Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

An ORIGINAL idea how to improve Markets WardsFollow

#1 Dec 07 2010 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
*
164 posts
I just read the interview about how SE is on the fence about the auction house (causes deflation) and adding a search option. In the Market Place, there are 2 sections, Inbetween is a little area where we used to teleport in/out from. In that area is a Message board graphic of some sort.

What if SE designed the search option so that you teleport to a certain ward, click on that message board, and it listed all of the items that were available in that particular ward?

It isn't as convenient as an Auction House, but it would bypass everyone going for the cheapest price for a certain item (Which SE is trying to avoid).

What do you think?

Edited, Dec 7th 2010 10:06am by tmproff
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#2 Dec 07 2010 at 9:22 AM Rating: Excellent
**
845 posts
There should be no trick or gimmick that tries to mask the actual value of items. Supply and demand should determine price. Auction houses work. No need to brainstorm for ideas when the correct idea is already right in front of us.
____________________________

#3 Dec 07 2010 at 9:26 AM Rating: Good
*
164 posts
As a buyer, I want the lowest price, but as a crafter / seller, I don't want to have to worry about a player next to me selling the same item for 1 gill less. If an AH was in place, which one would you buy, the one for 5000 gill or the one for 4999?

I think the idividual should have the right to compete with entire guilds that are both creating the same item.

On the other hand, I do think most people are overpricing their items. An aldegot horn shouldn't be selling for 10k gill :)

Edited, Dec 7th 2010 10:28am by tmproff
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#4 Dec 07 2010 at 9:30 AM Rating: Excellent
**
845 posts
tmproff wrote:
As a buyer, I want the lowest price, but as a crafter / seller, I don't want to have to worry about a player next to me selling the same item for 1 gill less. If an AH was in place, which one would you buy, the one for 5000 gill or the one for 4999?

I think the idividual should have the right to compete with entire guilds that are both creating the same item.


So making a cumbersome time consuming system to buy and sell favors the seller and an auction house which is quick and efficent favors the buyer. as a person with 7 crafts between 18-22 I will choose the system that favors the buyer.
____________________________

#5 Dec 07 2010 at 9:39 AM Rating: Excellent
**
451 posts
If everyone uses YG and ffxivpro they will be able to look at prices and undercut anyhow, so might as well just give us the AH and stop ******* around.
#6 Dec 07 2010 at 9:39 AM Rating: Good
*
164 posts
I totally see your point of course, as a crafter, I'm constantly trying to find mats that I cannot make myself. An Auction House would benefit me greatly in that respect. I'm worried about the future when the market has matured and people are having a hard time selling their wares.

Don't get me wrong, I see both sides of the coin on this one...just encouraging discussion.
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#7 Dec 07 2010 at 9:43 AM Rating: Excellent
*
116 posts
Having these message boards per ward is an interesting concept. From what I've gathered from previous SE information I imagine the to-be-implimented search feature working as such:

The Player clicks on an NPC at a counter (or message board) either at the entrance to the wards (or maybe per ward).
This displays a list of available items in the wards (or specific ward). The player than proceeds to click on the items they are interested in which adds the items to a shopping list of sorts.
When the player is finished and confirms their shopping list, icons appear next to the names of retainers that are currently selling the items that the player is interested in. These icons would only be seen by that player (obviously).
From there the player is free to compare prices and purchase from the retainers as the system works now.

I'm sure this system is somewhat flawed and not possibly the best way to do it but it makes sense to me.
____________________________
FFXIV :: Valdai Devarda \ Lindblum Sargatanas "The Thread Closer"
.............................................................................................................
#8 Dec 07 2010 at 11:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,842 posts
Quote:
What if SE designed the search option so that you teleport to a certain ward, click on that message board, and it listed all of the items that were available in that particular ward?
Sorry but just sounds like a browse in an Auction House.

Quote:
If everyone uses YG and ffxivpro they will be able to look at prices and undercut anyhow, so might as well just give us the AH and stop ******* around.
I shouldn't have to use a third party website to find in game items, it's just not right.

I say just have an Auction House to sell normal items then use retainers to sell HQ / Unique. Add a player search function w/ comments boxes and add a mail system then maybe we can start to move forward instead of reverse.
____________________________
FFXIV Dyvid (Awaiting 2.0)
FFXI Dyvid ~ Pandemonium (Retired)
SWTOR Dy'vid Legacy - Canderous Ordo
#9 Dec 07 2010 at 11:23 AM Rating: Excellent
*
139 posts
dyvidd wrote:
Quote:
What if SE designed the search option so that you teleport to a certain ward, click on that message board, and it listed all of the items that were available in that particular ward?
Sorry but just sounds like a browse in an Auction House.


I agree. That sounds exactly like your normal AH except that this one takes longer to load and much much much harder to buy different items.
#10 Dec 07 2010 at 11:27 AM Rating: Good
*
164 posts
The difference is, an AH would display sales for all retainers in all cities on the server. The message board would only display sales for the market ward that you are currently in.
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#11 Dec 07 2010 at 11:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
@tmp

i hate to say it but your idea is no where near original, look at the other threads on this that are all over the place

the basic idea we are all thinking at this point if a search gets added, is that it will tell you which ward and which npc has the item you want, but nothing beyond that(and thats what i hope happens myself)

itl promote people using the correct wards, since you dont actualy have to go into wards to find items anymore beyond that
and that in itself is a massive improvement
____________________________


#12 Dec 07 2010 at 11:29 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
UncleRuckusForLife wrote:
There should be no trick or gimmick that tries to mask the actual value of items. Supply and demand should determine price. Auction houses work. No need to brainstorm for ideas when the correct idea is already right in front of us.
This. SE shouldn't be spending time dancing around the issue, this is what needs to be done.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#13 Dec 07 2010 at 11:30 AM Rating: Decent
**
473 posts
This was my idea in another thread about the market wards, its a hybrid system. Its intuitive and simple and not a time sink unless you want it to be. But even if SE was to look at something like this they'd mess it up anyways.


You want the current system to work there is a very easy and simple solution. Have 1-2 NPC's in each city that will search the wards for you for the item you are looking for. Once it hits the search and brings your results it will offer to call up up to five retainer npc's for you to look at their prices. If you do not like the prices you can summon up another 5 npc's to you and view their prices. Add the feature to look back at the other npc's if you need and that you cannot pull up more than say 20 npc's in a single search.

That will give people an idea of values and see variances between prices and go with item they want

this solves just about everything we are experiencing
its quick
easy
time efficient
does not make crafters irrelevant just competitive

also to avoid lag have a few spots within the city

if something like this wouldn't work than I truly believe there is no saving
any selling system with out hurting crafters or having market wards.

No system will be perfect, people will always find a way to take advantage of the system or any system to get ahead.
Its part of MMO culture that some players just want to have the best gear, most money, and every achievement. Some are honest players some aren't and them coupled with RMT they will do anything to get ahead.

The system I proposed is logical, easy to make work, would take very little development, and keep crafting and the market wards relevant. Its my opinion and I think its a fairly sane and logical idea.
#14 Dec 07 2010 at 1:14 PM Rating: Excellent
*
138 posts
OR, we just have an AH.

Easy, simple, would bring players back, keep frustrated ones and invigorate the economy.

I enjoy browsing an AH for similar items, I hate wandering round the wards looking at 12 moko grass for 5k. This isn't real life, it's supposed to be fun.

They've already admitted they might back-pedal in the china interview, because they know it makes sense.

I don't think it's about punishing buyers or helping sellers either. Both are punished at the moment with a backward system. Buyers can't find wares they want and it's a lottery if someone can actually be bothered to browse you as a seller, even more of a lotto to find the thing they are looking for on you.

Buyers can't buy, sellers can't sell. Dumb system for 2011.

We want stuff and we want it now. It's the way it works these days. yes, We're all spoilt brats, but paying ones, so add an AH. Done
#15 Dec 07 2010 at 1:20 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
KuroGawatwo wrote:
OR, we just have an AH.

Easy, simple, would bring players back, keep frustrated ones and invigorate the economy.

I enjoy browsing an AH for similar items, I hate wandering round the wards looking at 12 moko grass for 5k. This isn't real life, it's supposed to be fun.

They've already admitted they might back-pedal in the china interview, because they know it makes sense.

I don't think it's about punishing buyers or helping sellers either. Both are punished at the moment with a backward system. Buyers can't find wares they want and it's a lottery if someone can actually be bothered to browse you as a seller, even more of a lotto to find the thing they are looking for on you.

Buyers can't buy, sellers can't sell. Dumb system for 2011.

We want stuff and we want it now. It's the way it works these days. yes, We're all spoilt brats, but paying ones, so add an AH. Done



Good point and whole heartedly deep down I do agree. An ah system would give everyone a chance to buy and sell things. My post was more for ok if SE doesn't want to implement an ah system here's a half way point. I just don't see the fuss of having an ah.

In XI i was an end game smither made everything . . . .
I followed the market and had no trouble what so ever making currency to fund leveling ranger pre nerf.

Now not to start an epic battle, but XIV needs some elements in the game that allow for instant gratification for all players types. Because just hitting level 20 for no reason except to hit 25 at this point is mediocre considering the current gaming culture.

Make things like buying/selling/crafting easy and engaging. I understand massive time sinks are in here bc SE needs time to develop more content. However,us the player paying the price will inevitably leave SE with a really small player base.

I really hope some aggressive moves are made on SE's part, and logical, and gamer/player oriented.
#16 Dec 07 2010 at 1:26 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
want to improve the market wards? Get rid of them and add an AH. 100% improvement.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#17 Dec 07 2010 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
*
138 posts
Quote:
Make things like buying/selling/crafting easy and engaging. I understand massive time sinks are in here bc SE needs time to develop more content. However,us the player paying the price will inevitably leave SE with a really small player base.

I really hope some aggressive moves are made on SE's part, and logical, and gamer/player oriented.


Agree 100% mate. I think SE probably do too, they just don't want to admit it yet for some reason.
#18 Dec 07 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
KuroGawatwo wrote:
Quote:
Make things like buying/selling/crafting easy and engaging. I understand massive time sinks are in here bc SE needs time to develop more content. However,us the player paying the price will inevitably leave SE with a really small player base.

I really hope some aggressive moves are made on SE's part, and logical, and gamer/player oriented.


Agree 100% mate. I think SE probably do too, they just don't want to admit it yet for some reason.



Heck with admittance, suck up the pride, and just fix these issues. Make the game player friendly. No one wants to playing market ward obstacle course. If the system or variation are not working or going to scrap and make a AH. Shutdown the game if need be and re-launch in march or later if need be.

Sadly I would be in support of shutting down the system and go straight back into further development. Get the duck in a row and re-release.

Then again I have no clue how investors would feel, I know if SE did that and came out with something polished all fans and the rest of the player base would be supper supportive and appreciative. Why I say this is because it will instill the feeling, for the most part that the user was taken into consideration.
#19 Dec 08 2010 at 9:28 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
UncleRuckusForLife wrote:
There should be no trick or gimmick that tries to mask the actual value of items. Supply and demand should determine price. Auction houses work. No need to brainstorm for ideas when the correct idea is already right in front of us.


Totally agree. Currently, the value of equipment and items is undeterminable, because there is no market standard. Competitive trade is what sets the scales of economy, and will fluctuate. IRL I can search online for the best deals on games or DVDs as an example, before I make a purchase. That way you know you are paying a suitable amount. Retailers also use this function to know what their goods are worth, so they know they are not over pricing.
____________________________


#20 Dec 08 2010 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
*
106 posts
I've been thinking along the same lines as the OP. Basically, they would be mini-auction houses, one in each ward.
I agree that a full-blown AH would be much better, but I just don't see SE scrapping a broken system they've already developed. Each "MAH" would only allow relative items to that ward to go up for bid/sale.
This might solve a couple of problems:

- The time consumption of finding one item you're looking for.
- People selling the wrong items in a particular ward.
- SE wouldn't have to scrap a system that I don't think they're going to scrap anyway.
- This would allow sellers to know a good average of what items are currently going for.
- This would allow buyers to purchase items at competitive pricing.
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)