Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
This Forum is Read Only

1.15a Has Arrived!Follow

#1 Feb 02 2011 at 3:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Patch details are up!

Clicky to Patch details


Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 1:12pm by Osarion
____________________________
XIV Campsite Wikibase - Community Built Camp List
[ffxivsig]400681[/ffxivsig]
#2 Feb 02 2011 at 3:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
447 posts
Woohoo! Thanks for the link, Os. Can't wait til the servers are back up!
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

[ffxivsig]1807250[/ffxivsig]
#3 Feb 02 2011 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
It's a start.
#4 Feb 02 2011 at 3:07 PM Rating: Excellent
10 posts
I know its a small thing to excited about, but I'm really loving the list of things that now stack to 99. Yoshi-P making life better one patch at a time. Go go go!
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1806023[/ffxivsig]
#5 Feb 02 2011 at 3:07 PM Rating: Default
*
54 posts
BrokenFox wrote:
It's a start.


Barely...


Really, this is what what everyone is so excited about?
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1335481[/ffxivsig]
#6 Feb 02 2011 at 3:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Party bonuses have been adjusted to award larger amounts of skill and experience points based on party size.
The amount of skill and experience points awarded for solo battle between ranks 20 and 24 has been balanced to facilitate leveling.
Defeating an enemy of a higher rank than oneself now awards more skill and experience points, while defeating lower rank enemies yields less skill and experience points.


Thank you.

Quote:
Pressing Cancel on the Teleport interaction window listing available teleport locations now returns players back to the region selection screen, rather than exiting entirely.


Finally.

Quote:
Item search results are now displayed with more detailed information.
Up to twenty (20) search results are now shown in ascending order by price, together with the retainer name, unit of sale, and market area.


Let the price wars begin! Hoo-rah!
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#7 Feb 02 2011 at 3:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
180 posts
Among the many good things, I'll really like it when my logs disappear when nothing is said after awhile. I got tired of looking at that chat that happened 10 minutes ago.

____________________________
FFXI: PLD BST BRD RDM SAM PUP

[ffxivsig]1771361[/ffxivsig]
#8 Feb 02 2011 at 3:08 PM Rating: Excellent
*
175 posts
Even little things, like: Pressing Cancel on the Teleport interaction window listing available teleport locations now returns players back to the region selection screen, rather than exiting entirely.


Clearly Yoshi-P is reworking things from the ground up, I'M SO EXCITED!!
____________________________
BST90/BLM90/RDM75/WHM80/BRD75/NIN75/SMN75/THF75/WAR75; Goldsmithing 93; Fishing 100; Ebisu Rod.
[ffxivsig]1241208[/ffxivsig]
#9 Feb 02 2011 at 3:09 PM Rating: Excellent
corralaydhien wrote:
I know its a small thing to excited about, but I'm really loving the list of things that now stack to 99. Yoshi-P making life better one patch at a time. Go go go!


Another small thing I'm happy about is the change making it so your teleport window goes back rather than exiting. I was just wishing they'd address this the other day.

Of course, the SP/Ward changes are awesome too.
____________________________
XIV Campsite Wikibase - Community Built Camp List
[ffxivsig]400681[/ffxivsig]
#10 Feb 02 2011 at 3:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
OMG, did anyone else notice this little gem?

Quote:
The processing burden caused by the graphic display of characters has been improved.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -

[ffxivsig]1815754[/ffxivsig]
#11 Feb 02 2011 at 3:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Edit: Patch version is 1.15a


I'm excited regarding the changes to the Market Wards and also the changes to the Battle System, both the 3-d text and the increased skill points. Hopefully if they have tuned it well we will begin to see party tactics take place.
#12 Feb 02 2011 at 3:10 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
447 posts
corralaydhien wrote:
I know its a small thing to excited about, but I'm really loving the list of things that now stack to 99. Yoshi-P making life better one patch at a time. Go go go!


Seriously, and I was taken back by the laundry list of things to which this change applies. It's amazing to see how many things there are in the game all in one place. And that's just a subset of total items!

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/110203tpgedrfeykjw.html
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

[ffxivsig]1807250[/ffxivsig]
#13 Feb 02 2011 at 3:10 PM Rating: Good
teknologik wrote:
Edit: Patch version is 1.15a


I'm excited regarding the changes to the Market Wards and also the changes to the Battle System, both the 3-d text and the increased skill points. Hopefully if they have tuned it well we will begin to see party tactics take place.


First post, and he catches the error no one else sees. lol Good job.
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#14 Feb 02 2011 at 3:11 PM Rating: Good
*
175 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
OMG, did anyone else notice this little gem?

Quote:
The processing burden caused by the graphic display of characters has been improved.



*raises hand* Me! Me! I did Molly!! Nice one! go Yoshi go!!!
____________________________
BST90/BLM90/RDM75/WHM80/BRD75/NIN75/SMN75/THF75/WAR75; Goldsmithing 93; Fishing 100; Ebisu Rod.
[ffxivsig]1241208[/ffxivsig]
#15 Feb 02 2011 at 3:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
447 posts
lurex the Intelligent wrote:
Even little things, like: Pressing Cancel on the Teleport interaction window listing available teleport locations now returns players back to the region selection screen, rather than exiting entirely.


Clearly Yoshi-P is reworking things from the ground up, I'M SO EXCITED!!


It's too bad they didn't apply this fix to selecting of guildleves, too (selecting faction->broken blade->r40->cancel exits instead of going back to the choice of rank)... but certainly these fixes are a step in the right direction, and implemented much faster than anyone expected.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

[ffxivsig]1807250[/ffxivsig]
#16 Feb 02 2011 at 3:12 PM Rating: Excellent
teknologik wrote:
Edit: Patch version is 1.15a




Ninja edit!
____________________________
XIV Campsite Wikibase - Community Built Camp List
[ffxivsig]400681[/ffxivsig]
#17 Feb 02 2011 at 3:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
McDomination wrote:
BrokenFox wrote:
It's a start.


Barely...


Really, this is what what everyone is so excited about?

It's the start of progress. The new team has been around for what, little over a month? And we're already seeing direct improvement. The game is moving in a good direction and the player base is happy to see it. Stop whining.
#18 Feb 02 2011 at 3:14 PM Rating: Good
*
112 posts
all i can say it WOOT! cannot wait to log in.

and thats nice they changed exp/sp amounts for 20-24 since all my dow/m are r20 ^^

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 4:15pm by elevencharle

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 4:15pm by elevencharle
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1830295[/ffxivsig]
#19 Feb 02 2011 at 3:15 PM Rating: Good
*
69 posts
This game gets better everyday.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1828056[/ffxivsig]
#20 Feb 02 2011 at 3:15 PM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
Quote:
<*> The processing burden caused by the graphic display of characters has been improved.

HOLLY GOD!! FINALLY! i can't wait to see how it will be working \(^w^)/

#21 Feb 02 2011 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Lots of small fixes that will smooth things out quite a bit! I'm stoked about item stacking, I swear half of my inventory is filled with ores from doing repeated guildleves. Also, I'm very happy about improvements to the processing of character models, hopefully this fixes the choppiness I've been experiencing in Ul'dah lately. And, of course, I'm eager to see the effects of soloing changes.

Good stuff all around, and this was just Round 1(a), lol.

Can't wait to see what happens two weeks from now... hopefully quests!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#22 Feb 02 2011 at 3:17 PM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
Grand Master Alchemist StateAlchemist2 wrote:
Quote:
Item search results are now displayed with more detailed information.
Up to twenty (20) search results are now shown in ascending order by price, together with the retainer name, unit of sale, and market area.


Let the price wars begin! Hoo-rah!

I'm fully prepare for that war! Though i wouldn't want to be in it i must as a seller T_T
#23 Feb 02 2011 at 3:20 PM Rating: Good
*
82 posts
Excellent patch. Nothing here that singlehandedly will blow your panties off, but it addresses many of those little "Dangit, I hate that" things. I'm hopeful for the graphic load revisions, as I play on a very low-end computer (read "dinosaur").
#24 Feb 02 2011 at 3:21 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
So, are they trying to say we can exp off drakes now?

Seems like all the entries in the letter with dash marks next to them were added in this adjustment/fix patch, but I dont see the enemy model adjustment entry. Maybe its in another regions notes, set aside till next patch, or just a stealth update that didnt really need to be mentioned?

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 3:22pm by Teknoman
____________________________
[ffxivsig]459195[/ffxivsig]
#25 Feb 02 2011 at 3:22 PM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Seems like all the entries in the letter with dash marks next to them were added in this adjustment/fix patch


Dash marks simply mean there are no further plans to improve said feature any further.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#26 Feb 02 2011 at 3:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
They're good changes.

I kind of expected more because of that list he posted in his second letter. (Really thought company system was coming >.<)

But they're good changes.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____
[ffxivsig]499417[/ffxivsig]
#27 Feb 02 2011 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
Seems like all the entries in the letter with dash marks next to them were added in this adjustment/fix patch


Dash marks simply mean there are no further plans to improve said feature any further.


So...what would that say for the enemy model adjustment, out of curiosity?
____________________________
[ffxivsig]459195[/ffxivsig]
#28 Feb 02 2011 at 3:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
53 posts
Though this patcdh may be relitively small it does represent another giant step for SE in regaining the trust of the players. That trust, more then anything else, will be what really makes or breaks this game in the long run. To Yoshi P. keep the channels open and the information flowing as you have done so far. If you stay true to your promises you will succed.











____________________________

[ffxivsig]1823439[/ffxivsig]
#29 Feb 02 2011 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
*
59 posts
McDomination wrote:
BrokenFox wrote:
It's a start.


Barely...


Really, this is what what everyone is so excited about?



There is always at least one person who is NEVER happy about anything. I'm way excited. And you sir will not rain on my parade :P
____________________________
FFXI-Retired 75 RDM/WHM/DRK
Rhya Caitsith Server
Retired: July 2009

[ffxivsig]604258[/ffxivsig]
#30 Feb 02 2011 at 3:29 PM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
So...what would that say for the enemy model adjustment, out of curiosity?


I'm not sure what you are referring to, but it means there are no further plans to change/add anything else to the "Planned" tab, for example the "changes to enemy group dynamics". It doesn't imply said feature is ready or unfinished.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#31 Feb 02 2011 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
315 posts
woot! cant wait to log in an get some SP parties started!
____________________________
FFXI 2003-2007: Elaron ~Phoenix
FFXIV 2010-> : Gus Morgan ~Wutai
[ffxivsig]430873[/ffxivsig]
#32 Feb 02 2011 at 3:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Well, this is basically an auction house(auction house + manual walk to arbitrary location to pick up item instead of mail box). I might try to update my game and play when I get home today.

It sure seems like this new guy has a better idea what he's doing. More 'lets make the game good doing conventionally good things' and less 'lets do random things and inform people that this is good and they're just misguided'

I'd say the other thing that's severely lacking right now, besides a myriad of tweaks just to make things tighter and content of course is a mail system. It would be super nice to have. Not going to kill my experience like trying to be a crafter without resources did.


Do people use food yet?

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 1:40pm by digitalcraft
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#33 Feb 02 2011 at 3:35 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
Quote:
So...what would that say for the enemy model adjustment, out of curiosity?


I'm not sure what you are referring to, but it means there are no further plans to change/add anything else to the "Planned" tab, for example the "changes to enemy group dynamics". It doesn't imply said feature is ready or unfinished.


This:

Revision of enemy sizes
Optimization of enemy size for ease of play —


Just assumed that since everything else in the letter that had dashes, meaning they were complete/finished, was implemented with today's patch, the enemy group dynamic and enemy size adjustments would be in as well.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]459195[/ffxivsig]
#34 Feb 02 2011 at 3:40 PM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Just assumed that since everything else in the letter that had dashes, meaning they were complete/finished, was implemented with today's patch, the enemy group dynamic and enemy size adjustments would be in as well.


It means that as far as the "Revision of enemy sizes"-plan goes, optimizing the enemy sizes for ease of play is the only adjustment they'll do at this time. It doesn't mean it's ready, only that they aren't going to change the enemy sizes after the aforementioned adjustment is implemented someday.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#35 Feb 02 2011 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
**
602 posts
I'm really happy they are changing exping dynamics towards XI's route.

I hope they fix enmity though. Currently it makes no ******* sense. Best way to keep enmity is to spam ****.

But all that aside... am I the only one whos REALLY hyped over the 3D text? Small aesthetic details like those make a game's immersion.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.
[ffxivsig]1810830[/ffxivsig]
#36 Feb 02 2011 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
**
821 posts
Patch is downloadable now.

Seems to be pretty small, took me like 2min to dl.
#37 Feb 02 2011 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
Oh well. Was kinda hoping some of the smaller/midsized enemies would have been resized with this update, but i'll take what I can get.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]459195[/ffxivsig]
#38 Feb 02 2011 at 3:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
27 posts
wooo so many little things fixed:) really excited about this
#39 Feb 02 2011 at 3:45 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
I'm really happy they are changing exping dynamics towards XI's route.

I hope they fix enmity though. Currently it makes no @#%^ing sense. Best way to keep enmity is to spam sh*t.

But all that aside... am I the only one whos REALLY hyped over the 3D text? Small aesthetic details like those make a game's immersion.


MajidahSihaam wrote:
I'm really happy they are changing exping dynamics towards XI's route.

I hope they fix enmity though. Currently it makes no @#%^ing sense. Best way to keep enmity is to spam sh*t.

But all that aside... am I the only one whos REALLY hyped over the 3D text? Small aesthetic details like those make a game's immersion.


Nah, i'm right there with you, along with the other adjustments that offer ease of use.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]459195[/ffxivsig]
#40 Feb 02 2011 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
Teknoman wrote:
Oh well. Was kinda hoping some of the smaller/midsized enemies would have been resized with this update, but i'll take what I can get.

seriously. seeing a fully armored warrior battling a tiny rat just looks dumb, but fighting GIANT rat would be pretty cool don't ya think!?
#41 Feb 02 2011 at 3:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Teknoman wrote:

MajidahSihaam wrote:
I'm really happy they are changing exping dynamics towards XI's route.

I hope they fix enmity though. Currently it makes no @#%^ing sense. Best way to keep enmity is to spam sh*t.

But all that aside... am I the only one whos REALLY hyped over the 3D text? Small aesthetic details like those make a game's immersion.


Nah, i'm right there with you, along with the other adjustments that offer ease of use.


also oddly stoked about the 3d battle text. anything to make things a little more exciting. on the patch notes he says its to give the game a more FF feel. works for me.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#42 Feb 02 2011 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Instance-related boundaries are now more visible on the minimap.


Yeah it's a small thing, but as some one who had to redo a quest due to walking outside the boundry... THANK YOU!
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#43 Feb 02 2011 at 3:54 PM Rating: Good
*
106 posts
Yay! Download finished!!!
____________________________

[ffxivsig]409483[/ffxivsig]
#44 Feb 02 2011 at 3:57 PM Rating: Decent
Shezard wrote:
Patch is downloadable now.

Seems to be pretty small, took me like 2min to dl.


Only took me 30 seconds... o.o Seems a bit small for all the stuff they changed... I am happy though I hate long downloads... D:
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#45 Feb 02 2011 at 3:58 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
BrokenFox wrote:
Teknoman wrote:
Oh well. Was kinda hoping some of the smaller/midsized enemies would have been resized with this update, but i'll take what I can get.

seriously. seeing a fully armored warrior battling a tiny rat just looks dumb, but fighting GIANT rat would be pretty cool don't ya think!?


This.

I'm hoping they just forgot to add it to the notes but am doubtful it made it in. We all know how SE likes to use before and after pictures so we can see the difference in things, so if we don't see it tonight, then hopefully in a couple weeks.

Great start nonetheless!

edit: Oh god why did i just remember the last infamous before/after pic they used to illustrate mob placement, with the goats staring straight into our soul... god that was bad! :)

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 5:01pm by OGBalbanes
#46 Feb 02 2011 at 3:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
27 posts
oh wow i didnt notice the 3d text too:)
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1830349[/ffxivsig]

FFXI-Asura, Character- Boatsingtao
#47 Feb 02 2011 at 4:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
235 posts
I really don't like it showing the price of everyone selling the item you are looking for. Great for buying stuff but sucks for selling stuff. Now, its just gonna turn into nothing but undercutting and monopolizing. I really like how it is now where there is risk to find bad deals and chance to find good deals.

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 5:07pm by Scape13
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1812502[/ffxivsig]
#48 Feb 02 2011 at 4:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
531 posts
Hope more parties come along because of this patch!
____________________________





[ffxivsig]1758394[/ffxivsig]
#49 Feb 02 2011 at 4:11 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
Scape13 wrote:
I really don't like it showing the price of everyone selling the item you are looking for. Great for buying stuff but sucks for selling stuff. Now, its just gonna turn into nothing but undercutting and monopolizing. I really like how it is now where there is risk to find bad deals and chance to find good deals.

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 5:07pm by Scape13


Well im sure people still wont sell items for lower than a certain price. No one is going to sell something for less than the effort/materials they put into crafting/finding it right?
____________________________
[ffxivsig]459195[/ffxivsig]
#50 Feb 02 2011 at 4:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
991 posts
Teknoman wrote:
Scape13 wrote:
I really don't like it showing the price of everyone selling the item you are looking for. Great for buying stuff but sucks for selling stuff. Now, its just gonna turn into nothing but undercutting and monopolizing. I really like how it is now where there is risk to find bad deals and chance to find good deals.

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 5:07pm by Scape13


Well im sure people still wont sell items for lower than a certain price. No one is going to sell something for less than the effort/materials they put into crafting/finding it right?


Yes and no

Items that are mass produced by many people will see a price drop(certain harvested items)
Items that are rarely in the markets as is because they are bought out so fast will still keep good prices on them(buffalo hides)
____________________________

[ffxivsig]445254[/ffxivsig]
#51 Feb 02 2011 at 4:17 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
447 posts
Vedis wrote:
Teknoman wrote:
Scape13 wrote:
I really don't like it showing the price of everyone selling the item you are looking for. Great for buying stuff but sucks for selling stuff. Now, its just gonna turn into nothing but undercutting and monopolizing. I really like how it is now where there is risk to find bad deals and chance to find good deals.

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 5:07pm by Scape13


Well im sure people still wont sell items for lower than a certain price. No one is going to sell something for less than the effort/materials they put into crafting/finding it right?


Yes and no

Items that are mass produced by many people will see a price drop(certain harvested items)
Items that are rarely in the markets as is because they are bought out so fast will still keep good prices on them(buffalo hides)



This is basic microeconomics. Supply and demand.
Already a money supply surplus in this game. The economy is not the be-all for suppliers to make money. If prices drop, there's a reason.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

[ffxivsig]1807250[/ffxivsig]
« Previous 1 2 3
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 49 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (49)