Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

R30 BehestFollow

#1 Jan 11 2011 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
Fellow adventurers,

An Appeal,

Please for the love of all that is good in the world can the majority of players abandon Nanawa mines as the preferred location for Rank 30 Behests. It is a complete mess, tons of agro and AoE nightmares. I have done smaller Behest in Cedarwood and Nophica wells which are much more friendly locations to kill hoards of monsters. I dont know about other locations but by all accounts Nanawa mines is the worst. So why does everyone go there?

Is this just a problem on my server? Where do people go on your respective servers?

I will probably fail in my appeal but hey, I've got to try.

Peace
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#2 Jan 11 2011 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
Metin wrote:
So why does everyone go there?

To play Coblyn Fantasy XIV of course, Although yes Nanawa is one of the ********* locations I have done Behests in.
____________________________
[quote]Capitalism Ho, ******************************************************************************** in /K/ where /K/lik is the new spam.[/url][/b]
Try out Eve free for a few weeks :D
#3 Jan 11 2011 at 3:47 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*****
12,707 posts
Most popular, so people spread it around and everyone does it there even if another spot is better. It was like this in FFXI too, despite colibris at the leypoint being taken they'll either resort to camping on people because its the spot or not party at all.



thank you shinryu for abyssea.
____________________________

#4 Jan 11 2011 at 3:54 PM Rating: Good
*
178 posts
On my server Nanawa and Nophisca wells are both heavily camped level 30 behests. As are BW and Halatali for level 40s. For whatever reason, Uldah seems to be the place to be in this game (at least on my server) so these camps are naturally crowded during prime time.

Personally I like treespeak behest the best for level 40s. The efts you kill along the way give very nice sp.
#5 Jan 11 2011 at 4:17 PM Rating: Decent
**
395 posts
lightacadi wrote:
On my server Nanawa and Nophisca wells are both heavily camped level 30 behests. As are BW and Halatali for level 40s. For whatever reason, Uldah seems to be the place to be in this game (at least on my server) so these camps are naturally crowded during prime time.

Personally I like treespeak behest the best for level 40s. The efts you kill along the way give very nice sp.

Ul'dah is the capitol city (now). Everything goes around it (of course the city is a circle so thats not hard is it)
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#6 Jan 11 2011 at 4:25 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
If you don't want to do behest at Nanawa - don't. If it is as popular as you say it is then you'll save yourself the trouble of having to fight for a spot.

I actually go out of my way to never go to Nanawa cause I don't like the zone. Give me Cedarwood, Nophica's, Humblehearth or Cassie Hollow. Cellars/Nanawa ((No Thanks))
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#7 Jan 12 2011 at 10:06 AM Rating: Decent
48 posts
I hate the Mines. Can't stand them. I usually run behests at the Wells...and it's never terribly busy. I don't think I've ever had to fight to get into a r30 behest there.
____________________________


#8 Jan 12 2011 at 11:44 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
235 posts
Cedarwood is by far the most popular 30 behest on Fabul. Bloodshore is also the most popular 20 behest. Uldah seems to be our most populated city but the LL region is by far the more popular place for leves and behest.
____________________________


#9 Jan 12 2011 at 12:03 PM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
Eadieni wrote:
lightacadi wrote:
On my server Nanawa and Nophisca wells are both heavily camped level 30 behests. As are BW and Halatali for level 40s. For whatever reason, Uldah seems to be the place to be in this game (at least on my server) so these camps are naturally crowded during prime time.

Personally I like treespeak behest the best for level 40s. The efts you kill along the way give very nice sp.

Ul'dah is the capitol city (now). Everything goes around it (of course the city is a circle so thats not hard is it)


Capital city of Coblyns you mean, everyone is in Ul'dah area and camping these behests because there is a coblyn camp nearby. Until cobies no longer are the end all be all of SP not in leves in this game, any camp that has cobies near by will packed.
#10 Jan 12 2011 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
**
618 posts
I don't see it as a problem in the mines doing Behest. Lots of aggro..... from the area's ya go into only a small fraction is a possible aggro. With a pty you can kill all the aggro anyways. As far as aoe nightmare, people need to learn when to us aoe spells/ws and when not to.

On my server for all the r30 behest with exception of ones in grid... its a matter of camping the HNM (Battle Warden) just to get into it.
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#11 Jan 12 2011 at 3:35 PM Rating: Good
SillyHawk wrote:
I don't see it as a problem in the mines doing Behest. Lots of aggro..... from the area's ya go into only a small fraction is a possible aggro. With a pty you can kill all the aggro anyways. As far as aoe nightmare, people need to learn when to us aoe spells/ws and when not to.

On my server for all the r30 behest with exception of ones in grid... its a matter of camping the HNM (Battle Warden) just to get into it.


Except Humblehearth. It's always so quiet there. Just me and a well dressed Miqo'te...
____________________________
#12 Jan 12 2011 at 4:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
88 posts
What's the suggested rank for switching to R40 behests or at what rank can you solo one?
#13 Jan 12 2011 at 11:07 PM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
youthcom wrote:
What's the suggested rank for switching to R40 behests or at what rank can you solo one?


I do ok as r38 PUG, I set Pro/shell/cure2/sac/shock spikes/stigen

you can survive as long as you get clean pulls and take time between pulls to heal. but good luck finding a r40 behest with no one else, there is always a few ppl there.
#14 Jan 13 2011 at 12:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts

From my experience, Nanawa, Cedarwood, and Wells are about equally popular on Gysahl.

Nanawa is close to Uldah, so that's one reason. Cedarwood and Wells have some good leves so people tend to hang around there.

____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)