Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Crafting abilities how many can be active?Follow

#1 Dec 21 2010 at 3:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I've been using 2 abilities on all my crafting jobs for months Tender Touch (saves durability) and Maker Muse for (standard success). I put Harmonize on my Culinary job just because he had space for it and 3 abilities started showing.Anyone know if the amount shown is based on your level.
____________________________





#2 Dec 21 2010 at 4:00 PM Rating: Decent
*
219 posts
Like your actions and trait bars, your abilities have a cap as well. That cap increases with rank. When you move from your higher level culinarian to a lower level DoH, the abilities will be knocked off the bar, starting with the higher slot number, to fit within the cap for your current DoH rank.
____________________________

#3 Dec 21 2010 at 4:04 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
yes, just like combat jobs, as you level your crafting jobs the number of abilities you can have on your bar increases.

Actually the point system is one of the reasons I really like harmonize and tender touch - they only cost 3 points versus 4 for all the other abilities I have (I don't have fulfillment or blinding speed)

Edited, Dec 21st 2010 2:05pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#4 Dec 21 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
36 posts
The reason they are 3 is because they are terrible compared to some of the other stuff you can equip. Harmonize isn't even a 3-4 turn skill.

Makers Muse, Fulfillment, and Preserve are really the only things useful for normal grinding from the level 10 skills. And anyone who is thinking of crafting for real should get them considering it takes under an hour to get to level 10 or can be done in 1-2 leve resets without even gathering any mats.
____________________________

Strife Nii ~ Conjuror 49, Botanist 37, Mining 33, Thaum 32, Culinary 27, Goldsmith 22
#5 Dec 21 2010 at 4:20 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
I love harmonize! The reason it is so nice is cause it doesn't reset other skills like Maker's Muse, Tender Touch and Preserve. So if you are still getting fails even with a strong skill active - it can help turn the tide. It is also good for when elements go unstable. It is your best hope to reverse a damaging downtrend. I love it.

Besides - for a while there I had the choice of having 3 skills up (not using TT and Harmonize) or 4 skills up (using TT and Harmonize) - for me it was worth it to have 4 skills rather than three and use all my points.

Edited, Dec 21st 2010 2:22pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#6 Dec 21 2010 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Smiley: laugh Wow I see people really love crafting, I'm just looking for a number seeing three choices before maintenance took me by surprise. I just want to know how many choices i get at Lev 10,15,20... etc.I'm leveling 11 jobs just to play one any help would be appreciated. Srry if it's a stupid question.
____________________________





#7 Dec 21 2010 at 6:33 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
How many choices depends on which abilities. All R10 abilities except for tender touch and harmonize (3 points), I believe, cost 4 points.

I don't recall each rank how many points you have but I believe at 10 you can have 2 abilities and at 15 - 3 abilities - again - depending on the point costs.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#8 Dec 21 2010 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
**
437 posts
Warmech wrote:
Smiley: laugh Wow I see people really love crafting, I'm just looking for a number seeing three choices before maintenance took me by surprise. I just want to know how many choices i get at Lev 10,15,20... etc.I'm leveling 11 jobs just to play one any help would be appreciated. Srry if it's a stupid question.


A lot of them are masochists (and I mean that in a playful way, guys.) ;)

Crafting is a lot of fun... when the fail train doesn't decide to pay you a visit or the elemental instabilities don't stick around for the entire synth. =/

Like now. WOW I just failed 5 cotton cloth synths... with full guild support... at rank 20... Thanks SE. This is fun...

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 1:10am by shinichoco
____________________________
行く河の流れは絶えずしてしかも元の水にあらず。よどみに浮かぶ泡沫はかつ消えかつ結びて久しくとどまりたる例なし世の中にある人と住みかも全くのごとき。 -方丈記
#9 Dec 21 2010 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
shinichoco wrote:


Crafting is a lot of fun... when the fail train doesn't decide to pay you a visit or the elemental instabilities don't stick around for the entire synth. =/


I've gotten a lot more elemental instability since last patch
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#10 Dec 21 2010 at 7:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Thanks, the 3-4 point thing was lost on me when my jobs was lower. Lower jobs dropped skills so I stayed with 2 skills every job used.I'll experiment now since all my jobs are close to level 15...Elemental instabilities I raised my hand in anger a few times at SE, Santa Clause and God when I try to craft in the streets and fail since they add the snow.Snow is SE stimulus plan way of making us buy better crafter gear or stay indoors. Smiley: lol
____________________________





#11 Dec 21 2010 at 7:36 PM Rating: Good
**
437 posts
Warmech wrote:
Thanks, the 3-4 point thing was lost on me when my jobs was lower. Lower jobs dropped skills so I stayed with 2 skills every job used.I'll experiment now since all my jobs are close to level 15...Elemental instabilities I raised my hand in anger a few times at SE, Santa Clause and God when I try to craft in the streets and fail since they add the snow.Snow is SE stimulus plan way of making us buy better crafter gear or stay indoors. Smiley: lol


I, too, get royally ****** off at stuff like this, and I would submit to you to please support some of the threads in the feedback forum or write to S-E on their own feedback forum: http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=902&la=1 telling them that this is unacceptable. Crafting should be fun, it should not make us angry. While the game is still young [and free to play], we need to get this point across to S-E.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 1:37am by shinichoco
____________________________
行く河の流れは絶えずしてしかも元の水にあらず。よどみに浮かぶ泡沫はかつ消えかつ結びて久しくとどまりたる例なし世の中にある人と住みかも全くのごとき。 -方丈記
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)