SP is bad. No shocker there. But instead of constantly saying it's bad why not come up with a player based fix to the bad SP? How would you fix SP zam?
My idea was:
- Offer a base amount of sp (Currently what we have, everybody gets something)
- Give more sp on a per action basis (Like what we had before just more solid gains)
- Put a limit based on the difficulty. (Blue, Green, Yellow, Red)
- Increase the potential limit when partying. However limit this as well so smaller parties are much more beneficial(5-6) for grind play where alliances are much better for boss/leve(still uncapped sp) content.
- Let that limit be easily capped so we don't have 7 minute battles to hit the cap.
- Remove outliner levels within a party to find the average party level(and base your xp range on this) and degrade the sp cap for lower levels to prevent abuse.
- Skill(Point) Chaining - an action of adding difficulty to the battle. Another enemy entering into the fray will increase the sp bonus. Extra enemies are marked with red claim and offer additional bonus sp. This amount decreases with each kill made (difficulty decrease).
Example: Your fighting 10 mobs with 6 people. They receive a party bonus up to a certain cap. This sp is multiplied by a .05(or .1)x Monster count(claimed amount)- 1. so lets say the current cap is 500 they would receive 500x1.45 or 725 sp for a monster killed. The next monster they kill though will only yield 500x1.40 or 700. This amount decrease till it reaches the base or increases if more enemies enter the fray.
The chain does not have a timer or anything so the bonus ends immediately after the fight is resolved.
Sure there is other stuff I'm likely missing but this would be how I would rather see the sp system.