Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
This Forum is Read Only

Enough is enoughFollow

#1 Jan 12 2011 at 5:23 PM Rating: Good
Attention: Everyone here who is just posting negative/whiny/pessimistic/pain-in-the-rear responses to an Emergency Maintenance notes thread

I, as well as most people here, have to listen to negative/whiny/pessimistic/pain-in-the-rear garbage from people 40 hours a week at a place called work. When I log onto ZAM, it's to connect with friends, research some in-game items or quests, and relax while having a good time. That is the purpose of this place, not for you to lead some crusade about a game you claim to despise, yet still play or at least post about constantly. If you really hate this game so much that you have to rant about a MAINTENANCE THREAD, do yourself, the rest of us, ZAM, and FFXIV a favor and just quit. You'll be happier, we will be happier, and FFXIV will be a better place.

It doesn't matter how many bugs there are/aren't or how much content is enough content. If you find some friends, find something you can do together in this game that is available, and make a good time of it. I recently have been duoing with a LS-mate, and everything hasn't gone perfectly, we haven't gotten 30k (or even 10k) exp per hour, and I die on the last mob of almost every single behest/leve. It has been a blast, not because my circumstances were perfect, but because of the friend I have made and the fact that I'm having a great time enjoying their company. If you can find that here, this game will be amazing for you, no matter what ups and downs it goes through. If not, it's cool. Find some other game, sport, club, activity where you do find this. But for everyone's sake, you included, if it isn't fun, just walk away now. I wish you the best in your other endeavors.

-Ronin
____________________________
#2 Jan 12 2011 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Doesn't this belong in the Complaints Thread?

Edited, Jan 12th 2011 6:25pm by hexaemeron
____________________________
#3 Jan 12 2011 at 5:25 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
Rate up to the ceiling.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#4 Jan 12 2011 at 5:26 PM Rating: Good
I'm not complaining. I'm providing perspective and wishing some of you, yes you, farewell.
____________________________
#5 Jan 13 2011 at 5:19 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Look, mummy.
A counter-whiner.
Can I keep it?
#6 Jan 13 2011 at 5:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
691 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
Doesn't this belong in the Complaints Thread?

Edited, Jan 12th 2011 6:25pm by hexaemeron



If the people complaining about the game actually used the complaints thread, we wouldn't need an official complaints thread, now would we? ^^

Also, complaints thread is meant for complaints regarding the game itself, not the douchebaggery that goes on in the rest of the threads.
#7namasy, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 5:26 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) this game is so fun!
#8 Jan 13 2011 at 5:31 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
The whole concept of a "complaints thread" is ridiculous.
It's like: "We want half the community to shut up and go to
some remote island, because what they say hurts our feelings".

What's a discussion forum for, when only one side is allowed
to post freely, while the other is restricted to some sort of
containment area?
#9 Jan 13 2011 at 5:37 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
Actually, its because that half of the community do nothing but detract from the enjoyment of others. Even in RL, we have complaint and compliment boxes(Sometimes just a feedback box) at stores and restaurants because people go to these places trying to enjoy the atmosphere. Want to ruin the atmosphere? In RL, you get a bouncer or security asking you "kindly" to "Please leave, sir."


Almost forgot, before you say this isn't RL, remember that there are real people behind these words. It's about as real as text on a screen can get =p

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 5:39am by Uryuu
#10 Jan 13 2011 at 5:41 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
597 posts
Speaking ill of the God-Emperor Squeenix is heresy. Is that how it goes? :P
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#11 Jan 13 2011 at 5:44 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Sorry for disturbing your harmony, Sir!
If we all freeze our faces in happy-mode, everybody will be happy.
#12 Jan 13 2011 at 5:46 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
P.S.: At least those 750 players who actually log in for more than a few minutes per week.
#13 Jan 13 2011 at 5:47 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
@Quanta
No, but judging from these forums, at times you'd think it was heresy to say anything good about Square Enix.

And @ Rinsui
"Please leave, sir." ..sorry, couldn't resist.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 5:49am by Uryuu
#14 Jan 13 2011 at 5:49 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
...which tells us a lot about how many people they must have ****** off.
#15 Jan 13 2011 at 5:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
386 posts
Rinsui wrote:
The whole concept of a "complaints thread" is ridiculous.
It's like: "We want half the community to shut up and go to
some remote island, because what they say hurts our feelings".

What's a discussion forum for, ....


A discussion forum is for, discussion as the name implies. The problem is a great deal of the postings that littered this forum were not discussion, hence the creation of the complaints thread.

As has been said a billion times over, yes the game is not perfect, yes the game has problems, yes there are people who enjoy the game, yes there are people who hate the game, yes there are people who want to see the game succeed, and yes there are people who want to see the game crash and burn to the ground.

If you have a problem with the game, will you discuss it? Will you post coherently in a constructive fashion about what upsets you and perhaps even make a suggestion for a way to improve it? Or will you just whine incessantly with no rhyme or reason wasting space in the forum?

I'm also getting really sick of all the "white knight" "troll" "carebear" "fanboi" whatever labeling that floats all over the place too, but that's a horse of a different cover.

If people could keep things more civil there wouldn't be all these rant threads and counter rant threads. But as someone will surely quote me for saying, there's obviously no civility on the internet.
#16 Jan 13 2011 at 6:02 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Ah the usual "If you have a LS" you can have a good time argument Lmao!

I'm wondering, was there a disclaimer on the box that said "For fun a Link-Shell is Required" ??
____________________________
MUTED
#17 Jan 13 2011 at 6:12 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
Ostia wrote:
Ah the usual "If you have a LS" you can have a good time argument Lmao!

I'm wondering, was there a disclaimer on the box that said "For fun a Link-Shell is Required" ??


"Game experience may change during online play."

Also, before I forget, if you buy a MMOrpg expecting to enjoy all the game without a social group or team, you need to slap yourself silly. Online games with optional teamwork are called "online rpgs." We call games that require teamwork to be fully enjoyed "MMORPGS."
Massively MULTIPLAYER Online Role-Playing Game.

Yeah, MULTIPLAYER.


If i want optional teamwork I play White Knight Chronicles (which still has npc teammates), Demon's Souls in offline
mode, or even Atelier Rorona.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 6:22am by Uryuu
#18 Jan 13 2011 at 6:22 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Just that, atm, it's more of a multi-grinder than a multi-player game.

Wait. Perhaps this comment doesn't fit the definition of constructice
criticism. Then again, people who like an aspect of the game also just
have to type "I like aspect X".

So I guess I should have the right to write "I don't like aspect X" as
well. Even if I don't have an immediate solution (which, in most cases,
would be ignored anyway...).

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 7:26am by Rinsui
#19 Jan 13 2011 at 6:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
Rin, if you play solo, that's all there is to do in MMORPGS. Grind easy PvP points, grind easy pve points, grind levels, grind solo achievements, grind quests, grind grind grind. I've taken part in the higher level faction leves (granted, i got owned by an aoe >< ) and I can honestly say they are fun. More fun than many raid bosses in other games. Did you honestly expect to see the sky when your face is firmly planted in the dirt?

Also, as you can see from the ratings of many posts in many threads here, most of the less verbal members of our community rate not on content of posts, but on their personal feelings. That is one of the reasons a "official" complaints thread was created.
One person says a bad thing, tons more would come, then others would come to defend the game, and it would go into an endless cycle of karma-bombs and rate-ups for what most communities call "trollish" behavior.



Edited, Jan 13th 2011 6:34am by Uryuu
#20 Jan 13 2011 at 6:30 AM Rating: Default
**
451 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Just that, atm, it's more of a multi-grinder than a multi-player game.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 7:26am by Rinsui


Actually it's more of a crafting sim than an MMO isn't it?
#21 Jan 13 2011 at 6:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
Uryuu wrote:
@Quanta
No, but judging from these forums, at times you'd think it was heresy to say anything good about Square Enix.


It's not, but let's be honest here: the Final Fantasy series has seen better days, and FFXIV is just the latest example of that train of thought. It's infuriating to see moronic yes-men on these forums and elsewhere praising the game and the franchise, and trying to assure everyone that "things will get better, so quit complaining" because, like many others, I don't buy it. I haven't bought it since FFVIII came out, when the franchise started to go south. FFXIII (which I haven't had a chance to play yet), from the sound of things, is the game that's made the franchise jump the shark due to being linear as all ****.

FFXIV only makes things worse by having almost no content, not even the epic storylines that the franchise is famous for. I mean, as much as I disliked how FFXI did a lot of things, at least the game had a villain for it's initial launch that drove the plot for the game's missions, and the background story gives you enough info to figure out who and what you're going to be fighting. Who's the ******* villain for this game? The only hint you get that something might be wrong in the world is when your boat is attacked by monstrous jellyfish and then Leviathan leaps over you, and apparently there's some serious **** going down at a reef once you make it to shore. Did I need to play more before I'd get an idea of who's *** I'm going to have to kick?
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#22 Jan 13 2011 at 6:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
691 posts
@Quanta

Garlean empire, it's mentioned by almost every single NPC in every town that the Garlean empire it up to no good and is attempting to conquer the world. By rank 30 you've already been introduced firsthand to the atrocities the Garleans commit against defenseless beastmen tribes, and by 50 you get to see some of the Garlean's genetic experiments on drakes and other large creatures.

In short, storyline is there, but you only watched a few opening cutscenes and expected to see the entire story.


In response to your below post, Quanta (trying not to clutter up this thread if I can avoid it)
90% of the game can be solo'd already. That last 10%..the most fun 10%...requires teamwork. I was simply pointing out that the most enjoyable parts of MMORPGS have always been the aspects that require large groups, be it large-scale PvP, large-scale PvE, or even a mix of the two.

Semi-controlled chaos, as all good businessmen and theme park designers know, is very, very fun. Most MMOs have the added perk of deaths resulting from said chaos not being permanent.



And in regards to being molested by jellyfish...that's a very unique way of putting it, but pretty much sums up Limsa's opening.

Also, last time i made a new XI character, they pretty much just told me to "go forth and quest/kill/sell/level" for the first 100 hours of the game. NPCs held the lore, just like this time around. Could use a heck of a lot more NPC-related quests to give people a reason to talk to them, though.

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 7:03am by Uryuu
#23 Jan 13 2011 at 6:44 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
597 posts
Uryuu wrote:
Also, before I forget, if you buy a MMOrpg expecting to enjoy all the game without a social group or team, you need to slap yourself silly. Online games with optional teamwork are called "online rpgs." We call games that require teamwork to be fully enjoyed "MMORPGS."
Massively MULTIPLAYER Online Role-Playing Game.

Yeah, MULTIPLAYER.


Don't be a tool. While it's true that you need a guild and/or a wide circle of friends to get the most mileage out of an MMO, most modern MMOs these days are well designed enough that a solo gamer can enjoy most of the content on offer without whoring themselves out to the nearest guild, and the better games allow solo gamers to enjoy the small-group content with a minimum of hassle.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#24 Jan 13 2011 at 6:48 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
Uryuu wrote:
@Quanta

Garlean empire, it's mentioned by almost every single NPC in every town that the Garlean empire it up to no good and is attempting to conquer the world. By rank 30 you've already been introduced firsthand to the atrocities the Garleans commit against defenseless beastmen tribes, and by 50 you get to see some of the Garlean's genetic experiments on drakes and other large creatures.

In short, storyline is there, but you only watched a few opening cutscenes and expected to see the entire story.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 6:39am by Uryuu


Ah, I see. That clarifies things considerably. Still, it's a bit disappointing that little tidbit isn't made known in the opening; it'd have been far more interesting than getting molested by jellyfish.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#25 Jan 13 2011 at 6:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Personally I am tired of all the criticism, anger, or just simple bashing of the game. Not because some of the criticism isn't worth it, just that having the same thing said an average of 50 times a day in 10 different thread does get to me.

In my opinion if people really are just bringing the same points over and over so that SE is aware of the comunity's point of view then that is what the suggestion forum is for, don't justify your multiple posts about the exact same issue on that account.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#26MojoRysyn, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 6:58 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I just wanna say that i haven't been logged in for a week now.
#27 Jan 13 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
KristoFurwalken wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Just that, atm, it's more of a multi-grinder than a multi-player game.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 7:26am by Rinsui


Actually it's more of a crafting sim than an MMO isn't it?


TBH it really is. They do everything in this game to benifit crafters. Story/event items/repairing crap/ most good gear needing to be crafted...ect. Its like it was the only thing they got done and tossed in the rest as an afterthought.
#28 Jan 13 2011 at 7:29 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
597 posts
MojoRysyn wrote:
I stop back here to see if you crazy internet people dig up information about the game and when it will be made into something playable.


I'm waiting for the same thing. I'm basically waiting for the post that says "They added instances! And each has an epic storyline leading up to it! And the questline is awesome! And it's relevant to the overall plot! And it's all soloable up to the part where you actually go into the instance to fight stuff! And there's a dungeon finder, which even works for leves and level grinding groups! And the final bosses are huge, flashy, awesome, and aren't just tank-and-spanks where you stand on a dragon's left leg for 2 hours, or massive kitefests because they overtuned it so you can't straight tank anything! And they added real quests, not just this leve/behest daily ********* And crafting no longer has you make hilts, straps, and other ******** just to craft a sword; all you need are processed materials, like ingots and dyes and ****, because the designers finally realized that it's a game, and certain things should automatically be assumed, like you hammer the ingots into a blade during the mini-game, or the processed bone you bought off of a bonecarver is assumed to be a hilt for the sake of simplicity! And stats can be reallocated all at once by visiting a city and paying someone a gradually increasing fee for a reset instead of having to spend all day waiting for some obnoxious cooldown! And there's a back arrow, so if you ***** up stat allocation you don't have to start from scratch! And the stats actually have noticeable effects without dumping 40 points into them! And the menus are gone for those not using a controller! And we have keybinds!"

I wonder how long I'll be waiting. :o
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#29 Jan 13 2011 at 7:29 AM Rating: Decent
**
821 posts
Quanta wrote:
Don't be a tool. While it's true that you need a guild and/or a wide circle of friends to get the most mileage out of an MMO, most modern MMOs these days are well designed enough that a solo gamer can enjoy most of the content on offer without whoring themselves out to the nearest guild, and the better games allow solo gamers to enjoy the small-group content with a minimum of hassle.


Play an offline game...seriously...if you want to do most of the content solo without any hassle...go play a @#%^ing offline game.

MMORPGs are for people who like to play MMO-wise!

I will encourage any MMORPG dev team to build in content thats ONLY playable by groups or even "raids" anytime, cause that's what MMORPGs are about, not you running around solo doing some boring quest.

Most ppl who played FFXI enjoyed CoP the most, now guess why? Cause it had the best storyline and it was "group" only during the whole **** storyline. Each and every fight needed a group and a good group at that, with people who know how to play, and the fights were interesting, cause they were not facerolled to be done.



Edited, Jan 13th 2011 1:34pm by Shezard
#30 Jan 13 2011 at 7:33 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
zanfire wrote:
KristoFurwalken wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Just that, atm, it's more of a multi-grinder than a multi-player game.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 7:26am by Rinsui


Actually it's more of a crafting sim than an MMO isn't it?


TBH it really is. They do everything in this game to benifit crafters. Story/event items/repairing crap/ most good gear needing to be crafted...ect. Its like it was the only thing they got done and tossed in the rest as an afterthought.


In regards to story/events they dont benefit crafters, they made so all classes can enjoy them. If you don't know the difference then I'm not gonna go into it.

In regards to items just bringing up the blackened gear which is gotten from leves they are better than their rank equivalent gear.

In regards to repairing crafp all disciples ahve to go through it so no real benefit unless you you look into loot from crafting/fighting and then fighting has a much bigger diversity in it!

If anything, crafters are dependant on fighters at the same if not a higher level that the other way around. Crafters cannot get enough shards/crystals for their needs and most of the mats are also gotten from either DoL or from DoW/M.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#31 Jan 13 2011 at 7:35 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Quanta wrote:
MojoRysyn wrote:
I stop back here to see if you crazy internet people dig up information about the game and when it will be made into something playable.


I'm waiting for the same thing. I'm basically waiting for the post that says "They added instances! And each has an epic storyline leading up to it! And the questline is awesome! And it's relevant to the overall plot! And it's all soloable up to the part where you actually go into the instance to fight stuff! And there's a dungeon finder, which even works for leves and level grinding groups! And the final bosses are huge, flashy, awesome, and aren't just tank-and-spanks where you stand on a dragon's left leg for 2 hours, or massive kitefests because they overtuned it so you can't straight tank anything! And they added real quests, not just this leve/behest daily bullsh*t! And crafting no longer has you make hilts, straps, and other bullsh*t just to craft a sword; all you need are processed materials, like ingots and dyes and sh*t, because the designers finally realized that it's a game, and certain things should automatically be assumed, like you hammer the ingots into a blade during the mini-game, or the processed bone you bought off of a bonecarver is assumed to be a hilt for the sake of simplicity! And stats can be reallocated all at once by visiting a city and paying someone a gradually increasing fee for a reset instead of having to spend all day waiting for some obnoxious cooldown! And there's a back arrow, so if you ***** up stat allocation you don't have to start from scratch! And the stats actually have noticeable effects without dumping 40 points into them! And the menus are gone for those not using a controller! And we have keybinds!"

I wonder how long I'll be waiting. :o


Since you dont want much I'll just come out and say it.

You'll be waitting till your grandchildren have grandchildren.

Can you do all of us a favour and just accept it and not come back?
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#32 Jan 13 2011 at 7:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
yay another thread turned into a ****-fest at zam by the haters and trolls. anyway, rate up OP ;)
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#33 Jan 13 2011 at 7:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
149 posts
Not that I don't agree with you on some level, but you aren't forced to read the complaints of anyone else, you do so by choice.

Also, making a complaint thread about complaining is likely to do nothing more than incite further complaining.
____________________________
Cooking Mule - 97.0 + 1 + Raw Fish Handling
Leather - 99.0 + 2 + Leather Purification + Leather Ensorcellment + Tanning
Alchemy - 60.0 + Trituration
Clothcraft - 60.0 + Spinning
Woodworking - 60.0 + Lumberjack
Smithing - 60.0 + Sheeting
Boneworking - 60.0

Invalice - Bahamut
PLD - http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?116392
PLD WS - http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?172123
#34 Jan 13 2011 at 7:57 AM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
yay another thread turned into a sh*t-fest at zam by the haters and trolls. anyway, rate up OP ;)


Or it was shown that the game is not good right now....and clearly there are plenty more people who think so. Its more like another thread by some blind fanboy defending the broken game, who like to jump to baseless conclusions like "If you dont like how it is now, they will turn it into WOW CLONE!" Which is utter crap.

Every fan site is just the same (i visit 3 daily) and there is WAAAAAY more people who are disappointed and do not like many aspects of the game (most like me are hoping to god they can make it better) so they all have 80% complaint/rage threads over positive ones or normal game discussions...because there is not much of a game here to talk about.
#35 Jan 13 2011 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
zanfire wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
yay another thread turned into a sh*t-fest at zam by the haters and trolls. anyway, rate up OP ;)


Or it was shown that the game is not good right now....and clearly there are plenty more people who think so. Its more like another thread by some blind fanboy defending the broken game, who like to jump to baseless conclusions like "If you dont like how it is now, they will turn it into WOW CLONE!" Which is utter crap.

Every fan site is just the same (i visit 3 daily) and there is WAAAAAY more people who are disappointed and do not like many aspects of the game (most like me are hoping to god they can make it better) so they all have 80% complaint/rage threads over positive ones or normal game discussions...because there is not much of a game here to talk about.


If you insist that all you're doing is trying to improve the game then use the suggestion forum. Most people that cry in the general forum do so because they either want the attention or just want to stir things up!
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#36 Jan 13 2011 at 8:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
Shezard wrote:
Play an offline game...seriously...if you want to do most of the content solo without any hassle...go play a @#%^ing offline game.

MMORPGs are for people who like to play MMO-wise!

I will encourage any MMORPG dev team to build in content thats ONLY playable by groups or even "raids" anytime, cause that's what MMORPGs are about, not you running around solo doing some boring quest.


I dunno; I found it wildly entertaining tossing bear cubs out of a tree onto a trampoline in Hyjal. I can see how such things would require a team effort though; you need people to section off the area, someone to bring ladders, someone to catch the bears as you throw them onto the trampoline...it's really serious stuff.

Quote:
Most ppl who played FFXI enjoyed CoP the most, now guess why? Cause it had the best storyline and it was "group" only during the whole **** storyline. Each and every fight needed a group and a good group at that, with people who know how to play, and the fights were interesting, cause they were not facerolled to be done.


They were also all boss fights. There weren't really any mooks to kill at any point. It's also largely irrelevant; you needed a group just to go to the bathroom in FFXI.

As for difficulty, there's a difference between being able to faceroll and being able to make a mistake or two and still be able to finish. CoP missions tended to allow for NO room for error; since the majority of MMO players everywhere probably find breathing a great challenge, and even the good players avoided CoP missions like the ******* plague once they'd finished them, you were pretty well ****** if you fell behind on the missions.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#37 Jan 13 2011 at 8:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
164 posts
lol the funny thing that i find is on forums there is an over-abundance of ppl complaining about the game and then while i'm playing there is only like 4 people in my 2 linkshells of a total of like 175+ ppl that i ever really hear making a big stink about the game. the other ppl might join in the discussion but for the most part do not instigate or let it get them down and those ppl do not go on forums because they are too busy playing the game; most of them ask in game rather than check out sites for information. most ppl on forums =/= a good representation to most ppl playing the game.
____________________________


#38 Jan 13 2011 at 8:36 AM Rating: Decent
*
59 posts
Quanta wrote:

I'm waiting for the same thing. I'm basically waiting for the post that says "They added instances! And each has an epic storyline leading up to it! And the questline is awesome! And it's relevant to the overall plot! And it's all soloable up to the part where you actually go into the instance to fight stuff! And there's a dungeon finder, which even works for leves and level grinding groups! And the final bosses are huge, flashy, awesome, and aren't just tank-and-spanks where you stand on a dragon's left leg for 2 hours, or massive kitefests because they overtuned it so you can't straight tank anything! And they added real quests, not just this leve/behest daily bullsh*t! And crafting no longer has you make hilts, straps, and other bullsh*t just to craft a sword; all you need are processed materials, like ingots and dyes and sh*t, because the designers finally realized that it's a game, and certain things should automatically be assumed, like you hammer the ingots into a blade during the mini-game, or the processed bone you bought off of a bonecarver is assumed to be a hilt for the sake of simplicity! And stats can be reallocated all at once by visiting a city and paying someone a gradually increasing fee for a reset instead of having to spend all day waiting for some obnoxious cooldown! And there's a back arrow, so if you ***** up stat allocation you don't have to start from scratch! And the stats actually have noticeable effects without dumping 40 points into them! And the menus are gone for those not using a controller! And we have keybinds!"

I wonder how long I'll be waiting. :o


Keep playing WoW then? Why would you want another game to be like WoW when u can play WoW?
Oh yeah, WoW was easy mode since BC and people forgot how to play so now they think Cata is hard!
____________________________

#39 Jan 13 2011 at 8:41 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
Hugus wrote:
zanfire wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
yay another thread turned into a sh*t-fest at zam by the haters and trolls. anyway, rate up OP ;)


Or it was shown that the game is not good right now....and clearly there are plenty more people who think so. Its more like another thread by some blind fanboy defending the broken game, who like to jump to baseless conclusions like "If you dont like how it is now, they will turn it into WOW CLONE!" Which is utter crap.

Every fan site is just the same (i visit 3 daily) and there is WAAAAAY more people who are disappointed and do not like many aspects of the game (most like me are hoping to god they can make it better) so they all have 80% complaint/rage threads over positive ones or normal game discussions...because there is not much of a game here to talk about.


If you insist that all you're doing is trying to improve the game then use the suggestion forum. Most people that cry in the general forum do so because they either want the attention or just want to stir things up!


I send feedback on stuff all the time, like recently about the food system in the game and how poorly implemented that was. I also dont mind making some noise along with the hoards of others because as SE has said in the past (for FFXI at least, so i would assume the same here) they have people who read over the forums for their thoughts on the game. Il make as much noise possible to make sure this game goes from being basically a failing **** to the game i want to spend the next 5+ years playing.


#40 Jan 13 2011 at 8:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
QuickShadoww wrote:
Keep playing WoW then? Why would you want another game to be like WoW when u can play WoW?
Oh yeah, WoW was easy mode since BC and people forgot how to play so now they think Cata is hard!


Right, because this game would become WoW if they made any of those changes.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#41 Jan 13 2011 at 8:51 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Of course it would.
Like, I guess there are entertaining quests in WoW (?).
Implement quests -> WoW clone.
#42 Jan 13 2011 at 8:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
Hugus wrote:
zanfire wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
yay another thread turned into a sh*t-fest at zam by the haters and trolls. anyway, rate up OP ;)


Or it was shown that the game is not good right now....and clearly there are plenty more people who think so. Its more like another thread by some blind fanboy defending the broken game, who like to jump to baseless conclusions like "If you dont like how it is now, they will turn it into WOW CLONE!" Which is utter crap.

Every fan site is just the same (i visit 3 daily) and there is WAAAAAY more people who are disappointed and do not like many aspects of the game (most like me are hoping to god they can make it better) so they all have 80% complaint/rage threads over positive ones or normal game discussions...because there is not much of a game here to talk about.


If you insist that all you're doing is trying to improve the game then use the suggestion forum. Most people that cry in the general forum do so because they either want the attention or just want to stir things up!

Even better, use SE's suggestion box, I'll even provide the link.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/form.php?id=902&la=1&p=0&fo=288

The fact of the matter is, we all know the game has problems and what those problems are. We don't need to read how you think it can be improved, nor why you think it sucks in every single thread. Some of us are enjoying our time in game, not because we think the game is perfect, but because we know how to the make the best out of the imperfect game we are playing.

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 9:51am by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#43 Jan 13 2011 at 8:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
zanfire wrote:

I send feedback on stuff all the time, like recently about the food system in the game and how poorly implemented that was. I also dont mind making some noise along with the hoards of others because as SE has said in the past (for FFXI at least, so i would assume the same here) they have people who read over the forums for their thoughts on the game. Il make as much noise possible to make sure this game goes from being basically a failing **** to the game i want to spend the next 5+ years playing.

How's that working out for ya?

It's certainly not working out of these forums very well, frankly. It's hard to find any good information under the mountains of troll/hater filled threads.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#44 Jan 13 2011 at 8:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
zanfire wrote:
Hugus wrote:
zanfire wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
yay another thread turned into a sh*t-fest at zam by the haters and trolls. anyway, rate up OP ;)


Or it was shown that the game is not good right now....and clearly there are plenty more people who think so. Its more like another thread by some blind fanboy defending the broken game, who like to jump to baseless conclusions like "If you dont like how it is now, they will turn it into WOW CLONE!" Which is utter crap.

Every fan site is just the same (i visit 3 daily) and there is WAAAAAY more people who are disappointed and do not like many aspects of the game (most like me are hoping to god they can make it better) so they all have 80% complaint/rage threads over positive ones or normal game discussions...because there is not much of a game here to talk about.


If you insist that all you're doing is trying to improve the game then use the suggestion forum. Most people that cry in the general forum do so because they either want the attention or just want to stir things up!


I send feedback on stuff all the time, like recently about the food system in the game and how poorly implemented that was. I also dont mind making some noise along with the hoards of others because as SE has said in the past (for FFXI at least, so i would assume the same here) they have people who read over the forums for their thoughts on the game. Il make as much noise possible to make sure this game goes from being basically a failing **** to the game i want to spend the next 5+ years playing.


For some reason I actually thought that I might be reading something intelegent from a mature person, then I got to the bold part.

Still, lets try repeating so people might actually read it:

I don't attack people that make their opinions known, not even in the General Forum. My grief is about people who constantly state the sam issue over and over again in the General Forum with the "excuse" that they are only trying to improve the game when to do that all they need to do is use the Suggestion Forum or go directly to SE as you claim to have done.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#45 Jan 13 2011 at 9:05 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Uryuu wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Ah the usual "If you have a LS" you can have a good time argument Lmao!

I'm wondering, was there a disclaimer on the box that said "For fun a Link-Shell is Required" ??


"Game experience may change during online play."

Also, before I forget, if you buy a MMOrpg expecting to enjoy all the game without a social group or team, you need to slap yourself silly. Online games with optional teamwork are called "online rpgs." We call games that require teamwork to be fully enjoyed "MMORPGS."
Massively MULTIPLAYER Online Role-Playing Game.

Yeah, MULTIPLAYER.


If i want optional teamwork I play White Knight Chronicles (which still has npc teammates), Demon's Souls in offline
mode, or even Atelier Rorona.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 6:22am by Uryuu


Like always you miss the point Mr. White Knight XD!

Is it true or not that most people dont party ? or speak in OCC ? i'm pretty sure, whenever somebody brings up, how silent the world is, the "Get a LS Argument" comes up no ?
____________________________
MUTED
#46 Jan 13 2011 at 9:07 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
QuickShadoww wrote:
Quanta wrote:

I'm waiting for the same thing. I'm basically waiting for the post that says "They added instances! And each has an epic storyline leading up to it! And the questline is awesome! And it's relevant to the overall plot! And it's all soloable up to the part where you actually go into the instance to fight stuff! And there's a dungeon finder, which even works for leves and level grinding groups! And the final bosses are huge, flashy, awesome, and aren't just tank-and-spanks where you stand on a dragon's left leg for 2 hours, or massive kitefests because they overtuned it so you can't straight tank anything! And they added real quests, not just this leve/behest daily bullsh*t! And crafting no longer has you make hilts, straps, and other bullsh*t just to craft a sword; all you need are processed materials, like ingots and dyes and sh*t, because the designers finally realized that it's a game, and certain things should automatically be assumed, like you hammer the ingots into a blade during the mini-game, or the processed bone you bought off of a bonecarver is assumed to be a hilt for the sake of simplicity! And stats can be reallocated all at once by visiting a city and paying someone a gradually increasing fee for a reset instead of having to spend all day waiting for some obnoxious cooldown! And there's a back arrow, so if you ***** up stat allocation you don't have to start from scratch! And the stats actually have noticeable effects without dumping 40 points into them! And the menus are gone for those not using a controller! And we have keybinds!"

I wonder how long I'll be waiting. :o


Keep playing WoW then? Why would you want another game to be like WoW when u can play WoW?
Oh yeah, WoW was easy mode since BC and people forgot how to play so now they think Cata is hard!


Wait what ? Bc was harder than Vanilla and wrath, wtf are you talking about ?
____________________________
MUTED
#47 Jan 13 2011 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
*
178 posts
If you do all your complaining and whining in the feedback forums, then you may actually be doing the community a favor. I for one am glad for all the haters who have voiced their opinions in the feedback forums (to which I have contributed on occassion) cuz they have made the game free for the foreseeable future and so far I have found plenty in the game to keep me interested and entertained until SE decides to charge us.

When you complain and whine in the general forums, your complaints fall on deaf ears because people who enjoy the game go around down rating you like crazy, you get ****** at the "fan boys" and down rate them in return and the endless cycle of pointless debate ensues. The OP has a very valid point in pointing out the absolute pointlessness in complaining about something as moot as a emergency maintenance.

#48 Jan 13 2011 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
*
59 posts
Quanta wrote:

Right, because this game would become WoW if they made any of those changes.


All you ask is in WoW. After they implement all of it, will you ask for flying mounts, normal and heroic mode raids, bgs, arenas...?

Rinsui wrote:
Of course it would.
Like, I guess there are entertaining quests in WoW (?).
Implement quests -> WoW clone.


My comment was directed to the entire list not only one point. I do hope they implement quests other than leves and they better do. Content ftw.

Ostia wrote:
Wait what ? Bc was harder than Vanilla and wrath, wtf are you talking about ?


Did you even read my comment? Maybe I didn't write it correctly, english is not my first language.

I meant that WoW got easier in BC and even easier in WOTLK. I haven't tried Cata but friends play and some of them think it's too hard. Those friends didn't play much in vanilla WoW when it took skills and a brain to achieve something and not only faceroll raids and instances.

Edited twice because I fail at multi quotes :P
Edited, Jan 13th 2011 10:54am by QuickShadoww

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 10:55am by QuickShadoww
____________________________

#49 Jan 13 2011 at 10:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
180 posts
Here Here OP! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I didn't read the Maintenance thread you mentioned and now I don't think I will. But did people really think that an emergency maintenance was going to be anything more than one or two bug fixes? Did any kind of content or major game fixes (a change to SP/party play for example) ever stem from an emergency maintenance in this game or ffxi?

I think a lot of people are just setting themselves up to be disappointed.
____________________________
FFXI: PLD BST BRD RDM SAM PUP


#50 Jan 13 2011 at 10:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
164 posts
Ostia wrote:

Is it true or not that most people dont party ? or speak in OCC ? i'm pretty sure, whenever somebody brings up, how silent the world is, the "Get a LS Argument" comes up no ?


ls is the mode of communication in this game, if you don't have an ls, then i assume you want to play in silence. i'm ecstatic they don't have world chat; world chat just cheapens a game to me and besides i've heard enough trolls in my life to practically predict the next ten years of any world chat.
____________________________


#51 Jan 13 2011 at 10:07 AM Rating: Excellent
*
116 posts
Quanta wrote:
Uryuu wrote:
@Quanta
No, but judging from these forums, at times you'd think it was heresy to say anything good about Square Enix.


It's not, but let's be honest here: the Final Fantasy series has seen better days, and FFXIV is just the latest example of that train of thought. It's infuriating to see moronic yes-men on these forums and elsewhere praising the game and the franchise, and trying to assure everyone that "things will get better, so quit complaining" because, like many others, I don't buy it. I haven't bought it since FFVIII came out, when the franchise started to go south. FFXIII (which I haven't had a chance to play yet), from the sound of things, is the game that's made the franchise jump the shark due to being linear as all ****.

FFXIV only makes things worse by having almost no content, not even the epic storylines that the franchise is famous for. I mean, as much as I disliked how FFXI did a lot of things, at least the game had a villain for it's initial launch that drove the plot for the game's missions, and the background story gives you enough info to figure out who and what you're going to be fighting. Who's the @#%^ing villain for this game? The only hint you get that something might be wrong in the world is when your boat is attacked by monstrous jellyfish and then Leviathan leaps over you, and apparently there's some serious sh*t going down at a reef once you make it to shore. Did I need to play more before I'd get an idea of who's *** I'm going to have to kick?


It may have went south for you with FFVIII, but I think that game is the best in the series and second only to Resident Evil as the greatest game ever made (speaking relatively here). Doesn't that tell you something? Taste is subjective. You may not like the game, but others do. You may be angry, but others aren't. If someone defends SE, it's plain silly to just assume that they are "yes-men". That's an ad hominem argument and it has no credibility.
____________________________


« Previous 1 2 3
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)