll change. See I'm just assuming that since it's still 3 months from the original release date, it'll be at least 6 until it's ACTUALLY released, and that's minimum. So even if we do buy the PC version AND ps3, It'd be like we're paying a subscription fee for 2 months and getting the rest of the unknown span of time for free. We'd be buying the ps3 versions anyway. Idk, my bf is christmas shopping now. I wish I could talk to him seriously about it.

I REALLY want to just get started because I mean, come on the first few lvls are always just like a day of grinding anyway and all. Plus to pay the 30 dollars each is like playing for 2 months and getting however many months until the ps3 release for free.



As far as I know every copy has to be registered for any console you use. so for PC you have to purchase the upgrades and what not for all your accounts. You can play the game on anyone who has a registered copy of the game.
#172 Dec 14 2010 at 3:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
Speeral wrote:
Solaine wrote:
Yeah I played XI for 4 years so one night that same friend was hanging out and did a Dynamis run on my PC (he played on ps2). I just read it on lodestone too, but it isn't clear. Do the registration keys have to be different? This is sooo ***. I doubt it'll change. See I'm just assuming that since it's still 3 months from the original release date, it'll be at least 6 until it's ACTUALLY released, and that's minimum. So even if we do buy the PC version AND ps3, It'd be like we're paying a subscription fee for 2 months and getting the rest of the unknown span of time for free. We'd be buying the ps3 versions anyway. Idk, my bf is christmas shopping now. I wish I could talk to him seriously about it.

I REALLY want to just get started because I mean, come on the first few lvls are always just like a day of grinding anyway and all. Plus to pay the 30 dollars each is like playing for 2 months and getting however many months until the ps3 release for free.



As far as I know every copy has to be registered for any console you use. so for PC you have to purchase the upgrades and what not for all your accounts. You can play the game on anyone who has a registered copy of the game.


Oh wait but can you have 2 separate accounts on one PC and only buy one copy? Like since if we were to play he'd have to use my PC but we'd need two separate accounts to play at the same time on our ps3s
#173 Dec 15 2010 at 7:44 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Solaine wrote:
Speeral wrote:
Solaine wrote:
Yeah I played XI for 4 years so one night that same friend was hanging out and did a Dynamis run on my PC (he played on ps2). I just read it on lodestone too, but it isn't clear. Do the registration keys have to be different? This is sooo ***. I doubt it'll change. See I'm just assuming that since it's still 3 months from the original release date, it'll be at least 6 until it's ACTUALLY released, and that's minimum. So even if we do buy the PC version AND ps3, It'd be like we're paying a subscription fee for 2 months and getting the rest of the unknown span of time for free. We'd be buying the ps3 versions anyway. Idk, my bf is christmas shopping now. I wish I could talk to him seriously about it.

I REALLY want to just get started because I mean, come on the first few lvls are always just like a day of grinding anyway and all. Plus to pay the 30 dollars each is like playing for 2 months and getting however many months until the ps3 release for free.



As far as I know every copy has to be registered for any console you use. so for PC you have to purchase the upgrades and what not for all your accounts. You can play the game on anyone who has a registered copy of the game.


Oh wait but can you have 2 separate accounts on one PC and only buy one copy? Like since if we were to play he'd have to use my PC but we'd need two separate accounts to play at the same time on our ps3s



Yes you can play two entirely separate accounts on one PC, just have to have two copies of the game registered. for every single account you have to have the appropriate codes for the game registered. However, if say in your home you have 3 PC's you can install the client on all 3 systems no problem and play. Same would go for PS3.


#174 Dec 15 2010 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
CroBudi wrote:
The One and Only FinalFanXIV wrote:
...

"Videogames kill your imagination and make you stupid" in her brain this is FACT

...



IMO it is. While gaming you only focus on doing this and that, but get no time to think about life and such.
(its definetly not making you stupid, pff women...)

IMO it is. While reading you only focus on comprehending this and that, but get no time to think about life and such.
(its definetly not making you stupid, pff alla...
IMO it is. While at the movies you only focus on watching this and that, but get no time to think about life and such.
(its definetly not making you stupid, pff internet...
IMO it is. While ************ you only focus on stroking this and that, but get no time to think about life and such.
(its definetly not making you stupid, pff rule of three...
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#175 Dec 15 2010 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
My biggest problem is that my wifes hobbies are all outside ones, and with the exception of autoracing mine are all inside ones. When I don't game I'm reading a book or watching a movie (she generally doesn't prefer the same movies I do, though I've turned her on to quite a few flicks she would have never watched... sadly I can't get past Mario Party or Monopoly with her).

Maybe it's because I've always had a hard physical outside job, and she's always been a desk jockey of sorts. My relaxation comes from releasing my frustrations mindlessly on mobs or others in an FPS, and when I'm feeling tactical I enjoy a deep RTS.

She likes to talk alot, and I'm a one word kinda guy when it's not written. I've always been a good listener, but never a great conversationalist unless I'm drinking or something.

So ultimately I'm screwed. Don't get me wrong, I obviously love my wife for multiple reasons. We'll just never be on the same recreational level.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#176 Jan 30 2011 at 6:23 PM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
Haha I get what you mean on the talking thing. I like short exchanges like a debate in voice but am fine reading an essay... it's just hard to keep my thoughts organized and pay attention in a way that I don't forget what I want to say next. My bf on the other hand likes to give lengthy lengthy explanations because he's apparently used to talking to people who are.... not so bright.... and I'm set on grad school with all my heart.... Not very dull.... We both hate when people cut us off so he gets annoyed when we talk because when he takes a long pause I think he's finished and start talking.... but alas.... I'm horribly mistaken.... And as I just started talking and it's obvious I'm not finished, I get annoyed...

But we're new, we like the same things, we work well together, we like each other, we'll figure some balance out. It's not easy to put up with other people in such a close manner.... Sorry for such a delayed post.
#177 Jan 30 2011 at 6:51 PM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
^ holy necro posts batman
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#178 Jan 30 2011 at 7:03 PM Rating: Good
**
395 posts
Never had issues as long as I follow a set schedule, what I do is never put gaming above real life, but point out that during this given time frame I want time to myself to play some games.

Pretty much it's my raid schedule, and I say that during those 3 nights or so of the week I'm gonna be playing those, which lets her watch her netflix or girl shows and have control of the TV.

We've both played together but ended up being into different games. Ie, she played FFXI for 8 years, I played for a couple then went to WoW. She goes to FFXIV, and ends up going to WoW in disappointment and I end up playing instead. (Actually in that regard she made the character, because together we bought one copy, but she couldn't stand the game past level 10 so I finished the grind to 50).

When we play together its fun, but I think it works out better doing different games sometimes. Because I'll say that when you go to a coffee shop together and end up talking about your raids, you start to realize how lame that is. Although she does like me to keep my TS on my speakers because she laughs at the people on my TS. Sometimes at me in the way of "Hah you sound so serious when your giving your orders to them".

Y'all may not realize how professional, or emotional, or structured you may appear while playing the game and talking over TS. Apparently you show a different side of yourself sometimes :D
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#179 Jan 30 2011 at 7:18 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
My Gf is awesome about not giving me a hard time for wanting to spend downtime gaming - would rather do that a lot of the time than hang out with real people - and honestly I don't see why not XD
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#180 Jan 30 2011 at 8:46 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
21 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
When it comes to gaming (or anything else that is part of your life), ask yourself how important it is to you on a scale of 1-10 and stick to prospective dates who are no further than 1-2 points away from that.


Just performed this test with my girlfriend. We are staying together, joy!
____________________________
FFXI : Nightbringer : Asura : THF 75 NIN WAR RNG 37


#181 Jan 30 2011 at 9:33 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
Man my gf used to get so mad at me when I would be gaming late night during my FFXI days, we'd get into a lot of fights...but she wasn't in the wrong and had a legitimate concern, but I never really thought about getting her into the game and how much that would've helped things...now I want her to play this game with me but her laptop she recently bought cannot handle this..so we where waiting for the PS3 release..and now that's unknown...
____________________________




1 2 3 4 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)