As a player who is investing his time and gil heavily into cooking, I am curious what the current player base's attitude is towards food buffs. I have been having a very hard time selling the food I make. I have tried selling everything from crafting, gathering, attack, accuracy, magic, and everything in between. When I look at YG, I see that my server's average prices of food fall significantly under those of the global average. I price my food very reasonably, usually barely above cost, and keep my bazaar updated on YG, but still have problems selling.
For those who don't know, food effects last for 30 minutes and make a very noticeable effect. It is also important to eat food that is rank appropriate in order to receive benefit from it. For example, drinking distilled water as a rank 20+ crafter is not going to help you anywhere near as much as pineapple juice or apple juice.
So in an effort to meet the needs of the players, I pose the following questions to you:
1. Do you currently buy food for personal use? Why or why not?
2. If you do purchase food, what foods effects are you seeking?
3. If you do purchase food, do you make an effort to go out and restock when you are running low?
4. If you do purchase food, where do you shop for it? The Grociers ward? Battlecraft ward? Personal bazaars?
5. If you don't purchase food, what specifically causes this? Pricing? Lack of information about food effects? Lack of availability?
Thank you in advance for any constructive information.
P.S. If you have any questions about food and it's effects, I will be more than happy to answer them in an effort to dispel the wide amount of misinformation currently running rampant in the community.
Edited, Dec 18th 2010 5:26pm by CannonDub