Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Need Crafter InputFollow

#1 Dec 25 2010 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Greetings, fellow crafters!

I need your help briefly. I am looking for specific information on Guild Mark rewards for local leves. Namely: What is the lowest appraisal score you have achieved in which the leve awarded you marks? I'll take testimonials but screenshots would be greatly appreciated!

For all of you detail-obsessed players out there, I'd be glad to know the following:
* Rank of the leve which awarded you marks
* Total marks awarded from the leve
This is mostly just to determine if the amount of marks awarded are tiered or not, but I'll need a lot of feedback on that one to really make any judgements.

Edited, Jan 12th 2011 8:44am by Osarion Lock Thread:
#2 Dec 25 2010 at 3:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
A Want of Weapons -- Iron Dagger synth (rank 25)

Your reward is based on a performance rating of 71.
You obtain 6 chunks of iron ore.
You obtain 42 earth shards.
You obtain 1273 Blacksmiths' Guild marks.


Edited, Dec 25th 2010 4:58pm by Ravashack

Clearing Bentbranch -- Cotton Work Gloves synth (rank 25)

Your reward is based on a performance rating of 14.
You obtain 3 cotton bolls.
You obtain 28 wind shards.
You obtain 786 Weavers' Guild marks.

Edited, Dec 25th 2010 8:17pm by Ravashack

In the Sultana's Wake -- Silver Chokers (rank 20)

Your reward is based on a performance rating of 23.
You obtain 3 silver ingots.
You obtain 2 earth crystals.
You obtain 688 Goldsmiths' Guild marks.

Edited, Dec 25th 2010 10:47pm by Ravashack
#3 Dec 25 2010 at 4:14 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
There's no visible tier system for marks. For a time I thought there might have been some sort of bonus in the gil/guild mark department based on your final assessment score but if there is it's pretty trivial, and it would be functionally impossible to determine for sure. Right now the only bonus I can say exists for sure is the amount of shards/crystals you receive (caps at 50 shards or 4 crystals for assessment score at or above 100, no extra shards/crystals for assessment at or above 200 that I've seen). Assessment score over 100 also yields additional mats above and beyond those listed (ie. armorer leve that lists 3 Bronze Ingots as a reward will also give 10 Bronze Squares for assessment over 100, 20 squares for score over 200, etc.)

Lowest assessment score I've received mars from was < 30. And I've had several leves like that where I basically handed the NPC a pile of miscellaneous garbage that loosely resembled the items they were looking for and received marks for it. Several times I've received over 1000 marks for leves such as that. Conversely, I've turned in many local leves with a final assessment score > 100 that awarded < 500 marks.
#4 Dec 25 2010 at 4:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Thanks Aur. What I meant by that though was not so much based off your appraisal score, but rather the tier of the leve itself. ex. A rank 40 leve's marks rewards being possibly much higher than a rank 15.



Again, I am specifically looking for the lowest appraisal score you have achieved that awarded you any amount of marks.
#5 Dec 25 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
There's no visible tier system for marks. For a time I thought there might have been some sort of bonus in the gil/guild mark department based on your final assessment score but if there is it's pretty trivial, and it would be functionally impossible to determine for sure.


He is correct...I used to think there had to be a correlation between quality and guild marks.Be it if you actually receive them or get a bonus of extra for higher quality.I have seen no difference between the times i have attempted for highest quality possible thus raising my appraisal performance,or simply using Hasty Hand all the way through.However next time i receive guild marks i will take a screen shot and edit it in this post.


Quote:
but rather the tier of the leve itself. ex. A rank 40 leve's marks rewards being possibly much higher than a rank 15.


I have noticed a difference in guild marks received for higher tier leve's.Usually when i get marks for
level 20-30 leve i usually recieve around 800 marks.Where as when i do level 40-50 they almost always reward over 1,000.Again next time i receive marks ill post screenshot.


Rank 20 Leve's
[img=185921][img=185923]
[img=185924][img=185949]









Edited, Dec 27th 2010 6:36am by SsXTricKeY
____________________________

#6 Dec 25 2010 at 5:19 PM Rating: Decent
**
618 posts
Osarion,

Something that might make it a bit easier for ya to work with is why not set up a form and use google doc's and give those members willing to help ya out the link for the form so they can submit the info. Other wise this post will be well.. rather long.

If your unfamiliar with using google doc's I can set it up for you. Let me know either way... will start keeping track and let ya know in what your looking for.
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#7 Dec 25 2010 at 5:30 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Thanks Aur. What I meant by that though was not so much based off your appraisal score, but rather the tier of the leve itself. ex. A rank 40 leve's marks rewards being possibly much higher than a rank 15.


Nope. Rank 30-40 leves award the same range of marks as rank 15 leves. I've had rank 15 leves pay out over 1k guild marks and rank 30-35 leves pay out ~500. I've only ever seen one rank 40 leve and it didn't give me any marks at all.
#8 Dec 25 2010 at 6:34 PM Rating: Excellent
**
437 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:

Again, I am specifically looking for the lowest appraisal score you have achieved that awarded you any amount of marks.


Weaving marks... 670 of them @ 17 appraisal.

____________________________
行く河の流れは絶えずしてしかも元の水にあらず。よどみに浮かぶ泡沫はかつ消えかつ結びて久しくとどまりたる例なし世の中にある人と住みかも全くのごとき。 -方丈記
#9 Dec 25 2010 at 8:37 PM Rating: Excellent
*
227 posts
Armorer Rank 15 Objectives

0020::Your reward is based on a performance rating of 24.
0020::You obtain 3 bronze ingots.
0020::You obtain 2 earth crystals.
0020::You obtain 401 Armorers' Guild marks.
Running Rings complete!

Edited, Dec 25th 2010 9:38pm by Thornpaw
____________________________
Remember: Some Times the Dragon Wins.



#10 Dec 25 2010 at 8:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Thanks guys!

SillyHawk, thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking to make a big production of this. Basically I'm just testing a theory (or trying to disprove it). Basically right now I'm of the opinion that 15 is the lowest score you can get to get marks. Looking to see if anyone's gotten them with a lower score.

Screenshot
#11 Dec 25 2010 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
*
81 posts
R20 Weaving
Your reward is based on a performance rating of 43.
You obtain 3 cotton bolls.
You obtain 35 fire shards.
You obtain 623 Weavers' Guild marks.

R20 Leatherworking
Your reward is based on a performance rating of 33.
You obtain 2 sheepskins.
You obtain 3 wind crystals.
You obtain 617 Leatherworkers' Guild marks.

Edited, Dec 26th 2010 2:39am by fallout386

R20 Alchemy
Your reward is based on a performance rating of 38.
You obtain 12 pinches of silex.
You obtain 34 fire shards.
You obtain 590 Alchemists' Guild marks.

Edited, Dec 28th 2010 12:54am by fallout386

R25 Weaver
Your reward is based on a performance rating of 27.
You obtain 4 cotton bolls.
You obtain 31 wind shards.
You obtain 920 Weavers' Guild marks.

Edited, Dec 28th 2010 4:33am by fallout386
____________________________


#12 Dec 25 2010 at 9:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Thanks guys!

SillyHawk, thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking to make a big production of this. Basically I'm just testing a theory (or trying to disprove it). Basically right now I'm of the opinion that 15 is the lowest score you can get to get marks. Looking to see if anyone's gotten them with a lower score.

Screenshot


It's not. I got a 14 today on a weaving leve. (I've been adding them to my earlier post.)
#13 Dec 26 2010 at 12:36 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
105 posts
1500~ Armorer marks on R45
____________________________

#14 Dec 26 2010 at 5:06 AM Rating: Excellent
*
211 posts
At 40, I don't even bother wasting the time synthing all items for leves anymore. But I do still do any 15+ leves I see for the marks. I just hasty hand the bare min required items, and still get marks, so I think the actual leve lvl is what matters.

Idk if I get less that way, but it's still usually around 600ish for the 20ish lvl leves.

My general opinion is that you shouldn't worry about it all that much, the marks will come over time, and down the road you won't have much to spend them on anyway. Some leve batches are lucky, some are not. I've had ls mats get more mark rewards than gil on some leve batches, it's just completely random from what I can tell.

Oh and another interesting thing worth mentioning... A little bit ago, when the servers crashed, they did a small rollback of about an hour or so. I had a local leve, that I turned in, and got 600 something marks for. After the rollback, I still had the leve completed, but not turned in yet. I went and turned it in a 2nd time, with the exact same appraisal and etc, and got about 100ish fewer marks, a different recipe, and crystals instead of shards.

So however the game figures your reward, it's not an exact thing, there is definitely at least some randomness there. And note, hasty handing the min req items gives you a dirt low appraisal.
____________________________
PvR fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KYqooGHd2g




#15 Dec 26 2010 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
447 posts
Fire and Hide - R25 Leatherworking Leve - Gridania
My rank - R22: Iron Round Knife, Iron Awl
Objective: Buffalo Leather x16 (4 out of 6 attempts successful needed)
---
Your reward is based on a performance of 22.
You obtain 2 buffalo hides.
You obtain 2 ice crystals.
You obtain 860 Leatherworkers' Guild marks.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#16 Dec 26 2010 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
447 posts
Fire and Hide - R15 Leatherworking Leve - Gridania
My rank - R23: Iron Round Knife, Iron Awl
Objective: Dodo Leather x12 (3 out of 5 attempts successful needed)
---
Your reward is based on a performance of 47.
You obtain 2 dodo skins.
You obtain 3 ice crystals.
You obtain 507 Leatherworkers' Guild marks.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#17 Dec 26 2010 at 4:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
28 posts
I have a question about marks.

Does it matter or not for the amount (getting any at all on lvl 15/20) if you are at the city where that guild is at or at another city?
#18 Dec 26 2010 at 4:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Dagfor wrote:
I have a question about marks.

Does it matter or not for the amount (getting any at all on lvl 15/20) if you are at the city where that guild is at or at another city?


That makes no difference, no.
#19 Dec 26 2010 at 4:16 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
225 posts
I am kinda leaning towards your rank vs the rank and difficulty of the synth, equals score requirement to get the marks.

BTW, I don't see this listed anywheres on either zam or yg, maybe I missed it but I just synthed 2 x Radiant Earth Moraine, on goldsmith, I used OH for the synth. It was from a normal earth rock.


Edited, Dec 26th 2010 6:56pm by Spyrit178

Edited, Dec 26th 2010 7:03pm by Spyrit178
____________________________


#20 Dec 27 2010 at 2:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
I actualy recieved 500 or so marks from a weaving leve, when i was level 10, with only an appriasal rating of 4(i failed 2 of the 4 synths)
it was a level 15 leve


my current testing of this(havent been writing anything down, just trying to see if i can disprove certain rumors, which i have according to what ive done for myself) has revealed the following

higher leve level = more marks
higher appraisal rating = no idea of its effect, have yet to really try for a higher rating
your level = no affect other then its easier to do the leve
successes= no affect other then the more you get the highger the appraisal rating

Edited, Dec 27th 2010 12:04am by Vedis

Edited, Dec 27th 2010 12:06am by Vedis
____________________________


#21 Jan 11 2011 at 4:44 PM Rating: Good
9 posts
I dont think the level of appraisal affects the amount of marks received as much as the level of the local levequest.

1- Pants make the man "Rank 30"
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7429/21673870.gif

2- Pants make the man "Rank 30"
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3439/24878740.gif

3- Just for kecks "Rank 20"
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1171/66337229.gif
____________________________
#22 Jan 11 2011 at 4:48 PM Rating: Excellent
While I told you this in game Os, the lowest I have ever gotten marks for was Planks A Plenty(R15 version making Ash Planks) with an appraisal of 7 after Hasty Handing my way through the Ash Planks. I got roughly 750 marks, and remember it well because I was one Guild Mark off my next book.

Edited, Jan 11th 2011 3:49pm by Manosuke
____________________________
[quote]Capitalism Ho, ******************************************************************************** in /K/ where /K/lik is the new spam.[/url][/b]
Try out Eve free for a few weeks :D
#23 Jan 11 2011 at 8:47 PM Rating: Good
Vedis wrote:
higher leve level = more marks
higher appraisal rating = no idea of its effect, have yet to really try for a higher rating
your level = no affect other then its easier to do the leve
successes= no affect other then the more you get the highger the appraisal rating


I seem to get higher value rewards seemingly in tiers of 100, at 100 appraisal you get an extra item and noticably more gil/shards/marks than for 1-99 appraisal. 200+ gets you a third set of item rewards and even higher gil/shard/mark rewards. I find it's often rarely worth the time on CRP leves as I tend to get useless rewards material wise, and while more marks would be nice... it's pretty rare that I actually get them at all so I have started hasty handing my way through the R15s.
____________________________
[quote]Capitalism Ho, ******************************************************************************** in /K/ where /K/lik is the new spam.[/url][/b]
Try out Eve free for a few weeks :D
#24 Jan 11 2011 at 8:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
Manosuke the Irrelevant wrote:
Vedis wrote:
higher leve level = more marks
higher appraisal rating = no idea of its effect, have yet to really try for a higher rating
your level = no affect other then its easier to do the leve
successes= no affect other then the more you get the highger the appraisal rating


I seem to get higher value rewards seemingly in tiers of 100, at 100 appraisal you get an extra item and noticably more gil/shards/marks than for 1-99 appraisal. 200+ gets you a third set of item rewards and even higher gil/shard/mark rewards. I find it's often rarely worth the time on CRP leves as I tend to get useless rewards material wise, and while more marks would be nice... it's pretty rare that I actually get them at all so I have started hasty handing my way through the R15s.


while you may get more marks for higher appraisal, you generaly do not get that higher appraisal on level appropriate leves, you get them on much much lower leves....so you get naturaly less marks to begin with, its more of an evening out if you have seen more marsk, but i still havent in those cases
____________________________


#25 Jan 11 2011 at 9:37 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
15 is the lowest rank leve to get a chance at marks.

Higher appraisal does not increase your chance of getting marks, only the amount of marks from the base it intended to give you from the base random amount.
____________________________

#26 Jan 11 2011 at 9:51 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
227 posts
I heard people discuss with me once that it was based on how fast you finish and deliver the leve if you get guild marks. I'm not grafter, I'm just a humble gatherer, but I often talk to crafters and do a tiny bit of crafting on the side to help out crafters, making basic components for them like buckles and so on.

But I wasn't really paying attention, but in my shell a few crafters were discussing how they read it was based on speed, or at least that it would up your chances of it.
#27 Jan 11 2011 at 10:44 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
mjv wrote:
I heard people discuss with me once that it was based on how fast you finish and deliver the leve if you get guild marks. I'm not grafter, I'm just a humble gatherer, but I often talk to crafters and do a tiny bit of crafting on the side to help out crafters, making basic components for them like buckles and so on.

But I wasn't really paying attention, but in my shell a few crafters were discussing how they read it was based on speed, or at least that it would up your chances of it.


Never underestimate the propensity for simple minded people to complicate things beyond reason.

Whether or not you get guild marks for local leves is determined in exactly the same way as whether or not you get guild marks for a combat class. It's randomly determined, and it is determined even before you pick up the local leve.

Next thing you know someone is going to suggest that whether or not you get guild marks is determined by which direction you're facing when you turn in the leve. -.-
#28 Jan 11 2011 at 10:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
Aurelius wrote:
mjv wrote:
I heard people discuss with me once that it was based on how fast you finish and deliver the leve if you get guild marks. I'm not grafter, I'm just a humble gatherer, but I often talk to crafters and do a tiny bit of crafting on the side to help out crafters, making basic components for them like buckles and so on.

But I wasn't really paying attention, but in my shell a few crafters were discussing how they read it was based on speed, or at least that it would up your chances of it.


Never underestimate the propensity for simple minded people to complicate things beyond reason.

Whether or not you get guild marks for local leves is determined in exactly the same way as whether or not you get guild marks for a combat class. It's randomly determined, and it is determined even before you pick up the local leve.

Next thing you know someone is going to suggest that whether or not you get guild marks is determined by which direction you're facing when you turn in the leve. -.-



the weather and time of day also affects wether or not you get marks :)
____________________________


#29 Jan 11 2011 at 10:58 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
227 posts
Don't forget the moon phase! Blasted tripple full half moons!
#30 Jan 12 2011 at 10:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Thanks for all the input, everyone!

It would appear that there is no minimum appraisal score needed to get DoH marks, which I thought there was. Locking thread now.
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)