Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Growing PlantsFollow

#1 Jan 31 2011 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
15 posts
I am new to Final Fantasy games. I just ordered Final Fantasy XIV. I had read that on Final Fantasy XI, you could grow plants in your home? Will you be able to do that in this game as well?
#2 Jan 31 2011 at 11:26 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
180 posts
Hopefully sometime, but you cannot for now.

Growing plants was a fun hobby for me in XI

edit: also you would need a home to grow them in, and homes aren't available yet either

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:27pm by Libtech
____________________________
FFXI: PLD BST BRD RDM SAM PUP


#3 Jan 31 2011 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,707 posts
Unknown, they could introduce a gardening class or add it to botany at one point. The game is still in its infancy so as of now nope.
____________________________

#4 Jan 31 2011 at 11:52 AM Rating: Good
15 posts
I see, thanks guys.My daughter is going to play this game with me. She loves games that have things to plant, and garden. Is there a craft where you could actually have the ability to plant things other then in your home?

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:56pm by maxinehoward
#5 Jan 31 2011 at 1:59 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,313 posts
maxinehoward wrote:
I see, thanks guys.My daughter is going to play this game with me. She loves games that have things to plant, and garden farmville. Is there a craft where you could actually have the ability to plant things other then in your home?

Edited, Jan 31st 2011 12:56pm by maxinehoward
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#7 Jan 31 2011 at 3:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
539 posts
cornyboob wrote:
stuff



I don't think advice on weed is the right kind of response to this person's question :/ Rude and wildly inappropriate.

As to the OP, there is not really a way to /grow/ anything in the game as of now. There is a Botanist class, which deals mainly with the harvesting of plants and cutting of trees. Perhaps at some point down the line the Botanist class will encompass more than just harvesting.
____________________________


#8 Jan 31 2011 at 4:23 PM Rating: Decent
olaurelindorenan wrote:
cornyboob wrote:
stuff



I don't think advice on weed is the right kind of response to this person's question :/ Rude and wildly inappropriate.

As to the OP, there is not really a way to /grow/ anything in the game as of now. There is a Botanist class, which deals mainly with the harvesting of plants and cutting of trees. Perhaps at some point down the line the Botanist class will encompass more than just harvesting.


Did you expect anything different?

To the OP, maybe right now crafting Leves and Botany would be the career path of choice for her. Depending on her age crafting may be a tad bit much, but my x's pre-teen did quite well with most non-serious party aspects of XI so you never know.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#9 Jan 31 2011 at 8:50 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
maxinehoward wrote:
I am new to Final Fantasy games. I just ordered Final Fantasy XIV. I had read that on Final Fantasy XI, you could grow plants in your home? Will you be able to do that in this game as well?


I really hope you didn’t start with FFXIV... that’d just be raelly sad if you haven’t played some of the others and *this* is what colours your whole perception of the series. >_<

Just promise me something, promise me that if you don’t like FFXIV, you’ll still try FFV, FFVI, FFVII, and FFIX (or, hell, all of them!).

With regard to plants, nope; FFXIV doesn’t even have housing... it’s basically in beta right now.


Edited, Jan 31st 2011 9:51pm by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#10 Feb 01 2011 at 3:43 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
Where'd C-boob's post go?


On the topic of gardening, I'd suggest picking up XI, or if you have a great pc, Lord of the Rings Online. That has an entire craft dedicated to growing crops in the land outside of towns.
#11 Feb 01 2011 at 6:08 AM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
Uryuu wrote:
Where'd C-boob's post go?


On the topic of gardening, I'd suggest picking up XI, or if you have a great pc, Lord of the Rings Online. That has an entire craft dedicated to growing crops in the land outside of towns.


Did he get B&?
____________________________

#12 Feb 01 2011 at 1:01 PM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
Quote:
Uryuu wrote:
Where'd C-boob's post go?


On the topic of gardening, I'd suggest picking up XI, or if you have a great pc, Lord of the Rings Online. That has an entire craft dedicated to growing crops in the land outside of towns.


Did he get B&?


Probably... and truth be told, I'm sad to see him go. That guy was like the (unintentional) comic relief of the forums.


Edited, Feb 1st 2011 1:02pm by Onionthiefx
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#13 Feb 01 2011 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
ultrasadface
#14 Feb 01 2011 at 11:52 PM Rating: Default
**
588 posts
It was a bad attempt at humor. Actually glad it was removed. To be fair the OP already ahd his question answered seriously before i posted about growing real plants irl.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#15 Feb 02 2011 at 2:59 AM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
Pikko wrote:
ultrasadface


Heh, poor Pikko. I can imagine your face when you found out there was no gardening in XIV.

I for one didn't do much gardening but the gardening I did do I always used Pikko pots as a reference. I hope they do implement gardening and improve on it greatly. Along with my ******* moghouse dammit. It was so awesome in XI. >.<;;;
#16 Feb 02 2011 at 5:32 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
197 posts
Yes, bring back gardening! :s There is so much potential in that little bit there.... They should at least exploit people's addiction to checking on their virtual crops *coughFarmVillecough*, can't get a cheaper hook than that.

(and housing.... wanna turn mine into a jungle. I also miss being able to craft furniture....)
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)