1. My $700 rig runs the game almost as well as my $1200 rig, as do other peoples' $700 rigs. Not all of us purchased overpriced PC's from Dell and Alienware.
Well good for you. Nevertheless, there have been many players who have had to upgrade their rig to even think about playing this game on basic settings, or at the very least buy a new graphics card. I am one of those people who had to upgrade my graphics card to play this game, a graphics card, btw, that ran my other PC games as smooth as butter.
2. It's been free-to-play since launch. That's $30-80 depending on which version you bought, and when. Considering you're talking strictly about price in this statement, FFXIV is a lot cheaper from a monthly standpoint.
Yes, it's free to play now. And with the so-called "content" the developers put in this game, and the bugs, and the lack of nearly everything that makes an mmorpg good, we are literally getting what we pay for. Well actually, we've all overpaid, as we still had to buy the initial game disc. Yes, the devs are hard at work fixing what they can. But when this game was released, they expected people to actually want to pay for it. I mean, seriously, what the ****?
3. Yet another person comparing the content of a game launch to that of a game launch plus expansion. Nothing to see here.
Well, to be fair, comparing it to another mmorpg pre-expansion wouldn't do much to help FFXIV's case. I've played other mmorpgs at launch and this is probably the worst I've seen. So... yeah.
4. WoW is WoW. It's a mainstream game that you're comparing to a niche game. If you prefer mainstream games, you obviously don't fit the niche, and so you are obviously playing the wrong game.
WoW is an mmorpg, so the comparison is actually pretty legit. I could aklso compare this to Aion at launch. I wasn't all that thrilled by Aion, but I had a lot more fun in that game than I'm having in this one. Why? Because the developers handled the game like they actually has some respect for their playerbase.
5. FFXIV is still in beta. Basically we're testing the game for the PS3 players, much like the JP players tested FFXI for NA.
Yes, FFXIV is still in beta. Why? Because when they released the game, it was a complete pile of crap. So they are doing emergency revisions and pulling it back to beta. Although it might take more than going back to the drawing board to save this game.
Also, Squeenix's marketing tactics for this game stink.
And another thing, lol at the people who still think their opinions about which FF is the best is the only one right. Makes more sense (and looks much more creditable and less mock-worthy) to simply say that they prefer one over the other for some reasons. I, personally, loved FF7 and hated Tactics' story, which IN MY OPINION
seemed to be a confusing, corny, unlikable mess. I disliked it even more than I did Chrono Cross. lol But then again, to each his own. Edited, Dec 28th 2010 7:42pm by SasukeYuchiha