I meant to reply when this was new...
Does this affect SP parties at all? I mean...if you're seeing that much of a gain in your damage off just the -DEF BR, how would that look followed up by a WS > WS > Magic BR?
So on a Dark Red - Would the following yield a quick kill? (PT size 5-8)
Tank/Melee DD x3/Healer/Nuker x2/Debuff
- Fight starts with tank establishing some threat
- Debuffer slaps on some debuffs! While DDs get some TP going
- TP is at acceptable levels for WSes from all who would need to whomp-stomp the mob
- BR #1 = -DEF (Melee 1/Tank)
- BR #2 = -MagDEF (Nukers/Debuff)
- BR #3 = WS > WS > Magic
- Pew/Smash/Zap until dead...
Would this kill an IT++ mob (to a group) as quickly as a soloist kills a (high) blues? Also, is SP on Dark Reds at least enough to where a party killing one will get more SP/hr than someone soloing blues?
1. It does not affect party SP, however it greatly increases kill time if you can get it down nicely (Like after someone shouts BR Normal, you do Normal Normal Dart. After someone says BR Nuke, you do WS WS Nuke. That sort of thing with no stamina downtime)
In the beginning, you're probably going to want to use Normal Normal Spell while building TP. Normal Normal Spell = Two debuffs total (Normal-Normal = One, Normal-Spell = the other)
I have heard reports of people from R45-50 killing sundrakes outside of ul'dah for quick 250sp/kill (10 second kills in a 4-5 man party), however when I went there, the fights were much longer and gave me 150SP (I was outside party bonus).
We'll see. I'm playing with BRs a lot more. Edited, Dec 25th 2010 5:14am by Meowshi