Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Ive been playing cataclysmFollow

#1 Dec 10 2010 at 10:24 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
16 posts
I started playing ff14 when it first hit pre release. I was disapointed so i found my self here ******** on how se needs to do this and that. I got some feed back that i need to play wow, with the rig i bought for this game. Im so happy, i started playing it just b4 and after cata hit. Just over a month and i cant set it down. The **** with leaves up with quests

-5 year veteran ramuh server

Edited, Dec 11th 2010 8:44am by Pikko Lock Thread: flamebait
#2 Dec 10 2010 at 10:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
CoolPointless story, bro.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#3 Dec 10 2010 at 10:43 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
16 posts
dont hate the player bro hate the game (finalfantasy14)
#4 Dec 10 2010 at 10:48 PM Rating: Decent
Lol this is the wrong place to talk about how great Cataclysm is, most FF players play FF because they didnt like WoW. Im also playing Cataclysm but only while I wait for the December updates to hit!
____________________________
FFXI: Gonz on Titan

FFXIV: Ninja Wind on Besaid

WoW: Ninjawind on Andorhal-US

[ffxisig]137247[/ffxisig]


#5 Dec 10 2010 at 10:51 PM Rating: Good
***
1,949 posts
(NPC) "Hey you!"
(You) "Yeah?"
(NPC) "Those **** hellboars just ate my shredder's keys."
(You) "uh-huh?"
(NPC) "I want you to take that whistle, summon a ravager, slay those demonic swine, order my ravager to eat them."
(You) "Keep going."
(NPC) "Then you'll go through the ravager's **** to find my shredder's keys."
(You) "..."
(NPC) "Do this for me and I have 3 beautiful gold coins (and 47 silver and 96 coppers) waiting for you. Heck, I'll even throw a bottle of booze."
(You) "You know who I am? I have defeated Ragnaros, countless dragons and prevented the invasion of Ahn'Qiraj?"
(NPC) "Well if you're going to be that way, why don't you dig up some partially berries from dinosaur **** over in Nagrand? I'll enchant them so you can stick them in your mouth and breathe underwater!"
(You) "***** that, these people are crazy, I'm going to jump off this edge of the world."
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#6 Dec 10 2010 at 11:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,235 posts
Zam should make a WoW forum for people to post these threads in.

Oh wait......
____________________________


"Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
#7 Dec 10 2010 at 11:11 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
200 posts
I've yet to be able to log on to cataclysm since my server seems to always have a 2 hour wait on the queue. (Illidan)
#8 Dec 10 2010 at 11:22 PM Rating: Default
*
71 posts
ya ffxiv quests are so much better, hey rats are eating our food, kill them please! 40 levels later, hey rats are eating our food kill them please! that is so much better...seriously in the first two zones of wow you will fight more creatures then in all of ffxiv
#9 Dec 10 2010 at 11:32 PM Rating: Decent
*
137 posts
Docent42 wrote:
(NPC) "Hey you!"
(You) "Yeah?"
(NPC) "Those **** hellboars just ate my shredder's keys."
(You) "uh-huh?"
(NPC) "I want you to take that whistle, summon a ravager, slay those demonic swine, order my ravager to eat them."
(You) "Keep going."
(NPC) "Then you'll go through the ravager's sh*t to find my shredder's keys."
(You) "..."
(NPC) "Do this for me and I have 3 beautiful gold coins (and 47 silver and 96 coppers) waiting for you. Heck, I'll even throw a bottle of booze."
(You) "You know who I am? I have defeated Ragnaros, countless dragons and prevented the invasion of Ahn'Qiraj?"
(NPC) "Well if you're going to be that way, why don't you dig up some partially berries from dinosaur **** over in Nagrand? I'll enchant them so you can stick them in your mouth and breathe underwater!"
(You) "***** that, these people are crazy, I'm going to jump off this edge of the world."



Your point is? That they actualy have a storry line? Where as FFXIV it is wait till leve reset to do the same quest over and over?
#10 Dec 10 2010 at 11:39 PM Rating: Good
***
1,949 posts
doubleax wrote:
Your point is? That they actualy have a storry line? Where as FFXIV it is wait till leve reset to do the same quest over and over?

Perhaps I would rather have no storyline / quests that having the ones I find everywhere in WoW. Leves have about as much storyline as a "Help wanted" ad, and as much as FFXI's training regimens; basically nothing. Goldsmith's rank20 quest is good. The following example isn't my definition of storyline, sorry.

(NPC) My cow is sick. Can you get some oatmeal all over the countryside for her.
(DEATHKNIGHT YOU) ...
*15 minutes later*
(NPC) As thanks for saving my cow, here's a level 3 cloak for you, mr. chilly death-knight sir!
(DEATHKNIGHT YOU) SOMEBODY KILL ME. MAKE THE PAIN STOP.

Addendum
To add to my point,
It is my belief that Blizzard can get away with anything in a quest. They will make you dig through crap, kill 60s of the same enemy, and auto-run from one end of the world to the other just to right-click an npc and come back, and because they give you 12,500 xp and a couple of coins, everyone is fine with it and call it content.

Sure, they got better, and have a couple of interesting quest lines, and some of the "bad" quest lines (westfall comes to mind) actually come back in wrath and brought a smile to my face, but the majority of the quests, I just can't be bothered to read the text. It's "accept quest, skim instructions, follow quest indicators, kill things, get xp, move on."

The "magic" of the quests is lost when you do them for 3 weeks straight for any perfect stranger, whoring yourself out to do pretty much anything from cleaning up after murderers, fetching things, massacring innocent lives. 11 million other players have already fed the cow, rescued that cat, killed that pirate captain and his 3 associates, destroyed that wall, invaded that city, saved the undercity, etc. I just dislike the quest-based MMOs, this isn't me hating on WoW, this me hating on that new trend that everybody follows ever since WoW came out that players needs NPCs constantly there to tell them what to do, them reward them with a small candy and a pat on the back.

(NPC) "Get that book on the table and come back to me."
(You) Here it is!
(NPC) Here's 5 gold and 50,000 xp!
(You) Level up!
(NPC) Now give it to my courier over there.
(You) Done deal!
(Courier) Hey thanks, 9 gold and 150,000 xp!
(You) DING!


urk. Sorry, I simply can't have fun doing liveless' NPC groceries while thinking that I'm having the adventure of my life.

Edited, Dec 11th 2010 12:54am by Docent42
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#11 Dec 10 2010 at 11:40 PM Rating: Default
**
429 posts
doubleax wrote:
Your point is? That they actualy have a storry line? Where as FFXIV it is wait till leve reset to do the same quest over and over?


Shh, don't let the WOW hateclub hear you. You'll get whined to death.
#12 Dec 10 2010 at 11:53 PM Rating: Default
**
429 posts
Docent42 wrote:
Perhaps I would rather have no storyline / quests that having the ones I find everywhere in WoW.


Hands down the most ridiculous thing I've seen on these forums today. Good night Zam, I've had my quota of stupid for the day.
#13 Dec 10 2010 at 11:58 PM Rating: Decent
*
137 posts
Docent42 wrote:
doubleax wrote:
Your point is? That they actualy have a storry line? Where as FFXIV it is wait till leve reset to do the same quest over and over?

Perhaps I would rather have no storyline / quests that having the ones I find everywhere in WoW. Leves have about as much storyline as a "Help wanted" ad, and as much as FFXI's training regimens; basically nothing. Goldsmith's rank20 quest is good. The following example isn't my definition of storyline, sorry.

(NPC) My cow is sick. Can you get some oatmeal all over the countryside for her.
(DEATHKNIGHT YOU) ...
*15 minutes later*
(NPC) As thanks for saving my cow, here's a level 3 cloak for you, mr. chilly death-knight sir!
(DEATHKNIGHT YOU) SOMEBODY KILL ME. MAKE THE PAIN STOP.


We'll your wish came true cause FFXIV doesn't have it. As for story line lets not go there. We realy don't want to bring up story line and FFXIV in the same sentence.

Seriously, why do fans on here attack WoW so much? What they do is very succesful. SE tried being "inovative and new". You know where it has gotten them? Extended free play, dev and management team overhaul, revamping the game, and delay release of PS3.

#14 Dec 11 2010 at 12:06 AM Rating: Decent
**
429 posts
doubleax wrote:
We'll your wish came true cause FFXIV doesn't have it. As for story line lets not go there. We realy don't want to bring up story line and FFXIV in the same sentence.

Seriously, why do fans on here attack WoW so much? What they do is very succesful. SE tried being "inovative and new". You know where it has gotten them? Extended free play, dev and management team overhaul, revamping the game, and delay release of PS3.



WHAT? LOGIC? THAT **** DON'T BELONG ON THE FFXIV FORUM.

It's the equivalent of ***** envy, but for MMOs. The reason why WOW is successful is because Blizzard did their homework on what made some other MMOs good, and morphed that to fit their game and their customers' needs. SE didn't do an ounce of research and flat out ignored customers. But don't tell this forum that, it's heresy and nobody will believe you.

ibrageratedowns
#15 Dec 11 2010 at 12:10 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,949 posts
doubleax wrote:
Seriously, why do fans on here attack WoW so much? What they do is very succesful. SE tried being "inovative and new". You know where it has gotten them? Extended free play, dev and management team overhaul, revamping the game, and delay release of PS3.

Not sure about others, but as I explained in my addendum above, I don't hate WoW, I hate questing in MMOs. LoTRO, Vanguard, Champions online, Star Trek Online, all the same recipe now ._.;

Back to WoW, all my most recent characters have leveled 1-80 exclusively from instanced dungeons spamming, ignoring most if not all quests. Playing with other players and the teamwork behind it, I can enjoy. Taking my discipline priest, prot/holy paladin and being forced to solo grind to 80 because everyone is out questing on their own and only start playing together once they hit 80 is not something that I should be doing in an MMO. People teaming up only for the 3 kills they need, then disbanding instantly, or competing for the pops instead of teaming up when it would double the rate of doing the quest.. sigh, nothing in there is screaming "MMOs are so much better off since those days!". I miss UO :/

Thank god for the new LFG tool, too bad that 95% of the players I was teamed with can't even touch my damage me when I tank or even heal, making runs pretty much as fast as if I was soloing them, which is another issue entirely.
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#16 Dec 11 2010 at 12:10 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm playing FF XIV. However, with all the "stuff" going on, i also decided to play another game as well. I'm playing FF XI. I will play both. By the time i get something done in XI, XIV should be ready to go lol. A little sarcasm there, but true. I love it just the same.

You can have your Cataclysm... why not express your joy on a forum that cares... you know, like the WOW forums here on Zam.

Edit:
Wolfums wrote:

It's the equivalent of ***** envy, but for MMOs. The reason why WOW is successful is because Blizzard did their homework on what made some other MMOs good, and morphed that to fit their game and their customers' needs. SE didn't do an ounce of research and flat out ignored customers. But don't tell this forum that, it's heresy and nobody will believe you.

There are 2 types of MMO players. The type that wants a single player experience in an MMO, and the type that thinks they would play a single player game if they wanted that kind of play style. Neither side is wrong. It just divides the MMO playerbase. As such, you have games like World of Warcraft, and games like Final Fantasy XI.
At least, that's how i perceive it. I'm sorry, but that's how i see World of Warcraft. A single player experience in an MMO. You get all the best stuff with minimal effort. I'll probably get looked down on for this, but it's my honest opinion.

Edited, Dec 11th 2010 1:18am by Teneleven
____________________________

#17 Dec 11 2010 at 12:15 AM Rating: Decent
Right now im having this dilemma. Keep playing FFXIV or go to wow. WoW graphics are really a chore to me but their lore is solid. Not to mention airships and mounts to reach distant places in a reasonable time.

**** today I lost 38minutes to do 1 leve in broken water going from uldah. Thats too much time for almost nothing accomplished. If i could get FFXIV graphics into wow lore god that would be just perfect.
#18 Dec 11 2010 at 12:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
200 posts
MclarenTAGPorsche wrote:
Right now im having this dilemma. Keep playing FFXIV or go to wow. WoW graphics are really a chore to me but their lore is solid. Not to mention airships and mounts to reach distant places in a reasonable time.

**** today I lost 38minutes to do 1 leve in broken water going from uldah. Thats too much time for almost nothing accomplished. If i could get FFXIV graphics into wow lore god that would be just perfect.



I feel you. I've been out of anima for nearly two weeks, and almost can't play the game for an entire day just until it recharges so I don't have to waste 45 minutes walking to my leve destination. Yet, I still play...
#19 Dec 11 2010 at 12:32 AM Rating: Decent
I love many aspects of this game combat for example, just why they had to make such a poor game with 5 years of development? How could they release such bland maps, no traveling options besides that stupid bandaid called anima?

Its just impressive how can a game with that name make such an amateur game.
#20 Dec 11 2010 at 12:36 AM Rating: Default
*
71 posts
ironmonk25 wrote:
ya ffxiv quests are so much better, hey rats are eating our food, kill them please! 40 levels later, hey rats are eating our food kill them please! that is so much better...seriously in the first two zones of wow you will fight more creatures then in all of ffxiv

#21 Dec 11 2010 at 12:45 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
Jerk my crystal bro, it glows white, I seen it!
____________________________

#22 Dec 11 2010 at 1:37 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
I've been playing MapleStory. _(._.)_
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#23 Dec 11 2010 at 1:49 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,169 posts
v0dka360 wrote:
I started playing ff14 when it first hit pre release. I was disapointed so i found my self here ******** on how se needs to do this and that. I got some feed back that i need to play wow, with the rig i bought for this game. Im so happy, i started playing it just b4 and after cata hit. Just over a month and i cant set it down. The **** with leaves up with quests

-5 year veteran ramuh server


good for you, see ya.
____________________________
FFXIV - Currently Playing on Selbina Server
Name: Itachi Akatsuki (THM)
LS: UnitedBBQ

www.guildwork.com - best guildhosting site period

FFXI - Pingpong - Retired 2007
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?6988
75rng | 75nin | 75blm | working on RDM
RNG Gration solo: http://pingpongwww.livejournal.com/15532.html
#24 Dec 11 2010 at 9:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
638 posts
Docent42 wrote:
(NPC) "Hey you!"
(You) "Yeah?"
(NPC) "Those **** hellboars just ate my shredder's keys."
(You) "uh-huh?"
(NPC) "I want you to take that whistle, summon a ravager, slay those demonic swine, order my ravager to eat them."
(You) "Keep going."
(NPC) "Then you'll go through the ravager's sh*t to find my shredder's keys."
(You) "..."
(NPC) "Do this for me and I have 3 beautiful gold coins (and 47 silver and 96 coppers) waiting for you. Heck, I'll even throw a bottle of booze."
(You) "You know who I am? I have defeated Ragnaros, countless dragons and prevented the invasion of Ahn'Qiraj?"
(NPC) "Well if you're going to be that way, why don't you dig up some partially berries from dinosaur **** over in Nagrand? I'll enchant them so you can stick them in your mouth and breathe underwater!"
(You) "***** that, these people are crazy, I'm going to jump off this edge of the world."



-.- I remember that quest.....
____________________________


#25 Dec 11 2010 at 10:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
ya ffxiv quests are so much better, hey rats are eating our food, kill them please! 40 levels later, hey rats are eating our food kill them please! that is so much better...seriously in the first two zones of wow you will fight more creatures then in all of ffxiv


A valid point - perhaps, since I never played WoW.
I am sooo sick of killing the same Dodos 5 times a week.
I have come to hate the repetitiveness of guildleves.
Dammit, how many times does that Imp 237 manage to escape?

And still, I grind on, because the rewards are too good
to be ignored.
#26 Dec 11 2010 at 11:46 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,083 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
ya ffxiv quests are so much better, hey rats are eating our food, kill them please! 40 levels later, hey rats are eating our food kill them please! that is so much better...seriously in the first two zones of wow you will fight more creatures then in all of ffxiv


A valid point - perhaps, since I never played WoW.
I am sooo sick of killing the same Dodos 5 times a week.
I have come to hate the repetitiveness of guildleves.
Dammit, how many times does that Imp 237 manage to escape?

And still, I grind on, because the rewards are too good
to be ignored.


To add to this, field leves??? Forget about it. Its the same exact mining points looking for the same exact HQ item EVERY SINGLE FLIPPING TIME. Mindnumbing. I just don't understand why its so difficult to add a tiny bit of variety. Add to this the fact that leves are just about the ONLY quests you can do in the game and that equals nonsense.

Excuse me, I've got to get back to repairing all my equipment after the 3 leves I just did >.>
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#27 Dec 11 2010 at 12:36 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Wolfums wrote:
The reason why WOW is successful is because Blizzard did their homework on what made some other MMOs good, and morphed that to fit their game and their customers' needs.


Actually, according to a recent interview with a Blizzard executive, Blizzard aimed for a "couple hundred thousand players" and a "maybe a two-year lifespan" in World of Warcraft; the fact that it became popular was more luck than scrupulous research. The development team "had no idea it was going to be like this," the interviewee says.

So, even though some people may like to believe that genius is the only method of success, it is shown quite often that there are many circumstances beyond one's control, and that Fortune generally plays an equal part in the rise of any phenomenon.

Source.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#28 Dec 11 2010 at 12:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Okay, yes, people are playing Cataclysm. That's no reason to come start an obvious flame war. You can post this again in the WoW general forum. I am not going to move it because it's already devolved enough as it is.
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)