Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Why to stick in FFXIV than running back to WOW or FFXI #2Follow

#1 Dec 12 2010 at 4:34 PM Rating: Default
30 posts
As i said im noob for posting i hope is readable this time, dont be to hard lol.


Well first of all im not a fan boy or a guy that likes to do forum sstuff, but i ussually read forum for info or feedback on abbilities, strategy, etc. In the past few months a been reading lots of threads that gives really pesimistic things abot FFXIV and i been playing since release and seen that a lot of things ar not being fair with the game, well at least after the november update, before that i wouldnt be posting anything because of the several flaws it had.


Well first of all ive played both FFXI an WOW, FFXI was my first MMORPG but i started playing when it had like 3 years running, and played like 3 or 4 years, i loved FFXI because of the multi job system where u could have ony 1 character with the job you liked when you wanted just had to go to my mog house and change my job, about the battle mechanics i liked it a lot evryone had their role in battle, i liked weapon skills, ive leveled up a lot of jobs but only a fews got the chance to get lvl75 Dark Knight and Dragoon because im for damage dealing in any game.


The story content was really good the thing that i liked most was the difficulty the game had, if you wanted to have the best gear possible it would you had to be trough to lot of pain to get it, you almost needed certain things done to get to start the quest line to get the gear you wanted, so in less words you had to do alot of hard stuff to get what you wanted and most of the time if not all the time you needed to do it with others because it was impossible doing it by yourself, and just a few got those gears so it had meaning when you were wearing that gear they could see how much you had been trough just by seeing your equipment.


the other thing that i liked was the NM's you could be on your way to get some are and suddenly you found yoursef in front of an NM and start asking your Linkshell for help to kill it before someone else came, that was a big difference from WOW those NM's were walking around and it could take 24hrs RL to spawn again after being killed and the gear they gave was far better than you coukld get in the Auction House.


Im not saying that in WOW there were NO NM's i killed a few but in later expansions were supress and changed for more bosses in the dungeons not bad but you could expect to get your gear in weeks and no in months, well ill talk about that later. Well i guess im going to long to my points, although theres a lot stuff to talk about in these two games.


The things that i didnt liked from FFXI were first of all you had to do everything with other people to have the chance to level up at a reasonable time, as i said in my first lines i started to play this game after 3 years since release so there was less people needing the same things that i needed because they had already done that stuff so it was harder to get help, especially from japanese pc, thats a thing that i can thank WOW no japanese racism, and it was pretty hardcore to get endgame content.


I got a few ending content but not all because i culdnt play that often to get there, well i liked the battle system altough it was kinda slow, yes there was an autoattack system but you had to fill the TP bar just to do a Weapon skill that would improve dramatically your damage, that i felt after playing wow, you could actually go to the kitchen get a coffee and came back and you had more than 100tp oh ok im gonna do guillotine oh sh*t i miss 2 hits let me go to the bathroom and hope im above 100tp, it was a lazy system, in WOW yes your spamming abbilities and have an auto attack but that autoattack hits for like 10% of your real damage with your abbilities that system is kinda like FFXIV, the thing about that abbility apamming had it reasons you had to know a sequence of abbilities just not spend all your energy, runes, rage, etc and end up doing nothing for a few seconds.


In that game the main thing in battle was same like FFXI everyone had their role as tanks would have to outlast every attack from mobs and hate management healers healing, and damage dealers doing as much damage as possible in a way that you had to install several programs that let you know what was everyone doing and how good they were just by the graphics those 3rd pty tools gave.


It was fun seeing you were number one in the list of Damage dealers, by the way, ive played WOW like for 2 years after loosing my content ID for FFXI, at first it was fun do some quest that doesnt matter you know the content and get quick exp just by YOURSELF, that thing was good for a few months, i liked that you had dungeons to raid(25 or 40 pc) and dungeons for 5 people before Wrath of the Lich King (WoTLK) it was a game with less difficulty than FFXI but fair enough to be interesting, everyone had their role, like the rogue had to be wise moving to get the mobs for you pty same as thief did in FFXI because if the tank got more than four mobs at the time was a certain death.


After the expansion of WoTLK it was easier to go berserk in the dungeons it doesnt matter how many u get at a time you could last well enough so every role was simplified, that was a backstep that blizzard did for me and i wasnt the only guy arguing about that in-game, well about the dungeons it was there were you could get the best gear but again it was in that expansion when that was simplified you could hunt for batches to get a nice gear little lesser stats than the ones in boss battles, so what happened you could get all you wanted in a mediocre way.


I got bored doing dungeons like 100 or 1000 times lol over and over again to get my batches and sometimes boss gear, so everything was simplier=boring, as i said the mechanics of battle was better for me in this game because this time during all fight i get to do a lot so i dont get bored, getting a party was a lot easier just shouting or putting your auto party and would be doing party soon enough depending on your role.


Both games has similar things like besieged-wintergrasp altough the second one was with pc, a little more fun, When i started playing FFXIV i noticed a few things from WOW and XI the battle mechanics from wow with the multi job system upgraded from FFXI, yes upgraded because this time you have several subjob abbilities, well theres not much contet, OK,but theres content on the way the difficulty has been lowered to leave players the options to do things by theirself ok it sounds good but it must have more diffculty like XI in a few things.


In this game the gear you can use whatever you want i dunno if its a positive thing but ill give it a try, theres gonna be a lot of NM's that sounds like we're gonna see again the importance of gear you're wearing, leves tells me that we're gonna have some kind of dungeon content like WOW with some difference, sounds good to me, you have the battle mechanics of WOW where you have to be paying attention of what youre doing that sounds really good you'll be for hours and wouldnt notice, thats a good thing i coould say about WOW you could be for 3-4 hours in raids and wouldnt notice until you felt tired an watch the clock.


What im trying to say is that this game has a lot of things that ive already experienced to be better than XI and WOW, and i could see that because i played both games got ending content in both games and got tired from both games, if i were to go back to WOW i would be getting in the same stuff i got bored or tell me what im gonna see different know? getting subjobs? or a wolf race and a goblin race that i dont care at all leveling?


This is what i think i will find, dungeons and raids that ill have to do over and over again to get more batches for better gear that 90% of the people will have wearing, and when im done of that? oh yeah more gear and more badges to colect while going to do dungeons over an over again for 100o times more, thats what im telling that theres no really new content in that game, just a few changes in the enviroment and thats all, and about FFXI i wouldnt dare to go level up there because ill end up getting to lvl 100 in 2 more years because of the lack of easy party system (well i heard that was improved lately) and more important that game is gonna die because SE is gonna be more pending on FFXIV arise.


I would like to see some repplies to this post and see what you're thining what things am i missing and in what things you disagree, well thank you all i guess i ended up doing a pretty large post hope you end up reading.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1824036[/ffxivsig]
#2Ostia, Posted: Dec 12 2010 at 4:41 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?
#3 Dec 12 2010 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
**
692 posts
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait


Catgirls.
____________________________
Kaishen
Galka of Bahamut
EndlessFriends Linkshell
[DNC90] [WAR90] [MNK90]
#4 Dec 12 2010 at 5:01 PM Rating: Default
***
3,530 posts
KaishenRamuh wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait


Catgirls.


If that's FFXIV's selling point, then I think I was excited about it for the wrong reasons...
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#5 Dec 12 2010 at 5:05 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
539 posts
There was no need to make another thread about this as 2 people translated your wall-o-text from the first thread. Can we close and remove this one? :/
____________________________

[ffxivsig]995017[/ffxivsig]
#6 Dec 12 2010 at 5:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait


All classes on one character! HA! Smiley: clown Unfortunately that's about it so far.

Edited, Dec 12th 2010 6:19pm by SolidMack
____________________________
MUTED
#7 Dec 12 2010 at 5:27 PM Rating: Decent
30 posts
well i made another thread because i felt embarrased of the first one im noob for this so if it could be done i prefer the other one lol, im glad theres some visits and replies, well about what you were asking to name a few things that i think that are better from WOW i guess i was almost clear in my point.

If you read all the post you'll find that ive never even wrote about the graphics because i dont find that thing in a way too relevant, yes i like a game that looks great ok but not for that im gonna play it. Well first of all i like the multi job system thats a thing that you have experienced by now, i like the battle system that you know is similar to WOW, and the classes they introduced are interesting because in example you can make a very powerful black mage with the mix of conjurer and thaumaturge, or a kinda Dark knight with the mix of conjurer and marauder, and so on, and if you read the update notes for december and next year youll find they;re adding a kind of besieged content, NM's content and lots of stuff that makes me wanna keep playing.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1824036[/ffxivsig]
#8 Dec 12 2010 at 5:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
828 posts
rated up. for the simple reason that you tried to make it readable this time :)

I hate wow... just felt easy or never really felt much of an achievement accomplishing anything. plus it seemed repetitive. hi go kill 8 tigers, wow greatn ow kill 8 more stronger tigers. and repeat. its no different to the leve quests really. didnt really seem to a story or sense of direction. thus gave up at 60.

ffxi however. lots of things made me feel proud. from the first steps i took in lu'faise, to finally reaching ru'ann gardens and al'taiu. defeating am44, pm6-4, and a whole lot of other stuff. i never got the same satisfaction from wow. i hope 14 follows on.
____________________________


#9 Dec 12 2010 at 7:12 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
kepex wrote:
well i made another thread because i felt embarrased of the first one im noob for this so if it could be done i prefer the other one lol, im glad theres some visits and replies, well about what you were asking to name a few things that i think that are better from WOW i guess i was almost clear in my point.

If you read all the post you'll find that ive never even wrote about the graphics because i dont find that thing in a way too relevant, yes i like a game that looks great ok but not for that im gonna play it. Well first of all i like the multi job system thats a thing that you have experienced by now, i like the battle system that you know is similar to WOW, and the classes they introduced are interesting because in example you can make a very powerful black mage with the mix of conjurer and thaumaturge, or a kinda Dark knight with the mix of conjurer and marauder, and so on, and if you read the update notes for december and next year youll find they;re adding a kind of besieged content, NM's content and lots of stuff that makes me wanna keep playing.


My question was what does this game does better than the other, and you response was basically "Well in the future blablablabla" i'm not interested in the future, because i can come up with stuff that Blizzard will do in the future to counter your future plans that SE has in store, i'm talking about right now, other than graphics what does this game offer's that wow does not?

As for the class mechanic, first of is not new, it's just your regular classes with new name's, as for how they will work in an actual raid structure, we cant say, there is no raid, no content to test them on, they might be great, they might end up being a horrible design, we'll get to that bridge when we get there i guess
____________________________
MUTED
#10 Dec 12 2010 at 7:51 PM Rating: Default
**
429 posts
FFXIV has zero content besides leveling up. Can't disagree with the people leaving. Hopefully come PS3 release they'll make it worth playing, if they haven't already irreparably damaged the game with the PC release.
#11 Dec 12 2010 at 8:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
546 posts
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait



its not named WoW, and everything single thing else.
#12 Dec 12 2010 at 9:41 PM Rating: Excellent
*
237 posts
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait



When do MMOs have to be better than WoW in order for people to play? Just sayin'......

If people like what WoW does go play it. I'll keep playing XIV just for the fact that it's NOT wow.
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#13 Dec 12 2010 at 9:52 PM Rating: Decent
*
213 posts
Post too long to read. Also, tired of posts like this.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1808822[/ffxivsig]
#14 Dec 12 2010 at 10:11 PM Rating: Good
*
55 posts
i do not think you can compare wow with ffxiv because they are different types of games. wow is meant for fast leveling and instant entertainment while ffxiv is made more for a person that likes to feel a sense of accomplishment. it would be like comparing driving a fast car to Atlantic city to go gambling to driving a slow car to Vegas. if you want to get there fast and have decent gambling then the first opinion is better but if you have the time then going all the way to Vegas in a slow car will pay off more. its just two different types of games all around. ffxiv is just a game with more dynamics to it and less help along the way or no addons to make it easier for you. while wow is still a fun game it just targets a different group of people.
#15 Dec 12 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Excellent
**
696 posts
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait



Story.

WoW stole warhammers story back when Blizzard was trying to get the contract to make the warhammer game. Arthas the lich king = Malekith the witch king. Nuff said there. Look into it you'll see.

So basically after exhausting the story they changed the branding on, what does wow have left? Regurgitated black dragonflight? Haris Pilton? Loads of other random pop culture references? That's what WoW story has come down to.

So With a great deal of ease FFXIV beats WoW on story even if you do want to claim it as theirs.


Edited, Dec 12th 2010 11:20pm by zoltanrs
#16 Dec 12 2010 at 11:02 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait



Story.

WoW stole warhammers story back when Blizzard was trying to get the contract to make the warhammer game. Arthas the lich king = Malekith the witch king. Nuff said there. Look into it you'll see.

So basically after exhausting the story they changed the branding on, what does wow have left? Regurgitated black dragonflight? Haris Pilton? Loads of other random pop culture references? That's what WoW story has come down to.

So With a great deal of ease FFXIV beats WoW on story even if you do want to claim it as theirs.


Edited, Dec 12th 2010 11:20pm by zoltanrs


Source? Oh yeah you just talking BS <.< And really Arthas ? The guy that came around years and years after the WC franchise was established ? Wow...

Also none of the pop references play any role in the main lore, they are there for comic relief, and that's it :)

Now as for the FFXIV Story: Oh a big bad empire invades!!! come on really it has not been done right ? i mean not even in any FF series right ? nope not at all XD!
____________________________
MUTED
#17 Dec 13 2010 at 12:04 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
106 posts
I have never played WOW until this last month. After being thoroughly disappointed with FFXIV and losing interest in FFXI due to all the abyssea changes/dumbing down of the game in general, I decided to try out what 12 million other people are playing. I must say that I am really impressed. While I wouldn't say it was better than FFXI in its prime, it definitely does so many things right and gives the user full control. People saying that WOW's graphics are terrible seem off the mark. It's amazing how they improved an old engine and on high settings the game looks amazing if you are into the artsy look. I actually preferred FFXI's graphics to FFXIV's and the zones in FFXIV are just a wasteland of the same rehashed pixels.

I'm enjoying WoW for now and I'm hoping Guild Wars 2 does something really impressive. At this point in time I don't really have any faith that FFXIV will be fun to play in the near future. This game will survive due to the extreme loyalists. Some people are having fun, but this game will definitely be a disappointment in SE's eyes and hopefully they will learn in the future. I really wish SE built upon FFXI, hopefully if they decide in the future to make another MMO they will build upon what FFXI did.
#18 Dec 13 2010 at 12:28 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
676 posts
Quote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?
Um... everything? Sorry, but if WoW is the standard you're going by, maybe you need to up the ante a little bit. There are plenty of other MMO's out there, some of them have superior combat systems to WoW and virtually all of them are better looking. Expand your comfort zones and realise that WoW hasn't been the ultimate MMO since 2008, it's just the one everyone knows about.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1814124[/ffxivsig]
FFXI: Siren Server: Seiowan Lvl 99 WHM, SCH, BLM
FFXIV: Ragnarok Server: Lemuria Glitterhands All Classes 50
#19 Dec 13 2010 at 12:45 AM Rating: Decent
The butthurt over WoW being popular is starting to get a little overwhelming. I mean if you don't like that game, that's totally cool, but you might want to think about at least knowing what you're talking about before you spout off. And I say this to be as helpful as possible. If you are going to make a convincing argument, you might want to actually, you know, talk about what you know about, because you say things that are blatantly false, and someone who has a little experience with both games will say 'you know, thats blatantly false, somehow, I'm not convinced by your argument!'

So: point of advice. If you have never played WoW in your life, just don't talk about it. Don't make claims you heard from a guy who heard from a guy who's dog has a level 30 paladin. Trust me, you're just looking stupid.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#20 Dec 13 2010 at 12:50 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Glitterhands wrote:
Quote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?
Um... everything? Sorry, but if WoW is the standard you're going by, maybe you need to up the ante a little bit. There are plenty of other MMO's out there, some of them have superior combat systems to WoW and virtually all of them are better looking. Expand your comfort zones and realise that WoW hasn't been the ultimate MMO since 2008, it's just the one everyone knows about.


By everything you mean, boring grind and grinding craft's right ? Because in what other area does this game even offers gameplay ?

I can understand having different taste in gameplay, but flat out saying this game offers everything wow does and does it better is just flat out delusional, considering, this game has no content at later tier's, nor does it has any PVP, it does not even has Bosses! And do not tell me this game requires skill, there is nothing in this game that requires any sort of skill.

You can prove me wrong tho, but do not come and tell me about the future this game hold's, i'm talking right now
____________________________
MUTED
#21 Dec 13 2010 at 12:56 AM Rating: Good
Glitterhands wrote:
Quote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?
Um... everything? Sorry, but if WoW is the standard you're going by, maybe you need to up the ante a little bit. There are plenty of other MMO's out there, some of them have superior combat systems to WoW and virtually all of them are better looking. Expand your comfort zones and realise that WoW hasn't been the ultimate MMO since 2008, it's just the one everyone knows about.



Hey, so I just got back fighting against the black dragonfight who is trying to destroy the world. Lets see, in the past couple hours I rode on the back of a dragon fighting against other dragons, I helped some dwarves try to unite their clans through to fight against the cult trying to help the dragons, when I got tired of story I went and did some archaeology which gives you relics in order to cover ancient lore questions, oh lets see. Yesterday I fought the Naga in an entirely underwater zone, I actually got to play as Naga at one point, which was awesome, naga battlemaidens are badass. I rode in a gnomish submarine and fought a battle against the minions of an evil god, I played bait to catch a shark for a crazy guy, I freaking flew over Stormwind, more beautiful than I can describe.

What did you do? Ground some points on Dodos? That's pretty cool I guess.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#22 Dec 13 2010 at 1:00 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Quote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?
Um... everything? Sorry, but if WoW is the standard you're going by, maybe you need to up the ante a little bit. There are plenty of other MMO's out there, some of them have superior combat systems to WoW and virtually all of them are better looking. Expand your comfort zones and realise that WoW hasn't been the ultimate MMO since 2008, it's just the one everyone knows about.



Hey, so I just got back fighting against the black dragonfight who is trying to destroy the world. Lets see, in the past couple hours I rode on the back of a dragon fighting against other dragons, I helped some dwarves try to unite their clans through to fight against the cult trying to help the dragons, when I got tired of story I went and did some archaeology which gives you relics in order to cover ancient lore questions, oh lets see. Yesterday I fought the Naga in an entirely underwater zone, I actually got to play as Naga at one point, which was awesome, naga battlemaidens are badass. I rode in a gnomish submarine and fought a battle against the minions of an evil god, I played bait to catch a shark for a crazy guy, I freaking flew over Stormwind, more beautiful than I can describe.

What did you do? Ground some points on Dodos? That's pretty cool I guess.


You silly alliance!

BTW: Twilight highland is awesome, the entire zone storyline is pretty OP. Did you get to the part where a certain black dragon face's off vs a very big horn red dragon ?

If you are lvl 85, have you done any heroics ? they are brutal :(
____________________________
MUTED
#23 Dec 13 2010 at 1:03 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,949 posts
Ostia wrote:
Source? Oh yeah you just talking BS <.< And really Arthas ? The guy that came around years and years after the WC franchise was established ? Wow...

Please, do some research before you open your mouth. Before long, you'll try to tell us that Lord of the Rings totally ripped orcs and goblins from Dungeons And Dragons.

Wikipedia:
The first edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (WFB) was released by Games Workshop in early 1983.

1994 - Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#24 Dec 13 2010 at 1:11 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
551 posts
You cannot compare FFXIV to WoW, or any other existing mmo for that matter.

Unless you can name me another current mmo with practically no content, very little story, and great visuals applied to copy and pasted environments. Oh, and which it's own developers even say the game is sh*t.

FFXIV is in a league all its own. And this is one time that's NOT a good thing.

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 2:15am by Zorvan
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#25Ostia, Posted: Dec 13 2010 at 1:18 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You know i was thinking you where gonna show me, how blizzard ripped off arthas character from something in WH, but wow ORCS AND GOBLINS! Woot!
#26 Dec 13 2010 at 1:31 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
106 posts
The people saying this game requires more skill and offers more than WOW are extremely delusional. As it stands right now, FFXIV is one of the most dumbed down MMO's I have ever played. FFXI is probably my most ideal MMO in its prime but WOW certainly does alot of things right. I'm not saying I want a similar WOW experience from FFXIV, im just saying I wan't some experience in general. I would've loved a FFXI v2 but SE decided to scrap almost everything they learned from it and came out with this unpolished mess. FFXIV lacks any type of soul and this lack of soul is the major reason why people aren't even playing the game for free.

I really do hope SE can find a way to fix it but the hole they are in is gigantic. It definitely speaks to the trouble this game is in when a company as stubborn as SE decides to make major changes in the leadership roles concerning the direction of the game.
#27ironmonk25, Posted: Dec 13 2010 at 1:55 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) tomorrow ill post a screenshot of wow at max setting. game looks great. and op good post, only reason I come too this board anymore is to see the fans pitiful attempts at defending this game. always an excuse.
#28 Dec 13 2010 at 1:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
29 posts
Seriously why do you have to compare WoW that was released back in 2004 while FFXIV was just released 3 months ago?
And to compare them based on content? what are you guys thinking? "WoW had so much things to do and FFXIV dont.." Do you know what's the difference between an MMO that has been in the market for 6 years and the one that is released 3 months ago?
____________________________


#29 Dec 13 2010 at 2:18 AM Rating: Decent
*
71 posts
^^ lol case and point. I couldn't have planned better timing.
#30 Dec 13 2010 at 2:28 AM Rating: Good
***
1,408 posts
KaishenRamuh wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait


Catgirls.


A lalla that falls asleep when sitting down.

On a serious note, the job system. Its what I loved about XI over any other MMO, it was the best job system in existance. XIV goes one step better then that.

But XIV showed why XI was something special that it was not a solo game like WoW. XIV tried to be a mix so it was more friendly but perhaps that was SE's mistake, they tried to give the people what they wanted and even that isnt good enough.

Oh and another thing, the craft system is much better.

I could write a long list but to be frank, I should wait 3 years before comparing a game like WoW and XIV. If I compare XI to WoW I would be here all day. If you dont like XIV then frankly delete your account and go back to WoW.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]620816[/ffxivsig]

If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#31 Dec 13 2010 at 2:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
29 posts
I didn't know WoW makes you become a retarded person. That's amazing!
____________________________


#32 Dec 13 2010 at 3:41 AM Rating: Excellent
3 posts
Lonix wrote:
KaishenRamuh wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

Dont worry i'll wait


Catgirls.


A lalla that falls asleep when sitting down.

On a serious note, the job system. Its what I loved about XI over any other MMO, it was the best job system in existance. XIV goes one step better then that.

But XIV showed why XI was something special that it was not a solo game like WoW. XIV tried to be a mix so it was more friendly but perhaps that was SE's mistake, they tried to give the people what they wanted and even that isnt good enough.

Oh and another thing, the craft system is much better.

I could write a long list but to be frank, I should wait 3 years before comparing a game like WoW and XIV. If I compare XI to WoW I would be here all day. If you dont like XIV then frankly delete your account and go back to WoW.


Right now, I think ffxi still has the better job system, but that's probably because the lack of melee jobs in ffxiv. I really hope that in the near future SE will add new jobs. Just imagine running around as a sam once again...
#33 Dec 13 2010 at 3:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
ironmonk25 wrote:
^^ lol case and point.


explain to us the meaning of the phrase you just used please.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#34 Dec 13 2010 at 12:15 PM Rating: Decent
Aucis wrote:
Seriously why do you have to compare WoW that was released back in 2004 while FFXIV was just released 3 months ago?
And to compare them based on content? what are you guys thinking? "WoW had so much things to do and FFXIV dont.." Do you know what's the difference between an MMO that has been in the market for 6 years and the one that is released 3 months ago?


Sigh. Blind defenders at the same time claiming its not fair to compare the two, but if you did, WoW has no content anyways! derp.

Nobody want FFXIV to have MORE content than WoW. Nobody is saying it needs to. People are pointing out that its a stupid argument that WoW has no content, no lore, no gameplay, no whatever else ignorant people are shouting to make themselves feel better.

No, We KNOW that FFXIV is not going to have that much, it's a new game. And that's fine. It has to have *some* content though, something for people to do. Whether that be story, or heck, just a good crafting system where people can find the things they need to work on their tradeskill and they can get the things they make to the masses.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#35 Dec 13 2010 at 2:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
29 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Aucis wrote:
Seriously why do you have to compare WoW that was released back in 2004 while FFXIV was just released 3 months ago?
And to compare them based on content? what are you guys thinking? "WoW had so much things to do and FFXIV dont.." Do you know what's the difference between an MMO that has been in the market for 6 years and the one that is released 3 months ago?


Sigh. Blind defenders at the same time claiming its not fair to compare the two, but if you did, WoW has no content anyways! derp.

Nobody want FFXIV to have MORE content than WoW. Nobody is saying it needs to. People are pointing out that its a stupid argument that WoW has no content, no lore, no gameplay, no whatever else ignorant people are shouting to make themselves feel better.

No, We KNOW that FFXIV is not going to have that much, it's a new game. And that's fine. It has to have *some* content though, something for people to do. Whether that be story, or heck, just a good crafting system where people can find the things they need to work on their tradeskill and they can get the things they make to the masses.


Your first 2 paragraphs doesn't make sense to me.

FFXIV already have story and good crafting system (SE is currently working on the search function btw). But anyway, *some* content as you've mentioned might seem little, but the fact is, it is actually larger in capacity giving its current size of the client itself. And that is without *that much* content as you've said. For SE to put up more content and at the same time coping with the standard of quality (graphics, animations, sounds etc.) is a lot of work and takes time.

I am indeed defending based on the facts and that I am truly getting sick of people who hates the game and just couldn't leave. I guess these people deserves to be disappointed.



____________________________


#36 Dec 13 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
828 posts
I hate WOW i gave my reasons above. at least i took the time to play it and see for myself. but just because someone else likes it and i dont, doesn't make my reasons wrong.

what fks me off though. is when people ***** oh why do you hate it, its so much better than anything.

what i really hate though is the attitude of i like it/hate it. therefor the whole world must do the same.
you like wow? great have fun go play it. you hate it? then don't
you like ff? great have fun go play it. you hate it? then don't.

Ostia wrote:
Name one thing this game does better than WOW, that's not Graphic's or Sucking ?

it keeps me entertained more than wow did.
at the end of the day i'm the guy paying and thats all that matters.

WillCider wrote:
I'm enjoying WoW
to him thats all that matters. it's his money afterall.

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 3:53pm by Dzian
____________________________


#37 Dec 13 2010 at 2:56 PM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
Interesting title. Is FFXIV so weak that our peers must beg us to stay in this game and wait for improvement rather than play another game that might give us more enjoyment?

Apparently so.

I skimmed over the OP and he sounds like someone who never really got into the deep stuff in WoW - he mentions grinding for badges and hating it but somehow loving the grinds that gave no reward in FFXI. I don't really understand the argument the OP is having with himself.

I've argued in other threads against the folks who swear WoW has no story or is just a grindfest, so I'll give is a rest for the moment. But I will leave you with this:

Who are you really trying to convince? Us? (meaning those who play WoW)

Or yourselves?
#38 Dec 13 2010 at 3:22 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
225 posts
Let's compare leveling, FFXIV slower than WOW. In Cata the first raid is already beaten at 11/12. Not even 2 weeks out!
WoW had no endgame content when it launched either, so FFXIV and WoW are on equal terms there.

How hard is WoW? Seriously WoW is MMOs for dummys. Let the teenagers stay there. We don't need them here. The difference between FFXIV and WoW, there will be no "die in the fire" types in FFXIV (if they attempt to play FFXIV their little heads may blow up from having to think), THANK GOODNESS!

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 4:23pm by Spyrit178
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1807212[/ffxivsig]
#39 Dec 13 2010 at 3:27 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Aucis wrote:
Seriously why do you have to compare WoW that was released back in 2004 while FFXIV was just released 3 months ago?
And to compare them based on content? what are you guys thinking? "WoW had so much things to do and FFXIV dont.." Do you know what's the difference between an MMO that has been in the market for 6 years and the one that is released 3 months ago?


I see this a lot from people, and its wrong. You cannot compare the content of a game thats been out for 6+ years now to a game thats just come out. However, you absolutely can and should be comparing the quality of the content that is released.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]971172[/ffxivsig]
#40 Dec 13 2010 at 3:33 PM Rating: Decent
30 posts
Im glad that everyone had something to say about the 3 games, i must say that there were a lot of things that i missed posting, but i could reply a few.

Well some tells that WoW has a lot of content that makes them stick in that game, im not trying to convince nobody im just telling that i have more fun in FFXIV than i had in WoW after a few months of playing the thing is that theres nothing new that it could offer for me, for a guy that never played WoW it could mean having a very complete game that has a lot to do (for a few months), but for one that has played more than a year (i plaayed for 2 years and a half or three), has nothing to offer just 5 levels to level up and more dungeons.

What im saying is that i dont know how many dungeons they putted this time but lets say they have 8 new dungeons, with the system as it is now, youre still gonna do those 8 dungeons over and over again to get badges to buy some gear, to even stand a chance for the 2 raids dungeons youll have (im being too positive about that, altough im guessing ull get just one for story) the other are crappy, so what im going to have? just that and 2 more races that i dont even care to level up because im too sick of doing the same stuff when leveling up (dungeons, more dungeons and QUEST, im gonna have nightmares just to think about that again LOL.

Thats what i think about WoW, i dont care if you love that game, i loved that game once you know, but now is boring, i need new stuff to have fun and i dont see FFXI or WoW having fresh stuff.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1824036[/ffxivsig]
#41 Dec 13 2010 at 3:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
225 posts
KujaKoF wrote:
Aucis wrote:
Seriously why do you have to compare WoW that was released back in 2004 while FFXIV was just released 3 months ago?
And to compare them based on content? what are you guys thinking? "WoW had so much things to do and FFXIV dont.." Do you know what's the difference between an MMO that has been in the market for 6 years and the one that is released 3 months ago?


I see this a lot from people, and its wrong. You cannot compare the content of a game thats been out for 6+ years now to a game thats just come out. However, you absolutely can and should be comparing the quality of the content that is released.


Something that is nearly beaten in less than 2 weeks, I wouldn't exactly call that content.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1807212[/ffxivsig]
#42 Dec 13 2010 at 4:24 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
kepex wrote:
As i said im noob for posting i hope is readable this time, dont be to hard lol.


Well first of all im not a fan boy or a guy that likes to do forum sstuff, but i ussually read forum for info or feedback on abbilities, strategy, etc. In the past few months a been reading lots of threads that gives really pesimistic things abot FFXIV and i been playing since release and seen that a lot of things ar not being fair with the game, well at least after the november update, before that i wouldnt be posting anything because of the several flaws it had.


Well first of all ive played both FFXI an WOW, FFXI was my first MMORPG but i started playing when it had like 3 years running, and played like 3 or 4 years, i loved FFXI because of the multi job system where u could have ony 1 character with the job you liked when you wanted just had to go to my mog house and change my job, about the battle mechanics i liked it a lot evryone had their role in battle, i liked weapon skills, ive leveled up a lot of jobs but only a fews got the chance to get lvl75 Dark Knight and Dragoon because im for damage dealing in any game.


The story content was really good the thing that i liked most was the difficulty the game had, if you wanted to have the best gear possible it would you had to be trough to lot of pain to get it, you almost needed certain things done to get to start the quest line to get the gear you wanted, so in less words you had to do alot of hard stuff to get what you wanted and most of the time if not all the time you needed to do it with others because it was impossible doing it by yourself, and just a few got those gears so it had meaning when you were wearing that gear they could see how much you had been trough just by seeing your equipment.


the other thing that i liked was the NM's you could be on your way to get some are and suddenly you found yoursef in front of an NM and start asking your Linkshell for help to kill it before someone else came, that was a big difference from WOW those NM's were walking around and it could take 24hrs RL to spawn again after being killed and the gear they gave was far better than you coukld get in the Auction House.


Im not saying that in WOW there were NO NM's i killed a few but in later expansions were supress and changed for more bosses in the dungeons not bad but you could expect to get your gear in weeks and no in months, well ill talk about that later. Well i guess im going to long to my points, although theres a lot stuff to talk about in these two games.


The things that i didnt liked from FFXI were first of all you had to do everything with other people to have the chance to level up at a reasonable time, as i said in my first lines i started to play this game after 3 years since release so there was less people needing the same things that i needed because they had already done that stuff so it was harder to get help, especially from japanese pc, thats a thing that i can thank WOW no japanese racism, and it was pretty hardcore to get endgame content.


I got a few ending content but not all because i culdnt play that often to get there, well i liked the battle system altough it was kinda slow, yes there was an autoattack system but you had to fill the TP bar just to do a Weapon skill that would improve dramatically your damage, that i felt after playing wow, you could actually go to the kitchen get a coffee and came back and you had more than 100tp oh ok im gonna do guillotine oh sh*t i miss 2 hits let me go to the bathroom and hope im above 100tp, it was a lazy system, in WOW yes your spamming abbilities and have an auto attack but that autoattack hits for like 10% of your real damage with your abbilities that system is kinda like FFXIV, the thing about that abbility apamming had it reasons you had to know a sequence of abbilities just not spend all your energy, runes, rage, etc and end up doing nothing for a few seconds.


In that game the main thing in battle was same like FFXI everyone had their role as tanks would have to outlast every attack from mobs and hate management healers healing, and damage dealers doing as much damage as possible in a way that you had to install several programs that let you know what was everyone doing and how good they were just by the graphics those 3rd pty tools gave.


It was fun seeing you were number one in the list of Damage dealers, by the way, ive played WOW like for 2 years after loosing my content ID for FFXI, at first it was fun do some quest that doesnt matter you know the content and get quick exp just by YOURSELF, that thing was good for a few months, i liked that you had dungeons to raid(25 or 40 pc) and dungeons for 5 people before Wrath of the Lich King (WoTLK) it was a game with less difficulty than FFXI but fair enough to be interesting, everyone had their role, like the rogue had to be wise moving to get the mobs for you pty same as thief did in FFXI because if the tank got more than four mobs at the time was a certain death.


After the expansion of WoTLK it was easier to go berserk in the dungeons it doesnt matter how many u get at a time you could last well enough so every role was simplified, that was a backstep that blizzard did for me and i wasnt the only guy arguing about that in-game, well about the dungeons it was there were you could get the best gear but again it was in that expansion when that was simplified you could hunt for batches to get a nice gear little lesser stats than the ones in boss battles, so what happened you could get all you wanted in a mediocre way.


I got bored doing dungeons like 100 or 1000 times lol over and over again to get my batches and sometimes boss gear, so everything was simplier=boring, as i said the mechanics of battle was better for me in this game because this time during all fight i get to do a lot so i dont get bored, getting a party was a lot easier just shouting or putting your auto party and would be doing party soon enough depending on your role.


Both games has similar things like besieged-wintergrasp altough the second one was with pc, a little more fun, When i started playing FFXIV i noticed a few things from WOW and XI the battle mechanics from wow with the multi job system upgraded from FFXI, yes upgraded because this time you have several subjob abbilities, well theres not much contet, OK,but theres content on the way the difficulty has been lowered to leave players the options to do things by theirself ok it sounds good but it must have more diffculty like XI in a few things.


In this game the gear you can use whatever you want i dunno if its a positive thing but ill give it a try, theres gonna be a lot of NM's that sounds like we're gonna see again the importance of gear you're wearing, leves tells me that we're gonna have some kind of dungeon content like WOW with some difference, sounds good to me, you have the battle mechanics of WOW where you have to be paying attention of what youre doing that sounds really good you'll be for hours and wouldnt notice, thats a good thing i coould say about WOW you could be for 3-4 hours in raids and wouldnt notice until you felt tired an watch the clock.


What im trying to say is that this game has a lot of things that ive already experienced to be better than XI and WOW, and i could see that because i played both games got ending content in both games and got tired from both games, if i were to go back to WOW i would be getting in the same stuff i got bored or tell me what im gonna see different know? getting subjobs? or a wolf race and a goblin race that i dont care at all leveling?


This is what i think i will find, dungeons and raids that ill have to do over and over again to get more batches for better gear that 90% of the people will have wearing, and when im done of that? oh yeah more gear and more badges to colect while going to do dungeons over an over again for 100o times more, thats what im telling that theres no really new content in that game, just a few changes in the enviroment and thats all, and about FFXI i wouldnt dare to go level up there because ill end up getting to lvl 100 in 2 more years because of the lack of easy party system (well i heard that was improved lately) and more important that game is gonna die because SE is gonna be more pending on FFXIV arise.


I would like to see some repplies to this post and see what you're thining what things am i missing and in what things you disagree, well thank you all i guess i ended up doing a pretty large post hope you end up reading.


game needs some fun elements, as it stands its only good for brain dead retards doing the same **** over and over, not only did someone shoot the pooch on this one but they ran over it twice then when and shot its family... then ran them over too. the only fun im having with this game is watching it fall on its **** week by week.
#43ironmonk25, Posted: Dec 13 2010 at 4:28 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) as for content, you have mentioned they have beaten on raid one raid....way to go...how many raids are there in a typical wow expansion...more then one. even if they had only one. that would still be one more then FFXIV. way to prove a point! also there heads wouldnt explode from thinking about playing FFXIV....they might die from sheer boredom...or lack of things to do...or having to press the 1 button over and over.....again another FFXIV diehard fan that thinks terrible game design and slower gameplay translates into a harder game. way to prove you are an idiot
#44Ostia, Posted: Dec 13 2010 at 5:20 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Seriously if you dont know WTF you are talking about then dont.
#45 Dec 13 2010 at 5:21 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Spyrit178 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Aucis wrote:
Seriously why do you have to compare WoW that was released back in 2004 while FFXIV was just released 3 months ago?
And to compare them based on content? what are you guys thinking? "WoW had so much things to do and FFXIV dont.." Do you know what's the difference between an MMO that has been in the market for 6 years and the one that is released 3 months ago?


I see this a lot from people, and its wrong. You cannot compare the content of a game thats been out for 6+ years now to a game thats just come out. However, you absolutely can and should be comparing the quality of the content that is released.


Something that is nearly beaten in less than 2 weeks, I wouldn't exactly call that content.


But we can call all those Dodo's and wild life content, even tho you see them from lvl 1-cap right ? Lmao!

____________________________
MUTED
#46 Dec 13 2010 at 5:51 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
225 posts
After the amount of time wow had vs FFXIV, and the "content" gets easier and easier, if anyone is spending more than 30 days getting 5 levels in wow, shouldnt be playing at all. Seriously give it up everyone with an I.Q. higher than a tomato knows WoW is a mediocre MMO.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1807212[/ffxivsig]
#47Ostia, Posted: Dec 13 2010 at 6:03 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yes! Let's all bow down to the MMORPG with 4/10 Score's across the board XD!
#48 Dec 13 2010 at 6:21 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
225 posts
Ostia wrote:
Spyrit178 wrote:
After the amount of time wow had vs FFXIV, and the "content" gets easier and easier, if anyone is spending more than 30 days getting 5 levels in wow, shouldnt be playing at all. Seriously give it up everyone with an I.Q. higher than a tomato knows WoW is a mediocre MMO.


Yes! Let's all bow down to the MMORPG with 4/10 Score's across the board XD!



I rest my case.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1807212[/ffxivsig]
#49 Dec 13 2010 at 6:23 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Spyrit178 wrote:
After the amount of time wow had vs FFXIV, and the "content" gets easier and easier, if anyone is spending more than 30 days getting 5 levels in wow, shouldnt be playing at all. Seriously give it up everyone with an I.Q. higher than a tomato knows WoW is a mediocre MMO.


A few years ago blizzard learned that their players didn't particularly like the leveling grind, and preferred to do interesting and (at the time) innovative endgame content. (as an aside, I say innovative because rather than the typical tank and spanks, and simply running out of attack ranges, and having more dynamic boss fights. They've definately lost that edge by the end of WOTLK). Anyways, that strategy made them hundreds of millions of dollars, so I'll say it worked out pretty well for them. They know that people who want to have a capped class in the near future, not several months to a year away. Keeps people rerolling, and it keeps people playing and paying. I fully believe that if leveling something to cap took as long as it does in FFXIV, WOW's replayability would drop.

FFXIV's going the way they did in FFXI, and hoping that people will be willing to level 1 class to cap over several months, and then starting another one and doing it all over. I think they are greatly overestimating how much players *want* to redo the same content over and over again.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]971172[/ffxivsig]
#50 Dec 13 2010 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
225 posts
The game is tailored for leveling more than one class. The more subs you have the better your main gets. Having crafting and gathering as classes themselves is a very different direction for them to take. Only the players will turn this game into an FFXI, let's hope it don't go that direction. I'd rather it earn it's own niche, then be a knockoff to another game by the same company.

Blizzard had dumb downed WoW so much their own players cannot play another game where npcs lack "!", over their heads.

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 7:31pm by Spyrit178

Edited, Dec 13th 2010 7:32pm by Spyrit178
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1807212[/ffxivsig]
#51 Dec 13 2010 at 7:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
322 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Hey, so I just got back fighting against the black dragonfight who is trying to destroy the world. Lets see, in the past couple hours I rode on the back of a dragon fighting against other dragons, I helped some dwarves try to unite their clans through to fight against the cult trying to help the dragons, when I got tired of story I went and did some archaeology which gives you relics in order to cover ancient lore questions, oh lets see. Yesterday I fought the Naga in an entirely underwater zone, I actually got to play as Naga at one point, which was awesome, naga battlemaidens are badass. I rode in a gnomish submarine and fought a battle against the minions of an evil god, I played bait to catch a shark for a crazy guy, I freaking flew over Stormwind, more beautiful than I can describe.

What did you do? Ground some points on Dodos? That's pretty cool I guess.


Hahahaha best post in this thread, because it is true.

Anyone judging WoW without playing Cata needs a bullet. I absolutely hated WoW but gone back to it this expansion for a spin and I can't believe how much more entertaining it is than FFXIV.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1746409[/ffxivsig]

« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (15)