Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Dear Dev Team..Follow

#1 Jan 05 2011 at 9:23 AM Rating: Sub-Default
Please make combat more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtA1jSreK84&feature=fvw
#2 Jan 05 2011 at 10:02 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Because doctored up hype trailers are always good indications of actual game-play come release. /sarcasm.

On topic, Final Fantasy has historically been more about strategy and planning, not quick reflexes or "combos". FFXIV doesn't need to turn into an arcade style battle system, there are plenty of those games already.
#3 Jan 05 2011 at 10:03 AM Rating: Decent
*
69 posts
Ncsoft? no thanks.

I am going to play FFXIV and Tera at the same time,the combat in Tera looks awesome,but im sure that when FFXIV is fully finished it will be one of the best mmorpgs of all time.
____________________________


#4 Jan 05 2011 at 10:09 AM Rating: Decent
*
214 posts
Quote:
Because doctored up hype trailers are always good indications of actual game-play come release. /sarcasm.


I've been following Blade and Soul a bit and the actual gameplay footage looks really fun also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnKHMT--XKs&feature=related (sorry bout the quality not being that great, but that boss battle seems pretty cool)

I am definitely going to try it. I mean, who doesn't think wall jumping is awesome haha...

I'm gonna stick with FFXIV though ultimately, because yeah, I also believe it has amazing potential and I've always been a fan of the final fantasy series.

Edited, Jan 5th 2011 11:11am by ShockTopMagic
____________________________

#5 Jan 05 2011 at 10:10 AM Rating: Default
***
1,608 posts
ncsoft or not, I swore I saw someone riding a turtle. That's awesome.
____________________________

#6 Jan 05 2011 at 10:11 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
LyleVertigo wrote:
ncsoft or not, I swore I saw someone riding a turtle. That's awesome.


Choo, back to Wow you evil one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#7 Jan 05 2011 at 10:37 AM Rating: Default
47 posts
That tekken + mmo lol
#8 Jan 05 2011 at 10:44 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
278 posts
Why did the PVE look so hyper fast an A.D.D., while the PVP looked more sluggish than FFXIV? Is there no in between?

Edited, Jan 5th 2011 11:48am by Wloire
#9 Jan 05 2011 at 10:44 AM Rating: Good
**
429 posts
More panty shots in that video than any porno I've ever seen.
#10 Jan 05 2011 at 11:04 AM Rating: Excellent
*
54 posts
GreenJacketMafia wrote:
Please make combat more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtA1jSreK84&feature=fvw



No.
____________________________

#11 Jan 05 2011 at 11:04 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
182 posts
So wheres the MMO aspect of this game.. i didnt see a single battle with more than one person in it. There was PVP.. but as someone said.. that looks more like Tekken or Soul Calibur than a MMO
____________________________
#12 Jan 05 2011 at 11:42 AM Rating: Excellent
**
793 posts
Quote:
More panty shots in that video than any porno I've ever seen.


As most of the **** I've seen does not involve panties, I humbly disagree. However, your point is still well taken.

Edited, Jan 5th 2011 11:42am by Onionthiefx
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#13 Jan 05 2011 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
331 posts
How do these girls actually fight when they're so heavy on the bust size compared to the rest of their bodies hahaha

All jokes aside, I don't really think this fits the style of FFXIV. I get a old style fantasy setting vibe with this game due to the clothing and level design of the areas. Even the WS look classy.

The fighting style in that movie seems much more "brutal" and wouldn't fit imo.
____________________________
Maera, Mithra on Cerberus

#14 Jan 05 2011 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
ShockTopMagic wrote:
Quote:
Because doctored up hype trailers are always good indications of actual game-play come release. /sarcasm.


I've been following Blade and Soul a bit and the actual gameplay footage looks really fun also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnKHMT--XKs&feature=related


Is there any elemental stat correlation in that game? Because the guy was using fireballs on a mob base on.....fire. >.>

And yeah, every female char in that game has a cup no less than D.
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#15 Jan 05 2011 at 12:49 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Final Fantasy games don't generally play like the battles seen in that game anyway.

Well, except XIII, but that wouldn't really work for a MMO situation anyway.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#16 Jan 05 2011 at 2:09 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
Hugus wrote:
LyleVertigo wrote:
ncsoft or not, I swore I saw someone riding a turtle. That's awesome.


Choo, back to Wow you evil one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Never played WoW, but if they had a turtle to ride then no wonder it was a success!
____________________________

#17 Jan 05 2011 at 3:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
194 posts
Quote:
Never played WoW, but if they had a turtle to ride then no wonder it was a success!


Hilarious +3; you sir are a delight!





#18 Jan 05 2011 at 4:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
Actually, this could be quite dangerous for FFXIV's status as the "only" worldwide console MMO (there's actually already over half a dozen MMORPGS for the PS3 in the east) since according to various news outlets...


"It has also been confirmed that a console version of Blade & Soul and Guild Wars 2 are also under steady development alongside the PC version. Until now there has only been speculation about a possible console version of the title, stemming from the exclusivity deal NCsoft made with Sony regarding new IPs."

Especially considering the fact that the console version of XIV has been pushed back to an unknown date.
Yeah, I know about DC universe Online, but its a western MMO. Blade and Soul and GW2 will be worldwide MMORPGS just like FFXIV.
I guess FFXIV will still be able to call itself the only cross-platform multilingual MMORPG?

Of course, Blade and Soul is nothing more than yet another flashy game (pun intended there) at this point in time. The real danger lies in Guild Wars 2..a game made by the people who originally designed wildly successful games that gave birth to the current genre of MMO, even if the lore was stolen from others.
I'm talking about Arenanet. The guys at Arenanet are the people who made both the Diablo and Warcraft series (Including the original designing of World of Warcraft) but left Blizzard when the people in charge of the company sold their soul ( or at least the lion's share of their stock) to Vivendi. Of course, they don't have the copy-paste lore writer anymore. Metzen stayed with Blizzard and cannot even remember what he wrote.







Edited, Jan 5th 2011 4:44pm by Uryuu
#19 Jan 05 2011 at 4:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Gobbie panty shots. Smiley: lol
____________________________





#20wrongfeifong, Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 4:59 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You guys have absolutely no idea what NCsoft is really.
#21 Jan 05 2011 at 5:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
No, make combat like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ0EJdhR43Q

Swap Warhound Titan with Bahamut/Battleship in the intro
Swap Predators/Land Raider with Chocobo riders
Swap Thunderhawk with Airship
Swap Heretics with Coblyn

Oh shi-

Edited, Jan 5th 2011 6:06pm by Khornette
____________________________




#22 Jan 05 2011 at 5:24 PM Rating: Default
No, make combat like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDLGHTOralA
#23 Jan 05 2011 at 6:37 PM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
GreenJacketMafia wrote:
Please make combat more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtA1jSreK84&feature=fvw

I must say that i don't like this, i mean i would not like to see combat like that in 14 Oo

Edited, Jan 5th 2011 7:39pm by EmiyaShirou
#24 Jan 06 2011 at 3:30 AM Rating: Decent
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Heero1447, Anonymous Guests (23)