Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

The game's loot system is a huge jokeFollow

#1 Jan 20 2011 at 9:23 PM Rating: Default
41 posts
I just got this:

"Forces beyond your control prevent you from receiving the Allagan runestone - Althyk.
Report back to Koppo Aroppo."

Which is the stone for the Buccaneer's shirt.

Obviously I should have checked my inventory before opening the chest but I didn't.

So as a result the game just kills your runestone. Yes I know you can pick up unclaimed leve rewards at the aetheryte, but this isn't a leve reward, it's a chest reward. I have tried the aetheryte thing at more than one camp. It didn't appear in my loot list either, presumably because it's untradable.

So I called a GM and got an automated response saying "Unfortunately we are unable to assist you with your request since it falls outside the scope of our services. Please see FAQ on website etc."

So what exactly are GMs there for? In XI, if you lost a valuable item through no fault of your own the GMs would get it back to you. Just another example of their sh*tty customer service. Honestly, if I didn't already have a Buccaneer's shirt I'd probably be quitting the game right now.

So the lesson is, always check your inventory before opening a chest. I thought I was below 100 but I had picked up a random item shortly before.

Edit: It appears some people aren't reading the thread so perhaps this should be here. The game tells you to speak to that guy at the end of the leve regardless of how your leve went, it's a standard message. It's not telling me to speak to him because he might have an item for me. It is worth checking next time I see him however.

Edited, Jan 21st 2011 3:41am by XenorVerdix
#2 Jan 20 2011 at 10:32 PM Rating: Good
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
In XI, if you lost a valuable item through no fault of your own the GMs would get it back to you.

A dubious claim, but more importantly
Quote:
Obviously I should have checked my inventory before opening the chest but I didn't.

The loot system is undeniably poor, but even if GMs worked the way you think they should, this was still your fault.
#3 Jan 20 2011 at 10:45 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
while I feel for you, as that really does suck, that is most assuredly something that you should have been paying more attention to. In ffxi, if your inventory was full when stuff cleared the loot list, it dissappeared also. Or if your inventory was full and you broke your party, poof, it's gone.

Unfortunately this is just a case of "lesson learned". I don't quite understand why the loot system is a joke though. It seems to be working perfectly fine, and this was just human error.

Edited, Jan 21st 2011 2:24am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#4 Jan 20 2011 at 10:48 PM Rating: Default
41 posts
Did you even play XI?

Actually, nevermind this thread, I forgot ZAM is full of white knights who think everything in the game is perfect. It's opinions like "the game isn't broke, blame the player" that's preventing progress. I don't think you'll find an MMO out there that will destroy one of the rarest items in the game without warning.

Actually BartelX if you are solo in XI with a full inventory the item will go into your loot list.

Edited, Jan 20th 2011 11:50pm by XenorVerdix
#5 Jan 20 2011 at 11:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
676 posts
Quote:
"Forces beyond your control prevent you from receiving the Allagan runestone - Althyk.
Report back to Koppo Aroppo."

Just a hunch, but did you try talking to Koppo Aroppo with a cleared inventory afterwards? The majority of "lost" items can be reclaimed in some manner, so it seems odd that chest items would be the sole exception here. Missed leve rewards can be claimed by clearing your inventory then re-examining the aetherial node or the aetheryte in camp and all other drops go straight into your loot list to claim later.

Quote:
I don't think you'll find an MMO out there that will destroy one of the rarest items in the game without warning.
Believe me when I say they do exist. I will agree that it's a bit frustrating in the OPs case, and if it was genuinely irrecoverable then it's something the Devs need to sort out by ensuring such drops are placed in the loot list along with all the others.

A lot of people will groan about losing rare items, but I have to say that this was largely human error. Always check your inventory before claiming rewards!
____________________________

FFXI: Siren Server: Seiowan Lvl 99 WHM, SCH, BLM
FFXIV: Ragnarok Server: Lemuria Glitterhands All Classes 50
#6 Jan 20 2011 at 11:28 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
BartelX wrote:
while I feel for you, as that really does suck, that is most assuredly something that you should have been paying more attention to. In ffxi, if your inventory was full when stuff cleared the loot list, it dissappeared also. Or if your inventory was full when you were solo, poof, it's gone.

Unfortunately this is just a case of "lesson learned". I don't quite understand why the loot system is a joke though. It seems to be working perfectly fine, and this was just human error.


As was mentioned, if your inventory was full in FFXI and an item dropped, it would sit in the treasure pool for up to 5 minutes and give you time to sort your inventory or dump ****. It would poof and be gone in 5 minutes though. The exception was if it was a Rare/EX item, excluding consumables such as keys, and you had one ANYWHERE (inventory, safe, storage, etc) it wouldn't show up at all, whether your inventory was full or not.

But yeah. Fill up your inventory and go kill something. The loot will drop to the treasure pool.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#7 Jan 20 2011 at 11:29 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Quote:
I don't think you'll find an MMO out there that will destroy one of the rarest items in the game without warning.


Zodiac Spe-oh, an MMO. Hmm... can't think of one, but that's not to say they aren't out there.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#8 Jan 21 2011 at 12:49 AM Rating: Default
41 posts
I didn't try speaking to him, I just ran to the aetheryte thinking I'd pick it up there, which cancelled the leve. I don't know if I'd get it next time on that quest but I suppose it's worth trying. We did my run last.

At the end of the day we got two scenarios in-game:

I try to hand in a local leve and it tells me I can't receive my 500th silver ingots because my inventory is full and to come back later.

I try to pick up my rare loot and the game just destroys it because my inventory is full.

One of these is good design, the other is bad. I'll let people figure it out before blaming me.

Edited, Jan 21st 2011 1:50am by XenorVerdix
#9 Jan 21 2011 at 1:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
676 posts
Quote:
I didn't try speaking to him, I just ran to the aetheryte thinking I'd pick it up there, which cancelled the leve. I don't know if I'd get it next time on that quest but I suppose it's worth trying. We did my run last.

When something says "Return to XXX" you should really think about doing what is suggests. As I've mentioned, the majority of items I've found either go in a loot list or can be re-obtained by visiting an Aetheryte or similar. It stands to reason, then, that you probably would've been able to have your stone if you'd just talked to the appropriate NPC.
____________________________

FFXI: Siren Server: Seiowan Lvl 99 WHM, SCH, BLM
FFXIV: Ragnarok Server: Lemuria Glitterhands All Classes 50
#10XenorVerdix, Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 1:08 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Every time you complete a faction leve it will say report back to an NPC, normally I just run back to the aetheryte because it's faster than getting teleported. I didn't think of the possibility he may have it because I assumed it would just be at the aetheryte. It's possible he has it I guess. I will have to speak to him next time we do that leve.
#11 Jan 21 2011 at 1:21 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Quote:
Did you even play XI?


Yep, for 6 years.

Quote:
Actually BartelX if you are solo in XI with a full inventory the item will go into your loot list.


Yes, I know that. I'm saying if your loot list is full or if you were past the 5 minutes, or you broke your party. The way it works in FFXIV is very similar to the way it was in FFXI, only instead of the loot being distributed after 5 minutes, it auto-distributes if you cross one of their invisible server lines (ie, moving from outside of the city to inside). In looking back on my first post, I can see how my information could be percieved incorrectly, and I will edit it how it was meant to be said.

As for your issue, perhaps if you actually READ what the chatlog said "Report back to Koppo Aroppo", you'd have realized that he would have your item. I'm guessing since you didn't do that, and went to the Aetheryte instead, that it is gone for good. Maybe not, but if so, you have absolutely no one to blame but yourself. I WAS sympathetic to your cause, but not anymore.

Edited, Jan 21st 2011 2:25am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#12 Jan 21 2011 at 1:35 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
260 posts
to the OP, I really feel for you. The 'you should have been keeping track of your inventory' is a bulls#!t response as anyone who does a few different crafts and a few different melee/caster classes knows that the 300 spaces you have between retainers and personal inventory fills up SUPER fast.

However, I really want to hear the outcome of speaking to Koppo Aroppo. Please be sure to update the thread when you do whether the result is good or bad to get the info out to the playing population

Good luck!

-Teeg
____________________________
Why do gnats drop rat tails and lemurs drop gnat wings?
#13 Jan 21 2011 at 1:38 AM Rating: Default
41 posts
BartelX wrote:

As for your issue, perhaps if you actually READ what the chatlog said "Report back to Koppo Aroppo", you'd have realized that he would have your item. I'm guessing since you didn't do that, and went to the Aetheryte instead, that it is gone for good. Maybe not, but if so, you have absolutely no one to blame but yourself. I WAS sympathetic to your cause, but not anymore.


Right, if you are so certain that he has my item and I lost it due to not speaking to him afterwards I want you to go test it next time you do a faction.

How do you think the server would know he has an item to give me? If he has an item to give me, it will still be listed as such in the database in the same way checking an aetheryte will look for items you've failed to collect. In which case he'll give me it next time I speak to him.

Every faction will say report to someone whether it gives a reward or not, that doesn't mean the guy will have your reward. But go test it and prove your point. Fact is you know as much as me on the matter so get down off that horse.
#14 Jan 21 2011 at 1:44 AM Rating: Default
41 posts
Teegotaru wrote:
to the OP, I really feel for you. The 'you should have been keeping track of your inventory' is a bulls#!t response as anyone who does a few different crafts and a few different melee/caster classes knows that the 300 spaces you have between retainers and personal inventory fills up SUPER fast.

However, I really want to hear the outcome of speaking to Koppo Aroppo. Please be sure to update the thread when you do whether the result is good or bad to get the info out to the playing population

Good luck!

-Teeg


Yeah I was dodging close to 100/100 the whole night because I had a lot of crafting mats that need synthing. But really the game should be designed around this, it is for everything else.

Local leve quest inventory full - can't turn in leve.
Regional leve quest inventory full - reward kept for you.
Open chest during a leve - reward goes into loot list.
Synth when you're 100/100 - Item goes into loot list.
Synth a rare item when you already own it - Item goes into loot list.
Mine/log/fish when you are 100/100 and loot list full - Item at top of loot list is discarded.

So why no safeguards against this? It is a flaw whether people want to point the finger or not.

I won't get a chance to speak to that NPC again until sunday so whether I bother returning here depends if the thread has turned into a ********* or not. >.<
#15 Jan 21 2011 at 1:53 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Quote:
How do you think the server would know he has an item to give me? If he has an item to give me, it will still be listed as such in the database in the same way checking an aetheryte will look for items you've failed to collect. In which case he'll give me it next time I speak to him.


You might be right, who knows? All you can do is wait and see.

Quote:
Fact is you know as much as me on the matter so get down off that horse.


What horse? You messed up and immediately assumed it was the games fault, when you have no idea if that's the case. Pay more attention next time, or read your chat log. I haven't had this EXACT situation happen, but I've had a similar one in a faction leve. I had a chest that gave me 2 items, but I only had room for 1. The other one was waiting for me at the NPC when I got back to him, safe and sound. It might not be the perfect example, but I'd say it's close enough. Unlike you however, I actually read my chat log and knew to talk to the guy. Btw, why the heck would you go straight back to the aetheryte anyways? The guy you talk to gives you your money reward from the leve if there is any and ALSO tele's you back to the aetheryte. Seems like you were just being impatient.

Anyways, I'm afraid I won't be around to respond anymore tonight. It's time for bed.

Edited, Jan 21st 2011 2:55am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#16 Jan 21 2011 at 2:01 AM Rating: Default
**
451 posts
The loot system is inherently flawed. The fact that when you kill something, drops just go into your inventory whether you want them to or not is ridiculous. If you kill a mob that drops a Moko Grass, that Moko Grass is going in your inventory to take up space.
#17 Jan 21 2011 at 2:11 AM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
I say let it lye until he checks on sunday so we know the outcome either way, either the system is flawed or its user error and the GM could have been more helpful saying check the npc you numbty, until then no point in going all out on anyone.
____________________________


#18 Jan 21 2011 at 2:15 AM Rating: Default
41 posts
BartelX wrote:
Quote:
How do you think the server would know he has an item to give me? If he has an item to give me, it will still be listed as such in the database in the same way checking an aetheryte will look for items you've failed to collect. In which case he'll give me it next time I speak to him.


You might be right, who knows? All you can do is wait and see.

Quote:
Fact is you know as much as me on the matter so get down off that horse.


What horse? You messed up and immediately assumed it was the games fault, when you have no idea if that's the case. Pay more attention next time, or read your chat log. I haven't had this EXACT situation happen, but I've had a similar one in a faction leve. I had a chest that gave me 2 items, but I only had room for 1. The other one was waiting for me at the NPC when I got back to him, safe and sound. It might not be the perfect example, but I'd say it's close enough. Unlike you however, I actually read my chat log and knew to talk to the guy. Btw, why the heck would you go straight back to the aetheryte anyways? The guy you talk to gives you your money reward from the leve if there is any and ALSO tele's you back to the aetheryte. Seems like you were just being impatient.

Anyways, I'm afraid I won't be around to respond anymore tonight. It's time for bed.

Edited, Jan 21st 2011 2:55am by BartelX


On any leve, if the aetheryte is in viewing distance I run to it rather than get teleported across the screen. You still get your leve reward when you cancel the leve at the aetheryte crystal rather than the gate that appears or in this case Koppo. I wasn't to know he'd have my item, especially when thinking the aetheryte would be holding it.

Your situation does sound very similar, but I didn't know he holds the item for you. I will have to wait and see if he is holding this item next time I'm on the leve. I also sent SE an e-mail, maybe they will say something regarding it.

I didn't blame anyone but the bad design. Even if he is holding my item it's bad design because it doesn't tell me that.

Like I said before, it tells you to speak to that guy regardless of how your leve went, it's a standard message. It's not telling me to speak to him because he might have an item for me.
#19 Jan 21 2011 at 2:31 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,576 posts
As far as I know, the aetheryte only holds leve rewards until you log out or some other criteria. I know I've left items on the aetheryte after doing a leve and gone back the next day and it wasn't there for me to pick up.

As for the OP's scenario, I've done faction leves where my inventory was full when I completed the objectives and it was the NPC who gave me my goodies after I cleared out my inventory and talked to them again. You can fly off the handle at folks here for pointing out the obvious if it makes you feel better but the bottom line is that you were given instructions that you didn't follow and now your item is gone. I think the loot system is crap, too. The trouble is that corpses and chests as containers don't work so well with a controller. They work great with a mouse where you can easily target and right-click the container and if you haven't got space to store the lewtz you know right away and fixing the situation is intuitive and easy. But this is SE, and SE does things with consoles in mind. And knowing that, it's up to you to learn how to use the convoluted crap system. Now you know. Next time, follow the instructions you're given.
#20XenorVerdix, Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 2:39 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Wow, just wow.
#21 Jan 21 2011 at 3:02 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,576 posts
XenorVerdix wrote:
Wow, just wow.

How many times do I have to repeat:

"it tells you to speak to that guy regardless of how your leve went, it's a standard message. It's not telling me to speak to him because he might have an item for me."


So what? It told you to do something that you didn't do. You made an assumption, and you were wrong.

Quote:
Have you ever done a faction leve in a party? When you start the leve anyone in the party can go speak to the guy to get the quest moving. There's no reason not to assume anyone in the party can go speak to him at the end too. There's no message stating I can claim my reward there.

Since people obviously aren't reading the thread before posting I am going to edit my OP.


I think everyone has already read it, and what you're not getting is that regardless of what it "normally" says, it still told you to do something that you didn't do. And your choice not to do it was your second mistake after not checking your inventory before opening the chest. But then you have to go off into rage mode flailing at anyone who doesn't offer you a pat on the head and an e-hug and you get what you have here. Just a hint: if you keep it up, this thread is just going to continue to **** you off. Quit while you're ahead.
#22 Jan 21 2011 at 4:09 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Never mind crying about he faults of the game that do exist but crying about a mistake that you yourself did and then blaming the game is just a bit too much!

Learn to put your hand up and taking responsability for your actions!
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#23XenorVerdix, Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 6:44 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Ugh, you guys just don't get it. Keep white knighting, go on.
#24 Jan 21 2011 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
Op wrote:
I made a mistake and even admit that I made a mistake but I need to blame someone else fugafuh!


Yes the loot system can be better, yes for 8+ years XI had the same system, yes the GM will return the item to you if you have evidence of when it was lost/dropped to the exact second and only once in XI, yes you're indeed told to report after completion because for all intents and purposes you've completed it.

No it's not white knighting because people aren't up in arms about this along with you.

Also:

XenorVerdix wrote:


I try to hand in a local leve and it tells me I can't receive my 500th silver ingots because my inventory is full and to come back later.

I try to pick up my rare loot and the game just destroys it because my inventory is full.

One of these is good design, the other is bad. I'll let people figure it out before blaming me.


One is a leve reward.

One is a chest item, which is an item that can be lost like any other item if your inventory is full.

So bad design? Not so much because if its a chest item it's still an item that be lost like any other.



Edited, Jan 21st 2011 6:03am by Theonehio
____________________________

#25 Jan 21 2011 at 1:41 PM Rating: Default
41 posts
Once again, chest items are not normally lost when you have a full inventory, whether it be FFXIV or FFXI. They go to your loot list. The only other time the "forces beyond your control ..." message appears is when you try to finish a regional leve that has an item reward with a full inventory and it places the item at the aetheryte. Hence why I thought my runestone would be there.

This argument is getting retarded, the bottom line is it's bad design. The game should at minimum tell you that you are unable to claim the reward due to a full inventory AND tell you how to get it. I suggest some of you guys never get a job in the software industry. Could a mod please lock this **** already?
#26 Jan 21 2011 at 1:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
XenorVerdix wrote:
Once again, chest items are not normally lost when you have a full inventory, whether it be FFXIV or FFXI. They go to your loot list. The only other time the "forces beyond your control ..." message appears is when you try to finish a regional leve that has an item reward with a full inventory and it places the item at the aetheryte. Hence why I thought my runestone would be there.

This argument is getting retarded, the bottom line is it's bad design. The game should at minimum tell you that you are unable to claim the reward due to a full inventory AND tell you how to get it. I suggest some of you guys never get a job in the software industry. Could a mod please lock this sh*t already?



Because it's been pointed out that there's still human error involved..?
____________________________

#27 Jan 21 2011 at 1:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
XenorVerdix wrote:
Once again, chest items are not normally lost when you have a full inventory, whether it be FFXIV or FFXI. They go to your loot list. The only other time the "forces beyond your control ..." message appears is when you try to finish a regional leve that has an item reward with a full inventory and it places the item at the aetheryte. Hence why I thought my runestone would be there.

This argument is getting retarded, the bottom line is it's bad design. The game should at minimum tell you that you are unable to claim the reward due to a full inventory AND tell you how to get it. I suggest some of you guys never get a job in the software industry. Could a mod please lock this sh*t already?


The game did tell you how to get it. As everyone else has said, you just made the wrong assumption about the directions. </brokenrecord>

What you seem to be struggling to say is that the game should make it more obvious that the directions will also recover your item instead of trying to save lines not repeating the "Report to..." line twice.
#28 Jan 21 2011 at 4:28 PM Rating: Good
***
1,004 posts
While the 'lost items' scenario is terrible and I hope they have a way around it (in your particular situation I don't know that is the case, seems forever gone unless you are somehow able to receive help from a particularly kind GM).

HOWEVER, it beats the living **** out of having to pick up each individual item from enemies, and there are just as many problems that arise from that (aside from it being annoying as ****).
____________________________
Posting from just above the generator.
#29 Jan 21 2011 at 4:36 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
FUJILIVES wrote:
While the 'lost items' scenario is terrible and I hope they have a way around it (in your particular situation I don't know that is the case, seems forever gone unless you are somehow able to receive help from a particularly kind GM).

HOWEVER, it beats the living sh*t out of having to pick up each individual item from enemies, and there are just as many problems that arise from that (aside from it being annoying as ****).


Shift + Right-click is the standard interface command for loot-all. There aren't any problems that arise from it. And it alleviates the entire, "Uhhh...inventory was full...now where do I go to get my items?" issue.
#30 Jan 21 2011 at 5:55 PM Rating: Good
***
1,004 posts
Aurelius wrote:
FUJILIVES wrote:
While the 'lost items' scenario is terrible and I hope they have a way around it (in your particular situation I don't know that is the case, seems forever gone unless you are somehow able to receive help from a particularly kind GM).

HOWEVER, it beats the living sh*t out of having to pick up each individual item from enemies, and there are just as many problems that arise from that (aside from it being annoying as ****).


Shift + Right-click is the standard interface command for loot-all. There aren't any problems that arise from it. And it alleviates the entire, "Uhhh...inventory was full...now where do I go to get my items?" issue.


Except that it demands use of mouse to target and 'click' something you just killed. After playing several MMOs, including WoW and FFXI, I can tell you I favored FFXI's loot system over the tedious-as-sh*t looting of WoW (when looting takes longer than killing there's a problem)

And problems DO arise from shift-looting. If you play any MMO game to any level of 'raiding/alliancing/etc' down larger boss areas, you would be familiar with the accidental 'loot all' from habitual shift clicking, as well as the 'oh sh*t' ninja looting possible from claim-strained corpses. In a game where slaughtering large numbers of enemies, continuous looting of corpses also creates a bottleneck in kill-speed (causing loss of 'chains') as well as a 'what belongs to who and why' problem, where unless there is literally a dedicated 'master looter' the distribution of important or expensive items becomes extremely problematic and always leaves someone unhappy about the situation. God forbid your master looter has a wife that plays in the group, because someone is STILL going to get @#%^ed at some point - Drama ensues!

My point is not to be so quick to say the 'click-loot' is the be-all-end-all-answer, even in WoW where the looting is done really well items have been lost to the point of only GM's stepping in to help out via mailbox distribution, or the wrong people accidentally pick up the wrong things that set entire groups back days-or-more worth of work. And it took Bliz years to get to that point, it didn't start out even remotely as good and problem free as it is now.

The "temp overflow" of items in FFXI was plenty good, so a better implementation of that, as well as having regard for quest/chest rewards would probably be a better solution. Then again, getting and sending items to and from your mog-house in FFXI was a cumbersome system that I'm sure everyone could live without. There's nothing convenient about "oh sh*t, I forgot XXX in storage" and having to abandon all magic to go get it, when your moogles could magically transport those items to any major moogle-infested town somehow with ease - I see the concept/idea of a 'bank' for items as out of date. Being able to have a home to go to is one thing, but in games like these, especially if encouraging the multi-job aspect, would benefit largely from allowing you access to all your things, at all times.

Edited, Jan 21st 2011 6:56pm by FUJILIVES
____________________________
Posting from just above the generator.
#31 Jan 21 2011 at 6:16 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
XenorVerdix wrote:
The game's loot system is a huge joke

XenorVerdix wrote:
Obviously I should have checked my inventory before opening the chest but I didn't.


(| Hmmm. |)
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#32 Jan 21 2011 at 6:23 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
FUJILIVES wrote:

Except that it demands use of mouse to target and 'click' something you just killed. After playing several MMOs, including WoW and FFXI, I can tell you I favored FFXI's loot system over the tedious-as-sh*t looting of WoW (when looting takes longer than killing there's a problem)


Trion put in a nifty little feature for Rift that automatically loots all nearby corpses with one click. It's a pretty handy feature when you're standing over a pile of corpses. I dunno why you opted to pad a post with a mountain of hyperbole and unrelated nonsense about housing and loot drama, but whatever. If it takes you longer to right click on a corpse than it does for you to kill a mob, hand-eye coordination might be an area of opportunity for you to focus on.
#33 Jan 22 2011 at 4:11 AM Rating: Excellent
*
213 posts
pls don't use the term white knight, it let's everyone know you're an aper.
____________________________


#34XenorVerdix, Posted: Jan 22 2011 at 12:32 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I am guessing English isn't your first language because you appear to be having severe difficulties understanding simple words and keep repeating the same ******** despite being told otherwise. But it's hardly surprising that you do not know how faction quests work when your highest battle class is 27.
#35 Jan 22 2011 at 12:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
XenorVerdix wrote:

The amount of retards on mainstream sites like Zam and Core never ceases to amaze me


Someone pointed it out best:

KaneKitty wrote:
XenorVerdix wrote:
The game's loot system is a huge joke

XenorVerdix wrote:
Obviously I should have checked my inventory before opening the chest but I didn't.


(| Hmmm. |)


So calling other's retards because you're all angry over making a mistake Smiley: dubious
____________________________

#36 Jan 22 2011 at 5:51 PM Rating: Excellent
1 post
Once, I went to kill this Dodo, but then I died. FFXIV's battle system is a joke. Oh yeah, but before I went to fight, I forgot to check if I was full health. I was actually at 25%, but still, yeah. battle system = joke. /sarcasm.
#37 Jan 22 2011 at 6:02 PM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
XenorVerdix wrote:
The amount of retards on mainstream sites like Zam and Core never ceases to amaze me and is why many people avoid them.


Insults like this confuse me. You're obviously here posting on Zam, and so you're including yourself in this "******" group you mention. Do you realize you're insulting yourself as well as the rest of us? Is it supposed to be a joke; like "Haha, I just made fun of myself, I'm so funny."?

I'm neither amused nor insulted, so I guess I'm just confused. Maybe you can clear this up for me?
#38 Jan 22 2011 at 7:12 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Quote:
The amount of retards on mainstream sites like Zam and Core never ceases to amaze me and is why many people avoid them.


Pot, meet kettle.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#39 Jan 23 2011 at 6:49 AM Rating: Good
*
211 posts
What happened to the OP was unfortunate, and probably quite discouraging... And I can totally understand why he felt the need to come seek pity on these forums.

First of all, looking for pity alone will usually not get you the best response online... And when you couple that with insults and random blame towards everything but your own blunderings, it's just not going to end well.

The point is, you should be familiar with the basic fundamental mechanics of the game long before you stand to gain some of the more valuable items. Like needing inventory space available to obtain new items. Sorry you are absent minded enough to overlook something so simple, and that it cost you something so valuable.

Should runestones go to your loot pool if your inventory is full? Sure, seems like a good idea. But whose going to want to agree with you about it when you come on to a public forum crying for pity and insulting people and the game for which these forums are made. Nobody likes to agree with a douchebag, even if they know he's made a good point. That's your problem.

Oh wells, live and learn, and next time don't go hunting gear with a full inventory. Or ragequit... w/e floats yer' goat.
____________________________
PvR fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KYqooGHd2g




#40 Jan 23 2011 at 8:33 AM Rating: Excellent
XenorVerdix wrote:
Ravashack wrote:
The game did tell you how to get it. As everyone else has said, you just made the wrong assumption about the directions. </brokenrecord>

What you seem to be struggling to say is that the game should make it more obvious that the directions will also recover your item instead of trying to save lines not repeating the "Report to..." line twice.


I am guessing English isn't your first language because you appear to be having severe difficulties understanding simple words and keep repeating the same bullsh*t despite being told otherwise. But it's hardly surprising that you do not know how faction quests work when your highest battle class is 27.

The amount of retards on mainstream sites like Zam and Core never ceases to amaze me and is why many people avoid them. Unfortunately it's clueless people like you white knighting everything in the game that keeps the game in its current state. And now you have us about to be bouncing around like rabbits because hey, not being able to jump is one of the biggest issues with the game right now!



Dude...
____________________________

#41 Jan 24 2011 at 5:21 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
XenorVerdix wrote:

[Insert random flame]


I'm guessing paying attention must be really difficult for you, or you'd know that:

  • Even the 100 point faction quests pop a chest at the end, and that the chest can drop an item as well.


  • BartelX already said in this thread that he got his item back at the NPC on his faction leve.

  • By the way, did you know that being rank 33 in anything will unlock leves up to rank 40, including faction leves? The game doesn't care if it's an adventuring class or a crafting class or a gathering class.

    It's pretty surprising you don't even know how faction leves work--which you clearly don't if you're using rank as the measuring stick.

    #42XenorVerdix, Posted: Jan 27 2011 at 1:45 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Well, why should we need to know every little detail of how faction leves were coded just to avoid falling victim to their bad design? Why should I have wasted all my faction points on the old faction quests knowing NM factions were on the way? Why should I expect faction loot to be handled in a completely different way to every other situation that gives new loot? I'm still awaiting someone to verify the claim on runestones that the NPC will have it if their inventory is full, but none of you dare test it despite stating it as fact.
    #43 Jan 27 2011 at 9:41 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    ***
    1,235 posts
    Man, I read through this whole thread and at every corner there was a giant lit billboard telling me this record was skipping.

    Yet I read on till the end to tell myself **********, this record just keeps on skipping".

    Maybe I AM a Zam ******!
    ____________________________


    "Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
    This forum is read only
    This Forum is Read Only!
    Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
    Anonymous Guests (21)