Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

First Glance: Substantial SP gains!Follow

#102 Feb 03 2011 at 8:04 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
TerraSonicX wrote:
I think the SP boost is great. I don't know why people are complaining that people are going to get to R50 faster. The fatigue system slows them down anyway, also with the previous system the people that play 5 or more hours before were going to be at R50 before the casuals anyway. Besides these huge SP gains are mostly from high level leves, which can only be done every 36 hours, so getting an extra 5K-10K every day and a half isn't a big deal. I've heard so many people ******** about leveling R20-R50 being very tedious, so this SP boost helps alleviate that tedium.

Except that I went from getting 50k on my LSes leve run to getting 100k. An adjustment was completely necessary, but what we got is overkill, and it won't last.


People are forgetting about fatigue. So it's far from overkill, it's actually a nice people to help the lower ranked people catch up so they can do the storyline and class quests for example.
____________________________

#103 Feb 03 2011 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
*
86 posts
to the people complaining.... WOW just wow... you wanted a change and you get it in spades and you still complain... this is the reason SE never listens to you babies because you never know what you want.

Thats first off second off this is not WoW or DC universe.. you almost HAVE to level 3-4 jobs to get good skills and do your own repairs. Then you have to level DoL to get some supplies to level crafts which help level DoW for repairs. The sp curve is STILL a bit to slow for that IMO but its much better. Stop complaining the game is free you guys are getting on my nerves. End game content will be there its always a staple of MMos so shut up and level your jobs.
#104 Feb 03 2011 at 8:50 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
259 posts
Mistress Theonehio wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
TerraSonicX wrote:
I think the SP boost is great. I don't know why people are complaining that people are going to get to R50 faster. The fatigue system slows them down anyway, also with the previous system the people that play 5 or more hours before were going to be at R50 before the casuals anyway. Besides these huge SP gains are mostly from high level leves, which can only be done every 36 hours, so getting an extra 5K-10K every day and a half isn't a big deal. I've heard so many people ******** about leveling R20-R50 being very tedious, so this SP boost helps alleviate that tedium.

Except that I went from getting 50k on my LSes leve run to getting 100k. An adjustment was completely necessary, but what we got is overkill, and it won't last.


People are forgetting about fatigue. So it's far from overkill, it's actually a nice people to help the lower ranked people catch up so they can do the storyline and class quests for example.



Surplus is not THAT big of a deal! Many people grind right through it.
#105 Feb 03 2011 at 8:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
72 posts
Sigmakan wrote:
Have you hit surplus before? Its a 10% reduction in SP. Thats not going to slow anyone down lol



I've hit Red Suprlus before, seems about 75% reduction. I can see alot of people hitting that now.
Was Ranking my R9 last night and now it's R18 (didn't hit surplus) in a couple hours. Starting at 1800SP per kill on some mobs linking Leves with Guardian, ending at 900SP per kill. 10 person party. Was alot of fun. I noticed when we added a couple more people to the same R10 leves (over the 10 we had) we started getting less SP because the Toughness of the mobs was declared weaker (500 compared to 700). But once we ported over to R20 camp (no longer doing 5 star, had to switch to 3 star) we were doing ok again.
So although you could run with at 15 man party, I can't see it being as effective unless you are fighting real tough mobs that will 1 shot AOE your entire party anyways. Prob a 10 man party on mobs that are yellow - orange will be pretty good
____________________________






#106 Feb 03 2011 at 8:54 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
544 posts
Mistress Theonehio wrote:

People are forgetting about fatigue. So it's far from overkill, it's actually a nice people to help the lower ranked people catch up so they can do the storyline and class quests for example.


Lol fatigue. Fatigue is nothing. I was in fatigue and grinded right through it to 50 from 30k tnl a few moments ago. It took a tad bit over an hour.

Fatigue is an annoyance at worst. Certainly not a gap stopper. Class quest and the SL quest are extraordinarily mundane. If this sticks I'd be utterly amazed.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 10:53am by Vackashken
____________________________
Counting Sheep of Balmung



#107 Feb 03 2011 at 8:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
TerraSonicX wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:

Except that I went from getting 50k on my LSes leve run to getting 100k. An adjustment was completely necessary, but what we got is overkill, and it won't last.



True, that sounds like overkill and I can see it nerfed to an extent. I think they easiest way this fix this problem is to get rid of levelinking. BTW, with that 100K how many levels did you progress? I'm just curious.

I got a little more than one rank, which at 40+ feels way too fast.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#108 Feb 03 2011 at 9:08 AM Rating: Decent
*
182 posts
Vackashken wrote:


Lol fatigue. Fatigue is nothing. I was in fatigue and grinded right through it to 50 from 30 tnl a few moments ago. It took a tad bit over an hour.

Fatigue is an annoyance at worst. Certainly not a gap stopper. Class quest and the SL quest are extraordinarily mundane. If this sticks I'd be utterly amazed.


Your physical level or skill level?

Tell me how did you get from level 30 to 50 so fast?
____________________________
?
#109 Feb 03 2011 at 9:20 AM Rating: Excellent
15 posts
It may seem the buff on SP was too great, for now... but is anyone even looking towards the future when level caps will inevitably be increased? hello levels 60~90...

That may be some time away, but you can expect some god-awful amounts of SP needed for those caps. Maybe SE considered this in this current implementation. Nerf of not, the road ahead to those new caps will be even more ridiculous than the former.
#110 Feb 03 2011 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
TerraSonicX wrote:
Vackashken wrote:


Lol fatigue. Fatigue is nothing. I was in fatigue and grinded right through it to 50 from 30 tnl a few moments ago. It took a tad bit over an hour.

Fatigue is an annoyance at worst. Certainly not a gap stopper. Class quest and the SL quest are extraordinarily mundane. If this sticks I'd be utterly amazed.


Your physical level or skill level?

Tell me how did you get from level 30 to 50 so fast?




I think he meant 30ktnl just missed the k even with the changes no one can do 20 levels in a few nights.
#111 Feb 03 2011 at 9:24 AM Rating: Decent
*
182 posts
Speeral wrote:

I think he meant 30ktnl just missed the k even with the changes no one can do 20 levels in a few nights.



Ah ok, that makes more sense. I was about to call bullcrap on that post.
____________________________
?
#112 Feb 03 2011 at 9:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
544 posts
TerraSonicX wrote:
Vackashken wrote:


Lol fatigue. Fatigue is nothing. I was in fatigue and grinded right through it to 50 from 30 tnl a few moments ago. It took a tad bit over an hour.

Fatigue is an annoyance at worst. Certainly not a gap stopper. Class quest and the SL quest are extraordinarily mundane. If this sticks I'd be utterly amazed.


Your physical level or skill level?

Tell me how did you get from level 30 to 50 so fast?


My apologies - I meant 30 K tnl

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 10:52am by Vackashken
____________________________
Counting Sheep of Balmung



#113 Feb 03 2011 at 10:19 AM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
It's ridiculous to see how many people are completely missing the point.

This is a GREAT change. The whole purpose of XIV's leveling system was to create a horizontal leveling system, where a casual can get a R50 job while a hardcore can get multiple R50 jobs. The previous system made it so casuals couldn't even get a single R50.

To all those citing WoW: No, high level meant nothing. That's how it's SUPPOSED to be now. Level does NOT indicate skill level. That's what endgame and PVP are for. Level just indicates time spent in the game. That's it. Nothing else.

Now before someone calls me out on being a WoW kid, I was the highest level NA Dragoon (non-importer) in FFXI since it was released stateside, all the way until I quit. I was the best. Does that mean I still support that system? **** no. It was great back then because there were no other options. Now there are, and a game isn't supposed to be about reaching max level, it's about what you do AFTER you hit it. Do you level another class? Do you farm NM and HNM? Do you pick up a craft? It's not about leveling mindlessly all day. That provides no sense of accomplishment.

Seriously, get out of the early 2000's.
#114 Feb 03 2011 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
*
112 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
It's ridiculous to see how many people are completely missing the point.

This is a GREAT change. The whole purpose of XIV's leveling system was to create a horizontal leveling system, where a casual can get a R50 job while a hardcore can get multiple R50 jobs. The previous system made it so casuals couldn't even get a single R50.

To all those citing WoW: No, high level meant nothing. That's how it's SUPPOSED to be now. Level does NOT indicate skill level. That's what endgame and PVP are for. Level just indicates time spent in the game. That's it. Nothing else.

Now before someone calls me out on being a WoW kid, I was the highest level NA Dragoon (non-importer) in FFXI since it was released stateside, all the way until I quit. I was the best. Does that mean I still support that system? **** no. It was great back then because there were no other options. Now there are, and a game isn't supposed to be about reaching max level, it's about what you do AFTER you hit it. Do you level another class? Do you farm NM and HNM? Do you pick up a craft? It's not about leveling mindlessly all day. That provides no sense of accomplishment.

Seriously, get out of the early 2000's.



you were the best dragoon huh? that's interesting. besides that asinine statement if a game isn't supposed to be about reaching max lv then how can it be about what you do after? both opinions leave no room for fun while leveling. such as lv capped bcnm and so on. there should be more to a game than just endgame. if you don,t like to "level mindlessly" whether it be killing the same thing over and over or doing quests over and over then please give an example of how to make a game fun without it being "mindless leveling" at all.
____________________________


#115 Feb 03 2011 at 10:33 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Yeah, if he was on Ragnarok or Cerberus then technically I would have been better.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#116 Feb 03 2011 at 10:40 AM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
elevencharle wrote:
you were the best dragoon huh? that's interesting. besides that asinine statement if a game isn't supposed to be about reaching max lv then how can it be about what you do after? both opinions leave no room for fun while leveling. such as lv capped bcnm and so on. there should be more to a game than just endgame. if you don,t like to "level mindlessly" whether it be killing the same thing over and over or doing quests over and over then please give an example of how to make a game fun without it being "mindless leveling" at all.

Top 5 on all servers. Best on Midgard. Ragnarok had importers, including a few of my friends. One of whom I learned the ins and outs of DRG with while we leveled. I was in GameOver.

As for the leveling, SE stated themselves that the grind is supposed to be a horizontal one. If you have the CE and watched the DVD, you'll see that SE's intent was for anyone to be able to reach R50, but for the hardcore to be able to reach R50 on multiple jobs. That's the real grind. Everyone here is focusing on the amount of time it takes to hit R50 on a SINGLE job. Even with this SP system, no casual is gonna hit R50 on more than 3 jobs (crafting included) any time this year, while a hardcore may get all his essential jobs and crafts to R50 by the time endgame comes around.

As far as content goes, if there was anything to do in between levels like there were in XI, including RSE, AF, BCNM, etc. then the grind wouldn't seem so bad. That said, the way this game is designed, I could see content solely for R50, but requiring multiple jobs at R50 for maximum effectiveness.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 11:45am by SoumaKyou
#117 Feb 03 2011 at 10:51 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Post patch when I would duo leves with my husband, I think I was getting something like 150-200 SP per kill (if I remember correctly). Last night we did leves, I was getting way more than that :D, and the same with Behest :) I am a happy soloer/duoer.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#118 Feb 03 2011 at 10:52 AM Rating: Decent
*
112 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
elevencharle wrote:
you were the best dragoon huh? that's interesting. besides that asinine statement if a game isn't supposed to be about reaching max lv then how can it be about what you do after? both opinions leave no room for fun while leveling. such as lv capped bcnm and so on. there should be more to a game than just endgame. if you don,t like to "level mindlessly" whether it be killing the same thing over and over or doing quests over and over then please give an example of how to make a game fun without it being "mindless leveling" at all.

Top 5 on all servers. Best on Midgard. Ragnarok had importers, including a few of my friends. One of whom I learned the ins and outs of DRG with while we leveled. I was in GameOver.

As for the leveling, SE stated themselves that the grind is supposed to be a horizontal one. If you have the CE and watched the DVD, you'll see that SE's intent was for anyone to be able to reach R50, but for the hardcore to be able to reach R50 on multiple jobs. That's the real grind. Everyone here is focusing on the amount of time it takes to hit R50 on a SINGLE job. Even with this SP system, no casual is gonna hit R50 on more than 3 jobs (crafting included) any time this year, while a hardcore may get all his essential jobs and crafts to R50 by the time endgame comes around.

As far as content goes, if there was anything to do in between levels like there were in XI, including RSE, AF, BCNM, etc. then the grind wouldn't seem so bad. That said, the way this game is designed, I could see content solely for R50, but requiring multiple jobs at R50 for maximum effectiveness.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 11:45am by SoumaKyou


the drg thing i still see as silly to even try and claim but, as far as the other aspects of this game i guess we will just need to agree to disagree on the amount of time it should take to get to certain points in the game. nothing more than personal preference i suppose.
____________________________


#119 Feb 03 2011 at 10:52 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
I have to admit, I love this thread. I went into this thread thinking, wow, people like my wife and me... Only to find out there are people (some are the same people who complained about fatigue), talking about how it's bad that people can get tons of exp in a short period of time. Considering We (me and my wife) can only do leves once or twice a week, we can now get on, and gain a level, and go about what we have to do at home. It really seems leves have regained their usefulness for those who casually play. And normal mobs out in the world giving 300-500 exp a kill sounds great. That was on par with 11, and seems more meaningful and realistic.

As for fatigue suddenly going from the worst idea ever to completely useless, TOTALLY blows my mind. If fatigue didn't change, how did it suddenly become a non issue?

I can see both sides, personally I think it takes a little away from leveling, but the people it really takes away from, are the people who are going to shoot to level cap anyways, so it just makes their trip shorter. For us slowpokes, it just makes our time leveling more meaningful. Get more done in a short period of time.

Since I don't play the game (and I am 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that no one does) to grind away at levels, I don't see how making experience gain less painful is truly a bad thing (considering the HUGE jump between partying and leves, and to be honest, they should have left leves at 48 hours, and done this from the start). There should be (and already on Mysidia the Japanese are partying like mad, and there are constant party shouts in a single day).

This change definitely created the incentive to grind, and there are those who are embracing it, and those who are shunning it (SHUN THE UNBELIEVER!... sorry, had to say it). But either-way, it's a change for the better. It brings people on to level, and it brings people together to get better experience. Soloing wasn't damaged for those of us who do solo/duo, so all around, I would say that SE knocked this one out of the park.

I really can't wait to see more changes, at the rate they are going, I think people are going to be much more active in the game, as long as there are big baddies, and some epic quests (and hopefully a TON of dink, and multi-area quests, and of course NMs).
#120 Feb 03 2011 at 10:55 AM Rating: Good
**
441 posts
a pet peeve of mine is when behest is done, everyone just drops party and then goes and pulls their own leves. WHY ppl???? take advantage of the party bonuses. The problem with getting a 15 person party is done for you. /shakes head.
____________________________
Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul



#121 Feb 03 2011 at 10:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
Level 20-30 content please...

Entertain me please...

I can give a rats *** on how much SP they give out. SP is irrelevant without adding MULTIPLE reasons to play.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#122 Feb 03 2011 at 10:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
rfolkker wrote:
Since I don't play the game (and I am 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that no one does) to grind away at levels
If you played FFXI long enough, there were a lot of people who had nothing left to do but level up other jobs. I know I did. Basically the only reason I was still playing in the last year or so I had played was to level up new jobs to experience something different in the game.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#123 Feb 03 2011 at 11:00 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
I love how I got defaulted for saying I was happy to get a rank last night.

Sorry - but I don't think it is fun to go weeks at a time not even getting a rank let alone a new ability. We were leve linking and I was using guardian's aspect and I am in my early 30s. If I spent the same amount of time in a grind party in XI I would have gained a level or two. I gained a rank and almost got the next one. Why is that a problem?

If you don't like it, go solo some too weak to be worthwhile prey and you can level up as slowly as you did before.

Like it or not, videogames need to reward their players or else they stop playing. If I spend 5 hours in a night playing - I expect to ding. Crikes I am not even in my late 30s - in XI I would easily ding in an evening at this point. These SP changes were needed. Default me for saying so if you want, but ****, I am happy! I've been playing pretty intensely since September and my highest rank is 31! That's not reasonable.

As for getting 100K in a night while leve-linking the best, highest leves with skilled players - no that doesn't seem overkill. Not when the TNLs are so huge.

As for people who say there is no strategy, blah blah blah.

Yeah, there is. I mean seriously. I can see tons of room for improvement in my own and other people's playstyles. People say there is no strategy - but meanwhile no one is really using battle regimens, or even basic strategy (such as buff before engaging the mob! Or don't engage the mob while the mage is buffing! I mean, seriously). If even one person died at any point in your last group - then there is strategy that you are failing to use.

____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#124 Feb 03 2011 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
I was the highest level NA Dragoon (non-importer) in FFXI since it was released stateside, all the way until I quit. I was the best.


lol. Who is this guy? XD
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#125 Feb 03 2011 at 11:24 AM Rating: Good
*
182 posts
Buckeyespud wrote:
a pet peeve of mine is when behest is done, everyone just drops party and then goes and pulls their own leves. WHY ppl???? take advantage of the party bonuses. The problem with getting a 15 person party is done for you. /shakes head.


Well it sounds like to me that SE should make leves solo/duo based only. Anyway maybe those people want to do their leves by themselves or maybe they don't care about the party bonuses because they're not trying to hurry to R50.

Quote:
As for people who say there is no strategy, blah blah blah.

Yeah, there is. I mean seriously. I can see tons of room for improvement in my own and other people's playstyles. People say there is no strategy - but meanwhile no one is really using battle regimens, or even basic strategy (such as buff before engaging the mob! Or don't engage the mob while the mage is buffing! I mean, seriously). If even one person died at any point in your last group - then there is strategy that you are failing to use.


I agree with you 100%. I was levelinking with some random dude a few days ago and he kept running off not using using any strategy. While he was under Weakness, I told him let's wait it out and he didn't want to do that. So he ran off and got killed again, leaving me to do all the work. Also one day I was in a behest and it was me and one other guy and he runs off into battle with out using buffs and dies. So I go off and kill a couple of enemies, then I noticed he's still lying on the ground, so I dropped his leaching *** out of the party and he got *******
____________________________
?
#126 Feb 03 2011 at 11:41 AM Rating: Default
**
415 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
I was the highest level NA Dragoon (non-importer) in FFXI since it was released stateside, all the way until I quit. I was the best.


lol. Who is this guy? XD

And who are you? What LS did you come from? What server? HNM's? When? Name one NA DRG who you think was one of the best. Has anyone ever written something like " http://www.thefinalfantasy.com/forums/final-fantasy-xi/63174-should-xi-have-been-numbered-main-series.html " (search for Soumakyou) about him?

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 12:45pm by SoumaKyou
#127 Feb 03 2011 at 11:45 AM Rating: Excellent
*
112 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
I was the highest level NA Dragoon (non-importer) in FFXI since it was released stateside, all the way until I quit. I was the best.


lol. Who is this guy? XD

And who are you? What LS did you come from? What server? HNM's? When? Name one NA DRG who you think was one of the best. What was the first fully NA HNM LS?



dude, you said something dumb just let it go. your doing nothing but making it worse.
____________________________


#128 Feb 03 2011 at 11:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Simool wrote:
Level 20-30 content please...

Entertain me please...

I can give a rats *** on how much SP they give out. SP is irrelevant without adding MULTIPLE reasons to play.


Adding content is irrelevant if the game plays like ***. So realistically they're on the same level of importance. Especially in this day and age of MMORPGs people will leave your MMO if you have no content just as quickly as they would if it's **** to play, i.e FFXI people left quickly because it wasn't newbie friendly yet it had a ton of content upon the release of the NA version and shortly after.

As much as I'd like things to do I'd rather the game play well first. Like after this patch for example there's some weird animation quirks happening with certain features (sitting > standing, casting > entering active mode etc) and still quite a few animation bugs present from the get go (shield dropping > all animation stops for example) so this is why they're doing 2 patches a month, 1 for fixing things (this one) and 1 for content (next one for feb) and it will continue like that till the game is in great shape.
____________________________

#129 Feb 03 2011 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
I was the highest level NA Dragoon (non-importer) in FFXI since it was released stateside, all the way until I quit. I was the best.


lol. Who is this guy? XD

And who are you? What LS did you come from? What server? HNM's? When? Name one NA DRG who you think was one of the best. Has anyone ever written something like " http://www.thefinalfantasy.com/forums/final-fantasy-xi/63174-should-xi-have-been-numbered-main-series.html " (search for Soumakyou) about him?

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 12:45pm by SoumaKyou

omg omg omg someone mentioned they met you on some 3rd party FF forums. You're the best DRG ever.

/facepalm
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#130 Feb 03 2011 at 11:57 AM Rating: Default
**
415 posts
elevencharle wrote:
dude, you said something dumb just let it go. your doing nothing but making it worse.

Considering I also had one of the best-known NA players and one of the best BRD's in XI in my static party from 1-70 (Teffie), along with being in one of the first established NA HNM LS's, sure.
#131 Feb 03 2011 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
73 posts
Jamaz wrote:
Playing devil's advocate here, but SP is way too fast. I actually enjoyed the grind in FFXI and felt it was an accomplishment whereas even with the previous SP system it wasn't that bad. Can see this being very WoW like allowing you to get your job maxed asap. And I am praying Dolbyn zerg group doesn't come to pass... Really hope they nerfed the SP on those, haven't been able to see.


Sorry Marshall but it seems that you did not get your wish. I left for work yesterday, before the patch, and I was getting about 89-99 sp per doblyn (East of uldah at rank 49). When I got home from work the same doblyns were giving me 189 sp per dob. In other words: bring on the zergfest. I dont have a problem with this. I would much rather have the sp balance in favor of the player than the other way around. And for those who long for the days of endless grinding that they found in FFXI; they have also doubled the xp gained outside of abyssea in that game. So it looks like SE has finally given in and are letting players rank up at a decent pace. Yay for the players!
____________________________




#132 Feb 03 2011 at 12:03 PM Rating: Good
*
112 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
elevencharle wrote:
dude, you said something dumb just let it go. your doing nothing but making it worse.

Considering I also had one of the best-known NA players and one of the best BRD's in XI in my static party from 1-70 (Teffie), along with being in one of the first established NA HNM LS's, sure.



do i really need to say the same thing again?

this has nothing to do with anything so lets just stop this here
____________________________


#133SoumaKyou, Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 12:06 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You guys were the ones who kept it up. I was merely using it as an example of the contrast between WoW leveling and FFXI leveling.
#134 Feb 03 2011 at 12:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*
73 posts
elevencharle wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
elevencharle wrote:
dude, you said something dumb just let it go. your doing nothing but making it worse.

Considering I also had one of the best-known NA players and one of the best BRD's in XI in my static party from 1-70 (Teffie), along with being in one of the first established NA HNM LS's, sure.



do i really need to say the same thing again?

this has nothing to do with anything so lets just stop this here

Please, I am begging you all, DO NOT END THIS HERE!!!! This has got to be the funniest thing that I have seen in weeks!
____________________________




#135 Feb 03 2011 at 12:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
72 posts
Edit: In response to Lux Lex (didn't add as quote for some reason)

I am in the same boat on my Thaum for Ranking up. I am not too concerned about it, but like you I am excited when it happens. Both for, did I get a new skill and I'm 8 ranks away from an Elemental Brand. My other LS has more people at lower Ranks so I'm using another class to party with them till they are higher too.

I like the strategy in this game, Beware of Death Ray after Knat Ports, Dont' stand behind a Goat, Don't stand in front of the Goat. Get the archer to pull mobs from on top of a hill so they have to run around to him while the rest of the party whacks on them. Be ready to heal the person that started a Necrolog Leve when they activate a spire.

My favorite part about the new party SP is that I can party with my LS and learn their play styles and adapt my own if I need to. Like you said, if someone dies then the strategy needs to be addressed, and 5 Star leves are pretty tough.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 1:58pm by SlayerXero
____________________________






#136 Feb 03 2011 at 2:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
I was the highest level NA Dragoon (non-importer) in FFXI since it was released stateside, all the way until I quit. I was the best.


lol. Who is this guy? XD

And who are you? What LS did you come from? What server? HNM's? When? Name one NA DRG who you think was one of the best. Has anyone ever written something like " http://www.thefinalfantasy.com/forums/final-fantasy-xi/63174-should-xi-have-been-numbered-main-series.html " (search for Soumakyou) about him?
Really? A post from an unregistered guest only dropping your name and mentioning nothing of your actual quality, just that you were a high level at the time, on a small FFXI forum?

Weak.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#137 Feb 03 2011 at 2:21 PM Rating: Default
**
415 posts
bsphil wrote:
Really? A post from an unregistered guest only dropping your name and mentioning nothing of your actual quality, just that you were a high level at the time, on a small FFXI forum?

Weak.

Aww someone feels threatened. Where were you during the first couple months of XI?
#138 Feb 03 2011 at 2:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
812 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Really? A post from an unregistered guest only dropping your name and mentioning nothing of your actual quality, just that you were a high level at the time, on a small FFXI forum?

Weak.

Aww someone feels threatened. Where were you during the first couple months of XI?

How's that hole coming along?
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#139 Feb 03 2011 at 2:31 PM Rating: Default
**
415 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Really? A post from an unregistered guest only dropping your name and mentioning nothing of your actual quality, just that you were a high level at the time, on a small FFXI forum?

Weak.

Aww someone feels threatened. Where were you during the first couple months of XI?

How's that hole coming along?

Probably more comfortable than that bandwagon. At least I've got some shade.
#140 Feb 03 2011 at 2:36 PM Rating: Excellent
*
112 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Really? A post from an unregistered guest only dropping your name and mentioning nothing of your actual quality, just that you were a high level at the time, on a small FFXI forum?

Weak.

Aww someone feels threatened. Where were you during the first couple months of XI?

How's that hole coming along?

Probably more comfortable than that bandwagon. At least I've got some shade.



since this thread has already changed to proving how dumb you are... i have to ask how long till you realize we are right?


- my last post about this, sorry for de-railing thread.





Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 3:39pm by elevencharle
____________________________


#141 Feb 03 2011 at 2:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
812 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Really? A post from an unregistered guest only dropping your name and mentioning nothing of your actual quality, just that you were a high level at the time, on a small FFXI forum?

Weak.

Aww someone feels threatened. Where were you during the first couple months of XI?

How's that hole coming along?

Probably more comfortable than that bandwagon. At least I've got some shade.

you should really join us, we have music :)
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#142 Feb 03 2011 at 2:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
moemoe wrote:
elevencharle wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
elevencharle wrote:
dude, you said something dumb just let it go. your doing nothing but making it worse.

Considering I also had one of the best-known NA players and one of the best BRD's in XI in my static party from 1-70 (Teffie), along with being in one of the first established NA HNM LS's, sure.



do i really need to say the same thing again?

this has nothing to do with anything so lets just stop this here

Please, I am begging you all, DO NOT END THIS HERE!!!! This has got to be the funniest thing that I have seen in weeks!


OMG YOU actually KNOW Teffie?!!! Teffie is like, the best player ever of ffxi. Like, his skills are superhuman. ******* i'm jealous. Never heard of you though.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#143 Feb 03 2011 at 2:53 PM Rating: Default
**
415 posts
elevencharle wrote:
since this thread has already changed to proving how dumb you are... i have to ask how long till you realize we are right?


- my last post about this, sorry for de-railing thread.

Right about what? It's hilarious how worked up you lot get over one simple statement that was used as a contrast between "WoW leveling" and "FFXI leveling". Now all I'm getting is a bunch of randoms getting butthurt over that comment.

Jefro420 wrote:
you should really join us, we have music :)

Not unless you have pie. Banana creme.
#144 Feb 03 2011 at 3:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Really? A post from an unregistered guest only dropping your name and mentioning nothing of your actual quality, just that you were a high level at the time, on a small FFXI forum?

Weak.
Aww someone feels threatened. Where were you during the first couple months of XI?
Not playing, because I didn't start until December '05.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#145 Feb 03 2011 at 3:01 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Llester wrote:
moemoe wrote:
elevencharle wrote:
SoumaKyou wrote:
elevencharle wrote:
dude, you said something dumb just let it go. your doing nothing but making it worse.

Considering I also had one of the best-known NA players and one of the best BRD's in XI in my static party from 1-70 (Teffie), along with being in one of the first established NA HNM LS's, sure.



do i really need to say the same thing again?

this has nothing to do with anything so lets just stop this here

Please, I am begging you all, DO NOT END THIS HERE!!!! This has got to be the funniest thing that I have seen in weeks!


OMG YOU actually KNOW Teffie?!!! Teffie is like, the best player ever of ffxi. Like, his skills are superhuman. ******* i'm jealous. Never heard of you though.


Who the **** is Teffie? Never heard of them either.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#146 Feb 03 2011 at 3:07 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
With all due respect Souma, you would be better off leaving your e-peen at home instead of dragging it through the mud behind you.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#147 Feb 03 2011 at 3:10 PM Rating: Default
**
415 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Who the **** is Teffie? Never heard of them either.

Created the BRD FAQ that's still stickied today.

Olorinus the Vile wrote:
With all due respect Souma, you would be better off leaving your e-peen at home instead of dragging it through the mud behind you.

I'm bored at work. Add some instigation. Formula for successful entertainment.
#148 Feb 03 2011 at 3:24 PM Rating: Excellent
SilkWyrm wrote:
Party grinding is still nothing to gush over, at least as an R40 killing raptors with 7 people. 176SP. I mean, it's better... but it seems like soloing coblyns is even better now hah.

EDIT: We just added someone and it went up to 200... hello 15 person party grinds?

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 7:22pm by SilkWyrm


Just dinged 48 on a raptor party. 200-280 per kill very very fast with an 8 person party. Compared to repaeting those R40 leve for the thousanth time it was so sweet. Peist was a little more more SP but took about 10 econds more to kill plus we ran out fairly quickly. Definately the right way forward SE - thank you.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#149 Feb 03 2011 at 3:35 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Who the **** is Teffie? Never heard of them either.

Created the BRD FAQ that's still stickied today.


Only BRD FAQs I see stickied here are Jasmyne (Beating Maat) and Etain (Everything you need to know)

So who the **** is Teffie?
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#150 Feb 03 2011 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
I wanted to wait until I'd had a chance to link leves and such before commenting. Luckily by chance I got that opportunity tonight with some LS members. One commented they got 20ishk xp from a behest, I'd recieved 12kish. I was 32 they were 28ish I think? There's nothing wrong with that IMO as the behest was R30 and also it seemed to me the 3 puks at the end were harder than they used to be, they wiped us (4 melee, 2 PGL 1 ARC 1 LNC). That'd never happened before.

On leves there were times when I thought the SP was a bit too high, but honestly I don't care. We'd linked x1-x2 on them and I was getting 600-800SP per kill with GF/GA (Whatever you want to call it, the game doesn't even know yet and that's something that I feel needs changing eventually). We did another with x-3 link and the mobs were only netting me 500ish SP. No matter what it was still more than I was getting solo and I'm happy.

I did crafting leves, and while the rank of the leve didn't matter the level of the synth did. An R25 leve on TAN netted 600 SP per and I was R21. A R15 leve on GLD21 netter 900ish SP. A R1 CUL leve at R7 netted 300-500 depending on the finished product. So unless the rank of the item was higher the SP was the same as prior. The XP on the battle leves was a bit lower, but the XP on the locals was significatly higher.

Ultimately I can't complain with the current system. I'm hoping the fatigue systems works as inteded and SLIGHTLY slows down those who can play every dat for a few hours but not enough to where they aren't a few ranks ahead of me who can only play every other day for an hour or two. I would consider than an effictive balance.

Party>Solo and "harcore">casual
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#151SoumaKyou, Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 3:52 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Not here. In the FFXIOnline forums. The original BRD FAQ, written before level cap was raised to 75.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)