Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 4 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Market Ward Search & Update DetailsFollow

#152 Dec 22 2010 at 10:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
How disappointing. Definitely an improvement, but still makes economic trade awfully difficult. As a seller, people can still only search for your goods if you're in the right ward (which screws you if you have a lot of goods of varied categories). As a buyer, you can't find goods if the seller isn't in the category you're looking for, and you have to move between wards every time you want to look for prices on items of different categories.

Certainly better than nothing, yet completely underwhelming.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#153Exzandria, Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 11:12 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) get rid of the stupid retainers and give us a bloody AH already
#154 Dec 23 2010 at 12:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
30 posts
Its slightly better, but I still dont like the retainer system. What if your a multi crafter and u want to sell all your different crafting Items. You only have two retainers, and can only put them in two places. I just think it sucks.

If I am looking for items then U zone in to one ward... Oh wait! now I need to zone into another ward for some leather armour ...Oh wait! Next ward I need food... zone in omg Darn forgot I need a new wep... Zone ... and it goes on and on.

There is no community feeling at all in these wards.

Players complain about an AH and that if we had one there would be under cutters! Jeez they will do exactly the same thing in the wards!and are doing so now.

The only thing retainers are good for and that's storage.
____________________________

#155 Dec 23 2010 at 1:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
269 posts
The update is awesome, the AH debate is finally dead!
____________________________
MUTED
#156 Dec 23 2010 at 1:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
thehellfire wrote:
The update is awesome, the AH debate is finally dead!


it unfortunately will never die as long as people want one
even if those people dont play(which i know many posting about it arent) they will still whine and troll about it(i do realize some people do really want one regardless and are playing, but lets face it, NOT gonna happen)
____________________________


#157 Dec 23 2010 at 1:37 AM Rating: Decent
*
60 posts
Vedis wrote:
thehellfire wrote:
The update is awesome, the AH debate is finally dead!


it unfortunately will never die as long as people want one
even if those people dont play(which i know many posting about it arent) they will still whine and troll about it(i do realize some people do really want one regardless and are playing, but lets face it, NOT gonna happen)


I play, and I've been a major proponent of getting an AH. I will say that the new ward search is nice. Its helped me find a few items I've needed in a very short period of time. I also believe that this would be a lot more effective if there were a lot more people involved (i.e. more people that played the game).

All that being said, I am not a crafter, and can not see myself ever attempting to make any sort of a profit trying to sell stuff in wards. It seems like too much of a hassle for me. I want to spend my time on the game having fun (or attempting to, by ranking up in preparation for actual content), not price checking and comparing to find market values, then strategically setting up my market to sell up to 2 item types (then moving the retainer to sell another item type once one has sold). For this reason, I'm still in favor of an AH. Buying in this game has become much more friendly, but selling seems like it is still horrible, although slightly less so now.
____________________________
#158 Dec 23 2010 at 1:42 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
30 posts
Vedis wrote:
thehellfire wrote:
The update is awesome, the AH debate is finally dead!


it unfortunately will never die as long as people want one
even if those people dont play(which i know many posting about it aren't) they will still whine and troll about it(i do realize some people do really want one regardless and are playing, but lets face it, NOT gonna happen)


U can not presume who is playing and who is not! You must be very popular if u know all the posters here in these forums to know who play and the ones that dont.

It's matter of personal choice that if people want AH then that's what they prefer.

____________________________

#159 Dec 23 2010 at 1:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
Domino7337 wrote:
Vedis wrote:
thehellfire wrote:
The update is awesome, the AH debate is finally dead!


it unfortunately will never die as long as people want one
even if those people dont play(which i know many posting about it arent) they will still whine and troll about it(i do realize some people do really want one regardless and are playing, but lets face it, NOT gonna happen)


I play, and I've been a major proponent of getting an AH. I will say that the new ward search is nice. Its helped me find a few items I've needed in a very short period of time. I also believe that this would be a lot more effective if there were a lot more people involved (i.e. more people that played the game).

All that being said, I am not a crafter, and can not see myself ever attempting to make any sort of a profit trying to sell stuff in wards. It seems like too much of a hassle for me. I want to spend my time on the game having fun (or attempting to, by ranking up in preparation for actual content), not price checking and comparing to find market values, then strategically setting up my market to sell up to 2 item types (then moving the retainer to sell another item type once one has sold). For this reason, I'm still in favor of an AH. Buying in this game has become much more friendly, but selling seems like it is still horrible, although slightly less so now.



well my comment about the trolls comes from the fact that alot of the names i see posting about "AH or the game sucks" have stated they quit muliple times, and how they are never coming back, but continue to post about wanting an AH....(and wanting everything else the game doesnt have, even some pretty rediculous stuff"

I myself, see this update as awesome though
I am a crafter, I also do all 8 crafts(if you cant tell by my sig) and I am making tons of stuff all the time

as far as crafters needing multiple wards to sell stuff? not really, youll have those who make weapons, thats 1 ward, those who make armor(which is usualy a certain type) thats 1 ward, and for the bric a brac type crafters, it still falls under 1-2 main types of stuff they sell, especialy when they make alot of it at a time so they may even need all their slots on a retainer to sell it(in which case if they do multiple sell items, they can sell all of 1 type, let it sell out then switch to the next item and so on, but also we have 2 retainers so that works that way too).


Id moreso like to hear about peoples experiences with it then "hypothetical" of what is going on, and alot of what i hear people saying they dont like it for, is all hypothetical.


the battlers i can understand having it a bit rougher with selling, but even then if they are truely farming a ton of mats, they will probly be able to fill most of their sell slots with those types and sit in at least 1 of the correct wards waiting for the more expensive stuff(which is what im guessing theyd want to sell first) stuff to go before moving
____________________________


#160 Dec 23 2010 at 1:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
The update is awesome, the AH debate is finally dead!


lol... no.

The update has made an AH something less of a priority.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#161 Dec 23 2010 at 1:50 AM Rating: Decent
*
60 posts
Vedis wrote:


well my comment about the trolls comes from the fact that alot of the names i see posting about "AH or the game sucks" have stated they quit muliple times, and how they are never coming back, but continue to post about wanting an AH....(and wanting everything else the game doesnt have, even some pretty rediculous stuff"

I myself, see this update as awesome though
I am a crafter, I also do all 8 crafts(if you cant tell by my sig) and I am making tons of stuff all the time

as far as crafters needing multiple wards to sell stuff? not really, youll have those who make weapons, thats 1 ward, those who make armor(which is usualy a certain type) thats 1 ward, and for the bric a brac type crafters, it still falls under 1-2 main types of stuff they sell, especialy when they make alot of it at a time so they may even need all their slots on a retainer to sell it(in which case if they do multiple sell items, they can sell all of 1 type, let it sell out then switch to the next item and so on, but also we have 2 retainers so that works that way too).


Id moreso like to hear about peoples experiences with it then "hypothetical" of what is going on, and alot of what i hear people saying they dont like it for, is all hypothetical.


the battlers i can understand having it a bit rougher with selling, but even then if they are truely farming a ton of mats, they will probly be able to fill most of their sell slots with those types and sit in at least 1 of the correct wards waiting for the more expensive stuff(which is what im guessing theyd want to sell first) stuff to go before moving


All i can do is take your word for it at the moment, but nonetheless, selling still seems to be very overwhelming for myself, and what i would assume to be a majority of the "battlers". I'm at the point where i'm willing to see where they go with the wards and what kind of improvements they can make. I think i'd still prefer an AH at this point, but I do see a bit of a glimmer of hope in the market wards. If they make things a lot more simplistic and smoother, i can see this possibly being an efficient economic system, but that would require some intense improvements. Note, all of this is coming from one of those pre update "I want an AH" trolls.

Edited, Dec 23rd 2010 2:51am by Domino7337
____________________________
#162 Dec 23 2010 at 1:59 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
97 posts
I actually like the way its implemented. I've bought more items in the past 24 hours than since the game started so surely something must be right.

I've also sold a lot of parts on my multi items retainer. Now I would prefer if I could get another retainer or two so I could get more items into the right wards, however I think with a little time I will probably have sold most odd bits in the right wards and be down to two again.

Things I would like to see changed :

1. If a player is in the wards with the right item then they should be flagged as well (effectively this would give us a third retainer)
2. If I select an item to search for either inside or outside the wards then it would be handy in the menu to have the option to port to that ward. This would save exiting that menu and then selecting from the wards menu.
3. Please change the wards menu to the scrolling system used in search. The paging system is horrible and should be done away with on wards and on the repair NPC.

I would like to point out however that battlecraft still has a huge number of players all selling the wrong items. This frustrates me still. I can't believe how overly stupid and ignorant these players are being. Perhaps its a lot of players being stubborn and doing this in protest at no AH.

Please please move your retainers into the right wards and watch as items sell A LOT faster.
____________________________
FFXIV : Khaap Keha : THM(Bodhum) In progress and enjoying it so far.
FFXI : Khaap : 75BLM, 75NIN Retired (sadly and it was purely down to graphics)



#163 Dec 23 2010 at 4:58 AM Rating: Good
*
220 posts
Elswick78 wrote:
There will be no need to search every ward individually. Only items properly listed will be returned in the search results. There may be a million people selling crystals in the battlecraft ward, but the search results won't show them.


Not true. For my two retainers I have one in the Lower Tailors Ward and Tradecraft Ward. In the Tradecraft Ward I'm selling some needles, fish hooks and pelts. In the Tailors Ward I'm selling some garments and weaving materials. I used the search feature to check the price of the bronze needles I'm selling and then moved to the Tailors Ward where I saw a retainer marked with a star. Checking that retainer I found that she was selling several garments and a bronze needle.

There will always be retainers in the wrong ward because rarely will anyone have items for only two wards to sell. The items that are placed correctly will sell faster. So once Shantatto Mart sells her turban and half gloves she'll be left selling a marmot pelt (learther workers ward) and hempen socks (weavers ward) until I find her and move her to the next ward I place her in.

The advantage to putting retainers in the correct ward comes with people finally being able to use them. Now that it no longer takes hours to find an item players can actually buy and sell their goods. Prior to search I'd sold only a couple of items. As soon as I put my retainers in the wards after the update I started selling things. In the first eight hours I made more in the wards than I'd made in the past eight days. I've also been able to locate and purchase several pieces of equipment so that I'm longer using all weathered gear.
____________________________
PLD/BLM/PUP 99, RDM 86, SMN 90, WAR/NIN/WHM/BRD 50, DNC/SCH/MNK 37 THF 29, BST 16, RNG 12, DRG 8, DRK/SAM 7, COR 5, BLU 1
Avatars 19/19
highlander414 wrote:
also, if something goes wrong, pup is the easiest job to blame. You can keep one around just for that reason. If there's a mijin gakure and everyone dies, just blame the pup, he's used to it.

Creed +2 5/5, Geotia +2 5/5, Pantin +2 3/5
Excalibur (75)

#164 Dec 23 2010 at 10:41 AM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
Kierk wrote:
Among the many MMOs I've played, Ragnarök Online was one of them. When I played it 8 years ago (in that context) that economy was fine; it's bazzar system worked.

Today I don't see a reason NOT to have an AH especially for a "casual" AAA game. I would have assumed SE would have improved on what is now commonly accepted for an economy, not taking steps backward.

Lastly, debasing other's arguments implying that those who have contrary opinons are trolls when you're clearly making excuses for a broken system is inane.

The problem with your arguments is that you guys are implying that an economy is not possible without an AH, and/or it would be very difficult to start one up. That's a complete fallacy, considering many other games revolve around a bazaar-based economy and have had absolutely no problems with their economies.

Am I saying it's the right thing to do to not include an AH? No, but that doesn't mean the bazaar system is some kind of unusable mess and impossible to build an economy around. Dated, maybe. With the search function, it puts it up to speed as long as SE somehow figures out a way to force organize the retainers within wards.

You have this mindset that the AH is a common thing, but you also fail to realize that the bazaar system is also EQUALLY common. It's a difference between East and West, and just because the West does one thing more often, doesn't make it the norm. Here's a tip: SE is an Eastern company that tends to try to mix East and West. An AH isn't common to them, and though they've tried it out once before, they're trying a different approach this time that's more akin to the "classic" Asian MMO. Stop pretending like the cultures between Eastern and Western companies are similar. They're not.

Edited, Dec 23rd 2010 11:44am by SoumaKyou
#165 Dec 23 2010 at 10:56 AM Rating: Good
*
82 posts
Nicholiathan wrote:
Elswick78 wrote:
There will be no need to search every ward individually. Only items properly listed will be returned in the search results. There may be a million people selling crystals in the battlecraft ward, but the search results won't show them.


Not true. For my two retainers I have one in the Lower Tailors Ward and Tradecraft Ward. In the Tradecraft Ward I'm selling some needles, fish hooks and pelts. In the Tailors Ward I'm selling some garments and weaving materials. I used the search feature to check the price of the bronze needles I'm selling and then moved to the Tailors Ward where I saw a retainer marked with a star. Checking that retainer I found that she was selling several garments and a bronze needle.

There will always be retainers in the wrong ward because rarely will anyone have items for only two wards to sell. The items that are placed correctly will sell faster. So once Shantatto Mart sells her turban and half gloves she'll be left selling a marmot pelt (learther workers ward) and hempen socks (weavers ward) until I find her and move her to the next ward I place her in.

The advantage to putting retainers in the correct ward comes with people finally being able to use them. Now that it no longer takes hours to find an item players can actually buy and sell their goods. Prior to search I'd sold only a couple of items. As soon as I put my retainers in the wards after the update I started selling things. In the first eight hours I made more in the wards than I'd made in the past eight days. I've also been able to locate and purchase several pieces of equipment so that I'm longer using all weathered gear.


You are correct. I made that post after reading the Lodestone posting, but before the update actually went live. I had not yet had the opportunity to check this out. I apologize to these forums for posting incorrect information...
#166 Dec 23 2010 at 11:22 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
Loving the search, I like it more than an AH :D but here's my thing, SE should make it where if you try to put, oh say, crystals in the battlecraft, an error message will come up saying its not in the right area. Keep taxes. but, on certain days, (like holidays) Give discounts in certain wards. Say on firesday, armorcraft ward and battlecraft are discounted. Deff give us some kind of postal service, running back to the wards every time to see if anything sold is a pain. Make this a REAL economy. It would be a great change for the MMO world. If SE can't make an error message, penalize the ppl putting something in the wrong ward. a 50% stock fee >:D that'll teach the bastards.
____________________________


#167 Dec 23 2010 at 11:26 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
UnboundExodus wrote:
Loving the search, I like it more than an AH :D but here's my thing, SE should make it where if you try to put, oh say, crystals in the battlecraft, an error message will come up saying its not in the right area. Keep taxes. but, on certain days, (like holidays) Give discounts in certain wards. Say on firesday, armorcraft ward and battlecraft are discounted. Deff give us some kind of postal service, running back to the wards every time to see if anything sold is a pain. Make this a REAL economy. It would be a great change for the MMO world. If SE can't make an error message, penalize the ppl putting something in the wrong ward. a 50% stock fee >:D that'll teach the bastards.


the idea is not to punish those who incorectly place items when they do have at least 1 correct item in the ward

the idea is to stop people from putting 100% of the wrong items in wards, so i think you are a little off in your thinking
____________________________


#168 Dec 23 2010 at 11:57 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
I am glad this feature is finally implemented. Hopefully it will help out the economy of the game as well as the many players who inadequately equipped. I think in the future perhaps a way to search for all equipment based on level or favored class would be good to see. As it is, the hassle of checking every retainer is gone and the fact that people will only be able to search for items in their appropriate ward will contribute to the organization of the market. This could itself be hard on players who sell a large variety of things but hopefully the additional retainer slot will help alleviate that at least a little bit.
#169 Dec 23 2010 at 1:07 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
This is what I would like to see them implement.

Get rid of Market Wards, Bazaar and AH. They should just have "Buy/Sell Item" menu listing that is available at all times.

To Buy an item, select "Buy/Sell Item". 2 options to find items, Search or by Category hierarchy. Once you find the item, buy it and get instant delivery.

To Sell an item: pick the item from inventory and sell it. It will immediately be available to all for instant delivery.

Also, give us a "Send/Receive Item" function on the menu while they're at it.

We have enough restrictions on the time we have to play and anima to travel. Let us use them wisely for adventures instead of banging our heads on a broken system so we can enjoy the game!
#170 Dec 23 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
41 posts
In my opinion, this is a great improvement overall. This update actually brought me back to playing after a month hiatus, during which I seriously doubted I would return. It now takes me a fraction of the time it used to take me to find the gear I need. We’re talking about 2 hours versus 10 minutes here – no small improvement!

I'm not going into a dissertation about the effects on the economy of Wards/Bazaars, as opposed to Auction Houses, and I’m certainly no longer dwelling on it. Suffice it to say this: if this wards system is further improved on and it is indeed a better way to create a less controllable/corruptible market, I’m all for it.

Lastly, I think we should reserve judgement, wait a couple of weeks and see how the wards shape up with this new feature. There are still a lot of items that can’t be found and I think we need to wait until more people start selling more items in order to fully take advantage of the system.

I wouldn’t mind if SE fixed the whole retainer resetting issue too...
#171 Dec 23 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Decent
**
423 posts
Not sure if this has been asked...

Can you type into the search and find something? Perhaps eliminate steps 2,3,4 or do you have to go through the menu's for each type, area etc?

I only ask because they were absolutely ragged on for the immense amount of button clicks to get to something before and even this seems excessive for a quick search.

My work goes by this mentality "If the basic user can't get to it in 3 clicks, it's too much work". So far for a lot of websites, games etc... holds true.
#172 Dec 23 2010 at 2:14 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
Preventing retainers from selling any items in the 'wrong' ward, IMO ruins the only good thing about retainers, which is the realistic idea that they are people you hire to sell whatever items from you, and turn into humanoid shaped vending machines.
____________________________


#173 Dec 23 2010 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
thehellfire wrote:
The update is awesome, the AH debate is finally dead!
This is nowhere remotely close to the functionality of the FFXI AH, and that wasn't even that great of an example in the first place. It's about as bad/useless of an interface as possible that still enables searching.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#174 Dec 23 2010 at 6:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
200 posts
Kachi wrote:
Quote:
The update is awesome, the AH debate is finally dead!


lol... no.

The update has made an AH something less of a priority.



My sentiments as well. Still have to search each ward in case the item isn't properly placed in the ward it belongs, which half the time it probably won't be. Can't sell different types of items on your retainer, only solution is to provide each character 20 different retainers, which might as well just put up an AH to make things easier on everybody. Better than it was? Yeah. But that's not saying much. Let it be for a while, devs turn your attention to other matters (hopefully) then I hope come back and fix this for good.
#175 Dec 23 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:

The problem with your arguments is that you guys are implying that an economy is not possible without an AH, and/or it would be very difficult to start one up. That's a complete fallacy, considering many other games revolve around a bazaar-based economy and have had absolutely no problems with their economies.


Maybe others have implied that but I certainly have not. I contend the wards are inefficient and wastes people's time under the guise of having an 'experience.' Especially when most people playing 'casually' don't think bazzaring as a mini-game. That's what I explicitly stated.

Quote:
Am I saying it's the right thing to do to not include an AH? No, but that doesn't mean the bazaar system is some kind of unusable mess and impossible to build an economy around. Dated, maybe. With the search function, it puts it up to speed as long as SE somehow figures out a way to force organize the retainers within wards.


I agree in part, (fully with the dated part) however if the retainers eventually look like an AH, then why not call a spade, a spade? All signs point to people wanting AH like functionality with this system but wanting to call it something else? It doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
You have this mindset that the AH is a common thing, but you also fail to realize that the bazaar system is also EQUALLY common. It's a difference between East and West, and just because the West does one thing more often, doesn't make it the norm. Here's a tip: SE is an Eastern company that tends to try to mix East and West. An AH isn't common to them, and though they've tried it out once before, they're trying a different approach this time that's more akin to the "classic" Asian MMO. Stop pretending like the cultures between Eastern and Western companies are similar. They're not.


AHs are common and people from all over are clamoring for these changes. Sushi is fine and all but it looks like from my above statement that those people are wanting burgers and fries. Including myself. SE realizes this; that this system has to change and lo and behold it's changing.

#176 Dec 23 2010 at 6:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
36 posts
So far i'm having no issues with it. I've been able to find what i want and search for the best price for what i'm looking for with out a problem so far.

If you plan on selling stuff, then specialize what you sell, per ward. Don't sell every random junk you get.

I needed some dye components, found it within a few minutes. It was nice to see a few people specializing in dyes.

I needed earth shards, I found it in a few minutes and was able to easily find the best price.

etc etc.

For me, I specialize in making crafting tools. That's what I've set out to do with crafting. So I have no problem setting my shop up in tradescraft, always have actually. I don't sell all the random components that I get from DoL, I usually use them or vendor them. I dont really need another retainer anywhere else (other then for storage). I can compare prices easier now and people can find my stuff easier now. I do make a few DoL tools also, but I just throw those on my tradescraft retainer and hope some one finds it. I wouldnt mind tradescraft/ fieldscraft being lumped together though, just call it tools or something. But it's still not an issue.
#177 Dec 23 2010 at 6:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
boriss wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked...

Can you type into the search and find something? Perhaps eliminate steps 2,3,4 or do you have to go through the menu's for each type, area etc?

I only ask because they were absolutely ragged on for the immense amount of button clicks to get to something before and even this seems excessive for a quick search.

My work goes by this mentality "If the basic user can't get to it in 3 clicks, it's too much work". So far for a lot of websites, games etc... holds true.


Click 1: Pick the ward.
Click 2: Pick the item type for that ward.
Click 3: Pick the item.
Click 4: (If available) Confirm choice.

I don't see them wanting to involve something that involves actual typing on their searches unless they decide to officially scrap the PS3 idea.
#178 Dec 23 2010 at 7:10 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Ravashack wrote:
boriss wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked...

Can you type into the search and find something? Perhaps eliminate steps 2,3,4 or do you have to go through the menu's for each type, area etc?

I only ask because they were absolutely ragged on for the immense amount of button clicks to get to something before and even this seems excessive for a quick search.

My work goes by this mentality "If the basic user can't get to it in 3 clicks, it's too much work". So far for a lot of websites, games etc... holds true.


Click 1: Pick the ward.
Click 2: Pick the item type for that ward.
Click 3: Pick the item.
Click 4: (If available) Confirm choice.

I don't see them wanting to involve something that involves actual typing on their searches unless they decide to officially scrap the PS3 idea.
You think that ps3 users would honestly play the game without any sort of keyboard? It's a MMO, don't be silly.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#179 Dec 23 2010 at 7:22 PM Rating: Good
*
60 posts
I'd like it if they would add a feature where we could tell our retainer to go to a particular ward via the summoning bells. For instance, I could summon my retainer in the Adventurers guild, manage its bazaar, and when I'm done, tell it to go to the Tailor's Ward (or wherever) instead of placing it there myself. Not saying to exclude the current option of placing your retainer yourself, just add this so to simplify it a bit for some people.
____________________________
#180 Dec 23 2010 at 8:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
200 posts
Ravashack wrote:
boriss wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked...

Can you type into the search and find something? Perhaps eliminate steps 2,3,4 or do you have to go through the menu's for each type, area etc?

I only ask because they were absolutely ragged on for the immense amount of button clicks to get to something before and even this seems excessive for a quick search.

My work goes by this mentality "If the basic user can't get to it in 3 clicks, it's too much work". So far for a lot of websites, games etc... holds true.


Click 1: Pick the ward.
Click 2: Pick the item type for that ward.
Click 3: Pick the item.
Click 4: (If available) Confirm choice.

I don't see them wanting to involve something that involves actual typing on their searches unless they decide to officially scrap the PS3 idea.



I played ffxi on the 360 with a keyboard so I assume that most would on ps3 since that seemed like it was a decade ago. Anybody who is serious about an mmo will use a keyboard, whether it be the keyboard attachment to the ps3 controller or a usb.
#181 Dec 23 2010 at 9:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
16 posts
To me i feel this still going to be a mess (even tho its better then what is was),they should take 1 or 2 of the wards and make them into an AH with npc's in the booths for the AH and keep the others wards so u can put retainers in to sell odds and end stuff.
#182 Dec 23 2010 at 9:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
bsphil wrote:
Ravashack wrote:
boriss wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked...

Can you type into the search and find something? Perhaps eliminate steps 2,3,4 or do you have to go through the menu's for each type, area etc?

I only ask because they were absolutely ragged on for the immense amount of button clicks to get to something before and even this seems excessive for a quick search.

My work goes by this mentality "If the basic user can't get to it in 3 clicks, it's too much work". So far for a lot of websites, games etc... holds true.


Click 1: Pick the ward.
Click 2: Pick the item type for that ward.
Click 3: Pick the item.
Click 4: (If available) Confirm choice.

I don't see them wanting to involve something that involves actual typing on their searches unless they decide to officially scrap the PS3 idea.
You think that ps3 users would honestly play the game without any sort of keyboard? It's a MMO, don't be silly.


Never said that, never thought that, wasn't trying to imply that. The entire game seems to be built on being able to avoid typing for as many things as possible other than actual chat to me, and thus my guess was that SE was doing it because they were releasing it on the PS3 too. It could just as easily be because they don't want to have to support searching in multiple languages.
#183 Dec 23 2010 at 11:31 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
I see the wards working about as well as SP is right now. It works, but its crappy and a lot of people don't like it. Seems to me its enough people that something should be done about it, but that's not my decision.
____________________________


#184 Dec 24 2010 at 3:48 AM Rating: Default
i think its likely they are trying to benefit the player who chooses a main craft in order for that individual to be more exposed as a staple in the society. im not saying be a blacksmith and only a blacksmith, that would be ignorant.. if you have played ffxi then you know when you needed something of a specific craft, then there was always a few reliable people you would go to. if unable to find them.. then you can see who was crafting them in the ah sales history. as time passes we will become accustomed to searching wards for specific items with the search function recently incorporated. as opposed to "what is out there, what is new... omg there is so much i need to buy..." yeah.. im trying to buy it all too lol and it would be nice to get it all now, but hey.. i would probably be bored pretty quickly of xiv soon as well lol. ive played xi since u.s. release and every ff game since the nes release so i know better than to expect to have it all in one day. play the game to enjoy it and appreciate what you have gained over the time and experiences you will find. i know every one is excited, but cmon please calm yourselves a little and be patient. l33tness has its own way of coming around to those that earn their stripes. besides.. they have job classes for crafters now.. might be a hint that it is fundamental to be more self reliant as opposed to those who have purchased gil and simply purchased gear in which so many others played diligently to acquire. hope to see you out there :)
#185 Dec 24 2010 at 4:01 AM Rating: Default
some things i would like is, as mentioned before a sort of linkpearl for retainers for instruction. we can speak to starting npcs for our instruction... why not those in our employ? oh dear god please.. a delivery box or at least a choco whistle for exchanges with your retainer. i can live without having another person send me items, but at least let me not have to travel all the way to the wards to pick up my earnings. otherwise, well the ward will only benefit me once i attain a high enough level craft job to make the two+ trips and time exchanging it.. beneficial to me as opposed to npc' anything that may not make me rich. ill be stuck pawning crystals until then, not able to level a craft because of the lack of xstals and hindering some poor ******* who needed that marmot pelt to skill up which is just taking up my inventory until then.. and if you read all this.. its 3am, ive had a long day at work and a couple brews so sorry about the incoherent rambling and punctuations lol
#186 Dec 25 2010 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Ravashack wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Ravashack wrote:
boriss wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked...

Can you type into the search and find something? Perhaps eliminate steps 2,3,4 or do you have to go through the menu's for each type, area etc?

I only ask because they were absolutely ragged on for the immense amount of button clicks to get to something before and even this seems excessive for a quick search.

My work goes by this mentality "If the basic user can't get to it in 3 clicks, it's too much work". So far for a lot of websites, games etc... holds true.


Click 1: Pick the ward.
Click 2: Pick the item type for that ward.
Click 3: Pick the item.
Click 4: (If available) Confirm choice.

I don't see them wanting to involve something that involves actual typing on their searches unless they decide to officially scrap the PS3 idea.
You think that ps3 users would honestly play the game without any sort of keyboard? It's a MMO, don't be silly.


Never said that, never thought that, wasn't trying to imply that. The entire game seems to be built on being able to avoid typing for as many things as possible other than actual chat to me, and thus my guess was that SE was doing it because they were releasing it on the PS3 too. It could just as easily be because they don't want to have to support searching in multiple languages.
That's a stupid excuse. They have to support items in multiple languages, search in multiple languages should be arbitrary to support. The code is basically the same, they're just reading out of whatever language file the client happens to be running on. Also there's no reason that they couldn't run a hierarchical search method and a text based search method side by side anyway.



Edited, Dec 25th 2010 12:46pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#187 Dec 26 2010 at 10:12 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
ThundergodCidxiv wrote:
i think its likely they are trying to benefit the player who chooses a main craft in order for that individual to be more exposed as a staple in the society. im not saying be a blacksmith and only a blacksmith, that would be ignorant.. if you have played ffxi then you know when you needed something of a specific craft, then there was always a few reliable people you would go to. if unable to find them.. then you can see who was crafting them in the ah sales history. as time passes we will become accustomed to searching wards for specific items with the search function recently incorporated. as opposed to "what is out there, what is new... omg there is so much i need to buy..." yeah.. im trying to buy it all too lol and it would be nice to get it all now, but hey.. i would probably be bored pretty quickly of xiv soon as well lol. ive played xi since u.s. release and every ff game since the nes release so i know better than to expect to have it all in one day. play the game to enjoy it and appreciate what you have gained over the time and experiences you will find. i know every one is excited, but cmon please calm yourselves a little and be patient. l33tness has its own way of coming around to those that earn their stripes. besides.. they have job classes for crafters now.. might be a hint that it is fundamental to be more self reliant as opposed to those who have purchased gil and simply purchased gear in which so many others played diligently to acquire. hope to see you out there :)


See I don't know why SE even wants crafters to become 'renown'. Say Bob becomes an early adopter crafter, and hes making swords earlier than other people. People start to realize that if they want the newest highest level weapons, they go to BoB. Bob hits level cap, and hes doing great, because people check bob's stuff first. Tom grinds up his blacksmithing a month later. He may or may not have made a profit, because demand for the stuff he was making was down. Tom's now level 50, and hes pumping out the exact same quality swords as Bob is, but because they don't know him or his retainer by name, they don't know hes got them. Bob's not really any cheaper, but people check his retainer first, they don't even need to item search, they know where to find it.

Basically, liking that idea, is just saying you want some players to succeed and others to fail. One guy's Iron Sword is equal to the next.
____________________________


#188 Dec 26 2010 at 2:34 PM Rating: Decent
i know a few women who would disagree about every guys longsword being as good as the other.. :p funny thinking about the old days when you were more l33t having a autographed +1 on 11 lol. but i see what you mean there. it is a terrible thing that so many of us are creatures of habit. same can be said any time we need any commodity, we appreciate conveinence sometimes more than our pocket books :( i am a victim of the "gotta have it now" mentality myself :( fortunately with the search functions, bobs' mom and pop competetors will gain some exposure and open the market. afterall, a good economy is based of a shoppers ease of spending^^ yet it is no different than the party search function where we remember a good tank and forget to invite someone else... cuz its easier.. hmm... thanks for the reply, i know im going to try and be more open minded myself (and spend more time in the market wards :p) lol nah that last piece was a joke i thought while i was typing this.. what i was going to say.. thanks, you reminded me to be more patient and more diversified :)
1 2 3 4 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)