Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

(real) All Worlds Maintenance (Feb. 2)Follow

#1 Jan 31 2011 at 9:47 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,335 posts
Quote:
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV corresponding to the upcoming release of patch 1.15a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after release of the patch.

* Patch download rates may vary depending on server congestion.

* Comprehensive patch notes will be posted on the Lodestone the day of the patch's release.

[Date & Time]
Feb. 2, 2011 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (PST)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=57f16879605455a2c4acbcd76cfa70e9e19806a4
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#2 Jan 31 2011 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Oh, no you don't! "Fool me once" and all that...

I, for one, will not be falling for this "update" scheme - even if SE themselves are in on the joke - and will be canceling my deceptive client's attempts to "update."
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#3 Jan 31 2011 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
*
57 posts
Really glad that this patch is being pre-started so soon after the list of changes. I noticed that LL on my server (Istory) was practically a ghost town, maybe people are holding out until patch hits, idk. Can't wait to see how changes effect the game.



Edited, Jan 31st 2011 10:59am by AnnabelleCloud
____________________________


#4 Jan 31 2011 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
180 posts
Sounds good to me Smiley: nod

I just told a ls mate yesterday that I thought the patch would be Wednesday. Unless this is just a pre-patch for the big patch later (the corresponding to the upcoming release of patch 1.15a has me confused.)
____________________________
FFXI: PLD BST BRD RDM SAM PUP


#5 Jan 31 2011 at 9:57 AM Rating: Decent
*
57 posts
Libtech wrote:
Sounds good to me Smiley: nod

I just told a ls mate yesterday that I thought the patch would be Wednesday. Unless this is just a pre-patch for the big patch later (the corresponding to the upcoming release of patch 1.15a has me confused.)


This sounds like a pre-patch to the patch.
____________________________


#6 Jan 31 2011 at 9:59 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
"Big patch later"- what big patch? They haven't mentioned of anything of the sort.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#7 Jan 31 2011 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
*
57 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
"Big patch later"- what big patch? They haven't mentioned of anything of the sort.



Patch 1.15a Outline (01/27/2011)

Several of the scheduled improvements mentioned in last week's letter from the producer are nearing completion. The following is a list of some of the most significant changes:
*An official patch release date will be announced shortly.

Content
Improvements to Log Usability
Changes to behavior of windows when moused over
The implementation of an automated log text show/hide feature
Revisions to text color
Improvements to Dialog Windows
Changes to increase the amount of on-screen data, reducing the need for multiple pages
Improvements to Combat Damage Display
The assignment of different font colors to player and enemy damage
Adjustments to prevent overlapping of combat text
Improvements to Map Usability
Increased data refresh rates allowing for more responsive maps
Improvements to Minimap Usability
The addition of a PC's field-of-view (camera direction)
Improvements to Guildleve-Related Information
The implementation of an in-game command which displays time remaining until the next leve renewal
Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items
Improvements to Gathering
Changes to the frame rates of action animations to speed up gathering activities
Improvements to the Item Search Feature
The addition of prices displayed together with search results
Addition of a Head Gear Display Feature
The addition of a feature allowing players to graphically toggle on/off their headgear (without physically removing the item)
Adjustments to Skill Points
Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties

Further details will be revealed in forthcoming Topics posts, as well as the post planned for release in conjunction with the patch.

FUN FACT:
As of today, game versions will be assigned alphanumeric values (eg. 1.15a). In addition, what for the past decade have been known to players of online FINAL FANTASY titles as "version updates" shall henceforth be referred to as "patches."
____________________________


#8 Jan 31 2011 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
Libtech wrote:
Sounds good to me Smiley: nod

I just told a ls mate yesterday that I thought the patch would be Wednesday. Unless this is just a pre-patch for the big patch later (the corresponding to the upcoming release of patch 1.15a has me confused.)



yeah sounds like a pre-patch to me, but could be the famous translation mix up
guess we'll see tomorrow
____________________________

#9 Jan 31 2011 at 10:04 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Patch 1.15a Outline (01/27/2011)


This is it.. and it's not that big. As we seem to be getting a patch once per 2 weeks from now on expecting updates like before when they happened once per 2-3 months is kinda far-fetched.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#10 Jan 31 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,335 posts
I think that SE changeing from "version update" to "patch" is causing confusion... think of it as "Patch 1.15a" (a proper noun, rather then verb) or "Version Update 1.15a" and it seems to just indicate the full update.
____________________________
(clickable sig, see this thread for info)
#11 Jan 31 2011 at 10:10 AM Rating: Excellent
15 posts
How is this confusing to anybody? This patch all along was called 1.15a, and that's clearly what they are releasing per the notes. Where is there any mention of a pre-patch?
#12 Jan 31 2011 at 10:11 AM Rating: Excellent
*
120 posts
interesting the eu one doesnt say corresponding

Quote:
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV to implement patch 1.15a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.


Edited, Jan 31st 2011 11:11am by eruantienDraugole
____________________________


#13 Jan 31 2011 at 10:11 AM Rating: Decent
*
57 posts
At the following time (During the time we set aside for the maintenance), we will be performing maintenance (Maintenance doesn't mean implementation) on FINAL FANTASY XIV corresponding to the upcoming release (Setting the stage for the upcoming patch, they haven't set a date for the patch) of patch 1.15a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

____________________________


#14 Jan 31 2011 at 10:11 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
IXICascadeTaiga wrote:

yeah sounds like a pre-patch to me, but could be the famous translation mix up
guess we'll see tomorrow


A: "So we need some translators for our update notes: we release them in English, Japanese, French, German, and (maybe) Spanish."
B: "That's a lot of people! Is there some intermediary between several languages we could use to streamline the process?"
A: "No, there isn't, but I say we just hire a Canadian and call it a day, regardless."
B: "I'm on it!"
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#15 Jan 31 2011 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Funny fact: In 80% of the cases, the english translation is by far
better/funny/interesting than the Japanese original (?). Count yourselves lucky.
#16 Jan 31 2011 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
*
90 posts
OGBalbanes wrote:
How is this confusing to anybody? This patch all along was called 1.15a, and that's clearly what they are releasing per the notes. Where is there any mention of a pre-patch?


At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV corresponding to the upcoming release of patch 1.15a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.


not saying it is a pre-patch, just saying it sounds like it might be on with the wording
____________________________

#17 Jan 31 2011 at 10:26 AM Rating: Excellent
*
146 posts
AnnabelleCloud wrote:
At the following time (During the time we set aside for the maintenance), we will be performing maintenance (Maintenance doesn't mean implementation) on FINAL FANTASY XIV corresponding to the upcoming release (Setting the stage for the upcoming patch, they haven't set a date for the patch) of patch 1.15a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.



"* Clients will update automatically upon launch after release of the patch.

* Patch download rates may vary depending on server congestion. "
#18 Jan 31 2011 at 10:33 AM Rating: Good
*
120 posts
eruantienDraugole wrote:

Quote:
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV to implement patch 1.15a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

]



quoting myself as no one seems to have read my post, as it states on the EU lodestone it says implement
____________________________


#19 Jan 31 2011 at 10:37 AM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
why is the UK and NA always diffrent..... its both english
____________________________

#20 Jan 31 2011 at 10:40 AM Rating: Good
**
395 posts
Yay for update!
Back to grouping again!
IXICascadeTaiga wrote:
why is the UK and NA always diffrent..... its both english

Because it's easier to start a debate using American English. Or because translators are lame and like to confuse people.

Fish and Chips for example.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 11:43am by Eadieni
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#21 Jan 31 2011 at 10:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,707 posts
IXICascadeTaiga wrote:
why is the UK and NA always diffrent..... its both english


To be fair I can barely understand UK people at times (especially the heavier the accent xD), regardless of English being my 2nd language lol. They probably reword it for the UK one since I think the NA side in both XI and XIV was always the most vague.
____________________________

#22 Jan 31 2011 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
*
57 posts
northernsky wrote:
AnnabelleCloud wrote:
At the following time (During the time we set aside for the maintenance), we will be performing maintenance (Maintenance doesn't mean implementation) on FINAL FANTASY XIV corresponding to the upcoming release (Setting the stage for the upcoming patch, they haven't set a date for the patch) of patch 1.15a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.



"* Clients will update automatically upon launch after release of the patch.

* Patch download rates may vary depending on server congestion. "


I can understand the confusion, they definitely have trouble with the language of announcements. Not speaking or writing per say as much as the context they write it in. Would be helpful if they just said 'At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV that allows easy implementation and a smaller file sizes for patch 1.15a when the patch is finalized and ready to be executed at a future date. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.'
____________________________


#23 Jan 31 2011 at 10:47 AM Rating: Default
***
3,178 posts
Lodestone should say "Patch" in the Information page headline if that is what it is.


Edited, Jan 31st 2011 1:57pm by RufuSwho
#24 Jan 31 2011 at 10:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
Why is this confusing? they are doing server maintenance and releasing patch 1.15a. Server maintenance is not the same as releasing a patch, therefore the maintenance coincides w/ the patch.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#25 Jan 31 2011 at 10:50 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
180 posts
eruantienDraugole wrote:
eruantienDraugole wrote:

Quote:
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV to implement patch 1.15a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

]



quoting myself as no one seems to have read my post, as it states on the EU lodestone it says implement



Thanks for clearing that up. The thing that had me most confused is the corresponding to the upcoming release blah blah part. In XI (maybe I should start remembering that this is a different game) some large patches (I view this patch as rather large) were split up into a couple patches with the first usually being a pre-patch I guess so the whole patch wouldn't take forever to download and it might be easier to implement on SE's end. I just thought this might be a similar situation.

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 11:51am by Libtech
____________________________
FFXI: PLD BST BRD RDM SAM PUP


#26 Jan 31 2011 at 10:56 AM Rating: Good
*
130 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
Why is this confusing? they are doing server maintenance and releasing patch 1.15a. Server maintenance is not the same as releasing a patch, therefore the maintenance coincides w/ the patch.


^This :D

Can't wait to try out partying after the patch and see how it goes :P
____________________________

yfaithfully wrote:
To add to those, if you can get this DeLorean up to 88 MPH, you'll be able to play this game in 2019 when they've finally implemented mounts.

#27 Jan 31 2011 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
it sounds like they will be releasing 1.15b, or 1.16 (depending on how they handle their naming scheme) later in February to contain the major changes to the UI and the quests that were stated to come out in February. I admit, I am too lazy and don't remember if/what they said they were trying to get into Feb. for UI changes, but the quests were definitely set to make it *after* the 1.15a release. And considering how much dialog, interaction, map markers, and player data changes would be necessary for quests, that alone would make the next patch *big* in comparison to the current patch (of course, it would also depend on how much data they already passed down to the client at this point, and how much data they slip into this patch to offset the comming patch).
#28 Jan 31 2011 at 10:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Patch download rates may vary depending on server congestion


I don't recall seing this line before, I wonder if it means that release day patches will be server based and if you need that patch later down the road it will be the old way... or some variation.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#29 Jan 31 2011 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
rfolkker wrote:
it sounds like they will be releasing 1.15b, or 1.16 (depending on how they handle their naming scheme) later in February to contain the major changes to the UI and the quests that were stated to come out in February. I admit, I am too lazy and don't remember if/what they said they were trying to get into Feb. for UI changes, but the quests were definitely set to make it *after* the 1.15a release. And considering how much dialog, interaction, map markers, and player data changes would be necessary for quests, that alone would make the next patch *big* in comparison to the current patch (of course, it would also depend on how much data they already passed down to the client at this point, and how much data they slip into this patch to offset the comming patch).

Indeed, there could already be a ton of groundwork for future content that we just can't see yet. They could add more at any time.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#30 Jan 31 2011 at 11:13 AM Rating: Excellent
**
395 posts
Well remember 1.15a is a small update scheduled for "Early February" but previous posts mentioned a Mid February patch, so it makes sense that there are two parts to patch 1.15, hence the 1.15a instead of just 1.15

That line about the server congestion I don't recall either, perhaps they are going to get rid of the crappy patcher we use now? (Wishful thinking, I know)

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:14pm by Eadieni
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#31 Jan 31 2011 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
it sounds like they will be releasing 1.15b, or 1.16 (depending on how they handle their naming scheme) later in February to contain the major changes to the UI and the quests that were stated to come out in February. I admit, I am too lazy and don't remember if/what they said they were trying to get into Feb. for UI changes, but the quests were definitely set to make it *after* the 1.15a release. And considering how much dialog, interaction, map markers, and player data changes would be necessary for quests, that alone would make the next patch *big* in comparison to the current patch (of course, it would also depend on how much data they already passed down to the client at this point, and how much data they slip into this patch to offset the comming patch).


They've stated a few things before:

A) They divide patches into "adjustments on existing features" and "introducing new content".

B) This patch seems to contain adjustments on existing features.

C) Yoshida said quests and miniquests will come "sometime after the beginning of February".

Three things can be concluded from this.

1) This patch is an adjustment patch.

2) In few weeks we will get a content patch.

3) There will most likely not be any overlap with the patches, so no content in adjustment patch and no adjustments in content patch.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#32 Jan 31 2011 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Eadieni wrote:
That line about the server congestion I don't recall either, perhaps they are going to get rid of the crappy patcher we use now? (Wishful thinking, I know)


I hope so, or at least some sort of tweaking to the way their P2P bit works... but I always thought the more people using it the faster it got, so rephrasing (and for the first time mentioning) makes it seem to me like it will be a non-P2P patch. Guess we'll see in a small number of hours ^.^
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#33 Jan 31 2011 at 12:19 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
With all this stuff coming from SE it feels to me they are working round the clock, and burning the candle at both ends to get the content end of the game implemented.

This current patch looks to be a frame work patch to see how the playerbase responds. Looking at there will be a SP adjustment coming this is amazing, only if it improves how party sp is gained!! I am stoked to see how SE handles this and will it make party exping viable again. I'll be honest its one of the biggest things I miss from XI, then with more ocntent and story and more NM's coming I cannot wait to hit rank 50 asap even if I go into fatigue I'l take it
#34 Jan 31 2011 at 1:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
Why is this confusing? they are doing server maintenance and releasing patch 1.15a. Server maintenance is not the same as releasing a patch, therefore the maintenance coincides w/ the patch.


"corresponding to the upcoming release of patch 1.1.5a" is a confusing phrase.

They do not use the word "coicide" at all. If they did, it would not be confusing.
#35 Jan 31 2011 at 2:14 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,606 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
Why is this confusing? they are doing server maintenance and releasing patch 1.15a. Server maintenance is not the same as releasing a patch, therefore the maintenance coincides w/ the patch.


Corresponding could mean either related to or accompanying in it's use here. If it's accompanying it than it would most likely mean the patch being released at the same time but if it's related to it than it could be maintenance done in advance and the patch could come a different day.

I'd say the other information leads to the patch being released at the same time but I had to wonder a bit too because of the way it was phrased. Guess we will find out for sure Wednesday.
#36 Jan 31 2011 at 2:18 PM Rating: Decent
**
588 posts
I applaud their change in practices.

Providing information in the anouncement.

Sure beats the **** out of their old ******** method oh there is a maintenance on xyz then you have to wait till xyz to find out if it is just a maint or a maint with a patch.

That kind of BS blows my mind.

Glad they have new management that doesnt suck.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#37 Jan 31 2011 at 2:19 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
sweet i'll have something to do for a couple days before rift beta 6 lol

nice that the patch is on my day off too.

anyone else think its sort of ludicrous of them to change their jargon from"version update" (which i thought was just fine) to the western "patch". "Hey guys! Look at us, we're just like all the other games you like! Wait, what? You don't like those games? You like FF games? And you want this to be a good one? Hmm. Well, we're adding jump..."

i mean, i get it. Its part of their big PR push to appeal to all us uncivilized round-eyes. its just kind of transparent, and borderline desperate imo.

anyway. go patch!
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#38 Jan 31 2011 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
*
58 posts
cornyboob wrote:
I applaud their change in practices.

Providing information in the anouncement.

Sure beats the **** out of their old bullsh*t method oh there is a maintenance on xyz then you have to wait till xyz to find out if it is just a maint or a maint with a patch.

That kind of BS blows my mind.

Glad they have new management that doesnt suck.



Forgive me If I am wrong, but I believe they used to state "Server Maintanance" and "Update" even before the new team...

P.S. Im one of the few people that dont usually rate you down, You make me laugh.
#39cornyboob, Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 2:36 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Must have been too subtle for me to notice but they never said what emergency maintences where for ahead of time.
#40cornyboob, Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 2:38 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) nice subtle use of racism.
#41 Jan 31 2011 at 2:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
how is it racist if i'm talking about myself lol? anyway its a joke. and a plug for my ls that has no members.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#42 Jan 31 2011 at 2:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
Indeed, there could already be a ton of groundwork for future content that we just can't see yet. They could add more at any time.


Wow.
Deja-vu.
Didn't you say the same thing,
like,
5 months ago?
#43cornyboob, Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 3:16 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lol i was sub defaulted , naw i didnt mean to accuse you of being a racist was just a observation of the post, as you mentioned westerners then the round eyes thing and a comment that you thought it was too desperate.
#44 Jan 31 2011 at 4:00 PM Rating: Default
First of all, lol @ Cornyboob. (Seriously why do you bother posting anything anymore.)

But to stay on topic...maybe they are breaking the big "patch" down to reduce the amount of time it takes to download it? Just a thought. If it was a big DL then breaking it up would be good to keep server down-time to a min. So maybe this will be a DL for the most part, and then second maint will be the implementation and release of the rest of the files?
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#45 Jan 31 2011 at 4:35 PM Rating: Good
*
246 posts
I thought it was very clear what they were saying. Seems like people are trying to read too much into it. Though, it really shouldn't surprise me, since people on ZAM have a history of doing so. It is just a maintenance before they release the patch, which they haven't yet announced when it will be released.
____________________________
#46 Jan 31 2011 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
Ararmoire wrote:
It is just a maintenance before they release the patch, which they haven't yet announced when it will be released.

Sure they did, it's coming Wed. Just wait and see.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#47 Jan 31 2011 at 4:44 PM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
Ararmoire wrote:
I thought it was very clear what they were saying. Seems like people are trying to read too much into it. Though, it really shouldn't surprise me, since people on ZAM have a history of doing so. It is just a maintenance before they release the patch, which they haven't yet announced when it will be released.


This is what i'm thinking as well. But hey, I would love to be wrong. So prove me wrong SE! :D
____________________________
FFXI: Server Ifrit
Licksthekitty - 68THF/41WHM/37NIN/30BLM/20COR Mithra Retired

WoW: Realm Darkspear
Claybosmash - 80 Orc Warrior Retired
Ipwnrice - 70 Undead Rogue Retired


#48 Jan 31 2011 at 5:23 PM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
My oh my am I dying in anticipation of discovering what they've done to address party play!!!
____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#49 Jan 31 2011 at 5:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
Quote:
My oh my am I dying in anticipation of discovering what they've done to address party play!!!


i seriously hope this alone will bring a good spark back to each server. we already have a pseudo AH and levequests for bonus SP while not party grinding, all we need is a bare bones endgame and i think we might have a generally more solid population on each server at all times instead of JP time being the most busy.

Quote:
But to stay on topic...maybe they are breaking the big "patch" down to reduce the amount of time it takes to download it? Just a thought. If it was a big DL then breaking it up would be good to keep server down-time to a min. So maybe this will be a DL for the most part, and then second maint will be the implementation and release of the rest of the files?


that would then be the pre patch everyones talking about >.<


Edited, Jan 31st 2011 6:47pm by pixelpop
____________________________

#50 Jan 31 2011 at 9:18 PM Rating: Excellent
How can we have endgame when we don't even have game yet?

I'd like to see this game take its final form before we see endgame. Also I'd like to see more quests/stories/lore, so we can learn more about this epic battle we're allegedly (about to be) in. Otherwise, endgame will just seem hollow.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#51 Jan 31 2011 at 9:46 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,313 posts
Llester wrote:
sweet i'll have something to do for a couple days before rift beta 6 lol

nice that the patch is on my day off too.

anyone else think its sort of ludicrous of them to change their jargon from"version update" (which i thought was just fine) to the western "patch". "Hey guys! Look at us, we're just like all the other games you like! Wait, what? You don't like those games? You like FF games? And you want this to be a good one? Hmm. Well, we're adding jump..."

i mean, i get it. Its part of their big PR push to appeal to all us uncivilized round-eyes. its just kind of transparent, and borderline desperate imo.

anyway. go patch!


Why are you always so miserable?
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)