Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Why bother selling HQ items?Follow

#1 Feb 02 2011 at 10:29 PM Rating: Good
10 posts
Why bother selling HQ items when the new search system shows prices and doesn't indicate HQ (+1, +2, +3) items? Naturally this happens:

A) I used to sell mainly +1 and +2 armors. Now, its useless to sell HQs at 30,000G because buyers goes to the retainer that sells NQ versions at 29,999G.

B) I price +2s at 60,000G. The item search shows that others are selling the item at 49,999G and 100,000G. The buyer might think, "the 100k one must be a HQ! must check it out!" He found the guy selling NQ for 100k and goes, "F*** all these idiot sellers f*** waste of my time!" Then he continues to buy the 49,999G NQ version and my +2 gets shafted.

Sellers suffer because they can't sell HQs. Buyers suffer because they missed good deals on HQs.

It seems the new dev team is smoking whatever the old team was smoking.
#2 Feb 02 2011 at 10:36 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
539 posts
the search feature lists the top twenty people selling the item at the lowest prices, but still stars everyone who is selling that item. People still have to run to the appropriate retainer, chances are they will glance along the way at the other bazaars with stars.
____________________________


#3 Feb 02 2011 at 10:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
97 posts
its funny only crafters are the one complaining about the item search now showing prices.


if someone is willing to take 5 min they can see if their is a + item for sell. but if they just want a regular item then your still SOL. the wards are still being worked on and this is just one of the patches for them. i'm sure in the furture they will show + items for sell.
____________________________


#4 Feb 02 2011 at 10:42 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
447 posts
I agree with the OP; if you can't explicitly search for HQ items, lumping them in with the generic Item Search Counter results is not fair to crafters. And it's a very valid reason to gripe out.

Given that it is what it is, what I do is sell my HQ items on my playable character's bazaar, and /shout in cities if I'm pushing hard to sell it. I also advertise in LS chat.

I agree, there's no sense in putting it in the market wards on a retainer. It won't sell.

EDIT: I don't agree with the OP's tone, and would like to point out to the OP that the development team is exactly the same. It's management that has changed.

Edited, Feb 2nd 2011 11:43pm by volta1
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#5 Feb 02 2011 at 10:47 PM Rating: Default
**
588 posts
I shout advertise my +1 items they sell for 150k-400k your obviously trying to sell some ***** *** hq gear.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#6 Feb 02 2011 at 10:53 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
447 posts
cornyboob wrote:
I shout advertise my +1 items they sell for 150k-400k your obviously trying to sell some sh*tt *** hq gear.


And you wonder why you get rated down all the time...
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#7 Feb 02 2011 at 11:32 PM Rating: Default
10 posts
Quote:
its funny only crafters are the one complaining about the item search now showing prices.

Why only crafters? Wouldn't anyone, regardless of class, be angry to be misinformed by leaving out important info, ex: better items at good prices?

Quote:
if someone is willing to take 5 min they can see if their is a + item for sell. but if they just want a regular item then your still SOL. the wards are still being worked on and this is just one of the patches for them. i'm sure in the furture they will show + items for sell.

I agree that if buyers spend 5mins to browse, they might find HQs at good prices. But even with the old item search system, players were still frustrated where buyers weren't browsing to the point that a lot sellers quit or didn't bother selling, to the point where there are enough complaints for SE to seriously consider the implementation of an AH. And now the wards pretty much function as an AH where NQ and HQ items are lumped together and the lowest priced item sells first regardless of quality.

I also agree that things will be fixed in the future. But how many players are willing to wait for the "future"? Those who quit since the release could have waited for that future, especially since its free to play so its free-to-wait.

Quote:
EDIT: I don't agree with the OP's tone, and would like to point out to the OP that the development team is exactly the same. It's management that has changed.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to have a malicious tone. The part of my post which contained f-word was quoted from an actual player who was shouting in the wards. However, the comment about the dev team was all mine. I'm frustrated when I see how SE designs updates without considering the consequences. They were the ones who stressed item quality by dividing them into NQ, +1, +2, and +3s. How could they overlook such a simple consequence?

Overall, I think SE implemented great updates. However, they simply need to take a little time to test the system before it goes live.


@Cornyboob Funnyname
I really didn't want to reply to you since I blacklisted you on Wutai in Uldah when you shouted, "Japanese pay 100% pay price, Americans 150% and Germans 50% off!" It might have been a joke, but I really hate racist jokes.
#8 Feb 02 2011 at 11:39 PM Rating: Default
**
588 posts
lol it was a joke thats obsurd but ive had people black list me for less.
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#9 Feb 03 2011 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
You guys are making a big stink for no reason. They already said that after the stability of the wards they wanted to impliment HQ item searching. There's no reason to assume that's not coming soon and we can deal with the system as is for now.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#10 Feb 03 2011 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
**
395 posts
Yeah I'm sure they are already on this. If it's between right now, and the game 2/1/11 this is a much better method.

We're all aware of the issue of some people pricing items too high, combined with +1 items showing up as regular items in the search at an extreme price. If you see a weapon that goes for 50k and then see the same one listed for 400k you can either assume the person is an idiot or its a +1, but being able to know for sure would be useful.

I'm sure one of the next few content updates will handle this.
SE is constantly having issues with +1 or higher items, which means this is probably a complicated issue or design flaw on their end. Like they may have coded them in the game in an odd way or something. (I don't know, like maybe they share the same item ID in the database but have a tag on them that identifies it as a +1, making searching for items by item ID difficult to distinguish them if your coding hundreds of other things at the same time.)

In FFXI I know weapons had different ID tags if it was a +1 or regular, but the +1s in this game seem to act different so I doubt it's as quick to add it as we'd like. Obviously not impossible just not the #1 priority, and if its the difference of getting the search out now vs waiting another 2 weeks just to make +1s work ... release it now.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 12:10pm by Eadieni
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#11 Feb 03 2011 at 11:26 AM Rating: Good
**
435 posts
kikunya wrote:
Why bother selling HQ items when the new search system shows prices and doesn't indicate HQ (+1, +2, +3) items? Naturally this happens:

A) I used to sell mainly +1 and +2 armors. Now, its useless to sell HQs at 30,000G because buyers goes to the retainer that sells NQ versions at 29,999G.

B) I price +2s at 60,000G. The item search shows that others are selling the item at 49,999G and 100,000G. The buyer might think, "the 100k one must be a HQ! must check it out!" He found the guy selling NQ for 100k and goes, "F*** all these idiot sellers f*** waste of my time!" Then he continues to buy the 49,999G NQ version and my +2 gets shafted.

Sellers suffer because they can't sell HQs. Buyers suffer because they missed good deals on HQs.

It seems the new dev team is smoking whatever the old team was smoking.


Valid points.

I hope they address this soon...
____________________________

#12 Feb 03 2011 at 2:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,235 posts
I don't know about people searching for HQ behaving in that manner.

I've already searched for HQ using the available prices as a compass, and haven't bought and NQ just because I was too lazy to check the other indicated sellers after finding out my guess wasn't correct.

People who are looking for HQ are going to FIND an HQ, not just overpay for an NQ when they JUST saw lower prices in the search menu 30 seconds earlier.
____________________________


"Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
#13 Feb 03 2011 at 2:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
812 posts
Perhaps the problem SE is having with HQ items and improved versions of skills is actually a problem with Crystal Tools, and when they compile the code they need the issues to "fall out" via support tickets and be corrected manually.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#14 Feb 03 2011 at 3:18 PM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
One possible solution is to change the color or symbol of the star above retainers' heads who have a +1/2/3 item for sale so they stand out without having to open their bazaar.

Although seeing the +1/2/3 in the search results would indeed be a better solution.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 3:18pm by Hydragyrum
#15 Feb 03 2011 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
One possible solution is to change the color or symbol of the star above retainers' heads who have a +1/2/3 item for sale so they stand out without having to open their bazaar.

Although seeing the +1/2/3 in the search results would indeed be a better solution.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2011 3:18pm by Hydragyrum


I like both of these suggestions.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#16 Feb 03 2011 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
315 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
Perhaps the problem SE is having with HQ items and improved versions of skills is actually a problem with Crystal Tools, and when they compile the code they need the issues to "fall out" via support tickets and be corrected manually.



Compiling has nothing to do with implementing extra code for situations such as these. That's like blaming the spell check for not making your English essay better. Compilation is just a tool to package the code correctly so that the system can read it efficiently.

I would probably say its just a matter of time VS priority. They needed to release a price check function, but didn't have time to implement extra structures for HQ items in the database search. I'm sure this issue will be dealt with once it reaches the top of the priority list.
____________________________
FFXI 2003-2007: Elaron ~Phoenix
FFXIV 2010-> : Gus Morgan ~Wutai

#17 Feb 03 2011 at 4:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
GusMorgan wrote:
Jefro420 wrote:
Perhaps the problem SE is having with HQ items and improved versions of skills is actually a problem with Crystal Tools, and when they compile the code they need the issues to "fall out" via support tickets and be corrected manually.



Compiling has nothing to do with implementing extra code for situations such as these. That's like blaming the spell check for not making your English essay better. Compilation is just a tool to package the code correctly so that the system can read it efficiently.

I would probably say its just a matter of time VS priority. They needed to release a price check function, but didn't have time to implement extra structures for HQ items in the database search. I'm sure this issue will be dealt with once it reaches the top of the priority list.

I doubt that's the case because most likely what determines if the item is a +1 or +2 or whatever is most likely just a database table entry where a query could be easily modified to display the flag. Most likely the issue runs deeper than that.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#18 Feb 03 2011 at 4:10 PM Rating: Decent
lets just keep arguing after I've pointed out that it's already on the Dev hitlist...
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#19 Feb 03 2011 at 6:15 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
PerrinofSylph, ****** Superhero wrote:
lets just keep arguing after I've pointed out that it's already on the Dev hitlist...


Oh yeah? Let's NOT argue!

Hah! I showed you!
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#20 Feb 03 2011 at 6:59 PM Rating: Decent
**
800 posts
PerrinofSylph, ****** Superhero wrote:
lets just keep arguing after I've pointed out that it's already on the Dev hitlist...


But if we don't keep complaining about things until they are fixed, the devs might think the game doesn't need any further updates! We are responsible for the future of FFXIV! We don't want to be responsible for killing FFXIV after all. Our voice must be heard!
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)