Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Indefinitely delayed PS3 release? That's not good.Follow

#1 Dec 10 2010 at 10:51 AM Rating: Default
**
557 posts
Back when I played the open beta I warned on another forum (that won't be named) that FFXIV is probably going to fall, and likened it to recent catastrophes like APB. The response? "Unlike APB, FFXIV will get a console release. It won't fail." The idea that it had this looming PS3 release date - and is the only true next-gen MMO for a new-gen console - seemed to be what gave players confidence the game servers wouldn't close for good any time soon.

With the PS3 version indefinitely delayed, now I'm not so sure. Certainly even a totally revamped FFXIV is going to suffer at retail from the sullying of the title from the flawed PC release. Now that they're unwilling to release this flawed game on the PS3, is it really worth putting a lot of effort into improving a game that, no matter what you do, might never take off because it's got so much baggage?

If I were an exec I'd say start over. You've got the engine, so it's not a total loss. Take the working elements from FFXIV and make a brand new MMO with a new team.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1809646[/ffxivsig]
#2 Dec 10 2010 at 10:53 AM Rating: Decent
**
845 posts
The engine sucks tho.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1777016[/ffxivsig]
#3 Dec 10 2010 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
*
170 posts
Its not like that. They don't want to make ps3 users sit for 8 hours on first install to update through these major patches. SE is doing you a favor and they mean business, every update (2 now for dec at least) means those many updates and bug issues of an unready game you won't have to spend time downloading through the patchers.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1814451[/ffxivsig]
#4 Dec 10 2010 at 10:58 AM Rating: Decent
**
429 posts
Couple of points.

If SE scrapped this MMO and then announced a new MMO, everyone will laugh at them. FFXI was NOT memorable to the public for being a good MMO, it was memorable for being a cross platform MMO with rapidly outdated gameplay mechanics and an insane grind. SE needs to fix up FFXIV and then ADVERTISE the fixes and GET MORE CUSTOMERS. Abandoning the project to start on yet another MMO will not go over well in any shape.

And while this game might fail in the same way APB or AOC did, it will not ruin the company. But I doubt it, because SE has other ways to make money besides FFXIV.
#5 Dec 10 2010 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,587 posts
Delaying it until this game is ready for primetime is a good thing. A big PS3 release can be this game's saving grace. The game will most likely be re-reviewed when it's released on PS3. You sure as **** don't want the same results as what has happened with PC.

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 11:05am by Harri
____________________________
Harri
80BLU/80BST/76RNG/75THF/75WHM/60SCH
100+3 Bonecraft
#6 Dec 10 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Default
I am suprised by how amazingly irritated I am by this news.

Irritated because I have been waiting for this game for so long and now I am being told that its been delayed again.

Irritated because SE has made a decision to delay the release of a game that whilst flawed was being fixed and would of been perfectly fine by the PS3 march release.

Irritated with SE press releases that say the PS3 version of the game is almost ready for release, only to then say we are going to delay it again anyway just so they can appease the PC audience by appearing to make radical staff and development changes..... the updates and fixes they had planned are not changing the new "core staff" arn't going to have any impact until mid - late 2011, so this really is a big smoke and mirrors show to impress the more feeble minded out there that SE will do whatever it takes to fix this game. When really nothings changed except that the PS3 player base just got shanked again
#7 Dec 10 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,779 posts
Personally, I don't think this game will fail at this point. They could have ditched the project long ago but instead they keep doubling down. They're going to make this work, no matter what it takes, for better or worse.

SE's President has made this into a public issue now. If they turn it into even a mild sucess/recovery all those who are won back over by this will SE as a company that can buckle down and give the customers what they want, and will go to extreme lengths to fix their mistakes. That's a very positive corporate re-branding to shoot for after years and years of being labeled as lofty uncaring, and distant from their players.

They likely see the value in that verses what it would cost them to loose FFXIV as an income source and leave all the dejected players as they are.
#8 Dec 10 2010 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
FlogginaDeadHorse wrote:
Irritated because SE has made a decision to delay the release of a game that whilst flawed was being fixed and would of been perfectly fine by the PS3 march release.
Apparently not.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#9 Dec 10 2010 at 11:14 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
534 posts
FlogginaDeadHorse wrote:
I am suprised by how amazingly irritated I am by this news.

Irritated because I have been waiting for this game for so long and now I am being told that its been delayed again.

Irritated because SE has made a decision to delay the release of a game that whilst flawed was being fixed and would of been perfectly fine by the PS3 march release.

Irritated with SE press releases that say the PS3 version of the game is almost ready for release, only to then say we are going to delay it again anyway just so they can appease the PC audience by appearing to make radical staff and development changes..... the updates and fixes they had planned are not changing the new "core staff" arn't going to have any impact until mid - late 2011, so this really is a big smoke and mirrors show to impress the more feeble minded out there that SE will do whatever it takes to fix this game. When really nothings changed except that the PS3 player base just got shanked again


Get yourself a pc and join us in the fun....weeeeeeeeeeeeeee You can't say you don't have that option.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#10 Dec 10 2010 at 11:17 AM Rating: Excellent
So people complain that the PC version should have been delayed until the kinks were worked out. Now you complain that they are taking that advice for the PS3 version?
____________________________
FFXIV: Luthien Tinuviel, Elezen Female, Balmug (And will re-roll on a new server in August)
FFXI: Luthian, Elvaan Female, Bismarck (originally Luthien on Seraph):
85RDM | 80WAR | 76DRG
lolgaxe+1 wrote:
I've always been of the opinion that Warrior was the Swiss Army Knife of Vana'diel.
#11 Dec 10 2010 at 11:18 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
LuthienOfSeraph wrote:
So people complain that the PC version should have been delayed until the kinks were worked out. Now you complain that they are taking that advice for the PS3 version?


its imposible to make people happy, this is why negativity on forums is largely ignored.

no matter what you do, people complain
____________________________

[ffxivsig]445254[/ffxivsig]
#12 Dec 10 2010 at 11:21 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Harri wrote:
Delaying it until this game is ready for primetime is a good thing. A big PS3 release can be this game's saving grace. The game will most likely be re-reviewed when it's released on PS3. You sure as **** don't want the same results as what has happened with PC.


It sounds like this is what they are banking on.

They are taking a big risk dumping more time and money into a game that is not even bringing in subscriptions. I would say it takes some serious balls to go that far out on a limb.

I think they have pulled off the PS3 manpower to work on expanding content. Further, if the fans do not become happy, PS3 may never happen. Sounds like they have the right idea.

Make PC fans happy > Release on PS3 > Success

I sincerly hope this is the future of FFXIV.
#13 Dec 10 2010 at 11:23 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
This looks very much so being said in other words.

US PC users who paid for the client but not paying a subscription fee. We are beta testing what is going to be the right and proper launch. Best part is we when PS3 goes live we keep our effort and work.

Personally there is lots the dev team can do to improve the game. With two patches coming this month, and a new direction.

Looks like this game might get darker and have more sexual undertones. There is the chance of tweaking the battle system. Content wise adding more stuff is not going to be difficult and can be done on a month to month basis.

This will take time, and if this new director can make the most of what he has and is able to really make this game shine, it has a future and until then we have to wait and see. I am looking forward to finding that next big HNM that take 15 or more people to take out and drops gear or items that are not the regular gear we've seen already and looks awesome like designed from say tera or vindictus.

If I help kill a mob that could take 2-3 hours to kill their drops better be bloody cool. As well more quests and diversity in this quests would be amazing. Like for woodworkers in limsa there could be weekly or monthly storm and go to a village an repair houses or camps.

Or even on a larger scale DOH could be responsible for repairing ships and other capital during a large scale battle. Things like this would be amazing and you can take damage if a cannon or aoe spell hits close to you. You use or have mats with you meaning you know which ship of ship type to go on.

for DoW we don't always have to do kill # of monster quests. We could do quests to arrest villians and fight our way through a lair through an instanced area. We could have quests that are travel related to gain point for our deity by magical or physically breaking or re enforcing seals to prevent beast men from invading. If we don't do that enough they attack and the population has to battle their forces back.


These ideas took five minutes and can be fun. With all of us here at zam all having played more than one MMO or RPG our feedback should be gold for the dev's. I would encourage people to post what kinda quests and content they want. Hopefully SE reads these posts and takes our ideas and gives us this content for us.
#14 Dec 10 2010 at 11:29 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Vedis wrote:
LuthienOfSeraph wrote:
So people complain that the PC version should have been delayed until the kinks were worked out. Now you complain that they are taking that advice for the PS3 version?


its imposible to make people happy, this is why negativity on forums is largely ignored.

no matter what you do, people complain
Different people complain. But otherwise, yes.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#15 Dec 10 2010 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
FFXI was NOT memorable to the public for being a good MMO, it was memorable for being a cross platform MMO with rapidly outdated gameplay mechanics and an insane grind.


Ahhh yes, exactly the reason so many people loved the game! Smiley: dubious
____________________________
MUTED
#16 Dec 10 2010 at 11:34 AM Rating: Default
**
462 posts
Speeral wrote:

Looks like this game might get darker and have more sexual undertones.


wut?
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#17 Dec 10 2010 at 11:51 AM Rating: Default
**
429 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Ahhh yes, exactly the reason so many people loved the game! Smiley: dubious


For every person that LIKED FFXI, there were like three others that didn't. It was not a well received MMO by the majority of gamers. Sorry you can't see that.
#18 Dec 10 2010 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
yfaithfully wrote:
With the PS3 version indefinitely delayed, now I'm not so sure.


Quote:
Regarding the PlayStation 3, it is not our wish to release a simple conversion of the Windows version in its current state, but rather an update that includes all the improvements we have planned. For that reason, we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of the PlayStation 3 version beyond the originally announced date of March 2011.


I don't see the word "indefinitely" in there, only that it's delayed beyond March.

In fact, the only time I saw the word "indefinitely" used was Pikko's remark about the free trial being extended.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#19 Dec 10 2010 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
534 posts
Wolfums wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
Ahhh yes, exactly the reason so many people loved the game! Smiley: dubious


For every person that LIKED FFXI, there were like three others that didn't. It was not a well received MMO by the majority of gamers. Sorry you can't see that.


Heh..yea right...nice try. Majority meaning over 50%...so for every 2 people who played, 1.1 of them did not like it and quit. If that was true...we would not be here discussing FFXIV. There would have not been a FFXIV if the majority that played FFXI did not like it. Sorry you can't see that.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#20 Dec 10 2010 at 12:10 PM Rating: Default
**
429 posts
Simool wrote:
Heh..yea right...nice try. Majority meaning over 50%...so for every 2 people who played, 1.1 of them did not like it and quit. If that was true...we would not be here discussing FFXIV. There would have not been a FFXIV if the majority that played FFXI did not like it. Sorry you can't see that.


I did not say the majority that were FFXI subscribers didn't like FFXI, I'm saying the majority of gamers around the world didn't like FFXI, whether they were subscribed or not. The majority of gamers DIDN'T like FFXI, and if you want to narrow it down to MMO gamers, then the majority STILL didn't like FFXI.
#21 Dec 10 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Wolfums wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
Ahhh yes, exactly the reason so many people loved the game! Smiley: dubious


For every person that LIKED FFXI, there were like three others that didn't. It was not a well received MMO by the majority of gamers. Sorry you can't see that.


..and I'm sorry your such an ignorant tool. The same thing can be said about every single game if you don't have anything to back that up. FFXI was remembered by FFXI fans to be a good game, one which lived on for 8 years and still lives on today (for the non fans, they probably don't remember FFXI at all). gtfo man, say something that actually makes sense.
____________________________
MUTED
#22 Dec 10 2010 at 12:18 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
194 posts
Quote:
Looks like this game might get darker and have more sexual undertones.


What? x2

#23 Dec 10 2010 at 12:22 PM Rating: Default
**
429 posts
SolidMack wrote:
..and I'm sorry your such an ignorant tool. The same thing can be said about every single game if you don't have anything to back that up. FFXI was remembered by FFXI fans to be a good game, one which lived on for 8 years and still lives on today (for the non fans, they probably don't remember FFXI at all). gtfo man, say something that actually makes sense.


My bad, sorry I didn't realize I was arguing against a fanboy who can't look at something objectively and resorts to insults when someone doesn't agree that his favorite game and company aren't a slice of heaven. Compared to other MMOs, FFXI was largely unremarkable and disliked, regardless if it had a long life span. My point was that SE already had an iffy reputation as an MMO maker to most people, and then FFXIV damaged it even further. But I guess it's hard to see that if you've been clinging on to SE's **** like a leech.

Get ******* enjoy eating SE's ****, I'll be here playing other MMOs until SE puts something good on the market.
#24 Dec 10 2010 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
Indefinitely delayed ??? what are you talking about Delayed yes but thats it.
____________________________
BANNED
[ffxivsig]1715623[/ffxivsig]
#25 Dec 10 2010 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
828 posts
Harri wrote:
Delaying it until this game is ready for primetime is a good thing. A big PS3 release can be this game's saving grace. The game will most likely be re-reviewed when it's released on PS3. You sure as **** don't want the same results as what has happened with PC.


I Agree. If they can pull of a successful ps3 release with a half decent publicity campaign it'll do wonders for the game. and if it hits as a sucess on ps3 i can imagine some of the pc players will come back to at least take another look. and if they keep the major updates comin 1-2 each month then i cant see it being delayed by that much.

kudos for them keeping the game free until on an indefinate basis until things are as they should be. the fact its still free is the main reason i havent given up on it yet. sticking with it to see how they fix the issues with wards, content, ui, etc. pretty sure a lot of people are doing the same.
____________________________


#26 Dec 10 2010 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
bsphil wrote:
Vedis wrote:
LuthienOfSeraph wrote:
So people complain that the PC version should have been delayed until the kinks were worked out. Now you complain that they are taking that advice for the PS3 version?


its imposible to make people happy, this is why negativity on forums is largely ignored.

no matter what you do, people complain
Different people complain. But otherwise, yes.


Yeah, I highly doubt the same people who said the PC version should have been delayed are the same people mad that the PS3 version is.

Two totally different groups.

And for anyone complaining about the PS3 version delayed: Do you really WANT to spend your money on an unfinished, incomplete product THAT BADLY?
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#27 Dec 10 2010 at 12:30 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
This is on a side note, but I think very relative to this post... With the coming of the open world NMs, SE needs to introduce an NM like they did in 12, but instead of making it a persona of a former employee, they need to make an NM named Negative Nancy. It should be a sheep type mob, that puts you to sleep constantly(like the old BCNM caterpillar), and regenerates HP, and has a defense and attack bonus based on the number of people attacking it.

I could see it now, a party of 10 people hitting it, with it regening 100 hp a second, everyone asleep, and getting hit for 2k damage constantly...

Somedays, I love Friday.
#28 Dec 10 2010 at 12:31 PM Rating: Default
**
462 posts
I'm still waiting for someone to respond to the TWO TIMES "Whats?" posted in response to the game getting darker and more sexual...

I love how easily people just inject their own fantasies and expectations into 'fact'....

Anyways, its all about the Ps3 release at this point.. that will make or break the game....
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#29 Dec 10 2010 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Perhaps a poll about what they'll call the new PS3 release when it comes out is in order? Corresponding expansion pack for the PC? Hopefully they take this as an opportunity to clean up the presentation, add some content, bundle all the additions they're already coming out with through December, and give the PS3 the clean launch the PC should have.

I lean towards Rise of the Zilart Rise of the Garlean Empire. I'm not very imaginative though.

The feedback for PC should certainly be considered when releasing the PS3 version, and that has been resoundingly "this is too early, don't release it." I hope they take the time to fix the memory issues alluded to by "cut-n-paste" terrain, and the UI issues alluded to by, well, everything.

No sense having a 60" screen while drinking Jack and Coke on the sofa if the game doesn't have the benefit of extensive feedback from the PC players who went first.
#30 Dec 10 2010 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Asterism6288 wrote:
Perhaps a poll about what they'll call the new PS3 release when it comes out is in order? Corresponding expansion pack for the PC? Hopefully they take this as an opportunity to clean up the presentation, add some content, bundle all the additions they're already coming out with through December, and give the PS3 the clean launch the PC should have.

I lean towards Rise of the Zilart Rise of the Garlean Empire. I'm not very imaginative though.

The feedback for PC should certainly be considered when releasing the PS3 version, and that has been resoundingly "this is too early, don't release it." I hope they take the time to fix the memory issues alluded to by "cut-n-paste" terrain, and the UI issues alluded to by, well, everything.

No sense having a 60" screen while drinking Jack and Coke on the sofa if the game doesn't have the benefit of extensive feedback from the PC players who went first.


If your computer can play FFXIV, then it probably has a video card capable of outputting video to a TV. If you also have a 60" TV, it probably also has the input available; either S-Video or HDMI or something.

Enjoy :)
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#31 Dec 10 2010 at 12:58 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
32 posts
I can't see how FFXIV can possibly run well on PS 3 hardware? It's so dated by this point and XIV has such high requirements. I'll be amazed if it runs faster than 15 FPS even with everything else turned all the way down. XIV is a PS 4 game not a PS 3 game. This must be why it's delayed. If they can fix the gameplay it won't be so bad, but if it looked and played terrible it would be a total disaster.

#32 Dec 10 2010 at 1:25 PM Rating: Decent
*
89 posts
Asterism6288 wrote:

Rise of the Zilart Rise of the Garlean Empire


Then comes other expansions:

Scales of Bloodbrine, Riches of Aldenard and All of the Twelve.
#33 Dec 10 2010 at 2:10 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
This is good news. PS3 launch needs to be perfect. It shows that they have learned from their mistakes. They are committed to this game. I'm happy about this.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#34 Dec 10 2010 at 2:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Wolfums wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
..and I'm sorry your such an ignorant tool. The same thing can be said about every single game if you don't have anything to back that up. FFXI was remembered by FFXI fans to be a good game, one which lived on for 8 years and still lives on today (for the non fans, they probably don't remember FFXI at all). gtfo man, say something that actually makes sense.


My bad, sorry I didn't realize I was arguing against a fanboy who can't look at something objectively and resorts to insults when someone doesn't agree that his favorite game and company aren't a slice of heaven. Compared to other MMOs, FFXI was largely unremarkable and disliked, regardless if it had a long life span. My point was that SE already had an iffy reputation as an MMO maker to most people, and then FFXIV damaged it even further. But I guess it's hard to see that if you've been clinging on to SE's **** like a leech.


Lol entirely untrue but whatever. I called you ignorant and a tool because you more or less called me stupid, no matter how you word it, so if you want to point fingers point it at yourself first. And second, just because you are ignorant to the fact that FFXI sat in second or third place to WoW and probably Everquest for a very long time in the MMO market, doesn't mean it didn't and doesn't mean it was "widely disliked". YOU didn't like it, plenty of people didn't like, the same way that plenty of people don't like WoW too, or you gonna call that unsuccessful too? FFXI set out for a niche market and accomplished just that. And attacking me by calling me a fanboy is going out of style man, be more original.

Quote:

Get @#%^ed, enjoy eating SE's sh*t, I'll be here playing other MMOs until SE puts something good on the market.


Shiiit man no please don't leave!! Smiley: rolleyes

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 3:55pm by SolidMack
____________________________
MUTED
#35 Dec 10 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Vedis wrote:
LuthienOfSeraph wrote:
So people complain that the PC version should have been delayed until the kinks were worked out. Now you complain that they are taking that advice for the PS3 version?


its imposible to make people happy, this is why negativity on forums is largely ignored.

no matter what you do, people complain
Different people complain. But otherwise, yes.


Yeah, I highly doubt the same people who said the PC version should have been delayed are the same people mad that the PS3 version is.

Two totally different groups.

And for anyone complaining about the PS3 version delayed: Do you really WANT to spend your money on an unfinished, incomplete product THAT BADLY?


We had to pay for the honor of participating in the beta, why shouldn't they? ;)

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 5:58pm by Zorvan
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#36 Dec 10 2010 at 5:06 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Frebaut wrote:
Indefinitely delayed ??? what are you talking about Delayed yes but thats it.


Delayed Indefinitely means they don't know when the delay will be over.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]971172[/ffxivsig]
#37 Dec 10 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Bah... I'm so torn. I want the game to be really good, but then again, I'm tired of waiting. I guess if they would have spent the time to get it right in the first place, all the delays could be avoided. Back to Gran Turismo for now I guess, and then Dragon Age 2 next year :)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#38 Dec 10 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,232 posts
Whoopsy... duplicated.

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 4:25pm by LebargeX
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#39 Dec 10 2010 at 7:07 PM Rating: Good
**
621 posts
They will probably release the PS3 version with the first expansion, allowing for a second chance in the reviews.
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#40 Dec 10 2010 at 7:56 PM Rating: Good
*
126 posts
Edit: Incorrect information provided by me :(

Edited, Dec 10th 2010 11:16pm by Sasorex
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1799720[/ffxivsig]
#41 Dec 10 2010 at 7:58 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
By the way, FFXI was not noted for its insane grind, ever. Korean MMOs are typically the kings of that stuff, though even Maplestory now has completely flipped the game around and drastically cut down the exp needed to level (and I'm talking by like, 80% for the first 120 levels).

I've spent almost as much time playing MapleStory the last 3 days as I have playing FFXIV since release... :\ The Free Market sucks almost as much as the Market Wards though.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#42 Dec 10 2010 at 10:05 PM Rating: Decent
**
329 posts
Sasorex wrote:
rfolkker wrote:
With the coming of the open world NMs


NM's aren't open world. They're leve-based.





Edited, Dec 10th 2010 8:56pm by Sasorex



"Mini Q&A
Q.

So far you have only mentioned NMs featured in levequests. Will there be any notorious monsters freely roaming the fields and forests of Eorzea?
A.

Most definitely! And a topics post covering these new NMs is on its way."

from loadstone >>> http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c19faf5cfe02fe5a121c9d162bcc6086ca9da632
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1793378[/ffxivsig]
#43 Dec 10 2010 at 10:12 PM Rating: Decent
*
126 posts
I'll admit I missed that. Shame on me :(
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1799720[/ffxivsig]
#44 Dec 10 2010 at 11:02 PM Rating: Decent
*
237 posts
Like others are saying. Delaying the PS3 release until FFXIV is in a state where users are happy is the best solution.

SE is saying it's gonna take longer than 3 months to turn this game around. I have a feeling this means a huge overhaul of the game it's self. I think we're in store for more of a FFXI Ver 2.0 than what Tanaka was willing to do.

Releasing XIV in march would mean millions in mass advertising only to have to do it all over again when they get the game to where it needs to be.
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#45 Dec 11 2010 at 12:01 AM Rating: Excellent
No way do I take this news as Square Enix ditching the PS3 release. In fact, the delay may not even be very lengthy. I definitely think SE is doing the right thing though by postponing the release date, because now they won't be rushed to push out another incomplete version of the game, which is the mistake they made with the PC launch.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#46 Dec 11 2010 at 12:07 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
It doesn't matter what led to the postponement... they will release it because JP's are all about consoles, and that market is still important to them. On top of this, if the game is good it will sell too. If it isn't, well, it will still sell but not nearly as much.

All it takes is a 8/7/8/9 score from Famitsu to get the JP's to play, imo.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#47 Dec 11 2010 at 7:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
685 posts
Yeah, my wife didn't take this very well. She's been looking forward to playing the game with me, but we don't have the money to build another desktop. The only other computers are the macbooks, doubt they'd play on them (Can anyone dispute this from experience? If it truly is possibly to play the game without it running like crap on a 2009 macbook/macbook pro, I'd love to know!). I sure hope they work out what they were wanting from it soon!

I wonder, though, what caused the phrase
Quote:
Regarding the PlayStation 3, it is not our wish to release a simple conversion of the Windows version in its current state, but rather an update that includes all the improvements we have planned


Based on that I'd say we will have an idea of how long before we get the PS3 version once we get the release of all the updates they wish to do.

I hope they're going to be fast about it, the major problem with bringing in new people is that the code is going to be new to them, so they will have less of a global feel for how everything works together than people who have been part of the original development.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]762856[/ffxivsig]
Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#48 Dec 11 2010 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Quote:
Bah... I'm so torn. I want the game to be really good, but then again, I'm tired of waiting. I guess if they would have spent the time to get it right in the first place, all the delays could be avoided. Back to Gran Turismo for now I guess, and then Dragon Age 2 next year :)


Agreed. I give credit to all those making wonderful points about why it's GOOD that the ps3 release is being delayed again, but I'm severely upset. I found out right before going home, told my boyfriend, and now my parents feel bad they bought me a birthday present I can't use for a year (my birthday is in November). In the end I just really want to play. But if it's not ready, it's not ready. As far as it being crap on the ps3, I surely hope not. I heard the minimum requirements were that compared to the ps3.

Anyway, we'll see where it goes while I let out my frustration in Dead Space 2.... Not sure if I'm getting Dragon Age 2 since I couldn't resist shelling out for one of the few games that can actually make me jump. (I'm not scared of much, but mutated things are effin creepy! Dead Space is awesome!)
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (50)