Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

How can you guys say that is great ?!?Follow

#1 Feb 02 2011 at 10:24 PM Rating: Default
13 posts
Pathetic patch ... even more pathetic if you think its good ...


Green number . WOW

stack to 99 .. WOW

they rewrote a SP table .. and its still broke ... WOW

change some gathering animation .. WOW

the price are on the search engine of the market ward? LOL ... WOW

Seriously ...

What the **** are you happy about?

Any Quest? any more FUN? any low lvl NM? Any compagnies? any new goal?

What the **** are you happy about ..

I want this game to be great .. but dont be some stupid Fanboy ...
____________________________


#2 Feb 02 2011 at 10:25 PM Rating: Good
**
588 posts
You can take up the mantle i dont want it anymore.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#3 Feb 02 2011 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Well for somebody that hates this game, i will give them credit, they are fixing known issues that seem little but add up to be an annoyance first, then they will roll in the "Content" or whatever is content in FFXIV world anyways.
____________________________
MUTED
#4 Feb 02 2011 at 10:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
523 posts
I'll bite:

Nothing can be fixed over night.

This is a good start.
#5 Feb 02 2011 at 10:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
539 posts
I think the happiness has more to do with the direction the game is going in. This patch is showing the developers are listening, and they're correcting some fundamental issues before moving on to larger things like content.

Enjoying a games progress, no matter how slow/slight, does not make one a fanboy. I do not expect one patch to make the game zomgperfectbestgameEVAR! it will obviously take time. Let's not crap on everyone's parade while we enjoy the march towards something (hopefully) great.
____________________________


#6Kaillou, Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 10:35 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I agree .. and even happy they are working on it ...
#7 Feb 02 2011 at 10:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
539 posts
Kaillou wrote:
I agree .. and even happy they are working on it ...

I just can't understand ppl that praise this patch lol ... ...





I praise it. I struggled to level my Con from 23-28 pre-patch. My linkshell does levs after I've gone to work or sleep and I fell behind. I was doing a lot of solo-ing and having trouble finding mobs that didn't either a) give crap sp or b) eat my face.

With the update, I can fight green+ mobs and be rewarded with better SP for my efforts. Leveling doesn't feel so hopeless atm, and the prospects of partying again are fabulous. People are already shouting to put together parties on Figaro, and that makes me happy. So..I praise, because I'm pleased.
____________________________


#8 Feb 02 2011 at 10:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Kaillou wrote:
I agree .. and even happy they are working on it ...

I just can't understand ppl that praise this patch lol ... ...


If you were trying to save up $10,000 to buy a car, and you told someone about it and they gave you your first $1000 towards it and told you there is more where that came from, would you be grateful and appreciative, or would you complain because $1000 doesn't get you everything you want immediately?

The correct thing to do is to be appreciative and thankful, knowing that they are trying to get you to where you want to be.


PS, I gained 100k SP and around 300k exp since the patch went live in about 3 hours of playtime. If that's not worth getting excited about, then you won't ever like this game, or probably any game that you can't beat in 1 afternoon.

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 11:41pm by Yabusame
____________________________
#9 Feb 02 2011 at 10:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
97 posts
I would say because it made the over game better. all of this should of been part of beta before the game was released and now its catch up time. I guess it comes down to how their adding and tweaking the game to make it a better experience. I guess some people just don't see it. To me the game is looking better with all the patches they are implementing. It's kinda fun still but not awesome yet. I just can't wait till we get some more content. I understand the fundamentals of the game need to be fixed and added first. So as soon as Yoshi-P thinks FFXIV is at that point i hope the content starts flowing in.
____________________________


#10 Feb 02 2011 at 10:52 PM Rating: Good
cornyboob wrote:
You can take up the mantle i dont want it anymore.


Wow...this is a first...I am rating up cornyboob?!

That says something about the OP... O.o
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#11Kaillou, Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 10:53 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) LOL .. This is for you from my Brother :)
#12 Feb 02 2011 at 10:55 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,708 posts
Maybe my English limitation has finally kicked in but...

Kaillou wrote:
Any compagnies? any new goal?


Wtf is a compagnies?

Aside that....

Kaillou wrote:

Green number . WOW


Green is the new black.

Kaillou wrote:

stack to 99 .. WOW


Smiley: nod

Kaillou wrote:

What the **** are you happy about ..


Things getting fixed.
____________________________

#13 Feb 02 2011 at 11:13 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Yabusame the Wise wrote:
Kaillou wrote:
I agree .. and even happy they are working on it ...

I just can't understand ppl that praise this patch lol ... ...


If you were trying to save up $10,000 to buy a car, and you told someone about it and they gave you your first $1000 towards it and told you there is more where that came from, would you be grateful and appreciative, or would you complain because $1000 doesn't get you everything you want immediately?


To make for a more apt comparison, the person who just gave you that $1000 borrowed $10000 from you four months ago and said they'd pay it back the next day. Sure, you could be grateful that they finally made a partial payment on the loan. Doesn't change the fact that you'd already have the car if they had done what they said they were going to do four months ago.

Quote:
PS, I gained 100k SP and around 300k exp since the patch went live in about 3 hours of playtime. If that's not worth getting excited about, then you won't ever like this game, or probably any game that you can't beat in 1 afternoon.


Some folks are looking for a reason to accumulate all this wonderful SP/XP. If all it takes to make you happy in an MMO is grinding SP/XP, you're in good shape. Some people require a bit more in order to label a game entertaining, however.
#15 Feb 02 2011 at 11:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Faster gathering, prices on search and more sp is SO MUCH win for me.

I'm happy you don't like it honestly, because I don't think I want to play with people like you.
____________________________


#16ElFrereDeLautre, Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 11:26 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I have to agree with this, other than the patch not having much of anything to be exited about, the decision to make the leveling shorter is strange. Even if people are used to have fast leveling experience in other "nameless" game, it is not like FFXIV has anything exciting to offer once you reach the level cap.
#17 Feb 02 2011 at 11:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Aurelius wrote:

Some folks are looking for a reason to accumulate all this wonderful SP/XP. If all it takes to make you happy in an MMO is grinding SP/XP, you're in good shape. Some people require a bit more in order to label a game entertaining, however.


It pains me SOOOO much to agree with you Aurelius... So much pain..

But I agree with this sentiment. Luckily I;m not evne close to max level yet but still.. I wish ther ewas somethign to keep me logged in past the 8 leves per 36 hours.
____________________________


#18 Feb 02 2011 at 11:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Aurelius wrote:

Some folks are looking for a reason to accumulate all this wonderful SP/XP. If all it takes to make you happy in an MMO is grinding SP/XP, you're in good shape. Some people require a bit more in order to label a game entertaining, however.


It pains me SOOOO much to agree with you Aurelius... So much pain..

But I agree with this sentiment. Luckily I;m not evne close to max level yet but still.. I wish ther ewas somethign to keep me logged in past the 8 leves per 36 hours.


i agree as well. I logged in and was very pleased with both the new SP changes as well as the new battle text. But after i got to 30 and (finally) did the next storyline and guild quests, i logged off.

mostly i just wanted to say the previous poster has a pretty epic linkshell name.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#19 Feb 02 2011 at 11:37 PM Rating: Good
*
135 posts
I honestly dont think its that great either, I mean if partying is supposed to be so great now why didn't they rewrite the party search feature a little...... I STILL can't "seek" party.....shouts are pretty limited, theres no "set" place to do it at, camps, 3 cities etc.... we really need a seek option.

Additionally, fighting I'm still finding boring and tedious, it was a nice step and I admit I got excited when I was reading patch notes just for the fact that me and my fiance might actually have fun in a duo now. But the increase in sp gain after we played I realized wasn't the REAL issue this whole time. Fighting is still boring and tedious, especially if your a glad clicking "Guard" every 5 seconds..... something your char should do 100% auto anyway. The active battle system didn't change at all, just sp/xp gain.

I think what OP is saying, and I feel this, is were still waiting for a "real" change to this game, not updates that dont really change the core gameplay at all.
They said they would be overhauling whats currently implemented, and I guess they are, but the things being changed has nothing to do with that "fun" factor.....
I actually think content is ok for the moment, the story after the 3rd mission is actually good, it starts to revolve around "you" and not characters youll never see again later like in XI, so story/missions imo are pro.
If people cap to 50 there is plenty other jobs, just like people did in XI we would go level something else, content level is not great, but its not BAD either. Grinding needs to be fun again, not the same as in XI, but should be fun LIKE it was in xi, in xiv it is just awful, and NO change has come for it yet. They need to enhance the fun factor in what IS in the game, the battle system and party system itself being altered majorly would pretty much have all of us logging in. New content? sure, but not needed yet, highly doubt over 1% has 3 jobs at 50 cap yet. Just enhance what us players would do everyday, and they haven't done s**t yet....
So you can't really say I'm waiting for more content, I'm waiting for this "noticeable" overhaul to the battle system, not a xp/sp table change, and honestly this takes no more then 5 minutes to change.... excuse me, for ONE person to change.. They say there are all these people working on the game every day, but from the patch to me it looks like one person comes in once a week and just alters things already in the game that are not complex alterations. It's ******* me off, free to play atm or not.
And not to sound like a total bi*ch here but spare me the well if you knew what it took to change coding in this or that etc. I know exactly how much it takes and I'm telling you, these dev's are taking they're GD month vacation at the same time or they're just ******** around the office competing with each other on DDR pads on 7 hour lunch breaks on 8 hour shifts.

Even the crafting I'm sorry to say, its tedious. First look having all these cool instruments, crafting gear out the ***, abilities to use while you craft, sounds fun as ****, and at "first" it is, but once you get over the using abilities, and the fact you have a full set of gear for crafting, it turns from fun to repetitious, and from that it turns into being extremely tedious, to the point you don't log in "just" to craft anymore, because there is still no AH and no in-game recipe book, I dont count recipes you've already completed as a book either. That is one thing I will give props to WoW for, and when I say one thing, I mean the ONLY thing..... cause I hate wow, but they have the only crafting system I found fun after getting over the first few weeks factor.
Even XI's crafting system is more entertaining then XIV's..... after the initial glee goes away there was no tediousness in XI's system, at least not enough to complain about, XIV I have to do more input to craft one object then I have to input commands to kill a mob. Little backwards don't you think?

I played Brd in XI on tons, lots of people didn't do it because there was no direct interaction with enemies unless you slept and slowed them. But the main factor was running BACK and FORTH from melee to mage every 3 minutes to cast songs AND pull.
I was not one of the brds that would fall asleep in a party, I would be one of the BRD's that hustled every second of the party and when they would say stop I need a break I would go Huh!? pansies! :O jk.
So I have a pretty high tolerance level when it comes to tediousness lol.
But XIV, at least as a GLD, and crafting, IMO, is by FAR the most tedious game I've played, in my LIFE.
So lets get it going SE, change it.





Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 1:23am by Laernu
#20 Feb 02 2011 at 11:58 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
/0
____________________________

#21 Feb 03 2011 at 12:35 AM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
I've got some advice for you little buddy. Before you point your finger you should know that I'm the man. If I'm the ****** man then you're the ******* man as well, so you can point that ****** finger up your aaasssssss.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#22 Feb 03 2011 at 1:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
To make for a more apt comparison, the person who just gave you that $1000 borrowed $10000 from you four months ago and said they'd pay it back the next day.


My turn!

You paid $70 down to lease a car on a month-to-month basis, with ongoing monthly payments of $12/month. But the car's stereo sometimes cut out, the air conditioning didn't work and sunshade visors didn't fold down properly, so Enterprise waved the monthly leasing fee until the issues could be fixed, while letting you drive the car in the meantime free of charge. AND, if you drive enough during the months you don't have to pay fees, you'll have gained enough Enterprise Points to qualify for a higher-tiered car when your monthly fees start!

I guess you could react in two ways:

1) I hate driving cars that don't have air conditioning! Or,

2) I'll have an even cooler car when this is all over, and in the meantime, this hasn't cost me anything extra!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#23 Feb 03 2011 at 1:20 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
105 posts
Kaillou wrote:
Pathetic patch ... even more pathetic if you think its good ...


Green number . WOW

stack to 99 .. WOW

they rewrote a SP table .. and its still broke ... WOW

change some gathering animation .. WOW

the price are on the search engine of the market ward? LOL ... WOW

Seriously ...

What the **** are you happy about?

Any Quest? any more FUN? any low lvl NM? Any compagnies? any new goal?

What the **** are you happy about ..

I want this game to be great .. but dont be some stupid Fanboy ...


People should only talk like this when SE finally announces, Ok next month we're going to start charging ya because then the game will be what it should of been at release. Till then people like you look like r-tards. There's a reason these are called patches and not a **** panacea, they're fixing different parts of the game one step at a fricken time.

Do what most people are doing and just take a break from FFXIV till the **** they promised is release. I bet you that SE will give players 1 month of free play after they fix all the annoyances and add in the promised content. People bought the game and were given 1 free month of quality play, you'll get it but give SE some fricken time.
____________________________

#24 Feb 03 2011 at 1:25 AM Rating: Decent
**
588 posts
I like your post way better made me smile and remember the last time I had to get a loaner car the lady who checked me into it was probably the hottest babe ever. and it was at Enterprise in Burien WA.

Thayos wrote:
Quote:
To make for a more apt comparison, the person who just gave you that $1000 borrowed $10000 from you four months ago and said they'd pay it back the next day.


My turn!

You paid $70 down to lease a car on a month-to-month basis, with ongoing monthly payments of $12/month. But the car's stereo sometimes cut out, the air conditioning didn't work and sunshade visors didn't fold down properly, so Enterprise waved the monthly leasing fee until the issues could be fixed, while letting you drive the car in the meantime free of charge. AND, if you drive enough during the months you don't have to pay fees, you'll have gained enough Enterprise Points to qualify for a higher-tiered car when your monthly fees start!

I guess you could react in two ways:

1) I hate driving cars that don't have air conditioning! Or,

2) I'll have an even cooler car when this is all over, and in the meantime, this hasn't cost me anything extra!

____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#25 Feb 03 2011 at 1:38 AM Rating: Good
I logged in for the first time in weeks to check out the patch and I have to say I'm pleased with it. Waiting for content to say that I'm all the way back in but I like the way it's going.
#26 Feb 03 2011 at 1:53 AM Rating: Decent
What is all the fuss about? There will be 2 patches in February, the first is a few background fixes, things that dont take too much planning/development/testing. The second will be content and by that I mean what SE thinks is content so UI updates, more leve's, quests, storyline mission etc etc whatever they can manage to get done within the time frame. Next month I would think would be the same format, small fixes on the first patch and content on the second, rinse and repeat month on month until they think the game is in a fit enough state to start charging the playerbase.

It's pretty pathetic that the following happens when SE is clearly explaning everything they do...

Yoshi-P - Ok guys we noticed on the poll that you wanted small but quicker updates so were going to give it to you in 2 small patches per month.

Playerbase - WOO! Yoshi-P rocks!!

Yoshi-P - Right here is what we are trying to release on the first patch but some of it might not be ready in time so just bear with us we promise to get out what we can when we can.

Playerbase - No worries Yoshi-P you still da man!!

Yoshi-P - Ok here is your first patch it is just small fixes and add-ons, enjoy!

Playerbase - WTF Yoshi-P were the f**k is my huge patch that fixes everything?!?!?

Yoshi-P - (Insert Japanese Expletives)
#27 Feb 03 2011 at 1:53 AM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
Zam forums are definitely the best place to go if you want to read an analogy. Here's one.

Lets say you paid $79.99 for a video game that you have been waiting for years to play, you get it and what's on the install disc is a pre-alpha PoS.

Here's the thing with this game, it's always about later.

In beta it was, "This is just beta, if you think release will be this way you're a noob!".
Then when it went live it was, "Games just been released noob, all MMO are like this at first".
A month later it was, "The game's only a month old, they can't change things overnight".
Now it's, "Yoshi just took over he needs time to change everything".

While I happen to agree with the last one, it's still just the same old thing with this game..Later. Everything is later. There's no concept of having something decent now. And if you do want something now, you are simply a cry baby ingrate.

I understand the need to cling to anything positive at this point but seriously, getting a stiffy over being able to stack items to 99...Guys, you still can't kick people from linkshell when they've been offline for 2 months....Come on

Anyhow, gonna brace for impact while the swarm of down rates take this into sub-default obscurity, while I patiently wait for Friday so I can get back into my Beta for a game that is more finished than FFXIV will be 2 years from now.



Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 2:56am by KristoFurwalken
#28 Feb 03 2011 at 1:55 AM Rating: Default
*****
11,576 posts
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
To make for a more apt comparison, the person who just gave you that $1000 borrowed $10000 from you four months ago and said they'd pay it back the next day.


My turn!

You paid $70 down to lease a car on a month-to-month basis, with ongoing monthly payments of $12/month. But the car's stereo sometimes cut out, the air conditioning didn't work and sunshade visors didn't fold down properly, the car's maximum speed is 10mph, it only turns left, the windshield has three cracks in it, it gets 2 miles to the gallon, has only one seat, a trunk the size of a bread box, overheats and dies if you drive it more than 8 miles every 36 hours, and the springs sticking through the seat cushion slowly grind their way into your left *** cheek if you spend more than 30 minutes behind the wheel so Enterprise waved the monthly leasing fee until the issues could be fixed, while letting you drive the car in the meantime free of charge. AND, if you drive enough during the months you don't have to pay fees, you'll have gained enough Enterprise Points to qualify for a higher-tiered car when your monthly fees start!


FTFY.
#29 Feb 03 2011 at 2:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Ok so I just logged n and played in the new sp world..

amazing.

While I have had my complaints, one of my more vocal ones involved the fact that TNLS are larger than in FFXI but epx gains were smaller.

Alleviated, at least in the 20-30 range. It feels more worthwhile to play when not doing leves, and VERY worthwhile to leve link. It may, as some pessimists say, shorten the already light content, but the key is fun.

It's fun to feel like I'm gaining ground.
____________________________


#30 Feb 03 2011 at 2:07 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
KristoFurWalken wrote:
There's no concept of having something decent now.


Um... what? The game IS decent now. In fact, with this latest patch I'd say it's more than decent. It's not perfect, heck it's not even GREAT, but it is steadily improving.

KristoFurWalken wrote:
And if you do want something now, you are simply cry baby ingrate.

I understand the need to cling to anything positive at this point but seriously, getting a stiffy over being able to stack items to 99...Guys, you still can't kick people from linkshell when they've been offline for 2 months....Come on


Do you even play the game? Did you even read the update? Have you read ANY of the recent updates? Each one, while not unbelievably epic, has made some pretty significant changes. Patch 1.15a completely revamped the entire SP system, it also added 3d battle text, increased stack size on 500+ items, completely reworked the Item Search feature into something both functional and simple, added a BUNCH of system features such as /clock, headgear display, invisible chatlog, field of view map markers, and a myriad of other small changes.

At this point, I don't think we're all "clinging to anything positive", I think you are just clinging to anything negative that you can.

Now then, go back to patiently waiting for your beta and stop wasting your time here, because you've made it abundantly clear that this isn't the game for you.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#31 Feb 03 2011 at 2:32 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
BartelX wrote:
KristoFurWalken wrote:
There's no concept of having something decent now.


Um... what? The game IS decent now. In fact, with this latest patch I'd say it's more than decent. It's not perfect, heck it's not even GREAT, but it is steadily improving.

KristoFurWalken wrote:
And if you do want something now, you are simply cry baby ingrate.

I understand the need to cling to anything positive at this point but seriously, getting a stiffy over being able to stack items to 99...Guys, you still can't kick people from linkshell when they've been offline for 2 months....Come on


Do you even play the game? Did you even read the update? Have you read ANY of the recent updates? Each one, while not unbelievably epic, has made some pretty significant changes. Patch 1.15a completely revamped the entire SP system, it also added 3d battle text, increased stack size on 500+ items, completely reworked the Item Search feature into something both functional and simple, added a BUNCH of system features such as /clock, headgear display, invisible chatlog, field of view map markers, and a myriad of other small changes.

At this point, I don't think we're all "clinging to anything positive", I think you are just clinging to anything negative that you can.

Now then, go back to patiently waiting for your beta and stop wasting your time here, because you've made it abundantly clear that this isn't the game for you.


You know i don't wanna ruin your parade, but those things you mentioned are basic things in any MMO today, i dont know why you are getting all exited about getting something that should have been there Anyways.



____________________________
MUTED
#32 Feb 03 2011 at 2:36 AM Rating: Default
**
451 posts
BartelX wrote:
Patch 1.15a completely revamped the entire SP system, it also added 3d battle text, increased stack size on 500+ items, completely reworked the Item Search feature into something both functional and simple, added a BUNCH of system features such as /clock, headgear display, invisible chatlog, field of view map markers, and a myriad of other small changes.



Well, I stand corrected, and I am truly sorry. I had no idea they added battle text, and changed the amount of SP you gain when you kill a squirrel, I mean, if I had known they added the ability to hide your headgear I would have never said anything.........

ANYWAY, the point is, if these are the type of things that make you do cartwheels and Toyota jumps, then I reckon we just have a different view of what makes a good video game.

This isn't an argument over whether or not the game is improving, it's a question of why the **** everyone wets themselves over /clock.




Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 3:40am by KristoFurwalken
#33 Feb 03 2011 at 2:46 AM Rating: Excellent
*
213 posts
^ last 2 posts, so by your logic, they should not do patches as frequently even if they are ready to be installed into the game? They should save all the little updates for a couple months and then release a bigger patch 2 months from now?

Or are you just saying people should never have anything positive to say about the game, and the forums should be filled with negative comments to bash the game 100% of the time?

Everyone should know by now we are taking what we can get!
____________________________


#34 Feb 03 2011 at 2:49 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Ostia wrote:
You know i don't wanna ruin your parade, but those things you mentioned are basic things in any MMO today, i dont know why you are getting all exited about getting something that should have been there Anyways.


KristoFurwalken wrote:
Well, I stand corrected, and I am truly sorry. I had no idea they added battle text, and changed the amount of SP you gain when you kill a squirrel, I mean, if I had known they added the ability to hide your headgear I would have never said anything.........

ANYWAY, the point is, if these are the type of things that make you do cartwheels and Toyota jumps, then I reckon we just have a different view of what makes a good video game.

This isn't an argument over whether they are moving forward or not, it's a question of why the **** everyone wets themselves over /clock.


Lol, should have figured I'd get rated down for trying to inform people that the game is improving. I never said any of these changes were amazing, I simply pointed out that they are being implemented regularly and the game is heading in the right direction. Clearly neither of you cares about that, which makes me wonder why you're even posting in this forum. Do you honestly have nothing better to do than ***** and complain about a game you don't even care about?

Now go back to rating me down because you're too emo to understand that change is good.


Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 3:50am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#35 Feb 03 2011 at 2:57 AM Rating: Decent
**
451 posts
BadJoRed wrote:
^ last 2 posts, so by your logic, they should not do patches as frequently even if they are ready to be installed into the game? They should save all the little updates for a couple months and then release a bigger patch 2 months from now?

Or are you just saying people should never have anything positive to say about the game, and the forums should be filled with negative comments to bash the game 100% of the time?


Not at all what I'm saying, on either point.

I just don't see how these small improvements warrant threads like All Hail Yoshi P. To SE and Yoshi I say "Thank you". But at the same time I'm not gonna have a nerdgasm over something that's been standard in games for over ten years.






Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 4:41am by KristoFurwalken
#36 Feb 03 2011 at 4:05 AM Rating: Good
**
291 posts
First of all: I think the update is great. It breathed new life into the game for me.

Second: Yoshi-P said this would be the first of many updates to come (hopefully 2/month for a while) and pave the way for new quests and content. My wife and I are both having a blast, but we admitted to each other if the next patch doesn't have content they're just shooting themselves in the foot. So assuming they know what they're doing (leap of faith, I know) I have to assume the next patch (be it late Feb or early March) is going to have some real meat and potatoes. They have to know that **** near anyone playing is going to be hitting R50 the way things are lined up now.

On a side note all the rampant "Fatigue/Surplus is worthless" rants I've been posting are now obsolete. Surplus will probably be the ONLY thing slowing down leveling now. My wife just got 1-22 in like 12 hours (or less) of playing a job.

Aside: Aurelius, I thought you promised your LS you wouldn't be playing come the New Year. Are you still playing? Though I find I agree with you on principle a lot, I find it tacky to be beating up on a game you may not be playing anymore.
____________________________
Battle Mage Kiru
#37 Feb 03 2011 at 4:47 AM Rating: Decent
I think everyone who has posted or read this thread are fully aware of the failings and short comings this game had in alpha/beta/release. I dont think anyone can argue anything against that but what the majority of the people here are trying to point out is dispite this the game is being improved. The things that were missing from release are slowly being updated,evolved and added into the game itself. All the haters on here are dribbling on about a point that has already been accepted and debated on and in several forums. So lets drop the argument of fanboys vs haters and maybe discuss the finer points of the patch and how it affects the current game positively or negatively.
#38 Feb 03 2011 at 6:13 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
353 posts
Jesus christ, are people going to mope like this every 2 weeks when a new patch comes out? Don't you realise that this is literally first first load of things they could possible shove out of the **** door? Yoshi said it himself, it was the first round of items ready to be implemented. This isn't ALL they've been working on, they're still working on the user interface and content in the background, and it'll be in when it's ready, unfortunately it can't be done as quickly.


Chill the **** out, and if you had any clue about the game in beta you probably would've had the sense not to buy the game at full priced as a collector's edition anyway.

Shoo, and take your ****-hurt with you.
#39 Feb 03 2011 at 7:15 AM Rating: Decent
**
473 posts
Kaillou wrote:
Pathetic patch ... even more pathetic if you think its good ...


Green number . WOW

stack to 99 .. WOW

they rewrote a SP table .. and its still broke ... WOW

change some gathering animation .. WOW

the price are on the search engine of the market ward? LOL ... WOW

Seriously ...

What the **** are you happy about?

Any Quest? any more FUN? any low lvl NM? Any compagnies? any new goal?

What the **** are you happy about ..

I want this game to be great .. but dont be some stupid Fanboy ...


If you used even an ounce of brain power and read the patch notes, u'd realize this was a framework patch to clean up the last of the game mechanics. Content was going to be coming in later.

I was people like you would find a good blade and a corner and have fun cutting urself alone!!

No one cares!
#40 Feb 03 2011 at 7:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,707 posts
The SP/grind debate is not as convoluted as everyone makes it out.

The people who like a grindy game, like it because levelling in itself becomes a built in goal. When you see a Rank 50 Miner, if nothing else, you say wow that person has put some dedication into his job. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment. You stand out from the crowd just a little bit. It's also a label that tells people you didn't just start playing this game two weeks ago. Oh, you also are the type of person who is perfectly happy doing the same task over and over again. It takes a lot more repetition to drive you to boredom than other people.

To the people that hate the SP grind - you don't see the point of it. Killing things for SP is merely a means to an end. You get bored with repetition. You want to be max level as quick as possible so that you can start raiding and doing other content related activities at end game. You view the levelling process as basically time spent learning to play your job, then when you max it out the real fun starts.

To the grinder, the game is over when you hit Rank 50. To the non-grinder the game is just beginning at Rank 50.

Its an opinion and no matter what SE does to this game you will have people arguing both sides continuing to claim SP gain is either too fast or too slow.
#41 Feb 03 2011 at 7:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,033 posts
The patch brought some cool little changes, but it didn't drastically change anything for me. I will continue to keep tabs on the game and hope for the best. It's a good start.
#42 Feb 03 2011 at 8:04 AM Rating: Excellent
**
473 posts
Dlaqev wrote:
Jesus christ, are people going to mope like this every 2 weeks when a new patch comes out? Don't you realise that this is literally first first load of things they could possible shove out of the **** door? Yoshi said it himself, it was the first round of items ready to be implemented. This isn't ALL they've been working on, they're still working on the user interface and content in the background, and it'll be in when it's ready, unfortunately it can't be done as quickly.


Chill the **** out, and if you had any clue about the game in beta you probably would've had the sense not to buy the game at full priced as a collector's edition anyway.

Shoo, and take your ****-hurt with you.



Dlaqev I am with you!! we get what we have been crying out for and a nice dose of it from SE. We should be tahnkful and looking forward to the future instead we have to deal with mopes like this ******** about every single little detail . . .

This was announced not like yoshi was like let's say this and do that . . . .

He was clear that he wants the game easy to use and fun to play first and then content will start rolling in. I am sorry I am usually not such an **** but posters like this OP are ridiculous.
#43 Feb 03 2011 at 8:07 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
46 posts
If this patch has made the game more enjoyable then whats the problem here?
Who cares what made the game worth logging into, its happened, people like it, doesnt matter if its stack sizes or font colors!
We all know this isnt a content patch. Pathetic?
Whats the freaking problem man?
#44 Feb 03 2011 at 8:16 AM Rating: Good
*
182 posts
Picomaan wrote:
If this patch has made the game more enjoyable then whats the problem here?
Who cares what made the game worth logging into, its happened, people like it, doesnt matter if its stack sizes or font colors!
We all know this isnt a content patch. Pathetic?
Whats the freaking problem man?


There's no problem, just someone looking for attention.
____________________________
?
#45 Feb 03 2011 at 8:32 AM Rating: Default
3 posts
I'm ******* amazed people find leveling through 8 leves (if you have the gd anima) every 36 hours as 10x more efficient than just getting a group of buddies together and camping/roaming for some lvling fun. This is ******* WoW lite. Restrictions in how to lvl as the most efficient way. Jesus H Christ. It's what people ******* about in FFXI at the beginning turned on it's head.

Crave any type of teamwork/tactics? Haha, ***** that, zerg. Renkai's? Battle Regime's? You're thinking too much man, I said zerg.
#46 Feb 03 2011 at 8:36 AM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
It's great, because now you can get to rank 50 faster to do.......absolutely nothing still.
____________________________

#47 Feb 03 2011 at 8:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
29 posts
I don't think that the latest patch is good. Not to the point that it will make the game fun because it is just a set of fixes to the game and maybe something extra for future updates. Although I said it wasn't good, I'm not saying that the patch is bad either. There are some patches that I think are great, some are good and some are just unnecessary.

So far after 3 months of playing FFXIV, having to experience several updates since then encourages me to believe that my investment towards this game could be worth it and could be someday just as what I was expecting for when I bought the game in the first place. However, since the last update I found myself a little disappointed with the changes SE have made to the game. I'm all for the SP and stack size. As well as the search function and retainers. But the FPS reduction in character animation while gathering kind of let me down because it looks like my character was on crack or speed hack or something. I was hoping they could make a more decent solution to gathering but I guess there was no other solution maybe?

As of now I hope there will be a more decent updates coming in this month and that they could avoid those unnecessary changes and put that effort into something else more meaningful into the game. I kind of think that since the new Dev team took over, FFXIV seems to gone out of it's own vision and become as the players vision instead. Hmm.. well this is just my assumption and I hope I'm wrong.
____________________________


#48 Feb 03 2011 at 10:17 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Kirutaru wrote:
Aside: Aurelius, I thought you promised your LS you wouldn't be playing come the New Year. Are you still playing? Though I find I agree with you on principle a lot, I find it tacky to be beating up on a game you may not be playing anymore.


I haven't logged in in over a month. And I haven't been posting a whole lot here, either. It's not like I'm showing up between patches trolling people for playing the game. A patch is announced and I'm curious as to the details. Unlike those playing on a buddy pass who have yet to pay SE a dime for the game, I made my investment in my CE and keep tabs in case something changes that will make it worth playing. Patch comes out, I discuss. It seems to me the people playing should be just as concerned about how these changes impact those who have stopped playing (or have yet to play) as they are their own enjoyment, because until these patches start to peak the interest of people not currently slogging their way through the game, the game remains at serious risk of being shut down.
#49 Feb 03 2011 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Aurelius wrote:
Unlike those playing on a buddy pass who have yet to pay SE a dime for the game, I made my investment in my CE and keep tabs in case something changes that will make it worth playing.
As one of the buddy pass players you condescendingly dismissed, I paid plenty of money to SE for FFXI ($1000+ over the course of 5 years), not to mention the large number of other FF series games I've bought. They just haven't earned it from me for FFXIV yet.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#50 Feb 03 2011 at 10:38 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
bsphil wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
Unlike those playing on a buddy pass who have yet to pay SE a dime for the game, I made my investment in my CE and keep tabs in case something changes that will make it worth playing.
As one of the buddy pass players you condescendingly dismissed, I paid plenty of money to SE for FFXI ($1000+ over the course of 5 years), not to mention the large number of other FF series games I've bought. They just haven't earned it from me for FFXIV yet.


Teehee.
#51 Feb 03 2011 at 10:41 AM Rating: Good
**
845 posts
The game is far from "GREAT" at this point I think many people are just happy they can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. Before I had a hard time seeing the game become fun in 2011, but now that most of the core ground work is there I could see them adding some fun in in the next few months.
____________________________

« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)