Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

now i got it !Follow

#1 Dec 09 2010 at 10:54 PM Rating: Default
**
608 posts
one reason people are not having fun with ffxiv is because deep down you hate starting from scratch.
if you been playing another mmo you have a character with pertty much everything you need and you can do anything, then you play a new mmo, now you have that white canvas in front of you without many tools to work with.
#2 Dec 09 2010 at 10:57 PM Rating: Good
***
2,169 posts
not having fun b/c it's still a beta product right now. If you think of it as a beta where you get to keep your character when the game launches in March, then you'll start enjoying it more. It's all about perspective :)

____________________________
FFXIV - Currently Playing on Selbina Server
Name: Itachi Akatsuki (THM)
LS: UnitedBBQ

www.guildwork.com - best guildhosting site period

FFXI - Pingpong - Retired 2007
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?6988
75rng | 75nin | 75blm | working on RDM
RNG Gration solo: http://pingpongwww.livejournal.com/15532.html
#3 Dec 09 2010 at 11:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
283 posts
mitmystria wrote:
one reason people are not having fun with ffxiv is because deep down you hate starting from scratch.
if you been playing another mmo you have a character with pertty much everything you need and you can do anything, then you play a new mmo, now you have that white canvas in front of you without many tools to work with.


I have played 9 mmo's everytime I had to start out from lvl 1. Why would I have a problem with it now? Why must it be "You are doing it wrong" Or "You are trying to play for too long." Or now. "You just don't like starting over." Why not look at whats really wrong with the game. No content, bad system for selling/buying goods, A repair system that feels like a slap in the face and last but not least a party system that seems to hate partys. I love how people think there must be something wrong with you when you find fault in a game. It's evon better when you are just one in thousands of people thatsee the same faults in the game.
#4 Dec 09 2010 at 11:20 PM Rating: Decent
People should stop trying to make excuses for the game.

The reason people are not having fun is because the game is just not fun.

The only white canvas I can see is the list of content the game currently has.

As far as not having tools to work with you're wrong. SE gave us alot of tools. hammers, frying pans, sewing needles, hatchets, pickaxes....the list could almost go on forever.


Personally I LOVE starting a new MMO. But this...I can't even find the words...

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 12:49am by theSubligaravenger
____________________________

Does hating a game I wanted to love make me a troll?
or does trying to love a game I hate make me a white knight?
#5 Dec 09 2010 at 11:28 PM Rating: Decent
27 posts
Quote:
The reason people are not having fun is because the game is just not fun.


As the above stated, he/she is correct 100%. I myself am waiting to see what they do on Decembers patch and praying that it will revive my excitement for the game. It has potential, great great potential! As for now ide rather punch myself in the balls repeatedly than log in.

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 12:29am by Pyro2580

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 12:29am by Pyro2580
#6 Dec 09 2010 at 11:44 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Yeah... starting from scratch is not the reason that people are not having fun with FFXIV. I don't even know where to start; this seems like a troll post, honestly.

Every different game is a different game; it would make no sense to think that, because you already leveled in a game, every game you play from that point onward should start you off at the maximum level.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#7namasy, Posted: Dec 09 2010 at 11:52 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) **** do poeple still play this game?? most boring mmo to date 4/10 rating say all!!
#8 Dec 10 2010 at 12:02 AM Rating: Excellent
**
429 posts
I started out with FFXI as my first MMO, and I've had no problem starting from scratch in WOW, Aion, Dragonica, Vindictus, or like the other dozen MMOs that I've played. In fact, being fresh in an MMO is probably one of the most fun experiences for anybody. It's only after the novelty wears off that you realize the game is bad.
#9 Dec 10 2010 at 12:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
523 posts
Im sure this post will get nuked, but I truly am having fun. I have a good linkshell, and we have a good time doing leves and grinding together. /shrug
#10 Dec 10 2010 at 12:34 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
While it is true there are gonna be those who quit one game, come to another, start over only to realize, they dont wanna srart over just to go back to a game they hate(just cuz they put so much into it) that group really isnt as big as you would think it is

but it does exist, and its not exactly small. but it isnt anything so big its worth talking about.


those are players i commonly refer to as "tourists" cuz they usualy dont learn their lesson and do it multiple times
____________________________


#11 Dec 10 2010 at 2:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
mitmystria wrote:
one reason people are not having fun with ffxiv is because deep down you hate starting from scratch.
if you been playing another mmo you have a character with pertty much everything you need and you can do anything, then you play a new mmo, now you have that white canvas in front of you without many tools to work with.


Wow, bravo! bravo! and to think we've been pondering this for months when it was us who were the problem! lemme make a call to SE and tell them to leave the game as is, we'll probably start liking it by rank 50.
____________________________
MUTED
#12 Dec 10 2010 at 3:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,500 posts
SolidMack wrote:
mitmystria wrote:
one reason people are not having fun with ffxiv is because deep down you hate starting from scratch.
if you been playing another mmo you have a character with pertty much everything you need and you can do anything, then you play a new mmo, now you have that white canvas in front of you without many tools to work with.


Wow, bravo! bravo! and to think we've been pondering this for months when it was us who were the problem! lemme make a call to SE and tell them to leave the game as is, we'll probably start liking it by rank 50.
And even if you won't it's always possible to start with another class!

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#13 Dec 10 2010 at 6:37 AM Rating: Excellent
*
85 posts
I respectfully have to disagree with the OP. Me, like many others, actually find starting a new game very enthralling. Starting from scratch, learning the new world, getting new abilities, it's all fun. If people didn't want to start from scratch, they'd never leave the games they liked before. Sure, we all may be a little more jaded to a new game, but I do not think that it the problem with FFXIV. To each their own though, but I assume the majority vote in this case doesn't lie.
#14 Dec 10 2010 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
OP, I don't think that has anything to do with what people are complaining about. Go back and re-read the complaints, none of them have anything to do with be low-level. There are a great many legitimate issues being raised, not the least of which is that there is not much non-leve based content. The fact that the best sp comes from simple mobs that can be killed in 30 seconds or less is a huge flaw as well. The fact that you have no idea if a weapon you want is available in the market wards until after you've searched through 300 or so npcs, is frustrating to say the least. These are all very legitimate complaints that have nothing to do with what rank the player is, because they are evident at all ranks.

I guess what I'm saying is get your head out of your *** and take a look around. It's very obvious how wrong you are.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#15 Dec 10 2010 at 2:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
111 posts
you got it alright !
#16 Dec 10 2010 at 3:17 PM Rating: Decent
*
151 posts
Oh crap, that's why I'm not having fun. I didn't know we had to start from scratch. I need to get some yeast..some flour, brown sugar, maybe 2 eggs? OH yea and A REALLY BIG mixing bowl. NOW I GOT IT THAAAAaaannnnkksss...

~Here I come fun!


White Canvas? Am I painting?

Tools? Am I plumbing?

Wait, I thought I was baking? Oh now I'm confused, I don't know.

~To the bat cave we must!

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 4:20pm by SplatterPattern
____________________________


#17 Dec 10 2010 at 3:47 PM Rating: Default
**
608 posts
flamed for an opinion bet the the ones without a sig in there comment has never touched ffxiv, or they have an account to be ***** for no reason.
i hate starting from level one and i know for a fact im not the only one on earth, no matter what game it is cuz its the same old sh*t kill a few mobs gain a level till around lv10 then slowly things open up.

Quote:
OP, I don't think that has anything to do with what people are complaining about. Go back and re-read the complaints, none of them have anything to do with be low-level.

go read every forum on the internet about any game there plenty of "this game sucks", "something is OP", "something is nerfed", "what the **** are they thinking". "game is DOA", this comapany is better than this one", "graphics suck ill never play it". you name it people are *********



Edited, Dec 10th 2010 4:53pm by mitmystria
#18 Dec 10 2010 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
You need to go back and read the complaints, clearly you either haven't done that, or have some issues with reading comprehension. The thing is, there is nothing that "opens up" in this game after r10 as you say. The SP system is hosed, not as much at this point, but it still needs LOTS of tweaks. For example there is absolutely no reason to try to kill a mob that takes more than 30 seconds to kill, so we're back to a game that makes us all press 1 to win. That doesn't change past 10, in fact it gets worse after 20 or so. The market wards clearly need work, rank has nothing to do with that. There is no end game content to date, that's not even something a r10 or lower player could even speak to. The story is seriously lacking, which is something an r10 or lower player also couldn't speak to.

Really, what was the logic you used to determine that everyone complaining about the game is new to it? so far, in my experience players have been complaining more as they rank up, not less.

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 5:01pm by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#19 Dec 10 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,235 posts
OP you might want to try reading the six billion posts about what's wrong with the game in it's released and current states.
Also there are about 50 mainstream gaming reviews mirroring the players issues with the game.

I find it sad to believe a member with a 500+ post count is making troll threads but I sure hope that's the case, as the alternative reasons all involve a box of rocks, and the intelligence contained in said box.


Edited, Dec 10th 2010 5:28pm by Restyoneck
____________________________


"Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
#20 Dec 10 2010 at 5:10 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
OP, I don't think that has anything to do with what people are complaining about. Go back and re-read the complaints, none of them have anything to do with be low-level. There are a great many legitimate issues being raised, not the least of which is that there is not much non-leve based content. The fact that the best sp comes from simple mobs that can be killed in 30 seconds or less is a huge flaw as well. The fact that you have no idea if a weapon you want is available in the market wards until after you've searched through 300 or so npcs, is frustrating to say the least. These are all very legitimate complaints that have nothing to do with what rank the player is, because they are evident at all ranks.

I guess what I'm saying is get your head out of your *** and take a look around. It's very obvious how wrong you are.


I don't agree with the op but a giant amount of the complaints ARE because the player is noob. I truly believe a lot of them are too dumb to play. That's my opinion but when your complaint starts with SE didn't explain x. or I can't figure out x. Read those posts close. Dumb player I promise. If you can't figure out how that is dumb you may need to face the fact that you might also be dumb.

Bring on the related dumb people rate downs. At least I made you realize it.


#21 Dec 10 2010 at 5:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
283 posts
mitmystria wrote:
flamed for an opinion bet the the ones without a sig in there comment has never touched ffxiv, or they have an account to be ***** for no reason.
Edited, Dec 10th 2010 4:53pm by mitmystria


O.O,, Do you think before you post? or do you just start typing and hope it makes you look good?
#22 Dec 10 2010 at 6:07 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,587 posts
If starting over is the reason I don't enjoy this game, I'd just go back to FFXI or WoW. I had fun leveling in those games. Not this one. I like many aspects of the game, but there are too many issues that make the unenjoyment outweigh any kind of fun at this point.
____________________________
Harri
80BLU/80BST/76RNG/75THF/75WHM/60SCH
100+3 Bonecraft
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)