Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Enough is enoughFollow

#52 Jan 13 2011 at 10:12 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,335 posts
@OP Agreed, sick and tired...

@ the 5 or 6 other posts that were on topic, w00t!

@ the remaining 40+ posts that were off topic, leave, don't come back!

Edit: Ooo, eels and hovercrafts, ohh my!

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 9:13am by taliph
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#53 Jan 13 2011 at 10:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Ronin, love ya bro, but you have to realize the irony of this thread: It's pointless to point out the pointlessness of constantly pointing out the flaws in something you supposedly hate. The people that do so will never get the point because they are treating it like a bad break up, not completely without cause, though overboard in a lot of cases. Also, our disconnected society has taught a lot of people that they can get what they want if they scream loud enough long enough...which is true to an extent, but all too often degenerates to people just screaming for no reason.

I used "point" 4 times in one sentance...word.
#54 Jan 13 2011 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
164 posts
taliph wrote:
@OP Agreed, sick and tired...

@ the 5 or 6 other posts that were on topic, w00t!

@ the remaining 40+ posts that were off topic, leave, don't come back!

Edit: Ooo, eels and hovercrafts, ohh my!

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 9:13am by taliph


the bouncer has spoken. rate up OP or leave. nothing more to say here. wait eels? where?
____________________________


#55 Jan 13 2011 at 10:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
QuickShadoww wrote:
All you ask is in WoW. After they implement all of it, will you ask for flying mounts, normal and heroic mode raids, bgs, arenas...?


No. Aside from raids (which will end up in the game anyways), none of that would really fit with Final Fantasy. At the very least, an online FF game should have instances where much of the game's story takes place, considering that the offline installments can be boiled down to the characters moving from one instance to the next.

Quote:
My comment was directed to the entire list not only one point. I do hope they implement quests other than leves and they better do. Content ftw.


Quote:
I meant that WoW got easier in BC and even easier in WOTLK. I haven't tried Cata but friends play and some of them think it's too hard. Those friends didn't play much in vanilla WoW when it took skills and a brain to achieve something and not only faceroll raids and instances.


Not really. The only thing in BC that could be considered easier was the level grind, but that has more to do with a better overall design for the quests and zones than it does with it actually being difficult. The 5-mans and the raids were not only harder, they varied in mechanics far more than vanilla dungeons, which had a ridiculous amount of tank-and-spank fights, with no special encounter mechanics. Wrath took things further, but they actually made fights too easy until the very end of the expansion, which started bringing things back towards BC-level difficulty. Now Cata is here, and just about everything is harder, even while solo; you can't tank swarms of mobs anymore without getting your **** kicked in at 85 because mobs simply hit too hard.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#56 Jan 13 2011 at 10:30 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
QuickShadoww wrote:
Quanta wrote:

Right, because this game would become WoW if they made any of those changes.


All you ask is in WoW. After they implement all of it, will you ask for flying mounts, normal and heroic mode raids, bgs, arenas...?

Rinsui wrote:
Of course it would.
Like, I guess there are entertaining quests in WoW (?).
Implement quests -> WoW clone.


My comment was directed to the entire list not only one point. I do hope they implement quests other than leves and they better do. Content ftw.

Ostia wrote:
Wait what ? Bc was harder than Vanilla and wrath, wtf are you talking about ?


Did you even read my comment? Maybe I didn't write it correctly, english is not my first language.

I meant that WoW got easier in BC and even easier in WOTLK. I haven't tried Cata but friends play and some of them think it's too hard. Those friends didn't play much in vanilla WoW when it took skills and a brain to achieve something and not only faceroll raids and instances.

Edited twice because I fail at multi quotes :P
Edited, Jan 13th 2011 10:54am by QuickShadoww

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 10:55am by QuickShadoww


BC was harder than vanilla by a mile and a half, Wotlk was the only faceroll expansion, cata is hard, as hard in some aspects as BC, again i do not know wtf you talking about... elaborate ?
____________________________
MUTED
#57 Jan 13 2011 at 10:43 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,335 posts
TempLoop wrote:
the bouncer has spoken. rate up OP or leave. nothing more to say here. wait eels? where?


Wish I was the bouncer... but as far as eels... there is an auto-filter for the term pageget which makes it say "My hovercraft is full of eels"
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#58Quanta, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 10:44 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) FFVIII has arguably the worst systems they've ever designed. It's the only game in the franchise that actually punishes you for leveling; monsters get stronger as you level, and you remain constant if you aren't exploiting the **** out of the junction system. It also punishes you for casting spells by tying them to your stats; as you cast magic, you get weaker.
#59 Jan 13 2011 at 10:52 AM Rating: Decent
*
59 posts
Quanta wrote:


Not really. The only thing in BC that could be considered easier was the level grind, but that has more to do with a better overall design for the quests and zones than it does with it actually being difficult. The 5-mans and the raids were not only harder, they varied in mechanics far more than vanilla dungeons, which had a ridiculous amount of tank-and-spank fights, with no special encounter mechanics. Wrath took things further, but they actually made fights too easy until the very end of the expansion, which started bringing things back towards BC-level difficulty. Now Cata is here, and just about everything is harder, even while solo; you can't tank swarms of mobs anymore without getting your sh*t kicked in at 85 because mobs simply hit too hard.


No encounter mechanics in Vanilla? Okay MC was tank and spank. But BWL? 1st boss: mc boss to destroy eggs meanwhile kite/kill around 40 adds respawning, Drakes: all differents strats i.e.: go hide if u get too many debuffs, Chromaggus: not tank and spank again. Should I go on with AQ40 and Naxx?

Ostia wrote:
BC was harder than vanilla by a mile and a half, Wotlk was the only faceroll expansion, cata is hard, as hard in some aspects as BC, again i do not know wtf you talking about... elaborate ?


Not to me. Maybe I was playing with really good players because we facerolled every raind from Kara to Black Temple. I stopped playing when Sunwell came out so I can't say about this one.

AQ40 and Naxx40 were the hardest raid I've ever done/seen (didn't do Naxx 40 but I had a friend with 7/8 T3...)

If you think BC was harder, it's your opinion. Mine is it wasn't and the skills required to play WoW dropped with every patch after the 1st expansion (yeah heroics were a pain when BC came out until they nerfed them.)
____________________________

#60 Jan 13 2011 at 10:53 AM Rating: Default
**
821 posts
Ostia wrote:
QuickShadoww wrote:
Quanta wrote:

Right, because this game would become WoW if they made any of those changes.


All you ask is in WoW. After they implement all of it, will you ask for flying mounts, normal and heroic mode raids, bgs, arenas...?

Rinsui wrote:
Of course it would.
Like, I guess there are entertaining quests in WoW (?).
Implement quests -> WoW clone.


My comment was directed to the entire list not only one point. I do hope they implement quests other than leves and they better do. Content ftw.

Ostia wrote:
Wait what ? Bc was harder than Vanilla and wrath, wtf are you talking about ?


Did you even read my comment? Maybe I didn't write it correctly, english is not my first language.

I meant that WoW got easier in BC and even easier in WOTLK. I haven't tried Cata but friends play and some of them think it's too hard. Those friends didn't play much in vanilla WoW when it took skills and a brain to achieve something and not only faceroll raids and instances.

Edited twice because I fail at multi quotes :P
Edited, Jan 13th 2011 10:54am by QuickShadoww

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 10:55am by QuickShadoww


BC was harder than vanilla by a mile and a half, Wotlk was the only faceroll expansion, cata is hard, as hard in some aspects as BC, again i do not know wtf you talking about... elaborate ?


You can finish each and every **** HC Instance in Cata with merely Blue Equip and if you got skill, even with some green pieces...did you try Shattered Halls in BC with Blue Equip? Get your *** raped there......don't talk when you got no clue, seriously. Vanilla was hard(and obviously you didn't play vanilla...it was on par with BC at least, but not cause of the raid difficulty, but because of the poor balancing of classes and the need for 40ppl with skills(which is hard to come by), BC got harder enocunter wise...it got harder and harder every raid with Sunwell being just awesome. My Guild managed to get to KJ a few weeks before the WotLK faceroll patch, sadly we didn't manage to get him down in time...WotLK was complete faceroll...my Guild cleared Naxx, Sartha and Malygos in the first **** week it came out. Ulduar Normal was clear in 2 weeks, Ulduar HMs were done like 2 months after. Colloseum was a bad joke...and Icecrown was a joke as well on Normal...HC only was hard cause it was tuned for "max performance" from every member in the raid until you could outgear a few HC encounters(and still my guild cleared HC mode...). Cata is somewhere between WotLK and BC at BEST...its not even near the difficulty of Vanilla/BC in the slightest.

Again...don't talk if you got no clue.

PS: I'm not even playing anymore...but oh surprise surprise...my old Guild got normal mode completely cleared already(after 3 weeks of the release)...this is just a ******* joke. If Paragon managed to get HC mode clear in 4 weeks...it will take my old guild like 2-3 months at max...which is still a bad joke...it took us 2 months ALONE to get our Mu'ru First Kill in BC...

I'm sorry I got offtopic...but I just can't stand these **** posers who think they know anything, when they clearly din't experience the **** by themself and just jump a dumb bandwagon.
#61 Jan 13 2011 at 10:56 AM Rating: Default
*
59 posts
Shezard wrote:


You can finish each and every **** HC Instance in Cata with merely Blue Equip and if you got skill, even with some green pieces...did you try Shattered Halls in BC with Blue Equip? Get your *** raped there......don't talk when you got no clue, seriously. Vanilla was hard(and obviously you didn't play vanilla...it was on par with BC at least, but not cause of the raid difficulty, but because of the poor balancing of classes and the need for 40ppl with skills(which is hard to come by), BC got harder eno@#%^er wise...it got harder and harder every raid with Sunwell being just awesome. My Guild managed to get to KJ a few weeks before the WotLK faceroll patch, sadly we didn't manage to get him down in time...WotLK was complete faceroll...my Guild cleared Naxx, Sartha and Malygos in the first **** week it came out. Ulduar Normal was clear in 2 weeks, Ulduar HMs were done like 2 months after. Colloseum was a bad joke...and Icecrown was a joke as well on Normal...HC only was hard cause it was tuned for "max performance" from every member in the raid until you could outgear a few HC encounters(and still my guild cleared HC mode...). Cata is somewhere between WotLK and BC at BEST...its not even near the difficulty of Vanilla/BC in the slightest.

Again...don't talk if you got no clue.

PS: I'm not even playing anymore...but oh surprise surprise...my old Guild got normal mode completely cleared already(after 3 weeks of the release)...this is just a @#%^ing joke. If Paragon managed to get HC mode clear in 4 weeks...it will take my old guild like 2-3 months at max...which is still a bad joke...it took us 2 months ALONE to get our Mu'ru First Kill in BC...

I'm sorry I got offtopic...but I just can't stand these **** posers who think they know anything, when they clearly din't experience the sh*t by themself and just jump a dumb bandwagon.


Did you try BWL in blue gear? Obviously not. Why? Because you had to get gear from previous instance/raid in occurence mostly MC gear in Vanilla. Same at beginning of BC. Shattered Halls heroic was the hardest heroic of BC. Start with the hardest **** and complain it is hard. Way to go!

And assume more. I played Vanilla. Probably more than you. Did you get rank 14? Did you clear every raid except Naxx 40?


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 11:58am by QuickShadoww
____________________________

#62 Jan 13 2011 at 10:56 AM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
Quanta wrote:
Clydey2Times wrote:
It may have went south for you with FFVIII, but I think that game is the best in the series and second only to Resident Evil as the greatest game ever made (speaking relatively here). Doesn't that tell you something? Taste is subjective. You may not like the game, but others do. You may be angry, but others aren't. If someone defends SE, it's plain silly to just assume that they are "yes-men". That's an ad hominem argument and it has no credibility.


FFVIII has arguably the worst systems they've ever designed. It's the only game in the franchise that actually punishes you for leveling; monsters get stronger as you level, and you remain constant if you aren't exploiting the **** out of the junction system. It also punishes you for casting spells by tying them to your stats; as you cast magic, you get weaker.

The junction system is also one of the easiest systems to cheat; once you have the 'Card' command and the Card Mod ability, not only will you never have to gain another level (turning enemies into cards makes them not give experience, and bosses NEVER give experience), but you can start collecting cards enmasse, to refine into items, which in turn you refine into magic, which you refine into stronger magic, which you junction to your stats and overpower enemies. So yeah, you're level 7, have 5k+ HP, and do tons of damage. Finally, you can get the most powerful weapons in the game by obsessively playing the card game before you've even left Balamb Garden by using the Card Mod ability to get the required materials.

Oh, and then there's the fact that the bulk of your money comes from a monthly paycheck, which is also easy to cheat by taking the tests and jacking your rank up to maximum. Not that you really need to buy anything other than Tents to refine into Curagas so you have tons of HP.

You're right though; it's all subjective. It's not a terribly designed game that stomps all over the conventions established by almost every other game in the series up to that point. Not really, anyways.


Most of your issues are concerned with replayability. Do you seriously expect me to believe that you did all of these things on the first playthrough and without a FAQ? I thought the junction system was fantastic. You criticise the game for allowing you to make an overpowered character (after a lot of grinding and sidequests, mind you), then moan that the junction system forces you to strike a balance between physical and magic attacks. You still don't get it. Taste is subjective, whether you like it or not. Who are you to tell me or anyone else what is and isn't a good game? It's about opinions. I think you'll find you're in the minority when it comes to FFVIII. Fans of that game are probably yes-men, though.

We're wildly off topic here. Might want to bring it back a little.

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 11:56am by Clydey2Times
____________________________


#63 Jan 13 2011 at 10:56 AM Rating: Default
*****
11,539 posts
Personally, I think Vanilla WoW had some of the better content for its time. The encounters (especially BWL) were well designed, and they were tweaked for a VERY large scale group (40 people).

BC raids were fun too; I took a break between BC and LK so I missed some of the latter fun at its prime.

Regarding the topic: I'm posting -from- work, for what that's worth :)
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#64LyleVertigo, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 10:56 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) What? No SWG comparisons yet? tsk tsk, well how about them Blade & Soul previews eh? Looks great don't it. I can't wait!
#65 Jan 13 2011 at 11:01 AM Rating: Default
**
821 posts
QuickShadoww wrote:
Shezard wrote:


You can finish each and every **** HC Instance in Cata with merely Blue Equip and if you got skill, even with some green pieces...did you try Shattered Halls in BC with Blue Equip? Get your *** raped there......don't talk when you got no clue, seriously. Vanilla was hard(and obviously you didn't play vanilla...it was on par with BC at least, but not cause of the raid difficulty, but because of the poor balancing of classes and the need for 40ppl with skills(which is hard to come by), BC got harder eno@#%^er wise...it got harder and harder every raid with Sunwell being just awesome. My Guild managed to get to KJ a few weeks before the WotLK faceroll patch, sadly we didn't manage to get him down in time...WotLK was complete faceroll...my Guild cleared Naxx, Sartha and Malygos in the first **** week it came out. Ulduar Normal was clear in 2 weeks, Ulduar HMs were done like 2 months after. Colloseum was a bad joke...and Icecrown was a joke as well on Normal...HC only was hard cause it was tuned for "max performance" from every member in the raid until you could outgear a few HC encounters(and still my guild cleared HC mode...). Cata is somewhere between WotLK and BC at BEST...its not even near the difficulty of Vanilla/BC in the slightest.

Again...don't talk if you got no clue.

PS: I'm not even playing anymore...but oh surprise surprise...my old Guild got normal mode completely cleared already(after 3 weeks of the release)...this is just a @#%^ing joke. If Paragon managed to get HC mode clear in 4 weeks...it will take my old guild like 2-3 months at max...which is still a bad joke...it took us 2 months ALONE to get our Mu'ru First Kill in BC...

I'm sorry I got offtopic...but I just can't stand these **** posers who think they know anything, when they clearly din't experience the sh*t by themself and just jump a dumb bandwagon.


Did you try BWL in blue gear? Obviously not. Why? Because you had to get gear from previous instance/raid in occurence mostly MC gear in Vanilla. Same at beginning of BC. Shattered Halls heroic was the hardest heroic of BC. Start with the hardest sh*t and complain it is hard. Way to go!

And assume more. I played Vanilla. Probably more than you. Did you get rank 14? Did you clear every raid except Naxx 40?


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 11:58am by QuickShadoww


What gave you even the slightest feeling I was talking to you? I was refering to Ostia...which is why I quoted Ostia and were stating counter arguments against what Ostia said...

And you also seem to didn't get that I meant that BC was way harder than Cata and that it was GOOD...of course Shattered Halls wasn't meant to be done with blue equip...but in Cata you can do pretty much everything except for Raids in complete blue equip...there is no "ranking" between the different HC 5mans...they are all equal...which is just dumb. I like to gear in "previous" sh*t, to be able to get further...but this is no longer the case...WoW got and stays faceroll...I advice you to read my post once more...cause I haven't been complaining about difficulty in WoW...in fact I liked an encounter more, the more hard it was...

PS: I didn't care for PvP in WoW ever, so no I wasn't Rank 14 High Warlord, but I got up to Saphiron in old Naxx.

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 5:04pm by Shezard

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 5:07pm by Shezard
#66 Jan 13 2011 at 11:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
812 posts
What I don't get is if you guys love WoW so much and obviously don't play FFXIV (you know who you are), why are you still here?

don't tell me to make the game better either. How does a discussion about WoW, help make FFXIV better? or for that matter have anything to do with discussion about FFXIV?

go find some WoW forums...

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 12:09pm by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#67 Jan 13 2011 at 11:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
180 posts
Everytime anyone goes in depth about WoW I just think to myself "Thank God I played FFXI for all those years."

I could probably sound like that if I talked enough about ffxi. Glad you guys had fun with it, though.

edit: And I liked FFVIII as well. Sure it was way off in left field for a FF game, but different is good. I don't need all my FFs to be the exact same game with a different story.



Edited, Jan 13th 2011 12:08pm by Libtech
____________________________
FFXI: PLD BST BRD RDM SAM PUP


#68LeilaniWildfire, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:08 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Not agreeing with the OP at all..
#69 Jan 13 2011 at 11:11 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,335 posts
LeilaniWildfire wrote:
Not agreeing with the OP at all..

I find it extremely entertaining to come on these forums and read these rants about a game that truly deserves every bit of critisim out there.

You say "if you don't like the game then f off"

Well I say, if you don't like the complaints then f off from the thread!!

LMAO


using this thread as an example, if I wanted to read about the history of WoW, I'd probably go to a WoW forum, not an FFXIV forum.
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#70LeilaniWildfire, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:13 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Well I wasn't really referring to the WOW messgaes but complaining in general - nothing's more entertaining at work in the afternoon when I have finished most of my tasks for the day and just read through forums while waiting to go home. I never really even played WOW so I can't really comment on those...
#71 Jan 13 2011 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
LeilaniWildfire wrote:
taliph wrote:
LeilaniWildfire wrote:
Not agreeing with the OP at all..

I find it extremely entertaining to come on these forums and read these rants about a game that truly deserves every bit of critisim out there.

You say "if you don't like the game then f off"

Well I say, if you don't like the complaints then f off from the thread!!

LMAO


using this thread as an example, if I wanted to read about the history of WoW, I'd probably go to a WoW forum, not an FFXIV forum.



Well I wasn't really referring to the WOW messgaes but complaining in general - nothing's more entertaining at work in the afternoon when I have finished most of my tasks for the day and just read through forums while waiting to go home. I never really even played WOW so I can't really comment on those...

...and please don't comment on them, this is not a WoW forum. Most of us (from what I've been reading) are sick of the WoW discussions.

In closing, contribute to the discussions about FFXIV or GTFO already.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 12:18pm by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#72StrijderVechter, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:19 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It isn't opinion, it's fact. There wasn't a single fight in TBC (outside of the first boss in Kara) that wasn't tuned more tightly than anything made in vanilla. Trying to make yourself "badass" simply because you cleared content after it was out for a while doesn't make you special, and considering you admitted you didn't even do Sunwell you REALLY have no basis for comparison.
#73 Jan 13 2011 at 11:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
812 posts
StrijderVechter wrote:
QuickShadoww wrote:
No encounter mechanics in Vanilla? Okay MC was tank and spank. But BWL? 1st boss: mc boss to destroy eggs meanwhile kite/kill around 40 adds respawning, Drakes: all differents strats i.e.: go hide if u get too many debuffs, Chromaggus: not tank and spank again. Should I go on with AQ40 and Naxx?


/yawn

Blackwing was boring. You kited adds and tank'n'spanked the boss. Vael? Tank'n'spank with tank switching (oh so hard, I know). Broodlord? Same as Vael, except you have to run through a guantlet to get to him (not difficult). Drakes? Tank'n'Spank with tank switches (sound familiar yet?) with one drake having the need to LoS every half a minute or so (or just load up on fire resistance and he becomes a pure T'n'S) and another needing tranq shots from Hunters. Chromaggus? Tank'n'Spank with some LoS. Nefarian? Kill adds en masse and then.... you guessed it, Tank'n'Spank with some adds at the end.

So.... where are these different strats?

QuickShadoww wrote:
Ostia wrote:
BC was harder than vanilla by a mile and a half, Wotlk was the only faceroll expansion, cata is hard, as hard in some aspects as BC, again i do not know wtf you talking about... elaborate ?


Not to me. Maybe I was playing with really good players because we facerolled every raind from Kara to Black Temple. I stopped playing when Sunwell came out so I can't say about this one.


Sorry, but doing content well after the launch isn't 'faceroll' when you're playing content that was 'adjusted'. I seriously doubt you killed any of the T4 and T4 bosses with zero trouble (Karazahn I'd believe outside of Nightbane for the first few weeks). So, all I see you spewing is bullsh*t to try to substantiate a claim.

Black Temple/Hyjal is well known to have been overly lax in the difficulty depart due to the attunements they had players go through to be able to even zone into the instances (which didn't even last long anyway until those were removed).

QuickShadoww wrote:
AQ40 and Naxx40 were the hardest raid I've ever done/seen (didn't do Naxx 40 but I had a friend with 7/8 T3...)


Ahh, so you're admitting that you were just terrible. Because neither instance had anything overly difficult about them aside from *ONE* fight in each instance that were both boiled down to mechanics -- either you had enough ranged to deal with C'Thun's eyestalks & enough tanks to take on the Four Horsemen, or you didn't.

QuickShadoww wrote:
If you think BC was harder, it's your opinion. Mine is it wasn't and the skills required to play WoW dropped with every patch after the 1st expansion (yeah heroics were a pain when BC came out until they nerfed them.)


It isn't opinion, it's fact. There wasn't a single fight in TBC (outside of the first boss in Kara) that wasn't tuned more tightly than anything made in vanilla. Trying to make yourself "badass" simply because you cleared content after it was out for a while doesn't make you special, and considering you admitted you didn't even do Sunwell you REALLY have no basis for comparison.

nobody here cares, this isn't a WoW forum.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#74 Jan 13 2011 at 11:24 AM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
If nothing else comes of this useless thread, we've learned that if you don't want to hear about wow, Don't bash wow. You can't make some snide comment and really think that people will let it go.
____________________________


#75 Jan 13 2011 at 11:25 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,335 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
In closing, contribute to the discussions about FFXIV or GTFO already.


this x9001

No one is saying that any opinion is invalid, just that trolling (on either side of an argument) is and will continue to be counterproductive, and creates a hostile community.
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#76 Jan 13 2011 at 11:27 AM Rating: Excellent
**
435 posts
Yabusame the Wise wrote:
I, as well as most people here, have to listen to negative/whiny/pessimistic/pain-in-the-rear garbage from people 40 hours a week at a place called work. When I log onto ZAM, it's to connect with friends, research some in-game items or quests, and relax while having a good time. That is the purpose of this place, not for you to lead some crusade about a game you claim to despise, yet still play or at least post about constantly. If you really hate this game so much that you have to rant about a MAINTENANCE THREAD, do yourself, the rest of us, ZAM, and FFXIV a favor and just quit. You'll be happier, we will be happier, and FFXIV will be a better place.


I do tech support as well so I sympathize with dealing with whining, but people are going to whine and complain about everything, no matter how good they have it.

Scott Adams (creator of "Dilbert") even observed that, no matter how rich and secure people are, they still whine the same amount as everyone else. His elegant theory on the subject (and I agree) is that people love to complain because it just feels good.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how many bugs there are/aren't or how much content is enough content.


I wouldn't go that far.

For starters, SE is running this game for free right now because it DOES matter. Second, if there are bugs keeping you from being able to remain logged in (as in the case for many folks I've heard), then yeah, it IS keeping them from enjoying the game.
____________________________

#77 Jan 13 2011 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
812 posts
taliph wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
In closing, contribute to the discussions about FFXIV or GTFO already.


this x9001

No one is saying that any opinion is invalid, just that trolling (on either side of an argument) is and will continue to be counterproductive, and creates a hostile community.

That is exactly my point WoW discussions have their place, but that place is not on these forums. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but opinions about WoW don't belong here.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#78 Jan 13 2011 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
@Quanta in regards to FFVIII (8)

Your entire argument against the game is that you could "cheat" in it by spending over 50 hours playing a somewhat entertaining card game and showing a knowledge (or cheating on the test) of the game.



....I'd say that's playing the game as it was meant to be played. You get 100+ hours of playtime either way.

Also, we are getting WAAAAAAY off topic here.


Edited, Jan 13th 2011 11:33am by Uryuu
#79 Jan 13 2011 at 11:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Sadly I doubt anyone will heed this thread, but kudos for making it Yabu. I'm so sick of the negativity. We all know there are issues, but despite that so many of us are enjoying the game for what it currently is. I highly doubt there's any one out there that wants the game to succeed yet doesn't want it to change from its current form.

____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#80Ostia, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:57 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Indeed in Vanilla if you dint had 40 people with skill you could not clear a raid, right ?
#81SoumaKyou, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:59 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You're on crack. BC was ezmode. Not as much as WotLK, but easier than vanilla. The only tough fight in TBC was pre-nerf Kael.
#82 Jan 13 2011 at 12:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
812 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Wait what ? Bc was harder than Vanilla and wrath, wtf are you talking about ?

You're on crack. BC was ezmode. Not as much as WotLK, but easier than vanilla. The only tough fight in TBC was pre-nerf Kael.

again, nobody here cares.

...and yes I will keep replying to WoW posts in this manner until the WoW posters are just as annoyed as the rest of us.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#83 Jan 13 2011 at 12:06 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
852 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Wait what ? Bc was harder than Vanilla and wrath, wtf are you talking about ?

You're on crack. BC was ezmode. Not as much as WotLK, but easier than vanilla. The only tough fight in TBC was pre-nerf Kael.

again, nobody here cares.

...and yes I will keep replying to WoW posts in this manner until the WoW posters are just as annoyed as the rest of us.


Okay, let me break this down for you all. Do you know WHY WoW keeps getting mentioned? BECAUSE IT HAS ACTUAL GAME CONTENT. There IS no discussion possible on FFXIV because wtf strategy is there for solo grinding, stats that don't do a **** thing, or zerg partying of 10,000 coblyns and efts?

NO CONTENT, NO STRATEGY, NO DISCUSSION

Any questions?
____________________________
#84 Jan 13 2011 at 12:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,335 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
again, nobody here cares.

...and yes I will keep replying to WoW posts in this manner until the WoW posters are just as annoyed as the rest of us.


Could do what I'm resolved to do, report such posts as I see them. "Off topic for the thread as well as the forum."

Edit:
Quote:
Do you know WHY WoW keeps getting mentioned? BECAUSE IT HAS ACTUAL GAME CONTENT.


amazing, did zam shut down their WoW forums? no? then talk about it there... this is an FFXIV forum. >.>

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 11:10am by taliph
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#85 Jan 13 2011 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Wait what ? Bc was harder than Vanilla and wrath, wtf are you talking about ?

You're on crack. BC was ezmode. Not as much as WotLK, but easier than vanilla. The only tough fight in TBC was pre-nerf Kael.

again, nobody here cares.

...and yes I will keep replying to WoW posts in this manner until the WoW posters are just as annoyed as the rest of us.


What I don't get is that they're not even bothering to try to compare WoW to FFXIV anymore. They're just wagging their e-peens at each other.

Seriously, if you guys want to debate about which WoW expansion was harder, do it in the WoW forums. ZAM even has a WoW section so you don't even need to make new usernames. Here, I'll even like it for ya: http://wow.allakhazam.com/
#86SoumaKyou, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:10 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) We're beating a dead horse with the FFXIV complaints, so might as well make it a proper discussion about something.
#87 Jan 13 2011 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Wait what ? Bc was harder than Vanilla and wrath, wtf are you talking about ?

You're on crack. BC was ezmode. Not as much as WotLK, but easier than vanilla. The only tough fight in TBC was pre-nerf Kael.

again, nobody here cares.

...and yes I will keep replying to WoW posts in this manner until the WoW posters are just as annoyed as the rest of us.


Okay, let me break this down for you all. Do you know WHY WoW keeps getting mentioned? BECAUSE IT HAS ACTUAL GAME CONTENT. There IS no discussion possible on FFXIV because wtf strategy is there for solo grinding, stats that don't do a **** thing, or zerg partying of 10,000 coblyns and efts?

NO CONTENT, NO STRATEGY, NO DISCUSSION

Any questions?

There is plenty of strategy in this game, but you just have not experienced it yet. Rank 40 leves at r33 require plenty of coordination with party members.

Yes this game is lacking in story quests, nobody is denying that. But these forums are for FFXIV, not WoW. Discussions that are about WoW and have nothing to do with FFXIV do not belong here. Don't start crying just because you know I'm right.

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 1:12pm by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#88 Jan 13 2011 at 12:13 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
852 posts
taliph wrote:


amazing, did zam shut down their WoW forums? no? then talk about it there... this is an FFXIV forum. >.>



That's right, kids. Those game comparisons that every other game forum on earth has? Can't have them here! People upset with the state of game or offering constructive criticism? Can't have that here! Love or leave!

Seriously, you people are sticking your fingers in your ears and LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA-ing everything that doesn't = "OMG SE IS AMAZING KAWAII rate me down ^_________^"


It's really unfortunate and embarrassing. It doesn't matter if not everyone shares your view. There's room for everyone's view. Seriously, grow up.
____________________________
#89 Jan 13 2011 at 12:15 PM Rating: Good
***
1,335 posts
Quote:
Seriously, grow up.


really? attacks now? you seem to have missed the fact that these posts are not comparing anything, but are wholly about wow.

Edit:

Quote:
Seriously, you people are sticking your fingers in your ears and LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA-ing everything that doesn't = "OMG SE IS AMAZING KAWAII rate me down ^_________^"


quote one post of mine that even resembles what you are accusing me of, please.

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 11:17am by taliph
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#90Ostia, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Kael ? Sunwell was, is and will be the hardest raid in all WOW, Kael was cake <.<
#91Ostia, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:16 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) JAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJALSJDFLA:FJLADFJLAFJLAFJLAFJLAFJ
#92 Jan 13 2011 at 12:18 PM Rating: Excellent
*
130 posts
@OP: Agreed, there is no need to cry about a schedules maintenance specially that they never said it was a version update so people should just be happy they are doing a maintenance to fix whatever had to be fixed for an emergency maintenance. Specially that we won't hear anything from SE until the time for the poll had ended and have complied the data (if not done automatically) and come up with a plan. Please use one the best invention of God: Brain.

@People talking about WoW: Do you realize this is a FFXIV forums? Some of us don't even know what you are talking about and most of us do not care. We are here to try to discuss about FFXIV and how to make it the game we were all expecting to enjoy.

Cheers to everyone!
____________________________

yfaithfully wrote:
To add to those, if you can get this DeLorean up to 88 MPH, you'll be able to play this game in 2019 when they've finally implemented mounts.

#93 Jan 13 2011 at 12:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
812 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
taliph wrote:


amazing, did zam shut down their WoW forums? no? then talk about it there... this is an FFXIV forum. >.>



That's right, kids. Those game comparisons that every other game forum on earth has? Can't have them here! People upset with the state of game or offering constructive criticism? Can't have that here! Love or leave!

Seriously, you people are sticking your fingers in your ears and LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA-ing everything that doesn't = "OMG SE IS AMAZING KAWAII rate me down ^_________^"


It's really unfortunate and embarrassing. It doesn't matter if not everyone shares your view. There's room for everyone's view. Seriously, grow up.

That's not the issue here and you know it. We all know the game has issues, if we can talk about them in a civil manner, fine. But history has proven that we cannot. So lets talk about FFXIV in a constructive way please.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#94 Jan 13 2011 at 12:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Jefro420 wrote:
...and yes I will keep replying to WoW posts in this manner until the WoW posters are just as annoyed as the rest of us.


Except, in case you haven't noticed... the people who annoy us, ignore our posts in order to annoy us more.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#95SoumaKyou, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:20 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Pre-nerf Kael was the hardest fight in TBC, by far. Literally only a handful of top guilds killed him pre-nerf. You obviously didn't get to him before he was nerfed, but his pre-nerf is still considered one of the hardest WoW bosses to date.
#96 Jan 13 2011 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Quanta wrote:
MojoRysyn wrote:
I stop back here to see if you crazy internet people dig up information about the game and when it will be made into something playable.


I'm waiting for the same thing. I'm basically waiting for the post that says "They added instances!


So you are waiting for this game to be WoW?

I don't like instances. I ran into a group fighting the giant buffalo yesterday. It was cool to see them - in the open world - doing that content. XI never used much instanced content - I like that we are all in the game together... instead of each in our own little magical cave filled with our own private baddies
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#97 Jan 13 2011 at 12:28 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
PerrinofSylph, ****** Superhero wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
...and yes I will keep replying to WoW posts in this manner until the WoW posters are just as annoyed as the rest of us.


Except, in case you haven't noticed... the people who annoy us, ignore our posts in order to annoy us more.

Maybe it's time to start a campaign towards mass ignoring the biggest WoW post offenders. If enough of us jump on board they'll begin to wander why the **** nobody answers their posts.

I'll start w/ Souma here w/ the next WoW reply...

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 1:30pm by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#98Ostia, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:28 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Erm 40 man vs 25 man :) 40 man gives a lot more room for mistake's, errors, lag etc etc :)
#99 Jan 13 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
Invalice wrote:
Not that I don't agree with you on some level, but you aren't forced to read the complaints of anyone else, you do so by choice.

Also, making a complaint thread about complaining is likely to do nothing more than incite further complaining.


1- I am forced to read the complaints when they are in literally every single thread. The maintenance thread, the silly 3 word game thread by Mikhalia, advice threads...If a new poster just says, "Hi, I'm new here! Nice to meet you all" some jerk would reply by saying that the game isn't worth playing and that they shouldn't even bother starting. Some of you are acting like Veruca Salt, whining and whining for your squirrel/golden goose because you want it all right now. You're a bad nut/egg and you belong on a pile of three week old trash like she did.

[img=187103]

2- I already said, I'm not complaining. I get the frustration, and I'm not telling you that you can't be frustrated. I simply am offering perspective for the unhappy people who want to keep the FFXIV ZAM community from being as good as it could be. Complain to the feedback channels you've been provided with, not to the people who are just players, who have no control over fixing whatever it is you don't like.

taliph wrote:
No one is saying that any opinion is invalid, just that trolling (on either side of an argument) is and will continue to be counterproductive, and creates a hostile community.


Like I said in the OP, it's ok if you don't like the game, just quit spamming the same whiny, non-constructive crap here derailing every thread with WoW stuff or "who cares this game suck" remarks. No one is going to thank you if anything you whined about ever changes. No one will, because you will never be happy and just complain about something else. So I repeat:

Quote:
It doesn't matter how many bugs there are/aren't or how much content is enough content. If you find some friends, find something you can do together in this game that is available, and make a good time of it. I recently have been duoing with a LS-mate, and everything hasn't gone perfectly, we haven't gotten 30k (or even 10k) exp per hour, and I die on the last mob of almost every single behest/leve. It has been a blast, not because my circumstances were perfect, but because of the friend I have made and the fact that I'm having a great time enjoying their company. If you can find that here, this game will be amazing for you, no matter what ups and downs it goes through. If not, it's cool. Find some other game, sport, club, activity where you do find this. But for everyone's sake, you included, if it isn't fun, just walk away now. I wish you the best in your other endeavors.
____________________________
#100Ostia, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:30 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) what are you talking about ?
#101SoumaKyou, Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:31 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) 40-man was a lot more complicated. More fun, IMO.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (30)