Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Management Restructuring PollFollow

#1 Dec 10 2010 at 9:52 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
This poll is based on the new information just announced about the management restructuring. (Because you knew I had to make a poll about it)

How have the management changes affected your opinion on the direction of FFXIV?
The game was headed down the ******* anyway and a new dev team isn't going to save it.:9 (7.7%)
I'm not too thrilled with the game, but I have faith in the new dev team to make this game better.:16 (13.7%)
I don't expect anything to change; this is just a PR move.:7 (6.0%)
I'm hesitant to trust this new dev team until I see what they can do, but I'll give them a shot.:35 (29.9%)
I thought the game was already on the right track and this new dev team is just going to hurt the game.:6 (5.1%)
I thought the game was headed in the right direction, but the new dev team will get them there even faster.:44 (37.6%)
Total:117
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#2 Dec 10 2010 at 9:54 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Couldn't resist a new poll, could you? Smiley: lol
#3 Dec 10 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Couldn't resist a new poll, could you? Smiley: lol


Of course not.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#4 Dec 10 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Default
20 posts
Game is dead. No raise or phoenix down can revive it.
#5 Dec 10 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Quote:
The game was headed down the sh*tter anyway and a new dev team isn't going to save it.
I'm not too thrilled with the game, but I have faith in the new dev team to make this game better.
I don't expect anything to change; this is just a PR move.

I'm hesitant to trust this new dev team until I see what they can do, but I'll give them a shot.
I thought the game was already on the right track and this new dev team is just going to hurt the game.
I thought the game was headed in the right direction, but the new dev team will get them there even faster.


Bolded is the same opinion stated differently.
#6 Dec 10 2010 at 10:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
26 posts
Game was fun to me. Now I would be playing beta again, so I can't know for sure what to expect. I don't feel like leveling a tons to see the sp curve change again. This broke it for me. For now, I'll sit back and wait to see what they plan to do before I resume to play.
#7 Dec 10 2010 at 10:02 AM Rating: Default
**
429 posts
Like I've said before, this game will never recover from a terrible start. It will be a good game by all means, but I doubt it will see even half the subscribers FFXI had.
#8 Dec 10 2010 at 10:04 AM Rating: Good
**
568 posts
The resume doesn't impress me but I'll stick around to see where this ship is going.

In the mean time I'll be happy to enjoy my time also in Vana'diel.
#9 Dec 10 2010 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Hyrist wrote:
Quote:
The game was headed down the sh*tter anyway and a new dev team isn't going to save it.
I'm not too thrilled with the game, but I have faith in the new dev team to make this game better.
I don't expect anything to change; this is just a PR move.

I'm hesitant to trust this new dev team until I see what they can do, but I'll give them a shot.
I thought the game was already on the right track and this new dev team is just going to hurt the game.
I thought the game was headed in the right direction, but the new dev team will get them there even faster.


Bolded is the same opinion stated differently.


Not necessarily; Option 1 would imply that you are unhappy with the game, whereas option 3 does not imply that you are happy or unhappy with the game, merely the notion that you have no opinion about the changes other than that they were only done to get people's attention.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#10 Dec 10 2010 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
Quote:
The game was headed down the sh*tter anyway and a new dev team isn't going to save it.
I'm not too thrilled with the game, but I have faith in the new dev team to make this game better.
I don't expect anything to change; this is just a PR move.
I'm hesitant to trust this new dev team until I see what they can do, but I'll give them a shot.
I thought the game was already on the right track and this new dev team is just going to hurt the game.
I thought the game was headed in the right direction, but the new dev team will get them there even faster.


Bolded is the same opinion stated differently.


Not necessarily; Option 1 would imply that you are unhappy with the game, whereas option 3 does not imply that you are happy or unhappy with the game, merely the notion that you have no opinion about the changes other than that they were only done to get people's attention.



The last part inplies a negative connotation to it that in and of itself restates the first opinion.

To "Not expect anything to change" Implies no improvement "This is a PR Move" Implies no effort being made. It's not a neutral opinion, it's a negative one trying to mask itself as a netural one.

"I'm not sure, I'll have to wait and see." is neutral.
#11 Dec 10 2010 at 10:15 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Hyrist wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
Quote:
The game was headed down the sh*tter anyway and a new dev team isn't going to save it.
I'm not too thrilled with the game, but I have faith in the new dev team to make this game better.
I don't expect anything to change; this is just a PR move.
I'm hesitant to trust this new dev team until I see what they can do, but I'll give them a shot.
I thought the game was already on the right track and this new dev team is just going to hurt the game.
I thought the game was headed in the right direction, but the new dev team will get them there even faster.


Bolded is the same opinion stated differently.


Not necessarily; Option 1 would imply that you are unhappy with the game, whereas option 3 does not imply that you are happy or unhappy with the game, merely the notion that you have no opinion about the changes other than that they were only done to get people's attention.



The last part inplies a negative connotation to it that in and of itself restates the first opinion.

To "Not expect anything to change" Implies no improvement "This is a PR Move" Implies no effort being made. It's not a neutral opinion, it's a negative one trying to mask itself as a netural one.

"I'm not sure, I'll have to wait and see." is neutral.


I knew what I meant. And how sad is it that we are arguing about semantics in a poll? :P
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#12 Dec 10 2010 at 10:22 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Quote:
I'm hesitant to trust this new dev team until I see what they can do, but I'll give them a shot.


I chose that instead of one of the last 2 options. There are things I like about the game or I would've stopped playing a long time ago. I could say it was headed in the right direction, but still needed lots of improvements(some major, some minor). And of course much needed content.

I couldn't pick either of the last 2 because I don't know how much they plan to change things. If they change too much of the stuff I do like then the new team hurts the game for me. I hope the optimistic choice is what actually happens, but it was too optimistic for me...
____________________________

#13 Dec 10 2010 at 10:30 AM Rating: Excellent
1. Hear about big announcement.
2. Log into forums
3. See giant Mik poll

All is right with the world

#14 Dec 10 2010 at 10:39 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:

I knew what I meant. And how sad is it that we are arguing about semantics in a poll? :P


"I know what I said." Does not mean you know what your readers heard and understood.

And seeming you make a poll, every time, with this sort of forced lean to the options, it was about time someone started arguing the semantics of polling to you. It really gets annoying when I look for my option and there's four times as many opposing options that aren't even a fair gradation to them.
#15 Dec 10 2010 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Hyrist wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:

I knew what I meant. And how sad is it that we are arguing about semantics in a poll? :P


"I know what I said." Does not mean you know what your readers heard and understood.

And seeming you make a poll, every time, with this sort of forced lean to the options, it was about time someone started arguing the semantics of polling to you. It really gets annoying when I look for my option and there's four times as many opposing options that aren't even a fair gradation to them.


Okay.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#16 Dec 10 2010 at 11:36 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
378 posts
none of those options really covers my feelings toward the dev team change.

I still have hope for the potential this game has, But I can't think of an instance where something like this happening has lead to success...

I fear this is the beginning of the end, I just hope it isn't.
____________________________

Retainer: Ferthmart
FFXI: Ferth - Cerbereus Nee Hades Nee Leviathan.
#17 Dec 10 2010 at 8:06 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
283 posts
I choose option F. I am awaiting the PS3 release,... zzzzzzzzzzz
____________________________


#18 Dec 10 2010 at 8:27 PM Rating: Excellent
**
429 posts
Didn't trust the old team to do anything right. I don't really know anything about the new one, but I doubt it's going to be any worse.
#19 Dec 10 2010 at 8:35 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
278 posts
You always have too many options in your polls. :(
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)