Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Naoki yoshida 4gamer interviewFollow

#102 Dec 30 2010 at 9:43 AM Rating: Good
**
429 posts
supernokes wrote:
and as for warcraft and this thought about the mods doing what players easily did anyway, i call major BS to that. Bossmods being the prime example. It made everything easymode. You no longer had to pay attention to the way the mob acted so that you klnow what it was doing, the mod did that for you and everyone else. And that took most of the chhalenge out of everything.

Edited, Dec 29th 2010 11:51pm by Vedis


You couldn't be any more wrong. Deadly Boss Mods/Big Wigs does not make an encounter significantly easier, or sometimes not at all. It doesn't make people not stand in fire, it didn't make tanks/DPS use a proper rotation, it didn't make healers heal the right people and dispel on time. All it did was organize already existing raid indicators (boss shouts, emotes, built-in warnings) in a more visible way.

Please don't post things you only know about from rumors and hearsay.
#103 Dec 30 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
***
1,457 posts
Oh em gee. I can't believe you guys have turned this thread in to an argument over UI enhancement. To all the people who played FFXI and never played anything else, it is not a harder game by any means. FFXI was not hard save for the two bosses that the devs literally made near impossible to beat on purpose. Raiding in wow takes far more reaction, skill, and team work than most of the endgame in FFXI. Add ons are not required, I never started using them until the tail end of the last expansion and it was only out of curiosity. Still the only add on I use is a threat meter to make sure I'm not pulling off of the tank (while still being able to put out optimum damage) instead of guessing. That's not making it easier, it's making me a more efficient raider.

You know why they brought this dude in? Because the original devs built a failed game with no future prospects. It's not fun for most people. Sometimes I think FFXI players are just afraid of what other games have to offer. Adding fun, convenient modes of transportation or more organized end game encounters will not ruin your community or your game. It will improve it. Beware btw.. if this guy was big on DaoC, you will definitely be seeing a pvp aspect coming up in FFXIV's future. I personally think it's too late to turn the game around. SE has already alienated way too many people by focusing far too much on visuals and losing the gameplay somewherein there. The balance has progressively been shifting that way since 97'. If I want to stand somewhere pretty and emote with people, I'll go camping. This is a video game, I want to slay dragons and then ride one home; and not wait around for 6 hours to do so.

Other than that, how is everyone? What are you all looking forward to with the change in staff?
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#104 Dec 30 2010 at 2:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Wolfums wrote:
supernokes wrote:
and as for warcraft and this thought about the mods doing what players easily did anyway, i call major BS to that. Bossmods being the prime example. It made everything easymode. You no longer had to pay attention to the way the mob acted so that you klnow what it was doing, the mod did that for you and everyone else. And that took most of the chhalenge out of everything.

Edited, Dec 29th 2010 11:51pm by Vedis


You couldn't be any more wrong. Deadly Boss Mods/Big Wigs does not make an encounter significantly easier, or sometimes not at all. It doesn't make people not stand in fire, it didn't make tanks/DPS use a proper rotation, it didn't make healers heal the right people and dispel on time. All it did was organize already existing raid indicators (boss shouts, emotes, built-in warnings) in a more visible way.

Please don't post things you only know about from rumors and hearsay.


Apologies for the continued derail.

DBM does not replace stupidity. However, it compensates for it as much as it possibly can. "Organizing already existing raid indicators in a more visible way" DOES make an encounter easier, unless you somehow find a loud klaxon going off while the screen flashes red because a nasty AE is about to go off hard to catch your attention.

For those who cannot be bothered to click on the link because it is going to Curse, here's a copy/paste of the features DBM advertises:

Quote:

* Boss mods for all raid bosses
* Colored raid warnings (players will be colored according to their class) with icons - so you will know what's going on without even reading the message
* Auto-respond during boss fights. DBM will inform anyone who whispers you during a boss fight that you are busy. These messages contain the name and health of the boss as well as the raid's status
* HealthFrame: you can enable a simple frame that shows a health bar for all active bosses. This is enabled by default for multi-mob bosses like Four Horsemen
* Bars can be enlarged with decent effects when they are about to expire
* Crash recovery: you had a disconnect or crash during a boss fight? No problem for DBM! It will request the timer and combat status information from other DBM users in your raid group and you get your timers back
* Synchronization system for accurate timers
* No dependencies, no embedded libraries (except for the optional LibDataBroker plugin that embeds LibDataBroker)
* Modular design - all boss mods are plugins and can be exchanged, removed or updated separately
* Load on demand - all boss mods are separate AddOns and they will be loaded when they are needed. So they don't use memory or cpu until you enter the corresponding instance
* Efficient code: DBM uses less than 250 kb memory and the cpu usage is also very low
* Special effects like the screen flash effect, huge warning messages and sounds will draw your attention to critical events
* Bars can change their color over time and flash before they expire
* There are many bar designs to choose from, all designs are are customizable: you can change the color, size, icon position etc.
* Support for SharedMedia, so you can use any texture for your bars
* Option to create custom timers, so-called "Pizza Timers" for your pizza or whatever you prefer to eat while raiding. You can also send those timers to your raid group
* Powerful object-oriented API - you can use it to write your own boss mods!


Draw your own conclusions.
#105 Dec 30 2010 at 2:24 PM Rating: Good
**
429 posts
Ravashack wrote:
You couldn't be any more wrong. Deadly Boss Mods/Big Wigs does not make an encounter significantly easier, or sometimes not at all. It doesn't make people not stand in fire, it didn't make tanks/DPS use a proper rotation, it didn't make healers heal the right people and dispel on time. All it did was organize already existing raid indicators (boss shouts, emotes, built-in warnings) in a more visible way.

Please don't post things you only know about from rumors and hearsay.

Apologies for the continued derail.

DBM does not replace stupidity. However, it compensates for it as much as it possibly can. "Organizing already existing raid indicators in a more visible way" DOES make an encounter easier, unless you somehow find a loud klaxon going off while the screen flashes red because a nasty AE is about to go off hard to catch your attention.

Draw your own conclusions.


Good to see you actually paid attention when I said it does not significantly change an encounter's difficulty.

As someone who's raided both with and without DBM, it was not a deciding factor in winning a boss encounter. It doesn't replace stupidity in any shape, because people will STILL die to those AOEs, people still won't pay attention to DBM warnings, and people still don't know how to play their classes.

DMB does not make your character fight for you, DBM does not lower a boss' HP/attack strength, DBM does not magically resurrect dead players. Boss encounters can be done with or without DBM, and there are TONS of people who don't use it, and TONS of guilds who don't enforce the use of DBM except for the players that consistently ***** up raid encounters and don't listen to raid leaders.

DBM can be replaced by a guy on Vent keeping a timer on when bosses will be using their abilities.

But keep on hating on addons, I'm sure you know everything there is about them and what raiding in WOW is like.

Edited, Dec 30th 2010 3:24pm by Wolfums
#106 Dec 30 2010 at 2:35 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
I did all but hard modes without using DBM. Its not needed until you hit the upper tier of content.

like someone said, more often than not it simply moves some warning lines from your chat box to the middle of the screen.
____________________________


#107 Dec 30 2010 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Ravashack wrote:

Draw your own conclusions.


Ya, that's awesome. Hand off a feature list for a game most people here know little about despite their insistence that they're informed enough to have an opinion. Most of the people who think something like DBM dumbs down raiding are just going to skim a wall-o-text and say "lolol look at all those features wow that sure makes it easy." So let's do it right, shall we? And let's use specific examples. Now, I'm not going to barf out all of what is to follow to try and "prove" one game is harder than blah blah blah. It doesn't matter. What I'm going to do is illustrate how encounters in WoW evolved under the assumption that certain addons would be in use and for those maybe wondering what all the hullabaloo is about and who are able to read objectively, you'll see that addons like DBM aren't a detriment to any game. If the developer responds to their use appropriately, they can actually help produce more diverse and interesting encounters.

DBM does three things. It tracks timers for various different events within a given encounter and posts alerts when something is about to happen. It monitors player and mob buffs/debuffs and reports them in a context sensitive way. It monitors player and mob actions via the combat log and alerts to specific events based on the encounter.

So lets talk about dragons. We like dragons, right?

Now you can go the FFXI style of dragons that involves stacking people on its feet and healing them through damage spikes without drawing threat and getting your group slapped around by the dragon's tail. Beyond that, it's pretty much a tank 'n spank.

Or we could go with a WoW style dragon encounter like Sartharion (3 drakes, because WoW is so easy we can wrap our heads around Sarth 3D pre-zerg, right?) In this encounter, having cleared all the trash mobs you're left with one very large dragon (Sartharion) standing on an island surrounded by lava. And surrounding that moat of lava is a ledge extending all the way around 3 sides of the zone upon which are perched three smaller dragons (drakes).

You can kill each of these drakes individually without linking the others (or Sartharion) but in doing so, you reduce the potential rewards for the encounter. But let's look at the basic mechanics for each drake now because if you leave them and engage Sartharion while the drakes are still alive, they fly down at staggered intervals where they must be dealt with alongside the big nasty dragon.

Each drake encounter features the same four basic mechanics. They will hit people (ideally a tank). They will breathe things on people in a frontal cone AoE (shadow damage). At least one of them (it's been a while since I did the encounter) will spawn the ubiquitous void zones...small areas that appear on the ground under a randomly selected player that deal substantial damage over time to anyone standing on them. And lastly, each drake will create portals that players can click on to travel through. Inside they will find different kinds of mobs depending on the drake you're fighting and if they don't kill those mobs within a certain span of time, those mobs will come back out through the portal and create some problems whether it's a case of swarming your healers or buffing the drake.

So that's each drake. Direct damage to the tank, AoE breath, void zones, and portals. Nothing phenomenal and really, fought individually they're pretty standard fare for most raid groups.

Then you've got Sartharion himself. Obviously, standing in (and/or getting knocked into) the lava around his island is bad. You can't pull him off his island or he goes all emo rage and starts one-shotting people. You fight him on the island and there are certain basic mechanics at play. He likes to hit people hard (ideally tanks). He likes to breathe on people (conal fire AoE). Fireballs will fall from the sky while you're fighting him and when they land not only do they do some (usually) minor fire damage in an AoE around the impact point, but they spawn a number of fire elementals. And lastly, at timed intervals throughout the encounter, large waves of lava will spout up from one side of the island or the other and pass over the island. Even though these waves are on timers, which side they spawn on is random. If you get caught in a tidal wave of melty-delicious lava, it's going to hurt. If the fire elementals that spawned from the fireball get hit by a melty-delicious wave, they grow and become more nasty.

So now wrap it all up and put it together. You engage Sartharion with the three drakes still alive. Everything functions as if you were fighting Sartharion alone except that he's buffed and you've got a pair of ugly debuffs that amplify the damage you take from fire and shadow damage. A timer starts ticking down and when it reaches zero, one of the drakes flies down and engages you. Another timer is ticking down and when it reaches zero, another drake flies down. And then when the third timer reaches zero, the final drake flies down. So now assuming you're not a Baddie McBad and you're killing one drake before the next drake comes down, the encounter becomes the following:

- Large dragon smacking your tank. One of the drakes will buff the large dragon causing 50% (?) more damage. The only way to remove the buff is to kill the drake providing it.
- Large dragon breathing fire on your tank. One of the drakes will debuff the entire raid group to take 50% (?) more fire damage (dragon breath, fireballs, fire elementals, flame waves). The only way to remove the debuff is to kill the drake providing it.
- Fireballs falling from the sky spawning fire elementals that must be contained by another tank and killed off ASAP.
- Lava waves passing over the island on timed intervals, buffing elementals in their path and usually killing any player that takes a direct hit.
- Drakes flying down at timed intervals swinging, breathing, spawning void zones (shadow damage...and you take 50% more of it because of the debuff one of the drakes is applying) and spawning portals that must be attended to.

So at any given time you're going to have a tank on Sartharion, a tank on the elementals and a drake, healers on the Sarth tank, healers on the drake tank, healers on the rest of the raid, elementals running around, portals spawning, void zones spawning, flame waves spawning, fireballs falling, dps in portals, dps out of portals...

...and that's all if you're doing it right. It's awesome good fun, and do you know what DBM does for you the entire time this is happening?

1) It's tracking the drake landing timers and will let you know when one is about to land.
2) When a drake spawns a portal, it will tell you that a portal has spawned (they're not always easy to see amidst the chaos). It will also tell you if mobs have escaped the portal.
3) When a lava wave is about to appear, it will tell you.
4) If you're standing on a void zone it will tell you, though if you wait for it to tell you you're probably already dead.
5) It will track Sartharion's enrage timer (yes, you have a limited amount of time to kill him).

And that's about it. That's how much DBM "dumbs down" an encounter like that. All it does is provide you with information in a timely fashion. It doesn't target things for you or even tell you what to target. It doesn't show you where the flame waves are going to spawn. It doesn't show you where to run to get out of the path of a flame wave. It doesn't activate your abilities for you. In a nutshell, all DBM ever really does is help to reduce the likelihood that a few seconds of tunnel vision is going to wipe the raid. And believe me, I've been in enough botched encounters to know that not even DBM can save you if you're not up to the task at hand.
#108 Dec 30 2010 at 4:31 PM Rating: Decent
28 posts
can we plz move this thread to the wow forums.
#109 Dec 30 2010 at 4:34 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Frito3434 wrote:
can we plz move this thread to the wow forums.


Can you please get your head out of your ****? People are talking about addons and how it will dumb down this and ruin that. And if you want an example of how addons impact a game, WoW is a good place to start. If you don't like it, there are other threads on the boards you can troll.
#110 Dec 30 2010 at 4:47 PM Rating: Default
28 posts
Aurelius wrote:
Frito3434 wrote:
can we plz move this thread to the wow forums.


Can you please get your head out of your ****? People are talking about addons and how it will dumb down this and ruin that. And if you want an example of how addons impact a game, WoW is a good place to start. If you don't like it, there are other threads on the boards you can troll.



then go back to wow i am starting to not care what people say in these dam forums since everyone is just a troll anyway. thanks for clearing that up. and if you want to make this game easy liek wow with all of your dumb add-ons thne go play wow and let ffxiv be a more challenging game, not all game sneed to hold your hand.
#111 Dec 30 2010 at 4:49 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Frito3434 wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
Frito3434 wrote:
can we plz move this thread to the wow forums.


Can you please get your head out of your ****? People are talking about addons and how it will dumb down this and ruin that. And if you want an example of how addons impact a game, WoW is a good place to start. If you don't like it, there are other threads on the boards you can troll.



then go back to wow i am starting to not care what people say in these dam forums since everyone is just a troll anyway. thanks for clearing that up. and if you want to make this game easy liek wow with all of your dumb add-ons thne go play wow and let ffxiv be a more challenging game, not all game sneed to hold your hand.


You stay up nights thinking of retorts like that and just writing them on crumpled little post-it notes waiting for an opportunity to use them? Protip: don't. Stupid retorts are stupid no matter how long it took you to come up with them.
#112 Dec 30 2010 at 4:52 PM Rating: Default
28 posts
Aurelius wrote:
Frito3434 wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
Frito3434 wrote:
can we plz move this thread to the wow forums.


Can you please get your head out of your ****? People are talking about addons and how it will dumb down this and ruin that. And if you want an example of how addons impact a game, WoW is a good place to start. If you don't like it, there are other threads on the boards you can troll.



then go back to wow i am starting to not care what people say in these dam forums since everyone is just a troll anyway. thanks for clearing that up. and if you want to make this game easy liek wow with all of your dumb add-ons thne go play wow and let ffxiv be a more challenging game, not all game sneed to hold your hand.


You stay up nights thinking of retorts like that and just writing them on crumpled little post-it notes waiting for an opportunity to use them? Protip: don't. Stupid retorts are stupid no matter how long it took you to come up with them.



you busted me i acually do want to talk all about wow and nothing but wow and i want ffxiv to be soi easy i get lv cap just for loging on and if i do kill something then SE shoudl come to my house and personaly congartulate me for the effort. hurry and find your post-it note to reply to this smart guy.
#113 Dec 30 2010 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
**
451 posts
Frito3434 wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
Frito3434 wrote:
can we plz move this thread to the wow forums.


Can you please get your head out of your ****? People are talking about addons and how it will dumb down this and ruin that. And if you want an example of how addons impact a game, WoW is a good place to start. If you don't like it, there are other threads on the boards you can troll.



then go back to wow i am starting to not care what people say in these dam forums since everyone is just a troll anyway. thanks for clearing that up. and if you want to make this game easy liek wow with all of your dumb add-ons thne go play wow and let ffxiv be a more challenging game, not all game sneed to hold your hand.


AHHHH, and there it is, the inevitable "Go back to WoW" reply. When all else fails, just lash out and say "go back to WoW" and you automatically win the argument.

#114 Dec 30 2010 at 5:12 PM Rating: Good
**
429 posts
Oh the ol' "go back to WOW" argument.

I got one for you too.

If you don't want your developers to improve and evolve your game, go back to pong.
#116 Dec 30 2010 at 5:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
225 posts
There was only one addon responsible for dumbing down wow, that was recount. DBM didn't do much good for some people because they were too busy watching their damage meter. As a tank, omen an was invaluable addon, as well as DBM.

Especially when it came to new raids I wasn't familiar with, DBM helped in that aspact, UI mods would be very nice, as I hate screen clutter. Pitbull and bartender were great addons for customizing UIs, IceHUD was just awesome for DK. If we can leave the damage meters out, we won't head the way of stupid.
____________________________


#117 Dec 30 2010 at 5:29 PM Rating: Excellent
**
429 posts
FFXI already had damage parsers. =/

I actually would have said Quest Helper dumbed down the game a lot, but then they incorporated it into the standard UI. And FFXIV has the same thing.
#118 Dec 30 2010 at 6:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Wolfums wrote:


Good to see you actually paid attention when I said it does not significantly change an encounter's difficulty.

As someone who's raided both with and without DBM, it was not a deciding factor in winning a boss encounter. It doesn't replace stupidity in any shape, because people will STILL die to those AOEs, people still won't pay attention to DBM warnings, and people still don't know how to play their classes.

DMB does not make your character fight for you, DBM does not lower a boss' HP/attack strength, DBM does not magically resurrect dead players. Boss encounters can be done with or without DBM, and there are TONS of people who don't use it, and TONS of guilds who don't enforce the use of DBM except for the players that consistently ***** up raid encounters and don't listen to raid leaders.

DBM can be replaced by a guy on Vent keeping a timer on when bosses will be using their abilities.

But keep on hating on addons, I'm sure you know everything there is about them and what raiding in WOW is like.

Edited, Dec 30th 2010 3:24pm by Wolfums


Good to see you actually paid attention when you removed the quote around the person I was actually replying to. I do not disagree that it does not SIGNIFICANTLY change an encounter's difficulty. I'm saying it tries to make things easier for the player as much as it possibly can. Both statements are NOT mutually exclusive. In fact, I was not replying to what you were saying in the first place! Why do you think I quoted the person I was replying to?

Aurelius: The list of features is try to point out that it does a lot more than just "organize" things in a more visible way. I admit, I might be having too much faith that people have the patience to read through it and have the basic understanding to understand the difference between a silly feature like

Quote:

* Option to create custom timers, so-called "Pizza Timers" for your pizza or whatever you prefer to eat while raiding. You can also send those timers to your raid group


from something that sounds more game related like

Quote:

* Colored raid warnings (players will be colored according to their class) with icons - so you will know what's going on without even reading the message


But since people are being confused by what I said, maybe this is more clear instead:

DBM (and other add-ons) won't replace your brain if you don't have one. But if you do it tries its best to wake it up, and for some people this can make the difference.
#119 Dec 30 2010 at 6:20 PM Rating: Good
**
429 posts
Ravashack wrote:
Good to see you actually paid attention when you removed the quote around the person I was actually replying to. I do not disagree that it does not SIGNIFICANTLY change an encounter's difficulty. I'm saying it tries to make things easier for the player as much as it possibly can. Both statements are NOT mutually exclusive. In fact, I was not replying to what you were saying in the first place! Why do you think I quoted the person I was replying to?


My mistake, I thought you were actually trying to disprove my point so I raged at you.

Now I'm rage-agreeing with you.
#120 Dec 30 2010 at 6:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
626 posts
Quote:
people were talking about add-ons dumbing the game down
"Assuming that everyone wants the game to be dumbed down".


i wonder if financial numbers are making a larger impact in the new teams eyes.
the general MMO gamer does want add-ons, they do want instanced dungeons, and they want an AH.
im wondering if taking a step back from trying to be so "revolutionary" and toooooootally different than anything else in existance if theyre trying to bring in some of the non-niche gamers in so they can bring up their numbers.

half my friends dont even know about this game and the other half has only heard horrid roomers or watched leve quest vids on youtube, and each and every one of them is turned off by at least one of the above. these people are good gamers, they pawn **** and make alot of friends ingame (theyre nice people but by NO MEANS do they have a disney sense of humour, thank god) so im sure that if there something a bit more mainstream to draw them the game wouldnt be so financially rickety anymore...?
____________________________

#121 Dec 30 2010 at 6:36 PM Rating: Default
**
923 posts
Implement an AH, get rid of Durability and I may just play a little. One can dream............
#122 Dec 30 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
43 posts
Ok, soooo. While they make sartherion +3 sound really good and oh so hard, the reality is having played both WOW and ffxi ALOT they are nothing alike at all. WOW focuses mostly on timed environmeantal damage, think the stages of liche king dropping away, fire circles etc. Where ffxi focused on each player doing their individual jobs to perfection for long periods. The typical sarth +3 fight before zerg was 20 minutes tops the ffxi wyrms, tiamat, jorm and vrtra took literally 2 hours 1 1/2 if you were in a zomg leet ls. Both have great aspects, However and even the wow guys that are anti xiv will admit that perhaps 5% of any given server are capable of clearing the hard mode content untill it has been so nerfed as to make it easy. So my point anyway is that add ons do help. However they help the casual player even more than the hardcore. So many people squeel about the game being so unfriendly to casual players why would you not want an assist when it comes time to do end game. I was a hardcore wow raider and even more hardcore hnm / sea shell raider in xi. We are wasting time with this discussion really. Lets talk content then worry over zomg they are making add ons available. Really what the **** would you use add ons for at this point in xiv lol killing coblyns? No but to clean up the mess of widgets se has for a ui and get more action bars on the screen.
Thats my 2 c.
Thanks,
Big Jer
(I said the wow word in a possible negative comment so....... /equip body "Flame Retardant Suit")
____________________________


#123 Dec 30 2010 at 6:48 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
pixelpop wrote:
Quote:
people were talking about add-ons dumbing the game down
"Assuming that everyone wants the game to be dumbed down".


i wonder if financial numbers are making a larger impact in the new teams eyes.
the general MMO gamer does want add-ons, they do want instanced dungeons, and they want an AH.
im wondering if taking a step back from trying to be so "revolutionary" and toooooootally different than anything else in existance if theyre trying to bring in some of the non-niche gamers in so they can bring up their numbers.

half my friends dont even know about this game and the other half has only heard horrid roomers or watched leve quest vids on youtube, and each and every one of them is turned off by at least one of the above. these people are good gamers, they pawn sh*t and make alot of friends ingame (theyre nice people but by NO MEANS do they have a disney sense of humour, thank god) so im sure that if there something a bit more mainstream to draw them the game wouldnt be so financially rickety anymore...?


People will be speculating whether the changes SE has made/will make are financially motivated or whether they're motivated out of a genuine desire to respond to player feedback for months and months and probably years. The only thing I take issue with is people saying SE didn't listen in beta when they've already made it clear that they listened and had intended to incorporate feedback but they ran out of time. It's a plausible explanation that makes sense unless someone happens to be a ******, in which case they're welcome to go back to their corner and finish eating their paste.

I place the game's struggles squarely on Tanaka's shoulders. I've come to see him as both inept and arrogant. You can be inept if you're a nice guy and you can be arrogant if you're good, but you can't be inept and arrogant. Tanaka came out numerous times after the game was announced talking about all their experience from FFXI and how he wanted to pass off a lot of the development decisions to the younger folks so that they could "learn how to become good game developers, too" when from the outside looking in, Tanaka's era of game development ended a decade ago. He's out of touch with what players want and he's in denial about it (or at least he was...who knows what's going through his mind these days.)

I don't fault them for wanting to innovate. FFXI is credited as the original game to use an auction house...a feature that most MMO studios have since incorporated into their games in one way or another. So if you're the innovator of something like that and everyone is duplicating your success in that area (and in many cases, improving upon it) it only stands to reason that your second time out, you're going to try and outdo yourself. Only I think that in this case, Tanaka's out-of-touch perspective bit him in the ***. And the XI community didn't help one bit, crowing their praises of the bazaar farms outside Jeuno. Guess what? We got the Jeuno bazaar farms in place of an AH and ya'll ******* hate it, so it just goes to show that nuzzling a developer's nuts over mediocre systems doesn't do anyone any favors now, does it?

I was just reading an interview article with one of the key figures behind Rift and it was...interesting. I'm not mentioning this to brazenly plug another game in the FFXIV forums but I thin it's relevant. In that interview, the guy is talking about what they've been learning about as they proceed through a series of beta tests and he's commenting about how they're in a good position with the testing. The game is receiving high marks for its current state of polish for a beta test (lots of players are commenting that what they're being given access to seems like a finished game already). And what that does is allow the developers to focus on player feedback. He comments about how they've flushed out most of the bugs and now they actually have developers sitting down and monitoring chat during the beta testing, gathering real time feedback about what's working and what's not...stuff like that. The article is a little dated and the 3rd beta event he refers to is already underway, but he comments about how it takes about 60 people from the development team to stage these beta tests. Put that in the context of XIV. XIV was nowhere near finished when they opened semi-public/public testing for the game but they had to divert probably about the same number of people from core development to beta testing. Would that help or hurt development?

I don't care for the conspiracy theories that SE only seems to be listening and changing now because the launch debacle hit them in their proverbial wallets. It doesn't matter why they're doing what they're doing. From my point of view, the game can't hold my interest regardless of SE's motivation for change, and that's all that matters to me. I'm not going to bore myself into misery waiting for them to fix it. I don't owe SE anything, they don't owe me anything, and as soon as an alternative rolls around we're quits on the whole deal. And between now and then, I think about all I have left that I want to do is take a tour around Mor Dhona. Not exactly an urgent goal.
#124 Dec 30 2010 at 6:57 PM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
I think when it comes down to it you have to realize that there are going to be people using game mods eventually no matter what happens. So really the only way to make the playing field equal is to open the game up to them. I don't want to burst anyones bubble, but if you played FFXI, and killed at least 1 king, there was someone in your group using an illegal mod. They may not have admitted it, but they were there.

It's the age old prohibition arguement, making it illegal just means the outlaws are the only ones with access to it.

As far as the WoW addons go, I allways thought Healbot/Grid had a much larger impact on the difficulty of fights than DBM. It turned healing into a glorified flash game. That said, you could just write your own mouse overs and have the same effect, HB just put them in a handy little gui for you.

One thing about user created addons, it opens the game up to tens of thousands of developers, rather than being closed off to just a dozen or two. Alot of the features in today's WoW, began as user created addons.
#125MrTakeo, Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 7:31 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You mad?
#126 Dec 30 2010 at 7:55 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Did we ever get a full translation?

I'm glad we have someone new at the helm. I'm not big on add-ons, and I'll most likely not use them. But I would like to see some more content and more information about changes that are to come to the near future of XIV. Does Yoshida talk about that any in the interview?
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#127 Dec 30 2010 at 8:07 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
I'm still waiting for a link to those wow add-on's that let me one shot bosses <.<
____________________________
MUTED
#128 Dec 30 2010 at 11:16 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
439 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Did we ever get a full translation?

I'm glad we have someone new at the helm. I'm not big on add-ons, and I'll most likely not use them. But I would like to see some more content and more information about changes that are to come to the near future of XIV. Does Yoshida talk about that any in the interview?


Elmer has written a summary on the main page. Yoshida doesn't really say anything though (both in this and the gamewatch interview), at least no concrete plans. He redirects to the post he'll do on Jan 1st and (in the gamewatch article) he often replies he can't comment on specific details.
____________________________
Korede..Millia moshido wa...
PLD/WAR 75/37 - Asura
#129 Dec 30 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
xizro wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Did we ever get a full translation?

I'm glad we have someone new at the helm. I'm not big on add-ons, and I'll most likely not use them. But I would like to see some more content and more information about changes that are to come to the near future of XIV. Does Yoshida talk about that any in the interview?


Elmer has written a summary on the main page. Yoshida doesn't really say anything though (both in this and the gamewatch interview), at least no concrete plans. He redirects to the post he'll do on Jan 1st and (in the gamewatch article) he often replies he can't comment on specific details.


Now there's a phrase with which we should all be intimately familiar.
____________________________
#130 Dec 31 2010 at 12:00 AM Rating: Excellent
*
137 posts
Come out of that cave that was FFXI and see what other games are doing. Add ons are now part of gaming. With SE fans and dev it is like never leaving the 90s. Doing things longer is somehow viewed as challenging. Thank goodness Yoshida realized this and is trying to correct some of the mess.

This is like convincing my parent to use a debit card so many years back. They were scared cause they didn't know any better. But once they started using it their life was more convenient.
#131 Dec 31 2010 at 10:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,046 posts
doubleax wrote:

This is like convincing my parent to use a debit card so many years back. They were scared cause they didn't know any better. But once they started using it their life was more convenient.

And if more of us used a debit, we wouldn't have this whole credit chaos affecting the world economy now would we?

(So I guess I'm indirectly saying that you helped save the world!)

I think the addon debate all boils down to this:

If an addon assists your victory, what good group wouldn't want you with one? More to the point: in an MMO where some players can use them and others cannot: how will this become an issue? Let people games unto themselves, but when their shiny bits and tools become the stuff of reasoned discrimination, we'll have larger fish to fry as a community.
#132 Jan 01 2011 at 2:31 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
Spyrit178 wrote:
There was only one addon responsible for dumbing down wow, that was recount. DBM didn't do much good for some people because they were too busy watching their damage meter. As a tank, omen an was invaluable addon, as well as DBM.

Especially when it came to new raids I wasn't familiar with, DBM helped in that aspact, UI mods would be very nice, as I hate screen clutter. Pitbull and bartender were great addons for customizing UIs, IceHUD was just awesome for DK. If we can leave the damage meters out, we won't head the way of stupid.


I fail to see how a simple damage meters dumbed down WoW or any other game.

You're honestly trying to say that seeing a numerical display of how well you're performing your role as a damage dealing class is dumbing down the game?
#133 Jan 03 2011 at 2:59 AM Rating: Good
*
81 posts
hello just my 2 cents . Chrome TRanslation..
------------------------------------------------------------------

Development organization announced the sudden change
Across the company to regain the confidence to tackle FFXIV

Producer and director FFXIV
Mr. Yoshida Naoki
4Gamer:
 Thank you today. This sudden announcement surprised the new system. Official service has been started in less than three months time, Kina Hiroshi system changes so far, I think unusual announcement said.

Yoshida:

 Sorry for the fuss. But just because three months from now the official service, worthy of the name Final Fantasy MMORPG judged to result in a drastic change, regime change became this.
 The Lodestone of "Makoto Tokoro assertions such as" available for all customers to work together to Square Enix, provide services to satisfy the future, I want to strive more than ever. Today I thank you.

4Gamer:
 May be a strange expression, this decision, as Square Enix FFXIV standing position again, I felt the weight of the numbered titles.

Yoshida:
 Recognition of the most important course content has strongly. Repeat continuously updated, three years, six years, it must be able to fight only the contents of 10 years. Even more, it is "Final Fantasy" from the numbering of the title is that a company-wide recognition for it again.

4Gamer:
 That's why involving the entire company, I have not made the renewal of large-scale structure.

Yoshida:
 Yes. For example, Minagawa (※) until not very long ago, as director of "Wheel of Fortune Tactics" was to develop, "Mr Minagawa, this UI (user interface) asks intensive!" and asked for. Person entrusted with the director of FFXII, UI said they wanted to focus on, but only that Square Enix, FFXIV to be a sign of being serious.
Mr. Minagawa Hiroshi ※, UI Lead Artist and Lead Artist appointed Web Content

Wheel of Fortune Tactics


4Gamer:
 Certainly the announcement, has been involved in FF so far, it has lined faces powerhouse.

Yoshida:
 Well, the title is another to do as I say. However, MMORPG thing is the title we aim to communicate with you in the long term players. To regain trust, and must tackle it aggressively. And at the same time in order to expand globally, the members so much as necessary, FFXIV is that it is a huge title.

4Gamer:
 Structure reform by the way, I thought that was done on the scale of what is far? Perhaps there are too many moving parts and there are no names I think.

Yoshida:
 Just because employees simply adding or replaced, or speaking of work, and as such is not, because you just changed the content of the game does not do so.
 Rather, we need to improve the staff to do one by one, cut the proper milestones, I'll have to solve a problem in the technology area. Listen to the voices of the players on the proper prioritization. As long as you do not, the accuracy can hope for even faster development. It is from there first.
 The update presented ample, and to release 溜Mezu. Voice looking for a player, I will create an environment able to provide what they consider proper repetition.

4Gamer:
 I see. To do so, overlooking the whole environment / should I need to be deployed.

Yoshida:
 Yes. Intention of serving as producer and director I have right there. The one who first made human Ue knows everything and does not want to give it the accuracy of any development.

4Gamer:
 Management rather than apart, I thought that was the intention that the unification plan. Among the strongly felt had played so far, or should I say Chiguhagu feeling, the impression could not be brought together from each one.

Yoshida:
 Staff to talk with anyone, FFXIV to really, I was in terribly power. Again, FFXI has the impression, of course, partly FFXIV of pressure to take that title, but the one containing the human person, and I did not clean and tidy it up though. So, once there, that I'll have to sort out is the stance now.

4Gamer:
 By the way, does this new system has already started full-scale.

Yoshida:
 Yes, already working.

4Gamer:
 In the new structure will start to see the effect, what's about time.

Yoshida:
 I still can not answer questions. This is not just a characteristic of my guts and time and can be served, so that clearly said, that "promise" exact inability is possible to say so. So, in this interview, I think that may not be able to answer, please understand, please. Fine now, if the update is done with development Dekiagare ample, since it has much to offer, but also about a bigger milestone.

4Gamer:
 I understand. But so is the December update, I'm sure the future while focusing on those inherited from the previous regime, wants to tackle. They settled for the effort to come out of the new structure at the front of it now and I was anxious when I become.

Yoshida:
 Well, in about the game, the players that committed to the previous regime, the top priority, and in good condition so as to achieve development / management is to say where. It has also already committed to customers, and fulfill tightly.
 He added the information to organize, in addition Akira Kiwamu technology can cause trouble will be the next step. However, I want future players to interact with you more and more as the beginning, and January 1 and will issue a comment. Since we have put a move, I think you look forward to people to take them there.

4Gamer:

 What a comment on January 1. "New Year ..." or something rather than not.

Yoshida:
 Of course, so is GREETING policy aspirations and what the new regime next year, or what we are trying to expand, I want to do something of that keyword Serve.
 Anyway, in a state that does not fulfill a promise to customers already ahead to the promise of more, I think I do not know. So, did you do well on this year, again on January 1, wants to move this out myself about the future.

4Gamer:
 I understand. Comment on January 1st I want to focus.


If you know the rules, the fun even know
FFXIV need for the "clearness"

4Gamer:
 In, FFXIV will ask you about. Evaluation of the player after the official service, do you feel about Mr. Yoshida.

Yoshida:
 First, this regime change, but at the end of December 11, actually started to play my clients are from it.

4Gamer:
 That is, (late 11) and the first major update, I was not after the interface has been improved than before.

Yoshida:
 Yes. So, the launch of the first reaction is really on you that we do not refuse, I will answer. At launch in the MMORPG, there is an element that must be aligned naturally. However, the hurdle should be aligned with the natural elements of this, right? Risen every year.
 Because, currently, such as FFXI and WoW, because those in the comparison resulting in long-term investment for many years, I have a very high level of the minimum required elements referred to. Therefore, content-rich and sought from the beginning, and natural elements Dattari add any MMORPG not only in Japan but new titles to the land has become a serious condition.
 The content of the end or what is available, but to reach it, or how long it take, that is also very important. FFXIV are asked to play on each element, UI and content rules, terminology, and lead, I think it was such a part of unorganized state, before the fun funny game gotten confusing, and that is.

4Gamer:
 Indeed, before the game is fun about fun, and interface issues, they stopped playing the first part, yet to many people in the evaluation of the game was the impression that the content itself.

Yoshida:
 Dragon Quest in relation to when work will be capped with Mr. Horii Yuuzi, said most of the "fun before, I clarity" was that. In short, you know the rules, you play me, or is it funny, or interesting in that it can not even determine, it does not tell you that clarity should be first priority.
 In particular, MMORPG this "remembering the rules" is a high hurdle. Content is accessible from most initial on it, there are many uncommon words. FFXIV case, there is a concept from the original currency terms and in addition to this. It is also so easy to use UI, and the game itself, is going to be easy to understand, I think would be important.

4Gamer:
 That decision can not be fun unless you know the rules, currently FFXIV certainly seems to say the missing parts. On the other hand, when the announcement of the new system, items for free prolonged "promises to be full service," the word was used. That is, FFXIV I think that refers to a product as part of the quality of services and sufficient, what is assumed to be how much.

Yoshida:
 As you will increase the quality of the product is of course, FFXIV is a work that has already launched. So, as a management service, established a system to properly hear your voice in helping hearing, creating an environment that is able to respond to it.

4Gamer:
 So, now what do we need?

Yoshida:
 For example, on a notice issued in advance, the act of performing a specific version, and I think everyone in the conventions of the player. As I mentioned in a statement Makoto Tokoro, because nature wants to take care of my own promise in helping heard the voice of everybody these contents forever, to implement the promises made in this way, protect them properly Only make a system, we mean that we can provide adequate services.
 Now, we are investigating to sort out what to do to get there. Anyway, now we need to FFXIV, one at a time that will surely keep his promise. Other way to regain your trust it is not considered.




UI is good emulated
FFXIV now is what will change?

4Gamer:
 Then ask about the game itself that FFXIV. Previously, e-mail interview when you ask, FFXIV that as a problem, "UI" "lag," "management / development plan," but it gave the three, please let us know your opinions on these three YOSHIDA .
 First, UI is about November, updated in December, while the trial and error, I think that much better. However, UI can still do much other than it is.

Yoshida:
 Perhaps everyone in the player, only this wide range of points, and will continue to do restructuring, most likely would have been.
 First, I want to point to some extent 絞Ritai. Now you are playing against players of different layers, the earliest to examine the part where you stick a pin point, everyone can hear the voices, and the kitchen to reveal it, one by one I intend to consider the stage of commitment. In particular it will focus on this year.
 The development had been promised an update later this year has already done continuously. Meanwhile, members of the new regime is ready to investigate Kakezuri around. Perhaps the new year around, taking players to communicate more than ever, so I will be able to clear one specific one, please wait it. As is obvious, and promise you everyone will keep their promise. Which promises to be ready, honestly, "do not know yet" answer. The fuel is also important to have a sense of anticipation but now I do not think it should.

4Gamer:
 What was announced, I always come out. The higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment if it did not happen when. While doing that, "If we can not announce that!" I think there may be severe enough to be told.

Yoshida:
 So, is beginning to regain confidence in particular. It is the case in friendships, even how good relationship, but the damage of breaking his promise not I just once Bunyanesque. To repair the relationship, you must always be that serious. Of course, you get used to the extent that it trust relationship, more hopeful, but first I want to talk, by saying it now, when you can achieve that, you can really change the story of will figure out to.

4Gamer:
 Anyway, we serve to restore trust and repeatedly proven player.

Yoshida:
 Yes. I think it is the most important.


November, considerably updated Mon 12 UI was improved. Select a recipe from the past production history, and (left image) or can be 50 percent, and durability with a yellow background is displayed in the item off, convenience and clarity has improved

Item added search capabilities of the retainer in a recent update. And select the items they want inside the entrance of the market ... the head of the retainer ★ Mark the item sells. I was looking for items over several minutes until then (if sold) a few minutes to get it

4Gamer:
 Does it specifically about the UI, "World of Warcraf" (below, WoW) that has been completed so that the UI, but there is, why now (FFXIV's UI) I this? That there were many voices.

Yoshida:
 I myself, FFXIV WoW is understandable that much of the UI provided by default if they wish to think, I think there would have been let Moraubeki study properly. On the first player to reach the itch, the UI that is better not to pursue, and eventually I think the player is. Operation / development but also to play, of course, a priority is to keep making it, it can not play long enough veteran players so it does not physically.
 For example, WoW's UI is a add-on culture. UI we had learned on the basis of a final and I should also add towards. However, this is that WoW is not started, Ultima Online to be, PvP Weapon Swap to perform specialized UI, such as extending it to the player I was before the development.

4Gamer:
 It is detailed. In're right, it's good or bad aside, there certainly long before the culture. It as feedback in-game UI that I think there were being implemented as a stream.

Yoshida:
 WoW's system is supposed to help pull the numbers from the player. Is also the official WoW UI has to offer itself is far too much compared with the initial release have not evolved to pull out internally by the change of the argument, they become much easier to build add-ons, Thus, user-friendly interface to a customized appearance. I wish there is amazing, and more.
 I have, if they have a good reputation, I think part of the emulated such. For example, FPS's "Call of Duty" series しろ, Shiro FPS completely different third-party titles, much the same way the input pad, the best thing there is no need to change. It is that same reason.

4Gamer:
 Aside from the contents of the game, players connect to the game UI, it would be optimal. Only then, controller, game pad is also some evolution, even though the base is the same.

Yoshida:
 The players are familiar with what I do not think should change. The better, but it is easy to understand as a rule. No need to read the manual.

4Gamer:
 That's right even when a keyboard key bindings. EverQuest has been handed down from now if there is a 3D MMORPG based on touch, there is immediate action that can be based.

Yoshida:
 Yes. Default RPG, FPS First there is the default key bindings for what to do from there, if you prepare for each system even after it should be free to choose their own players.

4Gamer:
 For such highly customizable, FFXIV impression that there are not enough. Controllers play, I feel that far.

World of Warcraft. Both the default image UI


Yoshida:
 The main and common PC MMORPG, I think enough for now to compare FFXIV. FFXI Square Enix for the successful experience in the PS2 was rising. So, the culture of playing in the controller, as it is to slide FFXIV. I think I was good and I made it.

4Gamer:
 However, this became the start of the PC.

Yoshida:
 Yes. Development of a PlayStation 3 version, but of course we have never been a reversal as a result is true.

4Gamer:
 People are playing on the controller, who are playing the keyboard, I felt a very different impression. People playing in the controller, while there is to say, but he seems to have enjoyed a decent keyboard, one / I think that a strong voice that many mouse and spicy. From that point, UI is needed in the review? I was thinking.

Yoshida:
 That's why I got into ARMS. I also stick to nature, so the UI, it would probably start to do nothing but watch (laughs). Minagawa itself, UI design is second to none, so that the person is and I would like to improve Bashibashi.

4Gamer:
 Further improvements to the UI / I am looking forward to evolution. Subsequently, the "lag" is about. Point certainly improved compared to the last ones which I have, or be related to the city was divided into two servers, especially where a sync, it seems that another problem.

Yoshida:
 Is around the Tekunikaruishu (trouble), Ataru, and technical issues. The organization cited a recent name change when it also Hashimoto (※) Square Enix that the technologist's banged up, and I tease them all being taken.
 And for development, the development environment I think weapon. For example, even no matter how talented fighters, forced to fight with bamboo spears, the veterans will not be cited decent. A good warrior is to pass it like a powerful weapon like a rocket launcher. Hashimoto's got into, because I want to make a good weapon, supported by technology development. In doing so, think you can solve problems quickly. Since this is a huge task, we are solved over the power of enterprise-wide about it.
Technical Advisor ※, Mr. Hashimoto Yoshihisa (responsible new generation game engine)

4Gamer:
 The increase in the development of stacked look at the code so far, I think quite hard, and he hoped all means.
 The third run of the last / is developing policies, changes in the new structure from the previous regime, there are very interested in what kind of policy change is made.

Yoshida:
 I, the policy itself does not care too much. How to change this policy from earlier was this, that it is not me doing this because I believe this. The calm after looking at the results of the present time, the policy now will be good for A, B and so it could achieve Let's policy, we are thinking when necessary. So rather than do what was transferred from the previous policy regime, and now what to do, and what's important to be considered.

4Gamer:
 In other words, FFXIV is this? Rather than to harden, sometimes depending on the act flexibly / policy ... we decided what would be called.

Yoshida:
 This happens. So, as I said earlier, the time now and other players will earn the trust of our customers is what great policies.

4Gamer:
 Perhaps, I thought this is the best player in the reform, then FFXIV've got to change? I think that he designs.

Yoshida:
 The first one is clearly going to be content to players. FFXIV is contains a lot of content. What the development team poured to the full extent of one's power is turned on you will only amount I had enough product. But focusing too much on their results, it is hard to understand.

4Gamer:
 Is it a feeling that leads to their falling apart?

Yoshida:
 Yes. For each word, but so is the lead in the quest, I think I'll be very important for proper traffic control.
 But everyone of player that lets me continue to play even now, the higher the level, the higher understanding of the game, they learn while helping with other players, that already "Difficulty Rino Waka early" may have passed the may. Such players are likely to end wanted more content. Everyone has been asked to voice over the net, and the character's level, the play time, in fact quite different. Can not be lumped together with the player to say.

4Gamer:
 The progress, of course demand will be different.

Yoshida:
 So, FFXIV going to do and say what a priority update, I think there are two ways. As I mentioned earlier, as early leads, the player clearly, FFXIV first thing to tell. The other is, might respond to expectations of what is ahead if there will be those that add new content.
 But at the same time these two resolve, I am very high risk. So, rather than what change? Now, to hear good first face and voice of the players, if we were going to focus on one, or a good turn, the best addition to or not, I think I think.




There are obvious bugs scattered on every update
The possibility of installing a test server?

4Gamer:
 I understand. By the way, improvements are being carried out so far and server updates, bugs, why? And what they feel to be scattered. I am now QA (Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance), but there is concern that departments are working well.

Yoshida:
 In the framework of Square Enix, considerable power over the QA team is operating. But for everyone, and a tough schedule an appointment, until the last minute development / adjustment relationship was going to physically QA team, the state had not been satisfied and that takes time I think.
 This is when our appointment update properly taken on whether to schedule the validity of the first, I think the problem will be solved in a complex. More players without the pain will make the situation as a matter of course to enjoy the game. Also, it 果Tasere, distributed problems, one by one in there, I want to able to put his hands on high speed.
 MMORPG to play that, especially early service, I've a patch should be a lot more often. First, FFXIV also make such a system, I think the first step to solve every problem.

4Gamer:
 The severity of the schedule, led to the oversight of these bugs ... so far definitely update is proceeded at a rapid pace in the impression that there was considerable. Uhm, FFXIV not limited to, a variety of games that look just because the player, I also realize that failure is precisely because the production environment.
 During an email interview before, start with the question of whether to raise the test server. Among them, about the public test server, if anything, received a negative answer. Now that the new regime was, intentionally, I would like to ask you again, some public test server, and it did make for a limited time and limited balance test What do you think for example?

Yoshida:
 Yes, I think. I have experience of North American MMORPG I played so far, the demand for test servers are going to understand.

4Gamer:
 The North American is a MMORPG, it is obvious that public test server.

Yoshida:
 Yes. Certainly the test server can also connect the 3000 specs, only have 100 daily, you may be talking like that. Someone to test I think is gonna be small. But I, well I think so. The test server is to look at the future of the game is always Toppuhierareruki player in the game and give me feedback for the other player, will play the role of the speaker. It is also for operation and also for development and also for all players, I think it's important. So in my policy and I think that means you want to achieve, the timing is not promised.

4Gamer:
 So you install Arieru test server. In this interview, hear the voice of the player, but the message that came out to talk that much, either one of them is that as well.

Yoshida:
 Well, in a close communication with the players, you'll want to include. In the West after the old VN BOARD (※) and, most recently focusing on the official site of their forums, I can not take a communications Masu Yoshi players and developers.
 However, BBS is best if prepared right and forums, because it's global, what is not ready right now. 急Gitai as much as possible and I intend. Also a test server and be able to develop a solid system to feed back opinions asked, does not make sense even if only to put the test server. So, start with a little more low-layer part. Facilitate communication of this attitude, I think that you check the first comment from a new year.
※ IGN huge international media forum operated by the "Vault Network Board"

4Gamer:
 By the way, since the update in November, slightly lower spec PC, but less comfortable with the settings even if you say, in the frame rate was the level you feel like play. However, when the lowest quality, but it is pretty hard graphics. In particular, through the character's name is out, you know at all. But it is rather, I think it would change if there is another for the low-resolution graphics, can play in spreading layer, but also I think.

Yoshida:
 Sure, you get a chance 増Yaseru how touched I think it's important Eoruzea. PS3 version to satisfy high-quality ones, but now postponed, even for low spec PC at the same time, we need careful discussion. However, it is of course, "Final Fantasy" is that we keep a minimum quality.
 For example, to re-create the rendering engine from now, WoW where according to the level of graphics as it will just been told what quality of Final Fantasy, on the contrary WoW abandoned property in the world, FFXIV moved enough to give up, it looks rather attractive and I think it is different.
 Again, I have never experienced before, in life and in the game, I think it does not migrate from the world adventure, the line will not lose their identities and where do I think.

4Gamer:
 Of course, now I think FF guess quality is important. However, work is quite tough so far, but now work reasonably PC, but it is a low-resolution graphics and a waste I think.

Yoshida:
 You have received a request seriously. What extent the optimization, what level do today, PS3 will consider a renovation in anticipation of Ue version. As you said, the good thing it is not just lowering the resolution. All you really need what is the allocation of time and people will have to do it exactly, I have no choice but to solve one by one. However, lower resolution, even the name tag crushed out of sight! Like, the only response 付Ke焼刃 I want to stop.

4Gamer:
 PS3 just because I want to ask about the version of Deta, the announcement of the new system, "rather than simply transplanting, even better," was written on, what are you thinking of how things .

Yoshida:
 This is just the spokesperson said that, UI problems, etc., does not go one by one to fix it now while carrying a simple problem of not transplanted, after all, the players are concerned with the PC version now something that, as it also listed the PS3 version will.
 Rather, their repair is made, the player everyone in satisfactory condition, in the same environment 遊Beta better, I think you would be good for anything else. Also for the credibility of Square Enix, we have postponed decisions would far better that way. Why is not the release date and rather uncertain, this is also my personality came from. Now is the time commitment can not be. Hazime Yui I can promise is that we are not giving up, make sure the PS3 version out, just that.



Naoki Yoshida became a producer and director
Ending Girls of online gamers were

4Gamer:
 In I want to ask you about Yoshida. Yoshida past, "Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road", but it was responsible for the series, MMORPG online games to start with, that there is somehow involved?

Yoshida:
 Yes, some development experience. However, if anything, more like long experience as an online game players. 13-year history of the play is about (laughs).

4Gamer:
 MMORPG but I just thought I'll let history be played, or give us a little more 願Emasu.

Yoshida:
 My first "Diablo" for about a year, and then "Ultima Online" Two and a half years, during which "Unreal Tournament" and also was playing FPS. FPS is still itself. Then, "Diablo II" expansion pack to the "Lord of Destruction", including playing a half years, followed by "Dark Age of Camelot" I was playing a round six years. Of course, "Ever Quest" and "WoW (World of Warcraft)" I was playing well.

4Gamer:
 I think I say rude surprise, but I was pretty seasoned into online gamers. Nevertheless, the same way as many people hooked on online gaming at the time, it is beautiful to follow. I also have people that say it.

Yoshida:
 Yes (laughs). After moving to Square Enix in 2004, video game consoles and such PS3/Xbox 360, HD offer that there was a mainstay for us to develop aircraft. Doing more to develop PC based arcades, but now ドラゴンクエストモンスターバトルロードシリーズ, but work has become in the ostensible representatives of Square Enix, upcoming work, what my name is credited to There.

4Gamer:
 I see. But the mind works, I hope there is a presentation.

Yoshida:
 Returning to play towards the calendar, I decided to develop the game Then the consumer, and MMORPG game in the consumer and the technology used is completely different. The question then becomes, to the stoic nature of my topic ... (laughs). MMORPG and start doing, but it is I would not stop. To play for hours in cold blood, pull out the formula to start making their own sites to gather parameters ... Then there is also a pull on the necessary technology and knowledge that make the game in my nature will be. So, the consumer game machine in development of the current generation in particular, the sputtering was cut off there MMO.

4Gamer:
 Impact on game development as a consumer, MMO Is not been stopped. In the recent situation on the MMORPG, or even what you know.

Yoshida:
 As I said originally to have development experience, I had to work some online system, which launched on basically MMORPG will always investigate. For example, "Tower of AION" This is true also, as one trend I have seen. And rather, it is closer to the hobby, but (laughs).
 That should be it, MMORPG's are so anxious to know the people ... and that's 4Gamer want to ask, but I'm probably about WoW, I think you'll know how much. I do not it? (Laughs)

4Gamer:
 Again, the world's most successful MMORPG to it, on the future thinking of FFXIV really, I'd love to hear it.

Yoshida:
 WoW For the three months to play in the sense that the launch had to dive to do. I think even if it helped or at most three months. So, WoW is familiar with the situation at the time of launch. For example, the server is much like falling. Something in Korea, as well as a game server, I watched in real time to all the fan sites are down (laughs). Why I had to say three months, which I mentioned earlier, my work is because overlap completely when the game was more sought after consumers.

4Gamer:
 Just in time, MMO I did not cut off.

Yoshida:
 We know that if that happens, that would have continued anyway (laughs). However, MMORPG has even refused to play, and WoW in-house people that play MMORPG is so heavy, MMO was a good exchange of information as a companion.

4Gamer:
 MMO So I recently purchased was not even information.

Yoshida:
 Yes. So while not playing a MMORPG, WoW was in on the goodness of 聞Ki及N. Of course, now for me, the biggest job is to understand FFXIV played out with all clients at the same time as the most frequent number of MMORPG players, WoW is what's going on right now that the content benefits / need to properly understand the disadvantage is that I also do not. Of course, Dungeon Finder mechanism and, Raid something the current situation of the core players to help me, I already views will to study.

4Gamer:
 In about a recent situation that I know well. However, only this core of Western that it also was playing a MMORPG, MMORPG games and the difference between the consumer is likely to be considered just. For Mr. Yoshida and MMORPG, the difference between what games do you think the consumer.

Yoshida:
 I, MMORPG and the "theme park" has the idea that.

4Gamer:
 What is a theme park. Please tell me specifically.

Yoshida:
 For example, a consumer game, "the world long distance" Deattari roller coaster "scary world" or even a haunted house and is like a specific attraction. Visitor attractions can be called one. One MMORPG is a typical roller coaster, as well as various vehicles and it feels like a theme park that incorporated many attractions.



4Gamer:
 Even with making the same game genre, the approach is going to be very different. In the park ... ... MMORPG Yoshida Ue continue to develop in, or what I think 心Gaketai?

Yoshida:
 Where even a theme park, roller coasters, and coffee cups, carousel, equipped with common content and haunted house.
 From there, if you to make a Disney Cinderella Castle, but whether to make a Toontown, if Q Highland in horror and so you make the best scary haunted house maze, each subject It's not the right attraction arranged by the Park. That is a difference. MMORPG in the same, there are basic first, there is a theme From there, the content-many attractions, I want to take care that we head over there.

4Gamer:
 That is, as has already told Itadai, first of all, that I make fundamental part firmly.

Yoshida:
 Again, the theme park opening Notes is useless to do first to prepare the course content. MMORPG, you need to think, especially the economy. In other words, make sure that the premise is balanced production and consumption and extraction. I opened MMORPG in helping to develop, we would want to watch it.

4Gamer:
 Economic Sure, money and items that are present in the flow of it is very important.

Yoshida:
 Yes. For example, fighting a battle that is consuming the item as well as a place, there is a drop from monsters, where we also involved in the collection. The objects that can be taken in conjunction with the From field to produce an item Crafter. We also consume them in combat. And the economy is not functioning properly in this stream, you can not keep their players motivated. So, with an emphasis there, I would continue to place content.

4Gamer:
 This last thought I want to hear, for Mr. Yoshida "Final Fantasy" games and what you do.

Yoshida:
 It is a difficult question (laughs). There are also different FF staff are making every series, there are as many FF creator. For every one player can think Probably not. For example, FF like? When asked, FF's "number" I'll answer you like. So, the answer will be different for some people. However, common to say that "the world of Final Fantasy" and that I would be in Hama. FF, so the idea has been advanced in the new world we always do what you enjoy now that Eoruzea world, will be presented to them, FF would be evidence of a series.

4Gamer:
 By the way, FF Yoshida Which do you prefer?

Yoshida:
 FFVII I right? That powerful feeling closer to the MMO. The main story and mini until the lead character, I feel tremendous buildup of forces. North America and even Europe to talk with people, I'm saying is that the impact will never forget. Powerful content such fine and made it into the Ikere Eoruzea, FFXIV MMORPG but I want to build a strong position as a.

4Gamer:
 On the other hand, FFXIV is still a world, mostly I feel that FF can not feel. The name and the magic is definitely a FF throughout, even when Chocobo, then so is the airship. Still, FF do not have that feeling that you get.

Yoshida:
 Maybe the players to hear about FF ness, might Meteor, might be ... they have the airship Chocobo, the Chocobo will ride it I think. I will talk about why earlier. Customers usually even get any play, and that requires minimal preparation.
 FF as a minimum, what has become a common language, of course, want to properly reflect the content though. And those other tasks, or which is high priority, and we are thinking right now.

4Gamer:
 First, but it is a destination that is already committed to.

Yoshida:
 Yes, especially this year is likely.

4Gamer:
 By the way, Christmas was now ... Well, like I've become a star awn festival events. In the future, in which it will do in the excitement I think these events?

Yoshida:
 Yes, I think I love the event. I'm MMORPG services. It is unlikely I'll hear your voice services. We also have fun, fun players. Because we were enjoying, they're also enjoying the player. In order to properly make such a relationship, in-game events are important because they think, we hope to expand aggressively.




4Gamer:
 In the 3D MMORPG based, and what would a series of seasonal events, but I think really, what what is deployed.

Yoshida:
 Say there is still more, and the fun (laughs).

4Gamer:
 Or are already available with the way?

Yoshida:
 It is too early to tell. Cost control and a neat thing to make costing, a cleanup on it, and I just want to talk more in the future too.
 Now, since the new regime immediately after the player's future expectations for FFXIV think it is high. However, the Internet and has calmly analyze the community and let cool to see that we do now, the player is feeling like me to take it.
 In this state, they just told me the future, become more and more time can be achieved after that, I think that now more than ever a strong sense of disappointment. I told many regime changes, and can not not do anything. So I'm not good. Of course, it can become a system that's ahead of where we want to be talking about two years and is.
 So, you can prepare properly first. With confidence and continue to do this and do this every quarter, and then, after one year, so now I want to say this, I think that above all can make the system first.

4Gamer:
 I understand. In, 4Gamer thank you to reader comments.

Yoshida:
 More than ever, FFXIV the 4Gamer's (reviews) and Ue are absorbed Itadai Intention to feedback, we believe that it is this, I would like to take proper communication. In that respect, what do we have to move or make presentations of what I think is nice if you pay attention to all means. First, MMORPG as a matter of course, one by one, step by step, I continue to go while keeping the promise. And the future is stronger, so I want to take a proactive communication with you, come now, "FINAL FANTASY XIV" a thank you!





 MMORPG just told me his enthusiasm for Yoshida. He is so, FFXIV How will they do with the lead, I'd personally interesting. By the way, he knew the phrase in my own game (or rather, at the meeting surprised to know ...) so that and the stoic, MMORPG to be satisfied with the knowledge.

 Of course, MMORPG like, if you into doing, would not it interesting MMORPG If anything can make. However, Mr. Yoshida will be multiplied by the high expectations from the players is no doubt, does not go so far demonstrate that the knowledge of MMORPG, FFXIV hope also that we want to be reborn.

 Every single word came out that Yoshida's story has, in fact, often be obvious. FFXIV before the contents of some large, natural environment that is made, it can not, now that would be connected to the evaluation of the obvious.
 Of course, just because it turned into a new structure, one day a week in a month, would not feel the change. Now is not the long span, the watch movement, and dialogue (feedback), but we need to continue to be for the future. First, a move likely to be the first one, I want to comment that comes into focus in January.

Edited, Jan 3rd 2011 4:05am by LauroS
____________________________

1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (30)