Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

The ward search, better than nothing, still want an AH.Follow

#1 Dec 21 2010 at 10:17 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
I know in a few other threads I fuss about wanting an AH, and I still do. However, the new search function does make it a bit easier, it is better than nothing. However, as someone who crafts, I still have a bunch of items that belong in different categories. I am still having to put things on YG, which sucks.

I am greatful for the search, I am, but I really shouldn't have to go to a third party site so I can get potential customers and vice-versa.

Thanks SE for the search, makes a world of difference from what we had before...but I would still prefer an AH...looking forward to see how you will update the ward search feature in the future.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#2 Dec 21 2010 at 10:50 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
322 posts
Either sell in bulk or deal with the consequences
____________________________


#3 Dec 21 2010 at 10:51 PM Rating: Decent
*
170 posts
The search as it is now is essentially the FFXI AH system except that at its current form you cannot see prices, yet when you enter the ward the starred retainers show up first like your own and are unmistakeably marked. This is as I expected and commented on a long time ago, and from this point on each retainer search improvement will actually begin to exceed the AH system as we know it.

FFXI's AH is set to 7 items. (or was when I played)
WoW's AH is like ebay.
Maplestory (just for relevance) free market system WAS the wards with a tagline for the shop in an unlisted chaotic system.


I could continue on and on about how other games do this and other games do that. Though to evolve by mixing AH and sorted market wards is a unique difference that enables one person to look at a variety of items and interact with someone's retainer (better then a window) and continue on.

Is it perfect? No of course not. Though when retainers are improved and will be afforded more duties, slots, and perhaps a variety of tasks and interaction (scripted probably) to deal with sales and relay orders from the other player the economy could be better then ANY system yet implemented in ANY MMO.

I envision retainers bartering, filling orders, selling items and interacting with players as a go-between for their owners. We currently have the bare bone system of offers and selling items, but what if retainers had additional tabs for 'Seeking' 'Selling (gil)' 'Scour' in which retainers act as virtual shopkeeps with pre established 'gambits' for those who wish to use them.

Seeking simply will allow a retainer to buy X amount of any item set by the owner as long as gil is present to cover it. Seeking will have an option added to search for players to instantly unload materials to waiting retainer buyers.

Selling will be improved, but in its current form will simply continue as it is.

Scour would be a complex gambit system in which retainers browse the wards and players who enter by automatically checking against a price per purchase system in which a retainer could be asked to fill. A formula like:

Buy <Item Amount, All> <Item> at <Price> <Equal and/or Lesser Amount>

Simple enough to use for Iron Ore

"Buy All Iron Ore at 500 gil or less."
"Buy 4x Iron Ore at 500 Gil"

With such systems retainers could do buy orders without having the item before hand and be able to purchase basically infinite volume as long as the retainer has the funds. Retainers offered by this system would instantly sell their items to other retainers. Players would receive notification upon entering the ward from the highest price retainer (spawning in front of them) purchases their product, and bows and thanks them in some fashion.

Its a rough idea. Though the retainer system has a lot of promise it utilized properly.
____________________________


#4 Dec 21 2010 at 11:17 PM Rating: Decent
**
445 posts
OP, i understand your concern..however the forum right now is not open-mind to such an idea.. and the retainer search is indeed an improvement from what we had.

however, I understand why some people still desire for an AH.

1. Unlike crafters, DoW,M and L have NO CONTROL on what is going to drop, even though they want to sell the huge varities of item to benefit crafter, this system limit (or even harm) them to do so.

2. The system also punish those who pratice muti-disicpline as they can only sell 2 types of item with effenciency. unless they buy retainers crazily. Which defeat the game's own purpose.

IMO, a centralized system for raw material only so that DoW can effectivly sell their loot to DoH would be perfect.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 4:44am by timmyofalex
____________________________
Timfung (Alexander) 75WHM72RDM46PUP Cooking81 (retired)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1662475
#5 Dec 21 2010 at 11:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
19 posts
timmyofalex wrote:


1. Unlike crafters, DoW,M and L have NO CONTROL on what is going to drop, even though they want to sell the huge varities of item to benefit crafter, this system limit (or even harm) them to do so.

Edited, Dec 21st 2010 9:18pm by timmyofalex


I dont know about DoW and M, but L have control over what they get. Obviously not as direct as a crafter, but definitely more control than "NO CONTROL".

Regardless, I think the new search system is ingenious. It implements a tool to find specific items while at the same time keeping retainer wards what they were meant to be, which was a sellers system which was less corruptible to sporadic inflation and deflation like the game's predecessor AH was.
____________________________


#6 Dec 22 2010 at 12:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
445 posts
It was just based on my experience, however, experience may varies.
I believe I quite understand how DoL works, and I was trying to get Walnut branches as botanist (r14 as in my sign), I also located walnut trees, however, it is still giving me Gridina Walnut instead of branches. And maybe some random dozens of different feathers as well.

In order to sell the unexpected, unwanted and additional Gridina Walnut, which are obtained totally out of my control, to those who needs it, I either need to:
1. a sperated retainer from what I use to sell my branches so that someone can find it through search
2. together with my branches and hope that someone will notice it.

while the random dozens of different feathers still need some additional ways to go to whoever need them.

No matter what, I have already stated in my first sentence of my first post, this retainer search is ineed an improvement from what we use to had in this game, I also really apperciate SE's effort to improve this game, however, I think any single individual who have common sence along with an open mind would agree everything has its space for improvement.

Edited, Dec 21st 2010 10:33pm by timmyofalex
____________________________
Timfung (Alexander) 75WHM72RDM46PUP Cooking81 (retired)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1662475
#7 Dec 22 2010 at 12:57 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
534 posts
I messed around with the new search tonight...initial raction is that its pretty easy to find stuff, but kinda tough to know what to sell items for without some research. But...I could live with it. I won't be ******** about AH anymore. I will be ok with either.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#8 Dec 22 2010 at 1:04 AM Rating: Default
10 posts
AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH

I still want AH
#9 Dec 22 2010 at 1:10 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
179 posts
Search function is a step in the right direction but still a very small one.
If you limit the number of retainers then people will sell items in the wrong ward, and this will lead to people not finding what they need in the right ward.

So you don’t need to force people to place their retainers in the right ward when you limit the number of retainers that they can have.

Let's say I have an item that worth 400k and I have mats also to sell, of course am going to place my retainer in the ward that the 400k will sell first, then move my retainer to the right ward for the items.
But why do you want to implement all of this when you can solve this problem by adding an AH?
And we still didn’t come to the issue where you might need to travel to other cities to get what you need.

____________________________
#10 Dec 22 2010 at 1:12 AM Rating: Decent
It would facilitate RMT too easily...
#11 Dec 22 2010 at 1:15 AM Rating: Good
**
437 posts
GreenJacketMafia wrote:
It would facilitate RMT too easily...


Oh dear? Seriously why should I, we, or anyone have to give up something that could potentially make the game less of a chore just because of something other people might do? We all have to pay the consequences of something RMT may or may not do? That's like saying, OMG! You are not able to own a knife anymore because you might kill someone with it! From now on, you need to cut all your vegetables and meat with plastic scissors.
____________________________
行く河の流れは絶えずしてしかも元の水にあらず。よどみに浮かぶ泡沫はかつ消えかつ結びて久しくとどまりたる例なし世の中にある人と住みかも全くのごとき。 -方丈記
#12 Dec 22 2010 at 2:05 AM Rating: Default
*
214 posts
Quote:
Oh dear? Seriously why should I, we, or anyone have to give up something that could potentially make the game less of a chore just because of something other people might do? We all have to pay the consequences of something RMT may or may not do?


Because it will happen.
____________________________

#13 Dec 22 2010 at 2:16 AM Rating: Decent
**
437 posts
ShockTopMagic wrote:
Quote:
Oh dear? Seriously why should I, we, or anyone have to give up something that could potentially make the game less of a chore just because of something other people might do? We all have to pay the consequences of something RMT may or may not do?


Because it will happen.


RMT will happen with an AH or not so if taking one out won't stop it there's really no point in taking it away from everyone. Crime happens all the time all over the world and they don't keep most of the populace from obtaining the things the criminals use in their crimes. They just arrest the bad guys.

Besides, if you could see what the person was asking for, who was selling it, and other information as such like most AHs in other MMOs, you could pick and choose who you bought from and if you see one person selling 500 stacks of item X for some outrageous price, maybe you shouldn't buy them from him.

Case in point, why don't you walk over to google, type in "buy FFXIV gil" and hit search.

ZOMG LOOK AT ALL THE SITES! FFXIV gil is cheap too! And guess what?! THERE'S NO AH!!!

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 8:20am by shinichoco
____________________________
行く河の流れは絶えずしてしかも元の水にあらず。よどみに浮かぶ泡沫はかつ消えかつ結びて久しくとどまりたる例なし世の中にある人と住みかも全くのごとき。 -方丈記
#14 Dec 22 2010 at 2:31 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
179 posts
shinichoco wrote:
ShockTopMagic wrote:
Quote:
Oh dear? Seriously why should I, we, or anyone have to give up something that could potentially make the game less of a chore just because of something other people might do? We all have to pay the consequences of something RMT may or may not do?


Because it will happen.


RMT will happen with an AH or not so if taking one out won't stop it there's really no point in taking it away from everyone. Crime happens all the time all over the world and they don't keep most of the populace from obtaining the things the criminals use in their crimes. They just arrest the bad guys.

Besides, if you could see what the person was asking for, who was selling it, and other information as such like most AHs in other MMOs, you could pick and choose who you bought from and if you see one person selling 500 stacks of item X for some outrageous price, maybe you shouldn't buy them from him.

Case in point, why don't you walk over to google, type in "buy FFXIV gil" and hit search.

ZOMG LOOK AT ALL THE SITES! FFXIV gil is cheap too! And guess what?! THERE'S NO AH!!!

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 8:20am by shinichoco



You're wasting your time arguing with people that use one line sentence to provoke others, even if what they say is useless and with no point what so ever.

These people believe that whatever SE does, it must be right, they know what they are doing.
That’s why the game got to win the worst game everyone played title.


____________________________
#15 Dec 22 2010 at 2:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
Search function is a step in the right direction but still a very small one.
If you limit the number of retainers then people will sell items in the wrong ward, and this will lead to people not finding what they need in the right ward.


I wouldn't worry too much about this. As more and more people start using the wards and hopefully when PS3 release rolls around and we get an influx in population you will most likely always find what you're looking for. But say you don't, countless time in FFXI I wouldn't find what I wanted on the AH's so this isn't just true to the ward system. I think with the search feature and maybe a little refinement, the market wards are better than the AH right now.
____________________________
MUTED
#16 Dec 22 2010 at 2:41 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
RMT will happen with an AH or not


Of course it will - its not about stopping RMT its about stopping them from running the economy. If RMT can't run the economy they will find it difficult to make gil and in turn, turn in a profit. The Wards is a better measure against this than the AH since it doesn't show history and blah blah blah.
____________________________
MUTED
#17 Dec 22 2010 at 3:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
179 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Quote:
RMT will happen with an AH or not


Of course it will - its not about stopping RMT its about stopping them from running the economy. If RMT can't run the economy they will find it difficult to make gil and in turn, turn in a profit. The Wards is a better measure against this than the AH since it doesn't show history and blah blah blah.


And for this reason you want to hurt your customers?
Lets leave FFXI side because it's not the only competition in the market, most of the MMO's out there have an AH, mail serves, mounts and so on.

If SE wants to prevent RMT from controlling the economy by destroying the play experience, then people will leave, and that is what happening now.

I can't see what fun in spending 30 min looking for an item when I can get it in 1 min just by standing in one place, I like to consume my free time doing some progress and not looking for an item, just like the traveling from one camp to another, why make me run for 15 min when you can give me a mount so I can get there in 5 min?
Time consuming in this game is not taking care of and that’s a mistake.

____________________________
#18 Dec 22 2010 at 3:19 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
daour wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
Quote:
RMT will happen with an AH or not


Of course it will - its not about stopping RMT its about stopping them from running the economy. If RMT can't run the economy they will find it difficult to make gil and in turn, turn in a profit. The Wards is a better measure against this than the AH since it doesn't show history and blah blah blah.


And for this reason you want to hurt your customers?
Lets leave FFXI side because it's not the only competition in the market, most of the MMO's out there have an AH, mail serves, mounts and so on.

If SE wants to prevent RMT from controlling the economy by destroying the play experience, then people will leave, and that is what happening now.

I can't see what fun in spending 30 min looking for an item when I can get it in 1 min just by standing in one place, I like to consume my free time doing some progress and not looking for an item, just like the traveling from one camp to another, why make me run for 15 min when you can give me a mount so I can get there in 5 min?
Time consuming in this game is not taking care of and that’s a mistake.



Its still in beta....relax! Smiley: clown Of course I wouldn't choose RMT solution over customers satisfaction but if both can work hand in hand I wont be against it. Your gripes with the game (from other topics I've seen you post in too) seem to be you're fed up with certain things - its clear as day now that SE released a beta version of a game and they're working to improve it, imo, if you're not enjoying it (and I'm not trying to be defensive of the game here or anything) then don't play it for a couple more months and then come back and see where it sits.
____________________________
MUTED
#19daour, Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 3:39 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) you nailed it, yes am totally fed up with the currant stats of the game, the long travels, looking for items, grinding SP, crafting fails, repair system, no quests to EXP on, all the things that you can have in other games and cant fined it here.
#20 Dec 22 2010 at 3:54 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
So you can feel the frustration am having, god I wish I could grab the one who is responsible for this mistake and beat the **** out of him.


That would be Tanaka but poor guy got demoted already spare him the humility. I agree with you though, but honestly I'm banking on the first update of next year - I think we desperately need Chocobos and Airships because, like you said, travel time is horrible and my anima is dwindling and I travel *everywhere*. I think the next update is the one that everyone is going to like.
____________________________
MUTED
#21 Dec 22 2010 at 4:24 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
179 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Quote:
So you can feel the frustration am having, god I wish I could grab the one who is responsible for this mistake and beat the **** out of him.


That would be Tanaka but poor guy got demoted already spare him the humility. I agree with you though, but honestly I'm banking on the first update of next year - I think we desperately need Chocobos and Airships because, like you said, travel time is horrible and my anima is dwindling and I travel *everywhere*. I think the next update is the one that everyone is going to like.


i pray for that everyday that the next update would be the one that bring the smile to our faces
____________________________
#22 Dec 22 2010 at 4:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
If you are so adamant in having this game to work just like another then why dont you go and play the other game?

Games in general should have their differences so that that various players have a broad range of experiences to choose from and if a certain game or facet of it is that "game breaking" then players should just stop playing and move on the game of their choice.

From the begining SE has stated that AH is not their prefered choice and that they were interesting in achieving an economy based on a paralel exchange system, namelly the wards and retainers. I don't see SE launching an AH untill they have completelly exausted any possibility of making the wards their system of choice if not the only system available.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#23 Dec 22 2010 at 4:43 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
544 posts
Better then nothing? I suppose. But thats like saying putting square wheels on a car is better then nothing while we're at it.
____________________________
Counting Sheep of Balmung



#24 Dec 22 2010 at 4:48 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Vackashken wrote:
Better then nothing? I suppose. But thats like saying putting square wheels on a car is better then nothing while we're at it.


oh boy...next comes the joke about reinventing the wheel...i think we've heard them all spare your breath, and I'd guess you haven't even tested out the search system because its a lot better than square wheels on a car...its more like octagonal wheels on a car with a little flare.
____________________________
MUTED
#25 Dec 22 2010 at 4:51 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Even if it is like square wheels on a car you still have other car models to choose from so why don't you?
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#26Vackashken, Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 5:13 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Because genius, I'll flex my consumer right to complain about the product as much as I choose to till it gets fixed properly. Such as many people have done resulting in the changes we have been seeing and them responding to.
#27 Dec 22 2010 at 5:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Vackashken wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
and I'd guess you haven't even tested out the search system


Wrong

Hugus wrote:
Even if it is like square wheels on a car you still have other car models to choose from so why don't you?


Because genius, I'll flex my consumer right right to complain about the product as much as I choose to till it gets fixed properly. Such as many people have done resulting in the changes we have been seeing and them responding to.

Nice faux argument.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 6:15am by Vackashken


You're so wrong... more than anything is this fair world the most important feedback any company get's is in monetary form, as such you not using their services should be action enough from a dissatisfied customer (or old customer to be more accurate).

I will once again try to use a equivalent situation to be more explicit..

If you do not like the food or are disatified with the service provided in a restaurant I don't think you will spend your free time standing in front of the mentioned retaurant claiming the food/service is bad, you simply will refrain from going to the restaurant again.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#28 Dec 22 2010 at 5:40 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
544 posts
Hugus wrote:

You're so wrong... more than anything is this fair world the most important feedback any company get's is in monetary form, as such you not using their services should be action enough from a dissatisfied customer (or old customer to be more accurate).

I will once again try to use a equivalent situation to be more explicit..

If you do not like the food or are disatified with the service provided in a restaurant I don't think you will spend your free time standing in front of the mentioned retaurant claiming the food/service is bad, you simply will refrain from going to the restaurant again.


Or we could go with the huge stock plummets of SE stock from the abysmal release of the game generated from the fans screaming out "this sucks". Thus causing things to be implemented and the team itself being demoted.

Poor analogy. We're not talking about food. We're talking about a malleable product that is being addressed from fans concerns. Thus, as I said before, I will use my consumer right to kick and scream as much as I like till my own - and a myriad - of costumers concerns are addressed.

Again, nice try with the faux argument.

____________________________
Counting Sheep of Balmung



#29 Dec 22 2010 at 6:36 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Vackashken wrote:
Hugus wrote:

You're so wrong... more than anything is this fair world the most important feedback any company get's is in monetary form, as such you not using their services should be action enough from a dissatisfied customer (or old customer to be more accurate).

I will once again try to use a equivalent situation to be more explicit..

If you do not like the food or are disatified with the service provided in a restaurant I don't think you will spend your free time standing in front of the mentioned retaurant claiming the food/service is bad, you simply will refrain from going to the restaurant again.


Or we could go with the huge stock plummets of SE stock from the abysmal release of the game generated from the fans screaming out "this sucks". Thus causing things to be implemented and the team itself being demoted.

Poor analogy. We're not talking about food. We're talking about a malleable product that is being addressed from fans concerns. Thus, as I said before, I will use my consumer right to kick and scream as much as I like till my own - and a myriad - of costumers concerns are addressed.

Again, nice try with the faux argument.


Either you are obtuse or you're trying really hard to be, my point is that complains or improvement request should be adressed in the proper way, meaning directly to SE or using Feedback forums. Posting on General Forum is not gonna influence much if at all.

Even if you think that food and it's recepies cannot be changed or malleable your point is still plain childish, just go and do a sit in or scream and kick at your local Mc Donalds untill they change all their menus, maybe that will help.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#30Vackashken, Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 6:53 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Again, your analogy fails. Try a better one.
#31 Dec 22 2010 at 7:01 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Vackashken wrote:
Hugus wrote:

Either you are obtuse or you're trying really hard to be


Neither

Hugus wrote:
my point is that complains or improvement request should be adressed in the proper way, meaning directly to SE or using Feedback forums. Posting on General Forum is not gonna influence much if at all.


Or I could disagree in a forum post. I am pretty sure its not mandated to never give a dissenting opinion on topics posted. Aside from that SE has its ear to the ground in all forum sections. In this particular forum this section is by far more used (and has been since day 1) to express ones opinions of likes or dislikes then the feedback one.

Hugus wrote:
Even if you think that food and it's recepies cannot be changed or malleable your point is still plain childish, just go and do a sit in or scream and kick at your local Mc Donalds untill they change all their menus, maybe that will help.


Again, your analogy fails. Try a better one.


Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 7:55am by Vackashken


If you think your ranting in General Forum is actually a positive influence to the game then go ahead, trying to put across a point of view to someone who just wont even accept another point of view, now that is a waste of my time...
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#32Vackashken, Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 7:07 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yeah, because I'm "ranting".
#33 Dec 22 2010 at 7:17 AM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
Hugus wrote:
Vackashken wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
and I'd guess you haven't even tested out the search system


Wrong

Hugus wrote:
Even if it is like square wheels on a car you still have other car models to choose from so why don't you?


Because genius, I'll flex my consumer right right to complain about the product as much as I choose to till it gets fixed properly. Such as many people have done resulting in the changes we have been seeing and them responding to.

Nice faux argument.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 6:15am by Vackashken


You're so wrong... more than anything is this fair world the most important feedback any company get's is in monetary form, as such you not using their services should be action enough from a dissatisfied customer (or old customer to be more accurate).

I will once again try to use a equivalent situation to be more explicit..

If you do not like the food or are disatified with the service provided in a restaurant I don't think you will spend your free time standing in front of the mentioned retaurant claiming the food/service is bad, you simply will refrain from going to the restaurant again.

But what if you really like their food and believe the service can be improved? Do you just say to heck with it and move on or do you try and get them to improve their service first? What if you discover there are others like yourself who really like the food but don't like the service? Do you discuss it with them? Do you try and work together with those like minded people and see about getting a change or do many of you just say to heck with it and head to Micky D's? I guess it depends how strongly you feel about it.

Edit...
And while I was dealing with crap at work the posts continued and my post isn't as valid.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 8:19am by MrTalos
#34Vackashken, Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 7:20 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) He doesn't grasp the concept of consumer relations. I'd just let it be.
#35 Dec 22 2010 at 7:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
179 posts
Yah but you forgetting an important factor here, loyalty to the brand
I love FF games even if its crap, that’s why ill still play it and make them listen to me about their mistakes to make the game better.

____________________________
#36 Dec 22 2010 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
82 posts
I rather like the changes made, and think its a nice step in the right direction. I don't even get this whole back and forth thing going on about square wheels??? what is your point exactly.

State clearly exactly what you want and don't want the new system to be.

1. I want the system to allow me to find what I need quickly.
2. I want to have a system where I can both sell AND buy items I need to/from people without my constant interaction.
3. I don't want an overly simple interface where it allows even the retards to buy up all of a single product and jack up the prices.
4. I want to see previews of the items in full size whenever possible before buying/selling.
5. I want to be rewarded for market diversification over undercutting and monopolization.

Vack~ what do you want that you don't have now?
____________________________
http://goblinbombtoss.guildwork.com/
#37 Dec 22 2010 at 7:48 AM Rating: Excellent
**
510 posts
With 2 retainers, one in Tanners, other in Masons... I have sold easily 3x as much last night as I do in 2-3 days prior to update.

I personally do not want an AH. The two retainers we get hold ONE HUNDRED items EACH. Not only that, but I can sell and get items repaired from them. Now they will make people money on top of that. They speak of a Company system being implemented (hopefully by PS3 release) that I would guess will involve retainers.

I never loved the AH system in FFXI. Wasn't a fan of WoW's. EVE's system could have been good but was crappy. An Auction house simply creates an annoying to work with market and an economic infrastructure that is what it is.

For the first morning ever, I was excited to log on to check my retainers.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 10:00am by drogier
____________________________
"Wow, a KISS... That's like, the best thing a girl can blow!"
#38 Dec 22 2010 at 8:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
Want in want hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first. Point being, it's not gonna happen unless SE says an AH is imminent.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#39 Dec 22 2010 at 9:04 AM Rating: Decent
*
241 posts
I still want an Auction House, though i'm pretty sure it will never be added because SE wants to make money off of people buying additional retainers.

This just seems like FFXI's auction house, but with added layers of unnecessary complication, just like everything else in this game, take things from FFXI, but add a few more confirmation windows.

Honestly, I still don't think i'm even considering playing this game again until they add an auction house, or if it turns out to be this amazing game with a completely satisfying, innovative combat system, with a great story.

I don't see that happening before something else comes out that grabs my attention first, like Guild Wars 2, which is a shame really, FFXI was my favorite game for 3 years, and I would still play it if it had a healthy growing user base.

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 10:17am by FeanaroOnPhoenix

Edited, Dec 22nd 2010 10:17am by FeanaroOnPhoenix
____________________________
There once was a tiger striped cat. This cat died a million deaths and was reborn a million times and was owned by various people who he didn't care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die... One day, the cat was a free cat, a stray cat. He met a white female cat, and the two cats spent their days happily together. Years passed, and the white cat died of old age. The tiger striped cat cried a million times, and then died. It never
came back to life.
#40 Dec 22 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
703 posts
shinichoco wrote:
GreenJacketMafia wrote:
It would facilitate RMT too easily...


Oh dear? Seriously why should I, we, or anyone have to give up something that could potentially make the game less of a chore just because of something other people might do? We all have to pay the consequences of something RMT may or may not do? That's like saying, OMG! You are not able to own a knife anymore because you might kill someone with it! From now on, you need to cut all your vegetables and meat with plastic scissors.

You've never tried to take anything on an airplane, have you?
#41 Dec 22 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Decent
42 posts
Honestly, I think the new team at SE will add an AH before PS3 release. They've lost too many players over this single issue. My guess is they will probably settle on adding the AH and continuing to improve the market wards. Bazaaring in FFXI was as inefficient as the wards have been except for very expensive & rare items and I think this is where the wards will shine once an AH is added for the piddly stuff.

As for RMT, an AH doesn't really create RMT as has been stated previously. They're already in FFXIV and will be in any MMO, it's just a fact of MMO life. SE has become very good at automatically tracking large in-game cash transactions in XI which is really how one best identifies currency abuse.

In any case, the current market wards are definitely better than Rol-Mart was in XI.
#42 Dec 22 2010 at 10:40 AM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
I love the fact that the search only shows items in their expected wards.
____________________________

#43 Dec 22 2010 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
**
510 posts
Welp, if a lack of AH is the deciding factor in not playing... later.
If you can't bear to hit a big red button and type in 6 digits, then have to come to grips you can't plant your fat behind on a chocoboboboo... if that is the deciding factor in not playing the game, we can't help you then.

They can and probably will allow searches to reference multilpe wards and even perhaps multiple items. Tossing an Auction House in to "fix" the extreme complexities involved here. I mean, it took me about 4 minutes to learn that Mining materials sold in the Masons ward. The Leather/hides and skins at the Tanners (a bit more obvious). They are delivering a system that will allow them to easily work it into other systems. If a little less jerking and a bit more clicking is the price to pay for a flexible system that isn't a freakin AH, then put those tissues away and enjoy the game more.
____________________________
"Wow, a KISS... That's like, the best thing a girl can blow!"
#44 Dec 22 2010 at 12:55 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,636 posts
drogier wrote:
Welp, if a lack of AH is the deciding factor in not playing... later.
If you can't bear to hit a big red button and type in 6 digits, then have to come to grips you can't plant your fat behind on a chocoboboboo... if that is the deciding factor in not playing the game, we can't help you then.

They can and probably will allow searches to reference multilpe wards and even perhaps multiple items. Tossing an Auction House in to "fix" the extreme complexities involved here. I mean, it took me about 4 minutes to learn that Mining materials sold in the Masons ward. The Leather/hides and skins at the Tanners (a bit more obvious). They are delivering a system that will allow them to easily work it into other systems. If a little less jerking and a bit more clicking is the price to pay for a flexible system that isn't a freakin AH, then put those tissues away and enjoy the game more.


Honestly? how is this system flexable? At this point, players are just physically placing retainers in wards, which are just physical representations of item catagories.
____________________________


#45 Dec 22 2010 at 12:58 PM Rating: Excellent
**
510 posts
Flexible as in it can be incorporated into existing systems (item storage) and future systems (Company system). Dropping in an AH infrastructure serves no other purpose then for what it implies, handles item auctions. That is not flexible.
____________________________
"Wow, a KISS... That's like, the best thing a girl can blow!"
#46 Dec 22 2010 at 1:01 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
drogier wrote:
Flexible as in it can be incorporated into existing systems (item storage) and future systems (Company system). Dropping in an AH infrastructure serves no other purpose then for what it implies, handles item auctions. That is not flexible.


I don't really agree, but I see where you're coming from.
____________________________


#47 Dec 22 2010 at 1:40 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,576 posts
AceAmallie wrote:
I envision retainers bartering, filling orders, selling items and interacting with players as a go-between for their owners. We currently have the bare bone system of offers and selling items, but what if retainers had additional tabs for 'Seeking' 'Selling (gil)' 'Scour' in which retainers act as virtual shopkeeps with pre established 'gambits' for those who wish to use them.

Seeking simply will allow a retainer to buy X amount of any item set by the owner as long as gil is present to cover it. Seeking will have an option added to search for players to instantly unload materials to waiting retainer buyers.

Selling will be improved, but in its current form will simply continue as it is.

Scour would be a complex gambit system in which retainers browse the wards and players who enter by automatically checking against a price per purchase system in which a retainer could be asked to fill. A formula like:


It'll never happen. What you're talking about is the same as an auction bot, and it would DESTROY the economy in a matter of days. Automated retainers running scripts to buy all of <x> item at or below <y> price with another script to resell at <y+20%>. Ya, that would go over real well. Bob's retainer buys every iron nuggets at or below 500g and turns around and resells them for 600g each which are then bought by Fred's retainer for 600g and resold for 700g which are then bought by Jerry's retainer for 700g and resold for 1000g which are then...

Get the picture?

No bloody way.
#48 Dec 22 2010 at 4:07 PM Rating: Good
*
88 posts
As far as the RMT argument goes.

If it be and AH or the Wards or maybe both in the future.
what really needs to be done is SE to get off their asses and control the collapse of the economy before it happens.


SE is trying to fight RMT they have a bad taste in their mouths from it during XI.
Many MMOs do in fact.

I applaud them for trying to make in inconvenient for RMT to work well.
But it's back firing as they only made it inconvenient to the players.

They're moving in the right directions and I'm pretty sure they'll continue to do so.
They seem to understand now based on complaints and reviews, that they can't just release a broken system and say thats that.

We as players and ex-players have expressed our un happiness where it hurt them most. Their pockets.

Anyway I went on a tangent there a bit. What I'm getting at is simple. SE really needs to just take control of their game and their world when it comes to abuse. Be pro-active and take action when it's obvious.

They did this in XI but only after the economy was already destroyed.
So even if they make it perfect for us players with either a AH or Ward or the combination of both. SE needs to pick up the slack and control RMT in their environment regardless.
#49 Dec 23 2010 at 5:11 AM Rating: Decent
49 posts
The funny thing is that the retainer system needs brains.
AH does not.
#50 Dec 23 2010 at 6:26 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
29 posts
GoldenArrow wrote:
The funny thing is that the retainer system needs brains.
AH does not.


You make it sounds like an AH is for brainless people :/

@topic,
As much as I am aware that the current ward system would provide more flexibility over an AH, I do believe that by having both system implemented, this would rather generate a more convenient and flexible economic system in overall.


Edited, Dec 23rd 2010 7:31am by Aucis
____________________________


#51 Dec 23 2010 at 9:00 AM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
GoldenArrow wrote:
The funny thing is that the retainer system needs brains.
AH does not.


Not really, the retainer system requires either tons more time, or making uninformed decisions. The AH requires little time and lets you make informed decisions.
____________________________


« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)