Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

why are repairs so expencive Follow

#1 Jan 29 2011 at 11:03 PM Rating: Good
18 posts
I am a MAR rank 20 LVL 16. I had 25000 Gil. I go to get repair my equipment and I could not finish because I was 300 Gil short. It seems every time I get repairs it cost more. even with the same equipment. I would see that my equipment needs repair I would continue to grind for a wile 1/2 to 1 hour. But last time as soon as I see I need repair I went to town to get repairs and 25000 could not cover it. Why should repairs cot so much? Were dose tat money go? This game has enough problem keeping there players form saying the **** with it
____________________________
Bodger
#2 Jan 29 2011 at 11:10 PM Rating: Excellent
25,000 gil isn't a lot of money really. Are you wearing gear that's far above your rank? higher level gear costs much more to repair.

Try having your gear fixed by players rather than the NPC. Also focus on making gil through Guildleves and selling off loot from battle.
#3 Jan 29 2011 at 11:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
48 posts
NPC repair only gets more and more expensive, and just repairs up to 75%.

Put up your stuff on bazaar(Seek Repair) at reasonable prices(1~5k each piece, depending on the rank/material) and wait for any crafter to repair it(repairs up to 100%, and it's affordable).

Also, use opt rank gear.

PS: For MRD R20, 1~2k for each piece of equipment is quite ok IMHO.
PPS: expencive lolwhat.

Cheers.
____________________________
#4 Jan 29 2011 at 11:13 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Bodger wrote:
Why should repairs cot so much? Were dose tat money go?


Are you questioning the legitimacy of a gil-sink, or the fact that your tax-coins aren't going to work paving roads through Gridania's messy forest?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#5 Jan 29 2011 at 11:18 PM Rating: Decent
*
69 posts
Seek repairs at the entrance of the market wards.

Go to ffxiv.yg.com ,check the server or global price of the required item for repair,and offer 25/50% more.

Or just do your 8 local leves every reset,i have lvled my crafts with almost zero grind,just leves.
____________________________


#6 Jan 30 2011 at 12:26 AM Rating: Decent
18 posts
I have only 1 thing above my rank, a silver choker R 29 the rest
bronze labrys R 10
Sheepskin Harness R 13
Rope belt R 6
Cotton work gloves R 17
Sheepskin Subligar R 13
Padded Sheepskin Duckbills R 11
Cotton Turban R 18
2 Brass Earrings R 18
2 Brass rings R 18
Silver choker R 29

I did not know there were players doing repairs. I thought I was paying through the nose to an NPC. (That sounds raciest) But NPCs are not people. There is no one there.
I think that some of the items I am repairing cost *** much or more than I payed for them in the first place. and when you consider you have to repair after every hour or so of playing.
____________________________
Bodger
#7 Jan 30 2011 at 1:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Because if you repair at 72% your paying about 95% of what you pay the NPC if you let your armor get under 50% damage I learned that the hard way months ago.There's no real savings if you go to the NPC with less damage items.Smiley: frown
____________________________





#8 Jan 30 2011 at 6:02 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
I would say to use the bazar funtion to get your items repaied and really only repair when u get to red (under 25%).

Also, dont forget u can use a retainer to leave gear on Mender's Ward to get repaired over night!
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#9 Jan 30 2011 at 6:14 AM Rating: Decent
*
169 posts
NPC repair only use to fix start gear, after get to the r10+ thing become expensive and noticeable
#10 Jan 30 2011 at 7:45 AM Rating: Default
18 posts
How do I know what items need repair? Body, Hands, weapon, ect. I don't see any indication.
____________________________
Bodger
#11 Jan 30 2011 at 8:13 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
58 posts
Quote:
Are you questioning the legitimacy of a gil-sink, or the fact that your tax-coins aren't going to work paving roads through Gridania's messy forest?


lol. XD

Quote:
How do I know what items need repair? Body, Hands, weapon, ect. I don't see any indication.


Off the top of my head, I think you go where you put your gear on. In there you should see on each slot, I think colours indicating how much wear, yellow for example. If you highlight the item or I think even in your inventorary theres like a meter at the bottom with a percentage, looks a bit like a wireless signal.
____________________________


FFXI: Poegle 75NIN,75THF,75SAM Fairy :: Retired
FFXIV: Jibba Jabba - Wutai
#12 Jan 30 2011 at 8:14 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
48 posts
Bodger wrote:
How do I know what items need repair? Body, Hands, weapon, ect. I don't see any indication.


http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=8e174aef30f8e990495334bbe00fa5ee1e4b5f36
____________________________
#13 Jan 30 2011 at 8:24 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
If you choose to use the repair NPC, don't get your stuff repaired until it's down to 0%. Don't worry, your item wont become unusable. It's much cheaper in the long run to use other crafters to repair your stuff. Once you get to higher levels R30+, you'll laugh at how much it costs to repair your stuff at the NPC. It gets to be well over 100k+ PER an item. R20 stuff will be repaired fairly quickly if you put it up for 1 or 2k. I get my stuff repaired for around 5-7k and that's equipment at R39.
____________________________
#14 Jan 30 2011 at 10:35 AM Rating: Decent
*
205 posts
I usually carry 2 or 3 weapons around my rank. When one gets low I put it up for repair in my bazaar. Usually 500 to 1500. Just stand at a lodestone or ask the cracters around in /say plus auto translate.

if you do behests and battleleves you should be making 100s of 1000s of gil and spending verry little
____________________________
Hephaistion - Elvaan M Ragnarok Server (Retired)
75 BRD / 55 WHM / 42 BLM / 37 NIN / 37 WAR / 37 THF / 33 BST

Khane Hume M Ragnarok Server (Retired)
61 DRK / 37 WAR / 37 THF / 37 WHM / 22 BLM / 22 BST / 18 NIN

Rakaryth (Retired) - 80 Tauren Druid Feral Tank - Eredar

#15 Jan 30 2011 at 10:40 AM Rating: Excellent
*
211 posts
Local leves will give you loads of SP for craft jobs, allowing you to get them to 15ish with no mats fairly quickly. Do that for the crafts that repair your most important items.

To repair an item, you must have the craft at least 10 levels below the items optimal rank. So for a rank 11 piece of gear, a rank 3 or 4 craft will fix it pretty easily, and you can get that in a couple local leves. 1-10 really is super easy, and lets you fix gear up to rank 20. Push it a few levels higher if you can, up to 20 or so if you don't plan on crafting, and higher if you do.

It will more than pay for the hassle of doing it, just from self repairs in the field on all your low lvl jobs. Plus, all you need is a weathered tool, then you can just do local leves... Don't even need mats... And you will earn crystals/gil/mats for turning the leves in.

That's by far the best advice I got for you, but if you insist on not touching a craft, even to rank 10, than at least get used to seeking repairs in town. In uldah, you can get your stuff fixed in just a minute or two without even shouting, just stand by the repair npc seeking repairs. If that doesn't work, then ask some crafters who are hanging around town, etc.
____________________________
PvR fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KYqooGHd2g




#16 Jan 30 2011 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,275 posts
Why the heck was this thread sub-defaulted? (and on a New Yorker? Not on my watch).

It's actually quite informative for a new player.
____________________________
Ealdwulf wrote:
So one of the big downsides of playing PUP, and why almost everyone hates them, is that they all display the wounds of Christ?
Sephrick wrote:
I'd imagine it as descretely reaching around said person, not screaming kamehameha as I use the pld as a trampoline.
dmhlucky wrote:
the curse of good DD's is they tend to have less Defense, meaning they get high for more.
Master ketrel wrote:
Its just an emote you sick son of a *****
#17 Jan 30 2011 at 4:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
200 posts
Not only will it cost more, alot more, to get repaired from the NPC, but they will only bring you back to 75%. The system encourages teamwork. You can easily get repairs by other players like others have said by standing near the market wards of a city. Not only will it be significantly cheaper, especially at higher levels, it will repair your gear to 100%.
#18 Jan 30 2011 at 5:06 PM Rating: Default
**
322 posts
Protip: Level crafts to repair your own gear....at least be able to repair your weapon.

Saves a lot of /facepalm later, unless you want to carry 10+ copies of your weapon on you.
#19 Jan 30 2011 at 5:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
if i remember correctly (so correct me if im wrong) but i could swear i remember reading in a few interviews from late 2009--mid 2010 stating that part of the reason crafts are classes here and why they added armour wear is because they wanted crafting classes to be in grinding parties to basicly constantly repair the parties equipment, which is why they made amour wear so quick... or something to this whole effect.

so i think the high cost of NPC repairs is to try to detour you away from not having a crafter with you or your group whenever possible lol.
i ,however, have never agreed with any MMO being this craft and economic heavy, it requires an undesirable type of socializing which prevents the average player from playing as effectively as they normally could.

Quote:
Protip: Level crafts to repair your own gear....at least be able to repair your weapon.

i personally would literally rather wait for them to change the armor wear system and continue to NPC whenever in town than level any of these crafts.
i cant for the life of me imagine how crafting in FFXIV (or most other games for that matter) could at all be seen as entertaining...its very back breaking mind numbing bad *** to me.

Edited, Jan 30th 2011 6:13pm by pixelpop

Edited, Jan 30th 2011 6:15pm by pixelpop
____________________________

#20 Jan 30 2011 at 5:57 PM Rating: Excellent
12 posts
Quote:
i cant for the life of me imagine how crafting in FFXIV (or most other games for that matter) could at all be seen as entertaining...its very back breaking mind numbing bad *** to me.


Bad *** is still better than no ***...
____________________________




#21 Jan 30 2011 at 9:08 PM Rating: Good
18 posts
Tanks a lot this is a big help. I find that I don't have to repair all your stuff when you see that repair icon. I am getting the hang of this game.
____________________________
Bodger
#22 Jan 30 2011 at 9:19 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
Bodger wrote:
Tanks a lot this is a big help. I find that I don't have to repair all your stuff when you see that repair icon. I am getting the hang of this game.


cool and remember if you are going afk it is worthwhile to put lower level gear up for like 1-2K - you should get repairs pretty fast
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#23 Jan 31 2011 at 1:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
86 posts
We have a whole ward (menders wards) dedicated to fixing items. When you sign off put all your sh*t on your retainer.. Its awesome use it...

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 2:07pm by dnored
#24 Jan 31 2011 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Where do you AFK to seek repairs Olo? At camps? at the repair NPC? anywhere?

I don't like to leave my PC overnight but I could see seeking repairs as a viable option if it happened fast enough in a particular area.
#25 Jan 31 2011 at 1:37 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
RufuSwho wrote:
Where do you AFK to seek repairs Olo? At camps? at the repair NPC? anywhere?

I don't like to leave my PC overnight but I could see seeking repairs as a viable option if it happened fast enough in a particular area.


I get repairs everywhere, and don't even have to really go afk.

If I, say, put up some repairs near repair npc in uldah I usually get repaired in less time than it takes for me to go to the bathroom.

HOWEVER - I generally put up a minimum of 5K - so that is probably part of the reason repairs happen so fast.

I suggested 1-2 K for the OP since their gear probably doesn't take anyone above R15 to repair. That said - offering more can get you fixed faster. Someone who doesn't want to bother switching tools for 1K may feel more inclined for 5K.

I carry enough gear on me that I just put things up as they break and wear something else - so I seek repairs everywhere. If I am in Uldah repairs usually happen in under 5 minutes. LL and Grid probably about 10-15 depending on where I am standing (by the repair npc or in the adven guild usually is best). If I am at a busy camp like bloodshore or horizon I often get them in between leves at some point - depends, really... if it is something weird and I am not selling the repair mat it can take a couple days to get repairs (bone scales for bone scale mail, for example) even with an 8K reward...took two days, cause who carries bone scales around?

____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#26 Jan 31 2011 at 2:30 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
[
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
RufuSwho wrote:
Where do you AFK to seek repairs Olo? At camps? at the repair NPC? anywhere?

I don't like to leave my PC overnight but I could see seeking repairs as a viable option if it happened fast enough in a particular area.


I get repairs everywhere, and don't even have to really go afk.

If I, say, put up some repairs near repair npc in uldah I usually get repaired in less time than it takes for me to go to the bathroom.

HOWEVER - I generally put up a minimum of 5K - so that is probably part of the reason repairs happen so fast.

I suggested 1-2 K for the OP since their gear probably doesn't take anyone above R15 to repair. That said - offering more can get you fixed faster. Someone who doesn't want to bother switching tools for 1K may feel more inclined for 5K.

I carry enough gear on me that I just put things up as they break and wear something else - so I seek repairs everywhere. If I am in Uldah repairs usually happen in under 5 minutes. LL and Grid probably about 10-15 depending on where I am standing (by the repair npc or in the adven guild usually is best). If I am at a busy camp like bloodshore or horizon I often get them in between leves at some point - depends, really... if it is something weird and I am not selling the repair mat it can take a couple days to get repairs (bone scales for bone scale mail, for example) even with an 8K reward...took two days, cause who carries bone scales around?



This is very useful information. I did not realize the seek repairs system was being used so commonly now. The new icons changed how well this works I suppose.


Edited, Jan 31st 2011 3:31pm by RufuSwho
#27 Jan 31 2011 at 6:24 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
RufuSwho wrote:


This is very useful information. I did not realize the seek repairs system was being used so commonly now. The new icons changed how well this works I suppose.



Yeah, I pretty obsessively check people who are seeking repairs, and given how fast my stuff gets repaired, I can't be the only one. I have to say it is extremely nice to make a bit of coin while helping others out. I would also rather keep gil in the hands of players rather than siphoning it off to the npc.

The other thing is when you get things repaired to 100% you are doubling the time between repairs.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#28 Jan 31 2011 at 7:51 PM Rating: Good
**
291 posts
Using Seek Repairs is fabulous...I've seen people tirelessly working at my side to make scales or some other obnoxious component for my repairs. However, this is contingent on me offering what I think of as a healthy reward for their time and effort. Hard mats to get/more expensive mats i offer higher rewards. Backup is to go the the required guild for the repairs do a lil crafting or bathroom break and someone will take care of it for me there.
____________________________

#29 Jan 31 2011 at 8:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
NayliaMR wrote:
Using Seek Repairs is fabulous...I've seen people tirelessly working at my side to make scales or some other obnoxious component for my repairs. However, this is contingent on me offering what I think of as a healthy reward for their time and effort. Hard mats to get/more expensive mats i offer higher rewards. Backup is to go the the required guild for the repairs do a lil crafting or bathroom break and someone will take care of it for me there.


a good reward makes it worth the time
today for example, had someone wanting rings and scales, spoke to him while i was crafting, stood up to check him.....can you guess how much he was offering me?
____________________________


#30 Jan 31 2011 at 8:55 PM Rating: Good
**
650 posts
Bodger wrote:
I am a MAR rank 20 LVL 16. I had 25000 Gil. I go to get repair my equipment and I could not finish because I was 300 Gil short. It seems every time I get repairs it cost more. even with the same equipment. I would see that my equipment needs repair I would continue to grind for a wile 1/2 to 1 hour. But last time as soon as I see I need repair I went to town to get repairs and 25000 could not cover it. Why should repairs cot so much? Were dose tat money go? This game has enough problem keeping there players form saying the **** with it




Do all Leves you can do (regional and local) and do repairs at the the red level, you'll get more money that you would to use for...
____________________________
Mikayla Soulfire (XIV), Ul'dah, Istory
Lodestone Profile

Mikael (XI) Bastok, CaithSith
RDM/BST/BLU/NIN/BLM

Thus is our agreement written, thus is treaty made. Thought is the arrow of time; Memory never fades. What was asked is given; The price is paid.
#31 Feb 01 2011 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
**
435 posts
Bodger wrote:
I did not know there were players doing repairs. I thought I was paying through the nose to an NPC. (That sounds raciest) But NPCs are not people. There is no one there.
I think that some of the items I am repairing cost *** much or more than I payed for them in the first place. and when you consider you have to repair after every hour or so of playing.


It's okay. Those dirty NPCs TOOK MAH REPAIR JURBS!!!

You can also put an item on your retainer to be repaired and leave them in a ward. They'll usually have it fixed by the time you return the next day (because a player came along and fixed it).
____________________________

#32 Feb 02 2011 at 11:33 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
The repair thing was really bothering me. I felt I had to level up every craft to be self sufficient or suffer!

After finally using the Seek Repair Icon a couple times - Yes! My Equipment WAS repaired by the time I got back from a 10 minute AFK. Another time, I left my guy sitting next to the Aetheryte at Nanawa. Fixed in no time.

The only time seeking repairs seems slow is when you need something with rare-ish repair item (something that people don't carry around often). For these repairs sitting next to the retainer bell overnight did the trick.

Now that I understand this system I'm starting to think this is less of an issue. Further reduction to the rate of item degredation is on the list of upcoming fixes. Overall, I think I can live with this system after all and am looking forward to future tweaks.

#33 Feb 02 2011 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,151 posts
Seeking repairs works great. A number of crafters in my shell check regularly people with the icons. Some of the rewards people offer make no sense though.

Since I am leveling all crafts I don't mind fixing things for 10 water shards. I am not sure if other weavers want the water shards. I don't know anyone that does glue repairs for 1k.
#34 Feb 02 2011 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
**
588 posts
Its a convience fee.

If you want lower cost repairs put your gear up for repair in your bazaar, and offer a reasonable amount of gil for the reagent necessary.

If its a easily available nugget offer at least 2k. if its a rare wood branch offer 3k, if it is a very rare item offer 5-6k it its a hard to make and rarre item offer 10k and put out a few shouts in town while standing next to the repair npc.

if your being charged 25k an item at the npc its completely fair to expect someon to refuse to repair your gear if you dont offer them at least 2-3k. Your saving a huge fortune already.

If you list items for 100 gil or less dont get upset if people refuse to repair it and possibly even send you a rant /tell complaining about your ignorance.

Hope you ahve a great time playing FFXIV as I definatly am.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#35 Feb 02 2011 at 4:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
cornyboob wrote:
Its a convience fee.

If you want lower cost repairs put your gear up for repair in your bazaar, and offer a reasonable amount of gil for the reagent necessary.

If its a easily available nugget offer at least 2k. if its a rare wood branch offer 3k, if it is a very rare item offer 5-6k it its a hard to make and rarre item offer 10k and put out a few shouts in town while standing next to the repair npc.

if your being charged 25k an item at the npc its completely fair to expect someon to refuse to repair your gear if you dont offer them at least 2-3k. Your saving a huge fortune already.

If you list items for 100 gil or less dont get upset if people refuse to repair it and possibly even send you a rant /tell complaining about your ignorance.

Hope you ahve a great time playing FFXIV as I definatly am.


I just have to solute you for a change on a decent post corny
and omg im rating you up for it!


but seriously, ive been getting alot of flack in game for respondsing to people shotuing for repairs, then turning around and refusing to do them because they dont understand that im not wasting my time(any more of it at least) and materials, to do their repair for 1 gil, 100 gil, or 1000 gil even
its very easy to figure out what a material is worth, and im gonna be posting something eventualy here outlining every material i see out there, and what it is worth as far as production of said material(shard cost and everything) to give people more of an idea of what it actualy costs us crafters to repair everyones gear.
____________________________


#36 Feb 02 2011 at 4:11 PM Rating: Decent
**
588 posts
The basic rule that most people I know and game with in the 5 linkshells that i participate in as a weaver, is double the going rate or double the vendor rate for reagent if its a resonable rate in the first place.

most low rank nuggets copper brass bronze iron silver sell for 1k each in bazaars so offering 2k minimum is the commonly accepted bare minimum. Sure some nice guy might do it for 1k because he willg et 70-200 sp for repairing you but not everyine is able to skillup on every repair.

its also not to be assumed that every crafter is filthy rich, my weaver is sitting on 10 mil gil but i kow alot of upcomming low lv crafters that are flat broke because low rank mats are hard to find at reasonable prices and they buy instead of farm. These people expect to make money repairing not lose money.

I hope this helps people to understand why offerning a garbage 1k or less for repairs that will save you 50k is unfair and ridiculous.

Now offering a crystal or a few crystals is an acceptable offer in place of gil especially if its the type of crystal that class uses the most.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#37 Feb 04 2011 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Just rated ya up twice corny - you're speaking truth here.

Nickle and diming other players will cost you in the long run. I know someone in game who only puts his gear up for 1 gil. Of course he has it cramming up his inventory forever because only his sucker LS mates will repair it for that - meanwhile I saw him refuse to repair another LS mate's weapon till they put up a few thousand...

I don't repair his crap, that's for sure.

Now if an LS mate needs a repair generally I would do it for 1 gil cause most of my LS mates are decent and they would do the same for me. That said I would be embarrassed to put stuff up for that - I try to always pay a fair price even for LS mate repairs.

I'm still saving big bucks off the npc.

This reminds me... I was in LL and I see some dude has a maddening dagger up for repair... offering me 1 maddening potion as a reward.

For serious? First of all, I could fail the repair meaning I use two potions to get 1 as a "reward." Second of all, it takes 3 mandrake to make some powders... each costs more than 12K from the npc (found some for 5K each on a bazaar - but yeah, still pretty pricey) - and I don't actually carry potions around (just powders) so I would end up with 3 pots I don't need clogging up my inventory. In what universe is that ok? If he had put the pot in his bazaar for 3K and offered a 7K reward, I would be fine with that, but yeah... wtf.

I can't stand it when people offer the repair mat as a reward.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#38 Feb 04 2011 at 12:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
991 posts
Olorinus the Vile wrote:
Just rated ya up twice corny - you're speaking truth here.

Nickle and diming other players will cost you in the long run. I know someone in game who only puts his gear up for 1 gil. Of course he has it cramming up his inventory forever because only his sucker LS mates will repair it for that - meanwhile I saw him refuse to repair another LS mate's weapon till they put up a few thousand...

I don't repair his crap, that's for sure.

Now if an LS mate needs a repair generally I would do it for 1 gil cause most of my LS mates are decent and they would do the same for me. That said I would be embarrassed to put stuff up for that - I try to always pay a fair price even for LS mate repairs.

I'm still saving big bucks off the npc.

This reminds me... I was in LL and I see some dude has a maddening dagger up for repair... offering me 1 maddening potion as a reward.

For serious? First of all, I could fail the repair meaning I use two potions to get 1 as a "reward." Second of all, it takes 3 mandrake to make some powders... each costs more than 12K from the npc (found some for 5K each on a bazaar - but yeah, still pretty pricey) - and I don't actually carry potions around (just powders) so I would end up with 3 pots I don't need clogging up my inventory. In what universe is that ok? If he had put the pot in his bazaar for 3K and offered a 7K reward, I would be fine with that, but yeah... wtf.

I can't stand it when people offer the repair mat as a reward.


ive noticed alot more people offering the material alone as its reward too, i skip over them also

now SOME people ive seen offering 2-3 of said material as a reward, now that i appreciate when they do it, even though usualy its not a mat i have on me so i cant do it anyway.

If you have the material yourself and you want a repair, people, learn to shout for it stating you have the material, and offer a tip as the reward. that right there is more acceptable to crafters and youll get repairs quicker that way too.
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)