Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Upcoming Patch - 1.15a Outline (01/27/2011)Follow

#52 Jan 27 2011 at 10:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,246 posts
Looks like they're finally fixing my main playability irks I've had since the Alpha.
I'll definately make another attempt to play after this update, and see how it goes.

The whole version update > Patch thing was really un-necessary though if you ask me...
____________________________
Meowth!
#53 Jan 27 2011 at 10:31 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Magnesium02 wrote:
¤ Changes to the frame rates of action animations to speed up gathering activities


I hope they don't mean that they're just playing things in fast motion... otherwise I'll have to queue up some Yackety-Sax.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#54 Jan 27 2011 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
**
395 posts
When Devs listened to WoWs players you ended up with WOTLK where the content was too easy for players, the game lacked any sort of challenge, even the raids.

When devs didn't listen to WoW players they had burning crusade where content was so hard few guilds or players did it, and chose to PVP instead.


Just saying it's tough to find a balance between the two.
This looks like a good update, I'm glad about these 4 most:
Quote:
Improvements to Guildleve-Related Information
The implementation of an in-game command which displays time remaining until the next leve renewal

Improvements to the Item Search Feature
The addition of prices displayed together with search results

Addition of a Head Gear Display Feature
The addition of a feature allowing players to graphically toggle on/off their headgear (without physically removing the item)

Adjustments to Skill Points
Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties


Edited, Jan 27th 2011 11:32am by Eadieni
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#55 Jan 27 2011 at 10:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
Eadieni wrote:
When Devs listened to WoWs players you ended up with WOTLK where the content was too easy for players, the game lacked any sort of challenge, even the raids.

When devs didn't listen to WoW players they had burning crusade where content was so hard few guilds or players did it, and chose to PVP instead.


Just saying it's tough to find a balance between the two.


I can agree with that. The point is, really, that Blizzard does actually take note of what players are saying for the most part. I can't really say the same for SE; they've always struck me as living in an ivory tower. Yoshi-P is the most I've ever seen them try to communicate in such a casual manner.

It'll be exciting once they get the official forums up, though I hope it's not just a marketing vehicle for them to "generate" positive feedback via "community" reps.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#56 Jan 27 2011 at 10:44 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
Ostia wrote:
WHERE IS THE CONTENT!?!?!


February, Ostia. February. Be sure to read closely next time!
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#57 Jan 27 2011 at 10:48 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
46 posts
I wish WoW didnt exist. Im sick of hearing about it.
#58 Jan 27 2011 at 10:58 AM Rating: Decent
**
821 posts
I'm mostly excited about the SP thing and the items stackable to 99(cause right now, I got loads of stuff sitting on my ret for future craft grinds which stack to 12...hope those will be one of those stackable to 99 then...will save me lots of space.

Map and Mini Map and stuff is nice, I get along with them as they are though, but every improvement, is an improvement, so I'm happy about anything thats getting better :)

I'm curious about the stuff not listed there though.

And since they usually not anounce a patch until 2-3 weeks before the patch goes live, I assume we will see this patch go live in 1-2 February week.

PS: They said they gonna implement Quests in february too, so I hope they can make that schedule and get it done til then, I'm willing to wait a bit longer though, as long as its good^^
#59 Jan 27 2011 at 11:17 AM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
A lot of great fixes! Curious if the faster gathering will be noticeable. Fishing is relaxing to do, but I hope there's slightly less waiting for bites, or faster animation when traits activate.

99 stacks is a big plus too! I can fish and gather tree stuff in one long trip now.
____________________________
[ffxisig]199910[/ffxisig]
#60 Jan 27 2011 at 11:22 AM Rating: Good
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
The point is, really, that Blizzard does actually take note of what players are saying for the most part.

Yoshi-P is the most I've ever seen them try to communicate in such a casual manner.


You do realize these two things have nothing in common, right? You don't have to talk back to take note of what the others are saying.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#61 Jan 27 2011 at 11:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
You do realize these two things have nothing in common, right? You don't have to talk back to take note of what the others are saying.


I would consider some sort of acknowledgement to be important when communicating with someone. Don't you?

Anyways, we're getting off-track.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#62 Jan 27 2011 at 11:37 AM Rating: Default
*
141 posts
Technically i didn't know parties ware so much troubles about that O.o I don't mind leaves etc. gives me good EXP and more fun that when i was grinding pointlessly for half a month in one location...

I'd say give me party and solo oriented quests that would be fun (or both connected like I'd say 50 or 80% objectives i do in solo mode for the story etc. then I'm making a party for the rest like a big bad boss fight which i can go solo of cores with an tactical approach or take a party and make Zergrush on him :3

Tiger228 wrote:
I say make both viable, and let people do what they want.


Yeah that's a good thinking, just i hope people will do both and you will find variation in that, not that you will be forced to do one or another... i don't like this the same as i hate killing mobs aimlessly((without any objectives)) for hours...

Well we will see, I'm open minded i can adapt :3 i just hope they won't make it worst cuss when i love something, and someone make something i don't like out of it, I'm starting to ***** so loud that even Moon is hearing me out ^.^
#63 Jan 27 2011 at 11:40 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times:

There are two ways to ruin your game. The first is to give your players whatever they want and the second is to ignore them.

There's a HUGE difference between "listening to what your customers want and letting them have it" and "giving your customers whatever they want".

There's also a huge difference between fixing things that NEED to be fixed when people tell you they're broken versus changing things that are fine because people complain.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#64 Jan 27 2011 at 11:43 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
I would consider some sort of acknowledgement to be important when communicating with someone. Don't you?


That's what the version updates are for, in my opinion.

In either case, more than that is only necessary when the players aren't happy with the product in question. So it's logical for them to talk back at this point.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#65 Jan 27 2011 at 11:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
¤ A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items


Please oh please, sweet merciful Flying Spaghetti Monster, let it be Moko Grass, Cotton Bolls, various animal hides and leathers.
#66 Jan 27 2011 at 11:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Quote:
Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
¤ A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items


Please oh please, sweet merciful Flying Spaghetti Monster, let it be Moko Grass, Cotton Bolls, various animal hides and leathers.


no kidding


also im gonna make a prediction

even if they double SP gains in parties, people will STILL complain its not enough
____________________________


#67 Jan 27 2011 at 12:02 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
Magnesium02 wrote:


Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
¤ A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items

Improvements to Gathering
¤ Changes to the frame rates of action animations to speed up gathering activities



YAY. Maybe now I won't have 4 slots in my inventory taken up with black pepper... cause lumber stacks to 99 but pepper only stacks to 12? WTF? And given it costs 3K+ from the npc I am not really into tossing it... surprisingly enough.

Edited, Jan 27th 2011 10:03am by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#68 Jan 27 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
15 posts
Great start, but I'm concerned about the SP adjustments. I'm all in favor for it of course, as this is one of the major reasons I've stopped playing completely. Fixing this is an important step in improving socialization, and addresses one of the comments Yoshi-P made about the world being "too quiet."

My thoughts are, can you really adjust SP without adjusting item deterioration at the same time? The same with the Fatigue system... I'd hope that this is something they should be adjusting/removing (please) at the same time. Does this make sense to anyone else?

I feel to set a positive precedence, things just have to be done right, or you'll still have an annoying system with people complaining about the same problem, just in a different way.

Hopefully these make the list as a couple of the other changes that are planned for this patch that just weren't mentioned as "significant changes," but I'd think these are just that as they will still have an impact on party play.
#69 Jan 27 2011 at 12:15 PM Rating: Decent
*
146 posts
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?
#70 Jan 27 2011 at 12:16 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
northernsky wrote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?


Yeah some people complained
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#71 Jan 27 2011 at 12:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,033 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times:

There are two ways to ruin your game. The first is to give your players whatever they want and the second is to ignore them.

There's a HUGE difference between "listening to what your customers want and letting them have it" and "giving your customers whatever they want".

There's also a huge difference between fixing things that NEED to be fixed when people tell you they're broken versus changing things that are fine because people complain.

Well said.
#72 Jan 27 2011 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
*
146 posts
OGBalbanes wrote:
Great start, but I'm concerned about the SP adjustments. I'm all in favor for it of course, as this is one of the major reasons I've stopped playing completely. Fixing this is an important step in improving socialization, and addresses one of the comments Yoshi-P made about the world being "too quiet."

My thoughts are, can you really adjust SP without adjusting item deterioration at the same time? The same with the Fatigue system... I'd hope that this is something they should be adjusting/removing (please) at the same time. Does this make sense to anyone else?

I feel to set a positive precedence, things just have to be done right, or you'll still have an annoying system with people complaining about the same problem, just in a different way.

Hopefully these make the list as a couple of the other changes that are planned for this patch that just weren't mentioned as "significant changes," but I'd think these are just that as they will still have an impact on party play.


Don't expect to see every problem solved in the 1st patch.
#73 Jan 27 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Decent
*
146 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
northernsky wrote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?


Yeah some people complained


Any idea why?
#74 Jan 27 2011 at 12:36 PM Rating: Excellent
northernsky wrote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?


Does every change have to be due to complaints? I'm sure SE received some feedback about it, but to me it just seems like a nice option to have. Seems point enough for me! Smiley: cool
#75 Jan 27 2011 at 12:37 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
northernsky wrote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?


Does every change have to be due to complaints? I'm sure SE received some feedback about it, but to me it just seems like a nice option to have. Seems point enough for me! Smiley: cool


I don't care either way but I will be availing myself of this option when wearing some of the uglier looking headpeices
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#76 Jan 27 2011 at 12:41 PM Rating: Excellent
*
204 posts
northernsky wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
northernsky wrote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?


Yeah some people complained


Any idea why?
Generally people identify their character in an MMO (and many other games) mostly by the face and hairstyle they've chosen.

In a game where body types aren't particularly varied within a given race and the control you do have over your character's looks are mostly limited to the head, it becomes even more important than usual, and even in real life people mostly know each other by their faces. Beyond that, the game itself is viewed from behind your own character so your hairstyle and color are the most recognizable part of your own characters. They're what make your character yours basically.

Thus headgear is by far the most character-obscuring piece of equipment in any MMO. If you put on a different piece of armor then you're just changing your outfit, but if you put on a full helm or a mask you're covering up your individuality and personal style.

Also, those damned cloth coifs just do not look good on anyone.
____________________________
The More You Know 三☆
#77 Jan 27 2011 at 12:42 PM Rating: Excellent
*
59 posts
OGBalbanes wrote:

My thoughts are, can you really adjust SP without adjusting item deterioration at the same time? The same with the Fatigue system... I'd hope that this is something they should be adjusting/removing (please) at the same time. Does this make sense to anyone else?


I must say that I think like probably everyone else that gear in general (but mostly weapons) deteriorate too fast, but I like the repair system as it makes the game more realistic. I mean when you use something, it gets "damaged" and eventually it will break. Weapons and armors in a fighting situation should not get used, damaged and broke?

If they slow the deterioration rate and make party play viable, I don't see that as a problem at all. I can repair almost all my gear and for what I can't repair, my party members will most probably be able to repair it.

northernsky wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
northernsky wrote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?


Yeah some people complained


Any idea why?


Because some headgear look terrible like my crafting headgear and I'd rather look at my nice haircut while crafting.
____________________________

#78 Jan 27 2011 at 12:46 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
TheMoreYouKnow wrote:


Also, those damned cloth coifs just do not look good on anyone.


Yeah that is the headgear I had in mind with my last comment. I wasn't clamouring for this feature but I will be happy to never have to be seen in a coif again
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#79 Jan 27 2011 at 12:48 PM Rating: Excellent
*
211 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Quote:
Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
¤ A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items


Please oh please, sweet merciful Flying Spaghetti Monster, let it be Moko Grass, Cotton Bolls, various animal hides and leathers.

****, cotton bolls stacking to 99 would have been so great a while back... Or even better, Flax... Seriously, I saved like dozens and dozens of stacks of that stuff up the whole time I was leveling weaver after like 25 or so... Had to make a whole new mule char just to hold it all... Man, would have been sooo much nicer to have it stack to 99. XD

But I can see leather being made to stack to 99, that one in particular would make a lot of sense, and would be a huge help for skilling up. If there's one thing worth changing the stack size of, it's leathers. 2nd in line imo is cooking mats and cotton/flax/grass... Maybe fleece too, though atm there isn't much need for wool/karakul yarn in mass, but I'm sure it'll be handy later on. Everything else would be nice, but doesn't really seem essential.

To be brutally honest though, I feel spoiled as all **** for even talking about this... I still remember starting FFXI with an inventory of like 30 slots total, and ore/logs didn't stack... Everything that did only stacked to 12... There were no retainers with 100 slots, just a 50 slot mog house and the expensive upgrades and gobbie bags, which needed tons of fame to get.

So really, relatively speaking, I'm extremely appreciative of what we already have inventory wise. 300 slots on one char of any level, and everything but gear stacking to 12/99? Geez that's a nice change of pace. XD

northernsky wrote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?

I never once complained about this, but I'll admit, I did completely rule out certain gear choices purely based on cosmetics. The coifs, witch hats, dunce hats, full masks, scarfs, and I think some others. Pretty much only wore circlets, half masks, pink linen wedge hat, and the silver tricorne for a brief time for that pirate-y look. ^.^

Oh, and btw, it's a very standard feature in WoW, so I'm guessing a lot of people probably got the idea from there. Not a bad feature though, I see no harm in tossing it in. Though I'd much prefer they fix earrings on seeker of the moons, because they haven't shown up ever since one of the patches last year... They worked fine at launch, but now my earrings are invisible... grrr.
____________________________
PvR fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KYqooGHd2g




#80 Jan 27 2011 at 12:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*
146 posts
TheMoreYouKnow wrote:
northernsky wrote:
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
northernsky wrote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?


Yeah some people complained


Any idea why?
Generally people identify their character in an MMO (and many other games) mostly by the face and hairstyle they've chosen.

In a game where body types aren't particularly varied within a given race and the control you do have over your character's looks are mostly limited to the head, it becomes even more important than usual, and even in real life people mostly know each other by their faces. Beyond that, the game itself is viewed from behind your own character so your hairstyle and color are the most recognizable part of your own characters. They're what make your character yours basically.

Thus headgear is by far the most character-obscuring piece of equipment in any MMO. If you put on a different piece of armor then you're just changing your outfit, but if you put on a full helm or a mask you're covering up your individuality and personal style.

Also, those damned cloth coifs just do not look good on anyone.


Exactly the answer I was looking for, I did not see it this way. thanks

I was absolutely not complaining about the fact that they added useless stuff, was just wondering why they did it.

Edit: lol @ the coifs



Edited, Jan 27th 2011 1:54pm by northernsky
#81 Jan 27 2011 at 12:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Part of the problem with the headgear is the animation of putting a weapon on your back has your weapon and sticking right through your hat. I also stick my hand right through my Canvas hat everytime I do a weaving synth. Very anti-immersive.

Option to turn off the hat and still get the stat bonus/defense will be fine with me. I would prefer that I could actually wear the hat visibly and carry a staff and instead some thought went into how objects on the body interact. *shrug* Not a priority, so this easier to implement fix is welcome.

99 stacks of cotton bolls (Yes, Please).

#82 Jan 27 2011 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
How wonderful to know.

I pointed out the disorienting minimap problem in beta. I will assume they never got to it until now because of the huge heap of moron **** they had to shovel out of the beta report thread.
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#83 Jan 27 2011 at 1:10 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,246 posts
I think the whole headgear thing has always been in the coding, but they just never activated it. In one of the earlier Making of Eorzea talked about being able to have headgear open an closed without any strain on processing because of the way they coded it.

____________________________
Meowth!
#84 Jan 27 2011 at 1:10 PM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
northernsky wrote:
OGBalbanes wrote:
Great start, but I'm concerned about the SP adjustments. I'm all in favor for it of course, as this is one of the major reasons I've stopped playing completely. Fixing this is an important step in improving socialization, and addresses one of the comments Yoshi-P made about the world being "too quiet."

My thoughts are, can you really adjust SP without adjusting item deterioration at the same time? The same with the Fatigue system... I'd hope that this is something they should be adjusting/removing (please) at the same time. Does this make sense to anyone else?

I feel to set a positive precedence, things just have to be done right, or you'll still have an annoying system with people complaining about the same problem, just in a different way.

Hopefully these make the list as a couple of the other changes that are planned for this patch that just weren't mentioned as "significant changes," but I'd think these are just that as they will still have an impact on party play.


Don't expect to see every problem solved in the 1st patch.


well we dont have all the patch notes yet, it does say "some of the changes" so when they reveal more it might be in there. Dont count it out just yet ....just like im not counting out them taking it out all together >.>;
#85 Jan 27 2011 at 1:25 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:
WHERE IS THE CONTENT!?!?!


February, Ostia. February. Be sure to read closely next time!


Ah! Ok ok i saw the word content, and then just bug fixes or w/e <.<

FEBRUARRY GET HERE SOON!
____________________________
MUTED
#86 Jan 27 2011 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
Ostia wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Ostia wrote:
WHERE IS THE CONTENT!?!?!


February, Ostia. February. Be sure to read closely next time!


Ah! Ok ok i saw the word content, and then just bug fixes or w/e <.<

FEBRUARRY GET HERE SOON!



also if you read the post, the listed stuff is what is finished and ready to go in(which hints that they could finish up evenmore before the patch)

im guessing we will get this stuff next week though
____________________________


#87 Jan 27 2011 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
I think I'm looking forward to the improvements of the chat box the most. It's pretty sloppy right now. Crossing my fingers for a "hold" option for specific chats like what was available in XI. :)

Go, update!
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#88 Jan 27 2011 at 1:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,004 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
Just a comment on your numbering, we'll probably see 1.15b, 1.16, 1.17 etc. A jump to 1.2 would typically indicate a major version update such as an expansion.


Yeah that could very well be the case. I only assumed the release version was 1.0 to them, and so far they've come to 1.15, and that the release of an expansion could bring it to something like 2.0?

That all depends, developers do funny things with version numbers like going from version 1.9 to version 1.10. 1.10 being the newer version. Typically an update to the number left of the decimal indicates and entirely new piece of software, in this case FFXV or something.


normally you would be right, however the number they used is 1.15a. your idea would work if they had used 14.15a, since ff14 is the newest software.

from what i know about version numbers, because i am a network administrator, the number before the decimal is either for expansion packs, or major patches that add storyline quests along with other things. the numbers after the decimal are the smaller changes before the next major patch is released.

if you wanted to break it down it could possibly be this: expansion/major update (1.) . major update/patch (1) , small changes (5) , changes to the small changes (a)

Edited, Jan 27th 2011 2:44pm by Keysofgaruda
#89 Jan 27 2011 at 1:50 PM Rating: Decent
**
266 posts
Quote:
Todays Lodestone post on the upcoming update is missing some vital information from the Japanese version...

The paragraph at the beginning:

"Several of the scheduled improvements mentioned in last week's letter from the producer are nearing completion. The following is a list of some of the most significant changes"

In Japanese it's this:

"第1回プロデューサーレターにてお知らせしております、操作性や利便性向上のためのシステム変更などの内容を含めたパッチ1.15a(※)の公開を2月上旬に予定しています。"

The bit that's bolded for Japanese?
Mentions the 1.15a is planned for somewhere in the first ten days of February (上旬 = first ten days of the month)...

#90 Jan 27 2011 at 1:51 PM Rating: Excellent
*
175 posts
I'm very happy about this patch! Especially the Party SP fix ^^
____________________________
BST90/BLM90/RDM75/WHM80/BRD75/NIN75/SMN75/THF75/WAR75; Goldsmithing 93; Fishing 100; Ebisu Rod.
#91 Jan 27 2011 at 1:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
Keysofgaruda wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
Just a comment on your numbering, we'll probably see 1.15b, 1.16, 1.17 etc. A jump to 1.2 would typically indicate a major version update such as an expansion.


Yeah that could very well be the case. I only assumed the release version was 1.0 to them, and so far they've come to 1.15, and that the release of an expansion could bring it to something like 2.0?

That all depends, developers do funny things with version numbers like going from version 1.9 to version 1.10. 1.10 being the newer version. Typically an update to the number left of the decimal indicates and entirely new piece of software, in this case FFXV or something.


normally you would be right, however the number they used is 1.15a. your idea would work if they had used 14.15a, since ff14 is the newest software.

from what i know about version numbers, because i am a network administrator, the number before the decimal is either for expansion packs, or major patches that add storyline quests along with other things. the numbers after the decimal are the smaller changes before the next major patch is released.

if you wanted to break it down it could possibly be this: expansion/major update (1.) . major update/patch (1) , small changes (5) , changes to the small changes (a)

not necessarily, I was thinking this could be 1.xx because FFXIV is the first game made with the new version of crystal tools. but it' snot really that important anyway. What is important is those party SP changes :P

I'm just hoping we get to see the changes before the 6th. That would be a great birthday present!

Edited, Jan 27th 2011 2:59pm by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#92 Jan 27 2011 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
**
618 posts
Magnesium02 wrote:
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

Patch 1.15a Outline (01/27/2011)



Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
¤ A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items

Improvements to the Item Search Feature
¤ The addition of prices displayed together with search results

Addition of a Head Gear Display Feature
¤ The addition of a feature allowing players to graphically toggle on/off their headgear (without physically removing the item)


Adjustments to Skill Points
¤ Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties


FUN FACT:
As of today, game versions will be assigned alphanumeric values (eg. 1.15a). In addition, what for the past decade have been known to players of online FINAL FANTASY titles as "version updates" shall henceforth be referred to as "patches."


Nice little read, one thing pops into my mind as others have stated all rdy... especially with the part I have in bold in the quote. After reading that i was like lol..... WoW does that. The only other online games i have played was FFxi & WoW along with FFxiv so dont know if other online games have or do that feature.

With the fun fact at the end, perhaps this new blood is what we all needed. Someone who has past experience in other mmo's or listening to what the player base really is asking for. The part i put in bold could of waited until they implement the ability to change your hair style. Either way its a good start.

____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#93 Jan 27 2011 at 3:34 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
378 posts
In the letter from the director it was mentioned the first update would be early february, and given that the valentione's day event starts on february 1st, that is most likely going to be when we see the patch.

I do like seeing the sp in parties change... but to me that still doesn't seem like enough. Granted, until we actually see what changes are implemented we really won't know how it works, but the problem with the sp system right now is so much greater than a faulty party mechanic.

The wording almost brings to mind alterations to the party bonus mechanic which, frankly, could be anything from altering what level range works for party bonus to just an increase in party bonus in general, neither of which will really fix the issue.

I'd much rather see an overhaul to how sp is gained overall, as well as a retooling of progression rates. Since right now, post rank 20 hardly anything is worth the time and effort, party or not.

Still, I'm tentatively excited...
____________________________

Retainer: Ferthmart
FFXI: Ferth - Cerbereus Nee Hades Nee Leviathan.
#94 Jan 27 2011 at 3:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
539 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
TheMoreYouKnow wrote:


Also, those damned cloth coifs just do not look good on anyone.


Yeah that is the headgear I had in mind with my last comment. I wasn't clamouring for this feature but I will be happy to never have to be seen in a coif again


First thing that came to mind was a sugarloaf hat. Those things look so ridiculous on my miqote ><
____________________________


#95 Jan 27 2011 at 3:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
F3rth wrote:
Since right now, post rank 20 hardly anything is worth the time and effort, party or not.

Not true, I can get 50k sp in a matter of a couple hours running leves with my LS at rank 42. But you can't do that outside of leves, so I hope that is what they are addressing. Leve SP doesn't need to be touched.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#96Rankin657, Posted: Jan 27 2011 at 4:03 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Meh it looks like a start thats all they have a very long way to go before I am interested enough to log back in again
#97 Jan 27 2011 at 4:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
12 to 99 thats great for a person who only have 25 slots when he leaves town.Smiley: smile
____________________________





#98 Jan 27 2011 at 4:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
Quote:
Serious question: What's the point for headgear?

I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about that, but I presume there has to be some complaining behind this move?


contrary to popular belief, they are not just now adding the no head gear feature, it was actually implimented from the start (in the games scripts when myself and others were dat mining), it just wasnt activate-able.
in fact it was found and posted here on zam a few months ago.

they probly just turned the switch to on to allow people to use it since they were dealing with their in house politics for the past while.

Quote:
Nice little read, one thing pops into my mind as others have stated all rdy... especially with the part I have in bold in the quote. After reading that i was like lol..... WoW does that. The only other online games i have played was FFxi & WoW along with FFxiv so dont know if other online games have or do that feature.


ive played tons of MMOs for the **** of it, the average MMO has the feature for the past like 8 years lol even dragon age origins has it, doesnt diablo II have that feature? i could be wrong since i dont play but i thought ive heard people talk about it.

Edited, Jan 27th 2011 5:24pm by pixelpop
____________________________

#99 Jan 27 2011 at 4:22 PM Rating: Default
*
52 posts
I honestly can't think of anything that shouldn't be available in a stack of 99. So I hope everything stackable is stacked to 99.

I'm not terribly excited about the cost of the item being displayed alongside my search results. My greatest irritation with the wards is still that I have to go hunt down the retainer in whatever room it's hiding in, and I don't see that being solved with anything other than a menu from which I can buy items from directly.

Obviously any "improvement" to party SP will be appreciated.

I don't craft so I don't really care about how fast you can hammer your hammers either =D
#100 Jan 27 2011 at 4:25 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
TheMoreYouKnow wrote:


Also, those damned cloth coifs just do not look good on anyone.


Yeah that is the headgear I had in mind with my last comment. I wasn't clamouring for this feature but I will be happy to never have to be seen in a coif again


Somewhere, an artist is banging his hands upon the keyboard in futility, crying to himself, "But I tried so hard to give them realistic coifs!"
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#101 Jan 27 2011 at 4:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
539 posts
WarkupoZ wrote:
I honestly can't think of anything that shouldn't be available in a stack of 99. So I hope everything stackable is stacked to 99.

I'm not terribly excited about the cost of the item being displayed alongside my search results. My greatest irritation with the wards is still that I have to go hunt down the retainer in whatever room it's hiding in, and I don't see that being solved with anything other than a menu from which I can buy items from directly.

Obviously any "improvement" to party SP will be appreciated.

I don't craft so I don't really care about how fast you can hammer your hammers either =D


For me this is quite exciting, but only because it will make it easier to see what others are selling their items for. I don't buy much, but I do sell alot in the market wards. Having a fast way to compare prices will be quite wonderful.

But, for those who don't craft . . I can understand the indifference
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)