Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

I don't get the SP reward systemFollow

#1 Jan 05 2011 at 3:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
74 posts
So due to awkard playtimes for me this week, I decided to solo my battle LQs. Now I keep hearing things about leve linking for tons of SP, but my LS is too far ahead of me to get good SP. I'm currently 24 THM while they're all 30-40s. I went with them a couple times but I was only getting about 40 SP a kill and I decided it wasn't worth my time.

I decided I would try rank 30 LQs, on one star to see if I could do them, and I ended up getting around 110SP a kill with a little difficulty. I did some rank 20s on 3 star, and some gave me around 175 a kill, some gave me 250 a kill, and they were much easier. I decided rank 30s weren't worth my time. So next LQ reset, I did 6 rank 20s, and said, I'm going to skull valley anyway, let's see what a rank 10 5 star gives me. So I picked up a decent one, and I was getting 175 SP a kill, and these were much easier than the rank 20s were, but with less mobs on average to kill.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not a fan of how this SP is being given out. It feels like they're giving me reason to not do things that would challenge me.

Is there any guide, or any gathered information on what LQs will give you better SP? Any information on how SP is decided?

Edited, Jan 5th 2011 4:36pm by Oinari
#2 Jan 05 2011 at 3:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Dunno if there's a guide but i'll chime in here, I sometimes tweak difficulty mid leve depending on mobs we're killing. For example, I can't remember the name of the leve but its the one at Horizon that has you killing Assassins, Wisps and Imps. I know I need to kill wisps to get the powder to detect the Imps, and wisps are easy to kill so I pump up the difficulty to 4 stars, kill all the wisps, maximize SP on them and then change difficulty to 3 stars so i can take on the assassins before killing the Imps last. That's my strategy for some leves.
____________________________
MUTED
#3 Jan 05 2011 at 3:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
74 posts
Quote:
Dunno if there's a guide but i'll chime in here, I sometimes tweak difficulty mid leve depending on mobs we're killing. For example, I can't remember the name of the leve but its the one at Horizon that has you killing Assassins, Wisps and Imps. I know I need to kill wisps to get the powder to detect the Imps, and wisps are easy to kill so I pump up the difficulty to 4 stars, kill all the wisps, maximize SP on them and then change difficulty to 3 stars so i can take on the assassins before killing the Imps last. That's my strategy for some leves.


I did this today with a bloodshore LQ escaping cell B17 or something. Wisps at 4 stars were 303 SP, then down to 3 stars for imps and dodos for 254 SP. I don't know if it was really worth my time though. I probably could have solod random mobs to make the difference in all the walking around.

I really want to know what the better LQs are. Like the 11 dodo one at bloodshore is nice. Escaping from cell B17 is nice as well. The tougher mobs like the human ones at bloodshore wren't as good because I had to lower the stars down to two. Does anyone have their own preferences?
#4 Jan 06 2011 at 7:07 AM Rating: Decent
47 posts
wow didnt know this! thanks.

Now i have to go back and get some low levequest now!

:D
#6 Jan 06 2011 at 8:25 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,705 posts
eveasbcc wrote:
EGRich is a Great website, decent prices on the gold, and very reliable and dependable. I have made many purchases of gold from them, each time i received the gold within a few hours, and out of all the times i bought gold from them, only had one problem. Two days after making a purchase, gold didn’t come in, contacted their support thing, forwarded the email, and within the hour i got my gold, plus extra for their messing up. They also offer other services like power Leveling, and farming services for honor, reputation, and professions, but i have never tried these, so not sure if they are good or not.
But, fast gold & really dependable & decent price!


Not decent enough.
____________________________

#7 Jan 06 2011 at 8:30 AM Rating: Decent
Comment is obsolete since the Admin deleted aforementioned post. Just the random quote left above my comment to get rid of. lol

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 8:55pm by StateAlchemist2
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#8 Jan 06 2011 at 8:55 AM Rating: Default
***
1,608 posts
SP isn't broken.
____________________________

#9 Jan 06 2011 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
Find a group around your rank, then try the same thing. Link as many leves as possible, up to four links at a time. Save guardians aspect for leves with max links. Make sure to break for behests at the top of every hour. You'll catch up to your friends in no time.

Two nights ago, I got 625 SP per kill on a leve with 4 links and guardians aspect on. I got over 5k total SP on a single leve.


Edited, Jan 6th 2011 10:05am by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#10 Jan 06 2011 at 12:12 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
73 posts
Necrologos: Lightsome Verdure- Rank: 30, Location: Cedarwood
Necrologos: Inferno- Rank 30, Location: Cassiopea Hollow
Necrologos: Levinshower- Rank 30, Location: Nophica's Wells

All 3 of these levequests can be done in just about any size group of 20+ players(even though low 20's may have a rough time of it.) If you link these leves and raise the difficulty to 3-5 stars and get a little lucky; these leves alone can net a player up to 25k SP. The group that I leve with, will only grab these leves leaving all others because they don't quite measure up to the SP output of the aforementioned leves. My point is that if one takes the time to investigate and assess the SP output of certain leves,one will find that there are options out there that allows one to maximize one's SP gain. I know the OP is a rank 24 THM, but even at that rank it is possible to solo these leves on one star. mix these leves in with behests every hour and you can easily gain 30-40k in a few hours with no real break in the action (cept for traveling of course :/)

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 1:15pm by moemoe

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 1:15pm by moemoe

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 1:17pm by moemoe
____________________________




#11 Jan 06 2011 at 12:19 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
LyleVertigo wrote:
SP isn't broken.


Wow, what a useful comment! I'm also curious as to where ANYONE in this thread said that SP was broken. If you have absolutely nothing to add, why are you even posting?

To Moemoe: My LS avoids Lightsome Verdure like the plague just because all the gnats are spaced so far apart. If we up the difficulty enough, does it actually become worth doing to run all around for it? It's the same w/ Adamantine Wills in Nanawa... yes the sp rewards per mob are very good, but is it worth all that time running back and forth? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 1:20pm by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#12 Jan 06 2011 at 12:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
73 posts
BartelX wrote:
LyleVertigo wrote:
SP isn't broken.


To Moemoe: My LS avoids Lightsome Verdure like the plague just because all the gnats are spaced so far apart. If we up the difficulty enough, does it actually become worth doing to run all around for it? It's the same w/ Adamantine Wills in Nanawa... yes the sp rewards per mob are very good, but is it worth all that time running back and forth? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 1:20pm by BartelX


To fully answer your question I would have to know what size group you do the leve with and what settings you use. But from my experience, a group of four rank 30ish players can net about 6-8k SP, depending on how fast the pages drop from the mobs. So; is it worth it to run back and forth to track down the mobs? Yes! On the Lightsome Verdure leve the distance between the mobs is no longer than 30 seconds apart, and considering that leves are timed to a half hour, this really doesn't make much of a difference. I would like to add that these leves are so productive that my group still does them even though we have easy access to rank 40 camps. These leves tend to give us more SP than any of the rank 40 leves that we've found so far.

I should also mention that my group always does these leves on 5 star difficulty(from mid-30's on), linked with at least 3 ppl, and with Gaurdian's Aspect on.

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 1:43pm by moemoe
____________________________




#13 Jan 06 2011 at 1:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
322 posts
Pretty sure they'll fix it soon.

The problem here is the diminishing returns for fighting mobs higher level than you are kicking in way too early making the very thought of fighting higher level mobs undesirable.

____________________________


#14 Jan 06 2011 at 7:43 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
moemoe wrote:
BartelX wrote:
LyleVertigo wrote:
SP isn't broken.


To Moemoe: My LS avoids Lightsome Verdure like the plague just because all the gnats are spaced so far apart. If we up the difficulty enough, does it actually become worth doing to run all around for it? It's the same w/ Adamantine Wills in Nanawa... yes the sp rewards per mob are very good, but is it worth all that time running back and forth? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 1:20pm by BartelX


To fully answer your question I would have to know what size group you do the leve with and what settings you use. But from my experience, a group of four rank 30ish players can net about 6-8k SP, depending on how fast the pages drop from the mobs. So; is it worth it to run back and forth to track down the mobs? Yes! On the Lightsome Verdure leve the distance between the mobs is no longer than 30 seconds apart, and considering that leves are timed to a half hour, this really doesn't make much of a difference. I would like to add that these leves are so productive that my group still does them even though we have easy access to rank 40 camps. These leves tend to give us more SP than any of the rank 40 leves that we've found so far.

I should also mention that my group always does these leves on 5 star difficulty(from mid-30's on), linked with at least 3 ppl, and with Gaurdian's Aspect on.


Group size varies, but usually anywhere from 5-10. We normally don't do 5 star leves because we usually get trounced by stuff, but a few of us are mid-30's now so perhaps we will have to revisit this one.

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 9:18pm by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#15 Jan 07 2011 at 12:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
73 posts
BartelX wrote:
moemoe wrote:
BartelX wrote:
LyleVertigo wrote:
SP isn't broken.


To Moemoe: My LS avoids Lightsome Verdure like the plague just because all the gnats are spaced so far apart. If we up the difficulty enough, does it actually become worth doing to run all around for it? It's the same w/ Adamantine Wills in Nanawa... yes the sp rewards per mob are very good, but is it worth all that time running back and forth? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 1:20pm by BartelX


To fully answer your question I would have to know what size group you do the leve with and what settings you use. But from my experience, a group of four rank 30ish players can net about 6-8k SP, depending on how fast the pages drop from the mobs. So; is it worth it to run back and forth to track down the mobs? Yes! On the Lightsome Verdure leve the distance between the mobs is no longer than 30 seconds apart, and considering that leves are timed to a half hour, this really doesn't make much of a difference. I would like to add that these leves are so productive that my group still does them even though we have easy access to rank 40 camps. These leves tend to give us more SP than any of the rank 40 leves that we've found so far.

I should also mention that my group always does these leves on 5 star difficulty(from mid-30's on), linked with at least 3 ppl, and with Gaurdian's Aspect on.


Group size varies, but usually anywhere from 5-10. We normally don't do 5 star leves because we usually get trounced by stuff, but a few of us are mid-30's now so perhaps we will have to revisit this one.

Edited, Jan 6th 2011 9:18pm by BartelX

A quick update: I did all 3 of these leves today and they broke down as follows:
Party = 5 ppl (MRD 44, MRD42, LNC 42, GLA 39, CON 38)
Difficulty = 5 stars for all 3
GA = on for all 3
Lightsome: only 1 link so only about 3k sp
Inferno: 3 links, 8k sp
Levinshower: 3 links, 11k sp

So, as you can see, it is well worth it to run back and forth for the mobs in these leves because more mobs = more sp.
P.S. these numbers were for me, the 39 GLA, and I was in bonus the whole time.
____________________________




This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)