Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Why is my screen all WTF!!!!Follow

#1 Jan 16 2011 at 10:14 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
So I'm running along and all of a sudden my screen wigs out. I can't really describe it... it was kinda like the terrain started to invert itself. not just upside down but weird... and color was off as well... w/e... so i log to player select screen... then back in... still the same.... so then I log all the way out and then back in..... same... so I restart... come back idk like an hr later.... still the same... this is on my win xp workstation has played fine since release etc. So I go upstairs to my win7 laptop thinking it has to be something wrong with THAT machine.... same thing... so I run my pathetic behind to a completely different zone... mind you I can't see anything in terms of direction just a discolored series of mountains while character is just sort of running in place.... I finally get to the marker on the minimap and then as i get further and further past the marker rather than seeing a tranquil green forest I see nothing but what little resemblance of a background environment I had dissolve into what looked to be little more than a dust storm and even that is a stretch of the imagination... no my friends I'm not making this up... and I figured since I'm pathetic enough to use the minimap to run ALLLLLL the way to the last known working zone I figured I may as well spend the time to document this small but meaningful moment of my life.
#2 Jan 16 2011 at 10:27 PM Rating: Default
*
131 posts
What the @#%^ did i just walk into?
First, use just one freaking period. Trust me, we'll understand the sentence has ended. Also, what are you trying to get from us?

Edited, Jan 16th 2011 11:28pm by KingKon
____________________________
Aurelius wrote:
I too recall the days of my childhood when an empty cardboard box and a little imagination could be one of the most entertaining things in the world. Of course, as my experiences evolved so too did my interests and my tastes in entertainment and while I could probably still find limited entertainment value in a large enough empty cardboard box, I certainly wouldn't pay someone a monthly fee for the privilege of access to it.
#3 Jan 16 2011 at 10:42 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Well it was actually an extremely run on sentence. But I do apologize I don't want anything from anyone. Just maybe some validation from another poor soul experiencing the same issues while they wait for a GM.
#4 Jan 16 2011 at 10:55 PM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
Ever since this recent "Emergency Update" I will experience a large artifact off to one side of the ferry in the water (Distorted polygon). It was fine before then.
____________________________

#5 Jan 17 2011 at 12:28 AM Rating: Good
**
395 posts
EazyEhieh wrote:
So I'm running along and all of a sudden my screen wigs out. I can't really describe it... it was kinda like the terrain started to invert itself. not just upside down but weird... and color was off as well... w/e... so i log to player select screen... then back in... still the same.... so then I log all the way out and then back in..... same... so I restart... come back idk like an hr later.... still the same... this is on my win xp workstation has played fine since release etc. So I go upstairs to my win7 laptop thinking it has to be something wrong with THAT machine.... same thing... so I run my pathetic behind to a completely different zone... mind you I can't see anything in terms of direction just a discolored series of mountains while character is just sort of running in place.... I finally get to the marker on the minimap and then as i get further and further past the marker rather than seeing a tranquil green forest I see nothing but what little resemblance of a background environment I had dissolve into what looked to be little more than a dust storm and even that is a stretch of the imagination... no my friends I'm not making this up... and I figured since I'm pathetic enough to use the minimap to run ALLLLLL the way to the last known working zone I figured I may as well spend the time to document this small but meaningful moment of my life.

Artifacts like that are usually graphics card issues.
Whether Driver related, DirectX related, or Hardware related, it's a graphics card issue of -some- kind.

It's near impossible to diagnose too, but you may find better luck going to something like the Nvidia or ATI forums and asking there.
I know I had some issues like this in Everquest II and I couldn't figure out why it was only in that game, but I eventually found out that it was because EQ2 was using a certain type of rendering method most games had abandoned so I never noticed the problem in other games. The problem was a faulty shader on my card but eventual driver updates seemed to make it go away.

Anyways try updating your drivers to the newest version.
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#6 Jan 17 2011 at 12:41 AM Rating: Good
*
81 posts
Heyyyyy!! I thought I was the only one experiencing the funky water pixels on one side of the boat. It was fine before patches and since the last patch I think the water has some weird pixelation occurring on one side of the boat only. The ocean on all other sides of the boat are fine, its just this one spot it looks weird. No idea why.
____________________________


#7 Jan 17 2011 at 1:30 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
260 posts
KingKon wrote:
What the @#%^ did i just walk into?
First, use just one freaking period. Trust me, we'll understand the sentence has ended. Also, what are you trying to get from us?

Edited, Jan 16th 2011 11:28pm by KingKon


You. You are EVERYTHING that is wrong with the karma system. How in the %$^# are you a guru? Pull your head out of your a$$ for 11 seconds and help out a fellow user. No wonder everyone thinks this game is garbage. If YOU are the shining example of an FFXIV player they may as well pull the plug now. Its no wonder this game is in the weeds with players like you. What a douche nugget.

-Teeg


____________________________
Why do gnats drop rat tails and lemurs drop gnat wings?
#8 Jan 17 2011 at 1:41 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Teegotaru wrote:
KingKon wrote:
What the @#%^ did i just walk into?
First, use just one freaking period. Trust me, we'll understand the sentence has ended. Also, what are you trying to get from us?

Edited, Jan 16th 2011 11:28pm by KingKon


You. You are EVERYTHING that is wrong with the karma system. How in the %$^# are you a guru? Pull your head out of your a$$ for 11 seconds and help out a fellow user. No wonder everyone thinks this game is garbage. If YOU are the shining example of an FFXIV player they may as well pull the plug now. Its no wonder this game is in the weeds with players like you. What a douche nugget.

-Teeg




Haha, i 100% agree with you. Seriously King, chill out. He's experiencing an issue with his game so he came to the forums to try and get some answers. There is absolutely zero reason to go off on him because you don't like his grammar.

As far as the graphis card issue, doesn't seem like that's the case if he's having the issue on multiple comps unless they have the same graphics card. It could be something server side, or something with your ISP possibly. I would submit a bug report through the Lodestone and see if you can't get it resolved that way.

Edited, Jan 17th 2011 2:43am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#9 Jan 17 2011 at 2:42 AM Rating: Good
*
74 posts
Teleport. and it should reset. A friend of mine had this issue and it has to do with being caught partly underground cause of a glitch. Logging will not solve the problem.
#10 Jan 17 2011 at 4:25 AM Rating: Good
**
441 posts
XXCyniCXX wrote:
Teleport. and it should reset. A friend of mine had this issue and it has to do with being caught partly underground cause of a glitch. Logging will not solve the problem.


i try all those methods, it does'nt really help, all my games work well except ffxiv, way way to many glitches going on here.
#11 Jan 17 2011 at 9:02 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
fallout386 wrote:
Heyyyyy!! I thought I was the only one experiencing the funky water pixels on one side of the boat. It was fine before patches and since the last patch I think the water has some weird pixelation occurring on one side of the boat only. The ocean on all other sides of the boat are fine, its just this one spot it looks weird. No idea why.



Yep, and it only happens during clear weather. Foggy and storming is just fine.
____________________________

#12 Jan 17 2011 at 4:05 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Thank you all for your helpful and supportive comments. A short time after I made the GM call they teleported so all is well and good. An even greater thanks to the people that addressed KingKon. For a second I was completely turned off to the whole community.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)