Christmas was supposed to come early this year. That fateful night in September – as I giddily wrote my “Twas the Night Before Eorzea” poem – we waited on pins and needles for the launch of Final Fantasy XIV. Our expectations were sky high as we envisioned venturing into a world even more immersive than Vana’diel.
But when the day came, we got the bunny suit instead of the BB gun.
Now, here we are, with the real Christmas just days away. I’m pleased to say that much has changed in Eorzea since late September. With snow falling in the cities and peaceful, winter music in the air, the game finally feels as it should have on launch day. Still, this isn’t a complete game. The former development team did a great job of giving us a sturdy tree to decorate. Now, we need decorations. We need tinsel, lights, garland and ornaments. It’s time to make this game shine.
So, in the spirit of the holiday season, here is my wish list for Final Fantasy XIV. I understand none of these will be delivered this year, but why not try for an even earlier Christmas in 2011? How about springtime?
Anyway, here is my wish list:
- Random quests and stories, like the Star Onion Brigade.
- Improved durability on items.
- Mid-level content, like Moblin Maze Mongers or Garrison for Final Fantasy XI – things that make for good linkshell events.
- Guild leves that more closely resemble Assault missions from FFXI.
- More notorious monsters, but with a wider range in levels. This includes sharks with lasers mounted on their heads.
- Airships and chocobos – a necessity in Final Fantasy.
- Chocobo raising, and customizable chocobo armor.
- Flying chocobos with jet packs!
- More areas to explore with our new airships and jet-pack chocobos.
- Linkshell companies!
- Have I mentioned that I want more random quests?
- An auction house to work alongside the market wards. Also a stock exchange.
- Retainers smart enough to triple your item's price if it's the only one for sale.
- For the Oregon Ducks to beat Auburn in the BCS Championship Game (my character now has green pants and yellow armor, fwiw).
- A mailbox system, so I can forward holiday gifts to others!
- The ability to switch nations. In the absence of adding more missions, you could at least allow us to experience what the other nations have to offer.
- 1,000,000,000 gil.
- A pony.
Merry Christmas to all, and please... post your own wish lists here! And think BIG!
Edited, Dec 24th 2010 8:55am by Thayos