this seems like a great thread to ask if my system will have any luck running ffxiv since i do not understand a lot about this type of thing.
i have a Compaq presario rs5505f its prolly 4-5 years old and 2nd cheapest one best buy had at the time
all i have done with it is add a 2gb ram stick? i think that's what it is called. but it has ran ffxi with only a little bit of lag in dynamis, wow even tho i don't like to admit i played wow, aion, runes of magic, lotro, and a few other games with no real issues as long as i turn the graphic settings down to minimum. do you think i will even be able to play ffxiv? i do not really care about grafics to much i just want good game to play and i miss FF.
Compaq presario rs5505f
* Desktop PC with 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon X2 4200 dual core processor, 1MB L2 cache
* 1024 MB PC2 6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory 1x1024MB, expandable to 4GB, 160 GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
* NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE graphics with TurboCache with 128MB dedicated graphics memory
* SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, dims in inches: 16.77 L x 6.67 W x 14.85 H/D approx., 21.25 lbs. Approx.
no way this rig can run FF14.
anyway, if you actually have the computer, you should run the benchmark before asking here.
P.S. A 1+2GB ram might actually work slower than a 2x1GB. Edited, Dec 12th 2010 8:50pm by timmyofalex