Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
This Forum is Read Only

December Version Updates (12/14/2010)Follow

#1 Dec 14 2010 at 5:15 AM Rating: Excellent
**
398 posts
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html#5aaa4bab31acc4b17afb1c695e82a85e1d21e2e2


December Version Updates (12/14/2010)

As promised in the Topics post of December 10, we would today like to announce the date and content details of the forthcoming mid-December version update.

◆Date & Times
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
◆Contents

* New enemies, including notorious monsters
* New guildleves
* Many new recipes
* Further improvements to the naming and organization of market wards
* An additional free retainer slot
* Improved response times on the retainer exchange interface
* Further improvements to the user interface
* Increased text limit for chat log input

For a complete list of changes, please see the comprehensive details posted on the day of the version update.

◆Second December Version Update
The development team is continuing to take player feedback to heart concerning the item search feature of the market wards. We are currently aiming to introduce the first of several changes by year's end, and assure you that additional improvements will be ongoing in order to make a more intuitive and functional system.

Details regarding the date and content of the second December version update will be announced in a future Topics post.

Until then, we hope that you continue to enjoy your adventures in Eorzea!


Does this mean no search function in the wards?
#2 Dec 14 2010 at 5:17 AM Rating: Good
*
141 posts
Meowshi wrote:
Does this mean no search function in the wards?


Read this

Quote:
For a complete list of changes, please see the comprehensive details posted on the day of the version update.


Then think... how the heck can you tell that when theirs telling you that they wrote only about 5 things that will be in this patch and about 50 other that will be *** well but they write what is it in Patch Notes when the update will take place...
#3 Dec 14 2010 at 5:18 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
27 posts
Meowshi wrote:
* An additional free retainer slot


Didn't know they were doing this
____________________________


Check out my retailers' bazaars at - http://ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar?t=2&srv=3&mn=Bosh
#4 Dec 14 2010 at 5:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
That would appear to be the case, no search function, maybe the 2nd dec update is an AH lol, nah doubtful, but it does appear search function for wards is not coming tomorrow, not good really!
____________________________



#5 Dec 14 2010 at 5:19 AM Rating: Good
**
398 posts
EmiyaShirou wrote:
Meowshi wrote:
Does this mean no search function in the wards?


Read this

Quote:
For a complete list of changes, please see the comprehensive details posted on the day of the version update.


Then think... how the heck can you tell that when theirs telling you that they wrote only about 5 things that will be in this patch and about 50 other that will be *** well but they write what is it in Patch Notes when the update will take place...



It just feels odd that they would say

Quote:
* Further improvements to the naming and organization of market wards

and not say something with the search function in that sentence.
#6 Dec 14 2010 at 5:22 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
32 posts
Quote:
◆Second December Version Update
The development team is continuing to take player feedback to heart concerning the item search feature of the market wards. We are currently aiming to introduce the first of several changes by year's end, and assure you that additional improvements will be ongoing in order to make a more intuitive and functional system.


Also thios implys no search function yet see title of the only part of the article that refers to search feature in wards
____________________________



#7 Dec 14 2010 at 5:28 AM Rating: Good
**
498 posts
Cool! New content is definitely welcome, additional space via another retainer is absolutely welcome!

Some changes to the wards, hopefully good ones. That is still a big stumbling block. With two retainers at least we can choose to be more picky with what we place on bazaar, and where.

Last but not least, I finally don't have to twitter-speak to have conversations in my LS! That was a ridiculous limitation, I'm glad they are fixing that.
#8 Dec 14 2010 at 5:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Did we already know about the text input length increase? This is very welcome news Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#9 Dec 14 2010 at 5:41 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
36 posts
OMG another retainer, finally :bowdown:

Now they just need to reduce durability loss on equipment and I'll be happy -_-
____________________________

Strife Nii ~ Conjuror 49, Botanist 37, Mining 33, Thaum 32, Culinary 27, Goldsmith 22
#10 Dec 14 2010 at 5:42 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Marketplace search got delayed till the end of December.

Some nice tidbits we didn't know about in the mid-Dec update, however.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#11 Dec 14 2010 at 5:44 AM Rating: Decent
42 posts
I for one am not looking forward to any search feature in the wards.

It will turn the wards into a penny war.

Everyone will have to list their items for sale a few gil lower then the other guys to be able to sell anything now that everything will be able to be seen all at once, and by the time you come back to see if anything sold, other players have undercut your sell price and yours did not sell since it was a higher price.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:47am by Gopi
____________________________


#12 Dec 14 2010 at 5:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
386 posts
Gopi wrote:
I for one am not looking forward to any search feature in the wards.

It will turn the wards into a penny war.

Everyone will have to list their items for sale a few gil lower then the other guys to be able to sell anything now that everything will be able to be seen all at once, and by the time you come back to see if anything sold, other players have undercut your sell price and yours did not sell since it was a higher price.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:47am by Gopi


It may be better to simply wait and see before jumping to conclusions. Last time I checked, when they first mentioned implementation of a search function, they said it would simply tell you who is selling the item with an icon over their heads so they're easy to find, not necessarily how much they're selling it for. Of course, this may change or have already changed and we just haven't heard anything regarding it yet.
#13 Dec 14 2010 at 5:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
32 posts
Thats a possibility Gopi but anything that means i dont have to spend a number of hours trying to find something amongst all the rubbish in the wrong wards as is generally the case, i am all for, even if it means being undercut by other players, thats what happens all over the place with prices, Seller A undercuts Seller B, Seller B undercuts back when they find out, eventually the price settles because both sellers are unwilling to go lower.
____________________________



#14 Dec 14 2010 at 5:53 AM Rating: Default
42 posts
ThePacster wrote:
Gopi wrote:
I for one am not looking forward to any search feature in the wards.

It will turn the wards into a penny war.

Everyone will have to list their items for sale a few gil lower then the other guys to be able to sell anything now that everything will be able to be seen all at once, and by the time you come back to see if anything sold, other players have undercut your sell price and yours did not sell since it was a higher price.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:47am by Gopi


It may be better to simply wait and see before jumping to conclusions. Last time I checked, when they first mentioned implementation of a search function, they said it would simply tell you who is selling the item with an icon over their heads so they're easy to find, not necessarily how much they're selling it for. Of course, this may change or have already changed and we just haven't heard anything regarding it yet.


Even with just being able to find everything faster, that means players will want to take the time to find the absolute lowest price they can in the time they have to play.

Trust me, it will no longer be a seller's market, and players are going to be crying to SE this time because they are not able to make the gil they were able to make before.
____________________________


#15 Dec 14 2010 at 5:54 AM Rating: Default
42 posts
Piperith wrote:
Thats a possibility Gopi but anything that means i dont have to spend a number of hours trying to find something amongst all the rubbish in the wrong wards as is generally the case, i am all for, even if it means being undercut by other players, thats what happens all over the place with prices, Seller A undercuts Seller B, Seller B undercuts back when they find out, eventually the price settles because both sellers are unwilling to go lower.


You will understand the impact when you no longer have the gil to buy everything you were buying before because you are not making the same profit you were making before.


Your profit will depend on how many players undercut you while you were away from your retainer instead of how many players that needed what you were selling looked at your retainer.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:58am by Gopi
____________________________


#16 Dec 14 2010 at 5:56 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
188 posts
market ward name changes? are they still on about that? give me my f***ing auction house before I shoot up a mcdonald's.
#17EmiyaShirou, Posted: Dec 14 2010 at 5:59 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) If I was making this game I would write the same, why the **** i need to detail myself Now, when details will be posted clearly in Patch notes.
#18 Dec 14 2010 at 6:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
32 posts
as a seller, i will do what it takes to make a profit, as a buyer, i will pay what i believe the item is worth, this is true in both RL and InGame. if a particular item is being hammered because of other players selling the product and constantly undercutting, you cut your losses and you will move onto a new niche, to truly stay ahead of the competition, you move with the times.
____________________________



#19 Dec 14 2010 at 6:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
386 posts
Gopi wrote:
ThePacster wrote:
Gopi wrote:
I for one am not looking forward to any search feature in the wards.

It will turn the wards into a penny war.

Everyone will have to list their items for sale a few gil lower then the other guys to be able to sell anything now that everything will be able to be seen all at once, and by the time you come back to see if anything sold, other players have undercut your sell price and yours did not sell since it was a higher price.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:47am by Gopi


It may be better to simply wait and see before jumping to conclusions. Last time I checked, when they first mentioned implementation of a search function, they said it would simply tell you who is selling the item with an icon over their heads so they're easy to find, not necessarily how much they're selling it for. Of course, this may change or have already changed and we just haven't heard anything regarding it yet.


Even with just being able to find everything faster, that means players will want to take the time to find the absolute lowest price they can in the time they have to play.

Trust me, it will no longer be a seller's market, and players are going to be crying to SE this time because they are not able to make the gil they were able to make before.


Would you rather just have an Auction House with a history of sold prices where people undercut you without being able to see it like in FFXI? You're making look to be a lose lose situation to have a search function. If that's the case what would you recommend them do?
#20 Dec 14 2010 at 6:06 AM Rating: Excellent
10 posts
The best part about the free retainer slot is the fact that once they give it to use, they can never take it back. Inventory/bank slots are almost if not as good as run speed items are in MMOs. I'm happy!
____________________________
http://bluegarter.guildwork.com/ @BlueGarter @TwentytwoObv

#21EmiyaShirou, Posted: Dec 14 2010 at 6:07 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) btw. i just hope that the search functionality will only shown who is selling items of the type you are looking or specific item without the prices ^^ I don't wanna see prices there ;)
#22 Dec 14 2010 at 6:08 AM Rating: Excellent
*
130 posts
Gopi wrote:
Piperith wrote:
Thats a possibility Gopi but anything that means i dont have to spend a number of hours trying to find something amongst all the rubbish in the wrong wards as is generally the case, i am all for, even if it means being undercut by other players, thats what happens all over the place with prices, Seller A undercuts Seller B, Seller B undercuts back when they find out, eventually the price settles because both sellers are unwilling to go lower.


You will understand the impact when you no longer have the gil to buy everything you were buying before because you are not making the same profit you were making before.


Your profit will depend on how many players undercut you while you were away from your retainer instead of how many players that needed what you were selling looked at your retainer.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:58am by Gopi


From your logic, the prices will go down a lot because of the undercutting, you will likely then be able to buy more as it's cheaper and you still have a stable income of gils: Leves. Moreover, what profit do you do when one has to spend hours to try to find something? You would sell faster if people knew what you were selling. If you don't sell fast enough, it might be that you are selling an item with very high supply and indeed the price will then drop for people to sell their stuff. However, if you are the only one selling an item, then it's price might even increase as the demand might be high but the supply very low.
The search wards system is a way to equilibrate (and save a huge amount of time for buyers) the market wards that is a big mess right now.
____________________________

yfaithfully wrote:
To add to those, if you can get this DeLorean up to 88 MPH, you'll be able to play this game in 2019 when they've finally implemented mounts.

#23 Dec 14 2010 at 6:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Quote:
From your logic, the prices will go down a lot because of the undercutting, you will likely then be able to buy more as it's cheaper and you still have a stable income of gils: Leves. Moreover, what profit do you do when one has to spend hours to try to find something? You would sell faster if people knew what you were selling. If you don't sell fast enough, it might be that you are selling an item with very high supply and indeed the price will then drop for people to sell their stuff. However, if you are the only one selling an item, then it's price might even increase as the demand might be high but the supply very low.
The search wards system is a way to equilibrate (and save a huge amount of time for buyers) the market wards that is a big mess right now.


Very well summed up Carmillia, i have to type quickly to avoid getting caught by my boss, but that basically says what i was getting at
____________________________



#24 Dec 14 2010 at 6:18 AM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
Wow am i the only person looking forward to NM's lol? Now if i just had my thief with treasure hunter i be a happy person!
____________________________
75 Thf,Whm,Nin,Blm,Rdm,Brd RoZ~0 CoP~0 ToAU~0
WoTG Current Bastok Rank 10 Cooking 106+3
Late Night Dynamis Can i Have It orz
AF2 Thief 3/5 Thief 4 life
Banned 6-7-09 Reason "Irregular Credit Card Activity"
#25 Dec 14 2010 at 6:20 AM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
lostshroomie wrote:
Wow am i the only person looking forward to NM's lol? Now if i just had my thief with treasure hunter i be a happy person!

No you aren't xD i could wait with the retainer search and things for year or more xD But NM well that might be something good to please my Marauder Murderous Intent :D But in after a while when i reach proper level to at last be in a party for NM cuss I'm to low now for that i fear.

But Slicing and later Cooking or roasting on fire some nice Buffalo meat will be nice 8D
It's getting me hungry \(^.^)/

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 7:22am by EmiyaShirou
#26 Dec 14 2010 at 6:22 AM Rating: Default
**
929 posts
Only one new retainer? I was hoping for more, but at lease it is free
#27 Dec 14 2010 at 6:23 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
205 posts
Further improvements to the naming and organization of market wards? makes me wonder if we will be getting a 'crystal ward' or something.

And with everyone in the world getting an extra retainer we are really going to need more room. The battle craft ward will fill up quick as it is!
#28 Dec 14 2010 at 6:24 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Only one new retainer? I was hoping for more, but at lease it is free


They can't really give us more before they can start charging for them.. I don't think they will ever charge for the first 2 retainers anymore, but more than that and you have to pay.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#29 Dec 14 2010 at 6:24 AM Rating: Default
42 posts
Carmillia wrote:
Gopi wrote:
Piperith wrote:
Thats a possibility Gopi but anything that means i dont have to spend a number of hours trying to find something amongst all the rubbish in the wrong wards as is generally the case, i am all for, even if it means being undercut by other players, thats what happens all over the place with prices, Seller A undercuts Seller B, Seller B undercuts back when they find out, eventually the price settles because both sellers are unwilling to go lower.


You will understand the impact when you no longer have the gil to buy everything you were buying before because you are not making the same profit you were making before.


Your profit will depend on how many players undercut you while you were away from your retainer instead of how many players that needed what you were selling looked at your retainer.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:58am by Gopi


From your logic, the prices will go down a lot because of the undercutting, you will likely then be able to buy more as it's cheaper and you still have a stable income of gils: Leves. Moreover, what profit do you do when one has to spend hours to try to find something? You would sell faster if people knew what you were selling. If you don't sell fast enough, it might be that you are selling an item with very high supply and indeed the price will then drop for people to sell their stuff. However, if you are the only one selling an item, then it's price might even increase as the demand might be high but the supply very low.
The search wards system is a way to equilibrate (and save a huge amount of time for buyers) the market wards that is a big mess right now.



Yes, prices will go down but they will go up too. They always fluctuate depending on supply an demand.

In an AH type of environment, your items sell based on how many players are undercutting you after you post your items for sale.

For example: You post your items for 1000gil because the other items are 1100gil at the time you are posting.

When you return to check on your items, you find that they did not sell because after you posted them for 1000gil, 40 other players posted their items for 900gil and only 30 players needed that item at the time your items were posted.

So, you re-post yours for 800gil and when you return to check on your items, you find they did not sell again because no one needed the items you posted at that particular time.

So, now you have gone two play times w/o selling anything.

Now, you re-post your items for 1100gil because none are up for sale, and when you return to check your items, you find that only half of them sold because 40 other players posted their items for 1000gil and only 50 players needed that item at the time you posted them.

So now, you have gone three play times with only selling half of what you have to sell.

I am making up the numbers, but not what happens.

The search function will speed things up for buyers and slow things down for sellers, and since the sellers are buyers as well, the buyers will have less gil to spend (since they are making gil slower), even though they can now spend it faster...

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 7:59am by Gopi
____________________________


#30 Dec 14 2010 at 6:32 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
805 posts
Quote:
The development team is continuing to take player feedback to heart concerning the item search feature of the market wards. We are currently aiming to introduce the first of several changes by year's end, and assure you that additional improvements will be ongoing in order to make a more intuitive and functional system.

Read this carefully. No search function in the first December update and the "first of several changes" in the next so don't get your hopes up for much of consequence at all in December. The second retainer is a move to soften the blow, as is the preemptive statement of assurance that ongoing improvements will be coming. What they're saying is, although we promised to fix this in December updates, we aren't going to be able to do it but please trust us that more will come later.
____________________________
Lokithor
Shiva Server
Linkshell: Soulfire
Rng/Blm/Thf/Brd/Dnc
#31 Dec 14 2010 at 6:36 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
88 posts
A second free retainer?

Wow! If Naoki Yoshida would have had boobs, I would have bought him a car.
#32 Dec 14 2010 at 6:37 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Read this carefully. No search function in the first December update and the "first of several changes" in the next so don't get your hopes up for much of consequence at all in December. The second retainer is a move to soften the blow, as is the preemptive statement of assurance that ongoing improvements will be coming. What they're saying is, although we promised to fix this in December updates, we aren't going to be able to do it but please trust us that more will come later.


From what I understood from behind all the PR-speech, A) the search feature is delayed by a few weeks, and B) it is going to be rather simple system for the time being, and it will be made more comprehensive and functional as time goes on.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#33 Dec 14 2010 at 6:37 AM Rating: Default
*
141 posts
And Gopi one more thing... usually after like that 3-4 run when I for example was seeling, and still if i didn't see anyone seeling i would still lower the price to seel it faster... even if it was only for 200 gil... i would be desperate for money... and waitinf for it more than 24hours isn't fun :/ I wanna make buckets like I'm doing now in 24h system.

I like to go to my retainer set him with wares, come back 24h later, and found there from 200 till 500k to withdraw, then spend 80% of it when needed. My account billing is likely around 500-800 k all the time, and even when i see something overpriced i buy it because i can afford that. For the time I'm playing this game i can bet i already lost more than 10mln of Gil.
#34 Dec 14 2010 at 6:37 AM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
If this was all they got done for the "gamechanging" december patch, I can see now why the entire development team was let go.
____________________________


#35 Dec 14 2010 at 6:42 AM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Gopi wrote:
ThePacster wrote:
Gopi wrote:
I for one am not looking forward to any search feature in the wards.

It will turn the wards into a penny war.

Everyone will have to list their items for sale a few gil lower then the other guys to be able to sell anything now that everything will be able to be seen all at once, and by the time you come back to see if anything sold, other players have undercut your sell price and yours did not sell since it was a higher price.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:47am by Gopi


It may be better to simply wait and see before jumping to conclusions. Last time I checked, when they first mentioned implementation of a search function, they said it would simply tell you who is selling the item with an icon over their heads so they're easy to find, not necessarily how much they're selling it for. Of course, this may change or have already changed and we just haven't heard anything regarding it yet.


Even with just being able to find everything faster, that means players will want to take the time to find the absolute lowest price they can in the time they have to play.

Trust me, it will no longer be a seller's market, and players are going to be crying to SE this time because they are not able to make the gil they were able to make before.


This game hasn't had a sellers market since week 1. There are way too many crafters for that. With the exception of the first 2-3 people to make high profile items, everything's already sold at a race to the bottom price due to competition, and the only thing stopping it from hitting the price it should actually be is the massive market inefficiencies.
____________________________


#36 Dec 14 2010 at 6:47 AM Rating: Default
42 posts
KujaKoF wrote:
Gopi wrote:
ThePacster wrote:
Gopi wrote:
I for one am not looking forward to any search feature in the wards.

It will turn the wards into a penny war.

Everyone will have to list their items for sale a few gil lower then the other guys to be able to sell anything now that everything will be able to be seen all at once, and by the time you come back to see if anything sold, other players have undercut your sell price and yours did not sell since it was a higher price.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 6:47am by Gopi


It may be better to simply wait and see before jumping to conclusions. Last time I checked, when they first mentioned implementation of a search function, they said it would simply tell you who is selling the item with an icon over their heads so they're easy to find, not necessarily how much they're selling it for. Of course, this may change or have already changed and we just haven't heard anything regarding it yet.


Even with just being able to find everything faster, that means players will want to take the time to find the absolute lowest price they can in the time they have to play.

Trust me, it will no longer be a seller's market, and players are going to be crying to SE this time because they are not able to make the gil they were able to make before.


This game hasn't had a sellers market since week 1. There are way too many crafters for that. With the exception of the first 2-3 people to make high profile items, everything's already sold at a race to the bottom price due to competition, and the only thing stopping it from hitting the price it should actually be is the massive market inefficiencies.



What items should be sold at?

Players decide to buy an item or not in FFXIV right now based on the need and how much gil they have the moment they see their item for sale because they do not want to spend alot of time looking for it.

With a search function, players will be able to find things faster, so they will have time to look for the lowest prices, and then sellers will be waiting longer to make gil as I explained in my previous post.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 7:49am by Gopi
____________________________


#37 Dec 14 2010 at 6:52 AM Rating: Excellent
*
50 posts
Honestly how are people really worried about making less profit in this game? At current prices I can buy everything I want to for the next year and I am far from rich. They gave a means of Profit to everyone through levee that I still think is putting to much money into the system. What dOes current profit really matter? It means way less in this game then FFXI.

They won't add prices in the search anyways simply based at what they have said in the past.
#38 Dec 14 2010 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
97 posts
Free additional retainer... that's a nice touch. Still don't see how they are going to fix the dumb people that just dump the retainer in the first ward.
____________________________
FFXIV : Khaap Keha : THM(Bodhum) In progress and enjoying it so far.
FFXI : Khaap : 75BLM, 75NIN Retired (sadly and it was purely down to graphics)



#39 Dec 14 2010 at 6:55 AM Rating: Decent
**
568 posts
Magnesium02 wrote:
Only one new retainer? I was hoping for more, but at lease it is free



I agree.
Plus think of all that hassle on setting up your stuff for sale.
Now double that time.

That's what we're going to have.

After giving it some thought I don't think I'll be buying retainers when they become available as I don't have time to manage them anyway.

I WOULD pay good money for a personal shopper in XIV.

SE/RMT are you listening?
*swings his credit card in the air*
#40 Dec 14 2010 at 6:56 AM Rating: Default
42 posts
SharkOutofWater wrote:
Honestly how are people really worried about making less profit in this game? At current prices I can buy everything I want to for the next year and I am far from rich. They gave a means of Profit to everyone through levee that I still think is putting to much money into the system. What dOes current profit really matter? It means way less in this game then FFXI.


Quote:
The search function will speed things up for buyers and slow things down for sellers, and since the sellers are buyers as well, the buyers will have less gil to spend (since they are making gil slower), even though they can now spend it faster...
____________________________


#41 Dec 14 2010 at 6:59 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
32 posts
Quote:
With a search function, players will be able to find things faster, so they will have time to look for the lowest prices, and then sellers will be waiting longer to make gil as I explained in my previous post.


Why is that a bad thing? A buyer shouldnt have to jump through hoops to give money for something they want.

If a seller wants a quick sale, they can monitor the market and re price accordingly, if the seller want higher profit margins instead of quick sales, they can wait until the lower priced ones are gone and then reap the rewards of having been patient
____________________________



#42 Dec 14 2010 at 7:05 AM Rating: Default
42 posts
Piperith wrote:
Quote:
With a search function, players will be able to find things faster, so they will have time to look for the lowest prices, and then sellers will be waiting longer to make gil as I explained in my previous post.


Why is that a bad thing? A buyer shouldn't have to jump through hoops to give money for something they want.

If a seller wants a quick sale, they can monitor the market and re price accordingly, if the seller want higher profit margins instead of quick sales, they can wait until the lower priced ones are gone and then reap the rewards of having been patient


I am not understanding why you, who are both a seller and buyer at the same time in the game, want to be able to spend gil faster then you can make it?

It only works in real life because we have credit companies.

There are no credit companies in the game.

The search function will speed things up for buyers and slow things down for sellers, and since the sellers are buyers as well, the buyers will have less gil to spend when they go buy items (since they are making gil slower as a seller), even though they can now spend it faster...

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 8:17am by Gopi
____________________________


#43 Dec 14 2010 at 7:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
32 posts
Gopi wrote:
Piperith wrote:
Quote:
With a search function, players will be able to find things faster, so they will have time to look for the lowest prices, and then sellers will be waiting longer to make gil as I explained in my previous post.


Why is that a bad thing? A buyer shouldn't have to jump through hoops to give money for something they want.

If a seller wants a quick sale, they can monitor the market and re price accordingly, if the seller want higher profit margins instead of quick sales, they can wait until the lower priced ones are gone and then reap the rewards of having been patient


I am not understanding why you, who are both a seller and buyer at the same time in the game, want to be able to spend gil faster then you can make it?

It only works in real life because we have credit companies.

There are no credit companies in the game.

The search function will speed things up for buyers and slow things down for sellers, and since the sellers are buyers as well, the buyers will have less gil to spend (since they are making gil slower), even though they can now spend it faster...

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 8:08am by Gopi


Once my items are up for sale, i do not have to spend hours trying to sell it, i dont even have to be at the pc to sell it, if someone wants whatever i may be selling and they believe my price to be good, they will come, they will buy they will leave.

If i need to buy and have only got an hour or two before i have to do something not in game, i dont want to spend 2 hours trying to find the new piece of gear/mat or whatever and wait until my next play session to do the task i wanted to do.

A search function would streamline the buying, selling process for me as a buyer and a seller, how many times have people not bothered buying an item because they couldnt find it amongst all the other rubbish in the ward and i presume many others would also benefit from a streamlined buying / selling process.

if a buyer believes my price to be to high, they will possibly spend some time searching through the different sellers, but if they are happy with my price they will still buy through sheer convenience
____________________________



#44 Dec 14 2010 at 7:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Increased text limit for chat log input
Increased text limit for chat log input
Increased text limit for chat log input
Increased text limit for chat log input
Increased text limit for chat log input
Increased text limit for chat log input
Increased text lim
#45 Dec 14 2010 at 7:33 AM Rating: Default
42 posts
Piperith wrote:
Gopi wrote:
Piperith wrote:
Quote:
With a search function, players will be able to find things faster, so they will have time to look for the lowest prices, and then sellers will be waiting longer to make gil as I explained in my previous post.


Why is that a bad thing? A buyer shouldn't have to jump through hoops to give money for something they want.

If a seller wants a quick sale, they can monitor the market and re price accordingly, if the seller want higher profit margins instead of quick sales, they can wait until the lower priced ones are gone and then reap the rewards of having been patient


I am not understanding why you, who are both a seller and buyer at the same time in the game, want to be able to spend gil faster then you can make it?

It only works in real life because we have credit companies.

There are no credit companies in the game.

The search function will speed things up for buyers and slow things down for sellers, and since the sellers are buyers as well, the buyers will have less gil to spend (since they are making gil slower), even though they can now spend it faster...

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 8:08am by Gopi


Once my items are up for sale, i do not have to spend hours trying to sell it, i dont even have to be at the pc to sell it, if someone wants whatever i may be selling and they believe my price to be good, they will come, they will buy they will leave.

If i need to buy and have only got an hour or two before i have to do something not in game, i dont want to spend 2 hours trying to find the new piece of gear/mat or whatever and wait until my next play session to do the task i wanted to do.

A search function would streamline the buying, selling process for me as a buyer and a seller, how many times have people not bothered buying an item because they couldn't find it amongst all the other rubbish in the ward and i presume many others would also benefit from a streamlined buying / selling process.

if a buyer believes my price to be to high, they will possibly spend some time searching through the different sellers, but if they are happy with my price they will still buy through sheer convenience


With a search function, players will be able to find things faster that they want to buy then they could before, so they will have time to look for the lowest prices, and then sellers will be waiting longer to make gil (since they have to wait for their items to be the lowest price at the exact time players are buying them - undercutting by other players will increase this wait), and since the sellers are also the buyers they are not going to be able to buy the items they want to buy that they can now find faster because they have not made the gil yet...

I am not sure how else to explain what is in my head... I am sorry, I hope you are understanding me.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 8:36am by Gopi
____________________________


#46 Dec 14 2010 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
Wint wrote:
Did we already know about the text input length increase? This is very welcome news Smiley: thumbsup


Finally, Now I might be able to complete my rants in one round!
____________________________

#47 Dec 14 2010 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
With a search function, players will be able to find things faster, so they will have time to look for the lowest prices, and then sellers will be waiting longer to make gil as I explained in my previous post.


And just because you ****** want to squeeze the last 100 gil out of your marmot meat, you want 99% of the player population to suffer countless (countless!) hours of searching in the retainer wards?

It is quite seldom for me to be so blatand and without any sense of humor, but:

Guys like you cry for the re-institution of pillory and the stake.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 8:37am by Rinsui
#48 Dec 14 2010 at 7:37 AM Rating: Default
42 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
With a search function, players will be able to find things faster, so they will have time to look for the lowest prices, and then sellers will be waiting longer to make gil as I explained in my previous post.


And just because you ****** want to squeeze the last 100 gil out of your marmot meat, you want 99% of the player population to suffer countless (countless!) hours of searching in tne retainer wards.

Seriously, it is quite seldom that I am that overly direct without any sense of humor, but:

Guys like you cry for the re-institution of pillory and the stake.


I am trying to explain that this is going to affect the buyers just as much as it does the sellers, if you read the rest of my posts you might understand, I hope.

I think I am having trouble explaining it clearly, however.

Edited, Dec 14th 2010 8:38am by Gopi
____________________________


#49 Dec 14 2010 at 7:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
I read all your posts, but perhaps you didn't read the other's.
There are many more ways of making an income besides selling your stuff in a ward.
#50 Dec 14 2010 at 7:39 AM Rating: Excellent
9 posts
Gopi wrote:
I am trying to explain that this is going to affect the buyers just as much as it does the sellers, if you read the rest of my posts you will understand.



Of course it will affect the buyers and the sellers. If the basis for being able to "sell as fast as you can buy" is disorganized market wards, a very slow UI, and the inability to find what you want in a reasonable period of time, that economic system needs a rethinking. Until the artificial roadblocks to a pleasant shopping experience are removed, it's impossible to know what the economy should even be like.
#51 Dec 14 2010 at 7:41 AM Rating: Excellent
*
227 posts
My belief is once a search function is put into the Wards the Economy might stabilize. I spent three hours the other day looking for an Item in five different Wards before I just got frustrated and left. Yes, people will find things faster so they will find the lowest price faster but then the other Sellers will realize their prices are too high which will stabilize things. What I wanted was selling for 5,000 Gil to 70,000 Gil. And you know what, I have gone to the Wards seem some of the Retainers there with the same Items for weeks... even though some did have what I want I am not will to pay out 100,000 Gil for a Rank 15 item.
____________________________
Remember: Some Times the Dragon Wins.



« Previous 1 2 3 4
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)