Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Ho do I friggin play?Follow

#1 Jan 30 2011 at 10:41 AM Rating: Sub-Default
3 posts
So after I got some cash for my birthday, I went to the electronics store and bought the game Final Fantasy XIV. I was like wow!
So I came home put the CD in.
The 50 dollar gift check for something else inside expired the new years eve, but I was like "oh well"
The installing and updating took forever, like 5 hours or something.
But I was like "hey this must mean it is a pretty cool game".
After that , I had to get an account by filming a really looooong form and answering stupid questions like my address and postal code.
I was like "FINALLY, DONE!".
But when I was trying to play an error message or something came saying, I should do something with the option or whatever.
I found the place and after choosing my method of payment, another form popped up and now it doesn't accept my adress, name and stuff, no matter how I write them.
Getting angry over it, I sent a mail to the mail they told me to send for problems and questions. It's been tooo long and I have yet to get an answer back.
What the **** do I do? I pay for this and I can't even get to play it!
What happened to the good ol' install and play? WTF?

btw, thanks for NOT putting that this game is not free anywhere on the box, I appreciated it. I mean, yeah. who cares if you have to pay the game you buy which doesn't state it anywhere on the box.
#2 Jan 30 2011 at 10:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
27 posts
ZukoFireBook wrote:
btw, thanks for NOT putting that this game is not free anywhere on the box


On the back on my box is clearly states

SE Box wrote:
User Registration and Service subscription required to play the Game...


Then the first line of the next sentence

SE Box wrote:
Requires an accepted payment method to play (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, ELV etc).


So I don't know where you're coming from...


Edited, Jan 30th 2011 11:52am by boshed
____________________________


Check out my retailers' bazaars at - http://ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar?t=2&srv=3&mn=Bosh
#3 Jan 30 2011 at 10:52 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
So I don't know where you are coming from...


Under the bridge.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#4 Jan 30 2011 at 11:04 AM Rating: Default
3 posts
boshed wrote:
ZukoFireBook wrote:
btw, thanks for NOT putting that this game is not free anywhere on the box


On the back on my box is clearly states

SE Box wrote:
User Registration and Service subscription required to play the Game...


Then the first line of the next sentence

SE Box wrote:
Requires an accepted payment method to play (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, ELV etc).


So I don't know where you're coming from...


Edited, Jan 30th 2011 11:52am by boshed



Yeah, really helpful Sherlock. No, it doesn't state anything on the back of its box (maybe behind the etiquette thing they put.) I am saying, it doesn't accept my adress and stuff in the form so I can't get a friggin character.
#5 Jan 30 2011 at 11:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Guess what?
Gas you buy at a gas station doesn't state "requires a car to drive on the highway" either.
#6 Jan 30 2011 at 11:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
991 posts
Im gonna go out on a limb here and state something you should be doing instead of complaining here

because obviously, we all work for SE here right? and we can answer every tech/account related question you have

no really, you should contact SE to get this resolved, not other players. seeing a you cant divulge personal information to us, so being able to tell exactly whats wrong isnt something we can do
perhaps contacting the people who actualy manage the game is the right thing to do to get this resolved

but what do i know right?
____________________________


#7 Jan 30 2011 at 11:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
23 posts
Strange, it says user registration and subscription required on mine, in a big white box with an orange border on the lower part of the back of the box

As for how to register accounts and payments there is a step by step guide in the manual. I followed that and had no issues
____________________________


#8 Jan 30 2011 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
Lol, this thread brightened my day. Thanks.
____________________________

#9 Jan 30 2011 at 11:47 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Why is it always people who can barely manage to put together a half-coherent sentence who have such trouble with these things? As far as I can tell, everyone here who possesses the ability to form at least a single, logical thought was able to complete the process.

So I wonder, does the problem lie more with the process, or the person who has to create an "account by filming a really looooong form?"


Edited, Jan 30th 2011 12:47pm by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#10 Jan 30 2011 at 11:48 AM Rating: Excellent
First thing, ZukoFireBook, you will find that people are much more open to helping others when you don't come off as abrasive and insulting.

Another thing is that I notice from your IP you live in Europe. Do you have the European version of FFXIV? and a European Square Enix Account? You'll need both of those.

Other than that, read this to set up your account.
#11 Jan 30 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
1) Nearly ever MMORPG that you can buy in a box from a retailer has a subscription fee. In fact, I can only really think of ONE game that was sold in stores and was F2P beyond the initial purchase. Everquest, WoW, FFXI, FFXIV, EVE, Rift... all are subscription based games.

2) I'm looking at the back of the box and it does in fact say that there is a monthly fee. Look at the back of your box and read it, you'll see it too.

3) The reason they ask for your address is to verify your region. You can't use a NA or JP copy outside of their respective regions, so if you are in Europe, the game needs to verify that you're playing an EU version of the game with an EU address and an EU Square-Enix account

4) Not directed at the OP, but just a general statement: I know the admins don't like when forum regulars are mean to new posters, but when new posters come in with an attitude like this, it shouldn't be a total blindside when some of the posters end up being a **** to them. There are plenty of posters here who are willing to be welcoming and kind to new people, provided the new people could at least TRY to be polite. I mean, maybe it's just my parents that taught me that when you're asking someone for help, you should try not to act like they OWE you the help? Heaven forbid.

I'm not going to go any further down that road lest I stir up unneeded drama though; I'll just leave it at that.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#12 Jan 30 2011 at 1:07 PM Rating: Good
**
322 posts
How I mine fish?
#13 Jan 30 2011 at 1:12 PM Rating: Good
xthunderblazex wrote:
How I mine fish?
Assuming you are asking how to mine and how to fish, you equip a pickaxe or fishing rod, and go to a sparkly thing in a cave or on a cliff, or a body of water. It's pretty self explanatory from there.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#14 Jan 30 2011 at 1:28 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Lubriderm the Fussy wrote:
Assuming you are asking how to mine and how to fish, you equip a pickaxe or fishing rod, and go to a sparkly thing in a cave or on a cliff, or a body of water. It's pretty self explanatory from there.


I wonder if he's serious.. ^
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#15 Jan 30 2011 at 1:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
991 posts
xthunderblazex wrote:
How I mine fish?


How do I battle Tree for log?
____________________________


#16 Jan 30 2011 at 1:45 PM Rating: Good
Transmigration wrote:
Lubriderm the Fussy wrote:
Assuming you are asking how to mine and how to fish, you equip a pickaxe or fishing rod, and go to a sparkly thing in a cave or on a cliff, or a body of water. It's pretty self explanatory from there.


I wonder if he's serious.. ^
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#17 Jan 30 2011 at 2:17 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,675 posts
ZukoFireBook wrote:
I sent a mail to the mail...


Maybe sand another? Ho else wood they no?


...

..

.

?
#18 Jan 30 2011 at 4:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,801 posts
Alas... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dI6mPDCqEo

Edited, Jan 30th 2011 5:08pm by Caia
____________________________
WoW -- Zaia -- Dragonmaw -- Mage 80 BABY! Alchemy 450
Also... Hunter 62, Rogue 52, Warrior 66, Warlock 43, Death Knight 70, Shaman Who Cares? ;)

FFXI -- Caia -- Retired/Deleted -- Blm 75, Alchemy 97
Pandimonium server - Rank 10 - Bastok

Zaela Rdm -- 35, Alchemy 45 -- Forced into retirement because I didn't have the right kind of credit card. Hope it was worth 18 bucks a month, SE.

#19 Jan 30 2011 at 4:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
200 posts
I can't imagine a subscription based game requiring an address or other stupid things like that...That would infuriate me as well..
#20 Jan 30 2011 at 4:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
200 posts
On a serious note, as serious as I can be on this thread, I would suggest running the benchmark on your system before you even tried to log in, odds are an older computer won't be able to handle it.
#22 Jan 31 2011 at 2:26 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Do you have the European version of FFXIV? and a European Square Enix Account? You'll need both of those.

Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
You can't use a NA or JP copy outside of their respective regions, so if you are in Europe, the game needs to verify that you're playing an EU version of the game with an EU address and an EU Square-Enix account



Just wanted to say that I live in Asia, but I'm using an NA version of the game linked to an NA account.

____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#23 Jan 31 2011 at 10:15 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,146 posts
ZukoFireBook wrote:
So after I got some cash for my birthday, I went to the electronics store and bought the game Final Fantasy XIV. I was like wow!
No, I bet you ain't like WoW.

ZukoFireBook wrote:
So I came home put the CD in.
It's called DVD and that's clearly stated on the front of the box.

ZukoFireBook wrote:
The installing and updating took forever, like 5 hours or something.
But I was like "hey this must mean it is a pretty cool game".
Yeah, bigger is always better! Games should be rated by their size! Hahaaa, die Tetris!

ZukoFireBook wrote:
After that , I had to get an account by filming a really looooong form and answering stupid questions like my address and postal code.
I'd like to see that filmed form, could you please put it on youtube or so? Oh and I hope you didn't put in your real adress and postal code. You know, security is everything when surfing the net.

ZukoFireBook wrote:
I was like "FINALLY, DONE!".
But when I was trying to play an error message or something came saying, I should do something with the option or whatever.
Never try playing error messages or strange things will happen. You might even get option from it.

ZukoFireBook wrote:
I found the place and after choosing my method of payment, another form popped up and now it doesn't accept my adress, name and stuff, no matter how I write them.
As I already said, security is everything. Seems like you've done a good job here and your account is so secure that you can't even log in yourself.

ZukoFireBook wrote:
Getting angry over it, I sent a mail to the mail they told me to send for problems and questions. It's been tooo long and I have yet to get an answer back.
I'm pretty sure they are still searching for someone to decipher the contents of your mail to see whether it's a recipe for apple pie or the instructions for the construction of a nuclear warhead.

ZukoFireBook wrote:
What the **** do I do?
How the **** should I know?!

ZukoFireBook wrote:
What happened to the good ol' install and play? WTF?
Last time I saw it it's been chased by a hungry horde of software pirates and sales managers.

ZukoFireBook wrote:
btw, thanks for NOT putting that this game is not free anywhere on the box, I appreciated it. I mean, yeah. who cares if you have to pay the game you buy which doesn't state it anywhere on the box.
How do these bastards get away with selling computers and not tell their customers that they need electricity to power them.
Unbelievable!

________________________
I say it's a TROLL.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 5:32pm by RidingBean
____________________________

Final Fantasy XI
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Name: Kyana (retired)
Jobs: THF75 PLD70 BST70

#24 Jan 31 2011 at 9:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
200 posts
I could do without this thread entirely now. Thanks.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)