Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Retro player, trying out FFxivFollow

#1 Jan 31 2011 at 8:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
Hi, i used to play FF on super nintendo and the FF 7 on ps1.

The questions:
Is this game too complicate to play, or different than the olders FF?
Can i use xbox controller?
Can ps3 and pc gamers play on the same server?
where i can download FF 12?
Do US and UE have different servers or games?
Is this game ok for casual players?

thz all, i plan to start a online mmo for the next 2/4 years

#2 Jan 31 2011 at 8:38 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
neo12 wrote:
Hi, i used to play FF on super nintendo and the FF 7 on ps1.

The questions:
Is this game too complicate to play, or different than the olders FF?
Can i use xbox controller?
Can ps3 and pc gamers play on the same server?
where i can download FF 12?
Do US and UE have different servers or games?
Is this game ok for casual players?

thz all, i plan to start a online mmo for the next 2/4 years




Hi Hi

Here to answer your question about FFXIV

this game has its complexities but it is pretty straight forward if you are an rpg gamer
pc and PS3 gamers are on the same servers
the servers are global so you will see a very good mix of people
Xbox controller does work with the game you just have to map your buttons
this game can be played at the casual level, except there is a grind to get to end game
once that content is added.
#3 Jan 31 2011 at 8:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
97 posts
Their is a bit of a learning curve. I think the game all in all is not to complicated.

You can play with a x-box controller. Only the hard wired ones work. The plug and play cords do not work. I guess you can also use the wireless ones but you'll need to buy more equipment for it to work on your pc.

When you pick your server, what ever console your using goes to that server. So PC,PS3 play together on same servers. Also you play with the world on that server also. It's great meeting people from Germany, Japan, ect...

As of now you cannot DL FFXIV you can only buy it at the store or online.
NOTE: The game is region based if u live in the us buy the us version. If you live in the UK buy that version, ect..Also when you set up your SE account to play the game make sure the game region and what region you put on your account are the same.

I think the game is good for casual players, but you will need to invest time to get to high levels.
____________________________


#4 Jan 31 2011 at 8:50 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
thx for enlightening me.

i do use the wireless controller (xbox for pc).

that great news having consoles and pc gamers mixed playing this game, and also having players from the whole world is such a great idea.

i checked on fnac the FF14 price and its 50 euros...
i was hoping for a direct download where you pay about 50% of the store price, like some games do.

Yes im kinda in on RPG, but older ones, i still play secret of mana :) , so if i choose this one, its gona be for life :P

PS: I tried out wow, and i only played about 15 minutes, the chat room was full of 10 years old kids, and that annoyed me, i hope this game have a mature community

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 9:54am by neo12

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 11:55am by neo12
#5 Jan 31 2011 at 9:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
I just felt I needed to clarify something..

FFXIV = FF14
FFXII = FF12
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#6 Jan 31 2011 at 10:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
yes the 14, it was spelled it wrong
#7 Jan 31 2011 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
The community is much more mature, because of some of the complexities within the game and getting started. Iyt has been proven to be a barrier of entry to ridiculous 10 year old wow players.

That being said the occasional douchery does ensue but not for long. This game is fun and great for the casual player right now. I am going to say this though it is far from complete in some aspects as the game is lacking in content and things to do.

Right now there is leve's which are a form of quest that reset every 36 hours
You can gather materials and fish them
there is crafting
there is searching the wards for items and gear (its so time consuming some days, that for now it counts as an activity)
there is Behest which is an hourly quest to rid areas of vicious squirrels and over sized turkies.
And the grind to max level
and NM's or also known as Notorious monsters, but you won't encounter that until rank 30+ mage/healer or 40+ as a melee

and of course the story line and class line quests.

I hope you enjoy the game for what it is, a work in progress. From personal experience I am having fun and always have something to do and really love the world SE is in the process of building.

When you can go and check our mor Dhona its the most stunning zone in the game :)
#8 Jan 31 2011 at 11:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
i dont need more or expect more in a game, i also like a lot group boss fight, i will try to buy the game this week, and will use this thread to express my opinions of it.

It may be illegal, but i had find severals links to download the game, is it like a trial download or just plain illegal?
#9 Jan 31 2011 at 11:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
You won't be able to play if you just DL the game, you need an activation code to run it, which you can only get from a retail copy, or a friend code from the CE version.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#10 Jan 31 2011 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
neo12 wrote:
thx for enlightening me.

i do use the wireless controller (xbox for pc).

that great news having consoles and pc gamers mixed playing this game, and also having players from the whole world is such a great idea.

i checked on fnac the FF14 price and its 50 euros...
i was hoping for a direct download where you pay about 50% of the store price, like some games do.

Yes im kinda in on RPG, but older ones, i still play secret of mana :) , so if i choose this one, its gona be for life :P

PS: I tried out wow, and i only played about 15 minutes, the chat room was full of 10 years old kids, and that annoyed me, i hope this game have a mature community

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 9:54am by neo12

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 11:55am by neo12


Playing this game simply because you loved SNES/PS1 era final fantasy games is almost as big of a mistake as planning to start playing the game in its current state. If you really are in it for the long haul i would say wait it out another month or two and see how things flesh out.

While updates are on the horizon the game is still lacking in content.
I would also say its lacking fun, but there seems to be at least a small group of people who find this game entertaining.

That same group of people would also suggest you pick the game up now and suffer through its many pitfalls so that when the game becomes playable you will be at the top of the foodchain.

At the very least i suggest checking out reviews or checking out some videos of gameplay to really see if this game is for you.



____________________________

Does hating a game I wanted to love make me a troll?
or does trying to love a game I hate make me a white knight?
#11 Jan 31 2011 at 11:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
huum, i see, i guess they just dont sell the code :P the cheaper the better
#12 Jan 31 2011 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
67 posts
then it may be better for me to start with this "light" version of FF...i may be easier to me to start with.

i did see some reviews one of them quoted 43/100 this game...
Videos well, graphics are good, i cant tell much about the game it self.

The only pain in the ***, may be spend 50 euros, but some one told me that ATM the game dont need any fee, so if i can play 2 or 3 month for free, its like having my investment's back.

I dont believe this game can be that *****. And that make me want even more to try the game lol.

Sry about my English, im from portugal here
#13 Jan 31 2011 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
It's honestly not that bad now, but was at the time it got reviewed. 99% of the little annoyances have been fixed, but the issue about a general lack of things to do in-game is still present. IMO, if you find a fun group of people to play the game with regularly, you will enjoy your time in-game. If you go the solo route, you will probably get bored quickly.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:50pm by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#14 Jan 31 2011 at 11:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
It's honestly not that bad now, but was at the time it got reviewed. 99% of the little annoyances have been fixed, but the issue about a general lack of things to do in-game is still present. IMO, if you find a fun group of people to play the game with regularly, you will enjoy your time in-game. If you go the solo route, you will probably get bored quickly.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:50pm by Jefro420


sure, i hate solo anyway on online games, for that i rather to farm on my retro games :P
(i only played rappelz online game)

Im looking for a support class like healer or de-buffer
#15 Jan 31 2011 at 12:19 PM Rating: Good
neo12 wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
It's honestly not that bad now, but was at the time it got reviewed. 99% of the little annoyances have been fixed, but the issue about a general lack of things to do in-game is still present. IMO, if you find a fun group of people to play the game with regularly, you will enjoy your time in-game. If you go the solo route, you will probably get bored quickly.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:50pm by Jefro420


sure, i hate solo anyway on online games, for that i rather to farm on my retro games :P
(i only played rappelz online game)

Im looking for a support class like healer or de-buffer



I honestly believe the game you're looking for is called FFXI.
____________________________

Does hating a game I wanted to love make me a troll?
or does trying to love a game I hate make me a white knight?
#16 Jan 31 2011 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
theSubligaravenger wrote:
neo12 wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
It's honestly not that bad now, but was at the time it got reviewed. 99% of the little annoyances have been fixed, but the issue about a general lack of things to do in-game is still present. IMO, if you find a fun group of people to play the game with regularly, you will enjoy your time in-game. If you go the solo route, you will probably get bored quickly.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:50pm by Jefro420


sure, i hate solo anyway on online games, for that i rather to farm on my retro games :P
(i only played rappelz online game)

Im looking for a support class like healer or de-buffer



I honestly believe the game you're looking for is called FFXI.

Why are you trying so hard to deter him from FFXIV? It's not like it's impossible for someone to enjoy this game, there are plenty of us that do.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#17 Jan 31 2011 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
theSubligaravenger wrote:
neo12 wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
It's honestly not that bad now, but was at the time it got reviewed. 99% of the little annoyances have been fixed, but the issue about a general lack of things to do in-game is still present. IMO, if you find a fun group of people to play the game with regularly, you will enjoy your time in-game. If you go the solo route, you will probably get bored quickly.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:50pm by Jefro420


sure, i hate solo anyway on online games, for that i rather to farm on my retro games :P
(i only played rappelz online game)

Im looking for a support class like healer or de-buffer



I honestly believe the game you're looking for is called FFXI.

Why are you trying so hard to deter him from FFXIV? It's not like it's impossible for someone to enjoy this game, there are plenty of us that do.


Jefro I'm with you, I am enjoying my time in game right now. I have my story quests im doing. I am leveling up and getting as ready as I can for new content as it comes. I am also getting my gathering and crafting classes up in order to be ready for the influx of new players at PS3 release. I am almost debating on having 100/100 on a retainer of pre crafted gear to be in my retainer for ps3 launch day. have everything set at a reasonable price and waiting for the herd of new players.

OP I enjoy this game and I hope to see you online. I am on Figaro server name is Speeral Olbodra and yes it is free to play right now and you will get your 50 euros worth.

Happy playing :)
#18 Jan 31 2011 at 2:06 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,313 posts
Nevermind.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 3:10pm by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#19 Jan 31 2011 at 5:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
67 posts
i just buyed the game, i am installing it right now, see you ppl in game
#20 Jan 31 2011 at 7:52 PM Rating: Good
**
291 posts
Welcome!!
____________________________

#21 Jan 31 2011 at 8:07 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
90 posts
Personally I love ff14 as i've enjoyed all the ff titles. Funny how ppl judge the game with a lvl 20 class lol, but yah the boss fights at lvl50 are really fun and the faction NMs are really cool too. The game does get repetitive, and it does need a lot more content, if you wanna play now or in 2 months theres no diff cause the game is f2p you just need a credit card and your golden. People complain about ff14 but honestly I don't know how ppl can pay for DC: universe lol sooooo cluttered and broken imo.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 9:08pm by Abhy
#22 Jan 31 2011 at 8:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
241 posts
You can also play with a PS3 controller for anyone who is interested. Requires MotionJoy software, or something similar.

My favorite titles were classic as well. I didn't pay attention much when things strayed away from saving the world. I wasn't much interested in playing blitzball, wasn't a fan of homework being assigned in VIII. I have enjoyed XI and enjoy this game because there is no melodrama like from a schoolgirl manga comic, there are no lazer guns, just straight up bows, blades, and magic. FFXIV has more of a classic feel to it than the modern ff titles (XI excluded). Its the same system almost as FFII (I think?) where you swung a sword and you leveled up sword, if you cast magic MP went up.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 9:30pm by WolfOak
____________________________


#23 Feb 01 2011 at 3:42 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
67 posts
WolfOak wrote:
You can also play with a PS3 controller for anyone who is interested. Requires MotionJoy software, or something similar.

My favorite titles were classic as well. I didn't pay attention much when things strayed away from saving the world. I wasn't much interested in playing blitzball, wasn't a fan of homework being assigned in VIII. I have enjoyed XI and enjoy this game because there is no melodrama like from a schoolgirl manga comic, there are no lazer guns, just straight up bows, blades, and magic. FFXIV has more of a classic feel to it than the modern ff titles (XI excluded). Its the same system almost as FFII (I think?) where you swung a sword and you leveled up sword, if you cast magic MP went up.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 9:30pm by WolfOak


indeed, or like secret of mana.
The installation is long, and registry boring, but the 1st minute i played i think im in love, using controller is a must for me. Graphics are great, i just love that forest i started in, it remember me zelda nintendo 64 series.

The game is hardcore for my hardware, i may need a better GC soon.
actual system:

AM3 X3 2.8
6G DDR 3 1333
ATI 4770

IM THINKING ABOUT THE 5770
#24 Feb 01 2011 at 4:15 AM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
neo12 wrote:
WolfOak wrote:
You can also play with a PS3 controller for anyone who is interested. Requires MotionJoy software, or something similar.

My favorite titles were classic as well. I didn't pay attention much when things strayed away from saving the world. I wasn't much interested in playing blitzball, wasn't a fan of homework being assigned in VIII. I have enjoyed XI and enjoy this game because there is no melodrama like from a schoolgirl manga comic, there are no lazer guns, just straight up bows, blades, and magic. FFXIV has more of a classic feel to it than the modern ff titles (XI excluded). Its the same system almost as FFII (I think?) where you swung a sword and you leveled up sword, if you cast magic MP went up.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 9:30pm by WolfOak


indeed, or like secret of mana.
The installation is long, and registry boring, but the 1st minute i played i think im in love, using controller is a must for me. Graphics are great, i just love that forest i started in, it remember me zelda nintendo 64 series.

The game is hardcore for my hardware, i may need a better GC soon.
actual system:

AM3 X3 2.8
6G DDR 3 1333
ATI 4770

IM THINKING ABOUT THE 5770

WELCOME \(^w^)/
Yaaay~ Gridania, my Home Town +.+ I so love it <3
On what server might you took your adventurere into the World of Twelve my dear friend ? I really do hope that stars will guide you through right path! And overally Have Fun as we are having \(^w^)/
#25 Feb 01 2011 at 4:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
im in soronia i think
#26 Feb 01 2011 at 5:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
neo12 wrote:

Sry about my English, im from portugal here


Mesmo sendo de Portugal o nosso conhecimento de Ingles não deve ser muito mau, eu tive Ingles na escola por 12 anos.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#27 Feb 01 2011 at 12:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
Hugus wrote:
neo12 wrote:

Sry about my English, im from portugal here


Mesmo sendo de Portugal o nosso conhecimento de Ingles não deve ser muito mau, eu tive Ingles na escola por 12 anos.


da para entender.

what is the true healer class in this game?
#28 Feb 01 2011 at 5:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
241 posts
There is no real 'true healer' in the game, for the fact htat I feel every character can be more than self sufficient to heal themselves - at least up until all the levels you see under me and im sure a few yet, because I have mostly soloed and sufficiently healed myself with select abilities. If you want, you can be entirely self sufficient.

In the sense of trying to match one job to the classic ones, I would say Conjurer is what you are looking for. Cure, Protect, Shell, Stoneskin, etc., but also Fire, Ice, Lit, etc. Kind of nice despite so many people complaining. You can put any ability on your avatar, esentially you are the Mime class. (I hope SE doesn't forget the Mime admist everyones complaining.)

To the person thinking of the 5770: I have a 5850 which runs the game well in 1080p. I am unsure of how the 5770 works, but the 5850 can be hooked up with crossfire to other video cards (including onboard)and I didn't try this yet, but I guess you can get panaramic view with 3 tVs. You can get vids of it on youtube or something.
____________________________


#29 Feb 01 2011 at 6:45 PM Rating: Decent
*
144 posts
WolfOak wrote:

In the sense of trying to match one job to the classic ones, I would say Conjurer is what you are looking for. Cure, Protect, Shell, Stoneskin, etc., but also Fire, Ice, Lit, etc. Kind of nice despite so many people complaining. You can put any ability on your avatar, esentially you are the Mime class. (I hope SE doesn't forget the Mime admist everyones complaining.)


Even Thaumaturge, the other mage class, can be a competent healer with its healing spells that grant Regen.
____________________________
Sir Littlej wrote:
i think i said goodbye, but i might have told him to go die, im not sure


Tera Kalinathon wrote:
i do like... wood o.o



#30 Feb 01 2011 at 8:52 PM Rating: Decent
14 posts
neo12 wrote:
Hugus wrote:
neo12 wrote:

Sry about my English, im from portugal here


Mesmo sendo de Portugal o nosso conhecimento de Ingles não deve ser muito mau, eu tive Ingles na escola por 12 anos.


da para entender.

what is the true healer class in this game?


UIii, portugueses aqui?? Voces estão em que server? Eu estou em Selbina.

Se queres comprar o jogo compra pela Amazon, paguei só 11€ mais portes

[Sry for not talking in english ^^]
#31 Feb 02 2011 at 7:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
im making CONJURER, random choice

there is soo much to learn, now im starting doing quests learning the basic of the game.
The land look huge.

For the graphic card, i may go get the 5770 for budged reasons.

-Ja disse em que server estava, agr ja nao me lembro lol


is there any "dungeon" where ppl go in and make party to lvl? or anything in group?
im only lvl 8 :P




Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 12:40pm by neo12
#32 Feb 02 2011 at 7:33 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
neo12 wrote:
im making CONJURER, random choice

is there any "dongeon" where ppl go in and make party to lvl? or anything in group?
im only lvl 8 :P



You're gonna end up playing more than CON, that's just how this game works. If you go CON, you should also go THM pretty much right away.

Do leve quests in a group, your party gets instanced mobs that way, but there are no instanced dungeons yet that I'm aware of.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#33 Feb 02 2011 at 7:49 AM Rating: Decent
*
164 posts
Hey Neo, I'm on saronia as well. Please PM me and I'll help you out as much as I can :)
____________________________
Irishclass777 said: crafting is crafting no matter the game just because crafting is a job in ffxiv don't it much change much.


#34 Feb 02 2011 at 7:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
241 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
neo12 wrote:
im making CONJURER, random choice

is there any "dongeon" where ppl go in and make party to lvl? or anything in group?
im only lvl 8 :P



You're gonna end up playing more than CON, that's just how this game works. If you go CON, you should also go THM pretty much right away.

Do leve quests in a group, your party gets instanced mobs that way, but there are no instanced dungeons yet that I'm aware of.



This is correct. You will also not want to limit yourself to just Mage classes either. I would recommend to look at all abilities avalible, and decide which YOU want as an adventurer instead of what the one job provides. Pugilist for example, has Featherfoot and Second Wind which are excellent abilities for every job (Featherfoot is basically blink with no cast time or mp consumption, and second wind is an emergency self heal). You will also save yourself lots of gil if you level up your crafting jobs on the side. I would recommend to get the level 10 abilities for each of these crafting classes, including Alchemy and Cooking (even though you might not be interested in these jobs).
____________________________


#35 Feb 02 2011 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
WolfOak wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
neo12 wrote:
im making CONJURER, random choice

is there any "dungeon" where ppl go in and make party to lvl? or anything in group?
im only lvl 8 :P



You're gonna end up playing more than CON, that's just how this game works. If you go CON, you should also go THM pretty much right away.

Do leve quests in a group, your party gets instanced mobs that way, but there are no instanced dungeons yet that I'm aware of.



This is correct. You will also not want to limit yourself to just Mage classes either. I would recommend to look at all abilities avalible, and decide which YOU want as an adventurer instead of what the one job provides. Pugilist for example, has Featherfoot and Second Wind which are excellent abilities for every job (Featherfoot is basically blink with no cast time or mp consumption, and second wind is an emergency self heal). You will also save yourself lots of gil if you level up your crafting jobs on the side. I would recommend to get the level 10 abilities for each of these crafting classes, including Alchemy and Cooking (even though you might not be interested in these jobs).

atm im collecting as much info about the game as i can.
there is soo many stuff to do (i dont get why some ppl say there is nothing, they just may be hardcore FF players).

i have no idea about jobs like cooking or mining are for, like i had say before, this is a new world for me.
i just started to do some quests (regional ones i think, that are including mining.
with all that i left behind the main quest, i have to know who are these 2 guys are from, the ones i started with, and why im soo important to these ppl :P

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 12:39pm by neo12
#36 Feb 02 2011 at 11:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
241 posts
I think that many people who complain of no content are people wanting to take their rank to 50, and the game isn't really designed for that right now. Its definately geared more towards getting ALL your jobs to r20 (well, r23 with this patch). Thats a lot of stuff to do. I am begining to push L50, and I have never once seen fatigue (I think fatigue is a good element in the rules of the world Eorea. Granted, I am also expecting down the road to see worlds that have different rules. Please bring back the moon if you are listening SE.

Once you get all your jobs to 20, you are like a mime class. At this point, it is more benefitial to have many classes ranked because your Physical Level experience points continue to be gained. Simple translation: If you level different classes, you will have many more ability points for all classes.

People complain about ability points, but they are trying to put 81+ in different stats. This is a waste of points (up util at least R28 at least) because 1 str(or any) point costs more ability points to attain. Just try to keep your stats somewhat balanced, but in favor of your main class. There is content in the game to get more points if needed, through the guilds (hint: go check out what the lancer guild has for sale.) With them you can attain the highest stats per ability points.
____________________________


#37 Feb 02 2011 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
331 posts
I have a Radeon 5770 HD and it runs the game pretty smoothly. On my system, I sometimes get small lag spikes in crowded areas but it's fine once everything loads. The graphics and weather effects also come out very nicely :D
____________________________
Maera, Mithra on Cerberus

#38 Feb 02 2011 at 12:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
You just need to have a solid static group to easily rank up past 20. At that rank, you can easily gain a rank a day doing leves and behests. Past 40, I'm gaining about a rank every 3 leve resets from doing only leves with my LS (our groups regularly have 15 members so behests are usually not an option without someone missing out.) Going past 20 is definitely feasible even before the SP changes later today, it's just much, much easier with help.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#39 Feb 06 2011 at 4:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
WolfOak wrote:
I think that many people who complain of no content are people wanting to take their rank to 50, and the game isn't really designed for that right now. Its definately geared more towards getting ALL your jobs to r20 (well, r23 with this patch). Thats a lot of stuff to do. I am begining to push L50, and I have never once seen fatigue (I think fatigue is a good element in the rules of the world Eorea. Granted, I am also expecting down the road to see worlds that have different rules. Please bring back the moon if you are listening SE.

Once you get all your jobs to 20, you are like a mime class. At this point, it is more benefitial to have many classes ranked because your Physical Level experience points continue to be gained. Simple translation: If you level different classes, you will have many more ability points for all classes.

People complain about ability points, but they are trying to put 81+ in different stats. This is a waste of points (up util at least R28 at least) because 1 str(or any) point costs more ability points to attain. Just try to keep your stats somewhat balanced, but in favor of your main class. There is content in the game to get more points if needed, through the guilds (hint: go check out what the lancer guild has for sale.) With them you can attain the highest stats per ability points.


now i know what ur talking about, and its really hard to balance the stats using a conjurer for main class, i dont fell like wasting stats on str or dexterity, i dont know yet what lancer stats are
#40 Feb 06 2011 at 8:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
241 posts
The reason why I said to check out the Lancers guild was because the DOW guilds sell a character trait which will convert 5 strength INTO 5 Intelligence. That makes it worth leveling up lancer, if you want to get the most out of your Conjurer. Lancer is just an example, any DOW will sell these traits; I chose it because it should be in the same town as your conjurer's guild. In order to purchase abilities and traits from these guilds, you need guildmarks which you will be awarded for battleleves ~r13.

If I was to take my conjurer to be my main job,I would aim for something around this:

S40 F40
V70 W40
D40 L80
I80 W40
M80 E80
P65 I80

Points are the cheepest up until 40, so if you got spare points its worthwhile to at least have 40 in each. This will assist crafting as well as minimizes hastle from switching jobs. Mind and Vit are important because thats your MP and HP. Intelligence is strength and Piety is your accuracy. The elements can be somewhat balanced however you want, but - Earth is important bacause that is your strength of stoneskin, and Lightning is your Spikes. Other than those two elements, play around with your favorite element (I chose Ice because it is my guardian.
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (26)